Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

How to take cat's Correspondence Course, plus news about Lucky Mojo Curio Co. Workshops, Apprenticeships, and Parties.
stacia
HRCC Student
Re: HRCC: Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course

Unread post by stacia » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:07 am

Hi, I am new to this forum, and I'm trying to figure out where to post any questions about the lessons. I just received my book (it's beautiful) and after reading lessson 1 gifted for the work, I have a question about true dreaming.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:22 pm

To ElectroKid / Christopher Evans --

Thanks for your interest in my course. In order to enroll, you need first to become a customer of my shop, the Lucky Mojo Curio Co. and buy from us. I have no record of a Christopher Evans in my database of 29,000 customers, so that's your first step -- become a customer.

Next, there are certain supplies you will need to purchase before you can take the course -- my book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic," and a set of oils, herbs, powders, incense, and bathing supplies. The list is on this page:

http://luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Finally, i do not accept students under the age of 21, so, since you are 18, you have a few years to wait.

Good luck, and perhaps you will some day become my student.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

hagofnaedre
HRCC Student

Unread post by hagofnaedre » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:31 pm

Hi there everyone, I just have a few questions about the course.

I have been a Lucky Mojo customer since 2010 and I have placed a total of four orders, the last of which was all the supplies I needed for the course. I was wondering if I should call ahead to make an appointment to talk to miss cat before purchasing the course book, or should I purchase the course book and then make the interview appointment? Just curious as to which route might be best.

Also, I have a copy of Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic, that I bought on amazon long ago (it's very dog eared and well loved, lol) - is it required that I buy it via luckymojo.com or is the copy that I already have ok?

I just wanted to make sure all my bases are covered before I take the big step.

Thank you!
HRCC Student #1715

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:05 am

Hagofnaedre,

Call the shop and make an appointment to do your interview first, to make sure that cat is comfortable accepting you into the class. After you have been accepted cat will help you go ahead and order the Course book.

You do not have to buy a new copy of HHRM as stated by cat herself on the course page: "if you don't already have a copy of this book, you will have to order it at the same time that you enroll in the Correspondence Course"

Good luck. The Course is worth the time and effort and you will get lots out of it.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 am

Thanks, Joseph -- that is correct.

Hagofnaedre:

1) You can have bought your copy of HHRM anywhere, but you must have a copy.

2) You cannot order the course book until i accept you as a student. Acceptance is dependent upon our compatibility and your agreement to the terms of the course, which we will discuss during the interview. If you were to try to order the course book without having been accepted as a student, your credit card would not be charged and you would not receive the book.

3) Upon acceptance, you may order the course book and when your payment is processed, you will be enrolled in the course and given a Student ID number, access to the course students' Yahoo group, and a timeline for completion of your homework.

4) Upon satisfactory review of your homework, you will be sent a certificate of completion in the course and your student ID number will be given the suffix of "G" -- for "graduate."
catherine yronwode

Dark Raven
HRCC Student

Unread post by Dark Raven » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:18 pm

Hello Miss Cat,

I am very interested by your courses and would like to follow your “Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course”, if you accept me.

I think that I meet the requirements (see below) but I have one little problem : my native language is french and I have very difficult to follow a telephone conversation in English. I can read English and understand about 80 % of what I read (with a dictionary close to me it is again better), and I can write a bit too (but less well that I read). So, talk with one person by telephone and understand will not be very easy for me.

So, I apologies for that (I continue to learn English step by step everyday) and I would like to know if it is possible to do the interview by email ? (we could to fix one appointment and I could to answer immediately). Or, if not, by “Skype” may be ? (2 reasons for that: by this mean we could see each other and so I could to read your lips to get more easy for understand and answer to you AND as I don’t have telephone but just a GSM, it’s a lot less expensive for me as it is international call).

I do not want to bore you, so if it’s not possible… I understand, and simply ask you if it's possible for you to speak slowly and with simple words during the phone interview. Thank you very much.

REQUIREMENTS

- I am prepared to turn in ALL my homework and I want absolutely to be graduate.

- I bought all the products on the list of products (except the roll of charcoal tablet because I have plenty charcoal tablets already at home) and many others items.

- I reading “Hoodoo theory and practice” every day.

- I have plenty plants and herbs books already but I am glad today to have “Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic” because this book is one “MUST” and gave me knowledge about plenty herbs and curios which I don’t know before.

- I have read the terms and conditions and I agree to these terms.

I apologies for my bad English.

Thank you for reading and for your time.

All the best,
Dark Raven

SweetLady

Unread post by SweetLady » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:45 am

Hello Miss Cat:
I have been contemplating taking this course for over a year now. I found the Lucky Mojo site after reading a book called Not in Kansas Anymore that I picked up 2 year ago, around Halloween, at a Dollar store in the small midwest town in which I currently live. I was instantly drawn to the store/site by a strange and compelling curiosity. At first, I would only visit and browse briefly. I think I actually felt a bit afraid of the site! :shock: lol. I don't know why...perhaps it is because I have always been "sensitive." you know, to subtle energies and such. However, curiousity got this cat, and I continued to visit whenever I was online. I read some of the info about you, your husband, the shop, the mojo car, etc. At first, I wasn't sure hoodoo was for me, but the more I read, the more I liked! I am a Native American Woman, and longtime worker with spirits :P I have dabbled in Wicca and Buddhism. I consider myself well versed in the area of magic/spirits in general. I have read tarot cards for 16 years. I am a dreamer, in my own tribal system of belief. I have been ordering from LM since the earlier part of this year. I am very interested in taking your course, and hope that you will take me on as a student. I apologize if this is not the right way to contact you...I tried to PM you, but was unable. This is just a bit about me. Hope to hear from you! Thanks a bunch for operating this site and for your willingness to share your knowledge with others! Blessings, SweetLady.

hagofnaedre
HRCC Student

Unread post by hagofnaedre » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:12 am

Joseph & miss cat,

Thank you for clarifying! I just called in a few days ago and got my appointment for interview set up this Thursday. I'm really excited! Thanks again :D
HRCC Student #1715

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:24 am

hagofnaedre: That is great news. I am glad that my instructions were clear enough (cat, thank you for the nod and for the great back-up information) and I am glad that you have an appointment for your interview. I loved talking with cat about the Course and have to softly smile when I hear nearly-students feeling nervous about the interview, so I am glad you are excited! It will be great!
Joseph Magnuson

serpentlight213

Unread post by serpentlight213 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:02 pm

I understand that someone who is interested in taking the hoodoo course is supposed to purchase from multiple items which in one post I saw was "powers, incense, oil, candle, mojo bag" etc. Can I just order the required items for the course? I also understand that I will have to be a customer of the Lucky Mojo store/site which I am but I only made one order which was a BIG order though. Is there anything else I need to do to qualify? I know I have to buy the course book, Mrs. Cats book, the items but througout the forum there seems to be "more requirements etc."

Ty

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:57 am

serpentlight213: You say: "througout the forum there seems to be 'more requirements etc.'" What have you seen that qualified as "more requirements?"

Please re-read the Who Can Apply page for the Correspondence Course here:

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.htm ... CONDITIONS

They are on the right hand side of that link and spell out exactly what Miss cat would like of you as a perspective student. I hope this helps you.
Joseph Magnuson

serpentlight213

Unread post by serpentlight213 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 pm

To Joseph Magnuson:

Requirements may not have been the best word for all of the things I came across but some were that you would have to have a ten minute convesation with Mrs. Cat on the phone which is understandable but I do not ever remember reading that here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html.

The same goes with you having to be 21 years old (no clomplaints, I'm 23).

Its been a few weeks since I came across the main post I am referring to though I can't seem to find it. It just seems like important information is being disperced throughout the forum that should either be on the page above (the link) or made into a section of the forum - a more specific section for updates etc. unlike this section.

Ty

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Hello, Ty / serpenlight213 --

The mention of having a conversation is definitely on the page and has been there since i first wrote the page. You probably just missed it.

it is under the heading "Who Can Apply" and it is worded thus: "The only way i can decide who has what it takes to study with me is to become familiar with them, understand where they're coming from" ... "let's have a brief telephone conversation so that i can get to know you a bit," which describes it well enough, i think.

As for age, i have long used the word "mature" in the "Who Can Apply" area on the page but so far, no enrolled student younger than 21 has ever graduated, hence i have gradually adopted the lower age limit of 21. Due to your bringing it to my attention, i have inserted "21 years of age or older" in the "Terms and Conditions" area of the page, but i am leaving the previousr term "mature" in the "Who Can Apply" area of the page.
catherine yronwode

Nolongerhere

Unread post by Nolongerhere » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:04 pm

I've looked into this course and it seems I am of a disadvantage, living in the UK I mainly use a official re-seller, so there goes the invoice required. Also, having to send shipments of sample products to the US continually would make grading slower and costlier.

Boo! Lol.

Callum R
Thank you St. Expedite

serpentlight213

Unread post by serpentlight213 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Im starting to feel like a nuisance, always asking theses questions but then again this forum is, I imagine, to answer questions about these matters. If I already have one of the required items (oils,incenses etc.) from a previous LM order do I have to purchase it again or simiar item when I sign up for the Course? i.e. If I already have love oil do I still have to buy a love oil from Lucky Mojo or will the one I have suffice?

Ty

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:53 pm

If you ordered directly from LM the first time - not through a reseller - then they should have a record of your previous purchases. In that case there's no need to repurchase the same items again.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:12 am

I just wanted to add my two cents here (please forgive me if this post is redundant)

I am an older woman with DECADES of experience in the world of magic. This includes DECADES of experince buying products from numerous companies, too.

Lucky Mojo's products, in my humble opinion, are the most SUPERIOR products that one could ever find. catherine yronwode BELIEVES in her work, takes pride in her work, and insures that her products are as honorable as is she.

This attitude of hers is also demonstrated in her role as our teacher. As a graduate of her course, I can tell you (first hand) that I think twice before making something. Sometimes, thinking is required more than twice (because cat has instilled in ALL OF US the superior ethics of conjure work). This has resulted in me considering myself (as well as the rest of her graduates) a highly knowledgeable and ethical root worker.

And distance from California (or the U.S.A.) ought not matter when it comes to the what the end product will be: Outstanding knowledge and understanding of the practice of Hoodoo.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jasmina
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jasmina » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:22 am

Does it makes a difference how "old" is your customer record? I have bought 3 times from LM (for the past 2 months I believe), including each time some course required items (missing 3-4 more I think) - but mostly getting things that I think I would need to make things happen in mine and my families life.

I really want to learn how to do things right.

Yasmina

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:22 am

Yasmina,
When I had originally interviewed for the course, cat was able to pull up everything that I had purchased in the past.
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jasmina
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jasmina » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:11 pm

Miss Aida wrote:Yasmina,
When I had originally interviewed for the course, cat was able to pull up everything that I had purchased in the past.
Thanks for the quick answer Miss Aida :) I was actually more wondering does it matter if I have been buying for 3-4 months or it needs to be a longer standing record for me to be even considered a valid candidate? My will is strong on this question and will wait if I have to.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:17 pm

Yasmina,
The "Correspondence Course" page says that the required purchases ought to be spread out over 4 invoices. If you've also met that criteria, then you're probably ready to call Lucky Mojo and ask for an interview with Miss cat (she does have the final word and she's really good at reading people's sincerity and dedication to the course). Also, the other folks at Lucky Mojo will ask you questions prior to setting an appointment. They too are very insightful. Doesn't hurt to give it a try now..
GOOD LUCK !!!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Jasmina
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jasmina » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:36 am

I sure will call as soon as I place my 4th and final order....I hardly wait!!! :-)

candlemagician

Unread post by candlemagician » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:29 am

To anyone interested in the "Correspondence Course", I would say Take the course! I have had my Book now one week, and find myself 7 chapters into it, completing my first homework assignment to return. I can't put this down. Follow the rules that are set out to be able to be interviewed by Miss cat (truly an amazing woman) and join the class. The Staff at the Store, the Grads, and the other Students make you feel welcome and right at home right away...... Just do it!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:55 am

Hello, all -- In response to requests from a couple of students, i have created a Facebook page for the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course. You can use this Facebook as a place to link to and share with other Facebook users, so that your social network friends will be able to see what you are up to.

The page is designed for the use of students and graduates, but i will not "police" it, so anyone interested in eventually taking the course can also check it out and "like" the page. Here it is:

http://www.facebook.com/Hoodoo.Rootwork ... nce.Course

Enjoy!
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 pm

Cat,

The page looks great so far! I "Liked" it and it was at 91 Likes...can't wait for 91 more!
Joseph Magnuson

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:57 am

To Yasmina and others who are wondering how "old" your orders can be to qualify for the "required purchases" portion of the course requirements --

We have 53,256 invoices in our files covering the 51 months from October 2007 to January 2012 in our current database (a.k.a the "new" database).

We have 24,159 invoices in our files covering the 105 months from January 1999 to September 2007 in our "legacy database" (a.k.a. the "old" database).

Both are immediately accessible.

The 4,375 Invoices covering the 27 months from October 1996 to December 1998 are no longer electronically accessible, alas, as we discarded the old-format electronic data when we upgraded our database on the first of January, 1999.

However, HAND-WRITTEN records of the daily transactions from that early period still exist, in little bound books. (Not that i am going to look them up, mind you ... but they do exist.)

In other words, if you have ordered from us any time over the past 11 years, we can look up what you ordered.

Unless...

Unless you were a walk-in client to the shop who paid with cash and did not state your name (we only keep name-records of walk-ins who pay with credit cards) ...

.... or you paid with cash and used a fake name (you'd be surprised how many people pay with cash under fake names!).

Finally, if you have changed your name over the course of the years and want to be credited for purchases made under your old name, you need only give us your old name and we can merge all of your previous invoices into one current client-record under your new name. We do this all the time, with minimal fuss.

Hope this helps!
catherine yronwode

ANSUZEIHWAZ
HRCC Student

Unread post by ANSUZEIHWAZ » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:34 am

Hi Cat I got my Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course HardCover Book, but I want to know about the Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic book, I have the 2002 publication and there another publication?

Happy New Year!!! ;)

Thanks

Glaciers

Unread post by Glaciers » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:33 am

Thank you miss cat for accepting me in your correspondence course :D . I am so excited to continue on this journey with you. Thank you again. It was a pleasure to speak with you. I am so looking forward to getting my materials.

Blessings,
Glaciers

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:56 am

Glaciers,

You are very welcome!

--

ANSUZEIHWAZ,

The 2002 edition of HHRM is fine as a companion to the HRCC book. The latest edition of HHRM has been revised a bit, but the revisions are not so great as to require you purchase the new edition.
catherine yronwode

mountainwiccan

Unread post by mountainwiccan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Hello again. I was taking a brief look at the information provided with respect to the Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course, which I shall certainly look at applying for in the near future when I know a little more than I presently do about Hoodoo!

My question was with respect to befriending an African American person in order to assist in the completion of course assignments as well as because.. well, it makes sense given that Hoodoo is inherently African American.

For me the term African American is a little confusing as I was uncertain whether the need (within the context of this course) was to befriend a black person or specifically a black person of American origin.

I have relatives who live in Manhattan and Florida - but have not been in contact with them for decades now. Most of my immediate family and friends of Black origin live either in the UK or the Caribbean.

So there are two questions I'd like to ask.

1) Can I simply turn to people of Black origin who are not American? I live in the UK and can honestly say that I have never met many African-American person in the UK aside from tourists in London and thereabouts.

2) I am Black (British born-Caribbean). My mother is a Carib of Antiguan and Dominican (not Dominican Republic) origin and my father was also from the Caribbean. I grew up with stories being related about Obeah in the Caribbean and how it directly related to my family so, could I use my own "black" familial experiences within potential coursework assignments?

Any clarification is appreciated and I hope that I have posted this in the correct forum!

Ta!
"I have every sympathy with the American who was so horrified by what he had read of the effects of smoking that he gave up reading" - Henry G Strauss

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:51 pm

I believe that students outside the US can interview an African-American by email or phone. Check with Miss Cat to be sure.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 pm

Yes check with cat, she will give you some recommendations.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi, mountainwiccan --

HRCC students who live in countries other than the USA can make friends with an American person of another culture via the internet (although in-person tourists are preferable). HRCC students who live in the USA should be in-person friends, or co-workers, or have met somehow in the world.

1) This is not about skin colour. It is about culture.

Of the two first homework assignments -- the collection of folklore -- one of the two must come from your own family and one of the two must come from an African American person.

The course is about the folk-magic culture of African American people, especially those with family roots in the South, so if that does not describe YOUR culture (even though you have Black skin), you would still need to find an African American person to interview for Homework #2.

This means that if your own family is African American, then you can interview anyone you choose who is NOT an African American for Homework #2..

In other words, when it comes to Homework #2:

* A person from a European, European-American, Asian, or Native family must interview an African American person.
* A Black Nigerian must interview an African American.
* A Black Jamaican must interview an African American.
* An African American may interview ANYONE of another culture, including a European, European-American, Asian, Native American, Black Nigerian, or Black Jamaican.

And it gets delightfully complicated with bi-racial students -- where one parent is White and the other Black. They can choose one parent (either the White one or the Black one) for Homework #1 and choose the other parent for Homework #2, if they want to. (And yes, this has happened.)

2) Of all of the New World Black traditions, Obeah is by far the closest to Hoodoo. This is because the slaves brought to British colonies (including Jamaica and what became the USA) picked up many cultural cross-over customs that were rooted in British, Scottish, and Irish folk-magic and herb-lore, and ways of working and thinking that were rooted in the various Protestant religions. However, the biggest difference between USA hoodoo and Jamaican Obeah is that the slaves in the USA had extensive contact and intermarriage with Native tribes of our region -- most prominently the Cherokee tribe. This means that a lot of Cherokee lore entered into Black American culture -- but it is absent from Black Jamaican culture. So the two cultures diverged over time.

I cannot teach you Jamaican Obeah, and although i know you will find many, many similarities between it and hoodoo, i cannot grade your assignments based on how closely they conform to the norms of Obeah. The two are like lasagna and enchiladas -- similar dishes, made in a similar way from a flat starchy substance, plus a filling, a sauce, and cheese, both baked in a pan, both usually served with a spatula, but actually made of slightly different ingredients and with definitely different flavours.

Lasagna:

Enchiladas

catherine yronwode

mountainwiccan

Unread post by mountainwiccan » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:25 pm

Thanks for the reply - Very helpful indeed.

So to further complicate things is Jamaican Obeah like Antiguan Obeah (my family are not from Jamaica but Antigua and Dominica)?. I thought Obeah differed from island to island as their language, music and culture tends to. I know very little if anything about Jamaican cultural, spiritual and religious traditions.

I thought though that Obeah might be similar in some ways to Hoodoo so that is useful to know if nothing else.

My mother also happens to be half Indian - but Carib Indian not Native American. but very few people seem to have heard of these Amerindian people ...
"I have every sympathy with the American who was so horrified by what he had read of the effects of smoking that he gave up reading" - Henry G Strauss

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:28 pm

I know very little about Antiguan obeah, as i have met few people from there. I would assume that it does vary from Jamaican obeah, in the same way the Mississippi hoodoo varies from Georgia hoodoo.

Your point about the Carib Indians is well taken -- their customs and practices cause the local form of obeah to vary from other forms.

What i teach is a survey of various styles of hoodoo across the USA, including rural styles and urban styles which were influenced by contact with other urban groups, such as Chinese and Jewish people.

America is a big tossed salad!
catherine yronwode

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:26 pm

One of the things I've noticed looking in books about magic and websites that teach it is that there's plenty mention of rituals and spells but little in the way of potions. This is one of the things about magic I'm most looking forward to learning.

Is that one of the things that'll be covered in the Correspondence Course?
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm

Luckbewithme876 --

Yes, there is a chapter in the course on the interplay between magical herbology and medical herbology, including tinctures, teas, tisanes, and other potions.
catherine yronwode

Luckbewithme876

Unread post by Luckbewithme876 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:31 pm

Thanks Catherine. Also, a question pertaining to the stuff you list that is required to take the course. Are those all things we'll actually need and be implementing in the course?
EDIT: Never mind. Just now saw the thread for that very question. :oops:
Thank you to St. Dymphna!

mountainwiccan

Unread post by mountainwiccan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:37 pm

I think the next time I get a bit of money I shall make a concerted effort to travel back to the Caribbean to speak with my family about those traditions.

Anyway there is so much to learn, that much is clear. I try to read as much as I can - almost every day really, but still, With Hoodoo, I really feel out of my depth most of the time... which in turn upsets and stresses me out a bit. I'm not sure if a lack of confidence is especially conducive to Rootwork...

Jasmina
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jasmina » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:30 pm

I just placed the last portion of the required purchases (and then some...lol)....I am about to call tomorrow morning to set up my interview with Miss Cat.....nervous and butterflies, hope I make it through :oops:

Mandos

Unread post by Mandos » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi. I'm new on the forum. I don't know if it's the right place to post that but i try. I'm interested by Hoodoo and i'd like to learn by correspondence lessons. But, I'm french canadian from Quebec and i'm not enough comfortable in english for english lessons. Can you help me?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:45 pm

Mandos, i'm sorry, i only speak English and the course is only available in English.
catherine yronwode

Mandos

Unread post by Mandos » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:01 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Mandos, i'm sorry, i only speak English and the course is only available in English.
You don't know someone who could teach me in french?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Mandos, This thread is about my course, not about other people's courses.
catherine yronwode

Mandos

Unread post by Mandos » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:53 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Mandos, This thread is about my course, not about other people's courses.
Yes! I mean someone who can teach you course in french.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:15 am

Hi Mandos,

all of the course material is in English I'm afraid. It is also the language that you will submit your homework in. Some of us who have taken it are francophone (moi par exemple) but we've had to slowly but surely translate our way through the work. It is more than worth your while to do that and your graduation will be even more meaningful as a result.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Mandos

Unread post by Mandos » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:16 am

aura wrote:Hi Mandos,

all of the course material is in English I'm afraid. It is also the language that you will submit your homework in. Some of us who have taken it are francophone (moi par exemple) but we've had to slowly but surely translate our way through the work. It is more than worth your while to do that and your graduation will be even more meaningful as a result.

Blessings.
Thanks Aura,

Earthwitch

Unread post by Earthwitch » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 am

Hello everyone,
I think I am a ready to sign up for HR course.

I am hoping to reach Miss Cat to set up phone interview. i don't see the personal email for her.

I think I need to get a couple of more things on the list I know :
2 bath crystals
1 lucky Mojo 4 thieves Vinegar
1 goofer's Dust
1 sashay powder for repelling ( I already have for money attraction) I was thinking a Protection one like Un=jinx powder
I will probably getting these with my next order. I need 3 more railroad spikes to complete protection.

I have read the Hoodoo Theory page and read the Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic Book when it arrived in one setting. I am ready to get my hands dirty, lol. I just graduated with my first degree, so I feel so open to learning right now. I have been saving money for the course as well.

My customer # E54906 ( which I forgot to include with my last purchase). I purchased Crown of Success oil, and some others to help with New Job searching. If this works out I will be able to really stock up with Lucky Mojo products like I want.

Aside from what I need for class I have a long shopping list, but limited funds. so work before pleasure I figure I better make my request now.

My background is a family one of native American/southern African American tradition. I come from a lineage of healers and rootworkers. My grandma was Cherokee and grand dad was blackfoot. I know only what I remember from her teachings and my moms.I do certain things and never knew why until researching. Miss Cat writings have helped tremendously to put the pieces together. Like why I where what I wear in a medicine bag or why I still make camphor and angelica or comfrey pouches for my kids. My mom is 77 now and memory is failing. I don't want these traditions to be lost.

I hope that I will be accepted.

katrink
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by katrink » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:40 am

(don't forget the person above me, I want them to get their answer)

Have a quick question, for submitting homework, I read somewhere that it is all right to send it all together at once? I can't remember where I read that, I just want to confirm that's ok, I think I want to do it that way and then stick tracking on it because I am paranoid. Not in a big rush for this yet, I am still waiting to get my schoolbook, I was just curious if this is ok? Or would you prefer I send each assignment in by itself?

Posting this here as I am waiting on my ID number and I did not want to yahoo group post without that.
Lucky Mojo Certified Practitioner
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1725

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:35 pm

Earthwitch -- once you have all your purchases, then Della or someone else in the shop will set you up with a free appointment with me to talk about the course and your expectations and mine. It may be a few weeks, because my time is closely booked, but be patient and we will get together. Your background sounds ideal for taking the course.

katrink -- either way is okay, all at once or one or more at a time. We keep records electronically and simply check off the humbers of completed homeworks as we grade them.
catherine yronwode

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Got my course book today! This isn't quite on par with my wedding day, or when when my daughters were born, but it comes close. I can get away with saying that because my wife doesn't read this forum...
Two-Headed Doctor

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:20 pm

I remember the feeling Mister Hob, my wife and I received ours in the same package and were very, very happy that night! I'm glad to read you are feeling this way as well.
Joseph Magnuson

Wendy Rose
HRCC Student

Unread post by Wendy Rose » Wed May 16, 2012 12:08 pm

Oh, guys, really can"t wait for the time when it"s possible for me to apply for the correspondence course.....!!! I am posting here for a while now and I am waiting for my first two orders to arrive. Next month, with my next salary, I will start to purchase items for the course list. In the meanwhile I start to get my hands dirty so I will be prepared when I can start the course. Just want to let you know that I am happy for you already starting, can't wait to join too :)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1825

Enrique1014

Unread post by Enrique1014 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi cat and fellow forum users!

My name is enrique and I am very interested in taking the correspondence course in order to learn more in-depth information on rootwork. I am 19 and have been interested in the course for a very long time so I was wondering if there are any age requirments for the course. thank you! :)

enrique

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:17 pm

You are not yet 21, so you will have to talk to catherine. There are some purchases you need to make first:

hrcc-required-purchases-for-corresponde ... 15861.html

After you have met the purchase requirement, you need to speak with Miss Cat before you start.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:50 pm

I limit students to those age 21 and older for two reasons:

(1) people under 21 rarely if ever graduate;

(2) people under 21 may, in some nations or regions, be considered juveniles and since there is some mention of sexual elements in the course (not much, but some), i would prefer to steer clear of anything that may be construed as corrupting the morals of a minor.

I will accept students under 21 with the express permission of their parents.
catherine yronwode

Enrique1014

Unread post by Enrique1014 » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:36 pm

I can try to do that but i don't live with my parents; i live on my own right now.

down the road when i have my supplies and talk to you i would try to talk to them.

enrique

Lord SP
HRCC Student

Unread post by Lord SP » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:23 am

Miss Cat,

I am a proud African American with European influence as I live in the Suburbs of New Jersey. I was thinking the same thing that it would be an honor to befriend those students taking the Course who do not have immediate access to African American people. Because I feel the same way it's not about skin color it's about culture. We'll speak more about it when I call in tomorrow 6:30pm-est for my interview I called in the other day and spoke to Katrina who was very helpful in setting up my interview. Have a great day everyone. Lord SP

Wendy Rose
HRCC Student

Unread post by Wendy Rose » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:10 am

Hi, I just placed my next order and applied for the correspondence course in my order. (with a really cool round order number, so I hope this brings some luck :)) Not sure which route to follow in this but really excited that I made this step to apply I make post here too! Coming from Holland I am so glad that there is a possibility of following the corresponding course. Dreaming deep within of a cool holiday in America too some day. Now today is the first step! Thanks for the joy already :)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1825

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 am

Congrats Wendy Rose! It would be great to meet you one day at the Workshops that happen every year in May. Miss Ida Lundin, a fellow forum Mod and friend of mine, came all the way from Sweden last year for the apprenticeships and the workshops, and we had a blast learning and meeting everyone that week!
Good luck!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!
HRCC Grad-Apprentice #1606

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Catherine's Correspondence Course and Apprenticeship Program”