Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
katz1

Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by katz1 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:21 pm

hey
i am still waiting on my honey jar kit from LM which i hope to get soon :P

however i have not seen my ex for a while and not sure if we will be intimate anytime soon for me to be able get any of his hair (my cat has same hair colour)

so what to do? do i wait until i can get intimate with him again - if ever or just start honey jar minus his hair..i do have a pic of him, and use my hair and the love herbs?

also i realised i forgot to order some other bits and pieces for honey jar so do i just wait on these too b4 starting or just start and reopen jar to add stuff at a later date...just so mad that i wasn't forward thinking and keep forgetting things from LM to add And i so want to start asap when i get my jar as I am finding he is becoming more and more distant...he even seems to losing interest in being intimate with me and thats a first

also can you alternate different colured candles..I ordered red but then i realised that pink is for love so can i burn both but on different days

any help will be greatly appreciated

thanks

K

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:19 pm

K --

You got to work on this as soon as possible. Use what you have, but personal concerns (hair, nails, etc) are the most potent part of the honey jar. They beat all the extra herbs combined. The personal concerns are your link to your ex.

You can use various colored candles on a honey jar. Pink and red are the traditional colors for love.

Good luck!

Mary

Lucylookingskyward

Unread post by Lucylookingskyward » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:41 pm

Can I combine a Honey Jar spell kit with other spells or kits?

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:12 pm

The honey jar is quite versatile. If it works for you, that is all that matters. Now in the case of working on someone to be "sweet" to you in love, personal concerns are a big help. They connect you to the target, without them the honey jar is weaker. Now there are cases of honey jars working with just pictures, but they are usually the exception to the rule when it comes to love work. If it is court case, job related, business related, etc, the personal concerns are not as essential for effectiveness.

When I wanted a romantic relationship with a man, I got something personal from him to give me a connection to him. I would pretend to be pulling a piece of lint of his clothing, but really be getting his hair. One time I got a hold of kleenex and used that. Sometimes I would use handwriting, but always tried to get something from his person. After I was intimate with him, I would create a new honey jar with his semen.

I think most seasoned workers personalize their honey jars.

Mary

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:15 pm

Does the 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months idea apply for honey jars? The reason I ask is that I did a honey jar years ago to sweeten a boss to me and he still has the flavor if you know what I mean. At the time I wanted a raise and now I just want him to leave me alone, I am thinking about doing the poppy seed freezer on him.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:25 pm

Hi jwmcclin,

3 days / 3 weeks / 3 months is a reasonable starting point for a check-in timeline for many kinds of work. While not all jobs will be complete in that amount of time (and some ultimately successful jobs may indeed take years), in general, if you are still not seeing progress from a work started "years ago", it is probably time to retire that jar and either re-make it from scratch, or try a different approach. For the situation you mention, Boss Fix products (including the Boss Fix mini-honey jar kit) may be of interest:

http://www.luckymojo.com/products-boss-fix.html

Good luck!
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:11 pm

He is no longer my boss just works in same organization...every time I see him he has to say something to me I typically ignore him, two weeks ago he left a message on my voice mail. I just deleted it. Again, I am thinking about putting him on ice.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:09 pm

You can burn white candles for pretty much anything. Anoint them with the appropriate oils just as you would with the pink candles.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:08 am

Well, it sounds like you need to just begin a new honey jar. I would take out the necessary items from your old honey jar and start a new one. I would bury the current honey jar in my front yard.

Good luck!

Mary

honeygirl

Unread post by honeygirl » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:26 pm

This is a question arising from Cat's comment - which was in response to a poster wondering if she should do a honey jar spell, a reconciliation or an intranquility spell. Cat's original comment follows:

"You know, if a woman doesn't get a man back within the first month, her chances of bringing him back go way, waaaay down. You are standing on the edge of losing him forever and you are fussing about what spell to do. That's not wise, dear. START A HONEY JAR -- NOW. You can work a Break-Up spell on him and his other woman later, and that'd be fine, but you MUST keep him sweet and attuned to you NOW or you'll lose it all. Use the hairs of his that you find in his car! You have everything you need -- DO IT!"

Cat - you mentioned that "if a woman doesn't get a man back within the first month, her chances of bringing him back go way, waaaay down."

If that's the case, is there any point in doing a honey jar spell for longer than a month? I'm a bit confused, since honey jars take a long time to manifest (I understand it's the slow and steady concept - it brings strong, steadfast results). Or for that matter, should one do any spell for longer than a month? So in this case, if you don't see results, should you interpret this as the outcome destined not to happen, or should you try the same spell again, or do another spell? And what are the consequences of doing more than one spell at once? Does it just confuse the issue by "bombarding" the target?

And of course, how does one balance obsession with working a honeyjar (or spell) everyday with candles, with not jinxing a spell with anxiety about the outcome, or "do it and forget about it"?

Thank you for your answers!

Best,

Honey

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:16 pm

honeygirl,

It is not true that "honey jars take a long time to manifest" -- they will keep on working almost forever, but they can get off to a fast start or a slow start depending on your situation and how you approach the work.

You should look for some signs within 3 days, and look for some motion within 3 weeks. If you see no motion at all, even after three weeks, then the spell probably is not going to work. If you see some motion, then continue the spell work for 3 months or until you get satisfaction. You may keep a honey jar going for the rest of your life, with or without candles on top and with or without using the honey in food that you serve to the person. Honey never goes bad, so you can use it for years.

A lot of people think you do a spell once and "fix" a problem. Uh-uh. If the man and you have ho tempers, fights may bubble up at any time, so you can keep a successful honey jar going -- for years, if necessary.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

SylvrDyamond

Unread post by SylvrDyamond » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:17 pm

is it okay to do more than one honey jar at a time?
im trying to work a spell to reconcile with an ex
and to bring my parents closer together. a rootworker
i spoke to said that more than one honey jar is a mistake

thnx!

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:42 pm

SylvrDyamond --

Maybe the rootworker means more than one honey jar on a situation, because I have quite a few successful honey jars for various situations and they all work wonderfully.

Mary

honeygirl

Unread post by honeygirl » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:23 pm

Dear Cat,

Thank you so much for a prompt answer - I really appreciate it.

What would some signs be? And what do you mean by motion? If by motion, you mean, for example, if I wanted him to call, and he hasn't? If so, then what do you suggest? Should I try a different spell? Or give up on the issue? My desired effect on my target is contact, desire and love for me, for fires to be rekindled, for a commitment to happen. I'd been seeing someone since last fall, who's definitely been interested and was pursuing me even up until May, but the interest has of late waned. We've been both emotionally and physically intimate although not in any way a committed relationship, although it showed much potential in that direction. He travels a lot internationally for work and we haven't communicated in a month now, and I've tried different communication spells, without avail. I know he's back in town via Facebook, but he hasn't contacted me to tell me he's returned. Having said that, I have reached out only magically, and not via telephone, email, text. Is that silly of me? I have, however, been cyberstalking him (i.e. facebook), tracelessly. :lol: Should I call him first?

At this point, I've done several spells on this one target, it's been exactly 28 days since I started the first one - a honey jar - and nothing has happened that I can think of. Having said that, when I tried my first spell (it was also a honey jar spell, on a different target, and it was for reconciliation purposes for an estranged ex boyfriend) a few years back - the effects did not manifest until a little over a month, after I had given up on the prospect, and put the jar out of sight. When it did happen, it was strong. (Boy was it strong!) He called crying in the middle of the night, asking forgiveness and wanting to take me away on a trip so that we could discuss reconciliation. It didn't last though; I suppose it wasn't meant to be. Anyway... I've love your thoughts on the above questions.

Thank you for your thoughts and advice!

Happy Friday!

-Honey

lifeloveliberty

Unread post by lifeloveliberty » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Please help. My boyfriend and I broke up three weeks ago. We were together for three years minus a previous break up. Since the most recent split I've been burning a honey jar, along with various other vigil candles. In addition, I hired a worker. Something is working, because we are talking... we probably talk about 2-3 times a week... sometimes he calls and sometimes I call. I think we are at a very critical turning point, because the communication door is somewhat re-open, which is progress. However, the conversations are not about us, they are pretty much about everything but us. I am wondering what next? Is there something I can do on my end that is stronger? Thanks.

joyfulgrl

Unread post by joyfulgrl » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:13 pm

I am rather new to this so please bear with me. I had been talking to a guy everyday for a couple of weeks and thought things were great and then it suddenly stopped. He would not say a word to me or explain why. Granted most probably would have let it go but I figured a honey jar spell wouldn't hurt. So far there has been no response. I will take a risk of being told I did too much but wanted your take on my efforts so far. I am thinking I might shift now from focusing on him to just wanting to remove obstacles and then bringing in good things when the moon changes.

Thanks

Smudged house with sage.

Started honey jar spell four days before full moon.
Red candles
Come to me drops and come to me incense (on 3 plates)
Clean burn of candles
No response from intended

Strongest candle reaction/sign came when dressed and burned red female (mojo shop was out of male candle) candle on night of full moon and lunar eclipse. Added Queen Elizabeth Root shavings to incense plates and a small glass heart to each plate as well. Heard singeing sound, came back into room and saw heart made in wax on one incense plate. Almost clean burn of candle. Still no response.

Continued everyday alternating red and pink candles.

Added Glow of attraction glass candle, Success and Hummingbird glass candles in triangle formation around pot the honey jar is in. Rather than asking for things to be brought into my life, I asked for the negative to be removed via a petition paper under the Glow of Attraction Candle. Dressed with love herbs, Come to me incense, Adam and Eve oil, Healing oil and Drawing Oil.

Smudged house with sage.

Also burned combo of Come to Me Incense, Queen Elizabeth Root and Love Herb. Tried contacting intended and no response.

Added John Conqueror root to my mojo bag and the honey jar. Put lodestone near the Glow of Attraction candle.

Latest candle tonight 7/11 burned clean and continued burning on lid after candle and wick were gone. Bright tall flame for several minutes and then spontaneously died down and out. Small snapping/popping noises coming from other candles. Still no response.

keirith

Unread post by keirith » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:22 am

I think you are doing quite a bit for someone you don't really have a relationship with, but just liked and talked to for a few weeks.
Maybe you are obsessing too much over him. I think now you have to 'let it go' and trust that Spirit will take care of your petition, and then things may start to manifest if Spirit deems it is right for you. If after a certain period of time (in your case I would not give it more than a few weeks) no progress is made (and I don't mean signs in the flames and candle wax), you should move on, and concentrate your work on attracting the right person (someone you may not even know) into your life. Don't include negatives in your petition ever.
Personally if you switch gears to 'attracting the right person' I would not even do 'Cut and Clear' unless you have such strong emotional ties to this first person that it is holding you back. My reasoning is, that if you can concentrate your work on searching for your right partner, and this first person is not going to hold you back from your work, who knows? maybe at some point that first person may come back into your life, but right now is not the time for it.

joyfulgrl

Unread post by joyfulgrl » Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:53 am

That makes total sense. Thank You:)

katz1

Unread post by katz1 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:01 pm

hi

sorry for posting so soon again

just a quick question on honey jar

for the names - i have a foreign name that i was born with which can be translated and an english name that everybody knows me with and on my school certificates / id

do i write my English name or should i write all my names ie the foreign and english one?

also how oftern do you burn the candles..i know people say Mon/wed / fri..but what is the time scale - do you do this for a month or a few wks

thanks again

K

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:52 pm

in my personal opinion i would write my name that you born. i burn the candles mon/wed and fri. i do for as long as i need it.

lucky7clover

Unread post by lucky7clover » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:44 pm

I just did a honey jar spell tonight... I used both steady work and attraction powders in the petition paper. I also rolled the candle in the powder mixture as well after annointing it. The candle was making a hissing sound and wax is running all down the right side of the jar. I took a picture of this... I am also going to take some pictures of what it looks like afterwards and post them on here tomorrow... But also, at one point the candle wick, as it was burning was curling like a caterpillar. Any take on this?

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Hi - I just completed a honey jar on a guy who I would like to be "sweeter" on me (ie, more attentive).. I did the hair, the herbs, the name paper, etc and spoke what I wanted. Then I dressed a 4" red candle with LOVE ME and am burning it.

1. Should the candle burn all the way out or is there a time limit that I should snuff it out

2. When I work the honey jar again on Wednesday/Friday/Monday should I speak my desires again or meditate on it again

I don't want obsess over the spell, but I understand a honey jar is a work in progress.

Thanks!!

SP

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:22 pm

Well, the first thing to do is to contact your worker and get his or her take on the situation. Then, if you feel like you still need more information, I would suggest you get a reading from a reputable reader.

good luck,
Bri

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:01 pm

1) Let it burn out. That's the reason those candles are so small - each one is one 'dose', if you will. I guess you could snuff it and relight it if you wanted, but I've never done that.

2) I'll be interested to hear other people's answers to this, too. This is how I do it: I dress each candle individually for use each time, and while I dress it I pray extemporaneously to bless and charge the candle with my intention, etc ( for you this might be meditation, speaking of intention/desires as applicable.) The key thing though is that after I'm done and have set the light atop the jar I let it go - and I just don't think about it the rest of the time.

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Silverpony, thanks so much for the advice.. I will use an entire candle each Mon/Wed/Fri - I will follow the "3" rule.. 3 days/weeks/months for signs of action.

tonight's candle (the first) was a clear burn - no residue. Also, I'm going to alternate between red and pink... he has no problem showing "passion".. it's more of a tenderness, romantic type attention I want (so pink too).. I'm learning so much here.. that I can use nails on the candles to add the various oils, herbs, etc.

is it okay to add a longer petition paper under the jar also (with a more detailed idea of what I want versus the small paper inside with our hairs, and crossed names, and command) and

finally is it okay to keep the jar on a plate and add herbs, sachets, etc around it - sort of like an altar - to enhance the oils???

Thanks for any further advice...

emu81684

Unread post by emu81684 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:42 pm

I have a kind of question/ observation. I started a honey jar with some one that I have limited contact with, an e-mail here or there. I started the jar on Friday after writing him on Thursday. After burning my candle, I checked the e-mail and noticed it was read, not replied to, but read. One candle was all I had burned at that point.

Now, I haven't added anything too personal, only some hand writing and a photo. But, i had planned on seeing him whenever he comes into town in a few months to hopefully get some hair. That's another thing, he lives literally on the other side of the country where I used to live and thanks to you guys, I have a few good ideas how to get some hair. And the candles have burned clean aside from a small circle where it was placed.

So here I suppose is my question. Is this a good sign? I take it as one, better then most that it seemed to work so early since he's never read an e-mail before, but I don't want it to be wishful thinking. I know I'm being slightly paranoid, but that's how it goes when you really care about someone. lol. The candles (four by now) have burned clean aside from that little bit, the flames weren't violent but nice and steady, and there is a nice array of herbs and oils inside the jar. Would the hair magnify it more?

I know I'm pesky, lol, but I hope you guys can either reassure me or point me in the right direction. So, comments are more then welcome. Thank you.

Jason82

Unread post by Jason82 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Hi everyone,

I was just looking in Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic at the entry on honey jars. The entry says that a honey jar spell can be used to attract a new lover. I never heard of a honey jar being used this way. I always heard of it working on specific people. How would one go about making a honey jar to attract a new lover? Thank you everyone in advance.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:42 am

emu81684 wrote:I have a kind of question/ observation. I started a honey jar with some one that I have limited contact with, an e-mail here or there. I started the jar on Friday after writing him on Thursday. After burning my candle, I checked the e-mail and noticed it was read, not replied to, but read. One candle was all I had burned at that point.

Now, I haven't added anything too personal, only some hand writing and a photo. But, i had planned on seeing him whenever he comes into town in a few months to hopefully get some hair. That's another thing, he lives literally on the other side of the country where I used to live and thanks to you guys, I have a few good ideas how to get some hair. And the candles have burned clean aside from a small circle where it was placed.

So here I suppose is my question. Is this a good sign? I take it as one, better then most that it seemed to work so early since he's never read an e-mail before, but I don't want it to be wishful thinking. I know I'm being slightly paranoid, but that's how it goes when you really care about someone. lol. The candles (four by now) have burned clean aside from that little bit, the flames weren't violent but nice and steady, and there is a nice array of herbs and oils inside the jar. Would the hair magnify it more?

I know I'm pesky, lol, but I hope you guys can either reassure me or point me in the right direction. So, comments are more then welcome. Thank you.
When it comes to signs, it is a sign if you think it is a sign.

As far as cross-country goes, I know of people who work on people in other countries, it is up to you.

Mary

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:01 pm

Hi Jason82,
Jason82 wrote: I was just looking in Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic at the entry on honey jars. The entry says that a honey jar spell can be used to attract a new lover. I never heard of a honey jar being used this way. I always heard of it working on specific people. How would one go about making a honey jar to attract a new lover?
The major differences in attracting new unknown love versus attracting a known person are: 1) the content of the petition paper, and 2) absence of personal concerns (as the new love is unknown, there are no personal concerns of the desired one to use, and many workers advise against putting yourself into love work, at least until you have a solid relationship you want to tie down).

To make a petition to draw a new unknown love, you would construct the petition much as you would to draw a known love, but in the place of the known love's name, you would write instead "my unknown future lover / perfect partner / wife / husband / friend-with-benefits", according to the type of relationship you wish to manifest.

You may burn white candles, or a sequence of white, then pink, then red candles on the honey jar in support of your work.

Hope this helps!
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:05 pm

Jason82 wrote:Hi everyone,

I was just looking in Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic at the entry on honey jars. The entry says that a honey jar spell can be used to attract a new lover. I never heard of a honey jar being used this way. I always heard of it working on specific people. How would one go about making a honey jar to attract a new lover? Thank you everyone in advance.
I have an "all-purpose" honey jar that has my personal concerns in it. I burn this honey jar for love, money, etc. When I was looking for a boyfriend, I burnt gold candles on it and wrote a petition paper that I put under the honey jar and not in it.

Worked for me!

Mary

LMgroupie

Unread post by LMgroupie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:30 pm

Good Evening

I am new to hoodoo and was wondering how best to annoint oil to candle for the honey jar spell for increasing attraction

also do u need to inscribe anything on the candle

Thanks in advance

Best wishes

Lmgroupie

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:08 pm

Have you read the Lucky Mojo free web pages on candle magic and love spells? If not, do give them a look, because many questions are answered there:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html
http://luckymojo.com/lovespells.html

Inscribe the name of the person on the candle. Rub the oil in. You do not need to be able to see the lettering once you have inscribed it. A needle or a nail will work.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

LMgroupie

Unread post by LMgroupie » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi Cat

many thanks I will check that out

Cool site by the way

blessings

LmGroupie

shuchingwu

Unread post by shuchingwu » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:51 am

Hi, I have been burning candles on my honey jar since the end of May, but I took one week vacation in the end of June. During my vacation, instead of burning candles, which I was not able to, I prayed at night and visiualized a candle burning in my head. I got back on my candle burning routine when I came back. The signs of candle burning have been good since day one, even though I have not seen any movements on my wishes. Does anyone think I should use a new honey jar or just keep using the old one? Any answer from experienced spell casters will greatly appreciated.

Z

Mandy

Unread post by Mandy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:25 am

Lara wrote:When I use a pencil I break the end off so there is no eraser, removing the implication that you may 'change your mind'.
Lara

Oh, ho! So good to know! Thanks! ;)
Peace and blessings!
Mandy

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:36 pm

shuchingwu wrote:Hi, I have been burning candles on my honey jar since the end of May, but I took one week vacation in the end of June. During my vacation, instead of burning candles, which I was not able to, I prayed at night and visiualized a candle burning in my head. I got back on my candle burning routine when I came back. The signs of candle burning have been good since day one, even though I have not seen any movements on my wishes. Does anyone think I should use a new honey jar or just keep using the old one? Any answer from experienced spell casters will greatly appreciated.

Z

You don't give much info, so I don't know what you mean by "movements."

I would like to address something that I see time and time again with honey jars and love work in general, lack of work in the real world! I have been prone to this myself and let me tell you, it gets you NO WHERE. Burn the honey jar, but if you want to speak to him/her than do so; listen to your instincts.

Put yourself in their presence, call them (do not stalk) them and see how your work is progressing. Is he/she "sweet" towards you? Is he/she open to a relationship with you? There could be TONS of movement you do not see.

In my experience, women want men to chase them and call them. They will burn honey jars to Kingdom Come, but not pick-up a telephone to see what is going on. I have a client who is just now seeing success with the guy she wanted after a year, because she kept up with her communication with him. She messed up at the beginning when she met him, but she burned her honey jar, apologized and kept herself in his life. She is now seeing progress due to her persistence.

My work was doing wonders on my current boyfriend and I did not even know it, because I was waiting for an e-mail. I picked myself up and went to him and things went swimmingly. He was a bit scared of e-mailing me, because he was not sure about my feelings towards him. My gumption showed him my interest and he got his green light. We are very happy now.

Magic is an aid, but not the total answer.

Mary

LMgroupie

Unread post by LMgroupie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:31 pm

hey Mary

I love your post..i totally agree with you sometimes you do need to start the communication but i think a lot of us are scared to do that incase of being rejected and also books on getting a man always tells u not to call a man up hence why i think a lot of us don't and believe the spell will make the man chase and call us up

i guess contacting them to open the communication is good and every so often but not to stalk like you said and call or contact them every day

thanks for sharing with us, Mary your insight is always v useful and positive

with love

LMgroupie

LMgroupie

Unread post by LMgroupie » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:52 pm

hi

sorry to add more questions in relations to honey jar...

I have done my first honey jar which i was v nervous and did mess up petition paper several times as my pen kept running out :(

anyway i burnt my candle which was burning cleanly until 3/4 down when i went back to the room i found a small black object in the candle wax as it was burning.

after the candle went out i checked the holder and i can still see a bit of black residue which looks like the candle wick or a bit of ash? and there is a bit of wax residue on the holder (the holder was included in the honey jar kit)

my question is

the little black object that appeared is that a bad sign...i have no idea what it is it could even be a bug that flew into it? or the wick just have no idea but it looks quite solid and at it looks like one of little bits that are floating in the love me oil but i never put bits on the candle just the oil

also can i remove the burnt out wick (not too sure what it is)that has been left in the candle holder b4 the next candle is burnt or should i leave it in the candle holder

i can't see any clear signs in the wax residue but a bit has kind of gone on the base of the holder...the holder is the one sold with the honey jar kit used inthe pic of the honey jar kit so the wax has formed a bit of puddle on the star bits of candle holder

oh and my petition when i pushed into honey jar it floated up when i closed jar lid..is this ok?

thanks and sorry for all the questions..just want to make sure all is good and not to read too much into things

i also want to add I really hope everybody get what they wish for and have good results

remember positive thinking or i like to call it PMA -POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE :P

LOVE
Lmgroupie

Reynolds

Unread post by Reynolds » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Hi,
I don't think I can properly answer all of your questions, but re the little bit of black left in the candle holder and the wax puddle, I'm guessing you got a star candle holder with the kit?
If so the wax puddle is nothing to worry about, as the wx ussually leaks through the hole that connects the 2 pieces.

As for the black bit, I';m pretty sure that's just the ash of the wick. Very rarely is that not left over when I burn a candle

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi LMgroupie,
LMgroupie wrote: my question is

the little black object that appeared is that a bad sign...

also can i remove the burnt out wick (not too sure what it is)that has been left in the candle holder b4 the next candle is burnt or should i leave it in the candle holder

oh and my petition when i pushed into honey jar it floated up when i closed jar lid..is this ok?
Many candle wicks will form black bits of ash on them as they burn. Unless the wick does this to an unusual degree (causing the flame to get too high, for example), this is part of a normal burn, although one may certainly look for signs in the shapes that are formed over the course of the burn.

Remaining bits of wick are common after burns of offeratory candles--I usually just leave them as they are.

Re: your petition floating, this is normal--honey is more dense than paper, so most of the time, the paper will tend to float to the top of the honey, even if the honey is initially poured over the paper.

Hope this helps!
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

LMgroupie

Unread post by LMgroupie » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:38 am

hi Reynolds and Elknapp

many thanks for your insight on this. I feel much better that this is normal. Am still learning lots

Have a great weekend

love
Lmgroupie

x

shuchingwu

Unread post by shuchingwu » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Thank you so much for your insight. I will keep your advice in mind.

Z

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:12 pm

It's not that the ink is being erased, it's just being absorbed. You're not losing your intent and desire. Think of that honey as a river of your intent, flowing right toward what you're aiming at. If some ink comes off some paper, it's no big deal because it's all heading the same way and it's all going to end up at the same place.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:38 pm

HI lucky7clover,

You probably need to speak with a worker who does candle divination to get a proper read on this.

good luck,
Bri

rickets

Unread post by rickets » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:17 pm

It was making a hissing sound because of the powder and oil burning with the flame. Its interesting how you said a caterpillar, but means nothing. In shamanism and dreams, a caterpillar is a sign of massive personal growth, it's showing you where you are on the path but you have not yet reached the full goal your wanting to reach, if this means anything, it could signify that the job is not for you or you will ADAPT yourself to the credentials of the job which will in the end make you a better person.

How bright was the flame? Was it long or short? Narrow? Did it sputter? Swinging left or right?

Hope this has helped atleast a bit.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:46 pm

LeBaptiste wrote:It's not that the ink is being erased, it's just being absorbed. You're not losing your intent and desire. Think of that honey as a river of your intent, flowing right toward what you're aiming at. If some ink comes off some paper, it's no big deal because it's all heading the same way and it's all going to end up at the same place.

That's why pencil (without an eraser) should be used. It does not come off. I use a red pencil, minus the eraser for honey jars of this nature.

Mary

Lulu2

Unread post by Lulu2 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:32 pm

HELLO everyone :D . I am new to this forum,
i have been planning to purchase a reconciliation HONEY JAR MINI HOODOO SPELL KIT
for an ex boyfriend now,
for the first time.
not sure if i need to buy anything else along with the kit or does the kit bring everything i need?
also do i need to light a candle every mon,wed and friday until we get back together or only for a period amount of time?
and at anytime during those days?
i am sorry im asking sooo many question but i wanna make sure that i will get right.
Theres no way i can get a piece of his hair so can i still add my hair?or it would not work if i dont add his?
is it ok if i add:
2 recent pics of him?
2 recent pics of me?
his old business car?
i found a pair of sneakers which belonged to him and he never took them back after we broke up, is there anyway i can add a piece of shoe lace from the sneaker?
can i also add a piece of ballon that he gave me for vday or it wouldnt work?
again im sorry for all the question but i will really appreciate if u guys can help me out. thank you =D

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:57 am

There are a lot of ways to do things that make what we do personal to us. The only thing somebody "should" do is what they feel best translates their desires.

I don't believe that anyone is going to be penalized for using ink, even if it comes off in the honey...especially if it's their first time.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:28 pm

LeBaptiste wrote:There are a lot of ways to do things that make what we do personal to us. The only thing somebody "should" do is what they feel best translates their desires.

I don't believe that anyone is going to be penalized for using ink, even if it comes off in the honey...especially if it's their first time.
No one is being "penalized"for using ink, but one of the ways to write petitions (as discussed in the LM archives and cat's book) is to use a pencil without an eraser. The intent being the intention cannot be "erased" off. It also gives the added bonus of not rub off.

I was explaining one of the ways to prevent this and throw in some of the history of writing petitions.

Mary

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:00 pm

I understand that. Just a little friendly back and forth.

Lulu2

Unread post by Lulu2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:26 pm

help me anyone? =/ i just order my kit but i would like to know...
thanks in advanced

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Lulu,
Lulu wrote: i have been planning to purchase a reconciliation HONEY JAR MINI HOODOO SPELL KIT
for an ex boyfriend now,
for the first time.
not sure if i need to buy anything else along with the kit or does the kit bring everything i need?
also do i need to light a candle every mon,wed and friday until we get back together or only for a period amount of time?
and at anytime during those days?

Theres no way i can get a piece of his hair so can i still add my hair?or it would not work if i dont add his?
is it ok if i add:
2 recent pics of him?
2 recent pics of me?
his old business car?
i found a pair of sneakers which belonged to him and he never took them back after we broke up, is there anyway i can add a piece of shoe lace from the sneaker?
can i also add a piece of ballon that he gave me for vday or it wouldnt work?
The honey jar kit will come with most of what you need. You will need additional 4" offeratory candles beyond what is provided with the kit, you will need to make a petition / name paper to put in the jar (the instructions with the kit should guide you through this process), and you will need personal concerns from your ex--a photo is good (one is enough; if you have a photo of the two of you together, happy, that's even better--if not, tape a picture of yourself together with a picture of him to make a single picture of the two of you together and use that). I personally would not bother with the business card, especially since you have a pair of his sneakers, which are far more desirable as a personal concern. Skip the shoe-laces--instead, take a *small* piece of the inside of the sneaker (better if its a piece that touched the sole of his foot) and put that in the honey jar. You can add a piece of the v-day balloon if you wish, as it is something he gave you as a token of love. I would not recommend putting your own hair into this jar, as you do not have anything comparable of his, and you would then be putting far more of yourself into the work (the goal is drawing him back, not developing an unrequited obsession on your part over him). Your name as part of the name / petition paper and your likeness in a photo of the two of you together in combination with your spiritual work should suffice. You should expect to work with the jar regularly (daily for at least the first week; possibly less often after that) until your desired outcome is achieved. That said, please set a time-limit for yourself for how long you are willing to work this spell, and do ask for clear, understandable signs regarding the progress of the work at 3 days, 3 weeks, 3 months.

Good luck!
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

shuchingwu

Unread post by shuchingwu » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:09 am

Hi, everyone,

I am already having one honey jar for my target and thinking to get another jar for added intentions on the same target. So...can anyone let me know how I should place my candle on the top of honey jar? Do I just put one candle on either one of the jar and burn it for the intentions on both jars? Or I should do something differently?! Thank you for reading.

Z.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:59 pm

shuchingwu wrote:Hi, everyone,

I am already having one honey jar for my target and thinking to get another jar for added intentions on the same target. So...can anyone let me know how I should place my candle on the top of honey jar? Do I just put one candle on either one of the jar and burn it for the intentions on both jars? Or I should do something differently?! Thank you for reading.

Z.
I would burn a candle on each jar.

Mary

shuchingwu

Unread post by shuchingwu » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:27 am

Thank you, Mary.

k_phoenix

Unread post by k_phoenix » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:02 pm

I'm sure this is quite a silly question, but I figured it was best to ask it anyway before I make a mess. I intend on doing a honey jar spell, and I found a jar I really like, but it's corked, not metal-capped. Can I use this? If I do use it, should I keep the jar refrigerated (not sure if that would "put the spell on ice", so to speak)? Would I be able to somehow seal the jar's cork with wax instead? I really have no excuse not to use a mason jar other than I feel drawn to using the corked one.

Thanks in advance!

--K

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sat Jul 25, 2009 6:49 am

k_phoenix wrote:I'm sure this is quite a silly question, but I figured it was best to ask it anyway before I make a mess. I intend on doing a honey jar spell, and I found a jar I really like, but it's corked, not metal-capped. Can I use this? If I do use it, should I keep the jar refrigerated (not sure if that would "put the spell on ice", so to speak)? Would I be able to somehow seal the jar's cork with wax instead? I really have no excuse not to use a mason jar other than I feel drawn to using the corked one.

Thanks in advance!

--K
I would not use it, because you will be burning candles on it. The cork could go up in smoke. Baby food jars with metal lids are actually the best for honey jars. They are small and compact.

Mary

k_phoenix

Unread post by k_phoenix » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:33 am

Ah, I actually hadn't even thought of that. Thank you!

spellyshelly

Unread post by spellyshelly » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:19 pm

what is the best type of candle that will burn safely on the honey jar? Is it a pillar candle?

honey

Unread post by honey » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:27 pm

I have read a lot about fast/slow burning candles in the forum. I understand a slow burn, but what would be considered a fast burn... when a candle burns in half the time or faster?

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”