Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo spell kits, painted bottle spells, vinegar bottles, and honey jar spells.
Amelia82H
Re: General Honey / Sugar / Sweet Jar Questions and Answers

Unread post by Amelia82H » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:25 am

I would love to use this spell on my ex but what i would like to know is, if I can use a red candle for sexual love and a pick on for romantic love on top of he jar at the same time?

Animor

Unread post by Animor » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:54 pm

I started today a new honey jar, aiming to reconcile with my ex.
I just want to ensure that I did everything right.

I placed in the honey the petition paper and inside the paper a hair of my ex and a hair of mine, his photo and a handwritten note by him saying that he loves me. I included two rose petals and some damiana herb, and a few drops of LM Come to Me oil. Of course I said everything properly. Are the things I put in OK?

Should I burn candles only during a waxing moon and stop during waning?
I have an old jar that I don't want to use it any more. Can I throw it in the sea? Just the content or the jar, too? I prefer recycling the glass.

One more general question. I've been told that we must not cast spells during Easter. Is that correct? If so I have to stop lightening candles?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:43 pm

I would dispose of an old honey jar at the crossroads.

The idea of not doing spellwork during Easter is not a common one for conjure or rootwork. There are some South American traditions, especially Afro-Brazilian like Candomble, that don't do spellwork during Easter or Holy Week. That said, in African American conjure our work is intimately tied to the spiritual traditions of Christianity. So rather than not do work we do the opposite. I remember traditions about Easter and all revolve around sacrifice and thanksgiving.

Light a candle for family, for thanksgiving, and enjoy a good Easter meal.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Sashee78

Unread post by Sashee78 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:01 pm

Hi everyone
I have a question I received my LM reconciliation products and starting a honey jar.
My question is when adding rose petals do they have to be dry? Or fresh? Also I don't have any personal concerns other than a photo of my ex is that's okay? Should I lay the picture on top of my petition and add a stran of my hair? Then adding all my hebs n powder n folding it towards me?

I know it's a lot of questions just want to make sure I don't blow it sorry. Thanks

izabella

Unread post by izabella » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 am

I welcome:
please about answer on my earlier PC.... I am greeting

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 am

Izabella,
I read your previous post and it sounds like you are saying that now you and your target are getting along and so you want to know if adding controlling herbs and roots to your honey jar is a good idea or will potentially undo the good work you have going. It really depends on why you started having issues in the first place. If you fought because he was stepping out on you with another woman then yes, I would add roots and herbs to keep him with me. If you fought because he thinks you are bossy and controlling then stay away from adding controlling roots and herbs like calamus and master root.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

izabella

Unread post by izabella » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:33 am

Panna Bri:)
he thanks too help, of baulk is us this way around he feels something towards me but there is a woman which is keeping it of baulk other using the emotional blackmail: (we approached ourselves for the moment but he until the end isn't convinced, I would like to pull him to myself, the meeting was ours the precisely week ago and it was almost ok, now a bit went bad..... so I think from the herb of the control it is a good idea:)however I still have one small question I intend to do the honey jar 13 April on Friday because the height is just, however I don't have his hair or semen however I have his photograph which alone he gave to me, of him visiting card which from it I also got and I have a small gift artificial cherub of love which I also got from it... I have theses piece of paper with his personal signature.. whether that's all could I give into the jar? whether as part of the reconciliation I can also to throw one's np into the jar monthly blood?? and in the end I finally wanted to ask whether if I will do the honey jar on 13 April whether right after the full moon by the falling moon I could do the jar with vinegar for dividing my ex with that woman....Panna Bri please about answer I am greeting

onyxorchid

Unread post by onyxorchid » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:14 pm

Can personal effects other than hair be used in a love work honey jar? I finally have a few personal effects from my target and I'm trying to find the best possible use for them!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 pm

onyxorchild: Yes they can be successfully substituted for the hair in a honey jar.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Frey

Unread post by Frey » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:51 am

Hello, this might sound daft, but a few months ago I decided to do a honeyjar on myself, inspired by this blog post: http://hoodoocrossroads.wordpress.com/2 ... -yourself/

Unfortunately, life got in the way and I haven't been able to keep up lighting candles on this jar on a long-term basis. I didn't notice any real effects while I was burning candles on it, and I don't really consider it a success. I don't have much luck with honeyjars.

My concern is, by disposing of this honeyjar incorrectly, could I end up unintentionally jinxing or crossing myself?

And for that matter, is there a risk of jinxing or harming other people who are the targets of honeyjars by disposing of their honeyjars inappropriately?

Sorry if this sounds dumb, it's just been bugging me.

onyxorchid

Unread post by onyxorchid » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:37 am

Is it better to start a honey jar on a Monday of a waxing moon, or a Friday with a full moon?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:01 pm

onyxorchid: Well both would work. What feels "more correct" to you? The Full Moon has it's own magical importance/abundance and many people work on the night of the full moon. The Monday that has that last bit of a waxing period before Friday's Full Moon has the power of increasing and bringing things towards you. I, personally, would start it on Monday, and burn a candle on it Mon, Wed, and then the Friday of the Full Moon for that third powerful candle to really get things going. The day after the Full Moon starts the waning process, so I would value those 5 days of Waxing Moon.
Joseph Magnuson

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:09 pm

HI,
I was told by one of the workers that I can burn tealights on top of my hj. Has any1 done this?
Thx

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:43 pm

Yes, you can burn the little tea lights on a honey jar. I prefer to use small, 4 inch, color appropriate, Lucky Mojo condition oil rubbed, altar candles. I like to have the candle securely stuck to the actual jar and I find it a real bonus to be able to divine things from the wax that is left behind on the jar. Tea lights are really good for if you have to take the honey jar with you while traveling, but I prefer the small 4" altar candles for everyday use, myself.
Joseph Magnuson

hapinys

Unread post by hapinys » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:26 pm

Ok thx joseph... :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:32 pm

You are quite welcome, hapinys! Good luck to you.
Joseph Magnuson

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:47 pm

I agree with Joseph. In addition, some people like to use tea lights because they heat up faster thus heating up the honey jar faster.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:37 pm

Yes, I tend to use dressed tealights most days, and then burn the 4" candles when I want to check in on the signs of the burn.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

dasha

Unread post by dasha » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:44 pm

Hey all, I have a quick question about a honey jar. I'm sorry if its been asked before but I couldn't read through almost a hundred pages of posts..
i have my honey jar for a while now, and there's almost 1/2 an inch of wax on the lid. i decided to work it more often to add more 'heat' to the situation. so i stuck a candle on top of the wax and lit it, and as it burned out the wick caught fire to another wick in the pile of wax and created a bonfire with all the other wicks. pretty soon all the wax was gone from the lid of the jar. i mean it was completely clean of wax. i thought it was amazing to see, but just wondering if anyone has any insight on wether this is a good omen! thanks guys!

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:35 am

Devi Spring wrote:Yes, I tend to use dressed tealights most days, and then burn the 4" candles when I want to check in on the signs of the burn.
Hi,
I didnt know we were supposed to check the burn/resulting wax on a honey jar? I was under the impression the candles were just for burning and the wax was to keep on building up?

I should be reading them? Please help.

Thank you,
JackieLove

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:15 am

dasha wrote: I'm sorry if its been asked before but I couldn't read through almost a hundred pages of posts..

Well, the answer to your question has been discussed many,many times in this thread, as well as the candle divination thread located here: candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-gla ... tml#p96321 You can read through these and find the answers you are looking for, or you can simply type "honey jar wicks" or something similar into the Search bar at the top right of the page.
Joseph Magnuson

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

I would like to do some work to reconcile my and my estranged husband to have a civil, non-confrontational, working relationship as we have two children together and will be in each others lives for a long time. At the moment he is being manipulative, controlling and even vindictive with financial support and with custody.

Starsinthesky suggested to do a sweetening spell on him. I was thinking along the lines of a honey jar. Is there something else that might work betters? Please advise and specifically what herbs you would use if indeed I should do a honey jar.

Thank you in advance
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Frey

Unread post by Frey » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Sorry for repeating myself, but I would still be interested to know what to do about my possibly ill-advised honeyjar. Could I still get away with disposing with it in the same manner that I would for a jar placed on someone else? I was thinking about simply dismantling it completely and disposing of it another way, but I would like to know what others here would do.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:50 pm

I'd do a jar on him that contained powdered sugar, some Balm of Gilead buds to soothe, Lavender to soothe the relationship between you, a bit of Blood Root so that he'll remember the blood ties he has with your kids and support them, and a picture of him and your kids together. You could also add two separate pictures of you and him. If you have a hair or some other personal concern of his, even better; throw that in there ;) Pray your intention into the jar and shut the lid. Shake it hard three times while stating your petition again. Light a candle on top; blue is a good color, and you can dress it with Peaceful Home oil. Do the shaking and lighting a light on top daily until you see results, then continue doing that once per week.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:25 pm

If you are having issues with child support, look at LM honey jar instructions to include financial support found here http://www.luckymojo.com/honeyjar.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:34 pm

Thank you MaryBee that sounds like a really good Sweetening Jar, can I use honey along with powdered sugar to make him very sweet ?

You mentioned Balm of Gilean buds, lavender, blood root and pictures. I also have his lots of strands of his hair, should I just add his or do I put all of ours? - I ask bc I just read the honey jar that Jwmcclin posted and in that one it says to include everyones hair. I was also thinking about adding Deers Tongue to sweeten his words or angelica also to soothe? Do either of these sound useful for this jar or should I stick with the ones you mentioned?

Thanks so much Jwmcclin for sending me that link! I have never seen the one for child support even though I thought I read everything there was on LM about honey jars! At the moment he is paying court ordered child support, its not nearly enough but he is paying it so far. Would this jar still be helpful for my situation?
And how would the petition be written if there are two children?
This is what is said on that link:
Put the personal items in a name paper with the mama and the daddy names written 9 times each, side by side in two columns (because they are no longer a couple) and the baby name crossed over both, holding them all together. Then, around and around the names write: "We are family, forever and in all ways, and let no one put this family asunder."
Would I write both my name and the dad's name side by side 9x's and then rotate clockwise and then write BOTH the childrens names over ours? Once or 9x's?

Thank you so much to the both of you! You have been very helpful.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Yes that is how you would write the name paper. ANd yes it would be fine to include those herbs, and I would include BOTH your hairs, and your kids.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:37 am

You should put in hair from you, the man, and your kids too. I wouldn't add honey to a powdered sugar jar because it will be harder to shake up. What I like about powdered sugar is that you can shake the jar and get some action going on the spell :) But you can absolutely make the jar with only honey, or Karo syrup, or corn syrup or stuff like that. That is all traditional Hoodoo :)

Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:30 am

You can also dispose of the contents in a ritual way. For example, if you are doing reconciliation or love work then empty it near the porch at your door. Then recycle the jar.

RebeccaR

Unread post by RebeccaR » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:57 am

Hi, I went on the radio show about a month ago to explain that I had 3 AIRR readers who saw me reaching success in my reconciliation case. My case did not look favorable so I was ready to cut & clear and walk away but my 3rd reader received a vehement no against that action. I explained my situation on air and received 3 more positive outcomes and with the obi again, this time thrown by Dr E, again advising against a cut & clear.

It's been a month and there has been no change in my case. I decided to start walking away and buried my honey jar. I went back to the spot where I buried it a few days later and found that the jar was sitting above the ground. The ground around it did not even look disturbed. It was just sitting there as if waiting for me to find it.

Do you believe this is just an act of nature or am I to read into this as something more? thank you

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:27 am

We cannot answer this question for you. And signs are personable so if you believe so, then that is probably the case. You were advised to not walk away from the reconciliaton case. Im sure its plausible and you have to be patient. And A MONTH is NOT enough time for reconciliation work.

You know...we hear a lot of stories on here where we have to tell people to do cut and clears when they dont want to, but its very different to tell someone they should NOT cut and clear.

If you want to walk away from being with this person then fine, but if you dont and are just impatient...well that is something else.

Lastly, you will need a reading to answer your question clearly.
www.readersanrootworkers.com

RebeccaR

Unread post by RebeccaR » Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:44 am

Thanks for the reply Stars.

I've been working this case for over a year so it's not a matter of impatience. I reached the point a month ago where I was ready to walk away. I went in for what I thought would be a final reading giving me the "blessing" to do so. I was surprised to find news stating otherwise. I confirmed it with other readers and was so shocked that I went on the radio show. It's been a month since receiving that particular news. I was hoping that if Spirit was guiding me to stay on this that then Spirit would also do something to help me see that I should stick to it by means of some movement but there hasn't been any.

Regarding the jar, I wasn't asking so much if it was a sign. I was asking more along the lines if this is common occurrence. Tricks are very often deployed in the ground so I was wondering if later finding the trick dug up is of particular significance. Is there any significance to finding your trick "returned to you," so to speak. Does it mean you shouldn't have disposed of it? You're disposing of it in the wrong way? It wasn't ready to be disposed? it's being rejected for some reason? or simply, a squirrel just dug it up!

thanks

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:14 am

I agree with starsinthesky7, a reading would answer your questions. However it does occur and it could or could not be significant, here is an example below...

ritual-remains-of-a-money-spell-dug-up- ... 13390.html
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 am

Honestly, those are questions I would get answered in a reading. The answer is not going to be the same for everyone as perhaps the trick came back due to poor execution from the rootworker, or it was poorly buried, perhaps it was due to the weather elements,etc, etc.

A reading will help bring some clarity to why it came back to you. Not to mention I probably wouldnt bury a whole honey jar. Its more easier to bury the contents inside, and recycle the jar.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:29 pm

Sometimes the greatest successes comes from doing the work then handing it over to Spirit. If readings advised against Cut and Clear then set your prayers, call with a faithful heart, and then hand it over to Spirit and see if it comes to you. Sometimes the answer is yes, sometimes no, and sometimes "not now."
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Bea

Unread post by Bea » Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:44 pm

Hello All,

I'm well aware that a honey jar is typically used on a lover or on a person to "sweeten" them to you. My question is: Can I use it to sweeten up my co-workers to me? All 6 of them, including my boss?

Background: I work hard and I'm a genuine person but I work with people who don't seem to appreciate me, or my personality is not their cup of tea. I never felt really "welcome" by everybody there and it took me a while to finally realize that I am just not being "seen" for my potential and the work I put in. I will say that I work with people who for their own reasons are very uptight and cold towards me. I realize that it may be time to move on and I'm working on it, but until it happens, I'm walking on egg-shells. I'm not going to be fired, because I do a good job, but going to work is agony because I work with distant and cold people. I try to be friendly, warm and just be me, but I'm not getting anywhere, I feel left out a lot or at times singled out... It's just a weird girls club sometimes.

So my questions for you all are the following,

Can I do a honey jar to sweeten them ALL?

If Not, what alternatives do I have?

If yes,
What herbs should I use?
What anointing oil should I use to dress the candle?

Thank you so much for your time, I realize this is highly unusual for a honey jar so I appreciate any feedback.

-Bea

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Actually this is not unusual for a honey jar. A honey jar can be used for this situaiton

We have addressed this topic here
honey-jar-to-sweeten-a-boss-t16540.html

In the second post Cat recommends to use the boss fix honey jar which you can use for co workers as well. It will come with everything you need.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:43 pm

Bea --

As starsinthesky7 explained, your idea of a honey jar is altogether too limited.

Basically, you are just flat WRONG. It is not "highly unusual" to make a sugar or honey jars to sweeten co-workers, judges and juries, bosses, teachers, loan officers, landlords, renters, and pretty much anyone, either singly or in groups.

Also, you seem to think that

1) you must use honey.
2) you must light a candle
3) you must add herbs.

Wrong again -- all of those ideas are simply options.

You can make a sweet jar in a sugar bowl (no honey) with two popsicle sticks (no candle).

You can make a honey spell in an apple (no jar) and plant a tree on it (no candle).

You can make a sugar spell in a sugar packet (no honey and no jar) and sneak it into someone's tea (no candle).

No need to re-invent the wheel. Read up on the subject a bit, there's a world of information available, and then choose your course of action.

This thread is being merged into the long, long sweet jar spell thread.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:36 am

Hi,
I am wondering if someone can link me to the picture that I saw of cats honey jar? or atleast the picture that she posted. I remember it had alot of wax on it, wax of all different colors.
If anyone can find it or knows where it is, Id really appreciate it.

Thanks
JackieLove

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:53 am

JackieLove: It is on page 90 of this thread, only 4 pages back. I will provide you the link, but from now on it would help us out if you would take a quick check of the thread, first. Thank you very much.

honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions-and-ans ... s2670.html
Joseph Magnuson

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Joseph and thank you,
Believe me, I have read this thread over and over and over, I have probably read this thread atleast 4 times :(.....I guess I didnt see it.
Thank you again.
JackieLOve

pma

Unread post by pma » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:47 am

I found it here on page 89, actually. honey-sugar-sweet-jar-questions-and-ans ... s2640.html

I rarely get tears on my jars unless I use the star candle holders. It looks like the wax on the jar in the photo has all but gobbled up that star candle holder. I usually don't let the candles burn down inside those star holders because the wicks will stand up and burn dry for over an hour sometimes if I do. I usually say a prayer and take the candle out of the holder once it's burned down about half way and let it burn right on top of the jar.

Does anyone think that could affect the work? I figure it's similar to tending the wick of a novena candle, but I could be wrong!
Thank you, St. Francis, for your protection.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Pma: Thank you. I have it showing as being on page 90, but that may be because I see some older soft-deleted double-posts and the like. The picture is right here: http://readersandrootworkers.org/w/imag ... -spell.jpg

Jackielove: I am sorry you did not find the picture on page 90 as I stated. For regular forum users, I suppose it appears on page 89. I wasn't that far off, right!? http://readersandrootworkers.org/w/imag ... -spell.jpg

99% of the time I will work all of my honeyjars by placing the candles directly onto the metal jar lids. Often the wax from many candles will accumulate and only after a candle really burns big and melts all remaining wax do I get tears down the sides. Since I burn at least 3 candles a week on all of the honey jars and they are very much ongoing, I tend to get a LOT of wax and tears down the sides. This will come with time.
Joseph Magnuson

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:08 pm

Joseph Magnuson wrote:Pma: Thank you. I have it showing as being on page 90, but that may be because I see some older soft-deleted double-posts and the like. The picture is right here: http://readersandrootworkers.org/w/imag ... -spell.jpg

Jackielove: I am sorry you did not find the picture on page 90 as I stated. For regular forum users, I suppose it appears on page 89. I wasn't that far off, right!? http://readersandrootworkers.org/w/imag ... -spell.jpg

99% of the time I will work all of my honeyjars by placing the candles directly onto the metal jar lids. Often the wax from many candles will accumulate and only after a candle really burns big and melts all remaining wax do I get tears down the sides. Since I burn at least 3 candles a week on all of the honey jars and they are very much ongoing, I tend to get a LOT of wax and tears down the sides. This will come with time.
Thank you Joseph.

But are they really tears? or is it considered "drippings" Eventually its got to fill with drips. Like the one in the picture...

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Jackielove: I'm sorry I should have clarified! I interchangeably use the words tears/rivulets/drips/drippings to mean the same thing. Tears would be specifically mentioned if the person doing the divination saw them as, literally, "tears."

pma: To answer your earlier question, I don't think what you are doing is hurting your honey jar. I personally just burn the candles directly on top of the metal honeyjar lids, but what you are doing sounds perfectly alright. Not so much if you were letting them burn down halfway and then putting them out, etc.
Joseph Magnuson

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:06 pm

Joseph Magnuson wrote:Jackielove: I'm sorry I should have clarified! I interchangeably use the words tears/rivulets/drips/drippings to mean the same thing. Tears would be specifically mentioned if the person doing the divination saw them as, literally, "tears."

pma: To answer your earlier question, I don't think what you are doing is hurting your honey jar. I personally just burn the candles directly on top of the metal honeyjar lids, but what you are doing sounds perfectly alright. Not so much if you were letting them burn down halfway and then putting them out, etc.

Thank you again Joseph! I appreciate you answering my questions!

pma

Unread post by pma » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Joseph Magnuson wrote:pma: To answer your earlier question, I don't think what you are doing is hurting your honey jar. I personally just burn the candles directly on top of the metal honeyjar lids, but what you are doing sounds perfectly alright. Not so much if you were letting them burn down halfway and then putting them out, etc.
Thanks for your response, Joseph. I'm glad to hear it!

I rarely put out a 4" altar candle after I light it. Sometimes, I have to because of necessity but I don't make a habit of it. But if it's absolutley necessary, I pinch it out with a prayer and relight it with a prayer later in the same day/night.

Jeannie M.

Unread post by Jeannie M. » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:47 am

I have been working this one for a few years, so it's not a shock that after many burn-downs it's leaking honey. I can't tell if it's broken in the top, but there are drip lines of honey going down the jar and a pool at the bottom. I will start a new one, but how do I dispose of the old one?

Jeannie M.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:32 am

If it was working I would bury it in the back yard. If it did not work I would go to the crossroads, remove all content except the glass, go home, put the glass in a recycle container and make another one.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

Jeannie M.

Unread post by Jeannie M. » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

Thank you, Dr Johannes, it's definitely working. Would you have any suggestions for a city girl? Concrete outside of both doors to my building, and there's no way to put it under my floorboards, either.

Jeannie M.

pma

Unread post by pma » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:05 pm

Jeannie M. wrote:Thank you, Dr Johannes, it's definitely working. Would you have any suggestions for a city girl? Concrete outside of both doors to my building, and there's no way to put it under my floorboards, either.

Jeannie M.
Bury it in a potted plant, whether a house plant or one on the balcony, and nuture the plant to keep it alive and thriving.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:25 pm

My fingers are not that green and I tended to get a little worried when a plant eventually died in the past so I would go to a store and buy a small sack of concrete or cement (and a terracotta pot or a bucket). Then I would mix it, pour in the remains in the middle and let it all dry. Maybe add some cowry shells to the outsides for good looks depending on the nature of the spell. I would let it dry and then paint it and make it a nice little sculptural addition to the bedroom or the altar. Thats the urban version. I used to live in a city and concrete/cement sort of blended nicely with that environment.
Good luck.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

pma

Unread post by pma » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Dr Johannes wrote:My fingers are not that green and I tended to get a little worried when a plant eventually died in the past so I would go to a store and buy a small sack of concrete or cement (and a terracotta pot or a bucket). Then I would mix it, pour in the remains in the middle and let it all dry. Maybe add some cowry shells to the outsides for good looks depending on the nature of the spell. I would let it dry and then paint it and make it a nice little sculptural addition to the bedroom or the altar. Thats the urban version. I used to live in a city and concrete/cement sort of blended nicely with that environment.
Good luck.
I love that idea!! I especially love it because I don't know how to "work" a plant (they always die or "break"). I know how to work a dog really, really well, but not a plant. I've not had to bury my honey jar yet, so I am happy to have an alternative to the plant while I live in the city.

Jeannie M.

Unread post by Jeannie M. » Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:09 am

Thank you so much, Dr Johannes. That sounds like a beautiful idea. It appears the honey jar is not broken, the last burndown was longer than any I'd seen before and the honey either boiled or otherwise expanded so much a bit leaked out between the glass jar and it's metal lid. Otherwise it is intact. It feels good to be working with it and I will continue to do so unless you think it's a bad idea.

Jeannie M.

mimythecat
Newly Registered

Unread post by mimythecat » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:33 am

Hi ya,

can I do a honey jar even if I only have things which have been touched by the target once? I do not have contact to the target but I am desperately in love...what can I do to get him back? xes
mimy

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:27 pm

Jeannie M. wrote:Thank you so much, Dr Johannes. That sounds like a beautiful idea. It appears the honey jar is not broken, the last burndown was longer than any I'd seen before and the honey either boiled or otherwise expanded so much a bit leaked out between the glass jar and it's metal lid. Otherwise it is intact. It feels good to be working with it and I will continue to do so unless you think it's a bad idea.
Jeannie M.
Honey boiling over sounds like a nice sign.
If it is intact and working then it would be a bad idea to change it.

ChokatLily

Unread post by ChokatLily » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:25 pm

i have a question. I have done a reocncilliation honey jar before, and the results lasted for a long time. Now, is it possible to make a new honey jar with both of us in it in order to sweeten ourselves to each other, rather than just one party to the other?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:58 pm

Yes, ChokatLily, that is definitely possible. I have a great Honey Jar going right now that is to sweeten a relationship, to sweeten to people together. That is a great idea and will work very well for you! Good thinking.
Joseph Magnuson

bzbee12

Unread post by bzbee12 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:10 pm

This might not be a big deal but just making sure-
The lid of the honey jar doesn't tighten up, no matter how much I twist it tight, it's pretty much free and kids just sitting there. My guess is that it's prolly due to the heat of the candles but should I start a new honey jar since this one is not tightly shut but basically is just sitting on the jar? Does it even matter?
Making sure since I don't know.
Thanks everyone!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:52 am

You know this happened to one of my honey jars once too. I simply got some good tape and taped around so that it would not leak out.

If not then simply make another jar. And yes it matters because you want to keep the energy inside of the jar.

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Spell Kits, Bottle Spells, Vinegar Bottles, and Honey Jars in Hoodoo”