Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

General Questions About Lucky Mojo Baths, Washes, and Waters

How to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.
catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: General Questions About Lucky Mojo Baths, Washes, and Waters

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:49 pm

I have merged the new thread into the already extant one.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

LEARNING719

Unread post by LEARNING719 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Is there another link for step by step full instructions on cleansing? I have read this one.
http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

Im still not clear on some things.

1. steep the herbs in boiling water, strain, let liquid cool.

2. I think I bath first with salt ??? Does this just go down the drain or stay in tub to collect ???

3. then pour herbs over the body while standing in a wash tub while praying. collect water & properly dispose of it.?

4. Air dry!

Thanks in advance to those who help ;)
The journey of learning is never ending !

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 pm

Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

LEARNING719

Unread post by LEARNING719 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Feeling really stupid but i hve read all the post & info i could find at least 3 times & im sill no clearer :?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:40 am

Hi LEARNING719,

1 - if it's an herb bath, then yes. no need to let the liquid cool past the temperature you can stand it at, hot is fine if it's comfortable to your skin

2 - if salt is one of the ingredients in your spiritual bath, then you add it to the tea. if you're talking about a seperate cleaning bath with just salt first - no, not a usual way of doing things. Just make sure that you're physically clean already (you had your regular shower with soap and water the night before if u're doing a pre-dawn bath for example).

3 - collect a ''representative sample'' of the water (a bowl or canning jar full) while bathing. you'll dispose of this AFTER you air dry. disposal for baths is usually at a cross-roads toward the east (rising sun) although there are variations on that. more info on ''properly disposing'' of ritual remains are in the following HITAP page: http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

and as you read in the thread on cleansing Q & As:
- no there is not a substitute for doing the bathing before dawn (kick that but out of bed!)
- no there is not a substitute for throwing the water at a cross-roads (if I can walk to the cross-roads with a bowl of bathwater and throw it to the east in a small town of 750 people with a total of 7 streets, you can do it too ;) )

Best of luck
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

LEARNING719

Unread post by LEARNING719 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:45 pm

aura! THANK YOU !!! :P

KhonsuMes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by KhonsuMes » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:04 am

I also have no bathtub! How do I do a wash to put at crossroads with no tub?
Rachel11
Hi Rachel:
Just make up your bath in a bowl or water bottle , then carry that and a nice sized metal mixing bowl into the shower.
You can use the bath mixture and let some drip into the mixing bowl as you use it according to the bath instructions. Then take some of that and carry to the crossroads. You don't need to carry a lot. Just a cup or so will do. Put that bath water in a bottle of some kind and you're good to go.

This thread:
newbie-questions-about-baths-and-cleansings-t7529.html
has a lot of good advice about baths. There are many others as well, just do a search.

Best of luck with your work!

sweet81pea

Unread post by sweet81pea » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:38 am

Hi I have been reading all this afternoon about the best time or order to do my 13 herb bath(1 pack) and van van spell kit. I'm confused because I don't know if I should wait to do the 13 herb bath since the moon is waxing after the new moon has come in and just start with the van van spell kit. I wanted to start with the 13 herb bath but if it's better for me to wait until the moon starts waning, I can do that. I've been taking notes and really wanna do this right since it's my first time. I don't even care about waking up early or walking to my nearest crossroads because I know putting work into something will yield great results. Thanks to all who can give me some advice on this.
Thank you Saint Expedite for your quick service!
Thank you Saint Michael for your constant protection!

DreamCatcher

Unread post by DreamCatcher » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:34 pm

Hello,
I purchased both dixie love oil and crystals to lay in my targets shampoo, body wash and laundry soap.

1) Can the crystals go in the detergent? All I have read is putting it in the rise cycle. Will it get rinsed out?
2) Would a packet be enough for a full bottle of detergent?
3) If I use oil in the detergent will it spot the clothing?

Thank you for your help

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:32 am

Hi Rookiebinx / DreamCatcher,

1) Dissove the crystals in a bit of water first, then add this to the detergent and mix well. Putting the dissolved crystals in the rinse cycle (which is also great for laying the trick) will do the same thing as putting it in the detergent - the point is to ensure contact between the clothing (particularly socks and underwear) and the products.

2) Half a package is more than enough for a full bottle of detergent. Use the other half a pack to draw a ''relaxing bath'' for your lover one night along with candles burning that have been anointed with the oil!

3) It may well. Don't use oil in the detergent, the bath crystals are far better suited for this. Use the oil as a personal perfume, to anoint candles, to put on the doorknob of your bedroom, etc. Keep in mind, using both products isn't ''better'' than a single product. Nor is one ''stronger'' than the other. The variety helps you to lay your tricks in as many manners as possible to work the condition from multiple angles.

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest

lbcamera

Unread post by lbcamera » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:48 pm

During my 7 day cleansing I take a shower first then pour the cleansing solution over my head,I collect the bath water and dispose of it according to conjure
at sunrise and I'm good for the day.Tomorrow is my 7th and last day and I do have an event to attend in the early evening can I take another regular shower or will that somehow affect the cleansing that was done at sunrise?

Many thanks and my best to you
lbcamera
Thank You Saint Anthony

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:03 am

Taking another shower later in the day will not affect your previous work.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

lbcamera

Unread post by lbcamera » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 am

Thank you jwmcclin!
Thank You Saint Anthony

Violetfire

Unread post by Violetfire » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:29 am

This is probably a dumb question, but I need to ask anyway.

I live on the first floor of an apartment building, with a lawn and a few trees outside my patio door. Obviously, the property does not belong to me, and the space outside isn't what I'm renting. I'm renting my apartment and the patio itself, not the lawn.

Can I use the area/crossroads outside in the rest of the complex to dispose of the cleansing 13 Day Bath water, or should I use a city street? I'm just trying to avoid being questioned by the over-zealous police, who are everywhere and think that everything must be their business.

Thanks in advance!
Blessed Be!

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Violetfire,

if that common area is a crossroads then I don't see why you couldn't use it.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:15 am

Dear Friends,

I was looking at the Lucky Mojo catalog for all the available bath crystals and I was wondering how does one use the bath crystals of the negative sort.

For example if I were going to do a Crossing, Breakup or DUME spell, are the bath crystals meant for me to bathe in before the ritual, or these bath crystals are meant to be snuck into the victim's/target's soap things?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:59 pm

They are intended for the target. This is another reason to purchase the spellkits when doing this type of work if you are familiar. The kits include instructions and protection.

Here is further information about the products
Crossing (http://www.luckymojo.com/crossing.html)
Breakup http://www.luckymojo.com/breakup.html

Nellie

Unread post by Nellie » Fri May 11, 2012 4:56 am

Should one always bathe before and after working with spells? If yes, which Lucky Mojo products are best for love work? Do you have instructions on how the bath should be done?

Spell plans: Break up/Stay with Me, Come to Me, and Stay with Me.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Fri May 11, 2012 6:46 am

you can cleanse with any of the cleaning products like van van, uncrossing, road opener, the selection is based on the work and need. Look over the products before deciding. In your case, anytime you do negative work you want to cleanse after the work, typically we use hyssop to wash away the sin. As for the love work all of those have a bath crystal that you can purchase and use the day you start the work, use it throughout the work or the first and last day of the work. your call, good luck
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri May 11, 2012 7:54 am

Nellie: It is up to the practitioner themselves if they wish to bathe before and after working spells. I personally do for some, but not with all. There is no one correct way.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri May 11, 2012 7:05 pm

cat has posted instructions as a guide that includes the spiritual bath; the ones you inquire about are listed below...
Breakup Spiritual Supplies < http://www.luckymojo.com/breakup.html >
Stay With Me Spiritual Supplies < http://www.luckymojo.com/staywithme.html >
Come To Me Spiritual Supplies < http://www.luckymojo.com/cometome.html >

Purchase the SpellKits and the instructions are included and everything you will need from start to completion.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri May 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Here's a page that explains all about how and when to use spiritual baths: It isn’t always necessary to bathe before spellwork. Some spells ask for you to do his, and others do not. Additionally, if you're confused, flustered or otherwise unfocused, you could certainly start with a Clarity bath.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Wendy Rose
HRCC Student

Unread post by Wendy Rose » Sat May 12, 2012 1:15 am

Most of the times I bath before workings are to be done. Just to make sure my energy is clean but above all to come in the right mood to do the spellwork
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1825

El707

Unread post by El707 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:03 pm

Hi I'm new to this board and hoodoo in general but I wanted to ask some questions. I'm thinking about visiting the shop this Sunday or maybe next weekend because I live an
hour and 30 mins from the store. I'm looking for spell kits for spiritual cleansing because me and my family have really bad luck and I feel like our home has a lot
of negativity also my mom friends boyfriend can see ghost and at our old house , Said our house was haunted and had demonic things there, me and my mother experienced it, Every since then Ive been depressed . I live with my mother and grandmother and myself . I was thinking about doing a uncrossing spell , then Van Van spell, and protection spell, but the
thing is do I have to order one for each individual person ? I believe in it and my mother does too , she did hoodoo in the past but my grandmother is the one who isn't
up for it..I'm having a hard time convincing her.

Also I live in an apartment building now and I have no yard or backward , so for the spells how would I bury the remainings? I heard a pot?

OFF TOPIC:
Also I was looking for attraction spells to bring friends or love to me but Do I have to wear it all time for the person to be attracted to me. Do I have to constantly
wear it or once I wear it one time that be enough. I don't want to rely on hoodoo just so I can have friends and love. Like for instance if I use the oil or bath powder
and I attract my crush or certain person, if i don't have the oil on or did the bath crystals would they still be attracted to me the next time . i don't want to have to do it every time
in order to keep them interested in me.
I just wanted to use it to give me a little push and let them love me for me and not because I'm wearing the oil, i want them to make their own assumptions of me and if
they don't like me , I'll move . Get what I'm trying to say lol?
I moved away so I left my friends behind and I have
a hard time making friends because I'm shy. I'm 17 and just need a little guidance oh and I'm a lesbian so lol

Sorry for all the questions, Just need a little help.

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sun May 13, 2012 3:26 am

Hi there:
You don't have to do a spell kit for each person in your house. If you do an Uncrossing or Van Van Spell Kit (either one is great for cleaning that bad energy out of your house) you can add a pinch of the enclosed bath crystals to the wash water of the house laundry, or in a bucket of water to wash all the floors; you pray as you wash/scrub that all people living in the home will be cleansed.

You can bury the spell remains in a flower pot by your front door, or bury them at a crossroads.

As for your love question: Wearing a Hoodoo oil for attraction or love-drawing is really not much different than getting dressed up and putting on perfume to go on an important date or job interview. Looking your best helps you feel your best and gives you an energetic boost. That boost gives you success. There is no "rule" in Hoodoo that says you have to wear a love-drawing oil every day to bring love into your life, but you can't just do something once and expect it to work forever. That's like saying "I had this amazing meal last week so I shouldn't have to eat ever again." :) You eat again when you're hungry.
For you, you can use an Attraction spell kit or Lavender Love Kit which is specifically for gay and lesbian people to find love.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

El707

Unread post by El707 » Sun May 13, 2012 5:43 am

Thanks so much for answering my question !

Marii

Unread post by Marii » Tue May 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Today I started a thirteen day uncrossing bath with hyssop, rue and mullein tea.

All day I have felt worse- more upset and agitated at all of the things that seem to have gone wrong. Granted it is only one day, but I wasn't expecting to feel so irritable.

Is this common?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue May 15, 2012 3:19 pm

No, it isn't common -- but it makes sense to me that, once you clear the oppression away, your unconscious mind might say "HOLY SHINOLA life sucked! I can't believe we sat through that! I can't believe we let Johnny walk all over us like that!" etc. Maybe, in your case, the first thing to get cleared up was learned helplessness.

You might want a ten-minute reading just to make sure and clear up the puzzlement, though.

You could also follow up your uncrossing bath with Tranquility, Peace Water, Blessing, or similar formulas. Get some King Solomon Wisdom in there, too. (It's not a Miss Michaele post without King Solomon Wisdom, now, is it? ;))
Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

DreamCatcher

Unread post by DreamCatcher » Tue May 15, 2012 8:20 pm

That occasionally happens to me also. It's like you are suddenly fully aware how crappy you felt and it hits you like a brick wall. The next day I feel great. I rub Cast Off Evil oil on myself and pray that all my doubts and fears be cast away. Blessing and peace water make you feel cozy and safe. One thing I do notice is that all body aches are gone so I know the baths have done their job. Just keep doing the work with full confidence

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue May 15, 2012 8:27 pm

Hyssop is used to cleanse oneself from sin, as mentioned in Psalms 51 and is used in uncrossing baths where there is a possibility that one's own actions may have partially led to the crossed condition

Rue protects against the evil eye, among other things, and is sometimes used in uncrossing.

Mullein is generally employed for protection.

In your original post you called this an "Uncrossing Bath," but removing sin and getting protection are not the same as uncrossing.

Now, i don't know why you felt irritable, but your bath was not a real traditional uncrossing bath. So i changed the title to "feel worse after hyssop, rue, and mullein bath?" -- which better describes your situation.
catherine yronwode

Marii

Unread post by Marii » Wed May 16, 2012 1:46 am

Thank you for the replies.

Here are the specifics of my situation. I have had ten years of being very bound and while being able to make some changes for the positive, it is very different from prior to that time period. I started to really consider why these issues were arising and I have come to believe that they are coming from a central source. I think that this source/persons have done a kind of binding spell which meets their own selfish purposes. They are very parasitic and I feel I am being used.

I used to have really strong abilities to effect positive changes and now I feel like those abilities have been bound or stripped. In addition, other things have happened and it always points back to who would benefit from these events and it is always the same individual(s). It is far more than coincidence.

I have tried banishing spells and they have not been effective. That is when I realized that I think they have somehow crossed me or bound me up so I am in effect, powerless to free myself so I started to work there- to try to free myself so I could then go about the work of road clearing and getting back to feeling like I actually had some control and the old sense of self efficacy and power that seemed to come so naturally. Right now, I am being drained dry and I seem powerless to free myself.

This is not the result of sin, rather perhaps some bad choices and not seeing the big picture before I got involved. I grow my own rue and used the 37th psalm. I planned on doing this for 13 days.

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Thu May 17, 2012 2:18 am

I myself have ever felt worse during the course of uncrossing baths. Interesting, I guess I was not alone. It seems uncrossing in a way is like cast off evil. In which you can even realise how stupid you were, or obsessed you were about something and the truth is uncovered before you.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Thu May 17, 2012 4:37 am

Hi Marii,

consider trying the LM 13-herb bath or Uncrossing bath crystals. Both are very effective formulas that may be able to offer you some relief. They also have combinations of products designed to address your situation from a number of different angles:

http://www.herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/bath-uncrossing.html

Also make sure that you're ritually disposing of the bathwater and thus conclude the bathing meaningfully. You can read more about bathing practices here: http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 17, 2012 8:07 am

Excellent addition of the "making sure you dispose of the bathwater properly", aura. Great advice. I may have missed asking about that step if someone came to me with this problem. Thank you. Much Appreciated.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Marii

Unread post by Marii » Thu May 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Thank you everyone. I will try the suggestions.

I have had a very interesting two days. Yesterday I felt fine and it seemed like there was movement. I had contact with several old friends, one of whom I have not seen for 25 years and contacted me out of the blue! He now has a job at the same place I work. The simple fact that I am seeing progress has made me feel better and confident, but maybe I am also feeling this way due to the baths.

These are small things, but I do not think they are insignificant.

Regarding disposing the bathwater- I do this in the shower by pouring it over me so essentially, it all goes down the drain. I was thinking that at the end of the thirteen days, I would put a bit more water in the container with salt and take that to a crossroads.

In any case, I am very happy with the results for now.

KhonsuMes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by KhonsuMes » Thu May 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Hi Marii:
I am glad you are feeling better.

For disposing bathwater - you _can_ catch some water while pouring over your head in the shower ( a cup or so is fine). Just put a mixing bowl at your feet to catch some of the water. It will work. You should do this each day and you should dispose of it each day at the crossroads, traditionally before dawn. You don't want to make up a different concoction at the end and then dispose of that. Where is the continuity of intention or effort in that? You want the actual water you bathed in to carry away the bad stuff and then have it disperse at the crossroads into the whole world/universe.

This thread should be helpful - and it has links to other threads and sources in HITAP to help you understand the general symbolism and practice of cleansing and uncrossing spiritual baths in Hoodoo:
13-herb-bath-questions-and-answers-t9255s150.html

blessebythebest

Unread post by blessebythebest » Mon May 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Hi all: I have a question regarding bathing. I have been taking the 13 herb bath followed up by 7 days of van van. I have been taking the baths nonstop because the person I am dealing with is working nonstop and will not give up. My question is do I still have to take the baths every day because he won't let up? It has gottn to be very expensive. Thanks for your advice.

blessebythebest

Unread post by blessebythebest » Tue May 22, 2012 12:38 pm

I posted a bath question yesterday and received 2 emails saying I got a response, but when I click on the link, it says the topic can't be found. Can someone tell me whether I should post it again. Thank you for your help. I think I a getting interference from a evil spirit.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue May 22, 2012 12:44 pm

No, an evil spirit did not delete your post. It was moved to this thread:

13-herb-bath-questions-and-answers-t9255.html
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

blessebythebest

Unread post by blessebythebest » Tue May 22, 2012 1:04 pm

THANK YOU.

Marii

Unread post by Marii » Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 pm

Yesterday I dropped the cup in the shower, it shattered and I now have stitches in my foot.

I read somewhere that one person interpreted this kind of thing as a sign that the crossing or hex was broken but I am not so sure.

Last year I tried to push back on this using a different technique and I ended up with pneumonia.

Nonetheless, I am going to keep working.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Fri May 25, 2012 2:10 pm

You sure are catching a passel of woe. I'm very sorry to hear about all of your troubles. I know Miss Michaele suggested a reading a ways back, but I would suggest it again. When you are confronted with a seemingly endless variety of obstacles, having someone outside take a look in can answer a lot of questions. I would check with the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers:

http://readersandrootworkers.org

In addition to your other work, go to the Crystal Silence League and post a free prayer request, so we can help you that way, too:

http://crystalsilenceleague.org/public/prayer_type.php

Good Luck!
Two-Headed Doctor

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri May 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Never use a glass cup in the shower or bath. Always use plastic or a paper cup.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Tue May 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Hi everyone-Just wondering how many baths you get out of one package. Thanks!

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Tue May 29, 2012 4:52 pm

Well, depends on the bath product your purchase. The Herbal Blends and Mixtures, state how many days, such as a SevenHerb Bath, One Day and the the Seven Herb Bath, 7 Day Supply. As for the Bath Crystals, I believe you can get a few baths out of those such as two or maybe three. I could be wrong about that and know that others can make this clear. :-)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

euphemia

Unread post by euphemia » Tue May 29, 2012 5:07 pm

At least from the spell kits I've done, it seems they last for about 2 washes.

I don't know if this is "wrong," but outside of spell kits, I try to stretch out the use of the bath crystals. I figure a little can go a long way (especially if I"m also using the corresponding oil, powder, candle, &c.), so I try to get maybe 10 washes out of one packet, average. I tend to use more if I'm really doing a bath, but if I'm putting it in laundry, I use less. So it can vary a bit.

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Wed May 30, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks Papa and euphemia :D

Lee Canipe
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Lee Canipe » Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 am

With pre-made bath crystals, I use one packet for one bath.

Lee Canipe #398 (G)
HRCC Graduate #0398

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi-I'm pretty new to hoodoo. I have heard different ways of taking a bath. Do you completely immerse yourself, head included?

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:15 pm

Most spiritual bathing is done by pouring the water over your head, rather than immersing yourself. You can learn a lot more about hoodoo fundamentals in Miss cat's free online book Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html
Two-Headed Doctor

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:51 pm

Thanks!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:06 pm

You are very welcome.
Two-Headed Doctor

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Actually, if you have a hair-do that you do not wish to get wet, it is just as traditional to wash from the face down. Different textures of hair require different approaches to showering and bathing, as most of the ladies here will testify.

Do not ever let someone tell you that there is only one "right" way to bathe. There are several "right" ways -- and washing the face and then pouring or wiping from the neck down is old and traditional.
catherine yronwode

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:18 pm

You are of course correct. I apologize for my negligence in answering.
Two-Headed Doctor

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:13 am

No problem, Mister Hob --

Lots of men (like you, i'm guessing) keep their hair in simpler or shorter styles -- but some elaborate female coiffures require two to four hours to put together, and that's why you'll see ladies bathing from the face and neck down.
catherine yronwode

CajunBarbie

Unread post by CajunBarbie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:35 am

I usually make my own cleansing baths. Sometimes I will use hyssop alone. But i mostly use a combination of sea salt, hyssop, 1 teaspoon of ammonia, holy water, florida water and cascarilla. I make the tea of hyssop first then add the other ingredients and let it cool. I pray psalm 62 over the mixture and then as I am bathing with it I pray psalm 51 while I am washing with the mixture.
THANK YOU JESUS Raphael Gabriel Michael St.Jude Anthony Expedite Lazarus Our Lady of Lourdes

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:25 am

--Miss cat,

I do keep my hair short, but my mother is a hair-dresser, thus it is unforgiveable that I overlook such things ;)
Two-Headed Doctor

CajunBarbie

Unread post by CajunBarbie » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:59 am

I'm also wondering if its wise to put black salt in a cleansing bath since one of its properties is supposed to be jinx removal? Does anyone know the answer to this?
THANK YOU JESUS Raphael Gabriel Michael St.Jude Anthony Expedite Lazarus Our Lady of Lourdes

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:51 am

I would think adding a bit of black salt to a strong uncrossing bath would be beneficial.
Two-Headed Doctor

emdeluxe

Unread post by emdeluxe » Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:16 pm

Barbie, how much hyssop do you use for one bath? I haven't tried hyssop yet, I understand it's wonderful!

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”