Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Priestess Divine
HRCC Student
Re: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 am

aura wrote:My apologies if I offended: it wasn't the intent.

Blessings.
No Aura. I know dear, no problem.
Blessings to you as well!
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

MissDelia
HRCC Student

Unread post by MissDelia » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:30 am

I have scoured the forums for the answer to this and this is actually my first time posting. I just started a honey jar for a new man in my life. The jar is made up of great LM products and for extra ooomph, I used a male figural candle on top. It was carved with his name and dressed with Dixie Love. I also put pins in it with intentions and loving thoughts.

While burning it today, it got to the first pin placed in the heart. I have never seen this before, but the pin slowly sank to a 45 degree angle, so I thought it was going to be a clinger..... instead I heard a huge pop and a *ping*. When I looked, the pin had popped out and landed on the counter a few inches away from the base, right on the edge of my alter. After this the candle got super duper drippy. Thoughts?

Is the flying pin and drippy-ness a good sign? We are brand new and not even a "couple" yet, so I dont know.

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:00 am

When candle signs are difficult to interpret, I often pull a few cards or bible verses. Have you done any divination to clarify these signs?

In this case, I don't think the pin flying out of the candle's heart was a good sign; that looks like vigorous resistance to me. But you'd better do some other kind of divination to be sure.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

MissDelia
HRCC Student

Unread post by MissDelia » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 am

Well, since I posted the second half of the candle burned down so quickly...... a half of a figure candle gone in an hour. Zoom! I just did a quick divination with tarot cards and I kept getting cups. First when shuffling the 10 of cups (happy home and family) fell out of the deck, then when pulling cards the ace of cups came up (fortunate beginnings!).

Ill keep you posted. This may take a while to play out as he is overseas with work for the next two weeks. I really want to be boyfriend/girlfriend!

MissDelia
HRCC Student

Unread post by MissDelia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:59 pm

Small update. I got a reading and it said that as long as the physically and emotional interactions are equal, the relationship will flourish. Also, the subsequent candles I have burned on the honey jar are oooeeeeyy-goooeey and very swirly and are making tons of little heart puddles at the base of the jar. He just left for his trip today, so I have some time to get my jar ramped up! I love all of the LM products.... put in another order today!

caramelkisses

Unread post by caramelkisses » Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello everyone,
So I've completed my first come to me spell and had a quick question on interpreting the results from the residual wax.

I thoroughly read the candle divination section of the lucky mojo site, and what I've gathered is a high, bright flame is a good sign. Throughout the burn the flame remained consistent, even after outting and then relighting it. There wasn't any smoke and the glass holder that I had it in didn't have any soot, so it looks like a very clean burn overall.

My question is towards the end while I was meditating over the candle the flame seemed to lean towards me (the wick wad still centered), is this a good sign?

Also there was a little wax left over that I poured into a bowl of water and the way it formed kinda looked like a couple embracing... If that makes sense, the way the drops of wax formed after meditating on it thats the conclusion I came to.

Would love to hear some feedback on this.

Cf505101
Newly Registered

Unread post by Cf505101 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:59 am

I have burned a St. Martha candle to keep the past things I've done down on the low.

After all is done the candle is very dark and sooty, but only on the back end of the candle all the way down to the bottom.

During the burning the candle wick moved to the back and did burn against the glass. Best I can figure is that this means that all negativity in the past has been caught up, and has simmered down.

Any other possible interpertations?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:03 am

Cf505101 --

Quite the contrary, i interpret that dark, black soot at the back of the candle as something behind you that is intending evil -- an enemy who knows your past.

This is NOT a good burn or a satisfactory conclusion to the work.

I would try another candle, and perhaps one more specifically directed toward the issues -- whatever they are. For instance (not trying to guess what "the past things" you have done were, and not judging) -- but a candle like Cut and Clear or Cast of Evil or Law Keep Away might help.

This thread has been merged into the long and ongoing thread on candle divination, where it belongs.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

coldspring
Newly Registered

Unread post by coldspring » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:59 am

I burned a 7 day novena red candle to bring an ex lover back and there was residual wax left on one side of the glass which appeared like stripes. what does this mean?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:37 am

If you order from Lucky Mojo, you will be supplied with a free paper page that describes the basics of candle divination, along with a link to a longer web page at "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" which gives many more examples.

Your description of a "red candle" is not clear, since you did not name which Lucky Mojo candle you purchased and we have many love candles that are red in colour, and most of our candles for return or reconciliation tend toward the gentler colour of pink.

However, to reply in brief, if the wax looks like tears or a downward flow -- it means tears and sorrow. If the wax remains as a ring or partial ring at the bottom of the glass, it represents past issues that are unresolved.

This thread is being merged with the much longer thread on candle divination.
catherine yronwode

Mezan

Unread post by Mezan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:18 pm

My candle burned mainly the left portion of the skull. It got extremely runny and didn't burn thoroughly. The flame began to get very big, and it was very difficult to snuff when I wanted to trim the wick. The wax on the other side also caught fire several times, and I had to trim the wick a couple of times. This only happened on the day that I finally feel like I broke through and put my full emotions into the work (I hadn't memorized the Psalm, or cried until this time). I placed the target's picture on its forehead, and it had my petition paper inside, at the bottom. Neither of these burned. Only about half of the candle burned, since the right side is still somewhat complete, as is the base.
I am thinking it would be good to start this over. Would this be best? What does this seem like?
Thank you for always taking care of me, San Judas.

Thank you, St. Expedite!

terrarose81
Newly Registered

Unread post by terrarose81 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:40 pm

So I have a 7 day candle burning spell in the works and have saw something while burning my candle last night that I have not come across before. The wax seemed to pool at the top of the candle under the flame but never dripped down. It gave the top of the candle a kind of dome look. As I said the dome of hot wax never dripped down the side during the burning. So it was like the top centimeter of the candle was liquid. I found it quite unique and I wonder if anyone has ever had this happen to them before and if anyone knows what exactly that means. I don't get a feeling that it is a bad sign but would like to be sure anyways. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated as I am very very curious.

Happy Blessings!
T-Rose

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:40 am

Hi terrarose81,

LM has an excellent page on candle divination that may be able to give you some insight as will the information in this thread that I've merged your post into: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

SirSam28

Unread post by SirSam28 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been practicing Hoodoo work for about 2 years now and i have lit hundreds of candles, usually with pretty good readings on them. But this past week, i encountered something i have never seen before and i didnt read anything on either this forum or the candle divination.

I am working a protection candle dressed with LM Uncrossing Oil. When i dress my candles, i make pretty good wells and i also only put a few drops in. This time, @ 2:30am my fire alarm wakes me up... i run into my spare bedroom to find that the entire top of the candle is on fire! Like i said before, i do not think i used enough of the oil to make it flare up.... also keep in mind i do the same procedure to my weekly Saint, ancestral altars.. without any flare ups..

Is this a sign of the protection work backfiring or not working? Or should i chalk it up to user error?

Nolongerhere

Unread post by Nolongerhere » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 pm

I was burning a candle and the precise moment the candle went out I heard a car horn beep really load a few streets across from me - Is that a sign of something? The candle was an offertory candle and it had a tall flame, no problems with the burn.

Before prayer & the actual conjure I used master key & prayed for mastery over this working & I felt amazing energy during the prayer (I don't think I felt so lucid during a conjure before - by lucid I mean light, clear headed, joyous etc...)

Thanks.
Thank you St. Expedite

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:27 pm

I would not consider a horn honking a sign, unless the candle you lit was related to a car in some way. Urban root doctors would have to be used to car honks given that many of them lived in places like Chicago, Oakland, and New York ;-)
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Humming_Bird

Unread post by Humming_Bird » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:51 pm

I just started burning a vigil glass encased candle and I noticed that the wick was not entirely centered. So as it started burning, there was still unmelted wax on the sides. Will this affect the spell?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:06 pm

Yes, occassionally the wicks will not be centered. It's part of candle work to "work" these candles. I use a poking tool to re-center the wicks as it burns.

However, still take note of this. Often having to tend to a candle indicates that the work you are doing will likewise need more "tending" in order to come to the resolution you are looking for.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:45 pm

I agree with Devi. Just last night I had to tend to a candle that I knew was going to need some help along. From the outside of the unlit candle I could see that the wick had pressed itself up against the side of the glass. I gently moved the wick to the center of the glass vigil after about 3 hours of it being lit and now it's burning wonderfully and with no complications.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:56 pm

And occasionally, no amount of tending will help a light :roll:
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:18 pm

last night i stared a vinager jar with the black candle at first the flame was tall and streight but then went little and the flame went down , of course this is spell for break up, what that mean?

Humming_Bird

Unread post by Humming_Bird » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Devi Spring wrote:Yes, occassionally the wicks will not be centered. It's part of candle work to "work" these candles. I use a poking tool to re-center the wicks as it burns.

However, still take note of this. Often having to tend to a candle indicates that the work you are doing will likewise need more "tending" in order to come to the resolution you are looking for.
The first time it started burning unevenly, I just let it be and eventually it started burning evenly. Second time, I did as you said. I used a long bamboo stick to recenter the wick and now it's burning fine.

siren
Newly Registered

Unread post by siren » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:06 pm

Hey there. I've done some searches on cracked vigil candles, but haven't seen anything about what it means when happening in love spells.

First I did a Follow Me spell with a large fixed candle I got on Etsy. The candle was REALLY fixed with a lot of herbs and caught on fire and cracked the saucer it was on in 2 pieces and even burnt a black hole in the dresser it was on! The dresser was a sea of melted wax. The candle burnt up EXTREMELY fast. I was amazed that it would crack a thick saucer like that but decided it was due to all the herbs. About a month or two later I did a LM Follow Me vigil candle for the same purpose. First the herbs caught on fire..didn't darken the glass at all but created a crack across the top of the glass..all along the front side running horizontally. The crack didn't go all the way through so I continued to let it burn. 6 hearts stuck on the opposite side of the crack almost lined up exactly parallel and level to the crack on the back of the glass. It was kinda wild, actually.

Since this is the second time this spell has caught fire to the point of breaking glass (The only time I've had glass broken in spells and I do them for me and friends for many different things)...I'm going to take this as a sign. What's your take on this? Good sign? Bad?

What's your read on this?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:08 pm

Geena: Was the second candle from the same Etsy shop? I will remind you that we can only discuss Lucky Mojo products on this, the Lucky Mojo Curio Company Forums. That being said I have to say that the cracked glass is probably due to the extreme heat the burning herbs are producing. It sounds as though the candles you got were dressed by someone who may not have been versed in the proper way to dress a candle. The herbs should never catch on fire. The vigil glass is very thick and strong (at least the Lucky Mojo vigil's are, I can't comment on the ones you were using) however it is still glass and will crack with extreme heat.

I would buy a vigil candle that has been dressed and dedicated for you from a proper vigil dressing service/person and try to work that one. If the same happens you may have a very serious situation, however I think you will find the burn will go much better. Vigil candles should not catch fire. If the legitimate one you buy, that is not stuffed with herbs, catches on fire and cracks the glass, burns your dresser, etc then please get a reading from someone who can tell you what they divine for your situation.
Joseph Magnuson

siren
Newly Registered

Unread post by siren » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:13 pm

The Vigil candle was from Lucky Mojo and fixed.
The first candle was entirely to thick with Herbs...so I wasn't worried about it. I just find it a bit strange that it caught on fire on the Lucky Mojo candle too. However this wasn't a HUGE fire with the vigil candle. The herbs on top all started on fire for about 2 minutes, cracked the glass...but not entirely through...no wax could escape. This happened within the first minutes of lighting.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:27 pm

Ah, I see. Thank you for clearing this up.

In that case I advise you to seek out a practitioner to get a clear picture of your situation by divination. Broken glass on a Follow Me vigil would appear to be the person working heavily against you. You can read more info here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html a little way down the page in the section entitled, "A glass encased vigil candle cracks or breaks, spilling wax." There are at least a few basic guide-lines for reading vigil candle signs, for spilled wax and not.
Joseph Magnuson

Humming_Bird

Unread post by Humming_Bird » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:35 pm

I kinda of don't understand what a "clean" burn is?

Does clean mean being absolutely no herbs on sides, no oil residue, no wax left on sides, no soot, almost as if there was NEVER a candle burning inside? Almost new looking??

Because so far my candle is burning quite well. No soot. No cracks. No blackness. A little bit of herbs on sides (mostly from oil) and a bit of fogginess (I dunno if it's from the melting wax or oil) but I can still see the flame and inside the glass perfectly even from far away. Flame strong. Nothing strange in paticular. I can't believe a candle could burn without leaving SOME residue or trace, especially on glass.

So what exactly is considered a "clean" burn?

Humming_Bird

Unread post by Humming_Bird » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 pm

When I mean fogginess, I mean, a very slight fogginess. I can still see quite perfectly through the glass.

And the flame burns quite high and dances and bounces. I have lit tea light candles and they are completely still. I read that it means that the person is being greatly affected.

Edit: I also have to admit that I do snuff out my candles and relight them. So I do feel that the fogginess could be from that.

Humming_Bird

Unread post by Humming_Bird » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh nevermind! Last night I decided to just let my candle stay on for the entire day while I went out. Usually I snuff it out if I'm going to be out for a long time. But snuffing it out had caused it to become sort of foggy. Today, I came back and the bottom half had become clear! The fogginess that was once there is gone! The flame was really high too and dancing! I take that as a really good thing! :o :D I feel really good about this!

RhiannonWyt

Unread post by RhiannonWyt » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:55 am

I am doing a moving candle spell with Adam and Eve figures. White for my Beloved, red for me and black for he hexing woman that split us apart and who is now with. Her candle always burns with a small flame but is melting fast and kind of messy but towards her FRONT which is faced away from his. I began on Thur. 3/8/12.

His candle generally has the taller, brighter flame. The night before last (3/10/12) that flame was sort of leaning away from my candle and there were two wax runs, one in front and one in back. There was also some hissing and popping the night before last. The wax run in front was curling back toward the black candle. So yesterday (3/11/12) I did some work on myself. Some meditating and cleansing to tame my agression and examine my feelings about him and forgive him and myself for the mistakes we have made. Last night the flame on his candle burned mostly straight though there was some back and forth from my candle and hers. Then, the small piece of wax that was in the front of his candle literally FLEW about 3.5 inches toward my candle. The shape reminded me a tongue and this may have significance simply because my current petition to St. Martha is to get him to talk with me. For the sake of record or even academia, the wax on his back looks like a hook. Which to me correlates the bonds she has on him.

But the flying chunk of wax? What on earth could that mean? I tried doing a search and browsing through this thread but if this has been asked before I'm not finding it.

For what it's worth, my candle burns steady, the flame often matches his. Like, if his flairs mine will etc. There is a wax run on mine, it's a small amount that has formed something of a rounded heart shape over what would anatomically be the heart. On both his and my candle it's burned down now to the shoulders, hers is melting faster and so is a little past the shoulders.

Not sure what the significance of this might mean and I'm not too worried about it but my reading revealed that she used sexual flirtation to attract him and there was mention specifically of her breasts. I'm getting a petty kick that her wax run quickly had her candle's breasts looking really saggy. But I recognize that pettiness in me. :twisted:

Mostly I need hlep with the flying wax chunk. Has anyone had this happen? Thoughts on what it might mean here?
Rhiannon Wyt

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 am

I have never had a piece of wax fly anywhere, but anything is possible. Hopefully there will be some more observations on this matter.
Joseph Magnuson

viennayeung

Unread post by viennayeung » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:16 pm

Hi everyone. I have been trying to look for answers from this forum and the Lucky Mojo website. I am not 100% sure about my guess. If anyone can offer some insights, that will be great!

I used the crown of success kit around late December. And I started my COS honey jar in late January. I am still burning my candles on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays because I am waiting for my application result (to grad school).

Here are my observations:
1. 97% of the time, the candle finishes in around 1.5 hours (except around 4-5 times, the candle finished around 15 mins longer)
2. 99% of the time the flame is really clam, normal height, burns straight down
3. 90% of time when I wallk pass by the candle, the flame dances a bit and gives out black smoke ---> (is it a bad sign?)
4. 85% of time there is no residue; 10% of time a bit of wax left on the candle holder (around 1 mm thick); and 2 times the wax dripped a few drops
5. the top of the candle holder has turned black (around 1cm from the bottom of the holder)

I am quite comfortable with the fact that the candles are calm and most of the time there is no residue. But I am not sure about the black candle holder and the occasionally black smoke (when I walk pass by the candle). Would anyone offer some insights? Thanks!

RhiannonWyt

Unread post by RhiannonWyt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:02 pm

Today, (Tuesday 3/13/12) something happened to make me think that the flying chunk of wax I mentioned above could indicate that an argument or perhaps some kind of sudden and emotionally laden conversation or interaction may soon take place. In conjunction with my moving candle spell I have also been petitioning St. Martha and last Tuesday's petition was to make my Beloved talk to me. And today he did. Once he learned through text message that another male friend of mine was helping me with something he started to get provactive and argumentative over text until he finally called me while he was at work (they're not supposed to use their phones there) and went at it with me for over an hour. I don't mind arguing. Sometimes the air just has to be cleared. I'd like it if we could talk without arguing but that's a point we'll have to get to. Later in the day, when I needed help because I got a flat tire he was quick to come and help, very kind about it and seemed glad I called him and not anyone else. ;)

I made a point of telling him that I knew that especially after this morning and since he soon had a bowling game to get to (tournament this weekend) that I was very grateful that he came and I gave him a hug from behind. He couldn't return the hug since I was behind him but he accepted it and tilted his head toward me in response.

Argument aside, I'm pretty happy. He's obviously thinking of me a lot and I got what I wanted, him to talk to me. Since it IS Tuesday I am again petitioning St. Martha and asking her that he talk to me a lot. I think the more we talk the better and we won't always argue.

So... That is a possible expectation to have if some wax goes flying. Something sudden and emotionaly charged. Exactly how good or bad this bodes for my ultimate goal...? I'm having faith.
Rhiannon Wyt

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:00 pm

Thank you so much for that follow up... A lot of times we have people who ask the original question you asked about wax/candle divination and then they disappear and we are left wondering, "What happened with that situation?" It's great to see the progress of your condition and how you have been relating it to your work. Good job, you seem to be on the right track with this!
Joseph Magnuson

viennayeung

Unread post by viennayeung » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:43 pm

viennayeung wrote:Hi everyone. I have been trying to look for answers from this forum and the Lucky Mojo website. I am not 100% sure about my guess. If anyone can offer some insights, that will be great!

I used the crown of success kit around late December. And I started my COS honey jar in late January. I am still burning my candles on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays because I am waiting for my application result (to grad school).

Here are my observations:
1. 97% of the time, the candle finishes in around 1.5 hours (except around 4-5 times, the candle finished around 15 mins longer)
2. 99% of the time the flame is really clam, normal height, burns straight down
3. 90% of time when I wallk pass by the candle, the flame dances a bit and gives out black smoke ---> (is it a bad sign?)
4. 85% of time there is no residue; 10% of time a bit of wax left on the candle holder (around 1 mm thick); and 2 times the wax dripped a few drops
5. the top of the candle holder has turned black (around 1cm from the bottom of the holder)

I am quite comfortable with the fact that the candles are calm and most of the time there is no residue. But I am not sure about the black candle holder and the occasionally black smoke (when I walk pass by the candle). Would anyone offer some insights? Thanks!
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could offer some insights? Thanks again!

loops77

Unread post by loops77 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 pm

I set up four 7 Day Candles, each for a special purpose. This is my first time doing candle work.

The green money candle burned strong with a tall flame. I anointed it with Basil oil. I read the section on fast burning candles being effective, but not long lasting. This candle was aimed toward money issues, which I desperately need right now. Could it be possible that the basil oil made it burn down faster than normal?

The other three candles still have a couple of days before they burn down completely it seems.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:29 pm

Great research loops77, although it is possible loops77, I would get a divination on this before jumping to conclusions. http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:22 pm

loops, there are no more 7-day candles.

Vigil candles used to burned for NINE days. They were called Novena candles because of because you kept them lit for the 9 days of a Catholic novena prayer. Nine days is 216 hours.

When the first big gas crisis hit, rather than raise the price of the candles, the folks who made the candles just made the candle glass smaller. They became 7 day candles. Seven days is 168 hours.

Each time the price of gas and oil has gone up, the candles have gotten smaller. And more expensive.

Most of them burn for 5 days now. They are rated for 120 hours. That's 5 days.

Some brands of vigil lights will burn out in 4 days and that is a fast burn, 96 hours -- but these are brands that really are 4 day candles now. We don't carry these little skanky-thin 4-day vigil candles in our shop, but some other places do.

I have never heard of an 8" glass vigil candle burning out in 1 1/2 days. That is 36 hours.

I do not disbelieve you, just saying that would be very, very unusual.

Since we have no idea how much Basil Oil you put into the candle -- or even whether these were Lucky Mojo candles -- we have no idea how, or if, the Basil oil affected the burn time. It might have, if it burns very hot.
catherine yronwode

loops77

Unread post by loops77 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:48 pm

Hi Catherine,
A friend bought me the 8 inch glass candles from Lucky Mojo months ago that I just got around to using, so these are your candles. I only applied about three drops of basil oil to the candle. It is almost done burning now. I did ask for more money quickly for this candle. All of the other candles are burning at an even pace. Hmmm..

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:00 pm

Well, whether or not the Basil oil you added speeded up the burn, an overly fast burn like this is highly unusual, and, as you already discovered, the typical divination meaning is "quick results but not long lasting."
catherine yronwode

loops77

Unread post by loops77 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:12 pm

ok...I know why the candle burned so quickly. I just got a lump sum of money from a former partner of a business deal gone bad. He felt guilty and gave me 50k as it was really his fault that things went sour.

Blanca Luna

Unread post by Blanca Luna » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Dear Luckymojo members,
Hope this finds you well.

I had an inquiry about my honey jar please. I lit a candle on top as it as you are meant to do, and a couple of weeks ago once the flame was about to extinguish it made the other wicks that were left on the jar light up as well. The result was a huge flame that woke me up as I had my eyes closes in my room and the flame lasted huge for a while until it slowly started to come down, but it melted all the wax on the jar by the end.

Can someone please tell me what this means? It has not happened again in two weeks - as now I get some wax left over on the jar.

Thank you for your help. Blessed be.

Best,
Blanca

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Please read this page as to what this can mean

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

SanGabriel
Newly Registered

Unread post by SanGabriel » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:31 am

So I burn a red (fixed with reconcile oil & come to me oil) glass vigil candle to reconcile my wife & I. The candle burns well, when it finished the glass at the top was black and the bottom glass had some residual wax. I burned the same candle again, with the same results. I realized that she is seeing someone else, so I now have a Break-Up candle that seems to be burning pretty clear and bright. No black on the glass so far. Should I keep the Break-Up candle going for another round or should I start another reconciliation candle? I'm wondering if I am using the wrong color candle for the reconciliation and what should be my next steps..

thanx

msdawn03

Unread post by msdawn03 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi, looking for help interpreting my candle(s). I'm a little confused. I started burning a red and green Chuparosa Candle six days ago. there is about a half inch of wax left to burn and the top of the glass has a foggy gray soot on the top portion. Can anyone tell me what this is an indication of? I burn candles often and every now and then my candles burn this way. For example, I was also burning a pink Virgin of Gaudelupe Candle and it had a darker gray soot than this at the top. It also burned completely in four days. Any reasons as to why this is happening?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:05 am

Please review this link in the future about such questions.

Basically Virgin of Guadalupe candle due to the black soot faced some obstacles to your work at first but eventually you petition will be granted quickly because it burned fast in 4 days. You may want to burn a road opener or work with St. Peter to help remove those obstacles, then I would burn another Virgin of Guadalupe candle

For the chuparrosa candle, the soot at the top and the left over wax in the bottom indicate there are lingering obstacles, and unfinished business. The unfinished business or something that has not been completely dealt with is what is causing the delay or minor obstacles. I would get a reading to see what is going on with that.

www.readersandrootworkers.com

msdawn03

Unread post by msdawn03 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:49 am

I actually burned an Open Road Candle prior to the pink Virgin of Guadalupe Candle along with a brown Steady Work candle and a Magnet Candle. They all burned well no soot at all but the Open Road burned in 4 days. The Magnet Candle burned in 5 days and the Steady Work burned in a bout 6 or 7days. Right before burning the Virgin of Guadalupe Candle I burned a Wishing Candle and then a black block breaker. They both burned clear. So anyway following your advice I will get another Open Road and a St. Peter Candle and I'll burn them together before redoing the pink Virgin of Guadalupe Candle. Oh yeah, and initially I burned a white Virgin of Guadalupe Candle because the pink was unavailable but it burned fine, no soot.

I'm sorry if my info was confusing for the Chuparosa Candle but no wax was left over. The wick did keep making knots. On e knot and two knots but I would snuff the candle out and clip the wick. After doing that about 6 or 7 times it stopped but the Chuparosa Candle just had the gray tint on the top of the encasing and the knots in the beginning that was all.

msdawn03

Unread post by msdawn03 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:17 am

Oh and I also forgot to add that the black Block Breaker burn in 5 days with little to no residue at the top. So both the pink Virgin of Guadalupe (4days) and the black Block Breaker (5days) burned faster than seven days. I burned them back to back, one after the other.

The other thing I also forgot to add about the red and green Chuparosa Candle was that the flame was very busy from the 2nd day of burning to the 5th day of burning. There was no draft. I even placed it in my oven b/c my fiance spent the night unexpectedly but it still flickered and flipped around for those couple of days with a strong medium high flame leaving the light gray soot at the top. This has never happened to me before. Was that spirits or what? It scared the heck out of me a woke me out of my sleep on the 2nd night. I had a hard time going back to sleep that night because it was like someone was flicking a 3-way light bulb in my bedroom. I'm just curious as to what that was.......

So currently I am burning a red Honey of Love /Miel de Amor Candle. When I lit it there was a pop within the first 60 seconds. What the heck was that about?

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:39 am

Hi,

Im wondering...can every candle wax puddle be read? Or is a puddle of wax somethimes just a puddle of wax, with no discernable signs or figures or images in the wax?

edit to say: Ive read the divination page and thru these posts. Will anyone advise me?

Thanks.
JackieLove
here it is: is was a call me spell.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/76500840@N03/?saved=1

queen2be
HRCC Student

Unread post by queen2be » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:14 am

I am new to the forum but I've tried to read up on this before asking a question! :?

I am burning a Money Drawing candle for myself and my dear friend who is far away. I am placing money under them, dressing them, prayed Psalms 23 over them seven times each. Yesterday, not once but twice when I was saying other prayers, when I mentioned the words "confidence" and "belief in personal strength" with regard to readiness to accept abundance and handle it wisely, the flame in my friend's candle popped LOUDLY.

I know this is a spirit message and I personally believe her ex-husband has spoken such darkness into her life that she is crossed up and that has helped make this problem with her job and money her reality. He, on the other hand, just as she started going down, has suddenly started a new job and is now making at least three times what he was making. What can I recommend to her? My feeling from the popping was that she is the current source of the blockage in her life and if she cleanses and protects herself, she can move forward. But then it sounds a lot like a crossing too...Experts?

My candle, by the way, is burning evenly and without any noise or flame acrobatics. And, after two days of burning it over US money, one of my US debts was cancelled out of the blue! Now I've added Canadian money (where I live) and I am believing good things from that too!

queen2be
HRCC Student

Unread post by queen2be » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:31 pm

I am new to the forum but I've tried to read up on this before asking a question! (I'm reposting this because I think I put it in the wrong place before...rookie mistake) :oops:

I am burning a Money Drawing candle for myself and my dear friend who is far away. I am placing money under them, dressing them, prayed Psalms 23 over them seven times each. Yesterday, not once but twice when I was saying other prayers, when I mentioned the words "confidence" and "belief in personal strength" with regard to readiness to accept abundance and handle it wisely, the flame in my friend's candle popped LOUDLY.

I know this is a spirit message and I personally believe her ex-husband has spoken such darkness into her life that she is crossed up and that has helped make this problem with her job and money her reality. He, on the other hand, just as she started going down, has suddenly started a new job and is now making at least three times what he was making. What can I recommend to her? My feeling from the popping was that she is the current source of the blockage in her life and if she cleanses and protects herself, she can move forward. But then it sounds a lot like a crossing too...Experts?

My candle, by the way, is burning evenly and without any noise or flame acrobatics. And, after two days of burning it over US money, one of my US debts was cancelled out of the blue! Now I've added Canadian money (where I live) and I am believing good things from that too!

RhiannonWyt

Unread post by RhiannonWyt » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:56 pm

I'm working a Black Bride & Groom candle as part of the Break Up Spell and noticed that the female was not melting as fast and since this target's Black Eve candle did not melt all the way down during a previous spell I followed Ms. Cat's advice and took the Bic version of a blow torch to her to make sure she melted.

I notice a run of wax that literally RAN away from the couple. Do I read this for what it would otherwise obviously indicate?
Rhiannon Wyt

JackieLove

Unread post by JackieLove » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:07 am

Hi viennayeung,

I am no expert, but i was always told that candles on honey jars are just for burning to heat up the petition to eventually get the results, and the candles and the resultant wax are not really for reading.

Maybe someone else can answer too.

JackieLove

veneredimilo
Newly Registered

Unread post by veneredimilo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:31 pm

I started a look me over work but i am using a 7 knob red candle, i anointed with look me over oil. As soon as i lit the candle, the flame was tall (i did not pour the oil, i used my finger to just anointed with not really much oil). The flame is also very bright yellow orange (i normally get a white yellow flame).... and the flame grew even taller, almost the size of my hand (i do have short hands) BUT still is a very tall flame, then i thought my candle was going to burn super fast (and so my spell was not going to last?) but on the contrary, the knob is still burning for an hour and a half and is not done yet (i am still waiting for the knob to end so i can pinch out the candle for tomorrow).

my question is: what is the meaning of a tall yellow orange flame :?:

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:08 am

yellow -- devotion, prayer, money (gold), cheerfulness, attraction
orange -- change of plans, opening the way, prophetic dreams

Flame colors follow the same color correspondences as candle colors
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour

So since you are doing a look me over candle I think your spell is going well so far and your desires are being manifested. You candle is beginning to manifest your desires of wanting other's to being attracted to you. The tall flame again your work is being heard, the spell is being successful thus far.

Again, its too early to tell how the overall spell will work for you considering this is only the 1st knob.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:47 am

Also from readings and personal use the seven knob candles, I wait until the candle finishes and read the signs left. Although I have attained my wish, the candles just burn badly good luck on your outcome.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

jadejenova

Unread post by jadejenova » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:54 pm

I burned my vigil candle and I have a few questions as to the results.

It was for to win the lottery (started it way before the mega millions hype but it finished the day before/ day of the last draw where everyone was buying a ticket..I'm not exactly sure which)

Candle flame stayed flickering the whole time even when the candle reached it's bottom so I know the spell had an effect on me or was affecting me.

Burned completely clear all the way through but had very little wax residue left near the bottom of the glass. It's not a ring of wax not even a half ring..i'd say a thin smudge just on one side.

All the herbs are burned up/dry looking at the bottom and I don't see any wax at the bottom either. Btw the herbs I used were chamomile and cinnamon in a yellow vigil candle...

So I'd say this was a successful burn..

Thoughts? Please?

***correction, had two very light rings near the bottom, had to pick up the glass to see it.. rings are very thin and seem to be broken in places.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:06 pm

jadejenova.

As you can see by this very long thread, into which i moved your query (from the Vigil Candles thread, which is about buying our candles) lots of people keep coming here and asking us to perform candle divinations for them, but we don't do that at the forum.

And notice that you didn't even burn a Lucky Mojo brand dressed candle -- just a yellow vigil light you bought and dressed with herbs. We cannot afford to spend time to read candles that we did not prepare and dress, that we cannot see but can only get an impression of through your written description. You are asking too much of us.

If you buy Lucky Mojo candles, we will dress them and ship them. We can send you an info sheet about reading candles or you can read about candle divination here:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

You can hire a reader to read your candle for you -- most of them charge about $10.00 - $30.00 for the service, and you would have to send them email photos of the candle.

Or we will burn a candle for you at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church and the candle servers will read the results of your candle and send you an email divination, which is included in the price of the work.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

pma

Unread post by pma » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 am

If a 4" candle dressed in LM oils is placed in a small custard sized pyrex dish ( about 4" wide and about 1.5" deep) with some cubeb berries, when it burns down to shorter than the top of the dish, would it be normal for the flame to dance a lot and let out smoke?

I've never burned a dressed 4" candle inside a small bowl like that, especially not with some hot berries. There was a lot of smoke but only once the candle burned down to lower than the edge of the bowl. The candle flame was tall but not terribly active until it was contained inside the bowl.

I'm trying to figure out if this was most likely a mundane condition and if a flame would just react that way when somewhat confined.
Thank you, St. Francis, for your protection.

RhiannonWyt

Unread post by RhiannonWyt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:39 am

pma -

My 4" candles have done that even without the berries. I always have them dressed with LM oils and some personal concerns when I can. My dish is not a small one either, probably about 8" across.

I would say that per the divination page on this site (and there are several links to it in this forum) that high flame is indicating the energy getting "through" and the target being affected.

Blessings,
Rhiannon Wyt

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”