• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:07 am

Capnomancy -- Divination Reading of Incense Smoke

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo incense powders, joss sticks, and natural botanical resin incenses in your spiritual practices.

Capnomancy -- Divination Reading of Incense Smoke

Unread postby vinavin21 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:59 am

is it possible to read incense smoke on the way it burns?
vinavin21

Re: Reading Incense Smoke

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:55 am

Yes, scrying and divination can be done with the smoke from incense, the way a candle burns, the smoke from a candle etc. Most would recommend that a light trance is required in order to use divination with smoke. Its a pretty subjective art, so it takes some time to develop a system for understanding the designs and signs.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby vinavin21 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:35 pm

Ok I'm burning my incense on this lover of mine and the way the smoke goes is straight up. Then there are times when it will burn with a swirl swaying back and forth. So how would one read that
vinavin21

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:49 am

There is no one way to read smoke. Smoke reading is a VERY abstract and intuitive art and will vary greatly from person to person - so there's no way for anyone to answer that question for you, unless they are a smoke-reader and were present during the burn. Unless you are gifted for that specific kind of divination, or have a mentor for that kind of thing I wouldn't worry about it. You'll just end up over-analyzing and over-thinking your work and weakening its overall effect because of it.

See this page at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers;

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... Divination
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:09 pm

If you are unfamiliar with that form of divination, either get familiar, or don't use it. Use whatever method of divination you are comfortable with and more important: familiar with.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby stelselv » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:53 am

Ok I'm burning my incense on this lover of mine and the way the smoke goes is straight up. Then there are times when it will burn with a swirl swaying back and forth. So how would one read that

I burnt incense too, it was a 13 herbs incense. Usually the smoke comes to me, or it goes to my candle, on the 10th day the smoke was swirling in circles, something I have never seen or experienced before.... I took it as a good sign. What and how you feel about your incence smoke is your own interpretation, your emotional guidance, your own understanding of the situation that you are in.

it should all be good for you.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
stelselv

Captnomancy Incense Smoke Divination Questions and Answers

Unread postby Khourrem » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:50 am

I'm sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere -- I looked, and the incense forum is rather small. (So I'll be even more embarrassed if it has been covered, of course.)

Since I'm focusing on learning ceromancy and doing candle work right now, this caught my interest. I had just cleansed my altar space thoroughly, replaced everything, and started burning a small cone of All Saints Incense. I looked over everything and said, "Look at that, all spanky clean." All satisfied and whatnot.

Then there was a loud "pop" from the incense, and ash blew all over my freshly cleaned space. :?

So I wiped off the ash, sprayed and wiped the surface again with dilute Florida Water, and added a little more incense to the pile. But, um? Is this common? I've never had this happen with incense.
Khourrem

Re: Reading Signs from the Incense Burn

Unread postby Devi Spring » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:21 am

My LM self-burning incenses very often pop like that. It's often to do with the herbs coming up against hot embers - if there is air trapped within a piece of herb, getting very heated can cause it to expand until it bursts like that.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Khourrem » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:02 am

So it's not necessarily a sign of anything except physics. :)
Khourrem

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:23 am

Self-lighting incense pops and sparks sometimes. Some however do read signs from the smoke.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Khourrem » Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:14 pm

Thanks; that's something interesting to pay attention to and consider.
Khourrem

Incense FLARED and shot sparks--what does this mean?

Unread postby sakura » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:00 pm

I have been using the self-lighting incenses from LM for at least a year, and while it usually pops and little sparks jump up, just now the weirdest thing happened. I was praying over two honey jars (one for love, one for fidelity) and a sugar jar (to get the bf to come clean about what he's up to), and I had a pot of incense burning, as I usually do. It contained attraction and love me incense as well as some cinnamon powder and catnip. I have burned this mix several times. Well, suddenly, the incense FLARED up several inches in a genuine flame and shot out a shower of sparks. Needless to say I was freaked out. Does this mean something?
sakura

Re: Incense FLARED and shot sparks--what does this mean?

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:30 pm

Perhaps your particular batch of incense happened to hit a saltpeter pocket, or perhaps it has a deeper meaning. What do you think it meant? You might want to think about getting a proper reading on the situation!

Good luck, thank you for sharing...

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Turnsteel » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:44 am

I was always told a flare up like that meant that spirits were near and heard your petition.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby sakura » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Oooh. I hope it will be answered then!
sakura

Is there a meaning associated with Smoke Rings

Unread postby Brida » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Hello Everyone!

Tonight, I set up a honey jar with a large red candle top, my business card with a medium green taper candle to the left of it. Between the two I took a candle snuffer and shaped an incense cone of Van Van, and another one of Crown of Success. I stacked the two cones on top of each other. I burned the incense first, then the red candle, followed by the green candle. The incense smoke was profound. More than I had EVER seen. The first few seconds that I was praying and watching it a perfect large smoke ring developed. I continued to watch, and a few seconds later two smaller smoke rings appeared as the incense continued to burn and smoke big time.

I looked everywhere, and could not find the meaning of smoke rings appearing.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

with prayers,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.
Brida

Re: Is there a meaning associated with Smoke Rings

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:17 pm

People use incense smoke to either scry, or to look for imagery and symbols not unlike wax divination. In the case of smoke making rings I'd indicate that it may symbolize a completion, or unification.

See this page at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers;

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:56 am

Three rings no less. Sounds like a good sign along the lines Conjureman mentioned. One major source of income and two minor probably.

//Dr. Johannes
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Faces in the Incense Smoke

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:14 am

I burned some LM Fast Luick Incense with some snake weed and other money drawing herbs. I burn this on my money alter and also keep my money lamp their. Well I wanted to take some pictures of the smoke just to see...As I held my Iphone the smoke was moving then it slowed down and I CLEARLY saw a mans face...the entire head including the ear! I kept taking pictures and downloaded them and realized there were 3 or 4 faces (1 child face) and 2 eagles. 1 of the birds was the head and neck like it was in flight dive to get something and the other was the entire body with wings spread out (both wings!)

What does it mean when you see images like this in smoke? What are others experience?

I had just seen 3 faces and a heart with a candle spell too. How do I attach pics? Would love to share.

Thanks!!
Scratchmade Sweets

Re: Faces in the Incense Smoke

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:19 am

Perhaps these are people that are going to help you in your work. In addition, perhaps your work is going to take flight. Honestly, I think that it would be best that you get a reading, and attach these pictures so that a rootworker can see what this means for you.

Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:05 pm

Im glad you are seeing signs. When you learned to interpret them you are a Reader, a Diviner, a Seer.
The hints are precisely what starsinthesky7 mentions. If you can make sense of them in relation to your work and what you many intuit or feel about them or other impressions you get, you know what they mean. Since you saw them they are either signs you ought to be able to interpret or they came about because Spirits took physical shape. I know any of my collegues would be able to interpret them well.

//Dr. Johannes
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:40 pm

I would like a reading but I am tight on funds now. Past due on house payment but...will catch up in a few weeks. I was concerned about some of the faces I saw. It was more that 4. I went back and looked. Some had grimaces and 2 had gold eyes. On one I could see the outline of the teeth and smiles looked weird on a couple. I wish I could do my own reading. I didn't get any bad vibes. I am pretty good at picking up bad spiritual vibes. Its a wierd and creepy feeling. I hope these are all good spirits or signs. Thank you both for your input!
Scratchmade Sweets

Unread postby Dr Johannes » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:08 pm

Add up what you wrote and consider it within the purpose of the spell. Eagles diving, faces with golden eyes...no bad vibes. Sounds like nice money signs to me.

//Dr. Johannes
Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:39 pm

I agree with Johannes. In addition, you can always get a reading through the radio show even though I am not sure they can see the actual pictures but perhaps just ask about the overall progress of your spell.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:05 am

I am glad to hear these are good signs! I felt that they were. I am still learning and trying to read up on spirits and guides so that I may better understand what I see. I recently saw a different type of spirit/sign...I am doing a reconciliation love spell and saw a colorful face in the water glass. It looked to have a tribal head dress that was orange and blue and gold with dark large eyes. There was also a smaller one above, that had light green/yellowish eyes. Those eyes were beautiful and I could even see the pupils. It was great to see them in form and not just as smoke images like the others but I wonder the difference between the two. I had only seen faces in smoke until now but to see a spirit in the water glass was phenomenal! THANK YOU BOTH!
Scratchmade Sweets

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:22 am

Best of life...
I think I have commented about your website before. That is AWESOME that you incorporate religious breads and magical treats! That is such a good idea and use of hoodoo cooking.

You should talk to Miss Cat or something about plugging you or something even just on the radio show.

Your cakes look SO good and I just love the idea and names. I am going to treat myself to one soon lol.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Scratchmade Sweets » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:41 am

Stars, thanks so much!! As far as the Hoodoo Baking Goes, Cat gave me the idea during a reading back in January. I would love to do more of that and get the products out there to more people. I've been wanting to send Cat some thank you cookies to enjoy with her tea. She is such a sweet lady and loves tea and cookies. I would offer a discount to all the LM folks but no avenue to do that just yet.

I will get in touch with Cat and see what she says. Can't wait til you try something. Warmest Regards to You!!
Scratchmade Sweets

Unread postby Brida » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:54 pm

Thank you both so much!!!

Conjure Man- Miss ya lil' bro! Hope all is well, and I promise not to be a stranger. I will email ya soon.

with prayers,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.
Brida

Unread postby whistler » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:05 pm

I just had something sort of strange happen as well. I was using one of those charcoal disks. It sparked, flared and then blew up. I was burning frankincense and myrrh resin while saying a novena. Has that ever happened to anyone else? my guess is the disk had a crack in it, but still. That was pretty trippy.
whistler

Unread postby Devi Spring » Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:54 am

Often the charcoal disks are unevenly coated with the gunpowder, and sometimes too much of it will get into a crack or pocket, and there will be a mini-explosion!
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby MissMichaele » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:49 am

We've found plausible "real" world explanations for the phenomena discussed here -- but Miss Cat taught me that those 3-D phenomena are signs in themselves. Why should there be a saltpeter pocket in your incense, or a gunpowder pocket on your charcoal, at that particular time? It has been said that in the world of the spirit, "all times are now," so the fact that that charcoal disc or packet of incense was manufactured months ago does not discount the significance of the flame and sparks at that moment.

So, did you pull any cards? swing your pendulum? look for shapes in candle wax?

Miss Michaele
For a reasonably priced, honest psychic reading RIGHT NOW, call HOODOO PSYCHICS at
1-888-4-HOODOO

http://forum.luckymojo.com/hoodoopsychics-com-instant-readings-from-members-of-airr-t16224.html
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby whistler » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:43 pm

I didn't want to read into it too much. I am pretty stressed out right now, and as the saying goes "if you hear hooves, don't immediately think of zebras." i just thought to let it go as a simple crack in the disk. But I did pull three cards after that, though. However, since I am new in this, my reading skills are near non-existant. The gist of it, from what i could gather, is that it's a good sign. What I am doing will work(it's for landing a decent job, btw), but i need to be patient and I think that I must be careful to either not be too ambitious, or do excessive work on the subject. The last card was the Devil, which I am still trying to figure out.

That being said, I could totally be off base. I do not have any money to spare at this moment in time, so I can't get a professional yes/no reading. I'm also not going to ask anyone to translate the cards for me as that comes across as sounding gaudy and wrong. So I am just going to finish with this prayer and hope for the best. If my chance I can scrape together enough funds to get a quick reading, I'll try.
whistler

Unread postby eleggua21 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:15 am

Loved your response Miss Michaele.

At a minimum, any phenomena like that deserves an investigation through divination, as the others have mentioned. That you tried to do so is wonderful.

I think it is great you are pressing on regardless of your monetary circumstances, Whistler.

Here are some ideas regarding the Devil card.

The Devil card can mean - illusion and oppression (among other things). So here are a few ideas, see if any apply... don't be overly concerned about money. Do make sure you are working diligently to get a job. Not having one can definitely make you feel oppressed. Check to be sure you are not just "going through the motions" but not really doing what it will take to get a job. See if you can look beyond the obvious - is there a job you have been overlooking that you could take immediately, even temporarily? Is there another strategy you could implement to find your new job that you have overlooked? Deep down, might you already know what to do and have been allowing the illusion that you need/want X type of job only when other possibilities are there for you?

See if anything above makes sense. The most important thing you can do is ponder it's meaning and decide what it means to you.

Remember, it is easier to go from strength to strength than from nothing to strength. If it were possible to get a job - ANY job - you could continue your looking from a sense of strength vs a sense of weakness/panic.

Of course, nothing beats getting a reading. And necessity is certainly the mother of invention. So keep learning how to read and when you can and the need arises, take advantage of getting a reading from someone you trust.

I hope this helps.
eleggua21

Unread postby whistler » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Thank you for your insight, eleggua2. I gathered ten quid up and booked a quick email reading with MissMichaele, however it hasn't come yet, but here's an update on my situation.

Last Thursday at about 10:45am, I fired off a resume to a place I was avoiding as I knew of a former coworker there. I really didn't want to work with this guy again as place we worked at was a really bad environment and just didn't want to deal with the memories. I really had to twist my own arm for me to do it. I had sent out about 50 resumes or so before sending this one out. At 11:30, the owner replies asking me me if I could come in for an interview. I managed to get there for a 1 o'clock interview and the person whom I was trying to avoid had actually the country almost 2 years ago. Come Monday, I send him an email asking if he made a decision yet and he replies asking me to come in this week. Today was my first day there.

It's cool I got the job but the real funsies to all this though is according to the guy I was working with today, he said on thursday morning he was talking with the owner and the owner said that he's going to have to hire another person right quick cause they are getting swamped. He goes to check his email and the first one that pops up was my resume.
whistler

Unread postby eleggua21 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:51 pm

Hi Whistler,

Excellent report. Looks like the Devil card did indeed shed some light on this.

Congratulations on getting the job.

I'm sure Miss Michaele can shed additional light on this for you.
eleggua21

Unread postby whistler » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Thanks again

I am really looking forward to the reading as some strange stuff continues to happen. The work I am doing on this is a 13 day novena and though I have a job now,I figured to finish the working til friday. The charcoal exploded again, but this time a chunk of it flew off and got wedged under the lip of a candle holder on my altar. I didn't notice this and so later when I was rearranging things, I noticed the pea-sized burnt out pit in the wood.

So I really have no idea what to make of this now and definately need some light shed upon it. And should possibly buy another pack of charcoals.
whistler

Incense and the fire and smoke meaning.

Unread postby Precise2 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:52 am

Is there a such thing as to many incense burnt with each other to make the spell more effective? And where can I find the meaning of the smoke color, the flame and duration of the fire and smoke before it goes out. How many times can I burn incense for love a day?
Precise2

Re: Incense and the fire and smoke meaning.

Unread postby aura » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:02 am

Hi Precise2,

as long as the intention/use of each of the incenses burnt work well together, there's no ''limit'' on how many you can burn in tandem. They won't necessarily make the spell more effective than burning a single blend however. Ditto on how many times a day you burn the incense. If you're doing some serious work, then 3x daily could work, but once a day when you burn a candle on a honey jar or work a bottle spell would be more usual.

Divination of incense burning is less flame-based and far more about capnomancy - divination of what you see in the smoke. It's an intuitive art, much like skrying that can be developed with practice.

Blessings and best of luck.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Re: Capnomancy -- Divination Reading of Incense Smoke

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:47 pm

For more on reading smoke, see this page at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers;

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby MissMichaele » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:32 pm

What Miss Cat said; and when you're getting used to a system as abstract as capnomancy, use a more familiar divination system for backup -- as a Rosetta Stone, so to speak.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
For a reasonably priced, honest psychic reading RIGHT NOW, call HOODOO PSYCHICS at
1-888-4-HOODOO

http://forum.luckymojo.com/hoodoopsychics-com-instant-readings-from-members-of-airr-t16224.html
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Priestess Divine » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:37 am

I always take pictures of the smoke to capture any signs that the spirits are trying to communicate. You will be surprised how much you can see in one shot! In my case, I capture not only smoke images but many other signs. It's amazing! But as stated, signs are very personal. Give the camera a shot. I think you will have great success.
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.
Priestess Divine

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to Incenses and Resins in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells