Violation of any of these rules can be expected to lead to the immediate suspension of your account and could lead to legal action being taken against you by appropriate authorities or aggrieved parties. Be aware that in exceptional circumstances the owners and operators of the Lucky Mojo Forum could be legally obliged to reveal your registration information and/or IP address to the authorities.
Please keep your contributions civil, tasteful, and relevant. The follow rule set should be considered applicable at all times:
- Keep your posts relevant. Posts which are not relevant to the particular subforum of thread on which they are posted lower the value of the conversation and may be removed.
- No defamatory comments. A defamatory comment is a slanderous comment that is capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organization. If slander does occur and you are successfully sued, you could be held liable for damages and costs.
- Do not post messages which are illegal, harassing, defamatory, or abusive. Posts which are threatening, injurious, obscene, irreverent, homophobic, or racially offensive are not permitted.
- Do not post text or images for which you do not own the copyright. The posting of copyright protected materials by individuals other than their owner can lead to serious legal action.
- Do not make multiple postings. Participants in this forum should keep the number of their contributions per debate to a reasonable level. Multiple posts from one individual, or a small number of individuals, discourages others who might otherwise wish to take part.
- No swearing. Please do not use profanities, vulgar language, or other words which may be offensive. This is the lowest form of mutual communication and debate.
- Do not spam or flood the boards. Do not repost the same message, or very similar messages, more than once.
- No messages in all capital letters. Internet convention considers this shorthand for raising your voice. You can make your point perfectly well in upper and lower case; please, do not post with your caps lock on.
- Post in English only. Posts which are primarily written in languages other than English may be removed. Common greetings and salutations in languages other than English are acceptable.
- Do not post another's personal information. The publication of anyone else's personal contact information is not acceptable. This includes, but is not limited to: their name, physical address, place of employment, name of educational establishment, telephone/mobile number, and email address.
- No impersonating. Impersonating individuals living or dead (including other members) is unacceptable and will result in immediate removal from this forum.
- No inappropriate usernames. Vulgar, offensive, racially offensive, or inappropriate usernames will not be tolerated and such will be removed from the forum.
- No advertising, promotion of products, or offers for services. This forum is an extension of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company and is not an appropriate venue for the advertising of other companies, web sites, businesses or services.
- Do not incite people to commit any crime. This shall include incitement to violence, fraud, and religious or racial hatred.
- Avoid contempt of court. This means not posting anything that risks prejudicing ongoing or forthcoming court proceedings.
- Avoid breaking a court injunction. Do not name an individual or speculate as to their current location after a court has issued an injunction against doing so.
- No market abuse. With respect to trading in stocks, bonds, and securities, the transmission of non-public information is prohibited as are all comments that are designed to, or may, impact share price or make recommendations on investments.
- No multiple memberships. Please do not create more than one membership. It is unfair to other users who only have one membership and abide by the posting and recommendation limit.
- Do not abuse the complaints system. The complaints system exists to enable visitors to alert the forum moderators about content which breaks the above rules. Please do not use the complaints system to alert us to personal issues, spelling mistakes, etc. Any individual abusing the complaints system repeatedly may have their account suspended.
Copyright and the Law
You own the copyright on your postings, articles and pictures, but you also agree to grant the Lucky Mojo Curio Company a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any such work worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content.
If you do not wish to grant such rights to the Lucky Mojo Curio Company, it is suggested that you do not submit your contribution to this site.
By submitting your contribution to this site, you also warrant that such contribution is in agreement with the following:
You agree to indemnify the Lucky Mojo Curio Company against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by the Lucky Mojo Curio Company as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
You also agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Lucky Mojo Curio Company sites and the other purposes specified above.
You may not post any defamatory or illegal material of any nature. This includes text, graphics, video, and/or audio. Posting a message with the intention of committing or condoning an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights.
You can read more about copyright at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copyright. If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere on this site relating to specific material then the latter shall prevail.
Violation of any of the rules above may lead to your membership account being permanently terminated. The Lucky Mojo Forum owners and operators additionally reserve the right to terminate any membership account, at any time for any reason at their sole discretion. If your account is terminated, returning to the site by creating another account will constitute a further offense and will result in your IP address being blocked permanently. The Lucky Mojo Forum owners and operators reserve the right to delete any posting, at any time, for any reason, and are under no obligation to publish any work submitted.