Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Saint Valentine

All about Lucky Mojo religious supplies, church goods, and altar tools, plus prayers to God, angels, spirits, saints, and deities.
Witchyone

Saint Valentine

Unread post by Witchyone » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:32 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this has posted elsewhere, but if it has been, then I'd like to apologize for the repost.

I've looked around the forums and have come across other saints but I haven't come across much on Saint Valentine. I'd like to work with him but I'm not sure when his day of the week is, what his candle color is, and what his prayers he has...in short, I'm seeking his information.

Does anyone have any info on Saint Valentine, or atleast have any idea where on the forums to try? I've performed the search but only came up with a thread regarding him and Saint Raphael and if I'm not mistaken, Saint Valentine was lightly mentioned without much info.

Thank you in advance.
Thank you Saints Martha, Joseph, Anthony, and Expedite for blessing all aspects of my life.

Tristan
Re: Saint Valentine

Unread post by Tristan » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Hey there witchyone,

Well, the first problem is that it is there are a number of saints named Valentine or Valentinus and there’s little information about any of them. The attribution (or conflation) of romantic elements to the story of one St. Valentine came relatively late (thanks to Chaucer, if I remember) and the feast day, February 14th, was actually removed from the General Roman Calendar by the Catholic Church.

Personally, I’ve never met someone who worked with St. Valentine. For drawing romantic love, the most commonly petitioned saints I learned to work with are the Archangel Raphael, St. Catherine, and St. Anthony. Other saints may be petitioned to dominate a wondering lover or make them more docile, such as SS. Helena and Martha. For a marriage proposal or a couple trying to conceive, St. Anne is often petitioned.

So, while St. Valentine is certainly regarded highly as the patron of love in popular culture, he isn’t really called upon as a performer saint in folk magic. At least, this has been my experience.

Now of course, this isn’t to say that you couldn’t work with St. Valentine if you chose to.

I’ve never assigned saints to a particular day, but I suppose if you wanted to, Friday would be a good day for St. Valentine. Friday is the day of Venus, associated with love. For candle colours, I would say white or perhaps pink. You could dress them with All Saints oil or a love oil. I think Love Me or Chuparrosa oil would be great ideas. Decorating an altar with roses and offering rose water might be something worth considering. General prayers can be found easily using a search engine such as Google.

If you happen across any other information about working with St. Valentine, please come back and post your findings. I’d be really interested in reading them.

Take care witchyone,
Tristan

Witchyone

Unread post by Witchyone » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Ah, thanks ever so much, Tristan. I will focus my efforts towards working with Archangel Raphael, or perhaps both Archangel Raphael and Saint Catherine after enough research on her has been conducted.

Thank you again, Tristan.
Thank you Saints Martha, Joseph, Anthony, and Expedite for blessing all aspects of my life.

Tristan

Unread post by Tristan » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:03 pm

You're welcome, witchyone. Best of luck to you! :D

Witchyone

Unread post by Witchyone » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:34 am

Thanks, Tristan. If I find anything more, I'll let you know :)

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Religious Goods and Altar Tools in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure”