Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Salt Lamp Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
natalieshop
Forum Member

Salt Lamp Questions and Answers

Unread post by natalieshop » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:37 am

I am very curious to know if salt lamps can be used in hoodoo and for what, how? if they are good or bad to have functioning in you home? according to feng shui they suck out any good energy in the home but then again I have never herd o them being used in hoodoo work- does any one know?? thanks...

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: salt lamp?

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:01 pm

Salt lamps are not used in traditional hoodoo. As you stated, they are used in feng shui, but I don't think that they "suck out any good energy in the home." Salt, however, has great importance. Does anyone here use these in their homes?
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

SeleneAnna

Unread post by SeleneAnna » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:10 pm

I don't know about magical uses, but when I put them around my home I noticed a drastic reduction in migraines. I swear by them for that!

natalieshop
Forum Member

Unread post by natalieshop » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:32 pm

yes, thank you that is why I bought mine- they are very good for improving health conditions...but I just wanted to know if there where any benefits in hoodoo for the use of these :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:13 pm

I have not used a salt lamp, but I have learned several methods where salt is useful. Its very powerful stuff...and does what you ask. Its my go-to for cleansing and protection.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

LongIslandConjure
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by LongIslandConjure » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:41 pm

Funny I was at a local store on a lunch break a few months ago and bought a salt lamp on a whim. It is in my office at work and I turn it on every day I am there. Lots of positive responses from others and it's super soothing to look at.
HRCC Student #1791G

natalieshop
Forum Member

Unread post by natalieshop » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:25 pm

great idea on using it for protecting your home, clever use...I wonder if it can be fed and or anointed with oils like protection?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Salt Lamp Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:12 pm

We sell salt lamps at Lucky Mojo:

ALT-LIT-SA78
Rock Salt Lamp, 7-6", Natural-Rough
$40.00

and

ALT-LIT-SASP
Rock Salt Lamp, Sphere-Globe
$50.00

catherine yronwode

LongIslandConjure
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by LongIslandConjure » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:19 pm

Lucky Mojo blows my mind. Thanks Miss Cat!
HRCC Student #1791G

LeChatNoir
Forum Member

Unread post by LeChatNoir » Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:48 am

:lol: ~~~BAM!~~~~~ see?? why would you need to go anywhere else?! Lucky Mojo has it ALL!
You all have inspired me to annoint mine as that was something I hadn't thought of doing....

robin632
Newly Registered

Unread post by robin632 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:44 pm

How do Himalayan Salt Lamps Work?
Water vapour is always circulating in the air of any room of your house. This water vapour carries with it allergens like dust, pollen, pet dander, smoke particles, and even bacteria and viruses.

Salt is hygroscopic, meaning it attracts water molecules from the surrounding air. A large block of rock salt, like a Himalayan salt lamp, is especially attractive to water vapour and its pollutants.

Once attracted to the salt lamp, these microscopic compounds remain on the salt and not floating in the air where you can breathe them in.

As Himalayan salt lamps slowly become saturated with water vapour they attract from the air around them, the heat, from the lamp inside or beneath, dries them, thus continuing the hygroscopic effect for as long as the light is on.

This heat also re-releases water vapour back into the air. Importantly, any airborne contaminants attracted to the salt lamp remain trapped there and will not become airborne again.

Occasionally, perhaps every few weeks, it’s good to turn off your salt lamp for an hour, let it cool and then gently rub it with a damp cloth to clean away trapped dust and particles. The rest of the time just leave it on and let it work to clean their air in your room.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”