Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Santisima Muerte Novena Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
PlagueJester
Forum Member

Santisima Muerte Novena Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by PlagueJester » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:16 pm

In work with candles, are the candles themselves blessed for the work, or during the work?

And, more importantly, do you guys bless them before shipping them out? I ask because I plan on ordering a couple Santisima Muerte candles, and I'd much rather do any blessing myself (as the image works fine, but I have no intention of working with Santisima Muerte.)

And, as it'll be the same question elsewhere, I'll ask it here. The same with the statues? I want the statue of Santisima Muerte with the seeds, but I don't want a statue dedicated to her.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: Santisima Muerte Novena Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:39 pm

1. The candles are blessed for the work they are intended for, unless you ask for them not to be and let the Lucky Mojo staff know you will be dressing them yourself. I bless my candles and empower them before I work a spell, but continue to "work" them through the time it takes to complete the burn or the spell.

2. If you have no intention of working with Santisima Muerte might I suggest you just purchase the plain red (or different colored) candles? This may suit your works better.

3. I have no idea what you are asking with this last question. You want the statue specifically of Santisima Muerte with the seeds, but not one that is dedicated to her? I'm not sure how to answer that or advise. Can you be a little clearer as to your intentions?
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

PlagueJester
Forum Member

Unread post by PlagueJester » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:02 pm

1. Thank you! I will make sure to put notes at the bottom of my order that I'd like to bless them myself.
2. No, because the image doesn't portray the sex, so it works fine.
3. This is your saint: "Saint Death" and this is mine: "San La Muerte."

Thank you so much for the help, Joseph :)

Kyle

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:15 pm

I see. Thank you for clearing that up. Good luck!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

PlagueJester
Forum Member

Unread post by PlagueJester » Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:19 pm

Thanks! I was a bit nervous about clearing it up (which is why I was as vague as possible until being asked specifically to be less vague :P). I've tried plenty of "occult forums" without much caring for the members. Many people tend to use them as role playing devices, or simply to prove how "evil" and "misunderstood" that they are by their parents. :lol:

So, I can ask for the statue to come unblessed as well?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:56 am

PlagueJester --

This is not an "occult forum," actually -- it is an outreach program of our shop, and the shop has been around since the mid 1990s, so we have quite a community of clients and customers whom we serve. We are not into role-playing, but seek to be of service to folk-magic practitioners from around the world and from many cultures.

Some of the Santa Muerte / San La Muerte statues we have are hand-made, some are factory made. Some are male-looking, some female-looking, and some are quite gender neutral. We sell a wide variety. The ones with the seeds in the bottom tend to be from the Mexican tradition, hence female, but we have so many variants, there is a lot to choose from. We have ones with wings, that look like angels, some holding miniature scythes, some with the Owl... many types. We do not bless statues unless you ask. However, depending upon the culture from which they come and the place they are made, it is safe to say that some hand-made statues are blessed by their makers, and we cannot undo a blessing that a statue-maker put on a statue.

As for the candles, we dress and bless them for the work of the client, UNLESS otherwise requested. If you request "no blessing," you will get none, but the candle will still be appropriately dressed. If you request "no dressing, but please bless the candle, we will do exactly that. If you request "no blessing and no dressing," the candle will come undressed and unblessed. All of the work is individually crafted to suit our clients, so just ask, and we will try to meet your needs.

CAN-GLC-SMUE
Santisima Muerte (Santa Muerte, Holy Death) Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

Good luck in all your works.
catherine yronwode

PlagueJester
Forum Member

Unread post by PlagueJester » Wed May 16, 2012 10:28 am

Oh wow! I didn't see all of those statues in the store! The one with the scythe would be most ideal! Do you guys make those yourself, or are those factory made? And I didn't mean to imply that I thought this was an occult forum. Only that I had wandered to many of them and did not like what I found. I've visited many more posts than my own and have really enjoyed what I've learned here. As while as randomly moving around the store looking at items.

Thanks so very much!
Kyle

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 16, 2012 10:45 am

Kyle,

The statues are "factory made" -- but not in the sense you are probably using that term. They are cast in resin and hand-painted and made in limited runs. When a run sells out, it is rarely, if ever, recast.

The candles we stock, on the other hand, are permanently available, because we design and print our own labels on demand and dress the candles when orders are placed by our customers. Thus they never become unavailable.
catherine yronwode

Jayknoe13
Forum Member

Unread post by Jayknoe13 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:20 am

I want to build a relationship with Santisima Muerte but I don’t know how to even start it like I feel so drawn to her when I read about her when I’m anxious and it calms and soothe me do I just pray to her do I have to ground and center myself before talking to her since I never really did a spell before what do I do to see if she would be fine with building a relationship

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:27 am

Hello Jayknoe13,

If you want to know whether La Santisima Muerte wants to build a relationship with you, I think it would be a good idea to get a reading on the subject:

http://hoodoopsychics.com/
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”