Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Seals of Solomon and Moses Questions and Answers

How to select, dress, fix, empower, and employ Lucky Mojo magical amulets, charms, seals, papers, talismans, and jewelry.
airofwealth
Forum Member

Re: Seals of Solomon and Moses Questions and Answers

Unread post by airofwealth » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:29 pm

So can you for example take a the seal and instead of writing a petition on the back place like a drawn check up to place under the seal? And if you can do that do you turn the check down where the face is facing the table and the seal is looking up?

Thanks

Abraxas wrote:Yes Gbenson, that is a perfectly adequate way to handle the seals from where I'm standing. Being hoodoo, mixed with a bit of old school grimorie you're using some of the basic technique behind symbol creation and carrying and working out the minute details for yourself.
The specifics are what you would alter:
Candle color, burn time, oils, herbs, etc would need to all align with your intent.
g;luck

NicholasGray
Newly Registered

Unread post by NicholasGray » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:28 am

The Key of Solomon explains the following that you should really know about seals. I've worked with the seals of Solomon for a very long time.

[long article from a copyright protected source deleted due to plagiarism and copyright violations.]

The seals of Solomon cant just be made whenever with whatever either. Parchment paper works, but it's calves skin that it supposed to be on for maximum effectiveness. Written in Dove's Blood Ink or Dragon's Blood Ink on parchment according to the seals effects.

I just saw this topic while looking for something online and thought that it was crazy not to know that stuff or at least find a good translation of The Key of Solomon, and read it, before making the seals or you're not going to get the desired effect. I've tried and experimented a hundred ways with them and seriously, ya' gotta make 'em right. :)

Seeyas.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:04 pm

Conjure doctors have been working with the Seals of Solomon for a long time with immense effectiveness. Such is their results that today the Goetic world turns to hoodoo to attempt to recapture some sense of effective magick.

Conjure's relationship to the seals are different than a ceremonial magicians who's focus on requirements and ritual take a different direction then the direct relationship of the conjurer with the spirits they work. As such the seals are used differently since the relationship is different. We've found effective magic without the need for ceremony and devotion to incomplete instructions in antiquated grimoires.

As a practitioner of the Goetia and hoodoo I can say that conjure doctors have been making " 'em right" for quite some time.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:09 pm

Well said ConjureMan Ali! I've been trying to tell a friend that for a while now. The seals themselves have power, by their very nature, their geometry they serve as almost a beacon for certain forces and spirits. Making them according to the old Solomonic tricks works, but so does dressing them with oil, putting them in mojo hands, or burning a candle on top of them. I have found them to be very potent and welcomed additions to different workings.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 pm

Indeed, Turnsteel. ;-)

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:41 pm

This is really off the wall, but is there any record traditionally or perhaps in current practice of applying seals and sigils or other marks to a client with henna or some other temporary method. I think it would be a great practice to apply a Solomonic seal to a client with henna.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:52 pm

I would be cautious about applying such seals as they are the signature of spirits, by marking that on the body you are marking that person for the spirit.

Some people in various traditions will make vows to spirits that if they help then they will tattoo that spirit's signature on their body. This is common among some Mexican practitioners who will get tattoos of the saint that comes through for them. Two of the more common tattoos these days are the Virgin or Santisima Muerte.

mellowwitch
Forum Member

Unread post by mellowwitch » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Hi folks. I'm looking for a guide, or a book, something, that would contain a collection of sigils or symbols and their meanings that can be carved into candles, drawn on things, etc. Looking for hoodoo/voodoo/and other traditions. So far, the only symbols I can find have been interspersed throughout books, never really collected, and I cant find a good collection. Anybody know if a collection like this exists and possibly where I can find or buy something like this?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:16 am

Hi mellowwitch,

LM has the seals from the Greater Key of Solomon & the 6th and 7th Book of Moses, printed on parchment with instructions for use. They're wonderful sets. There in the Occult Book-shop section at the very bottom: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html

Any of the many books on amulets and charms (the very top of the Occult Book-shop section) will also have a cross-historical assortment of different symbols you could use.

Finally, the LM Lucky Amulet Archive is a veritable store-house of illustrations and information that may contain some inspiration in your research: http://www.luckymojo.com/luckyw.html

Blessings and best of luck.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:43 pm

Good point, ConjureMan Ali - I knew you would have the scoop on the spirits. I got turned onto a Kaballistic concept called the 72 Names of G-d which are three letter glyphs derived from a certain piece of scripture. Then of course I run afoul of the Jewish prohibition of tattooing... maybe planetary seals? Thanks for the insight, I'll continue my search.

goldentouch97
Forum Member

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:34 pm

I wanna know if LUCKY CHARMS, PROTECTIVE AMULETS, TALISMANIC JEWELRY, and RELIGIOUS MEDALS can protect me from FREEZER SPELLS,charm,black magic,spell for domination etc ... who can help me here ?

ProfessorAmes
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by ProfessorAmes » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:59 pm

That is the purpose of all of those - to protect you or to help you gain favor from whatever spirit or saint they are associated with.

While they help, if you think you're being worked on, a divination from one of the AIRR members would be a good way to tell and they could also help you choose some counter-magic to take it off and protect yourself. I think talismans and such are really great as a first line of defense. Some of them are really beautiful and fashionable even, so it makes wearing them publicly a lot easier.

Lord SP
HRCC Student

Unread post by Lord SP » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Get you some Lucky Mojo Reversing Oil and make you a sator seal.Sator seal is known to be protective and remove jinxes five spot it with that Reversing Oil and whooo..I made one with High John the Conqueror Oil one time and I must say did I ever have my way. Good Luck and hope this helps...

goldentouch97
Forum Member

Unread post by goldentouch97 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:51 am

I am drawn by the differents salomon seals.

fivesight
Forum Member

Unread post by fivesight » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:52 pm

Since the books from which the seals come usually give the names of attending spirits (angels, intelligences etc.) is it a good idea to add a seal that matches the intention to a honey jar or bottle spell, in the same way that it would be added to a mojo bag?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:00 pm

That would be a very good way to work fivesight :)
Aura Laforest

mellowwitch
Forum Member

Unread post by mellowwitch » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:34 pm

Howdy folks,

I like using sigils and symbols (like for fertility, money) a lot in my workings but can't seem to find a good source for hoodoo or sigils from other traditions. Anybody know a good book or source?

Thanks!

Josh

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:35 pm

In the Hoodoo Tradition it has been known that some workers have used the seals from the 6th & 7th Book of Moses as well as The The Key of Solomon the King. These seals have various areas of influence you may be interested in checking out. There is also the Success Sigil which is personally my favorite as well as many others. Hope that points you in the right direction. Blessings.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Yoseph
Forum Member

Unread post by Yoseph » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Alot of good work on this thread. " Where's the Like Button " ?

Y.

GYPSY
Newly Registered

Unread post by GYPSY » Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 pm

BLESS BE 2 all. Iam usein seals now the first 1 i did, my candle got blowed out .so i burned it & throw the ashes outside. now iam startin a new 1!!! :D :D . Did u consecrating the seal first? U do a prayer like 3 times 2 the seal.I read ANNA RIVA book on MAGICAL SEALS & it helped me alot :lol: .All the question u have this book may answer them.GOOD LUCK,(GYPSY)

rgnldcrz53
Newly Registered

Unread post by rgnldcrz53 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Hi,

i'm interested in purchasing seals " Solomon talisman and 7, 8, 9 of Moses talisman" both or only one for attracting wealth, work and starting a business not to be scammed. and that King Solomon picture on paper (to be burned).
any advice highly appreciated..thanks. :lol: :lol:

Regi

rgnldcrz53
Newly Registered

Unread post by rgnldcrz53 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi,
can i use the seal of Solomon and /or Seal of Moses for asking help in winning lotto 649? or perhaps the picture of King Solomon paper to be burn.
than :lol: ks

Regi

brthrchristopher
HRCC Student

Unread post by brthrchristopher » Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:17 pm

I would recommend the 4th seal of Jupiter from the Greater Key of Solomon. In the Key of Solomon it reads:The Fourth Pentacle of Jupiter.--It serveth to acquire riches and honour, and to possess much wealth.

From the sixth book of Moses, the Second Seal given in the chapter titled "The Mystery of the Second Seal" would probably benefit you.

In the 7th book of moses, you might choose "The Sixth Table of Jupiter"

trenia30
Forum Member

Unread post by trenia30 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to use the king solomon seal's. Any help would really be great!! Thanks!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Hi, Michael B,

Because you posted your question in a new topic thread, it seems that you missed this already-extant topic thread on the seals of Solomon and Moses -- so i have merged your question into the long-running thread.

Start by reading from the top of the thread, and when you get down here, it could be that your question will have already been answered. If you still have questions then, ask okay! We are here to help.

Good luck and God bless.
catherine yronwode

Witchyone
Forum Member

Unread post by Witchyone » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:32 pm

I'm definitely interested in working with this type of magickal square. But is there a specific way to write the words in the square out? In other words, is there a specific sequence in which to write this, as it pertains to magickal use of the charm or intention? I ask because I figured his was an all purpose charm and I wanted to use it for protection, but I don't know if I should just begin writing it out from left to right or....what.
Thank you Saints Martha, Joseph, Anthony, and Expedite for blessing all aspects of my life.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:48 pm

Hello, Witchone,
Have you read this webpage??
www.luckymojo.com/powwows.html
Hope this helps.
Also, I merged your post to the appropriate sub forum. There might be answers here also. I did see a post about the Sator Square on one of these pages.
After reading and you still have questions, please let us know. They're pretty easy to make (and fun).
Take care

starmagicgirl
Forum Member

Unread post by starmagicgirl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:43 am

Dear all,

Can you please advise, my brother has a seal of Jupiter engraved on a silver necklace, it was consecrated and charged in an appropriate way. It's worn all the time and has worked great.

Question is:
As its worn all the time, although he'll take it off if having a bath - it has recently got really wet as he does alot of water sports. Will it de-charge if it gets wet?
I assumed it would not - as I personally have blessed/charged seals placed in blessed-water and one in a prosperity oil. However even though these are in water or liquid - these still work great?

Any guidance to confirm Im right - or if not - any advise to how to do a quick re-charge of Jupiter seal - most kindly received :)

many thanks
Starmagic Girl

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:24 am

Hi starmagicgirl,

We don't ''charge'' seals (or anything else for that matter) in Hoodoo. We simply pray our petition and usually some Biblical Scripture appropriate to our cause. ''Charging'' is a term usually used within the context of neo-pagan or Wiccan systems. If this is the paradigm you are working within, consider finding a Forum on that topic since practitioners here are versed to answer your questions in African American folk magic.

Alternatively, you could consult one of the AIRR members in magical coaching that works within the neo-pagan and/or Wiccan systems: http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... _Tradition
Aura Laforest

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:59 am

If it was consecrated using traditional European or Mediterranean Planetary magic a bit of water will not damage a silver talisman.

If it was consecrated using traditional conjure and hoodoo with oils and prayers a bit of water will not damage a silver talisman.

starmagicgirl
Forum Member

Unread post by starmagicgirl » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:33 am

ConjureMan Ali wrote:If it was consecrated using traditional European or Mediterranean Planetary magic a bit of water will not damage a silver talisman.

If it was consecrated using traditional conjure and hoodoo with oils and prayers a bit of water will not damage a silver talisman.
Thank you "ConjureMan Ali" and "Aura" too, for your guidance. Just for info - I had used LM oils, psalms, prayers and traditional hoodoo... my mistake for using the wrong wordings - in that my prayers/psalm etc - being a ''charging" .. oops

Much respect for your replies :~)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:21 pm

I wear my Silver Dime at all times, even while in the shower. It has been working very well for me.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:08 pm

Hi everyone.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with using the Key of Solomon? Particularly, the third key. I am going to print it from online, state my intention and burn it in the fire. Does anyone have other ways to use it? Or does anyone have any experience at all with using it?

I am also thinking about printing one out, writing my intention on it and always keeping it on me, since I do not have a talisman (nor the funds currently, but I pray I do soon). I am not sure if this is an effective way to use it.

Thank you

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:46 pm

Hello, niyoru ,

I just moved and merged your post to the subforum that has answers to your query.

If you go the right hand corner of any page on the forum, you will see a white search box in the dark green area. Type in your key words and you'll be directed to he appropriate place.

And I did see answers to your question on page one of this thread.

Good Luc!

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:32 pm

ok now i see. I should have done a search for the key of solomon, instead of a particular seal.

Another unanswered question, if i'm putting it under a candle, would i fold it as any other petition paper, or leave the seal face up?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:00 pm

Hello, Niyori,

I personally leave them unfolded and face up.

But every rootoworker does things differently. This is my personal preference.

Wishing you success with this

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:06 am

thank you

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:21 pm

I just read through what CMA posted and would like some clarification.

So, I don't need to use The Oration and versicles/verses associated with the pentacles, nor the other parts of the ritual that go along with it?

I was thinking about using them with Psalms 23, but there are a series of Psalms associated with using them.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:01 pm

Hello, niyoru,

Where's the post?

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:35 pm

ConjureMan Ali wrote:Conjure doctors have been working with the Seals of Solomon for a long time with immense effectiveness. Such is their results that today the Goetic world turns to hoodoo to attempt to recapture some sense of effective magick.

Conjure's relationship to the seals are different than a ceremonial magicians who's focus on requirements and ritual take a different direction then the direct relationship of the conjurer with the spirits they work. As such the seals are used differently since the relationship is different. We've found effective magic without the need for ceremony and devotion to incomplete instructions in antiquated grimoires.

As a practitioner of the Goetia and hoodoo I can say that conjure doctors have been making " 'em right" for quite some time.
Turnsteel wrote:Well said ConjureMan Ali! I've been trying to tell a friend that for a while now. The seals themselves have power, by their very nature, their geometry they serve as almost a beacon for certain forces and spirits. Making them according to the old Solomonic tricks works, but so does dressing them with oil, putting them in mojo hands, or burning a candle on top of them. I have found them to be very potent and welcomed additions to different workings.
it's these two here higher up on this page.

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:13 am

Thank-you, niyoru!
Member of AIRR
Member of Hoodoo Psychics
Call 1-888-4-HOODOO Ext: 9000

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:16 am

lol what did i do? i still need help! :)

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:21 am

You reposted answers from ConjureMan Ali and Turnsteel.
I found them very informative.

What is your question?
Member of AIRR

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:27 am

The answer you're looking for is in ConjureMan Ali and Turnsteel's posts.
Reread them.
Member of AIRR

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:49 am

ok i just wanted to be sure i wasn't missing anything.

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:03 am

You're doing fine, niyoru! :)
Member of AIRR

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:27 pm

What about writing the name of God on the back in a circle? Would I treat this like any other petition paper and write my name instead or cross my petition with my name? Or is writing the name of God still a good practice?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Hello, niyoru ,

If this were me, I would just write my petition and name on the back side. Not the front I would write my petition around the seal I the front.

But that's what I would do.

Take care

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:53 am

When you write your name, do you write it in a circle? There are so many ways, I'm not fully sure what they all are. Can you tell me some ways to write my name?

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:04 am

hello niyoru,

Were it me I would put my petition on the back of the seal and then cross it with me name. I personally would not write on the side that has the seal. I think Miss Aida was saying you could write your name or your petition around the outside of the seal if you wanted. You are right that there are lots of ways to write petition papers. My advice is just stick with what is simple. Hope this is helpful.

Peace~

Nathen

niyoru
Forum Member

Unread post by niyoru » Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:53 pm

So just right my name around the petition or cross it with my name. Great, thank you.

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:59 am

I have a Crown Royal bag that I use to carry some curios (pocket piece, jackball, etc), and want to carry a seal in either that bag, the flannel bag containing my jack ball, or both. When you're carrying them on your person this way, or in a mojo bag, is there anything wrong with folding them up? I also thought of folding it up along with the wishpaper in my JB flannel bag.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:00 pm

Hello, Santiago ,

I personally don't like to fold mine but some rootworkers do.

Take care

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:03 am

Thank you Miss Aida. I have a metal tin that I use to carry some rattlesnake rattles. I might put the seal in there. If some people put the seals in bags, how do some of you keep them from being folded up, creased, or anything like that when they're in the bag.

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:39 am

Hi Santiago,

You would have to make the seal small enough to fit in the tin or the bag.

Hope this helps!
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:27 am

Santiago,

Go to a store with a copy machine they have the option to shrink down photos and images and you can make it small enough to fit into the tin with the rattle. You can laminate it as well and cut it out so it will be more durable.

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:22 pm

I know where to go now. Thank you all very much!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:54 pm

Just for the record, the question itself -- how to avoid folding the seal for use in a hand -- is a bit of a non-starter because many people write on the seal and use it as a petition paper and then fold it, just the way you fold a petition paper. I have seen (and purchased) many dozens of bags with seals in them since the 1960s, and they all were folded.

For use in a flat, circular tin, however, i would hand-copy or photocopy it small enough to press-fit inside the tin.
catherine yronwode

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:18 am

Thank you again Miss Cat! :) I guess it looks like I'm redoing my petition paper!!

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:06 pm

I printed up the 1st Pentacle of the Sun and I placed it in the middle of three candles, one orange, yellow and green each one dressed with a different oil blend ranging from attraction, cos, ksw, money draw, solomon seal root, jtc, van van, african ju ju, and special oil #20. Each candle only had 3-4 oils per blend and all were dusted with $$ draw, attraction, cos, & prosperity powders - along with parsley and cinnamon.

After the candles have burnt down, I"ll dress the seal with solomon seal root one more time and dress it also with the same powders. Then it'll go into my rattler tin

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Amulets, Charms, Seals, Papers, and Jewelry in Hoodoo”