• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:07 am

Setting Candles in a Triangular Shape

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.

Re: Burning two candles at the same time?

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:17 pm

Yes i am assuming you are uncrossing yourself, and reversing back the effects to the person or for what happened. So yes that is completely fine.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:30 pm

Yes, that is fine. Hopefully the candles are part of a larger work - such as cleansing baths, etc. :)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:38 pm

I agree with the previous posters; you definitely should follow with appropriate cleansing.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby hello » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:49 am

yep i have following baths afterward and other stuff up my sleeve, haha :)
thanks for the replies.
hello

Unread postby hello » Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:56 am

OOOOOH i have another question...yea i have never consecutively burned any type of candle for a number of days or at least not burned any that were considered to be "dark work"...since this is kind of dark work (the reversing part) am i supposed to cleanse my house EVERYTIME after i'm done lighting it? or just AFTER i'm done with the WHOLE candle? same goes for protection....I have fiery protection incense and oil, would that be okay to use BEFORE lighting the candles as protection for myself?
hello

Setting candles in a triangular shape

Unread postby jacqui » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Can anyone help me with this?

Why would someone burn the black cat and crossing and road opener candles together in a triangle?

Jacqui 8-)
jacqui

Re: black cat / crossing / road opener candles together?

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Few folks would burn them together --

Black Cat is for gambling luck,

http://luckymojo.com/products-black-cat.html

Crossing is to harm someone,

http://luckymojo.com/products-crossing.html

and Road Opener is to remove blocakges.

http://luckymojo.com/products-road-opener.html

Read about them on their own pages:
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: black cat / crossing / road opener candles together?

Unread postby jacqui » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:46 pm

thank you catherine
jacqui

A triangle of candles

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:01 pm

I'm about to burn 3 candles together. A road opener, Reconciliation, and a Return to me candle. does it matter which candle is at the point of the triangle and does it matter which of the other 2 candles go? Also should I light the candle going clockwise?

Thanks.
Tabbylove17

Re: A triangle of candles

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 pm

I like placing Road opener at the top (point if using triangle); than I would place the Return to Me to the Right and Reconciliation to the left. Light the Road opener first, next, Return to Me and Reconciliation; clockwise. That's my take, but others may differ. Remember workers work differently.

I am moving this post to ritual candle discussions, because you are specifically asking a question about a candle ritual.

Good Luck in your work Tabbylove17!
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:56 pm

O, well thank you I think I will do that. I was not sure which side I wanted the return to me or the reconciliation, so I had to ask. Thanks for moving the post.

One more question? Should I put a picture of us in the center of the triangle? You know what? I think I will.

Thanks for your thoughts.
:mrgreen:
Tabbylove17

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:03 pm

You can place the picture in the center, but I would place it on or under the reconcilation candle.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:16 pm

jwmcclin wrote:You can place the picture in the center, but I would place it on or under the reconcilation candle.

I will make sure to do just that.

Thanks.
Tabbylove17

Setting candles in a triangular shape

Unread postby miziluvhoodoo » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:05 pm

Hello! I need some helpful advice. I read on here about setting candles in a triangular shape. I usually just use a pink & red vigil candle side by side dressed with LM FMB & Love Me oil. I've been doing this since me & my bf have been together and our relationship is going great. :D But now I want to try something different. My question is, if I use a third candle what would be the best color to use? Also, what type of oil would be best to dress it with?

Thank you!

PS: I want to order a bottle of LM Stay With Me oil & I would like to know, what type of scent does this oil have?
Faith is the key to successful magic.
miziluvhoodoo

Re: Setting candles in a triangular shape

Unread postby corazon » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:32 pm

I think using Venus oil on the third candle would be a nice touch!

Or, you could anoint a third candle with a few drops of your zodiac oil and a few drops of your boyfriend's zodiac oil. Either pink, red, or white would work good.

I'd also put some sachet powder in the lines between the triangle leading to each candle. Maybe a picture of you two in the middle.

Good luck!
corazon

Unread postby miziluvhoodoo » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Well, can I just put a picture of him in the middle or does it have to be both of us? I don't have a picture of me and him together yet.
Faith is the key to successful magic.
miziluvhoodoo

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:53 am

If you don't have a picture of the two of you together, i advise you to make one by gluing two pictures together -- or use your computer to composite the images via software such as Photoshop.

Burning candles in triangles, or in squares, or in a circle are methods used to accomplish certain ends. They are not inherently more powerful in and of themselves, but they are valuable insofar as they enable the practitioner to utilize a certain form of work, such as encircling someone or establishing a space within which symbolic actions will take place as part of the spell work.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:54 am

catherineyronwode wrote:Burning candles in triangles, or in squares, or in a circle are methods used to accomplish certain ends. They are not inherently more powerful in and of themselves, but they are valuable insofar as they enable the practitioner to utilize a certain form of work, such as encircling someone or establishing a space within which symbolic actions will take place as part of the spell work.

Thank you for that paragraph. I found it helpful!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Re: Candle Spell in a Triangle

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:54 pm

Thanks starsinthesky7...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Saint Candles?

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Yes, you can burn 2 or more saint candles at the same time.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:19 pm

You are welcome--good luck with your work!
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 am

hello --

Reversing is not exactly "dark" work, because the person named gets back whatever they sent, including good.

I have moved your question to the section on burning candles in triangles -- even though you specified only two candles -- because a triangle is one way to add the blessings you might want. That is, light three candles -- Uncrossing, Reversing, and Blessing -- in triangle form.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby euphemia » Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 am

How do you determine whether to set your candles in a triangular shape or ... some other shape? And, do you need to choose a shape? (From my forays into any candle magic, I usually set them in a line, "left to right" like how we read.)

If you do a triangle one, is there a first, second, and third candle? Like...an order?
euphemia

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Wed May 09, 2012 4:47 am

I set it in the triangular shape because it helps direct the energy. If you are doing it in the triangular shape I was taught to draw something you light things in a clockwise fashion. I Dont think there is a particular order though.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 am

euphemia wrote:How do you determine whether to set your candles in a triangular shape or ... some other shape? And, do you need to choose a shape? (From my forays into any candle magic, I usually set them in a line, "left to right" like how we read.)

If you do a triangle one, is there a first, second, and third candle? Like...an order?

I am unable to properly answer these questions for you as every single worker is going to have a different answer for those! :) I hope you find yours!
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby euphemia » Thu May 10, 2012 12:32 am

starsinthesky7 wrote:I set it in the triangular shape because it helps direct the energy. If you are doing it in the triangular shape I was taught to draw something you light things in a clockwise fashion. I Dont think there is a particular order though.

Joseph Magnuson wrote:I am unable to properly answer these questions for you as every single worker is going to have a different answer for those! :) I hope you find yours!

Okay, neat. Thanks for the responses. :)
euphemia

Re: Break-Up, Reversing, and Uncrossing candles in a triangle

Unread postby Tabbylove17 » Thu May 31, 2012 7:16 pm

eagerbeaver88 wrote:is it a bad idea to use black glass encased candles you used for yourself only for about 30 minutes and had them leftover stored somewhere to use as a breakup candle?

You NEVER want to reuse it unless you are doing the same spell through a couple of days, you know like if you lit it and because you won't be home so you snuff it out then relight it when you get back home. To use a candle for "Bob" then turn around to use it for "Jim" is a no no. use it all!
Tabbylove17

3 vigil candles

Unread postby Rookie2conjure » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:26 pm

I apologize in advance, I did not know where to post this at. Please feel free to move it.

I have 3-vigis candles, that I wish to light tonight (Saturday). Here are as follows:

Clarity vigil fixed by LM
Uncrossing vigil fixed by LM
Stop Gossip vigil by LM

Can I light these candles in a triangle? If so, in which way?

Thanks is advance :)
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Rookie2conjure

Re: 3 vigil candles

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:40 pm

what is the goal of your work? Typically, I use four candles with the main candle in the middle. So for example if I wanted to get a job. I would have the steady work candle in the middle of the triangle. The actual triangle would be made up of candles to add to the intentions of the work. So I may add an I can, you can't candle, crown of success, and road opener for example.

And the actual pattern or order of the candles in the triangle does not matter.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Rookie2conjure » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:51 pm

The Uncrossing Vigil is for my enemies.
The Clarity Vigil is for myself to help me see things clearly and
The Stop Gossip Vigil is for people who gossip ill of me.

On the Stop Gossip vigil and on the Uncrossing vigil it says to "set the lights with my name paper beneath, face up", does this means what is says ... MY NAME PAPER, FACE UP ?

On the clarity, it'll be for me, to have clarity on what I do. What should place beneath the vigil? It says to " set out an open glass of water and place photos of individuals nearby" Well this vigil is for me, to see clarity, not for someone in particular who i want truth from.

Thoughts?

Thank YOU!
Rookie2conjure

Unread postby j82 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:20 pm

then place a pciture of you next to the water to see clearly. You can also put a petition that states something along the lines of with the grace of God may I be able to see clearly and without fault the path which is set before me to take amen (etc). king solomon is a great product to use with this to make wise decisions
j82

Unread postby Rookie2conjure » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:30 pm

Thank you J82.

Will it be fine to light these 3 vigils tonight all in once, my guess I would place the water and my photo in front of the clarity vigil.

See I am thinking to put these 3 vigils in a triangle. Is this ethical to do? Or should I just light the Stop Gossip a long with the uncrossing vigil together and the clarity vigil in another place/spot?

Thank you.
Rookie2conjure

Unread postby j82 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:51 pm

you can burn in a triangle but are they all part of the same work or seperate.. otherwise set them in a row on a counter. Sure you can seperate them, some ppl seperate work to drawing/love work to negative/repell work and use two different areas. others with limited space switch it up as needed. some ppl place them around similar items to the work which represent it like if a money candle put money around it. starr kind of answered ur question. I dont see the connection so id burn the two together and the claitry seperated from them.
j82

Unread postby Rookie2conjure » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:54 pm

Thank you!
Rookie2conjure

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:20 pm

First, I wouldn't do the triangle formation here because they are not reinforcing each other. The stop gossip and the uncrossing are along the same lines of work, but the clarity candle is not. I would just burn the all separately not in a triangle formation. You could substitute the clarity candle with protection work. If you want to do the triangle with the stop gossip and uncrossing work.

And placing them in a triangle has nothing to do with being ethical. I think effectiveness is what we are looking for.

And the rest I agree with j82
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Rookie2conjure » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:31 pm

Thank you Stars :-)
Rookie2conjure

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed May 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Read more about burning candles in triangles (in both senses of the term) in my book "The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic."

BOO-GRI-AHCM
The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic by catherine yronwode and Mikhail Strabo
$9.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby SilverDaniels » Wed May 08, 2013 11:06 pm

In my candle workings, I have a few different formations that I usually work with

1) a single candle on top of a name/petition paper
    2) a triangular formation of three candles arranged around an item or name paper; with this method, I keep a very large quartz crystal or a burning cauldron of incense on top of the central petition paper or photograph for amplification purposes
    3) a single glass or figural candle on top of a name/petition paper surrounded by four supportive offertory candles; for instance a central Money Drawing vigil candle, and four red Fast Luck offertory candles. I saw this same pattern shared in the forum in the Road Opener thread, where the worker surrounded the Road Opener vigil candle with four offertory candles for each area of life they wished to clear up (red for love, green for money, that sort of thing)

I have tried other formations. But, these tend to yield he best results for me. I have the "Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic" arriving soon. I'm looking forward to read about ways that I could strengthen these techniques.

I hope you find these suggestions helpful.
Happy Conjuring ^_^
SilverDaniels

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:53 pm

SilverDaniels: All three of these approaches are ones that I have used myself and can say that they all work very well. As a note: though I adore geology, rocks, and crystals of all kinds, since they do not fit in with hoodoo work I usually keep them out of my hoodoo specific works.
Joseph Magnuson
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Next

• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells