• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:22 pm

Signs / Movement / Completion of Spells: Questions & Answers

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:51 pm

I need to explain one thing to people in very simple words:

No matter where you read it on the internet -- or even in this Lucky Mojo Forum -- there is no "3 Rule" or "3-3-3 Rule" or "333 Rule" that is connected in any way, shape, or form to African American hoodoo folk magic in which it is stated that "you will see signs in 3 days, movement in 3 weeks, and completion of your spell in 3 months."

THIS IS NOT TRUE.

How did this fake-or-mistake advice get all over the internet?

I can tell you.

It came about because people who have read my accounts of growing up learning hoodoo folk magic in Oakland, California, in the 1960s have twisted and misinterpreted some basic advice about spell-casting that i was given about 50 years ago and that i posted on the internet about 15-20 years ago. My so-called fans and followers who have never been part of the African American hoodoo community, but came to hoodoo through my online expositions, have distorted, messed up, and misinterpreted beyond all recognition a simple piece of advice that i received from a candle-shop owner back in the 1960s -- and they have done so repeatedly and in ways that are giving hoodoo, a very sane system of magic, a bad name, because this so-called "rule" that they have devised or thought they heard, or wished existed, or promulgated at third-hand out of well-intentioned ignorance, is ungrounded, and untenable

I wrote about this stuff on the internet back in the 1990s. I put it in my correspondence course book in 2003. And NEVER did i say that there was a "rule" that once you set a spell in motion you would see signs in three days, have movement in three weeks, or see completion in three months. NEVER.

Miss Michaele, a Forum Moderator and a member of AIRR, has actually researched what i wrote about this back in 2004 in the private Yahoo group for my course students. This is what i wrote to them at that time, when someone asked how long one would wait for a spell to take effect:

(The old adage is, "Watch and wait for signs for three days; expect
movement in three weeks; if the spell has not worked in three months,
it is not going to work at all." --cat)

Thank you, Miss Michaele, for locating that!

Now, let's look at that "old adage," including where i learned it and how and why i teach it:

I am going to give you a walk down memory lane. This is how it happened. This is what i learned, and this is what i have taught and what i teach.

I was in a candle shop and the man who ran it was at the counter and i was asking him questions. I had my purchases on the counter. I had heard some of this information before, but i wanted it clarified, and set forth in a way that i could remember. I had my little notepad with the spiral wire at the top. I took notes.

Here's what i asked in the candle shop: "So, if you are doing a trick on someone, say for love, how can you tell if it's working? How soon will he fall in love with you?"

Here's the reply i was given, "Well, after you lay your trick, you can watch and wait for signs for three days. Then, if you don't see any signs after three days, well, you can still expect some movement for three weeks. But if you don't get satisfaction in three months, well, that trick ain't working for you, that ain't happening. You can try again with a different trick, but that one was a bust."

I asked, "What do you mean by 'signs' in three days?"

"Signs are little funny things, like coincidences or dreams. Like, say you was working on someone and his name was Jim, and you lit a candle on him and prayed, 'Jim, give me your loving,' and then you went out to go to the store, and you ran into someone else named Jim or you were on the corner and someone yelled, 'Hey, Jim, come here!' and he replied -- not your Jim, just some stranger named Jim -- he yelled, 'I'm coming!' or if a truck rolled by and a sign on it said 'Jim's Auto Repair,' that would mean that Jim wants to repair things, make it up to you, if you'd had a fight; or 'Jim's Jewelry,' that means he wants to marry you or buy you a ring; or if you turned your TV on, and the first thing, just when it was warming up, you heard, 'Jim loves you; you know he does,' or 'Jim told me to tell you he hates you.' Those are signs. And there are good signs and bad signs. If he says, 'Jim loves you,' that's a good sign, but if he says, 'Jim hates you,' that's a bad sign, and you should just give up right there, because that thing ain't working, or you try another trick, because that thing is dead. If the sign on the truck says 'Jim's Meat Market,' that's a bad sign; he's gonna cut you up or something. Or you might have a dream, and in the dream Jim comes to you and says, 'Honey, just wait for me,' well, then you know that's a good sign, but if you see him in a dream and he is turning away from you, don't know you, well, that's a bad sign, and it ain't working.'

NOTICE THAT THERE ARE BAD SIGNS AS WELL AS GOOD SIGNS. NOT ALL SIGNS ARE GOOD SIGNS.

So i asked him, "What if you don't see any signs at all? Does that mean you should give up?"

He said, "Well, signs show in the first three days, usually. You may not get any signs, or you may get some signs. If you don't get any signs, you can try for signs from the Bible. Just pray for a sign, 'Lord, send me a sign how my work is proceeding,' and open the Bible, and read where your finger lands. If it says, 'Behold, the bridegroom cometh,' well, then he's coming your way and that's a good sign,' but if it says, 'I myself will lay waste the land,' then that's a bad sign. See, there are good signs and bad signs. If you get bad signs, really bad signs, you should just give up or start over, differently, but if you don't get any signs, then you still can wait for some movement, for things to start to go your way. But don't wait longer than three weeks. Three weeks for movement."

"What do you mean by 'movement'? How will i know if there's any movement?"

"Okay, well, movement is when things 'bout to turn your way. This is with Jim, okay? So if you see Jim and he has been cutting you off, and you want him back, and you see him on the corner, and he says, 'Hey.' That's movement. Or say you want to marry him, and he says, 'Girl, i been thinking...' but he doesn't set the date, just say, 'Girl, i been thinking 'bout you and me,' that's movement. Or if you want a raise in pay, and the boss says, 'You been a mighty good worker, and we're gonna take care of you,' see, that is not getting the raise, but it means there's movement; he's thinking about it and he lets you know. Movement is always for real. You're dealing with him. This ain't no dream, now. Things are starting to break your way. You don't let up, though. You keep working that thing. Say you working for Jim now, and you had a fight, and you haven't been close, and he hasn't been with you. So Jim says, 'Let's go out and have a drink;' that's movement. It ain't 'I love you, baby,' but it is movement in the right direction. He meets you halfway there. He'll have a drink, and maybe talk it over, and you can get back on track with him. There's many kinds of movement. If you got good signs, you can expect some movement. If you got bad signs, you can hope for some movement. If you don't get any movement, you can give up, or keep on working."

"What if you see no movement, or if he moves away from you?"

"If you don't see no movement, then that thing's dead. No signs and no movement, it's dead in the water. If you saw a good sign, but no movement, you can keep it up, but your chances are slim now. You gotta really work it now. If the movement is backwards, away from what you want, that thing is in trouble. It ain't working."

NOTICE THAT THERE IS MOVEMENT TOWARD, MOVEMENT AWAY, AND NO MOVEMENT AT ALL.

IF YOU GOT GOOD SIGNS, YOU CAN EXPECT MOVEMENT, BUT IT MAY OR MAY NOT COME TO PASS.

"Okay, so do you keep on with it anyway?"

"Sure, you can. Most ladies work for three months, even if they see no signs, even if they don't get any movement. But if it don't get done in three months, if the thing isn't completed to your satisfaction, that trick ain't gonna ever work. You either gotta give up or start over. But by then it may be too late, so what some of 'em do is if after three weeks they get no movement, they start another thing up, a second one, and work 'em side by side. Now you got two things going on, and you watch for signs on the second one for three days, and then for movement for three weeks too."

"What do you mean 'a second one'? Like if you had one candle lit, now you light a second one?"

"Well, you could, but generally it would be a different form of work, like if the first one was a bowl of sugar, the second could be a candle. Or if the first was a candle, the second one you get his foot track dirt. Or the first time you get him to step in magnetic sand to draw him to you, and the second one could be a candle."

"And if none of them work?"

"Well, let's hope it works. You gotta have faith. But if there is no completion after three months, that's it. That's done."

"You stop after three months?"

"You ought to. At least stop that form of work. It's easy for people to say, 'Oh, i set my lights every Friday night and he'll be back if it takes three years,' but meanwhile, he's got another wife and three kids! That's foolish. I tell 'em, 'Don't be doing that.' But they just run from worker to worker. 'Maybe this one will help me; maybe that one will help me.' That's on them. I done the best i could. Tell 'em, ''Three months is all he's worth,' or 'You can start again, but why would you do that? You should get a new man.' 'Cause that one has been gone too long."

NOTICE THAT NOT ALL SPELLS SUCCEED.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: Signs That a Spell Has Worked

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Just a reminder note from the site owner,

Folks, this thread is about the subject of signs, movement, and completion of spell work. It is not a place to come for a free reading. We are here to educate you about African American hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork, to teach you how to do this work for yourself, and especially to help you learn how to use Lucky Mojo spiritual supplies in your own tricks, spells, and hoodoo rootwork.

We do not have the resources to give free readings here, but you can ask about the traditional meanings of a sign, and we will try to give you a quick answer, based on our knowledge of traditional, historical, and contemporary African American folk magic. However, please do not expect a personal one-on-one reading or a prophesy or a prediction about your future at this forum.

Also be aware that there are several other threads in the Lucky Mojo Forum, on the Lucky Mojo web site's free "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" book by catherine yronwode, and in books that Lucky Mojo and Missionary Independent Spiritual Church have published, where omens and signs are discussed and explained. Some of these topics are general in nature and some are specialized. Some of the questions posed in this thread would be better suited to those other, more specialized, threads.

===========

Here is where to find general information on omens and signs in African American folk magic, hoodoo, conjure, and rootwork.

AIRR Page: Interpretations of Dreams, Signs, and Omens
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... _and_Omens

Lucky Mojo Forum thread: Signs / Movement / Completion of Spells: Questions & Answers
signs-movement-completion-of-spells-questions-&-answers-t6436s480.html

===========

If your sign or omen involves birds, mammals, insects, or spiders, ask questions and read answers here:

Lucky Mojo Forum thread: Birds as Omens: Hawk, Crow, Dove, Wren, Owl, Sparrow, Etc.
birds-as-omens-hawk,-crow,-dove,-wren,-owl,-sparrow,-etc--t25412.html

Lucky Mojo Forum thread: Mammals as Omens: Cat, Dog, Horse, Bat, Squirrel, Etc.
mammals-as-omens-cat,-dog,-horse,-bat,-squirrel,-etc--t16316.htm

Lucky Mojo Forum thread: Insects or Spiders as Omens: Ant, Bee, Wasp, Spider, Bug
insects-or-spiders-as-omens-ant,-bee,-wasp,-spider,-bug-t20597.html

===========

If your sign or omen involves reading candle remains left in wax, on a candle stand, or in a candle glass, read these specialized pages:

Hoodoo in Theory and Practice: How to Read Divination Signs from Candle-Burning
http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

AIRR web site: Candle Reading
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading

Lucky Mojo Forum thread: Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains
candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-glass,-remains-t8537.html

The Art of Hoodoo Candle Magic: How to Read Divination Signs from Candle-Burning
http://www.luckymojo.com/artofhoodoocandlemagic.html

==========

To be continued ...
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:04 pm

Continued ...

===========

For a personal or one-on-one reading of signs or omens, use these links to connect with an ethical reader:

-----

Hoodoo Psychics (HP)
All readings are $3.99 per minute:

HP Web site: HP main page / home page:
http://hoodoopsychics.com

Facebook page for fans and followers of HP: HoodooPsychics
https://www.facebook.com/HoodooPsychics

Lucky Mojo Forum thread about HP: HoodooPsychics.com: Instant Readings from Reputable Readers
hoodoopsychics-com-instant-readings-from-reputable-readers-t16224.htm

-----

Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR)
Rates vary from $1.00 per minute to $5.00 per minute; see each reader's independent page for rates

AIRR web site: AIRR main page / home page:
http://readersandrootworkers.org

AIRR web page describing the membership: About AIRR:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/A ... ootworkers

Lucky Mojo Forum thread about AIRR: AIRR Psychic Readers and Rootworkers Questions & Answers
airr-psychic-readers-and-rootworkers-questions-&-answers-t9319.htm

Facebook page for fans and followers of AIRR: ReadersandRootworkers
https://www.facebook.com/ReadersandRootworkers

===========

To learn more about how to perform your own divinations of signs and omens, consult these pages:

AIRR web site on divination: Divination Fortune Telling Oracles
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ng_Oracles

Lucky Mojo Forum section on divination: Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards
divination-tools,-tarot-cards,-pendulums,-crystal-balls,-and-spirit-boards-f61.html

Facebook page for fans and followers of divination: Divination Fortune Telling Oracles
https://www.facebook.com/Divination.For ... ng.Oracles

===========

To be continued ...
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 pm

Continued ...

===========

You can also use books to learn more about traditional divination techniques:

Lucky Mojo Catalogue section on divination books: Books About Divination
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html#divination

Lucky Mojo Calatogue section of divination tools: Divination: Pendulums, Cartomancy, Tea Leaves, Runes, and Tarot Cards
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatdivination.html

===========

I hope this information is of help to you all, and will get you the answers you want and need as simply and as quickly as you desire.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby brujaha » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:27 pm

I agree. Signs could be within a few minutes of performing a spell or 3 days.

I have been working on a honey jar spell for a few months, and have had a few interesting signs through the shapes made by the candle wax:

When I prayed for sex from him, the wax formed penises all the time, and that's what I got lol. And once, I burned a thick chunky candle on the jar and I prayed that he and I would talk and my words would reach him. And when it finally melted down, it folded outward in the shape of a giant ear hanging over the jar.

I try to light a tea light on the jar every few days, and sometimes the man has called within a few minutes of my lighting the candle. Or after I brush my teeth i notice a toothpaste shaped heart in the sink. Oh- and I usually don't hear the guy's name mentioned anywhere as a sign, but one day I watched 2 television shows that mentioned his career, and then he called me the next night.

So, ditto on the signs being sorta personalized.

Good luck.

brujaha
brujaha

Unread postby Literarylioness » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:43 pm

Speaking of signs, signs can also drive you nuts! I was helping a client get back with this guy and the signs were EVERYWHERE! But there was no movement and no completion.

The guy did not show up until a year later and she did not want him by then. This happened four years ago and they are now pretty good friends, but gosh those signs drove her batty!

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:29 pm

A really good point here is that though you may be seeing lots of signs, interpreting them is not always as straightforward, and signs do not mean movement, nor do they mean guaranteed completion of the work.

When I see a situation where there are lots of "positive" signs that the work is going well, but the client is not getting the results that he or she wishes then it may be time to do some divination around the signs, i.e. Do those hearts I keep seeing everywhere mean me and my man are going to get back together or does it mean that we are going to have a long, true friendship but no more romance?

People can make themselves nuts with interpreting signs long past the time they should have expected movement or completion, and I really do think the interpretation of signs is an art like any other form of divination :-)

Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Mother Mystic » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:15 am

While you may become more aware of positive signs, don't blind yourself to any negative signs. Mary is right -- signs can drive you nuts, and it's possible to become obsessed with looking for signs.
Mother Mystic
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Nothereanymore » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:48 pm

I always thought that after you cast a spell (maybe this is just me) that you kind of - not forget it but release it? In other words I don't obsess over it, I just have faith that it will work and don't worry about it any more.

Jessica 914
Nothereanymore

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi, Jessica914 / Nothereanymore

In regards to the advice you were given to "not forget [the spell] but release it" -- that is correct.

In conjure practice, when we perform a spell that is finite in performance -- for instance, burning a set of nine 4" candles on nine successive Sundays, or making a mojo bag, or taking a cleaning or uncrossing bath and diposing of the bath water, we say, "Lay your trick and don't look back." This common piece of advice may not mean much to those outside of rootwork, but within our tradition it is precisely the sufficient information to explain both our requisite satisfied state of mind and our physical completion of the ritual act.

However, having said that, there are ongoing spells as well as finite ones, and it is these which are most open to inadvertent misuse or abuse by obsessive people who simply will not let go. If burning a set of nine 4" candles on nine successive Sundays doesn't work, they then go to 6" candles, or vigil lights, or start burning them every day for one year, or three years, or ten years. Yes, i had a client who had burned candles for ten years for the return of an ex-husband who was already happily remarried when she started the work! And, for the record, no, of course her spells didn't work, and, sadly, in the end, instead of understanding that she had started too late and had become obsessed with a goal which would never be reached, and that her obsession was an unhealthy personality trait, she kept on saying, "I'm not yet ready to give up," until the day came when, suddenly, she decided that "magic is fake."
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:15 pm

Jessica914 wrote: I always thought that after you cast a spell (maybe this is just me) that you kind of - not forget it but release it? In other words I don't obsess over it, I just have faith that it will work and don't worry about it any more.

I totally agree. Set it and forget it, I say. In my experience, signs become a big deal when you are working on a particular person. This is especially true in the case of reconciliation work, but I had a judge whose name and law school kept cropping up during a court case.

Just depends on the situation.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby Nothereanymore » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:45 am

It always seemed as though when I really obsessed or second guessed my spell work, some of the effectiveness was lost.

Jessica914
Nothereanymore

Spell Success Prediction

Unread postby hopeful1 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 am

If you have a reading before you do any of these bring back love spells, and before you are finished with the breakup spells, would the reader, a very good one I contacted from the LM list be able to see you and the person reconciled, or will she see things the way they are prior to the spell taking effect? I just had a reading to find out if the spell kits I ordered and planned to use would work, and was told they did not see me and my ex together romantically in the future at all. She was very honest and wonderful, and I was just left with this question. Thanks to any and all who reply :)
hopeful1

Re: Spell Success Prediction

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:28 am

hopeful1 wrote:If you have a reading before you do any of these bring back love spells, and before you are finished with the breakup spells, would the reader, a very good one I contacted from the LM list be able to see you and the person reconciled, or will she see things the way they are prior to the spell taking effect? I just had a reading to find out if the spell kits I ordered and planned to use would work, and was told they did not see me and my ex together romantically in the future at all. She was very honest and wonderful, and I was just left with this question. Thanks to any and all who reply :)

Speaking as a reader, if I did a reading for someone looking for reconciliation and I did not have any indication that the parties would be involved in the future then I would take that to mean that they aren't going to be together, whether work is done to bring them together or not, I would assume that they won't be together going forward.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby hopeful1 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:43 am

Thank you, Miss Bri. So should I not bother with the spell kits and just return them, or cancel my order? :(
hopeful1

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:50 am

hopeful1 wrote:If you have a reading before you do any of these bring back love spells, and before you are finished with the breakup spells, would the reader, a very good one I contacted from the LM list be able to see you and the person reconciled, or will she see things the way they are prior to the spell taking effect? I just had a reading to find out if the spell kits I ordered and planned to use would work, and was told they did not see me and my ex together romantically in the future at all. She was very honest and wonderful, and I was just left with this question. Thanks to any and all who reply :)

Well, really you should contact the person who read for you and get their opinion. If you decide not to do reconciliation work on the issue you should check out other Lucky Mojo products that might be appropriate to your situation like:
Cut and Clear
http://www.luckymojo.com/cutandclear.html
Healing
http://www.luckymojo.com/healing.html

Also, I don't know what the spell kits were you ordered, but Lucy Mojo spell kits come in useful for most people one day--I have been known to stockpile them myself :-)

But really, you should ask the person who read for you because they will probably have a definite opinion on your question one way or the other.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Literarylioness » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:08 am

You have to talk to the reader about that. You can always use the spell kits for something else. If you ordered Come to Me, that can be used to bring in a better lover for you. If you ordered the Love Me kit, that can be used in the future.

I stockpile kits too.

Mary
Literarylioness

Test of Faith?

Unread postby K54 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 am

To any experienced practitioner:
Do you recall, at the beginning of your journey, casting early spells that took a long time to work for the purpose of testing your faith?
K54

Re: Test of Faith?

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:41 am

Hmm....I think that some spells were testing my faith. Other spells, I think just taught me to be more realistic because it taught me that some situations are not going to manifest in a month even. If the situation is complicated, it make take the same amount if not more effort to fix the situation to my liking. Also, I learned to trust myself, and learning to let go of certain situations. I have learned not getting hung up on the who, what, where, and why of things has helped my spells manifest faster. I know its hard to let go of certain situations, but obsessing just makes the spell not effective because I am not trusting what I am doing. Its funny because sometimes when you stop worrying, or when you forget what spell you cast, thats when it manifests.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:54 am

K54 wrote:To any experienced practitioner:
Do you recall, at the beginning of your journey, casting early spells that took a long time to work for the purpose of testing your faith?

Sure there were spells that did not work (not the way I planned at least) and ones that took forever. I am much more successful for others than myself, because I like to experiment! I am my own guinea pig, so to speak.

There was the time I nearly burnt down my house for a prom date! I did get a prom date though. There was the work on a failing business, which I should have chucked from the beginning. There was the woman I helped who broke a man's heart. I still feel bad about that one.

This is the advice no one wants to take from me, time can never be recaptured, so spend your time wisely. It is the one resource that one can never get back. If a person thinks about all the time and effort spent on desires that are futile, why do them? Everything I do has a time limit, which is very short for the most part.

Time is of the essence.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby K54 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:02 pm

Doesn't it kind of suck to be able to help others with magick, but not yourself? Seems to me we all get into it for ourselves first and others MAYBE, after don't you think?
K54

Unread postby Literarylioness » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:10 pm

K54 wrote:Doesn't it kind of suck to be able to help others with magick, but not yourself? Seems to me we all get into it for ourselves first and others MAYBE, after don't you think?

I did not say I could not help myself. I do have the position and life I worked for. I said it is easier to work for others. It is easier because I can to be objective about others' situations. Also, I would not try something for a client that I have not worked for myself. I want to try it out first.

By the way, this is a debate many workers have about magic.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby K54 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:44 pm

literarylioness wrote:
K54 wrote:
By the way, this is a debate many workers have about magic.

Mary

Yea I've heard that. Well I am glad you got your needs met. It may sound selfish, but it's pretty difficult to be really helpful to others if your own needs aren't met first. There are very few real altruists in the world and I don't claim to be one.

K54
K54

spell gonna work?

Unread postby wiccanbudgiemom » Sun May 03, 2009 11:38 am

I have not yet seen physical results, but I "feel" something is going to happen-something in my intuition too. I met someone last year briefly who was working in another area where I used to work. We had a brief encounter for a few minutes and I never saw him again. But have had encounters with him several times on the astral plane. I have tried several spell casting techniques including come to me candle with oil with petition and pictures. I just ordered adam and eve dressed candle from lucky mojo. also loadstone oil. I will repeat the spell using pictures and petition under candle. It's not sex that i really want but love from this person. I also sense that this person will help me in many ways. :) also the flame on the come to me candle is low but if this takes awhile its worth it.
wiccanbudgiemom

Re: spell gonna work?

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun May 03, 2009 3:42 pm

I am going to be honest and state this does not sound good. This is something I get from people who are in love with famous people and want relationships with them. Usually, this people are suffering from a form of delusion about reality.

Here is the deal, hoodoo works with physical connections, eg personal concerns. The more connected you were/are physically to the target, the better your chances. A brief encounter is not a strong connection for a successful spell.

If I were you, I would be working on finding a suitable love partner.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby wiccanbudgiemom » Sun May 03, 2009 4:16 pm

I dont think i am delusional and my post has nothing to do with being in love with celebrities. I met someone on the job and felt that something was right. In my opinion celebrities are people too and people should see them for who they are and not because they are famous. The person that i was intersted in was not a celebrity. I have read about regular people having relationships with celebrities but these people see them as regular people and work around them or live or work around these kind of people.
wiccanbudgiemom

Unread postby NENA1182004 » Sun May 03, 2009 4:25 pm

I dont think Mary ment that you are delusional or that you are interested in a celebrity what i think shes trying to explain( IMO) is that the closer to the person you are the stronger the connection the better your outcome in any kind of work ,I think. Personal concerns when In hand are essential for any type of Work (if needed) a photograph works well too.I mean if you wanted to do bigger work and needed any of this where would you get it?
NENA1182004

Unread postby wiccanbudgiemom » Sun May 03, 2009 4:30 pm

what if you had met the individual during asral travel dream time
wiccanbudgiemom

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sun May 03, 2009 5:22 pm

wiccanbudgiemom wrote:what if you had met the individual during asral travel dream time

Well that's all well and good if you believe in such things but hoodoo has many very physical aspects to it, getting them in contact with powders or oils, getting something of theirs to use in a spell. If you think that you've met the person in "asral travle dream time" and that that is a strong link to work off of then by all means do so.

Now if you have a letter of theirs with some of their hand writing then you can use that, a photo works as NENA1182004 said. If you can't get something of theirs send something to them, a letter dusted with powder has worked quite well for me in the past. If you don't even have an address to send something to then well, things look rather bleak don't they.

To me it just doesn't sound like your going to have much success with this having only met them once and lacking any personal concerns but I'm not going to tell anyone what they can or can't, or must or must not do.

In any event I wish you luck.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun May 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Rather than ask random forum members what they think, i would either keep my own counsel or i would engage the services of a professional reader.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby jewelzdevone » Mon May 04, 2009 11:07 pm

wiccanbudgiemom,

Even if you do not end up with this particular individual because of the lack of personal concerns, don't be suprised if your work brings you someone with the traits you liked in this person. If you find that your work is not bringing you the results you are looking for, It might be good to concentrate on those traits instead to attract a new lover that you haven't met yet.

I do not know the specifics of your situation and cannot make any judgement calls. No one can tell you if it is going to work or not - all we can do is respond to you blindly and share our experience. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide.

Jewelz
jewelzdevone

Reconciliation Spell Kit / Break Up

Unread postby Astariell » Tue May 26, 2009 3:44 pm

Hi and a big thank you to all: and to Catherine, Bri, Mary, J,.

After putting in much time into reading posts all over this site and the pages available on LM site as well, I got a pretty fair amount of knowledge concerning much rootwork.

I would like to share a few words about some signs concerning recent work. They are most encouraging . When I was finishing the ninth day of the recon and the candles were burning out, the lodestones touching, I had sprinkled some more magnetic sand.....as I was doing this, my intended call (6am) and to talk, (he hadn't been calling) told me he felt he couldn't get out of bed, that he felt like the bed was a magnet...his words.....so I considered that a sign for sure.....Wow....I was surprised....now to wait for the rest....

Also, when working the break up, as the candles were hacked, I studied the wax, and his side was a definite figure of a man running away in the opposite direction of the "rivals" side.....the figure also had his manhood erect but also in the opposite direction and there was a handle, like a 3 D effect over the base of this.....Hmmm. Thought that was interesting to say the least.....Hopefully, this was pointed in my direction and the handle I felt represented perhaps my hold on him....by the b_____s so to speak.... ;)

Honey jar has had definite hearts, two right in the beginning of work, (few months now) and more thereafter...Tears and pools....But continue to add various ingredients as situation calls.....

Wish me luck and thanks for all the good ideas and help along the way...... :D
Astariell

Re: Reconciliation Spell Kit / Break Up

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri May 29, 2009 9:45 am

Good luck to you -- i love it when they call and say things like that! Thanks for letting us know. Because this work has been goin on for a long time now, seeing signs like that is encouaging.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

signs and manifestations?

Unread postby nemo » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Ok I had hired some one to do some work on my behalf. It involved someone that i would like to become more than just friends.

So today i was sitting on the couch and i happened to look out the sliding glass door, and seen a black bird come up to the window, look in at me, eat a couple of dead bugs then flew off. I rarley have birds at the house, and have never seen a bird on the patio.

About an hour or two later i got an email from my case worker saying that all is well on his end and every thing went smoothly, and should have no issues.

Just curious as to what others thoughts were on this -- Good/Bad?
nemo

Re: signs and manifestations?

Unread postby Turnsteel » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:59 pm

Sounds to me like it was just a bird. But if it seems that its a sign then you must be the one to interpret it, signs are often very personal and what seems like sign to me,may seem like nothing to you.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Re: signs and manifestations?

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:28 pm

I take that maybe it means news was being brought into you. I was taught that bees mean news is coming to you. So perhaps thats what it is.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Not a good sign?

Unread postby moonbride » Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:51 pm

I am working on a little something for a friend of mine who asked me for help. It's a combination cut and clear for her and a hot foot for a man that has somewhat been in her life. It's described in another thread here somewhere I think under "getting rid of someone".

With it being summer my kids are in and out of the house all day so I stay up late when I have some workings to do and that's what I did tonight. Everything seemed to go well through working the spell. It's a nine day spell and today was day one. When I was done with what I needed to do I did my hyssop cleansing bath and when I was taking the water out to dispose of it on the corner (crossroads) out in front of my house... I was on my way back up my sidewalk after disposing of it when my foot slipped out from under me (it had been raining earlier and was wet) and I came down on my other knee and shin. I now have a throbbing bruise almost the whole length of my shin and my knee is all scabbed up. My other foot is actually hurting too... must have twisted it when it slid.

So should I take this as some kind of a sign that something didn't go well and I should start over or do something else? Or would you consider this a coincidence? It just seemed strange to me to get completely done with every aspect of this working tonight and be on my way in to settle in and BOOM... there I went!

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Becky
moonbride

Re: Not a good sign?

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi Becky,

Well I can't really answer if it is a coincidence or not. You could get a reading on the situation, if you are really concerned about it. If there is a possibility that someone might be working against the work that you are doing (a person that would want the man to stay in the picture with your friend) then you might have experienced a spiritual attack. Whether it was something like that or just a fall, I would take a series of uncrossing baths and do some basic protection work. For a page-full of tricks check out:
http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby moonbride » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Thank you for your response Bri.
I don't honestly think that I would have anyone working against what I was doing. I guess I can't really say that with 100% certainty but I really don't believe so. I just know that I had an overwhelming feeling of "UH OH" as soon as it happened LOL. I don't really know any better way to explain it. So yes, I think I will do what you suggested with the uncrossing baths and protection work. I've actually already started that in motion.

Thank you again!
Becky
moonbride

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:24 pm

moonbride wrote:Thank you for your response Bri.
I don't honestly think that I would have anyone working against what I was doing. I guess I can't really say that with 100% certainty but I really don't believe so. I just know that I had an overwhelming feeling of "UH OH" as soon as it happened LOL. I don't really know any better way to explain it. So yes, I think I will do what you suggested with the uncrossing baths and protection work. I've actually already started that in motion.

Thank you again!
Becky

Hi Becky,
You are welcome! If you do not have reason to suspect someone is working against then they probably aren't; you can never be 100% sure, but chances are, if you don't think its an issue then most likely its not. The cleansing and protecting work is just basic housekeeping that all workers have to stay up on. Even if you just tripped, its a good reminder to keep yourself clean and safe.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Insight

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:40 pm

I have been working on a friend of mine who is in my life but drifting... I have had dreams of him reconciling with him not wanting to explain what happened but continuing our relationship...today I started burning a follow me boy candle and saw a truck that said "Follow me" when I left home r all of these good signs?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Re: Insight

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:49 pm

That is indeed a good sign.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:33 pm

Thanks Cat. Should I keep burning candles?
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:51 pm

I would, as long as the signs are positive. I was always told, "Work until you get satisfaction."
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:34 am

Yes I will...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby suzyparker » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:52 pm

Can you give me your opinion on what you consider signs a spell is working and "movement" that a spell is working. Use a love spell as an example.

suzyparker

Re: Signs and Movement

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:28 pm

3 days to watch for signs, 3 weeks to look for movement, 3 months to wait for completion is the suggested plan...in various degrees...details of each are listed here on the forum...do a search.

I apply these ideas to most forms of spell work, except for a honey jar...which is a slower moving spell, in my opinion. Actually, I consider honey jars and other sweetening spells to be continuous work, or ongoing work, so "completion" may not apply to them in the same way as it would to a "pay me" or "marry me" spell.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby suzyparker » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:46 pm

I know the "3" rule.. I was asking if anyone had any examples of what they considered to be "signs" or "movements" indicating their spell was a success.. (ie, having the person call you, ask you out, etc.) What do others regard as signs or movements
suzyparker

Unread postby thelightfantastic » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Some people consider seeing their target's name as a sign that their work is moving forward. Mind you, if the target's name is something like "John" or "Michael", that's going to happen frequently so that would obviously apply to someone who has a less than common name.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance
thelightfantastic

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:20 pm

For me, a couple days after I started a honey jar for a target that's a firefighter, someone gave me a book with a firefighter in full turnout gear on the front. I've also heard his first name (which isn't super common) on tv shows.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:39 pm

Suzy Paker,

Actually, there is no such thing as "the '3' rule". A rule is something invariant. We are discussing divination (signs), followed by real world changes (movement), followed by achievement of our goals (completion). One does not inevitably follow upon the other.

Regarding signs: I have heard name spoken on a TV show, or while reading a book saw name listed...while driving saw a sign that said Follow Me Boy... etc..etc..If I was doing a spell that included Bewitching (eg) I heard this word randomly radio, tv, ad ...That is some of the signs I have recognized. But I find that its when you are not paying attention that these signs are revealed...out of the blue. When you are agonizing or looking for signs it's hard to identify or notice them.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby cabriellenil » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:12 pm

I must say, signs are highly volatile. Once I burnt a red 7-knob candle on a man. On the third day he wrote to say he'd been thinking about me. Within 3 weeks we hooked up. After that I burnt altar candles and the wax formed heart shapes, and we're in touch. Just as everything seemed to be going great, something came up and we never saw each other again! Just an example of how signs and movements could be all beautiful but results might not be what you expect.

There're other times when the signs were 'reliable' though. I did this job getting spell and two days later, someone said to me 'What can you do except to keep praying?' when we talked about my job situation. At that moment I knew I wouldn't get the job, and I didn't.

At the moment I'm getting some reconciliation work done by a rootworker, and I do some things on my own too. A while back a mutual friend did a Facebook quiz - one of the answers was my ex.'s name, and the friend's comment was: 'Better this time :)' The other day when I went to buy color pencils to write out petitions. Behind the cashier sat a giant box: "XXX (my ex's first name), pencil sharpeners'.

Now one would think these are good signs, but I've learnt not to trust them unless there're real movements at the mundane level. Even then you'd have to wait and see for a while.
cabriellenil

Unread postby jwmcclin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Good idea cab... it is like that...natural, spiritual and mundane things happen all the time...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Chagrinedgirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Don't overthink it and trust your instincts. If you keep obsessing and analyzing, you'll drive yourself crazy. I've been lucky with such obvious signs, the powers that be may know I can be dense, lol
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...
Chagrinedgirl

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:06 pm

Chagrinedgirl took the words right out of my mouth. Overthinking does not help your work. Also, I really really wish there was an article written here about letting the signs find you. I mean I get it if you burn a candle,and you do a love spell, and a wax heart jumps out at you. But if you have to sit here, and force a sign or symbol out of nothing...then that is not a sign. You can try other forms of divination, however, if you wish.

A sign is not movement. Movement is the beginning of change, and it is objective, not subjective.

The idea of a "3 rule" seems to have people in a frenzy when they do not see signs in the stated time frames.

Let the signs find you! A sign is not driving by a street named after your boyfriend that you have driven by many times before. To me that is not a sign, that is just something that was always there that is be attributed to a sign.

Let the signs find you. You will know when its a sign, and you will not have to go looking for it.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Literarylioness » Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:45 pm

suzyparker wrote:Can you give me your opinion on what you consider signs a spell is working and "movement" that a spell is working. Use a love spell as an example.

Signs are great, but "movement" is what matters next. If a spell is actually working, you should see movement within 3 weeks, which means, to use your love spell as an example, that you contact from the guy/girl, etc. If you do not have actual movement within 3 weeks, you have some choices. You can start a second spell, or move on, or keep on hoping for completion without either signs or movement. But if you don't have what you want in three months, you really should reassess. Again, you can start another spell, or move on.

Mary
Literarylioness

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:52 pm

This gets easier with experience (I think...I hope ((smile)). I did a love spell on a lover and results came within the frame of time...although i was obsessed initially, after taking the 13 herb bath, I focused on other things. I think these baths works wonders for negativity, anxiety, and many many other issues in my life (I cannot speak for others).
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Love Binding Signs

Unread postby spellyshelly » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to ask everyone to share any signs or possible outcomes that they have seen from their experiences of binding a target. Please could you share your experiences as Im sure there are many people interested in this topic. I personally have had results in the form of my target becoming more affectionate and passionate with me, also some obsessive signs.

Happy New Year everyone! :D
spellyshelly

Re: Binding signs

Unread postby IBMagnet » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:55 pm

What did you mean by binding? What did you d and how? Could you please share?
IBMagnet

Re: Binding signs

Unread postby spellyshelly » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:00 pm

You bind a target to you in order for them to be drawn to you forever, in most cases the target can become obessessive and you MUST be sure that this is the person that you want as it can be hard to shake them off. You can usually do this by puttin a sample of your mensus into their food or drink, traditionally in Hodoo people put these samples into their targets coffee, I used urine samples twice and a mensus sample once. there are many threads that go into more detail on this topic under binding or mensus.
spellyshelly

Next

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirituality, Psychism, Divination, and Magic