Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Snake Sheds Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
53rdspirit

Snake Sheds Questions and Answers

Unread post by 53rdspirit » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:39 pm

I have used ground snake sheds and bugs in various powdered formulas and I was wondering if there is any reason for not burning ground snake sheds as an ingredient in an incense?

I read somewhere that, specifically, snake sheds should not be burned as incense and I wondered if there was reason? Or maybe it was just with poisonous snake's sheds? Do snake sheds give off noxious fumes when burned that one should be aware of when using it?

Thank you.

Kris
(53rdspirit)

Turnsteel

Re: Snake Sheds

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:40 pm

Well snake skin it self contains none of the snakes venom, I can't think of a single medical reason why not to burn it other then it would probably smell pretty bad. Now I have never heard of an incense that calls for snake skin, I do use it in my goofer dust. Why exactly would you want to burn it? I say go for it if you want to but that's my attitude towards much of life. Lol

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:46 pm

Burning proteins smell bad.
catherine yronwode

53rdspirit

Unread post by 53rdspirit » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:07 pm

HailDiscordia

It happens to be, in part, of something I am burning.

What I gather then is that a bad smell is really the only thing. That's to be expected in this particular work.

Thank you for the comments.

Kris

Benita78

Killling Spell: Dead Snake Dragged Through the Yard

Unread post by Benita78 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:43 pm

This isn't a trick, but a question about one (sorry if I posted in the wrong catagory). My granddad was I guess in apprentice of a "rootworker" so the stories go and learned some tricks. He would go with this man when he cast spells and one of them was a killing spell. I don't know all the details, but it involved this gentleman taking a dead snake and dragging it through someone's yard or around the house. Has anyone heard anything else similar to this? Not wanting to do this myself but just curious.

Another story didn't involve my grandfather but my uncle. He had seizures when he was a kid and my grandma took him to a rootworker that cured him by placing a penny over each eye. I don't recall any spells or scriptures being read (I'm sure there was more to this but I was really young when I heard it) but has anyone ever heard of anything similar to this as well?

Again sorry if I posted in the wrong category, but I couldn't figure out which one would be appropriate for this question. Thanks.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: not a spell to share, but trying to piece together some

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:23 pm

There are old timey tricks that involve letting a snake zig-zag its way through someone's foot-tracks and that this will poison them through their feet.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR

Benita78

Re: not a spell to share, but trying to piece together some

Unread post by Benita78 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Thanks for the feedback ConjureMan Ali!

Benita78

Uses for Snake Skin

Unread post by Benita78 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:28 pm

I just purchased snake shedding from LM and was wondering what other uses it has besides the product description that was written about it. I read somewhere that it can be used for sexual attraction and a type of dominating work(like the snake hypnotizes it's prey, you can do the same with an individual). I looked through the forum archives to see if anyone has asked about this, but I only saw information regarding Saint Martha. Thanks for your time.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: Uses for Snake Skin

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 pm

I am not aware of any type of work involving relationships with snake skin. Someone else might know, but I am not aware.
There are many magical uses and you probably are aware by the "outside packaging" that is included with the great descriptive information from Lucky Mojo as "what a root, herb, etc", or in this case snake skin can do. There are several things that come to mind including "live things in you". This page might help:
http://www.luckymojo.com/rattlesnake.html
And if you don't already have Hoodoo in Herb and Root Magic it would be very helpful to you. There are many herbs, minerals and roots that could assist you.
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html
Good luck!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Benita78

Unread post by Benita78 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:28 pm

Thank you for responding back! I have the Herb and Root Magic book and did research it and looked it up on the LM site, but didn't find what I was looking for. I was trying to create an oil and the snake skins seemed like a neat ingredient to add (was trying to make a wicked dominating concoction). I will get online and try to figure out where I got this information. Thank you for taking the time to help and have a great night!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Great! I had a link to another link up and took it down because I was not sure what you might be working on and the question was broad, but I wanted to help. Look at Sampson Snake Root that was the link that was deleted. But here it is :)
http://www.herb-magic.com/sampson-snake-root.html
#1606 GA

Benita78

Unread post by Benita78 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:54 pm

Thanks for the link! Looked it up and has the description of what I am looking for. Maybe I got real snakes confused with the snake root? Sounds like something I would do. LOL. Now I have to figure out what to use the snake skin for! I have plenty of people I dislike (lol), but most likely won't use it on them. Oh well. I've never had snake skin before , so I'm happy either way. Thanks again for responding! :-)

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:03 pm

I have to double back sometimes. Personally there are so many herbs, roots, oils and a 1001 things I could share but Lucky Mojo has them all :)
Dont forget that a reading from AIRR could be most helpful:
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org
take care and good luck!
#1606 GA

Benita78

Unread post by Benita78 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:19 pm

I actrually have thought about getting a reading, but to be honest I am scared about what they will see. Sounds silly right? My luck hasn't been the greatest in the last couple of years (espeacilly with the "love thing" though i have decided that being alone isn't all that bad. i like being sane lol.) so hearing about anything else that might be going wrong I don't know if i can deal with that. Not saying that they will see or say that, I'm just being paranoid I guess.

I agree there are thousands of roots and such to look over and the one thing about LM is that you can find things that you never thought even existed, plus they are authentic. I also like how they have pics of each one. I made a huge mistake buying a jezebel root on ebay and guess what they sent me? Freakin wood chips! The sad thing is, I say a product review for this particular vendor and everyone raved about how great they were! This definantly shows that alot of people are being "duped" and have no idea what they are looking at (me being an example as well).

When it comes to "The Real Deal" this is the company to go with. So far I have been pleased with everything I have purchased. Anyway what were we talking about again...... LOL. Sorry to have jumped off the subject and rambled on. It's just nice to have people I can chat with about hoodoo, without thinnking I need meds. lol

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:36 pm

Hey Benita 78 you are absolutely right about the products, and I have stated many, many times that the products are prayed over and They are The BEST!
Don't be scared about what a reader from AIRR might see, This could greatly help you, ok?
We all need readings!
#1606 GA

cognitivedissonance

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:17 pm

It's used in "Mules and Men" during a voodoo initiation ceremony, Zora Neale Hurston had to wear it to invite the spirits to come to her (as a hat, a sash and a shoulder wrap, so that would involve three).

tigerlilly
Snake Shed

Unread post by tigerlilly » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:53 pm

Hello Everyone... I am in the process of putting my next order together, and I was wondering about Snake Shed.

I read that it is for jinxing and things of this nature. But, I have also heard from people it can be used powered for inticing/enchanting. I have also heard of it being used for "power" over people. Does anyone know of this?

Thank you in advance :)

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: Snake Shed

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Here is information from the Lucky Mojo Catalogue:
http://herb-magic.com/snake-sheds.html
Edited to include Hoodoo in Herb and Root Magic is right below it in that link! This Book would be great for you to have in your order :)!
#1606 GA

tigerlilly

Unread post by tigerlilly » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Thank you, Triplethreat for the reply. I actually have the book, just not with me. I am away for training at this time and I just wanted to have a box of goodies waiting for me when I return to my duty station. I was interested in the snake shed, but, I was trying to see if anyone else had heard about it being used for power and enticing work.

Again, thank you kindly!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Are you a member of the Military?
Saint Michael The Archangel:
http://www.luckymojo.com/archangelmichael.html
Don't forget as long as you have access to email you can contact a member of the MISC to have a light set:
http://missionaryindependent.org/
The Three Johns Root Jackball is what you need:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html#jack
You will recognize the "Three Johns', Sampson Snake root and a Lodestone.
Good luck, stay posted and Take care and Thank you.
#1606 GA

tigerlilly

Unread post by tigerlilly » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Yes, Triple, I am in the Army. I am very familiar with MISC setting candles, I had several set for me while I was deployed. Funny you mention it, I was just eyeing (again) the 3 Johns Jackball. I have been considering it for some time now.

I am also planning on taking the course once I settle down and things. Went right from deployment to training basically. I had a reading with Ms. Catherine in January where we discussed my desire to take the course. She thinks it will be good for me :)

Thank you very much for the kind words and suggestions!

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:28 pm

Wonderful! Wonderful all the way around! You will love Miss Cat's Class and and all the best wishes for you!
#1606 GA

tigerlilly
Snake Shed Questions and Answers

Unread post by tigerlilly » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:58 pm

Thank you, kindly...

I think I will go ahead and order the snake shed to have on hand. If anyone has any information on any of the uses, such as like I asked, please responde. But, I am going to add it to the cart.

I made an order a week or so ago to stock my daughters and mother up back home. So now it is time to put in for my box so I will have something waiting for me when I leave here!! :)

FlightResponse

Snake parts (other than sheds), and their place in hoodoo

Unread post by FlightResponse » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:57 am

I have a collection of various parts of snakes that have died from natural causes, and I would like to be able to use them in my work, but I am not sure of what their power would be.

To name a few of the items that I have: boa ribs, black mamba skin, and a rattlesnake rattle.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Snake parts (other than sheds), and their place in hoodoo

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 am

Rattlesnake rattles are much sought after and are used in various luck bringing bags and also sometimes tied onto musical instruments. Rattlesnakes have a reputation for bravery (because they let you know before they strike) and musicality (because they rattle). In areas like South Central Texas where I live, Hoodoo has crossed with various strains of Mexican folk magic and you will sometimes see items like rattlesnake salt which is made by taking chunks of rattlesnake and curing it in salt--this can be used in a number of ways, one popular way is through enemy work. Snake ribs may be used in bone readings if you are called to do that kind of work.
Good luck!
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Scratchmade Sweets

Re: Snake Shed Questions and Answers

Unread post by Scratchmade Sweets » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:02 am

I have heard of people using snake skin in love and sexual work. Feed it to someone...after burning it in oven and powder very finely for love. Powder in same manner and rub on genitalia for passion and love.

tigerlilly

Unread post by tigerlilly » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 am

BestofLife

Thank you, Dear!! :D

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:05 pm

I love working with snake sheds. Ours come from some very well-loved herpetological pets!

ZOO-SNA-SHED
Snake Sheds Curio
$3.00

catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:59 pm

I have a few rattlesnake rattles that I have had for a while now. I would like to use one in a mojo bag for myself in the future, but have been having a tough time coming up with feasible bottles to put them in before placing them in the mojo. Is there any small bottles that the shop sells that would not be too huge for a small mojo bag? Someone suggested an old photo film canister, but yeeecch, no thank you!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Zola Kathryn
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Zola Kathryn » Tue May 29, 2012 10:33 am

I have a ball python as a pet and have never tossed any of her sheds--I like using them in works to initiate change. Shed unhealthy habits, people, etc.
In Service,
Miz Zola
HRCC Graduate #1176G

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:17 pm

curious if there is any more info on snake shed for love attraction work...
im thinking of doing an oil lamp for santa martha la dominadora and adding some snake shed
but unsure since the only description i see for snake shed is crossing-work oriented
and my plan is to do some love-dominating work.

any thoughts?

Zola Kathryn
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Zola Kathryn » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:53 pm

Jazzie, I don't know of any love or attraction work involving shed snake-skin.
In Service,
Miz Zola
HRCC Graduate #1176G

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:50 am

miz zola,

thanks.
interesting, just came across this.
from an airr worker, selah
a picture of love work using snake shed,
maybe, the snake shed is supposed to represent
caught, wrapped up, ensnared (in love), just like a snake acts.

http://readersandrootworkers.org/index.php?title=Selah

Miriam17
Re: Snake Sheds Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miriam17 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 am

Not long ago I petitioned Saint Martha to help with some break up work I'm doing. A few days ago I came across an almost fully intact king brown snake shed (I'm in Australia). Beautiful sign :) and only just realised after reading this thread I can use the shed to help with the work too. Thank you LM and thank you Saint Martha.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:56 pm

That is great to hear. I love when things like this happen. I have had very similar occurrences while working closely (and LISTENING!) to Santisima Muerte.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

julyp

Unread post by julyp » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:09 pm

hi guys,
can i put snake shed in a yellow mojo bag I"m taking to court?
I'd like a positive outcome for myself and child against my ex.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:27 pm

hi julyp,

I'm not quite clear of your reason to usin Snake Sheds, and would invite you to consider herbs and roots that can help with having victory in court. Be sure to check out Hoodoo At A Glance for a list of herbs, roots, minerals, and zoological curios to add to your Mojo Bag.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Cagliostro

Snake skin (sheds)

Unread post by Cagliostro » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:23 am

I need snake skin to make goofer dust.
Do you sell it?
Or are you affiliated with anyone who does?
I know you have rattlesnake "rattles", can I just crush a couple up in a mortar and pestle and substitute that?

-Tom

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Hello, Cagliostro,

Yes, Lucky Mojo does!!

Here it is:

http://www.herb-magic.com/snake-sheds.html

Have fun!

ZOO-SNA-SHED
Snake Sheds Curio
$3.00

DrCalamusSweetflag

Rattlesnake Rattle

Unread post by DrCalamusSweetflag » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:20 pm

Is it ok to encapsulate a rattle snake rattle in RESIN? The original glass bottle and another one has broken with the second time causing a cut in the skin. I wanted to stuff personal concern into the open end of the rattle then maybe some roots/herbs then pour the resin over it in a third glass which is slightly larger than the original but same shape. If the glass breaks again then its still sealed in place in the resin. Is this a good idea in terms of having your personal concerns encapsulated with the rattle?

Dr. Calamus Sweetflag

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi DrCalamusSweetflag,

Welcome to the forum. When you get a chance, and assuming you wish to do so, please introduce yourself in the Introductions thread.

Yes, you can do this to help reverse bad luck, which is an European Christian tradition.

Good luck.
HRCC #1909G

DrCalamusSweetflag

Unread post by DrCalamusSweetflag » Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:09 pm

Hi Miss Athena,

Thanks for your response.

I've never put my own personal concerns in resin and just don't know how that may affect me. Will I feel trapped. I usually follow the old southern folk magic principal of "like equals like". Just like the hair/rattle/roots/herbs are encapsulated and surrounded by resin so shall the person feel encapsulated and surrounded in their physical/spiritual world. Has any one done this and see any negative effects? I am coming to terms with the possibility of being an empathy so this may be a big issue for me. When I put myself in a jack ball and twirl it, I feel dizzy. I had to take it apart immediately. With resin, taking it apart wont be a easy task. If I drop it in water to try and kill the work then I might be encapsulated and in stuck in water. Or if I burn it to kill the work then of course you can imagine the ramifications of that until it melts and releases your personal concern. Maybe that's the reason a flannel bag or a glass jar is best because it breathes and/or can be opened to be taken apart if needed.

What do you guys think? Divination tells me it will be ok but logic is over taking me.

Dr. Calamus Sweetflag

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Hello, DrCalamusSweetflag ,

If you are this much of an empath, don't do it.

Go with your gut feelings!!

Take care

Heather

Unread post by Heather » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi, I hope this is the appropriate thread to post this under. My apologies if it's not.

I was wondering if I can use snake skin instead of snake sheds in goofer dust. I have the hide of a cobra, but sheds are a little harder to come across. Poisonous snakes don't live in my area.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:19 pm

Hello, Heather,

I am sorry but It is against the forum rules to ask about making homemade products. This forum is to help Lucky Mojo clients with their Lucky Mojo products.

Thank you

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”