Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Special Oil No. 20 Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo conjure oils and ritual oils in magic spells, and which oils are best for your purposes.
cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Special Oil No. 20 Testimonials

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:46 am

I won $1000 in the lottery today with Special Oil #20 and a green candle. That makes it $1800 this year since I started with LM products. Don't give up if you don't strike it rich the first time... with persistence and prayer it DOES work!
HRCC Student #2174G

Amilo
Re: Yet another BIG WIN with Lucky Mojo

Unread post by Amilo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:27 am

cognitivedissonance
did u only use the oil and a green candle?

Congrats!! :D

cognitivedissonance
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:50 am

Amilo

I did indeed! Special Oil #20 seems to be the best for my skills at this point. I had success with a bayberry candle as well a few months ago, but they're pricy to get when it's not Christmas season. I intend to try LM's big bayberry candle with my next order (which now I have money for! :mrgreen: )

I have difficulties with Fast Luck, it doesn't seem to work with my style, but ever since I've switched to Special Oil #20 it's been like night and day for me. I can't emphasize enough how you need to experiment and find the oils that work for you and your goals.

Amen!
HRCC Student #2174G

Amilo

Unread post by Amilo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:19 am

Then maybe i should try this oil?! :P
I wanted to use fast luck, and cover my hands before i play the numbers on the keno and lotto card.

As i read that is what u should do.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:40 am

I agree that different products work for different people. Glad to hear of your success.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 am

Amilo, there is nowhere that i tell people what they "should" do. We all have opinions, experiences, and family traditions, and we share them as best we can, because conjure is not like a role-playing game with a rule-set and victory conditions.

Please try to understand that folk magic is more like cooking than it is like filling out an insurance claim form.

There is more than one way to do most anything -- in cooking and in conjure.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Amilo

Unread post by Amilo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:16 pm

:) Cat! I do understand that!
But i have never worked with this before. And i am afraid to do a simple misstake!

I have made a big order of your Oils :) and i hope they will bring something to me. And let u have a candle set for me in the church.
And i will see, if i can do small things on my own.
But i want to know everything that i can :) its only that.
Thats why i ask like i do, as i read a lot of different stuff here, how everyone does the spells on their own.

JCPA72

Unread post by JCPA72 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:19 pm

Cat makes a great point, somethings work and something don't - like the work I did for two different friends to help them with work and school, I saw quick results, but then the work I did on my own behalf (for work) took much longer to manifest. What I've noticed is that it's not so much the ABC's of a spell - it's more about the intent and focus, I've made mistakes along the way, and things still worked out fine because my intentions/focus/prayers were on point, even if I forgot to add something or did something in the wrong order. So don't worry Amilo, just keep your focus and things have a way of working out :) Good Luck!
My most gracious thanks to La Caridad Del Cobre, St. Martha, St. Michael, and La Virgen de La Regla

Amilo

Unread post by Amilo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:05 am

JCPA - I totally understand :)

Can i ask, when i lit the dressed candle, put the photo of me and my lover together, and the written paper under. And say my intention, plus the psalm. Do i have to sit long time together around the candle, or can i just say what i need to say, and go away, and let it burn for himself?

Buttercup

Unread post by Buttercup » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:52 am

You don't have to stay staring at the candle until it burns completely, but make sure that you're really focused on your intention for as long as you are over the candle. Five minutes of really focused prayer and stating of your intentions is way better that one hour looking at a candle and just saying words and intentions without really feeling it or being focused. Be careful though if you let a candle burn unattended, it's a possible fire hazard!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:14 am

For money drawing work, I like Bayberry, Prosperity, Money House Blessing especially. Nice to hear your success cognitivedissonance; and please continue to work what 'works' for you.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Amilo

Unread post by Amilo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 am

Hi, Buttercup!

Thanx, now i know.
Helped me much for just knowing that!!

atricus
Special oil 20 and herbs mixes

Unread post by atricus » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:24 am

I am waiting on more LM love condition oils and started using special oil No. 20 on my honey jar. My honey jar is for love so I wanted to know if mixing some LM love herbs mixture in the bottle would be a good idea?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Re: Special oil 20 and herbs mixes

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:15 pm

Nothings going to stop you, but you do not have to. Special Oil No.20 is great for love so you don't need to add love herbs to it. Doing so would also, to me, fix it only for love and I think that would be a waste since Special Oil No.20 is also great for Luck, Money and Protection work.

Instead of adding the love herbs to the oil, add them to the candle. Oil the candle and roll it in a powder made from the herbs.
HRCC Student #1559

DrXTheRebirth
Re: Special Oil No. 20 Testimonials

Unread post by DrXTheRebirth » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:27 pm

cognitivedissonance

I have some of that on deck as we speak. I might have to try that tonight.
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.

DeborahHarris
Specifics on Special Oil #20

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 am

I have a question that may seem silly but I'm only asking because I'm not sure. When I use oils in my glassed vigil 7 day candles I usually poke three holes in it and place a drop of oil in each hole. Can I do this with the Special Oil #20 or do I just annoint the wick (before trimming it, of course) since it says it is a "wick" oil. Thanks in advance for all of you guys input.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Specifics on Special Oil #20

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:24 am

DeborahHarris, your question points to changing candle usage.

In the days before glass-encased candles were common in conjure shops (they really were only introduced in the mid 1970s), people burned free-standing candles, either plain or figural. The oil was used to anoint the outer surface of the candle and the absorbent wick, since there was no place to "poke holes" in such a candle. Thus the oil was called Wick Oil.

The method of dressing glass-encased candles by poking holes in them is tied only to the use of vigil lights, and this has led to the use of wick oil -- or any oil -- as a dressing in those holes.

Thus it is perfectly appropriate to dress either kind of candle with Special Oil No. 20.

OIL-SPE-SO20
Special Oil No. 20
$12.00

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: Special Oil No. 20 Questions and Answers

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Another use for Special Oil #20: Dress a white candle or a candle that corresponds to the color of the day for general blessings or for when you are not sure what you should be praying or working for.

Colors of the day:
Sunday: Gold, orange, yellow
Monday: Silver, white, black
Tuesday: Red
Wednesday: Lavender, orange
Thursday: Purple, dark blue
Friday: Green, pink, light blue
Saturday: Black, gray, dark red

phonehappy

Confused about Special oil #20

Unread post by phonehappy » Fri May 18, 2012 12:59 pm

I am doing something to attract a certain person. Not quite sure where I want to go with it yet but so far,
I have come to me oil, attraction oil,
an attraction 7 day vigil candle and a controlling 7 day candle (i can't remember exacty which controlling one I have..I'm at work..bad memory lol)
I also got some of the new attraction powder and a skull candle

I also got the Special oil #20 but I don't know why :?

Can I incorporate it with whatever I decide to do or save it for something else?

If it's all purpose, how does it know what I want from it.. Can I turn it into any type of oil i want by stating what I want to get out of it?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: Confused about Special oil #20

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri May 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Special Oil #20 can be used for any positive work. However, the Attraction oil and powder and the Come to Me Oil may sufficient for what you are doing now.

phonehappy

Re: Confused about Special oil #20

Unread post by phonehappy » Tue May 22, 2012 12:28 pm

Thanks a ton!!!

AonieD

Unread post by AonieD » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:13 pm

I am really looking forward to my order coming in. I've tried to track down special oil no. 20 for a very long time. This is going to help me help a lot of people.

magicmurphy

Unread post by magicmurphy » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:13 pm

I'm surprised at how often I reach for Special Oil #20. Aside from the fact that I think it smells good enough to eat, it really has been an effective go-to when I don't have all I need on hand. And even when I do, it still is one I grab a lot for both spellwork and my healing/reiki practice. I've used it for blessing, candle dressing, devotion, luck, attraction, and the ancestors seem to really like it. So does Santa Muerte. Go figure.

Good thing it comes in a big ol' bottle! Really a bargain, too, for all it can help you with.

And the Lucky Spirit Incense is the burnable version.. (ms cat, I'm happy to say my latest batch is wonderful, and my room smells great when it's burning. I'm very pleased, and I think the ancestors are too. :) Thank you! )

Murphy
St. Paul, MN

AonieD

Unread post by AonieD » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm glad to hear Santisima Muerte likes it. For me, she is syncretized with Manman Brigitte. If the ancestors like it and are happy, then everybody is happy. ;)

Gos

Unread post by Gos » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:05 am

Odd question... I'm about to order Lucky Mojo's Special oil #20 as my "go to good oil"... I was wondering does it have a counterpart I could by? I mean if this blend is a good all around oil for positive work, is there a mother oil for Hexing/crossing/dominating etc... basically it's opposite. I'm still prone to buy the right oil for the right job but sometimes you have to move quick... often the quickest would be on the darker side.

I'm excited to hear what the more experienced member have to say.

As it stands now I'm about to order Ambermerlin Oil
special no. 20
and hopefully something dark to level the field.

I'll hold off my order for a day or so to see if anyone has any ideas

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:04 am

Hi Gos,

for your ''dark'' oil, getting a rootworker's combination of Crossing, Confusion and either Jinx, Damnation, Destruction or Devil (depending on just how mean you want to be) would do the trick nicely.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Gos

Unread post by Gos » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:41 am

Aura,
Thank you so much for your reply. I know it was a very strange question! I've been looking for that offer to blend oils but for some reason I can't find it on the page... I've also lost the big chart that lists what herbs and oils are grouped together. Both were on Luckymojo... if you happen to find them let me know. Especially the "to blend" oil offer. I'm sure it's right in front of my face and I'm just over looking it (them)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:38 pm

Hello, Gos

Are you talking about this? www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Gos

Unread post by Gos » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:23 am

Miss Anida!

You are a lifesaver... honestly that has been driving me nuts for days. I simply could NOT find it no matter what I did. Thank you so so much for that! You are now officially on my 'proven' rootworker list cause you took a huge headache away!

Don't suppose I can push my luck and ask if you know where the Lucky Mojo offer to mix oils is... again I simply can't find it. And it's not like I'm new to the site or anything. I've just went blind when it came to these two pages.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:08 am

Hi Gos,

I'm not Miss Aida, but for the Rootworker's and Church special, you'll find it here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html#special

The listing also has the link to the info-page on the subject here: http://www.luckymojo.com/oilblends.html
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

Gos

Unread post by Gos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Aura,

Thank you! There was something so frustrating about not being able to find those pages... thanks so much to all the Mods that helped me and helped answer some pretty strange questions. I guess my next step is to go ahead and grab the wick oil and figure out its "reversal" blend. Again thanks so much.

Also if anyone has any more suggestions for #20's inverse oil mix feel free to pass them on... I just don't want to highjack the threat.

chloe1775

Unread post by chloe1775 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi can someone please post the link for the small bottle of No.20 oil. Every link I click on explains what it is but I don't see where I can add it to my cart. Thanks so much.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Hello, chloe1775,

Just go to this page and scroll down to the set of oils that are in larger bottles. You will find it there

www.luckymojo.com/mojocatoils.html

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

AlyssaH
HRCC Student

Unread post by AlyssaH » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:34 am

I took out some from my big bottle & fixed it with Queen Elizabeth root in a 1/2 ounce dropper bottle. It smells amazing & it's potent! I liek Special Oil #20, it's like salt, it does what you tell it to :)
HRCC Student #1989

coastwitch

Unread post by coastwitch » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:43 pm

AlyssaH,

I agree, it smells fantastic and it really does "take requests" and do what you ask it to do. It is cheap too, because it has no herbs in it, so you can add any appropriate herbs you want.
coastwitch

AlyssaH
HRCC Student

Unread post by AlyssaH » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:34 am

Special oil #20 could be fantastic for using up those leftover herbs that one gets sometimes. That's what I was was doing with the Queen Elizabeth root.
HRCC Student #1989

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:19 pm

AlyssaH

I just started doing this myself. Awhile back, I read about someone putting a John the Conqueror root in a bottle of SO#20 and I have one in there now. I also read the Frankincense strengthens any blends so I used some with a Hoyt's Cologne Hair Wash I put together along with a couple of tears in my psychic oil blend (power, master key, spirit guide, psychic vision) just recently.

I love the fragrance of Special Oil #20. I''m going to do some more reading and research to see which other herbs, roots or minerals would blend together with each other.

veggiekiller88
HRCC Student

Unread post by veggiekiller88 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:32 pm

I just got my first bottle of this stuff and omg...it smells soooo freaking good

Nony65

Unread post by Nony65 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:13 am

Hello everyone,

I have just ordered a bottle of Special Oil No 20 after reading about it and it's purposes. The thing is, when using the oil, how would I petition for more than one thing? So for example, my partner has been getting annoyed at me recently, my "friends" are ignoring me or so it seems and my luck seems to have taken a dip :(

I have pink offetory candles and a couple of jumbo candles as I know these types can help with romance and attraction. When anointing this candle though, can I say use it to ask for better changes in my relationship, friendships and luck or would I have to use a seperate candle for each e.g anoint Special No 20 for one candle to help soothe the mind of my partner, another for bringing back the interests of my friends etc?

Thank you!

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Hello Nony65,

I prefer to keep my spells simple and focused so if this were me, I would anoint a separate candle for each subject. You can burn them together and pray for your overall success, but let each candle work a specific goal.

Hope that helps.

Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

cassiehart

Unread post by cassiehart » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:09 pm

I think Special Oil #20 gets a bad rap sometimes, usually from people new to hoodoo.

There seems to be some sort of weird mental block towards it - a thought that if it's good for everything, it must be stretched too thin, too non-specific, and therefore actually good for nothing.

I certainly do find that when I wear this oil with no specific purpose, I find myself experiencing a lot of pleasant synchronicity. I think of something I'd like to research, and an article or a special on the subject pops up. I want to buy something, I discover a promo code in my email to get it practically for free. I DO buy something, and not only discover a gift card I'd forgotten about, but the balance left on the card is four cents more than my total! That kind of thing.

Marie Laveau and Anna Riva both thought highly of Special Oil #20. How much more prodding could you possibly need?

Lazulum

Unread post by Lazulum » Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:27 pm

Just wanted to share a cool way to work with Special Oil 20, I used it to refill a big bottle of Sun / Master / Crown of Success / Road Opener oil that I used as a daily anointment for success at work. (And also to dress candles on my sugar jar for my boss and supervisor.)

While there wasn't much of the original oil left, all the original herbs and curios were still in the bottle. I added the Special Oil 20 to it, and prayed that the new oil would bring all of the same blessings as the original oil.

Does it work? Oh boy yes! You know an anointing oil is working great when you hardly even need it anymore. Over the past year I've gone from being reprimanded in the boss's office several times a week for my frequent mistakes, to never being reprimanded even when I do mess up-- which is pretty rare. Other people will cover for my mess-ups, without me asking them to. Even when the boss does find out, he barely even slaps my wrist.

Next time I order any rootworker's special 4 oz oil, I'll be ordering the Special Oil 20 too!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:44 pm

Hello, Lazulum

Thanks for sharing!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Anointing and Dressing Oils in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”