Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:47 pm

To ask what you are doing "wrong" is self-defeating.

Get a reading from a reputable and ethical member of AIRR.

I would also suggest that you start with some bathing and cleansing. It could be that someone has jinxed your love. It could be something else.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

only1karen

Unread post by only1karen » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Okay, I'm new to this type of forum, so please excuse any blunders?

I am however fairly experienced with magical workings and such, but after reading A LOT of posts on this topic, I am now actually second guessing a recent binding rite I did...

I did a very strong binding on, wait for it.... On December 10th during the full moon while mercury was in retrograde.

I made sure to perform my normal protection etc, beforehand, but also noticed that it appeared to not have ANY effect on the intended at all?

Conversely I also noticed that during the very next week I had a ton of chaos, both monetary & medical. So I of course did a thorough house floor wash, called on my Amparo to assist me, AND started a reversal candle. Since i found out that the situation/person I bound, was still going along strong with her agenda to draw my man away, I've been plagued with severe depression along with a big dose of paranoia, & anxiety. I do believe allot of it also has to do with the holidays, or at least the season is not helping. :-(

I'm completely open to any ideas, advice or ways to determine if in fact my binding brought this on to myself?

I take full responsibilty if I inadvertently brought this on myself, but would also REALLY APPRECIATE any advice on how to clean this mess up if in fact I created it?

Thank you for taking the time to read my predicament & possibly have advice?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:00 am

Here are the relevant Lucky Mojo web pages and Lucky Mojo Forum thread pages for spell timing according to a number of different systems of calculation:

Spell-timing: Planetary Spiritual Supplies and Days of the Week:
http://luckymojo.com/planetary.html

Spell-timing: Planetary Influences, Days of the Week:
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... t1429.html

Spell-timing: Zodiacal Spiritual Supplies and Zodiac Signs :
http://luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html

Spell-timing: Moon Phases and Handy Moon Phase Caluculator
http://luckymojo.com/moonphases.html

Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course
spell-timing-moon-phases-t442.html

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades
spell-timing-eclipses-and-retrogrades-t2025.html

Spell-timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock TIme
spell-timing-time-of-day-or-night,-cloc ... 11842.html

Spell Timing: Dates of Month / Numerically Interesting Dates
spell-timing-dates-of-month-numerically ... t8110.html
catherine yronwode

only1karen

Unread post by only1karen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:17 pm

Can anyone help me find the replies to a question I posted back in December?

I've received a couple of emails stating that there were replies to my posts, but I'll be damned if I can find them?

I've clicked on the link in the email and it only takes me to the forum I posted in (which appears to only have 2 pages)

I've clicked on "view my posts" and it only takes me to my post, but there are no replies to it other than something from Cathrine showing other links that I have searched & found no replies to my question...

I never felt so confused and ignorant of the ways a forum works... lol

I know this is a huge and wonderful community that I've learned so much from by just reading! :-)

I just wish to find the replies/answers/suggestions to my post.

I've read the FAQ and technical help sections to no avail. Can ANYONE help/teach me how to navigate this infinite library of knowledge?

Thanks y'all!
only1karen :-)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:57 pm

Hello, only1karen --

It actually does not look like anyone replied to your questions posted in December, but i will do so now.

The binding spell you did when Mercury was in retrograde probably just failed. You said it did "not have ANY effect on the intended at all" This is not uncommon, and it is, in fact, why many people advise not to attempt spells when Mercury is retrograde.

Then you had "a ton of chaos, both monetary & medical." Well, that is common for times of Mercury retrograde, too. Also computers and cars breaking and checks getting lost in the mail. So this need not have had any connection to the failed spell. You just go side-swiped by Mercury retrograde.

Then you say you "did a thorough house floor wash [...] AND started a reversal candle." Well, the house wash is good, but doing a Reversing spell during a time of Mercury retrograde is ill-advised. The whole problem is that Mercury is apparently reversed. You want to STRENGTHEN Mercury, not further F-it-up.

Then you say, "I've been plagued with severe depression along with a big dose of paranoia, & anxiety. " That is not the result of the failed spell. That's your own stuff. Do spells for cleansing and start again when Mercury is direct.

Finally, you say that you want "to determine if in fact my binding brought this on to myself" That's just paranoid. Drop it.

[Edit: Thanks, Devi; i edited the other stuff out and just stuck with the topic at hand. --cat]
catherine yronwode

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:26 pm

Hello, I know the title probably raised an eyebrow , but let me explain.

For the early portion of my 20's I had no problems landing guys. No matter where I was at, I had guys staring at me, trying to talk to me..hll I had a few boyfriends even. I was just doing my thing!

Now when I got into my late twenties all of that STOPPED. I had one or two failed relationships and after that I wasn't attracting anyone. No one liked me. The two guys I had in my late twenties, I feel like I somehow managed to push away due to arguments, but I refuse to hold the full blame. I even pushed away the one man who has chased me for years, whom I have a child by. The bad part is that he no longer wants a relationship but he just wants us to continue hooking up (we started doing that almost two years ago).

I feel like something is wrong with me. Like maybe I argues too much, maybe I stood up for myself too much, maybe I accused them of too much wrong (Though they were doing wrong I found out in the end). I even gained a considerable amount of weight due to stress with my ex and have struggled to take it off, but idk why its not moving again.

Now I'm 30 and just hooking up with my Baby's father whom doesn't want a relationship anymore, no other men look at me; I'm lonely, I feel broken, I feel unlucky in loving or even sexual relationships. I feel like I make men dislike or even hate me.

I'm writing this post because I honestly have finally come to a point where I am too sad, and too lonely and even as I write this I have tears in my eyes. I want the fairy tale, I want to attract many men, and feel beautiful and wanted again.

Can someone please help me with this? :cry:

only1karen

Unread post by only1karen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:39 pm

LOL thanks Catherine... I feel like I should call you Ms. Yronwode or Mistress Catherine?? I'm honored that you have taken the time to not only help me with my original plea, but also assuage my fear of being totally internet forum illiterate! :-)

After reading your reply, Allot makes more sense now, not only did the binding I did fail etc... Everything else I posted actually happened after Mercury had gone direct, hence my impression that I'd brought it all upon myself... Looks like I just got a super duper dose of Mercury retro whiplash! lol

Dang, I really hate that the binding spell was a waste, I really went all out & used my special Dia De Los Muertos skull tequila bottle a friend gave me! Was saving it for just the perfect need. Which this was & in fact still is...

Any suggestions? I mean for doing the binding again or another path to the same end?

Thanks again, I really appreciate this cool community you've created!

Many blessings to you and yours,
only1Karen

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:03 pm

It sounds like you need healing and wisdom work in addition to the normal kinds of love work -- and maybe uncrossing, too.

Before you start rummaging around in the Lucky Mojo catalog buying random spell kits, you really ought to consider having a reading with one of the fine, ethical, honest workers at AIRR. Or you could sign up for next week's Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour and get top-quality coaching and divination from not one, but three AIRR members :-)
Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:13 am

MissMichaele wrote:It sounds like you need healing and wisdom work in addition to the normal kinds of love work -- and maybe uncrossing, too.

Before you start rummaging around in the Lucky Mojo catalog buying random spell kits, you really ought to consider having a reading with one of the fine, ethical, honest workers at AIRR. Or you could sign up for next week's Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour and get top-quality coaching and divination from not one, but three AIRR members :-)
Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
I've visted AIRR before, and I'll try to give them a go again. I have a very slow internet access so IDK how I can listen to the radio show but I'll try. Yea I was also thinking I needed to try some spiritual items like the baths. I really feel jinxed with Love. Its weird.

darkdracul

Unread post by darkdracul » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:14 pm

first in the common way, you must work in your self-steem.

In magick way I think you must use next:
1-if maybe you have a curse, or bad luck, or blockaged.
first you must or find some expert in the matter to perform on you a uncrossing ritual to release you to the bad things (curses or bad luck, anything,) maybe 1 or 3 times it depends.
or call the help of saint cyprian to release of the curse or bad luck.

2-then free of bad luck a ritual of "abre camino" open road, to open the blockages,
http://www.luckymojo.com/roadopener.html

3- and for luck in love the "chuparrosa" hummingbird items to attract the energy of love. http://www.luckymojo.com/chuparrosa.html

that's my opinion i'm not a expert but,i hope it helps

newbie2012

Unread post by newbie2012 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:41 am

Hi,

I know Mercury Retrograde starts today 1/23/2012 and last till April. Just wondering if I should put Mercury Retrograde oil from any store brand on my Money Drawing candles? So far, the effects have already hit me 2 times this weekend.

I am psychically open and my protection candles has alot of black streaks on the glass. I have been burning a protection candle along with my Money Drawing, Uncrossing, Road Opener and Fast Luck candles for the last 2 batches and seeing black streaks on my Money Candle and Protection candles are disturbing. I know my present apartment is not safe to live in since life-sucking lower entities visit me at night and attach to me. I know this when I dream and when I go to work and I have this feeling that something is sucking my life-force. At the moment, I am trying to find a cheaper studio or one bedroom apartment near nature like park or mountains where there are grounded positive safe energies for $500/month that includes utilities with 24/7 security. I know this is a long shot, but I really want my peace and serenity and budget so I can start paying off my massive student loan debts especially Sally Mae who has doubled my debts in 4 years. I only borrowed $90,000 but since I have no co-signer and unable to pay for the last 4 years, they said I now own $160,000 and that is just Sallie Mae.

My shaman said my abusive parents from NYC have been sending me ALOT of negative energies with incense because I left the matrix of their abusiveness and for the fact that my uneducated parents don't look at themselves in the mirror. I was gonna do a reversal candle to send them all their negative energies of the last couple of years back to them for holding me back for so many years and not leaving me alone, but I read doing Reversal when Mercury Retrograde or cursing in general is consider a No No.

My income is unsteady and have been depending on Money Drawing magic to draw in more jobs for awhile. I did Uncrossing candles on myself in December 2011 and again there are alot of black streaks. It is obstacles and more obstacles kept piling up.

How do I go about doing Money Drawing magic without interference of psychic attacks, metaphysical or spiritual attacks ESPECIALLY WHEN MERCURY RETROGRADE?

Is there such things as a Perfect Apartment hunting spell or should I hire a professional practitioner to perform it. My time is really short, I have till March 1, 2012 to move out.
Please help. Thank you.

Jibrael
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jibrael » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:03 am

My understanding of Hoodoo is that it doesn't really worry about things like a Mercury Retrograde, or astrological timing (which is Western/European, and Hoodoo has its roots in African magic). So I don't think there would be a specific Hoodoo/Conjure answer to your question. But I have a personal recommendation.

According to the Vedic interpretation of astrology, retrogrades are actually the energy of the planet intensified to the point of being overwhelming. So, following that system, Jupiter energy is what you need to ramp up (as its sort of the "opposite" of Mercury), in order to balance out the Mercury energy. Lucky Mojo does have products tied into planetary energies, so I'd recommend using Jupiter oils or powders to counterbalance the Mercury Retrograde. If you're in to Deity work, Ganesha is a good call as well, as He is associated with Jupiter in some Vedic astrology, and is the remover of obstacles and granter of good fortune.

I have personally had good success using Jupiter energies and Ganesha to work against the harmful effects of Mercury Retrogrades.

I'll let some of the more experiences conjure people on here talk to some of the other things you mentioned.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1816

pma

Unread post by pma » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:35 am

Actually, Mars Retrograde starts today and lasts until April.

Mercury Retrograde occurs three times a year and lasts approximately 3 weeks each time. Mercury Retrograde occurs on March 12th this year for the first time.
Thank you, St. Francis, for your protection.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 am

newbie2012, please read this thread for more information about casting spells during times of retrograde.

Please also understand that your other issues (abusive parents, paying off student loan debts) belong in other areas of the forum. There are so many posts here every day that we do not allow people to create bundled or thrown-together or "kitchen sink" requests for assistance with a wide variety of issues. Rather, we insist that questions about magical spells relating to various life conditions be addressed in one of the many condition sub-forums and that questions about each Lucky Mojo product or class of products be addressed in one of the many product sub-forums. Thanks for understanding.

Jibrael, thank you for trying to help newbie2012 -- but you have been misinformed.

You wrote, "My understanding of Hoodoo is that it doesn't really worry about things like a Mercury Retrograde, or astrological timing (which is Western/European, and Hoodoo has its roots in African magic). "

I wish to correct your misconceptions.

1) In all human cultures since prehistoric times, people have observed, marked, and predicted the movements of the Sun, Moon, and planets with varying degrees of interest and varying degrees of astronomical accuracy -- and have applied symbolic or astrological meanings to the aspects, angles, eclipses, retrograde movements, and other observable phenomena of the heavens.

2) Hoodoo is the folk magic of the African American community nationwide (not of Africans). It shares elements with African folk-magic, European folk-magic, Jewish folk-magic, and Native American folk-magic of the South East.

3) Because hoodoo contains evidence of a great deal of cultural sharing (North American herb lore from Native Americans, the use of the Biblical Psalms in magic from the Jews, First-Footing traditions from Scotland, tea-leaf reading from England, fava beans for luck from Sicily, etc.), it is only natural to assume that it also incorporates a certain amount of common and widely distributed European and Arabic astronomical and astrological knowledge.

4) To assert that African Americans -- while retaining African folk-magic knowledge and also incorporating diverse elements from other cultures -- could not, would not, or did not observe and record astronomical phenomena and/or apply symbolic or astrological symbolism to astronomical movements is unsupportable, because historical evidence in print in fact demonstrates that African American practitioners of hoodoo were reading and professionally casting horoscopes and having their horoscopes cast for them from a time period dating to shortly after the Emancipation and the end of the Civil War.

5) If you wish to research this further, i suggest that you look into two names of African American professional root doctors from the era before World War Two who used modern astrology, sold their spiritual supply products to African American mail-order clients and customers nationwide, and left a "paper trail" of their astrological interests. They were Dr. E. P. Read of Philadelphia and Edward Lowe of Chicago. I have written about both in this forum. I have supplied evidence of their interest in astrology repeatedly at my workshops on Astrology for Rootworkers. A third African American rootworker, D. Alexander of Brooklyn, New York, was arrested in 1925 for selling Goofer Dust which, as he noted in his sales flyer, was made during the "New Moon" or the dark of the Moon, but whether he was an astrologer or was simply working according to visible lunar phenomena is not known. You can read about him here, at my Southern Spirits site:
http://southern-spirits.com/anon-voodoo ... oklyn.html
catherine yronwode

candlemagician

Unread post by candlemagician » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:47 am

Thank You Ms. Cat for making this clear, I enjoy learning from these "corrections", since I was of the wrong understanding here as well. We are so lucky to have a "teacher" like you, with a wealth of understanding and knowledge.

pma

Unread post by pma » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:16 am

I am new to Hoodoo but have been mindful of astrological transits and energies for over 10 years. As such, I have timed the lighting of candles based on astrological energies (transits, planetary hours, planetary days) and the flame of the candle and residue left behind have been pretty responsive.

For example, due to planetary transits I wanted to exploit on a Friday (a day one would not traditionally light a candle on a vinegar jar), I have lit a black candle on Friday, the day of Venus, during the hour of Saturn in order to capitalize on the negative and restrictive energy Saturn can have on Venus. I put that intention into my prayer and as I have deep beliefs regarding astrology, I believe it served to strengthen my work.

Some people choose to work with the hands of the clock. I choose to work with astrological energies since those are my tendencies.

With all of that said, I am preparing to investigate the Mars Retrograde period with an AIRR reader to guide the timing of future workings. There are several AIRR readers who are very knowledgable about Astrology - Deacon Millett and catherine yronwode come directly to mind.

Jibrael
HRCC Student

Unread post by Jibrael » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Thank you for giving me the proper information. That was very informative, so I'm going to go back and read this thread to make sure I'm more accurate in the future. I'm trying to make sure as I do my personal pagan traditions that I keep accurate about what Hoodoo is and isn't, and it pleases me to know I was wrong on this point, as Moon phases and other such starry happennings are important in other work I do.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Student #1816

barbie818

Unread post by barbie818 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi forum. I have a little bit of a problem. I had the perfect relationship and suddenly things changed. Through many readings, i found out my relationship has been cursed by an ex friend. She was always jealous of me. I found out that she did some sort of binding against me, my boyfriend, and our relationship. what should I do? I want things to be wonderful again

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:46 pm

You might: But you'll probably need to do serious cleansing/uncrossing and protection work first.
Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

barbie818

Unread post by barbie818 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:27 pm

Thank you sooo much for your advice! Would the reversal spells help both my boyfriend and I or will i have to do double of everything? Thanks

barbie818

Unread post by barbie818 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 pm

Hi to all of you :D
I was wondering what the best candle would be for me. I want my boyfriend more lovey dovey and attached to me. we're in a serious relationship and I want more commitment as well. i still haven't met his parents :(

Should i use a nude male candle and a nude female candle anointed in the proper oil?
Should i use a bride and groom candle?
A vigil candle?

If a free standing candle is used, do i carve our names? i'm confused

Please let me know all. Have a great day

barbie818

Unread post by barbie818 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:44 pm

Hi everybody!
I have a problem. I have a great boyfriend but he has a bad habit of always checking out other girls and commenting. Is there a candle and oils that would help me?
I want his eyes and attention more on me

Any advice would be appreciated ;)

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mary Bee » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:20 pm

Some formulas you might try are Kiss Me Now! and Fire of Love and Dixie Love, both of which inspire more passion in a relationship.

A bride and groom candle would be good if you want specifically a marital relationship. You can carve your name on the woman and the boyfriend's name on the groom, dress it with the oil, pray your petition and light it.

Here are all the dressed vigil candles that LM offers; you may want to purchase one to burn on the Missionary Independent Spiritualist Church's altar and make a petition that way. Adam and Eve formula is also good for couples:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#vigil

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

barbie818

Unread post by barbie818 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 am

Hello. I have a quick question. If i burn a stay with me vigil candle, should i put a picture of moth me and my boyfriend underneath with my petition on the back of it? Thanks

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:47 pm

barbie818: Yes this would work just fine! Good luck and please keep us updated.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:19 pm

Dear Fellow Hoodoo doers,

On June 5-6 there will be a rare transit of Venus, when Venus appears as a dot moving across the sun. Next transit will happen in like 100 years.

I'm asking those of you who know astrology, is it a good time or bad time to do love, reconciliation, art, music, money spells?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 pm

For those unfamiliar with the term, the transit being referenced here is when Venus, as seen from Earth, appears to move across the face of the Sun. Actually transits of Venus are not that rare. They happen about every 5 or 6 years. According to Wikipedia, "The next transit of Venus will occur on June 5–6 in 2012, succeeding the previous transit on June 8, 2004. After 2012, the next transits of Venus will be in December 2117 and December 2125."

This transit is RETROGRADE -- that is, as seen from Earth, Venus appears to be moving backwards. Most astrologers consider retrograde motion to be expressive of the negative traits of a planet; it would not be a good time to start a love spell, despite the transit.
catherine yronwode

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:42 pm

This is good to know! I learned something new tonight. :)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:53 pm

Papa_Newt wrote:This is good to know! I learned something new tonight. :)
Me too: how little I know about astrology :P Back to the books...
Two-Headed Doctor

Rabbit Mountain

Unread post by Rabbit Mountain » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:32 pm

Astrology's been my hobby for a little over a decade. Venus retrograde would be a good transit for separation or break-up spells, and jinxing others with regard to money or love or sex. Since Venus is retrograding across the Sun as seen from Earth, such work might be especially potent if your target is a man or a Leo, since the Sun is a masculine energy and rules Leo.

Actually now that I think about it, this would be a perfect transit for a break-up & reconcile — to break up your partner from his/her lover, then draw him/her back. From May 15 to June 27, break-up work while Venus is actually retrograde; then from June 27 onward, when Venus turns direct again, reconciliation work.

Just my $.02 — YMMV

—Paula

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Nice interpretation Rabbit Mountain. Astrology has always been a serious interest of mine, I am waiting for cat to launch a course.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Kittyluver

Unread post by Kittyluver » Tue May 01, 2012 2:10 pm

How very cool!!! :D

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Tue May 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Very interesting interpretation Paula. Thanks for sharing your .02¢ with us! :D
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Jinglepop

Unread post by Jinglepop » Tue May 01, 2012 8:07 pm

Very good idea over there Rabbit Mountain. Freaking brilliant. *gets ideas*

pma

Unread post by pma » Wed May 02, 2012 9:57 am

From May 15th to May 20th, the moon just happens to be waning, as well. There's a nice little window for a 5 day spell during the waning moon with Venus retrograde.

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Mon May 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Three questions:
1. For a Love Uncrossing bath, are there any Psalms or other Bible verses you'd recommend for it?
2. Are there any particular spells or love work that I should be ready to perform, in the event I find someone who could be The One? To put it another way, are there any products, spell kits, etc. that I should have on hand ready to use BEFORE this person arrives, so that I can be ready to start casting right away, rather than having to run order products? (The whole idea of working on the relationship while things are still good, rather than waiting for things to go bad.)
3. Can a nation sack be altered for the same sex?

Thanks!
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:59 pm

1. Psalm 91
2. If you are trying to attract a new love you can use the come to me spell kit.
www.luckymojo.com/cometome.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

fire_and_ice

Unread post by fire_and_ice » Tue May 08, 2012 9:58 am

Greetings,

After reading the posts on this thread, I conclude the following:

a.) Never start or continue spellwork during a solar or lunar eclipse. Do not do any spellwork during the day of an eclipse.

b.) If, when in the midst of setting lights in runs/an ongoing candle spell, and/or a spell being done over a certain number of days, skip the spellwork for that day of the eclipse, and resume the work the following day. Skipping the one day of spellwork should not negatively affect the successful outcome of the spellwork. The practitioners at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church follow this procedure because they are traditional Rootworkers.

Is this correct? Kindly correct me if I’m wrong.

Thanks in advance.

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Tue May 08, 2012 12:31 pm

starsinthesky7: Thank you for your advice. :)

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue May 08, 2012 5:18 pm

I recommend you read the Song of Songs (Song of Solomon) in the Bible when you use Come to Me. Everyone doing love work should read through it at least once and select the passages that are most appropriate.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

watersandstars

Unread post by watersandstars » Tue May 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I second Mama Micki's suggestion! There's something about the Songs of Solomon that make me smile and glow when I say them out loud, especially if I am imagining saying them to the man of my dreams.

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Tue May 08, 2012 7:04 pm

Ah, thank you for the awesome suggestions...much appreciated!

Also, I thought I'd clarify my question a bit. I guess I meant, if one is already in a relationship, thinks this person might be The One, and wants to cement, preserve, and bless the relationship. Even though I'm single now, in the event that I enter a relationship and decide this person is The One, I'd like to have all the supplies ready (Stay With Me spell kit, honey jar, nation sack, etc.) so that I can start the work right away. (As I've heard it said on the radio show, don't wait for things to go downhill before starting the work. Start when things are still good.)

Damiana

Unread post by Damiana » Mon May 14, 2012 1:03 pm

Perhaps spells that word "Reconnect with me" or "Return to me" might be better than, say, a "Come to Me" for a new lover.

Rethink
Reconsider..
Reconnect

In the key of Venus!

Backwards motion.

Ect...

If reconciliation is the issue it's probably better than trying to draw a brand new lover.

But if you want to stay away from anything love related out of fear that Venus might turn it all on its head, then I'd say work with Lunar and Mercurial influences with a soothing/healing/communicative element. Balm of Gilead, Allspice, Star Anise/Tobacco....

onedime1time

Unread post by onedime1time » Tue May 15, 2012 3:25 pm

I have some questions to ask. Which I just noticed I started on May 14th which I think might be the day before Venus went retrograde. I started on Breakup spells a love spell for RETURNING a lover to come back to me far as burning vigils glass candles and incense. Will Venus retrograding affect my love spell in a way if so how?

Why isnt it good to do love spells when Venus is retrograding? Will it backfire, slow down the spell or not work well?

Do that means while the love candles is burning that I should stop praying over them and the incense?

Also, IF its ok to still pray over the candles and incense ... is it ok to to take the same flame of the BURNING candles of the love spells before it burns out to transfer the flame on the new love CANDLES?

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Tue May 22, 2012 6:17 am

im curious as to the previous post too.

there are two spells i want to do.
one is a come to me,
and another one is to bring someone to you, for this one it is recommended to use mercury energy, not venus.

there is a venus retrograde going on right now. it will last until june 27.
then, mercury retrograde starts on july 15 to august 8. this is a waxing moon phase.

if i wait until after venus goes direct, mercury will be retrograde.
if i do the spells now, venus will be retrograde.

these spells have to do with communication, traveling and distance,
not so much feelings. however, come to me seems to be a default venus-oriented spell even
though im doing it to bring someone to me in terms of travel, distance not so much feelings.

i dont know what to do with these retrogrades going on. and i dont want to wait until the end
of august to do these spells.

i find this tricky because venus and mercury seem to be interrelated for this type of work.

Glaciers

Unread post by Glaciers » Tue May 22, 2012 7:02 am

I have another question regarding these retrogrades.

Would love uncrossing be effective during these retrogrades? i was thinking of burning a series of uncrossing candles to uncross certain conditions.

In addition i was thinking of banishing certain habits/fears and also doing some reversing candles.

I would appreciate any advice as i will be placing an order this week.

thank you,

Glaciers

Unread post by Glaciers » Tue May 22, 2012 7:30 am

Heartexalted,

you may want to have a honey jar on hand and some herbs, rose petals, cubeb berries, damiana, catnip [Check out miss cat's book for love herbs] etc so that when you meet your potential mate you could start the sweetening process and keep them sweet to you from the beginning. Have candles on hand to burn on the jar etc.

In addition, you may want to have a mojo on hand filled with lover herbs which eventually you can put personal concerns once you are in a position to get some from your beloved.

I hope that helps a bit. Good luck.

blessings.

Amwitch05

Unread post by Amwitch05 » Thu May 24, 2012 2:13 pm

I have a question, I plan to strengthen my binding love honey jar spell, on friday since its in waxing moon to return my ex back and sweeten his heart to me again, my spell is a little different than a regular honey jar spell. Is it a good time to do the spell this friday or next friday while the moon is still in waxing and going close to full moon? Or should I wait for another retrograde, im new to retrogrades and magick, and need futher explaination towards the subject. Also what day is a good day to do obstacle removing spell and should I do one on a waning moon or waxing? Also I plan to leave the wrong man im not ment to be with is it a good time to do a break up spell?

fire_and_ice

Unread post by fire_and_ice » Mon May 28, 2012 7:25 am

Unfortunately, no one replied to my post. Let me state my concerns again (as briefly as I can).

On this thread, much has been emphasized about never STARTING a spell during a solar or lunar eclipse, but no information that I can see is given about what someone should do about CONTINUING an ongoing (for several days, or weeks) spell that someone is already in the midst of doing.

If one should indeed skip the ongoing spellwork for the one day of the eclipse, no information has been given as to whether that interruption of the ongoing spellwork would negatively affect the successful outcome of the spell.

In my previous post, I mentioned the practitioners at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church (MISC) as an example of what Hoodoo practitioners should, in general, do when facing the situation of an eclipse during an ongoing spell, (in other words, if the MISC practitioners do such-and-such, then others should try to follow that example because the practitioners at MISC are knowledgeable professionals who know what they're doing).

If knowing whether or not to do (or CONTINUE doing) a spell during an eclipse is as important as the posts on this thread make it out to be, then one would think that there would be some clarification about the situation of CONTINUING an ongoing spell, and whether skipping the spellwork for the one day of the eclipse (and thereby interrupting the ongoing spellwork) would negatively affect the successful outcome of the spell.

I do hope to eventually receive a reply about this issue.

Thank you for your attention.

queen2be
HRCC Student

Unread post by queen2be » Mon May 28, 2012 7:19 pm

But continuing work that was begun before the retrograde is fine during this time, right? :?

queen2be
HRCC Student

Unread post by queen2be » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:00 am

I read this morning that there will be a number of disturbing shifts in Mercury, Uranus, etc during July that could lead to conflicts on a number of fronts. I am one sensitive Sagittarian I've found. The last month or so has been a ride!

Anyone with recommendations on how to maintain work and keep life changes on track during those times? I was thinking vigil candles at MISC as a start.

Thanks!

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:40 am

queen2be

I can't address working with Uranus and the other non-traditional planets as they don't factor into my beliefs. I do have a couple spells for dealing with retrogrades and the like. Tho you should be aware that retrogrades are hardly the most horrid thing the heavenly body's can do, they just get a lot of press in modern astrology. Anyways I'll use Mercury Retrograde as an example.

You will need:

One 9 inch jumbo candle of the color appropriate to the planet (for Mercury, orange).
One bottle of oil made for the planet (for Mercury, that would be Mercury Oil).
Incense of the planet (for Mercury, that would be Mercury Incense Powders).
Paper.
Ink or ink-pen the same color as the candle (for Mercury, orange).

On the day and hour of the planet light the incense. Take the candle and carve the sign of the planet into the wax and a phrase like "Bless me with your gifts of lord Mercury and withhold from me all infirmities." That's just an example, any heartfelt request to be protected from the negative aspect or retrograde will work.

Next take the paper and pen and draw the seal of the planet on it, the seals are a lot more complicated then the usual symbol of the planet but are very powerful. You may want to draw the seal ahead of time so you can practice and have a nice one to use for the spell. Dress the paper with the oil and pass it through the incense smoke while praying for what you want.

Place the paper under the candle holder and light the candle. Spend a little time in prayer for what you want. You can either let the candle burn down in one go or pinch it out and relight it the next Wednesday at Mercury hour.

When the candle is burnt out dispose of it and the incense ashes in a crossroads. You can dispose of the paper then as well or carry it as a Mercurial talisman.

I hope that helps
HRCC Student #1559

SeleneAnna

Unread post by SeleneAnna » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:19 am

That is helpful to me! Thank you so much for posting it!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:58 am

fire_and_ice, You wrote:
On this thread, much has been emphasized about never STARTING a spell during a solar or lunar eclipse, but no information that I can see is given about what someone should do about CONTINUING an ongoing (for several days, or weeks) spell that someone is already in the midst of doing.
You then went on to posit a number of questions based around the premise, "If one should indeed skip the ongoing spellwork for the one day of the eclipse."

But nobody ever said that. Nobody i know ever skips a day of already-started work on the day of an Eclipse. I have never heard of such a thing, and can only shrug my shoulders at the idea that this has been inserted into some very traditional ways of working.

There is a huge difference between NOT STARTING something and SKIPPING A DAY.

Like, for instance, let's say that your custom is never to buy a kitten on a Sunday because in your church, on a Sunday, it is not good to buy and sell or engage in commerce. (This is not a made-up example, by the way -- there are a number of Christian churches that hold this belief.)

So you don't START kitten-ownership until the next day, Monday.

After you get the kitten home, you feed it every day. This is your continuous work with and for the kitten.

At the end of the week, Sunday comes around.

Do you SKIP feeding the kitten because it is Sunday? NO, you do not! The little kitten would cry! You continue to FEED the kitten every day, because the prohibition was only against BUYING a kitten, and thus STARTING kitten-ownership, on a Sunday.

That's how it is with eclipses, in the tradition that i was personally taught. You do not START new work on the day of a solar or lunar eclipse, but you never SKIP a day on a spell once you have started it, even if there is an eclipse.

I hope this little mental image of the hungry kitten helps you understand the difference between STARTING something and KEEPING IT GOING.

Good luck to you.
catherine yronwode

fire_and_ice

Unread post by fire_and_ice » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Thank you to catherine yronwode for taking time out from what appears to be a busy schedule in order to reply to my post. Regarding the statement “There is a huge difference between NOT STARTING something and SKIPPING A DAY”, all I can say is that the distinction wasn’t immediately obvious to a newcomer to Hoodoo/Conjure like me. Thank you for clearing up the confusion.

Best Wishes,

fire_and_ice

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:39 pm

Glad i was able to help.
catherine yronwode

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:39 pm

UPDATE!!! OK after months of continuing a very unhealthy sexual relationship with my kids father, I went ahead and did what you guys said. First I did some uncrossing work on myself, then afterwards some Road Opener and lastly I did come to me work. The come to me wasn't directed on any one specific person but I needed and mainly wanted love! Anyways that same day I was contacted on a social network by a guy I went to school with and worked with and now we're dating! Oh and suddenly I get guys honking their horns at me, trying to talk to me every where I go and I always look horrible which is the funny part! I still can't believe the results from the work. Thank you guys for your help! XOXOXO

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks for sharing your story, TheBestest!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

DreamCatcher

Unread post by DreamCatcher » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:46 pm

Can uncrossing crystals help with uncrossing with bad luck in love? What psalms can you pray?

TheBestest

Unread post by TheBestest » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Rookiebinx wrote:Can uncrossing crystals help with uncrossing with bad luck in love? What psalms can you pray?
I don't see why not and I believe uncrossing Psalms are 23 and 51. If all else always stick with 23.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”