Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Hoodoo symbolism is pretty subjective and it doesn't have set dogma about it. This is especially applied to timing. Each conjurer will work things a little differently. If you want to perform something during a solar eclipse consider break up work, banishing, creating ill-health, crossing, and binding/blinding work.

I know that in other systems solar eclipses and similar astronomical phenomenon are used for rather potent work.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

nknk2

Unread post by nknk2 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:59 pm

CM, you are right. I searched sights on Solar Eclipse and it seems people consider it quite potent time. Some say you can crunch your manifestation process by doing spells during Solar Eclipse.

That made me curious.

thanks for your suggestion.

Guided09

Unread post by Guided09 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Hi everyone, I've done a search on love and reversal, but still will like your advice on something. I'm dealing with a problem right now, that involves a love spell that was cast on me. I broke off a relationship with a man a couple of months ago because for a while he acted like he didnt know what he wanted that he really wanted me. I got tired of the back and forth and tired of the torment. The last time that I saw him he finally revealed to me that he loved me, but by that time (for me it was too late, and honestly afraid due to the way he had treated me before, I didn't believe him) I felt like I should just let everything go, so I did. He was stunned by decision (it's like he was paralyzed), he's very private and reticent and doesnt express himself as easily as I do, but I still expected him to at least fight for me at that moment, he didnt. So, again tired, I walked away. I wanted to start anew, to move pass the feelings I had for him that dibilatated me, and move on with a man who would not have put me through what he had. Don't get me wrong, this man is a good guy, had been in bad relationships that had in some way altered his view on love and relationships. However, I too had been through alot, but never allowed those relationships to affect the way that I treated him, and thus it was unfair of him to have handled our relationship in the way that he did, so I told him that I was tired of fighting for him and I deserved more.

Guys, I felt great afterward, I missed him like crazy and still loved him, but I felt unemcumbered. I thought about him still, but was able to shutdown and continue forward. About three months after I broke off our relationship. I started thinking of him again, yearning for him, regretting my decision, my heart felt like it was over flowing with love for this man, and I couldnt stop the deluge of emotion and longing for him. I started moving forward with a man who had always shown me genuine love, but I couldnt and can't completely love him because of my longing for my ex. Troubled by this, I got a reading done, and was told that my ex had visited a root worker and a love spell was cast on me. I had cut all communication with him, removed him from my contacts in emails, on social networking sites, on messengers etc, so he knew I meant business. I was told that the spell was done for my return to him. I was told that he truly does love me, he misses me, and everyone there after, he compares them to me.
I dont know how to view what he's done, he took the feelings I was trying to let go off and amplified and magnified them, and quite frankly, I hate that he's done this. I feel like reversing what he's done, so that he feels the emotional unrest i've felt these past couple of months. I have reversing oil, and black, red, purple, and white candles but no double action candles. I dont know what to do. I'm awaiting a large order at this moment. What can I do to help myself at this time? Thanks much!

Peace Be With You,

Guided--

Aina2

Unread post by Aina2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:02 pm

You are under the spell right now, so it's up to you if you want to act on the feelings he's trying to put in you. Reversing a love/recon spell on him could be a bad idea though, because he'll just want to get back with you even more and obsess about you. I would do a cleansing and protect myself from his future attacks. Remember that if you act on those spell energies now, you'll end up in that same bad relationship again. Keep in mind why you broke up with him in the first place, protect yourself and you will feel tons better!

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 pm

Aina wrote:Keep in mind why you broke up with him in the first place
With all due respect, I'm not really sure that's the best advice. Her reason for breaking up with him in the first place was because she didn't know if he really loved her or not, which she now does know.
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Aina2

Unread post by Aina2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:06 pm

With all due respect, I'm not really sure that's the best advice. Her reason for breaking up with him in the first place was because she didn't know if he really loved her or not, which she now does know.[/quote]

I see what you mean. However, from what the original poster said, I understand she felt justified leaving that man in the first place and felt good about it. She feels different now because he put a recon spell on her. I simply advised her to cleanse herself from his work so that she makes her own decision on whether she loves him or not.

Zoe_2

Unread post by Zoe_2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:18 pm

I agree with the last poster. It's been several months, he's desperate enough over you to go to a rootworker, and I'm assuming (since you're on this board) that you aren't in the camp that says "love spells are totally unethical." Maybe he's learned his lesson. I'd go talk to him, tell him you know what he's done, and lay out for him how you need things to be different if you get back with him. Also, love is pretty unstable (look at all the divorces) so it's good if you can be with someone who will be OK with the two of you casting mutual love spells to keep the feelings going.

Guided09

Unread post by Guided09 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:03 pm

Aina wrote:With all due respect, I'm not really sure that's the best advice. Her reason for breaking up with him in the first place was because she didn't know if he really loved her or not, which she now does know.
I see what you mean. However, from what the original poster said, I understand she felt justified leaving that man in the first place and felt good about it. She feels different now because he put a recon spell on her. I simply advised her to cleanse herself from his work so that she makes her own decision on whether she loves him or not.[/quote]

What do you suggest I cleanse with? Thanks for the advice!!! :)

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:58 pm

For the record, I wasn't suggesting that she go back to him, just that the reasons for the separation in the first place aren't really quite as valid anymore. But if she's found love with a new person who treats her better, that's not my place to tell her to give that up.

And sorry to go off track, and if I'm out of line, just tell me so. But I'm still fairly new to this and I'm fascinated with hearing about the effects of a love spell from the point of view of the target. Have you determined for certain that he did in fact do work on you? Have you confronted him about it (and if it's not an awkward situation, I would say you probably should confront him just to verify that he did in fact do spell work on you)? Do you know when he did the work compared to when it started hitting you?

Actually, unrelated to the previous questions, but just something worth thinking about. Have you done spell work on him before you moved on? If so, you should keep that in consideration when getting mad at him for doing the same. Just something to think about.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:27 pm

Ask yourself if you want to return or not. If you feel like moving on and breaking the spell, a basic Salt bath with Ammonia tossed in can help you for the time being. The second you get a chance get a double-action red and black candle spell to help you reverse the spell, a 13-herb bath to unwork the spell, and finally a Cut and Clear to help you let go of your feelings once and for all.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Guided09

Unread post by Guided09 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:13 pm

kmew1315 wrote:And sorry to go off track, and if I'm out of line, just tell me so. But I'm still fairly new to this and I'm fascinated with hearing about the effects of a love spell from the point of view of the target. Have you determined for certain that he did in fact do work on you? Have you confronted him about it (and if it's not an awkward situation, I would say you probably should confront him just to verify that he did in fact do spell work on you)? Do you know when he did the work compared to when it started hitting you?

Actually, unrelated to the previous questions, but just something worth thinking about. Have you done spell work on him before you moved on? If so, you should keep that in consideration when getting mad at him for doing the same. Just something to think about.
Before my reading I didnt know that he had put a spell on me. All I know is that my thoughts of him were extremely incessant, my feelings for him passionate and strong, I missed him, craved him, regretted my decision. I dreamnt of him a couple of times, but I had no idea it was due to the spell. When I spoke to my reader she stated that he had gone to see a reader/root worker and had had a spell for my return placed on me. I know that spells can work in 3days, 3weeks, 3 months, when I checked the time duration between breaking up with him and when I started feeling consumed again, it was 3 month (like stated in my initial post). I have not confronted him about, and I don't plan on doing so, at least not right now. I mean, do you really think he'll admit to it? And how do I begin " did you go to a root worker to put a spell on me?" LOL! (Besides I'm from a culture that although magic is practiced, it's done very discreetly, almost taboo, so I doubt he'll admit to it). Lastly, I've never done any work on him. I didn't want to influence his feelings for me, I wanted them to be of his will, because like you know, you can put a love spell on someone, and they will react to the spell placed on them, but it doesn't last if they truly don't love you... Thus, I never saw the sense in it.

Guided09

Unread post by Guided09 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:18 pm

ConjureMan wrote:Ask yourself if you want to return or not. If you feel like moving on and breaking the spell, a basic Salt bath with Ammonia tossed in can help you for the time being. The second you get a chance get a double-action red and black candle spell to help you reverse the spell, a 13-herb bath to unwork the spell, and finally a Cut and Clear to help you let go of your feelings once and for all.
Thank you CM, I've taken the salt and ammonia bath you prescribed.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:12 pm

I am going to throw a monkey wrench in this and say the poster still has feelings for the ex. I think the poster is still upset about how the ex treated her. It's the "why didn't you care about me then?" attitude, which is understandable yet short-sighted.

If it were ME, I would actually try to resolve the feelings with the ex. People do change and grow. By your own words, he was not a bad guy. He, like all of us, made some mistakes. in the words of Alexander Pope, "to err is human, to forgive divine." Now if the guy beat you, cheated on you, and treated you like dirt, then scrub him away. That is not what the post indicates though.

Maybe this time apart helped him realize what is really important to him. You can always scrub later and the ex would not have been able to work a spell without some initial soil to plant the spell in. Love work is not a one way street. I am sure the root doctor saw that there were feelings to still work with.

Just my ideas.

Mary
HRCC Graduate Apprentice #0721GA

Aina2

Unread post by Aina2 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 pm

Guided09 wrote: I see what you mean. However, from what the original poster said, I understand she felt justified leaving that man in the first place and felt good about it. She feels different now because he put a recon spell on her. I simply advised her to cleanse herself from his work so that she makes her own decision on whether she loves him or not.
What do you suggest I cleanse with? Thanks for the advice!!! :)[/quote]

Rue is also great when someone tries to mess with your love life. Cleanse really well and get rid of the ideas he put in your head. From what you wrote in your first post, you "meant business" when you broke up with him and made a bold move. You must have been pretty upset with this guy to actually stay away from him for that long. Besides, you already tried to move on. I say cleanse really well and see him for who he is. If you do in fact love him and don't mind being taken for another ride of back and forth, you know he's waiting.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:43 am

Literarylioness wrote:I am going to throw a monkey wrench in this and say the poster still has feelings for the ex. I think the poster is still upset about how the ex treated her. It's the "why didn't you care about me then?" attitude, which is understandable yet short-sighted.

If it were ME, I would actually try to resolve the feelings with the ex. People do change and grow. By your own words, he was not a bad guy. He, like all of us, made some mistakes. in the words of Alexander Pope, "to err is human, to forgive divine." Now if the guy beat you, cheated on you, and treated you like dirt, then scrub him away. That is not what the post indicates though.

Maybe this time apart helped him realize what is really important to him. You can always scrub later and the ex would not have been able to work a spell without some initial soil to plant the spell in. Love work is not a one way street. I am sure the root doctor saw that there were feelings to still work with.

Just my ideas.

Mary
I can't speak for everybody else, but I know that you just said the things I was thinking but didn't want to say. :lol: It's not really fair to the new guy either though, which is the main reason why I just kept my mouth shut and didn't say anything. This is already complicated enough, I didn't want to make it worse.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:45 am

Guided09 wrote:I have not confronted him about, and I don't plan on doing so, at least not right now. I mean, do you really think he'll admit to it? And how do I begin " did you go to a root worker to put a spell on me?" LOL! (Besides I'm from a culture that although magic is practiced, it's done very discreetly, almost taboo, so I doubt he'll admit to it).
You never know. Depends on how you phrase it. If you go to him telling him insistently that you know he did work on you, but you just want to know what it was, and are very firm in your demands of him, he just might tell you. But you know him better than I do obviously.

PennyDreadful

Unread post by PennyDreadful » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:17 am

HI there, everyone!

I'm new to hoodoo and the boards, although I have practiced kitchen witchcraft for fourteen years. I want to thank everyone for reading about my situation. I will try to keep it from being too lengthy, but I want to also be clear as to what's going on.

I am a 27-year-old woman and have had nothing but bad luck in relationships. This takes two forms: first, I continually seem to attract the worst kinds of friends; manipulative, draining people who latch onto me and won't let go. I'm lucky and grateful that this hasn't been the case in all my friendships, and I'm blessed with a handful of really good ones. But I would venture that the majority of my friendships have taken a turn for the worse, even when I've taken the time to get to know someone very slowly. In case it helps, here are some examples:

-A former friend began to get extremely jealous after we got close. She would call at least a dozen times a day, and frequently told me she didn't want me to have other friends.

-Another former friend was unemployed for over two years. At least once or twice a week, she'd walk into my house without calling first, or even knocking (unless the door was locked) and complain about her life. She never once asked how I was, and instead, she belittled and criticized me, disparaged my interests and even my family. I have since cut off contact with her, but she still owes me 100 dollars.

-A third was friends with me and my sister for several years. We ended our friendship with her when we found out she was telling lies about both of us--saying that we were gossiping about and back-stabbing one another!- in an effort to destroy the close relationship my sister and I share.

The other form my bad luck seems to take is that I have no romantic good fortune at all. I have been told that I'm an attractive woman. I'm friendly, peaceful, a good cook and I do my best to be a kind and caring person. I have my own life, interests, and a good education. I dress well and am extremely feminine. But I can't seem to attract men the way other women can. I very, very rarely get any attention from men; the few times it has happened, it's been awful. Looking back on my sparse romantic history, I can honestly say that I haven't had a moment's real romantic happiness. But I have been yelled at and insulted by men. I've spent time in a relationship with no love in it (I mistook friendship for love; he was never over loving his ex) I have spent years pining over men who were stuck on women who treated them poorly. I briefly saw a man who promised me the moon and then told me he was married, who mocked me when I was upset and who did other bad things. I just recently had a rare date with a boy who seemed perfect. We had a wonderful time, had everything in common-- he was the answer to my prayers, in fact. And he told me he thought I was wonderful, kissed me, told me how excited he was to meet someone who seemed so right for him.... and then the next day told me he wasn't ready for a relationship. This was the oddest and most hurtful experience yet, and it felt very wrong; as if I'd been given something I was supposed to have, something I'd been pining for for years, and then it was taken away by something else. I've let go and made my peace with that particular boy, but I can't stand these situations much longer.

But mostly, I just don't attract men to me in the first place.

There is clearly something very, very wrong; but it's hard to convince anyone of this. When I try to talk to people about it, I feel like Cassandra; they say, "Oh, men look at you, you're just imagining things." or "It'll just happen," or "Everybody has bad experiences." or "You just need to be confident!" (I'm a professional dancer; I'm plenty confident in front of people!) or, most infuriatingly, 'You could get a man if you really wanted to." Well, I really want to.

The only person who has taken my situation seriously is my wonderful sister. She pointed out to me that a lot of people (not most, but an uncomfortably large amount) treat me very rudely. They are short with me, condescending, and thoughtless. I hadn't realized until she pointed out many examples. Clearly, something is wrong with my interpersonal relationships. I have no idea what crossed circumstances or personal qualities in me cause this to happen. I've been told I'm somewhat of a doormat, but other than that, I'm not sure what could cause this.

My sister uses a pendulum to divine things, and through a series of yes/no questions, she unearthed the following:

1. I've picked up crossed circumstances by past failed friendships...the people may be gone but their influence remains.
2. I need a powerful un-jinxing, and someone needs to do it for me.

So...what should I do? I was looking at Lucky Mojo's blessed candles-- Cut and Clear, Cast Off Evil, Road Opener, and Van Van all sounded good-- and I was thinking that having one burned for me would be a good start. But it seems like I need something really big to reverse this.

Thank you so much for reading about my situation. I'm sorry it turned out so long...I wanted to make sure that the details were clear.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:01 pm

Get a reading from someone at AIRR to determine what your course of action will be. You may need a simple cleansing or something to boost your self-esteem. Or someone or something might be jinxing you.

If you can't get a reading right away, take a saltwater bath right now, and order the 13-herb bath and a Cut and Clear vigil candle to clear away the negativity.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Yule

Unread post by Yule » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:27 am

I recognize myself in all what you say. Really! In friendship and love. I thought i was cursed! I do get attention from men though, a lot, but what is "deep love" it always turns out to be plain sexual atrraction, they say... So you can imagine the kind of man I come accross...
My friends are always very tormented people and they call me all the time, come to my house until very late in the night and talk and talk for hours and days without even bothering to ask me how i feel (and it happens i do have loads of problems i never get the chance to tell...).

The thing is i thought i was cursed or something. Got a reading, well actually many readings. They never found that "curse" but they did recomended to me to do a clean. I did. Nothing happened. But at least I begun to be more aware of people with "bad vibes"and I also did protection. But still I would worry too much for people who didnt give a damn for me.
Finally i decided to see a therapist, yes a shrink! I went for about 6 months and it turned out it was ME and my patterns, looking always for the same kind of problematic people and adopting the "mother"role...

What i want to say is that aside from the cleansings you should check also the WHY you always end up with selfish people.

I know this has nothing to do with hoodoo stuff but i felt so recognize in the post that i thought i must add my 50 cents.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:02 pm

Will my honey jars get the Fullest, Greatest, most Powerful effect during a total Eclipse? I light my candles for my honey jars on tomorrow, I hear there will be a Eclipse too...

What are the best spells to do during this time?
Happy I found LM I love this place
Thank You St. Expedite 4 help and St. Michael 4 protection

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:37 pm

Interesting info...just posting here so I can save the thread in my posts for future reference.
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:12 pm

I was just reading these today as I learned about the solar eclipse. Good information if you work according to moon phases...or not!
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:46 am

I was taught NEVER to cast a spell for progress, travel, or increase during a solar eclipse. It is literally a time of darkness. THINK ABOUT IT. The only power there is the power of the Sun being blotted out by the moon -- day eclipsed by night. I could tell you some hair-raising stories about accidents and deaths during solar eclipses.

I think only a person very out of touch with nature would try to use the energy of a solar eclipse for a love spell, for instance. Total folly, as far as i'm concerned.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:52 am

Starting a honey jar during an eclipse is ridiculous. Whoever suggested that is a fool. Haven't you all ever read anything about how eclipses were viewed with horror by people who lived in nature -- not in stupid cities where bright lights "solve" all the problems that darkness may bring?

Sometimes i think people dumb enough to go against 3,000 years of astrological information and belief deserve to watch their efforts fail. Darwinian spell-casting. Evolution in action.

Look, casting a sweet honey jar love spell while THE SUN IS BEING BLOTTED OUT is like crossing a street during a red light. Sure, you know that your mother, and your father, and your grandparents, and your teachers, and even your better-trained friends told you not to do it, but -- whoa! THE POWER OF CROSSING AGAINST THE LIGHT! YEAH! I'M GONNA MAKE A RUN FOR IT! .

Stupid.
catherine yronwode

RJLupin

Unread post by RJLupin » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:20 am

path2success"

The only magic I would EVER do during an eclipse would be some kind of extreme banishing. The waning moon is the time for removing/dispelling unwanted energies; the dark of the moon (and I would definitely include an eclipse here) is not a good time to be trying for anything positive. Since you're trying to basically improve someone's feelings towards you (definitely a growth spell) I would only star it during the waxing moon. It's how I learned it, and how most people teach it.

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:33 am

catherineyronwode

I can totally understand the need to pull back from any drawing/attracting/positive work during a solar eclipse, but am I correct in thinking it would be a very potent time for banishing/cursing/reversing work? Especially given the New Moon tonight?

And also, what do you advise in regards to a lunar eclipse? Should no work be done? Should it be treated as a New Moon?
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:04 am

I'm gonna say it one more time, and if you don't believe me, just try it yourself, okay?

"POTENT" is the WRONG word to use here. You are all on about "power" and "potency." Why? Where is the "power" in WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THE SKY? (Not in your mind -- in NATURE.) Look, we harness our energies to nature, we cast dark spells by night and bright spells by day, we work with the tides, we work with the waxing and waning of the Moon.

So here's an eclipse. The Sun (or the Moon, either) is being blotted out. It's influence is temporarily STOPPED. Where is the "potent" power? GONE!

MY GOD, THE SUN IS GONE!!!!!

The message Nature is sending is about STOPPING (for a moment) the natural order of events.

Then -- THANK GOD! -- time moves on and the eclipse rolls past, and everything "comes back" to normal. Rituals and ceremonies of people who live in Nature (obviously you do not!) are all about helping the Sun or Moon come back. They are about not starting anything new -- never travel, never start a new job, never get married, never cast a spell you want to have go on -- while the brief "time out" of the eclipse is in the sky.

You all really don't get this, do you? You're like a pack of kids playing school with chalk on a blackboard. You think that if you say, "Hey, i'll play the teacher!" then the other kids will say, "Cool! and i'll play the student!" But it's not like that. 8,000 years of human civilization and sorcery say that you are wrong.

Go ahead, make your own little play-world. Tell folks that "hoodoo is subjective" or some other bull shit. Play the sorcerer, play the conjurer, play the little pipsqueak mage. But Nature is still Nature and if you want to get right with the ebb and flow of Nature's grand movements, don't try to tell me that eclipses are a "potent" time to cast spells. They are NOT. They are a time to look beyond your own little petty concerns, to look at the big picture, and to wonder -- what would happen if the Sun should disappear?

Look! The Sun is being swallowed by a Dragon!

"Oh goody! I'm gonna cast a love spell! Then Skippy will really love me!"

NO! I said the Sun, giver of Life, is being swallowed by a Dragon!

"Oh, right! I get it! I'll cast a hate spell on Skippy's new girlfriend!"

NO! I SAID THE SUN OUR FATHER-MOTHER, GIVER OF LIFE ON EARTH, IS BEING SWALLOWED BY A DRAGON!

"Uh ... you mean i can't cast a potent hoodoo spell of powerful sorcerous voodoo magic santeria right now?"

That's right, kiddo. You can't. 'Cause THE SUN, giver of life, light of our world, all-father-all-mother, blessed source of you and me and Skippy and his new girlfriend and everyone else in the mall where you hang out instead of hanging out in Nature like you should because your idiot forebears decided to all have five or more children instead of a couple of children and now there's no Nature left, just a great spewing oil well that's blotting out the Gulf of Mexico (but don't worry, the shrimp are still safe to eat and so are the sea turtles, no doubt) IS BEING BLOTTED OUT.

"But I want to cast a powerful hoodoo voodoo palo santeria spell that will bring pain to someone! Can't i do that now? Wouldn't this be a great time for that, what with it being so powerful and potent and DARK and all?"

Sure, but it will be UNDONE in less than an hour. Everything done in an eclipse gets UNDONE. The light comes back, you know. The Sun does triumph over the Dragon.

Follow the bouncing ball:

The Sun gets swallowed by a Dragon -- it is a time of terror and darkness. That's why we never travel, get married, start a new job, or cast a love or money spell during an eclipse.

The Sun returns to life and all is restored. That's why we never cast a break-up or death spell during an eclipse.

We never START ANYTHING during an eclipse. Not for good, not for bad.

Instead, we devote ourselves to observation, prayer, and awe.

Do you get it now?
catherine yronwode

Maljen

Unread post by Maljen » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:48 am

I certainly get it now :) Nothing going on during any eclipse, aye aye! And at least for my part, I apologize. I do come from an eclectic neopagan background, and there is more than a good amount of misinformation out there, even for those of us who tried to weed through the worst of it when we were first learning. The correspondence pages in my notebook I've started now has in big letters "NO WORK DURING AN ECLIPSE!" at the top of the first page.

I'll stick to mundane stuff like putting away laundry and cleaning out the fridge for the day! ;-)

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:33 am

There is a solar eclipse today from 17.09 GMT to 21.57 GMT, although it will only be visible in the southern tips of Argentina and Chile and some islands in the South Pacific.

I'd suggest just lighting some devotional candles today and as Miss Cat said, postponing spellwork for another day.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Phoenix333

Unread post by Phoenix333 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:53 pm

I wholeheartedly agree with the caveats about eclipses listed above. I was always taught the influence of eclipses and their cycle lasted for many weeks; is this the case in hoodoo, or would a spell cast a few days ago, or a few days from now, be ok?

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:10 pm

My mentor never does spells on eclipses whether it's lunar or solar. He feels that eclipses blocks some of the energy when people do spells and such.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 am

To Madame_Phoenix :

No, I have never heard that the effect of an eclipse extends for weeks or even days. That idea makes no sense in terms of astrology. We limit the orb of influence of planets to be tighter than that.

The Moon spends only 2 1/2 days in each sign. Since all eclipses occur as a result of relationships between the Earth, Moon, and Sun, the Moon's rapid movement through the signs means that eclipses are in and out pretty quickly.

Study some astrology and you'll see what I mean.
catherine yronwode

Elveta

Unread post by Elveta » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:42 am

Cat: I have a Fire of Love vivil candle going that I lit yesteday. Should I put it out and relight it after eclipse is over?

LilCassandra

Unread post by LilCassandra » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:33 am

I'm in the same boat. I lit a Chuparrossa candle two days ago and it's only 1/3 done. Not sure if I should douse it and restart it? :-/.

Elveta

Unread post by Elveta » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:49 pm

I extinquished mine. I'll relight it tomorrow.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:03 am

Go back and READ WHAT I WROTE:

I said, clearly, precisely, and distinctly, NEVER START ANYTHING DURING AN ECLIPSE.

When asked how far in time (forward and backward) an eclipse's effects extended i said "not very far." Not weeks, not even days. Several hours each way -- make it a 12 hour frame of reference on either side of the eclipse if you want to be specifically astrological or "the day of the eclipse" if you want to play it by folk-magic almanac rules.

Some of you people worry too much, overthink your spells too much, and just wind yourselves up into little knots over the minutest suggestion of negativity from a random internet know-it-all. Check your wild fearful emotions. Focus. Study. Learn. If you have the interest, take my course and learn to practice hoodoo from the inside, not just from gossip on the net.
catherine yronwode

Marnie

Unread post by Marnie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:11 am

Hi,

first of all I'm sorry for the mistakes I might make. Although I study English I'm not a native speaker.

Okay I have a problem with my Ex Boyfriend. I really loved him and in some ways I really still do. We were very very happy and I wanted to move to his town. It was a long distance relationship.
But from one day to the other he chanced and told me that he does not love me anymore.
It really was like Monday he was totally in love and Tuesday he cried and didn't really like me anymore.
He got mean. His whole family is confused. There were two month where he chanced his mind a lot. Wanted to break up or wanted to spend his life with me. He told me it was just to much responsibility and that a relationship would be too much. And than I could not take it any more and I broke up. He was very mad at me about that.
Know he has a new girlfriend. And we had a huge fight so there is no contact between us. I just talk too his family very often.
There were some hexes included which were basically meant for my sister. She had a jealous lover and he did that stuff but I got the problems instead of my sister. It was like everything that was important for me went away. And I had some serious health problems.

It's hard to describe. The situation started in February. But still I have the feeling that it's not right. That we are not supposed to be separated.
So it is a lot more complicated than it sounds but it would take too long to write everything down and it is a bit too private. But I think I wrote down the most important parts.
So my question is... what spells would be good? What can I do? I already ordered the love me spell kit. Should I do anything else?
I would be very happy to get some help.
Thanks a lot.
Marnie

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:25 am

Marnie,

If you think you have been jinxed then I suggest you order the Jinx breaking bath crystals and powder before you do any type of reconcilation work.
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:34 am

Before jumping to any conclusions about if you've actually been crossed or not, you should get a reading with a professional worker so that they can do a divination and determine whether or not anything has been thrown at you. You can find a list of very good workers at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

In the meantime, you can do some cleansing and protection work, which will start helping relieve the negativity (no matter what the source - because you do not need to be cursed for negativity to build up around you and start troubling you, hurt and angry emotions can do the same thing). You can use 13-Herb Bath to bathe in, and give you home a good cleansing using Chinese Wash. Burn some Fiery Wall of Protection incense in your home each day once you have cleansed it, and that will help keep anything new from bothering you. All of this is a good routine to get into anyway, as it will generally keep your roads opens!

Once you get your reading you will have more specific answers and info about your situation.

Best of luck!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Marnie

Unread post by Marnie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:12 am

Oh sorry I already did that. That was fixed with the help of someone professional. I forgot to say that. I thought it might be important but that's over and done. Know I need help with the other stuff.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 am

I would still recommend a reading on the situation - love stuff is often so very complex with lots of hidden details that make all the difference when approaching work for the case. You could go back to the professional that helped you before since they know you and you had a good experience with them before. Especially since there is sensitive and private matters that you don't wish to discuss on a public forum, which makes it more difficult for us to give you really great advice.

Glad you got aid for the other bit, though. ;)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Marnie

Unread post by Marnie » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:36 am

Okay my fault. Looks like I forgot all the important parts.
I also did that.
And it was said that it's complicated. That it looks like he is very selfish and that he is confused.
It was said that it got too serious. That he has the feeling that I'm too good for him.
That he can't deal with someone who is special because I've gone though a lot of unnormal and hard times.
And he treated me wrong so know he has the feeling that he can't go back and I am the living proof that he is not as good asa person as he always tought he was.
But feelings can't dissappear in a day.
And well if it helps I can talk about the personal stuff as well.
Because this person I went to wouldn't do anything that has do do with love and I would prefer to do it on my own.

And yeah me too. After some broken bones and other bad luck I had enough of that!^^

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:03 pm

I am sure this will come up, there will be a Lunar Eclipse on Dec. 21st on the day of the Full Moon. Please read what has been discussed about spell casting during that phase.

Commander Snuggles

Unread post by Commander Snuggles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:54 am

Hi All,
I've been using a Saturn candle in conjunction with a LM Break Up candle. However, I just read that Saturn is retrograde. What effect, if any, will this have on my work? Do I need to do anything differently?
I've dealt with Mercury retrogrades before but they don't seem to last as long as this Saturn retrograde will.
Any advice is most appreciated.

Thank You.

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:48 pm

Many workers do not allow retrogrades to effect their work if they started the work before the retrograde began.

I have in the past, if it felt right, to play a mantra that is dedicated to the planet in retrograde as an offering and a balancing the "energy" of the space I am working in. Also have lit a candle dedicated to the planet to balance the energy as well. Of course I say if it feels right, and a lot of times I do not.

One must be careful as to how much they focus on a retrograde, for your focus/attention is like a magnifying glass and will manifest the effects into your life with greater ease the more one focuses on such a thing. These are just natural ebb and flow of the cosmos and if you have already started the work before the Saturn retrograde, no worries. If you are doing work after such, do what you need to do to get the work done. This is one of the greatest things about hoodoo is the flexibility of it. :-)
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Apo

Unread post by Apo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:06 pm

I would wait it out and then work with Saturn. A planet retrograde is like something going backwards, it undoes what it has done, and when it goes back direct it re does it, a lil bit like going over a work, changing your mind and redoing it all over again from scratch.

But these are astrological magic rules, not hoodoo rules. Papa Newt's idea of offering a mantra to saturn is excellent, its suppose to counter balance. But remember, asking a planet for help is like asking a person for help, if the person is ill disposed (retrograde) it will be harder for them to help you out.

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:02 pm

I just got to say that I haven't heard any root doctors putting off work because Saturn is retrograde. Saturn is retrograde four and a half month every year. Would be a long time to hold of on any negative work.

The basic rule should be if you need to work, you work. If you enhance your work by working with appropriate astrological timing that's good. But that would be an enhancement, not a prerequisite to do any work.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:29 pm

Retrogrades, such as Mercury Retrograde which is the most frequent, are mostly about going back to something or reflecting. Retrogrades are not, and should not be considered such a negative thing. I mean, yes, they create mishaps, and perhaps different ways of thinking, but if you are in tune with them then you can make them work for you.

So for example, with Mercury retrograde it is about reflecting back on a project that you did not complete, and moving forward on it. During Mercury retrograde, mishaps can happen such as more traffic, communication problems such as arguments, printer problems, cell phones calls dropped, computer problems...just to name a few. If you are a person that doesn't deal well with these things, or if you don't understand the point of mercury retrograde then this is going to be a frustrating time for you. So you are going to have to learn how to cope.

For example, just anticipate more traffic, and leave enough time to plan for accidents, and things of that nature. Leave earlier. Printer problems? Well give yourself enough time to print out something that is important rather than wait until the last minute. Need to sign a contract? Well spend some extra time to think about thoroughly about this contact. You don't have to wait until the retrograde is over. This can be a good time to do break up or separation work...make someone confused, and such.

Saturn retrograde should be about again reflection, and assessment as well. Since saturn is about responsibilities, organization, limitations, obstacles, and so on. I mean this is a time for us to think about our current relationships with others, and responsibilities. This would be a time to restructure our responsibilities, and the time we think about it.

For example, in the news right now...Egypt is going through a revolution. They are thinking about how to restructure their government.

So magically, with break up work you can proceed with it. I would combine this with candles to get a person to start thinking about the nature of their relationship, and understanding that they need to move forward on some PAST problems that have been plaguing this relationship. So you may want to utilize king solomon wisdom and clarity products to get them to understand and SEE that this is not the right relationship for them.

And for the petitioner, I would take this as a time to reflect on your abilities, and limitations as a rootworker. I would take this as a time to become more wise in your own abilities, and perhaps taking the Hoodoo course, or having someone teach you through consultations. You may want to look into psychic vision, and master key to help with your abilities. You should take this as a time to assess and reorganize how you are going about break up work or any work you are doing. Restrategize!

So remember take this as a time to reflect, and assess on yourself, and past situations.

In addition, retrogrades does not mean that the things are not going to work, you just have to go about things in another way perhaps. And if you dont normally worry about the planets, or worry about them, then I wouldnt put too much emphasize on this. Retrogrades, and planetary things are happening ALL the time. Rootworkers are not going to stop what they are doing.

http://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

maduro01

Unread post by maduro01 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:54 am

Tabbylove17

Well that answer my question about the upcoming lunar eclipse.
Thank You Saint Martha for all that you've done and continue to do for me!!!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:59 am

There are many ways to time spells, some of them rhythmic and patterned. Not all of them relate directly to natural events.

For instance "nine at morning and nine at night every day for none days" is a formula for timing that i heard often when i was young. This is clock time, and is given without reference to the time of sunrise or sunset.

See the other threads in this forum for information about timing by Planets / Weekdays and timing by time of day / clock time.

See also these Lucky Mojo Forum threads and "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web pages --

Spell-timing: Planetary Influences, Days of the Week:
http://luckymojo.com/planetary.html
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... t1429.html

Spell-timing: Moon Phases:
http://luckymojo.com/moonphases.html
spell-timing-moon-phases-t442.html

Spell-timing: Zodiac Signs:
http://luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html

Spell-timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock TIme
spell-timing-time-of-day-or-night,-cloc ... 11842.html

As for retrogrades, the first thing you have to know is that the Sun and Moon are never (can never go) retrograde. Next, we will look at the planets.

Mercury, the fastest planet, goes retrograde quite often. Mercury''s influence is on communications, hence Mercury retrograde has a negative influence on computers, mail delivery, telephones, radios, tv, and printed media.

Venus goes retrograde too -- and since Venus rules love, it would follow that during times of Venus retrograde, we would see a negative influence on romance and love.

But would love spells be badly impacted, slowed, or impeded during a time of Mercury retrograde? No, not unless the spell involved communication. That is, the communication aspects of the work might falter (phone service flaky, computer on the fritz) but the romantic candlelight rose petal love-fest would be perfectly safe during Mercury retrograde. In fact, with all the computers in the shop getting repairs, it might be a great time to snuggle up and kiss.
catherine yronwode

kecola

Unread post by kecola » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Is it a bad idea to perform a bottle spell or any kind of spell work during a Mercury Retrograde? It's said that anything started during this phase, including post and shadow periods, will go awry and NOT be successful :( I was wondering if this pertains to spell work as well...

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:30 pm

This is not true, and I highly advise for you to read about retrogrades on the forum.

It is impossible to stop everything you are doing during Mercury retrograde. It is about planning ahead, and going back and finishing projects that one has not completed. Spell work wise if you have started on a project on a target then you are fine. Yes you should be more conscious of things if you are trying to reconcile with someone or make things peaceful. You should be more conscious of your words, and know that verbal communications can be taken out of context during a time of Mercury retrograde. But that does not mean your work is not going to work during this time.

Now you simply stated you are doing a bottle spell. We do not know what kind of bottle spell.

If it is a break up bottle spell, then miscommunication, and arguments during this time would be perfect for this work.

If you are doing reconciliation work, and trying to get someone to communicate with you...its not that you can't do the reconciliation work but perhaps you need to hit it from another aspect. You could affect their emotions, and perhaps do a sweet jar or something else to affect their emotions

See also
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... 29s30.html

kecola

Unread post by kecola » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks so much for your reply and positive mindset. I'm actually going to do a love me bottle spell and a simple candle spell. I already know this guy is extremely attracted to me but he has no idea I feel the same so I'll be ok no matter how my spells go. I just wanted to make sure that nothing would affect it negatively. Thanks so much once again!! It would've definitely have sucked to have to wait out the MR when I'm already so anxious to get started.

prayer10

Unread post by prayer10 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:28 am

starsinthesky7

I have been advised through my AIRR reader, to begin a Honey Jar this Friday. I am under the assumption, after reading that link and this thread, that I will be fine with this matter. Mercury being retrograde will not affect this.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:53 am

Good Luck in your work dj10.

yoragoddess

Unread post by yoragoddess » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:52 pm

On that note,I've been taught that doing banishing,uncrossing or breakup work with Saturn retrograde is actually more powerful because it goes back to the roots of the problem and totally gets it where it begins. Any opinions?
Also since Jupiter is about to go retrograde would you do a jupiter spell or do it on a sun hour and day instead,so it will not be affected by the comings and goings of Jupiter?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:08 pm

It would depend on the situation. Just because Saturn is in retrograde does not mean that you cannot do uncrossing work or break up work. I personally do my break up work on Tuesday, Wednesday, and/or Saturday.

So for Saturn retrograde it may be about you having to revisit matters that are under the influence of the break up work. So if you have been doing break up work on someone, and you have not been working on it for quite sometime then it is okay to go back and work on it. You should RECONSIDER, and REASSESS.

On the other hand, if you have been working on break up work, and its not working then you may want to revisit and reassess your plan.

In terms of banishing, you may want to visit what has been holding you back in the past and get rid of it.

Saturn has to deal with limitations, and obstacles,but during this time the limitations may be alleviated;however, we may become doubtful of opportunities and be our on biggest obstacle when there isn't an obstacle present. It is about revisiting past obstacles, and taking steps to work through them. But its also about awareness about these things. Its not that you cannot work through the things that Saturn rules, you are just going to have to work through them, and accept that you may have to work around these issues.

Now jupiter retrograde has to deal with feeling a lack of abundance, power, and wealth. It is not that you will become broke or anything, but you may FEEL a lack of abundance and hard to gain power at this time. It would be wise during this time to look at past issues or projects concerning these matters. During this time you would not want to necessarily start a new business to gain money, or take a new job as a supervisor or a gain for power. But if you do you are going to want to plan for any mishaps and anticipate that people are going to be difficult under your power.

Retrogrades are about awareness and planning ahead for such matters. You must anticipate that things are going to happen during these matters.

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:42 am

Stars!! Great post! I was just wondering all of these things. Thanks for answering my questions without me even posting them! LOL :D
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 am

If you have not got the experience of a few hundered spells behind you there is definetly no need, increased power or hinderances needed to overcome in applying or not applying astrological timings. This talk about retrogrades is a good way of weakening oneself and increase the power of trouble. If you can not overcome these minor influences you are not gifted for the work or there are other things needed to be adressed inside you before you ever need to bother with astological forces.
Recall that not many of the workers in the old days did not even had a clue about astrology and still managed. Most still do.
Forum Moderator - Author - Specialist in Swedish Trolldom - AIRR Member - HRCC G-A #0321

starskylady

Unread post by starskylady » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:35 pm

I have been using a love drawing mojo bag for about 8 months and it doesn't seem to be working at all. My other good luck mojo's work, but I cannot seem to draw a good suitor my way. What could i be doing wrong? :?:

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”