• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:28 am

Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course

Re: Starting a Love Spell during New Moon??

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi, JazzLove --

First, i am merging your thread into the much longer thread on Moon timing. Go bck and read the whole thread -- and the links to the "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web pages on Moon timing and Planetary Timing -- and you will get a good idea of how i am about to answer --

1) Regarding a starting time:

October 25 is the New Moon, also called the Change of the Moon -- and you have more than one choice.

A) You can work by local clock time and wait until after the moment when the Moon changes from New to waxing.

B) You can wait the four days until the New Moon sliver (first crescent, Siva Moon) is visible at sunset and start your work then.

C) You can wait until the Moon is both waxing (by the clock OR by visible appearance) AND the Moon has entered a Zodiac sign propitious to your work (e.g. the sign Aries to influence someone's mind or for a good outcome in surgery; the sign Scorpio for sexuality; the sign Capricorn to influence a person whose sign sign is Capricorn or to foster stability in the relationship, etc.).

D) You can wait until the Moon is both waxing (by the clock OR by visible appearance) AND the Day of the Week is ruled by a planet propitious to your work (e.g. Friday for Venus and Love, Thursday for expansive business plans, etc.).

E) You can wait until the Moon is both waxing (by the clock OR by visible appearance) AND the Moon has entered a Zodiac sign propitious to your work AND the Day of the Week is ruled by a planet propitious to your work.

2) As to continuance of the spell, again, you have choices --

A) You can take the start date as having "set" the spell.

B) You can run the spell "hot and cold" or "in and out" -- drawing love while the Moon is waxing and reducing loneliness or driving away rivals while the Moon in waning, according to your particular circumstances.

3) And, of course, you can choose not to work by the Moon at all.

Every method described above is found within both old-school and contemporary hoodoo practice. There is no "one way," so try them out, see what results you get, see how you feel about these various methods both energetically and emotionally, and make your own path.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course

Unread postby JazzLove » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:50 pm

Thank you Miss Cat!
JazzLove

Unread postby luckyboy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:28 pm

if I Start a 7 day spell on a Thursday for money and there is a mood voidance for the full day on saturday should I continue to work or no? please any suggestions? thanks
luckyboy

Unread postby luckyboy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:47 pm

I have one more moon related question. I have read that a love spell should be cast in the begining phase of a waxing moon to build momentum, then iv also read to do it closer to the full moon while waxing because the moon is more powerful then. so does this mean that if I do it closer to full moon it won't have time to build momentum? which timing is more appropriate for a powerful love spell, begining of waxing, or waxing closer to full moon? thank you
luckyboy

doing this kind of spellwork during the full moon?

Unread postby cappy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:03 pm

hi!i know that most conjurers/root workers dont depend on moon phases for spellcasting but id like to know about doing breakup/hot footing work and candle spell work to break up and cause strife for my ex during this moon phase.is it wise to do it during a time when the moon is nearly full?also this saturday is a full lunar eclipse!i know spells for increase and excess or compelling spell work is best during full moon and usually things you want to see go away during the waning phase. but can revenge or hotfooting work be amplified because of the rare lunar eclipse? and also their will not be another for three years.(law of three,holy trinity ect. ect. ect.)please someone give a reply.this was the only forum that i could find that is somewhat appropraite for me to post.i dont want it to have a negative/opposite effect based on the eclipse and/or moon being full!!thanx so much ahead of time.i really appreciate this site and the forums.the most usefull tool ive come across and best site overall ive ever come across so far in searching the web on my spirtual quest.
cappy

Re: doing this kind of spellwork during the full moon?

Unread postby MaryBee » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:15 am

If you want to do crossing or cursing work, during the waning or Dark Moon is the generally accepted time. Here is a link to some online info about Moon phases in Hoodoo; scroll down to the last 2 messages about "Timing":

http://www.luckymojo.com/esoteric/occultism/magic/spells/practicaltips.html

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:24 am

First off- a lot of rootworkers do pay attention to lunary cycles-not all of us but many of us. Those who are influenced by Native American or some European magical systems may give special credence to lunar timing :-) Secondly, if this is work that needs to be done *now* then just go for it. Thirdly, MaryBee is correct-the dark moon and also the waning moon are the more traditional times to do crossing and hurting work.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:36 am

Don't start anything during an eclipse.

spell-timing-eclipses-and-retrogrades-t2025.html
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby cappy » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:44 am

thankx all so much...for the advice and enlightenment.i didnt know that most workers of majick payed attention to the moon phase,well im here to learn and i can stand correction for the sake of improvement.im fascinated by this site and the communinty of people here.my grandmother was irish and indian.she lived through the great depression.she was born in early 1900S and she was married eight times!she was a folk medicine healer and midwife and also a laborer(factory and domestic worker)and she did her share of drawing spells even probably some of the more negative stuff.she read tea leaves and palms also.and yet she was also a practicing catholic.she was really a fascinating woman who was very strong. she had ten of her own children but helped raise 23 kids in all.these children lived with her and called her mother all of her life.i think she is part of why im so interested in this part of nature and spirituality.im at a point on my life/spiritual journey where im realizing i can believe in this and practice this and yet still believe in god/great spirit and that all elements of spirituality can compliment each instead of canceling each other out.anyway im on a bit of a rant here i suppose so i will go but i just want to thank all again for their insight and advice.and i think i will take all advice and not do any spell work on the eclipse and not start the spell i planned on the full moon.as far as the eclipse goes,is it okay to charge any talisman/mojobags under the eclipse,or is this also unwise?i just think its so rare n event i want to celebrate it in some way or gain some lasting benefit from it,unless it stands symbolically for some kind of nagativity?
cappy

Moon Phases for Crown of Success Bath

Unread postby Rachel11 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 pm

I have my Crown of Success Spell Kit that says to start before the new moon which is this weekend but won't be feasible.. the next is near the end of Jan. My personal goal is to get this new year started rich, so I would like to start the kit right away.

Would the moon phases affect it that much or will my intent be strong enough to still by pass this?
Rachel11

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:00 am

Here are the relevant Lucky Mojo web pages and Lucky Mojo Forum thread pages for spell timing according to a number of different systems of calculation:

Spell-timing: Planetary Spiritual Supplies and Days of the Week:
http://luckymojo.com/planetary.html

Spell-timing: Planetary Influences, Days of the Week:
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days-of-the-week-t1429.html

Spell-timing: Zodiacal Spiritual Supplies and Zodiac Signs :
http://luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html

Spell-timing: Moon Phases and Handy Moon Phase Caluculator
http://luckymojo.com/moonphases.html

spell-timing-moon-phases-t442.html

Spell Timing: Eclipses and Retrogrades

Spell-timing: Time of Day or Night, Clock TIme
spell-timing-time-of-day-or-night,-clock-time-t11842.html

Spell Timing: Dates of Month / Numerically Interesting Dates
spell-timing-dates-of-month-numerically-interesting-dates-t8110.html
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Moon phase and vigil candle

Unread postby april14 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:13 pm

I was wondering if the moon phase was important in regards to when to have a vigil candle lit at the missionary church altar. I ask this because I was under the impression that any spell work regarding love and mending relationships should not be done during a waning moon. If so, what would be the ideal time to set a candle.
april14

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Your post regarding Moon phases has been merged into the longer thread on Moon phases. Please read all the questions and replies in this thread and if you still do not see an answer that makes sense to you, just ask again. But i think the answers you seek have already been given here.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Next waxing moon?

Unread postby bzbee12 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:06 pm

Does anyone know when the next waxing moon is?
I tried to google it but I didn't get an exact answer. Hope this is the right area to post this question.
Thanks.
bzbee12

Re: Next waxing moon?

Unread postby Wild at Heart » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:49 pm

The waxing moon starts on the 23rd.
Wild at Heart

Re: Next waxing moon?

Unread postby bzbee12 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:06 pm

Wild at Heart wrote:The waxing moon starts on the 23rd.

Thanks again Wild at heart! So if I have been asked to burn candles during waxing moon, 23rd is when I start right?
Also, do we just call the church to light candles to back our work or is there a link to pre-pay like readings? Sorry I tried the search button to find info but it keeps giving error. I'll keep looking but just incase :)
bzbee12

Unread postby bzbee12 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:29 pm

Never mind, I found it :)
bzbee12

Full Moon tonight 6/4 spells

Unread postby Rookie2conjure » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:43 am

So tonight will be a full moon. I don't have my kits yet, since I'm waiting on them. Is there other things I can prepare, can I do a honey jar anyway? Suggestions?
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Rookie2conjure

Re: Full Moon tonight 6/4 spells

Unread postby Lord SP » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 am

In hoodoo you can start a honey jar when the need arises.I would start with a honey jar and the best of luck to you...
Lord SP

Unread postby Miss Bri » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:38 pm

I don't know what situation(s) you are trying to work on -- but what we can tell you is that working by lunar phases is popular in traditional conjure and that conjure work is often performed on an "as needed" basis, so if you need to do something for yourself tonight, by all means do it.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Temont » Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:02 pm

Since tonight is a full moon (and I just got my first large order of LM oils), can I do a healing AND protection spell with the same candle and some Healing and FWP oil? What herbs could I use?
Temont

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Temont wrote:Since tonight is a full moon (and I just got my first large order of LM oils), can I do a healing AND protection spell with the same candle and some Healing and FWP oil? What herbs could I use?

Healing and protection are two rater different goals and I would recommend you do them with two different candles.
Turnsteel

Blue Moon

Unread postby Temont » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:07 pm

We have a blue moon at the very end of this month. Does it have any significance in hoodoo conjure? Just wondering how powerful it would be for spellwork.
Temont

Re: Blue Moon

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:05 am

I have read that the blue moon can be very lucky, especially for things that only happen "once in a blue moon."
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Here is a discussion on the Blue Moon (blue-moon-t4157s1830.html)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Temont » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:44 am

Thank you!
Temont

new moon through full moon

Unread postby Rookie2conjure » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:49 am

Is it possible to do positive work starting the new moon through the full moon....Or I would have to stop positive work during the waning moon?

Thanks a bunch :)
What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
Rookie2conjure

Re: new moon through full moon

Unread postby aura » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:58 am

Hi Rookie2conjure,

You have a couple of choices during the waning moon, either work to banish obstacles to the results you want (by doing Cast Off Evil, Road Opener and/or Banishing work) or work by hours of the clock or days of the week for drawing (info on doing that is found in the following threads: spell-timing-planetary-influences-days-of-the-week-t1429.html & spell-timing-time-of-day-or-night,-clock-time-t11842.html) since not all workers take moon phases into account for their work.

Blessings.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Newbie question about moon phases/day of week

Unread postby Dancing Goat » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:57 pm

I would like to make a mojo bag for my sister. The "recipe" I am following has the bag being assembled on a Saturday, either waxing or full moon. I wanted to take advantage of the Blue Moon in August but the full moon is actually happening Friday morning, so by Saturday it would technically be waning. The Farmer's Almanac still has it at 99%. Is that close enough to being full or should I wait for the next full moon or period when it is waxing?
Dancing Goat

Re: Newbie question about moon phases/day of week

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:31 pm

That is entirely up to you.

Many people work by exact times, according to an almanac, and this has been common in conjure since the late 19th century, after the end of slavery, when access to almanacs became generally common all across the USA, among people of virtually every ethnic culture.

Other people work by visual sighting only, and this has been common since earlier times.

Saturday relates to Saturn and is generally a day for enemy work and death work. Saturn has his good side too, though, and is called upon for help with diseases of, and injuries to, the bones, with aging, and with situations requiring patience.

The full moon is generally considered a transitional time between waxing and waning. Some work up to the full moon but not on it; others work on it but not past it.

Here are the relevant Lucky Mojo web pages and Lucky Mojo Forum thread pages for spell timing according to a number of different systems of calculation:

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby psychicveronica77 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:48 am

Any suggestions on what spells to perform for this weeks full moon? (let me know if any of my topics should be taken care of at this time....I have a temp position and I am trying to go permanent...I have an ex that I need him to do as I say when he has our kids...I also want people to see his true colors like his gf, friends, family...I am also looking for a home to move in to...I could also lose some weight...and it would be nice to be in loving relationship...)

I am trying to make the most out of blue moon. Help! 2012 has been boring year...thanking you in advance.
psychicveronica77

Unread postby LadybugNW » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm

I just got online to post the same question. : ) I thought there must be some significance or benefits to the full moon this week, but I am not sure what.

I wonder if a Blue Moon is a good time for a clarification ritual to bring understanding to various situations in life, or if Blue Moon would bring confusion to those situations.....
LadybugNW

Unread postby Mama Micki » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:21 pm

The blue moon is a good time to do work for things that would only happen "once in a blue moon"; in other words, results that would seem improbable or less likely to occur, such as financial windfalls, meeting one's soulmate, etc.

The next blue moon is in July 2015.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Re: Oils for Waxing Moon Spells -Friendship, Love, Money, School

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Friendships : Attraction oil used with a list of qualities you want in a friend, and your petition to draw those types of people to you

Love: Come To Me used with a list of qualities in a partner that you want to attract.

Money: Money-drawing &/or Prosperity

Professional School: Crown of Success
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

I want to know the best time to do break up work

Unread postby BeautyStarz » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:34 pm

Hello all! As I am new the board, it took me awhile to figure out where to post this.

I wanted to know when would be the best time to do a break up spell. I was considering doing on on tomorrow's (todays) New Moon and my concern was getting it done before the retrograde and yes, the dreaded eclipse on the 13th of November. I wanted to know if anyone thought that the work might be affected by the these transits? I chose to do this around this time because the persons birthday is at the end of the month and I figured it might be a good idea to increase its affect.

I also wanted to know if the New Moon or the Full Moon might be better to separation work?

Thanks for your help!

BTYZ
BeautyStarz

Re: I want to know the best time to do break up work

Unread postby Mama Micki » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:04 am

Some work with moon phases, some don't. I prefer to work with days of week instead.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:54 am

Some people work by astrological timing and some do not. Those who do have several options as to ways to work the timing. Opinions vary, but by reading the following links, you will be able to make an informed and wise decision.

Here are the relevant Lucky Mojo web pages and Lucky Mojo Forum thread pages for spell timing according to a number of different systems of astrological calculation:

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby BeautyStarz » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Thank you so much for your fast response! I really appreciate this forum and plan to look up more of your products. I am very new to spell workings but I do currently work with tarot and I am also a clairvoyant. In the past I might have gone to someone to do this for me (never have but would have) but I have come to understand that I am much more powerful than I originally believed and so for me, this is all new learning.

Please forgive my ignorance as I just want to be precise. In one of the links you gave the information presented the waning moon as the best time for this kind of spell. Would that then make a FULL MOON the best day to do such a spell? I've read that FMs are one of the most powerful days for spells and so if this can help, then I'd rather work with that as in the days that follow the moon would begin to diminish. Would it also be safe to do a LOVE SPELL to draw in love on that same day (same person)? If so then I will postpone this work until the 29th, the last FM before the retrograde and eclipse.

Also, starting a break up spell under a New Moon, might it prove more beneficial in that the waxing of the moon might bring the spell into a stronger manifestation as it grows bigger? Just a thought, you seem so informed and I'd really love to hear your opinion on something like this.

I like to work with the moon because of the astrological connection it specifically has to me. I was born under the moon three times, Sun sign, Rising sign, and a rare Moon Sign as well. This has branded me from birth with extreme empathy (overwhelming at times) but I figure if it influences my being that much, it would be good for me to work with which is why I haven't given much thought to the days of the week. Getting into this type of work for me has been a journey and I never thought I would be working with this kind of higher power, it seems though it was some kind of calling.

Well
BeautyStarz

The effect of Moon phases in Hoodoo work

Unread postby Ancksunamun » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:45 pm

Hello :)

I have grown up with ancient Egyptian and other teachings but I am fairly new to the practice of Hoodoo.
Please could you advise in Hoodoo is it recommended to work along side the moon phases?
For exsample I have always been taught that rituals for drawing things to me,like love,money,blessings and etc are best done on the full moon or when the moon is waxing. Banishing and removal of things for the wanning moon and new beggings for the new moon. We are advised not to do love or money drawing rituals during the wanning moon as it will draw those things away from us.I understand that there are many different types of spiritual work and many things that we can work with such as astrological days,hours,planetry alinement and etc. It seems very different in Hoodoo, Please advise?
Thank you
Ancksunamun

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:28 pm

Ancksunamun --

Your post has been appended to the long thread on Moon Phases in Hoodoo. I believe you will find answers here. In addition, whenever such questions are asked, it is my habit to append a set of links for further reading.

This question has previously been much discussed.

catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

moon schedule

Unread postby snakepliskin83 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

I was wondering if anyone reccomends a certain moon schedule to do a crossing? I wanted to do one for a coworker but wasn't sure when the best time would be?

thanks
snakepliskin83

Unread postby Papa Newt » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi snakepliskin83. I moved your post to an already existing topic on Spell-Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon void of Course. I encourage you to read through the previous pages for the answer to your question. Best of luck.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!
Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread postby goldentouch97 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:11 pm

I Hav a special question,who can help me ? Wanning moon during 14 days inna month,i wanna take a uncrossing bath in this periode during 3 days,let me know wich 3 days is the best during the 14 days of wanning moon.
goldentouch97

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:31 am

goldentouch97 wrote:I Hav a special question,who can help me ? Wanning moon during 14 days inna month,i wanna take a uncrossing bath in this periode during 3 days,let me know wich 3 days is the best during the 14 days of wanning moon.

I would say, none of them on there own. But you could do a reading to see what three days are right for you or cast an astrological chart to find an ideal set of dates or time it to your period or to the days in the calender that are lucky for you based on any one of a number of systems. You see it is not as tho the three days at the end or in the middle are inherently better than any other three.
Turnsteel

Re: Moon Void of Course

Unread postby heartexalted » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:06 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:To an astrologer practing hoodoo, yes. To a non-astrologer practicing hoodoo, the question would not occur.

If you were doing some kind of multiple day work, such as a series of baths, and one of those days was entirely in the void period, would you do that part of the work anyway -- or take a hiatus and wait until the next time the moon is not void? Just curious...thanks!
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18
heartexalted

Unread postby newbie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:30 pm

In this post it was said that love work should be done before noon and negative work from 6PM-12AM.
But it was said in many places that skull candles, even red ones, and other influence type of work should be done at night when the person's defenses are down.
So this either means do it after 12AM i.e after midnight or that you should just go with your gut.
Cat also mentioned that in te practical aspect of the spells....to do spell immediately in certain cases...without thinking too much about the timing or moon phases or Mer retro etc, etc.
because something or other will always be there specially from a planetary aspect...something or the other will always be void, or retro or squared.
I am saying this as a person who understand astrology and have been frustrated monitoring times and periods and sub-periods.

Unread postby GEMINI63 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 am

I will be doing my LM Breakup Vigil Candle tonight which is still a waning moon. It will be a New Moon in one more day. Is it a waste of time starting this candle?

Can I light more than one Vigil at a time for a powerful punch !? ? Can you also please recommend the best order to start these LM Vigil candles for A BREAKUP AND THEN RECONCILLIATION once waxing moon is about to start:

Breakup, Follow me Girl, Come to me, Reconcilliation, Healing miracle (for healing of bad memories I thought ?)

Thanks !!
GEMINI63

How Precise is the New Moon directive?

Unread postby nolapollo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 am

First off, I'm brand new here, so apologies if this has already been answered. This forum is massive and a bit overwhelming.

I'm preparing a spell that needs to be cast during a New Moon as it is waxing. How precise is the date? For best results should I start the spell ON the New Moon? Or is any point between New and Full a good time?

Thank you!
nolapollo

Re: Banishing spells during waning moon?

Unread postby konstanta » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 pm

Hi, quick question about waning vs waxing moon and the use of double action candles: the black part of the candle could be used to first get rid of negativity, which is best done during waning moon. However, the coloured (or white) part of the candle then is used for inviting the positive, which is usually done during waxing moon. Suppose there are two ways of doing the spell timewise - all in one-go or over e.g.7 days. What would you recommend regarding starting times for each of these options? I understand Hodoo is not strict about moon phase timing though for those who wish to use it, would you suggest starting at waning moon, continue until black bit finishes for a few days, the waiting until waxing to do the rest? Thank you!
konstanta

Unread postby konstanta » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 pm

one more technical question - would you write multiple names on a reversal candle? would you put multiple dolls in a mirror box representing different enemies?
konstanta

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:50 pm

Hello, Konstanta,
First, as you have already stated, every practitioner practices Hoodoo just a tad bit differently.
I burn my Double action candles during the waning moon. And I burn it in its entirety.
Some practitioners don't use the moon phases at all. And, even though I do, if it's an emergency, then the moon phase doesn't make a difference to me.
As far as the rest of the timing, it is really up to you.
This forum has links to: spell timing, moon phases
And time of day or night, etc., etc.
And, you probably already knew this but let me give you this link anyway: www.luckymojo.com/moonphases.html
So, try browsing and see what others do. Maybe something will speak to you on this subject.
I would not put multiple dolls in a mirror box spell. It weakens the spell and may cause other problems
If you have many names for your reversal candle, you could just write out (in the manner that is recommended) :"My Enemies" <---or something akin to this verbiage.
Good luck to you and I hope all works out in your favor
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby konstanta » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:58 am

Dear Miss Aida - thank you loads for your reply. Although there are no strict rules about moonphases in Hodoo as you mention, it is nice to hear the approach of experts. Thank you also for your reply regarding the mirror box and candles. will definitely use individuals. all the best!
konstanta

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:01 am

Konstanta, I agree with Miss Aida regarding the burning of reversal candles. In my opinion it is better to finish that working in one shot, regardless of the moon phase, rather than leave that energy hanging out there undone. Another approach might be to start the candle right before the new moon and have it finish right after (depending on the type of candle and how long it is going to burn). This gives you the chance to have the waning and waxing moon energies all in the manner of a few days.

I also agree with Miss Aida on the mirror box. I have found that when it comes to reversal work there is typically one "ring leader" who is causing the trouble and if you can stop them the other people will lose their steam as well. If you can pinpoint a main trouble maker you can start a mirror box for that person and see if more is necessary.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread postby konstanta » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:25 am

Thank you Miss Phoenix!
konstanta

Unread postby Jess-Belle » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:54 pm

I am hoping someone can answer this quickly as this is something I'd like to do tonight depending on the answer I get! I wanted to make a sort of sachet filled with love herbs and oils and powders... the idea was that it's something to rest my phone on to help draw my target to me. But I see that the moon is void of course! And I work by moon phases and believe that spells shouldn't be done during v/c. I hope this isn't a stupid question but is making such a sachet considered a spell? Since it's a sort of permanent artifact I see it as different... when I think of spells I think of candle magic and such. Please help! Thanks so much in advance, now I've got to go cook dinner! :D
Jess-Belle

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:24 pm

Good Evening, ImA Balloon,
I'm pretty sure that you're safe!!
The void of course has more to do with communication aspects of a spell.
This sachet is going to be with you all the time. So, not to worry!
Sounds like a WONDERFUL sachet, By the way!
Take care!!
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Jess-Belle » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:04 pm

Oh that's good to hear! Thanks Ms. Aida and thanks for the compliment as well. I am certain it will smell wonderful as well, as I am going to feed it with Love Me and I simply adore the scent. It's so beautiful!
Jess-Belle

Moon Phases... void of course?

Unread postby lucky7clover » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:33 pm

I was wondering about moon phases and void of courses...

I was going to do a simple candle spell today but looked at the moon phase and is currently in a Void of Course. Should I continue with the candle or wait til its over?
lucky7clover

Re: Moon Phases... void of course?

Unread postby MaryBee » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Some rootworkers work by the phases of the moon. Some don't. If you feel better about doing the spell when the moon moves to its' next sign, then go ahead and wait. If you need something to be completed now, you can work another way. I like to work by the clock. When the hands of the clock are going down from the top of the hour (towards the half hour mark) I work to push things away from me. From the half hour going up to the next hour I work to bring things towards me.

Good luck,
Mary
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Candle burning into waning moon

Unread postby csm18921 » Thu May 15, 2014 8:36 pm

I have a quick question about a candle i have dressed and lit during the waxing moon. I used come to me to dress, but it has yet to burn out .. and now that im coming into waning moon, i am not sure if i should not light it, or continue on? i just dont no if i should stop and wait for moon change or continue on, since im feeling strongly about it..?
csm18921

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Missionary-Independent.org

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics