Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course

SagittariusLover128
Re: Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course

Unread post by SagittariusLover128 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:28 pm

Correct me if I’m wrong — as far as the planetary hour of Mars, if the work is being done during the day then the time is 1 o’clock; if it’s being done at night then the time is 10 o’clock. Is this correct because I’m going to be doing more break up work and this is the route I want to take this time.
Thank you St. Jude! Your help was much appreciated!

ScorpioKate

Unread post by ScorpioKate » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Hi inquiringminds128!

As far as planetary hours, they are different every day. The first hour of the "day" is attributed to the ruler of the day. Also, the time between sunrise and sunset is the "day" and sunset to sunrise is "night". Night and day are divided equally into 12 parts but since right now, day is longer than night, the day hours will be longer than the night hours. So, since literally every hour is going to change every day, you could probably just look it up for the upcoming week as to which hours are Mars hours. I would imagine you'd want to do it on Tuesday.

Something else I was thinking at first is that since Mars is in retrograde, I was thinking it might not be so great to do anything with it right now. But then I thought about it for another second and that might actually be an even better idea than I ever would've thought lol. Since you're doing break up work, Mars in retrograde will be perfect. It'll be a mix of fire and frustration as opposed to fire and love lol. I'm not a moderator, but just my sense of caution is urging me to suggest that you stay away from both of these people for a while. Only because they both will be a lot more negatively fired up than usual so if one of them is someone you care for, it might cause you some negative Mars energy as well if they then turn on you once they've destroyed their current partner. I think it would be a lot more difficult to turn that ship back around to sweetness and kindness, once it was set full speed ahead in the direction of destruction and anger. Especially with a mercury retrograde.. Even though it's not at all the Intranquil Spirit, it sort of has a similar vibe to it in my opinion. But these are also all the reasons why it will be a very explosive (and clever) break up. I hope it goes well for you though, and that you can stay out of the line of fire and get the things that you're wanting :)

SagittariusLover128

Unread post by SagittariusLover128 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:51 am

ScorpioKate,

Thank you so much for your suggestions and insights. I just had an sexual encounter with one of the people that’s going to be included in this break up spell. That took place on August 1. I’m going to look more into the planetary hour thing online using Google.

Thanks a bunch
— inquiringminds128
Thank you St. Jude! Your help was much appreciated!

alexinmadison

Unread post by alexinmadison » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:00 pm

While I feel a certain kinship with the idea of working spells during certain phases of the moon, waiting for a waxing or waning moon doesn’t always work for what I want to accomplish. What’s the conventional wisdom of this in hoodoo?

Thank you for all advice. Best!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Dear alexinmadison --

Welcome to our forum.

I have placed your question in the "Spell Timing: Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course" thread and i think that if you read it all the way from page one, you will have your answer and will have learned a lot!

If after that you still have questions, just ask.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

MichaelB
HRCC Student

Unread post by MichaelB » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:22 am

How precious should we get with astrological timing? It's fairly easy to work everything in basic hours, but should we add the layer of complexity of mixing day an hour. So, for example, say you want to have a letter well received by a Judge. That would be a good fit for the planetary hour of Jupiter on Wednesday or the planetary hour of Mercury on a Thursday. Or is that just overthinking?
HRCC Student #2198

Miss Nikki
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Miss Nikki » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:24 am

Greetings, MichealB.

I hope you are in good spirits! Moon phases, astrology, etc. are not part of conjure. Some rootworkers have expertise in other areas, & they use it in conjure. Miss Cat is a prime example. She knows a lot about astrology; while I know enough to help me with a matter. However, the best time to perform any magic is when you need the result. Good luck!
Why would you want to fit in, when you were BORN TO STAND OUT?

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Hello MichaelB,

Not every rootworker will work according to planetary aspects, including moon cycles or planetary hours. Work according to your comfort level or as your needs indicate. Don't overthink your work, as this is a real possibility when you layer on every aspect of astrology. If it confuses you, leave it out unless or until you become more proficient in that particular aspect.

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

musclequeen378

Unread post by musclequeen378 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:05 am

It's a waning moon right now and the last day before the new moon tomorrow, but it's Friday and I want to do a love spell! How can I prepare my love materials for this opposing moon phase?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:20 am

musclequeen378 --

First, i am not sure what you mean by "prepare my love materials." What do you need to do to them before you do your work?

Second, let's talk about Lunar calendar timing. This is something that many folks bring to their practice of hoodoo, but like all other forms of timing (week day timing, yearly seasonal timing, menstrual cycle timing, Sun timing, clock hand timing, and so forth), it is an ornament to our practice and not the essential core of the work.

But, having said you want to work by the "waxing" or "growing' Moon, i would like to tell you how to get that one thing right.

Please forgive me for being dogmatic, but i hold to thousands of years of Lunar calendar-making, and bring with me a clear understanding of the differences betwen a secular calendar and a spiritual calendar.

Please bear with me. If i do not convince you, feel free to disagree. It is not worth fighting over. Just hear me out:

What you are calling the New Moon -- which, in this case you say falls on Saturday, September 28, 2019 -- is not the beginning of a Lunar Month, not the NEW Moon, not what in folkloric, ancient, or rural calendars is called the "First New Moon Sighting" or "First Crescent," and not the beginning of the waxing Moon.

This is a conflict of terminology that confuses a lot of city people, or those who work by astronomical calendars.

According to their astronomical information, "September 28 will be the new Moon, when the Moon passes between the Earth and the Sun and will not be visible from the Earth.'

Note the term "NOT VISIBLE."

Folk magical and Lunar religious calendar-makers (for instance Jewish, Islamic, Sabbath-Keeping Christian, and Native American Indigenous calendar-makers) do not consider the "NOT VISIBLE" Moon phase to be the "NEW" Moon. Rather, it is called "the DARK of the Moon." The Moon is NOT THERE.

Furthermore, the precise timing of when the Moon is NOT VISIBLE is not a time that can be calculated by OBSERVING the Moon in the night sky. This DARKNESS lasts about 3 days, and during that time, the Moon is GONE. The center-point of the GONE period can only be calculated mathematically -- because the Moon is invisible.

I will bet you dollars to donuts that you got that September 28 date by looking it up in an astronomical calendar.

However, in folkloric and indigenous religions and magical practice -- that is, in any calendar system in which the Moon is OBSERVED -- we would wait until we saw the First Crescent Moon, the tiny sliver of actual "NEW" Moon, at sunset, just above the horizon. This is when the Moon is approximately 3% lighted. It is also called the "fingernail Moon" (because it looks like a fingernail trimming) or "Siva's Moon" (because the Hindu god Siva wears the First Crescent Moon in his hair as an token).

All around the world (except in the offices of urban "witches" and their publishers who use math rather than observation to find out where the Moon is at) the Sighting of the First Crescent -- not the calculation of the Invisible Dark Moon -- marks the beginning of each Lunar month. The sighting may be celebrated and special prayers, and songs may be sung.

Truth to tell, because it is the time when the Moon is approximately 3% lit at sunset, the Sighting of the First Crescent Waxing Moon can be mathematically calculated, but all calendars based on the First Crescent Moon sightings refer to the calculated time as the "Expected Sighting." That's how respectful they are of the actual Moon. The Moon alone sets the time. We only EXPECT to see the Waxing Crescent, based on historical record keeping that goes back more than 5,700 years of observation.

The secular calendar date of the "Expected" sighting will depend, of course, on where on the globe we stand. Because of time zones, the sighting proceeds around the world, from East to West, taking 24 hours to be seen by all of Earth's inhabitants.

According to one good online calculator, the TRUE New Moon or "First Sighted Crescent" of the Waxing Moon will be sighted after sunset in Jerusalem the night of September 29, 2019. This particular date happens to be sighted as the beginning of not only the waxing Jewish Lunar month of Tishrei, but it also happens to be Rosh Hashanah, the First Sighted Crescent of the Jewish New Year.

Rosh Hashanah is celebrated by most (but not all) Jews for two days. On the first full day (this would be September 30, 2019) many wish to hear the shofar (ram's horn) blown to signify that the New Year has begun. Many will hold a simple Tashlich ceremony -- throwing bread crumbs into a stream of naturally running water to signify casting off the sins and errors of the past year. On the second night many will eat a new-picked fruit, to symbolize a new start. Some people dip crisp apple slices into honey and eat them as a wish that the New Year will be sweet. Others, especially those who live in farther Northern climates, may prepare tzimmes for the evening meal, a sweet dish that can be made with carrots or sweet potatoes plus dried apples, prunes, or raisins, simmered in a brown sugar sauce.

Wouldn't THAT be a fine time to do a love spell -- after sighting the "fingernail Moon," trimming your fingernails, casting off the sins and errors of the past year as bread crumbs into running water, and preparing a sweet meal of fruit for a whole year of love work!

Of course, if you also want to work by the days of the week, according to the deities or angels of those days, the Friday after the First Sighted Crescent will be a day of Venus -- still well within the Waxing Moon phase, and the also first Venus Day of the New Lunar Year -- October 4, 2019.

Happy Days!
catherine yronwode

musclequeen378

Unread post by musclequeen378 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:43 am

no disagreement here!

What I meant by love materials is "candles, oils, etc" but thank you for the input!

musclequeen378

Unread post by musclequeen378 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:47 am

Thanks for the information. Would you do a love spell today if you were me? Why or why not?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:55 am

I would not do my love work on the Dark Moon, on the last days of the Lunar Year. Why not? Just seems wrong to me. I want the force of the growing Moon and the Lunar New Year and the eating of sweet honeyed Apples to speed my love work on its way.

Like i said -- October 4th.

Your mileage may vary.

10-4, Good Buddy!
catherine yronwode

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:31 pm

musclequeen378, if you're unsure about what your priorities are - whether you want to prioritize the day of the week over and above Lunar cycles, or the zodiacal Sign, or the configuration of the Planets, or guidance from some spiritual authority, or some other standard which may compare well with these, then you may wish to get a reading on the matter, either doing one yourself if you are so skilled, or obtaining one from a skilled professional. This can help you to determine the optimum effort at the optimum timing. Sometimes Luna is not a significant factor, sometimes she is.

Knowing the rhythms and timings of her influences, this is one among a number of possible contributing timings, including the ones being taught about in this thread. I include a batch of links to other Timing-Related threads in this forum for reference:

Astrology and the Zodiac {ASTROLOGY}
astrology-and-the-zodiac-as-used-in-hoodoo-t3022.html

Eclipses and Retrogrades {ASTROLOGY}
spell-timing-eclipses-and-retrogrades-t2025.html

Supplemental: https://www.luckymojo.com/zodiacal.html
Supplemental: https://www.luckymojo.com/planetary.html

--------------------

Planetary Influences / Days of the Week {CORRESPONDENCES/RHYTHMS}
spell-timing-planetary-influences-days- ... t1429.html

Moon Phases, Moon Signs, Moon Void of Course {LUNA/ASTRONOMY/ASTROLOGY - THIS THREAD}
spell-timing-moon-phases-moon-signs-moo ... -t442.html

Supplemental: https://www.luckymojo.com/moonphases.html

Time of Day or Night, Clock Time {SOL/CLOCK SYMBOLISM}
spell-timing-time-of-day-or-night-clock ... 11842.html

--------------------

Dates of Month / Numerically Interesting Dates {NUMEROLOGY}
Signs, Omens, and Movement Completion Q&A
signs-omens-movement-completion-of-spel ... t6436.html

--------------------

General reference:
https://www.luckymojo.com/spells/practi ... ml#timing1
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

musclequeen378

Unread post by musclequeen378 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:36 pm

Thanks guys for the advice, but

1. Since my OCD self wants to do the Break-up again and pretty soon (because I'm impatient), would it be ok to do the same break up spell tomorrow, Tuesday, during this waxing moon?🤔

musclequeen378

Unread post by musclequeen378 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:38 pm

2. And if you guys were to do a break up spell during a waxing moon, what specific days and times would you perform it?

musclequeen378

Unread post by musclequeen378 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:39 pm

3. I already know about Tuesday/Saturday for separation spells, but I also would like to know other times you'd perform it

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:04 pm

musclequeen378,

I don't have OCD. I select my times of working either on impulse (by immediate need) or i plan them out -- and when i do that, i take far more than Week day (Planetary ruler) and Moon phase into account.

A war-like spell could be Tuesday -- 5 of Swords or 5 of Wands, any Tuesday during a waning Moon.

A spell of limitation or destruction of a relationship could be Saturday -- The Tower or the Devil -- a Saturday as the moon was darkest, in the dark except for the light of a black candle.

So ...

1) Tuesday during a waxing Moon does not appeal to me for break-up, unless i was insistent on doing it NOW, in which case the week day or moon phase would not matter. I might choose the waning Moon in Scorpio (the night house of Mars), on a Tuesday

2) Like i said, i wouldn't impose Moon phases on week days unless they were in agreement, but if i did, i would probably also try to work in the Moon signs then, as well. Saturday night, waning Moon in Capricorn, perhaps.

3) A break up spell during a waxing Moon does not float my boat. But, remember, i do not always work by the Moon!
catherine yronwode

GoldenRule
HRCC Student

Unread post by GoldenRule » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:02 pm

musclequeen378-

Two things-

1) OCD can actually be a useful condition to have if you are the type to plan out your correspondences to be just right; I'm that way myself.

The two answers above gave you SO MUCH information that you can plan most any type of spell and figure out the timing. Plan to your OCD heart's content. Also, they gave you many links and articles to read about this. This is valuable information for you to utilize.

2) You say you're impatient. If you don't get a handle on this, the only spell-work that may bring you successful results will be temporary at best. I say that because you said you wanted to do a breakup spell over again. If you put good focused work into your spell, it shouldn't have to be done over again. Give it some time to start to work.

God/Spirit needs to be on board with your intentions, or you'll not have real success, success that lasts.
We never run out of Love to give; it's a renewable resource ❤️
HRCC Student #2183

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”