• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:10 pm

Spell Timing: Planetary influences / Days of the Week

Re: when is the best day

Unread postby Turnsteel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:41 pm

dolly wrote:I'm now reading the instruction, I don't have their personal item, so how can I perform the bottle with nails, needle, dog cat I have nothing to mix their personal item. What should I do, I think I'm in trouble. Idont have picture or birthdate if the girl though I saw her in person, were in different state there is no way to get information about her and personal belonging. They lived on gates community and the girl is illegal only stayed at home. Please help what should I do. How can I cast this breakup spell so much nothing I don't have.thanks

You might not be able to, personal concerns are a very important part of hoodoo. If you have nothing of these people, not even a full name you probably won't be able to affect them with spell work. Rather then breaking this couple up to get back a man that already left once, perhaps you should be thinking about doing work to attract someone new?
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Re: when is the best day

Unread postby dolly » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:56 am

Thank you, I do have girl full name but not herbirthdate. So with this I won't be using my kit.do you think it's ok or better to used rootworker? Sometimes I was thinking just report her to immigration but I don't want to go that far and they wull think it was me who reported it, because I was the only one who knows and telling him she's not belong here she need to be send home to her country, just send her home I said But he doesn't.
dolly

Re: Mercury Retrograde

Unread postby msg33 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:38 pm

can a spell like the intranquility spell be casted during the mercury retrograde? I ask since I have a friend who's about to do one soon.
msg33

Unread postby theusurper » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:17 pm

please don't do that, i have the most bad experience with that spell. do something sweet not that one.
theusurper

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:24 pm

I do not think the intranquil spirit was the cause of your problem. It probably was not addressing the problem at all, and given your situation it was bound to happen anyways. I do not think it is fair for you to discourage others from using the intranquil spirit spell because of your experience. The intranquil spirit does work given that it is appropriate it for your situation. Also, if you read the info page on the intranquil spirit spell it states that your relationship may not be the same after that. Also, I would not use the intranquil spirit by itself. I would follow it up with a love step to put the love back into the relationship.

In your case, sounds like you need to do sweet jar along with this spell, or do a skull candle to get him to think fondly of you. But given your circumstances (because I did a reading with you) he could never be fully yours because he was with someone else.

So like we discussed a clear and cut is in order. It is time to move on, and I know that is hard, but it is necessary.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby keeperoftherubyshoes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:37 pm

jwmcclin- Mercury goes retrograde Sunday, Sept 6th at 9:45 PM Pacific Time and returns Direct on Tuesday Sept 29 at 6:14 AM Pacific Time. I like zodiacarts.com for my moon phase calendar, as it adjusts for time zone. Mercury affects all things dealing with communication. :-) Hope that helps!
keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread postby msg33 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 am

keeperoftherubyshoes wrote:jwmcclin- Mercury goes retrograde Sunday, Sept 6th at 9:45 PM Pacific Time and returns Direct on Tuesday Sept 29 at 6:14 AM Pacific Time. I like zodiacarts.com for my moon phase calendar, as it adjusts for time zone. Mercury affects all things dealing with communication. :-) Hope that helps!

lol just wanted to let you know that the original post of this thread was in June. But since the mods are so picky about reposts, lol, I had to bump this post to ask a question about the Intranquil Spirit since the day was coming soon ;)
msg33

Unread postby msg33 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:52 am

I'm not sure if anyone directly answered it, but would my friend be able to do the spell during the mercury retrograde?
msg33

Re: Planetary influence

Unread postby Jesterjosh » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:25 pm

[To expand on what Mama Micki said, the associations of the planets w/ the days of the week is logical when you consider their etymological derivations. Some are simple (Sun for Sunday), some less so (Moon = moon-day = Monday), and some are a little more obscure (Tuesday = Twir's Day. Twir is a Northern European war god, analogous to Mars).

As for colour associations, I try to wear the colour associated either with the planet of the day or the type of work I wish to do that day in order to increase my luck. The colour associations as I know them go thus:

Sunday - yellow, orange, gold
Monday - white, pale blue
Tuesday - red
Wednesday - mixed colors & patterns
Thursday - Royal Purple or Blue
Friday - Green
Saturday - Black (for Saturn) - conversely Brown, or whatever makes you feel sexy! (for the Satyr. Get it? Satyr-day? . . .)
Jesterjosh

Unread postby keeperoftherubyshoes » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:57 pm

Msg33,
I would wait to do it. I find that I often have to re-do work that I start around the start of retrograde, and IS is not a spell I would want messed with by the retrograde period. That's me though :-)
keeperoftherubyshoes

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:30 am

I have to admit this is a question i have been thinking about too. Personally, I would wait, but Mercury retrograde has more to do deal with communication, traffic, computers, anything that has to do with communication. So I would not do the Intranquil spirit here. It is not that it would not work, but retrograde means slowing down, and appearing to go backwards. So you might have a few more bumps in the road than you normally would, or it might take a little longer than normal when doing such a spell. That does not mean it wont work though it would just be slightly delayed.

On the other hand, this is a time to do work that needs to be redone or revisited such as old projects or what not. So techincally you could re do some spell work you previously did.

I know this is going to send some people into a frenzy on this forum. Please do not panick! And this does not go for ALL spell work. Just things dealing with communication. So for example, you should be good on a money spell if you needed to get some money, or keep money with you.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:57 pm

I wear the appropriate colors for the day also. It's not necessary to coordinate a whole outfit, underwear works!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Jesterjosh » Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:48 pm

hahaha, I can dig it. It's usually my shirt, or it could be underwear, or something like a scarf or bandanna - even socks!
Jesterjosh

Unread postby msg33 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:02 am

hmm, ok, gotcha! makes sense
msg33

Unread postby mmcpower » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Would it be a good time to do a break-up vinegar jar??
mmcpower

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Yes doing any break up spells or anything to disrupt the activities of others...this is a great time to do that.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby mmcpower » Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:10 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:Yes doing any break up spells or anything to disrupt the activities of others...this is a great time to do that.

Thank you very much for your quick response.
mmcpower

what day is the best time to start a spell

Unread postby santisimamuerteom14 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:16 pm

what day of the week is the best time to do a spell i need help with these 3
1. break up spell
2. love spell
3. lottery spell or money spell
from what i heard but i wanna make sure is that tuesdays and fridays at midnight for love spells . your response is greatly appreciated thank you
santisimamuerteom14

Re: wat day is the best time to start a spell

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:30 pm

Break up work on Tuesdays (day of War) or Saturdays (cursing); Love work on Friday and Money Drawing work on Thursdays

This has been discussed in the forum on several occasions. I find it hard to remember at times.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby msg33 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:34 pm

well I read that since mercury is in retrograde right now, you have to wait until the 29th of September to do a love spell. Otherwise the love spell will not work.

http://forum.luckymojo.com/mercury-retrograde-t1506.html
msg33

Unread postby Mama Micki » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:40 pm

Mercury retrograde affects communication, not emotions. I would go ahead with the love spell, but be patient while waiting for the object of your affection to respond.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby santisimamuerteom14 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:08 pm

Ill b using la santisima muerte , holy death ill do my lovespell on the 29th of this month wat bout the break up spell could I do it tonight?
santisimamuerteom14

Unread postby Mama Micki » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:09 pm

(Again) Here are some correspondences for days of the week, compiled from various sources.

Sunday (Sun) - Success, fame, healing, wealth, men, yellow, gold
Monday (Moon) - Dreams, visions, psychic power, home, family, women, white, black, blue, silver
Tuesday (Mars) - Courage, power, energy, risk-taking, war, victory over enemies, red
Wednesday (Mercury) - Communication, messages, trickery, gambling, removing obstacles, yellow, orange, lavendar, multi-colors
Thursday (Jupiter) - Wealth, power, luck, knowledge, expansion, purple, royal blue
Friday (Venus) - Love, sex, beauty, luxury, money, green, pink, copper
Saturday (Saturn) - Work, limitations, obstacles, endings, black, dark red

You should do the breakup work on Saturday. Love work on Friday, unless it a purely physical relationship, in which case Tuesday might be better. Thursday is good for money work if you already have money or a business and are trying to expand it. Friday is better for quick cash, especially to spend on fun and luxury items. Sunday is good for career success and recognition.

Gambling work could be done on Monday, to dream your lucky numbers or otherwise use your intuition; Tuesday, for the courage to take risks; Wednesday, to communicate with the spirits of luck; Thursday, to increase your money (not if you don't have any to start with); or Friday, to ask the favor of Lady Luck.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:33 am

Tuesday is NEVER a good day to do any kind of Love work (trust me its not nice love). If you do you will find yourself in a physically VIOLENT relationship. It is really NOT the best day. Tuesday is a great day for vigorous protection against enemies. As the above list is a good guide, Thursday is great for domination, controlling, commanding, bend over spells as well as Tuesday. I would say that Wednesday is a great day to do things to get a job as well because you are communicating in an interview, and those kind of things. Sunday is great for cleansing and protection as well, and Monday is about womanly issues such as fertility, but its also a GREAT day for reconciliation spells. Saturday is a great day for dark work, removing obstacles, banishing spells, repelling spells such as repelling evil, reversing work, and cursing. Wednesday is another option to do love work especially for reconciliation and reversing work as well. Sunday is great for money if you want to sustain it rather than just quick money.

Actually, mercury retrograde is not a good time to start NEW love. Its a time to go back and Re-do, and think bout old projects. So technically you could do some reconciliation work would be re-doing, or engaging in an old relationship with someone. On the other hand, you must be very conscious when communicating during this time for reconciliation work. You need to be mindful of how to communicate with that person, and put yourself in their shoes, and what broke you up in the first place. If you can do that, then you should be just find. You could work out the actual communication issue after mercury retrograde ends. New love wouldn't be advisable during this time because that person might not turn out to be who you thought they were. Mercury retrograde plays tricks on people such as flat tires, traffic, documents do not print out, misses appointments and so on. Hence, why starting a new relationship might not be so bad. To get through this time, plan ahead, and re check a lot.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:58 am

Your advice is excellent starsinthesky7 and the detailed list is needed Mama Micki. Thanks to both of you. This will help all of us reading it. Can you recommend a book that lists these details?
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Brida » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:07 pm

Hi everyone!

I am going to be doing candle magic (seven day, glass encased) Love and Money work. I have put it off to start on Sept. 18th at midnight, as it will be a new moon. Is it still called a new moon when the moon will not be visable until Sept. 20th according to the moon calendar? I wanted my work to continue during the waxing moon, so as to increase the benefits of my work. With Mercury in retrograde, shall I wait until after Sept. 29th? The moon will still be in waxing state, but it will not be a new moon so to speak.

When would be the BEST date and time to start my work on love and money?

Please advise.

hugs,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.
Brida

Unread postby Miss Bri » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi everyone,

A few words on timing and hoodoo: emergency situations are typically dealt with immediately. Root workers, even professional ones, will not always wait until the perfect celestial timing to do their work. If something needs to get done then it is the getting it done part that tends to get priority.

Someone said that mercury in retrograde is not a great time to do love spells, that is somewhat true, but it is a wonderful time to do break up spells or spells that cause two people to mis-communicate with one another.

Days of the week are, as several of y'all noted, synced up with astrological correspondences. There are many books that go through this information in a simple and straightforward manner. One of my faves in Henri Gamache's Master Book of Candleburning. Its not even really about this topic, but he includes information on it anyway. Find it here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#books

Tuesday is a good day to do break up work as well as protection work--it is governed by Mars, Lord of War.
Planetary hours can also be used to great effect. If you are on the "wrong" day but you need to do your work right NOW then do it during the correct planetary hour. So, if you and your long time partner have a huge fight on a Tuesday and he walks out leaving you alone and crying, you aren't going to want to wait until FRIDAY to do a reconciliation spell. You will want to do it right then and there on Tuesday, the day of war. What to do? Google: planetary hours, my city, my state There are many sites that list them. Do your reconciliation spell in the hour of Venus, Planetary ruler of love and beauty.

As far as lunar phases go, I have been taught that some traditional workers actually eschew working on the Full and New Moons in favor for the day before/day after those heights of the lunar cycle. Brida, doing love work during a waxing moon is perfectly fine and many workers do it that way.

Hope that helps,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:52 pm

Well I am going to copy this and save for my info...also I will check LMs library.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Brida » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:21 pm

Thank you sooooooo much BRI!!!

Okay, I need money situations to get better for me RIGHT NOW, so I had LM send me a black dressed/fixed glass encased vigil candle, and a green dressed/fixed glass encased vigil candle. The black is to remove all jinxes and evil eyes from me, so as to purify myself, first. I burned that one down, and it burned down clean and clear. Now, I want to burn the money one, but I want to do it at the right time for maximum potency. Though, I do need it to start working NOW, even though we are in a waning moon period. Today is Wednesday, September 9th. What time today, or later in the week shall I start buring this money candle?

Thank you all so much, I am learning as I go.

Please advise.

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby gingerly88 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:27 pm

ok, I'm a lil confused..I'm going to be doing break up spells soon but just started a love me honey jar right before mercury went retrograde..do I continue? or wait till after the 29th? (it is a new love) also, had started a red penis candle..shall I hold off?
gingerly88

Unread postby Miss Bri » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:18 am

gingerly88 wrote:ok, I'm a lil confused..I'm going to be doing break up spells soon but just started a love me honey jar right before mercury went retrograde..do I continue? or wait till after the 29th? (it is a new love) also, had started a red penis candle..shall I hold off?

YES--this is a great example of what I am talking about. In certain magical traditions timing is a very crucial thing and you would hold off on doing certain kinds of work no matter what, but not in traditional hoodoo--we don't work that way. No worker that I know would STOP doing a honey jar just because Mercury is in retrograde, honey jars are long term spells, people work them for years at a time come good omens, bad omens, and everything in between. Same thing for any spell work that you have started. You do the work. If you are worried that Mercury retro will have a negative affect on your work then you can back it up with a second spell or a vigil light, or you can just keep in mind what is happening astrologically and if a "hiccup" appears you'll have a good idea of where its coming from and why.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:31 am

Brida, if you truly have a pressing need for money, by all means start now. If you think that the waxing moon can help and you can wait a week, start next Friday (September 18) on the new moon.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Brida » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:02 am

Thank you Mama Micki.

I went ahead and lit one of the green, fixed, glass encased vigil candles that I bought from LM. It is a pressing need, indeed. It is a 7 day candle, so when it is done, I will light another green, fixed, glass encased vigil candle from LM. I always try to keep a back up of vigil candles for urgent work. So, this one is for urgency, and the next one I light will be on September 18th, during the waxing moon. This should give it some oomph! If the first candle I lit is not melted down all the way, that is okay. I will still light the second one, to add to the potency.

Thank you all for the guidance!

hugs,
Brida
Brida

Unread postby sunseer88 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:33 am

Just curious would lighting a Mercury candle during the retrograde help diminish the effects of potential problems in anyway. So for example, I've been working a honey jar since April.. I want to keep using it during the retrograde.. would placing a Mercury planetary candle on the altar assist in any way?
sunseer88

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:51 am

No, you can't override a planet. There are retrogrades happening ALL the time. Its just more emphasis for whatever reason is put on Mercury Retrograde. Like it has been said before, you can work your honey jar during this time. It is not Venus retrograde, so you should be fine.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:58 am

Thats interesting starsinthesky7, I did not know that there are retrogrades happening all the time. I was made aware of Mercury Retrograde last year and factored in into a lot of weird situations associated with communication problems but to learn this are words to the wise. Thanks starsinthesky7.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:15 pm

"Can you recommend a book that lists these details?"

Yes, my Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course -- several chapters in the book deal with timing by day of the week, time of year, clock time, moon pases, and directionality of bthing.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Working spells-time and day?

Unread postby Angelina » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:16 am

Hi all,

I have read some posts about corresponding timing and days on which to do spell workings. My question is, does it really make a significant difference what time of day or what day it is that I do the spell? There are times where I feel very focused and strongwilled about the working I want to do-but these times don't usually correspond with the days certain workings should be done on. I know positive workings should be done when both clock hands are up, but say if I wanted to work a spell for a job and career for someone on a Tuesday around 10pm. Would this be okay as long as i had a "good feeling" about the spell and i was focused at this time?
Thanks for your help :-)
Angelina

Re: Working spells-time and day?

Unread postby NotDorianGray » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 am

Just do it whenever. Do it when your intuition tells you. Sure, some people work with moon phases and planetary hours and things, but that doesn't mean it has to be done that way. The right time for work is when you have the time, the minsdet, and the space you need to do it. So Tuesday at 10pm is fine. So is Thursday at 6am. Whatever. Whenever. Do it when you need to.
NotDorianGray

Unread postby cabriellenil » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:27 am

If I'm doing a 7 or 9 day spell for drawing work, I always do cleansing of my flat, a spiritual bath and start the candle work at the break of dawn on the first day, and I try to stick to that hour throughout the whole thing. Same for when I start a honey jar or light my first candle on a target. I try to do these during waning moon, if possible; if not I do it anyway.

After that I do it whenever - waning or waxing moon, Monday or Thursday, 10pm or 3am...doesn't really matter. Or if you just need to light a candle for a situation right now, then go ahead and do it.
cabriellenil

Unread postby thelightfantastic » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:19 am

I agree with NotDorianGray, go with your intuition. The great thing about hoodoo is that, for the most part, you can do the work when you need to as opposed to a rigid set of days, hours, etc. I do my work by moon phases and days of the week (if possible) because I feel it gives me that extra oomph.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance
thelightfantastic

Unread postby Angelina » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:32 am

Thanks everyone!!! :-)
Angelina

Unread postby MightyAphrodite » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:51 am

thelightfantastic wrote:The great thing about hoodoo is that, for the most part, you can do the work when you need to as opposed to a rigid set of days, hours, etc. I do my work by moon phases and days of the week (if possible) because I feel it gives me that extra oomph.

Agreed. One time Cat clarified a timing question by saying, "That's paganism, not hoodoo." Her comment stuck with me. I've always resisted the heavy rules-based approach of paganism. No offense to anyone (I hope) but I always thought, "That's what happens when you put a bunch of women together. They get controlling and perfectionistic with rules." I find hoodoo to be so much more practical. For non-urgent or on-going matters, I'll work with waxing/waning moon cycles. But for pressing issues, I'd rather get the work DONE as soon as possible, rather than put it off.

Also, dunno if anyone else feels like I do, but I feel that the lingering sense of doubt, "Maybe my spell won't work because I didn't do everything perfectly," messes with me. Sure, the ingredients and processes have a vibration of their own and need to be utilized for best effect, but a sense of doubt doesn't help ME get into alignment with my intention. Touching on what you said, Angelina, I think having a "good feeling" about the work is important. My experience says that putting my full intention into the ritual yields results, no matter what day/time.
MightyAphrodite

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:30 pm

Timing is just an enhancement. Intent and desire are the most important ingredients.
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby CopperFox » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:00 pm

I agree that will, intent and desire are the keys to spellcasting. Now, I'm not much of a cursing person but the most potent curse I ever threw down was after being awakened from a dead sleep by my crazy-mean junkie ex-husband stumbling in at sunrise. It was primitive, primal and 100%+ effective. I said to him:
I hope you puke! I hope you dream of what your life without me will be like! I hope your teeth rot!
Well folks, it all came to pass...and then some. Did my angry words qualify as a curse/spell? I believe they did; I had honed my rage until it was sharp like a weapon. If I had planned out a similar curse/spell I don't think it would have been anywhere as nearly effective -- probably my conscience and sense of "make nice" would have gotten in my way.
Ah, those rotten teeth -- that was the coup de grace! :twisted:
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

Best days to make mojos?

Unread postby zee » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:54 am

I wanted to start making the TS LM mojo for fast luck, steady work and crown of success...One is for me and the other 2 for my daughter..can i make hers for her? The packet does not specify any particular day, but i was wondering that if time was not an issue when is it a good time to do it on
Also I wanted to know if there are any 'ideal days' to do this work on?...also is it a good idea to do spell work on your birthday? i rem reading somewhere that our birthday is a powerful day for us if used with intent?
Zee
zee

Re: Best days to make mojos?

Unread postby thelightfantastic » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:39 am

I think it's acceptable for you to make a mojo bag for your daughter. Many rootworkers sell mojo bags already made so I don't think it's a problem. In hoodoo, there's never really a particular day that you "have" to do work - you do the work when you need to. If you're interested in working with the days of the week, Sunday is probably the best day to start work as it's associated with achievement, success and goals. You could also do the work on Thursday as that's the day related to money matters.

As for the birthday spells...I've never really heard about birthdays being a powerful day. I actually think any day of the week can be a powerful day it the right person has the correct intent.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance
thelightfantastic

Re: Best days to make mojos?

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:25 am

Some workers consider the days of the week, the time of day, lunar, astrological timing, etc and the list goes on. If you search the forum timing for spellwork has been discussed on many occasions.
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby skyme714 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:20 pm

starsinthesky7 wrote:Tuesday is NEVER a good day to do any kind of Love work (trust me its not nice love). If you do you will find yourself in a physically VIOLENT relationship. It is really NOT the best day.

If Im asking St. Anthony for help to return my lover, and Tuesday is his day - what should I do? Start on his day (Tue) or another day?
Thanks.
skyme714

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:15 pm

Start on his day. The astrological associations with the days of the week are from a separate paradigm from the Catholic Saints days so simply keep them separate in your mind.

Further, you can use any day to work on love, splitting them up according to the days is simply a way of keeping your intent clear and also managing your spellwork.

While Tuesday is associated with war and fights, it gets this association from its connection from astrological connections with Mars while deriving its name from the Norse god of war and justice, Tyr (Tyrs-day). While generally Friday and Venus are used to bring about love and relationships, Tuesday isn't always a bad day to start love spells. Mars and Tuesday both carry the connotation of Masculine love, so if you are looking for physical, sexual love that is passionate you can definately use that connection to work on a Tuesday. Friday will still give you sex and passion, but it also carries the connotation of relationships.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby skyme714 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:52 pm

Thank you, ConjureMan! Your input as always helpful!
skyme714

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:54 am

Always go with Saints' days of worship, however, you can start on Sunday as well, as that is the day of saints too. And if the need is extremely urgent you can start the candle on whatever day you need.

Also, I found this about St. Anthony from Mary. She stated St. Anthony will only bring the person back if he is right for you. So just keep that in mind.

Literarylioness wrote:
maduro01 wrote:I began burning my St. Anthony of Padua candle this past Tuesday evening, asking for the return of a specific someone to be my lover and best friend? Is it possible that St. Anthony could send me the return of someone else from my past, who I didn't ask for?

If the ex was a good guy, St. Anthony might send him back to you. If the guy was a jerk, then it is not of St. Anthony's doing. If the ex you requested is NOT good for you, your request to St. Anthony will not be granted.

Mary
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby skyme714 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:13 am

Thank you, Star! Im also planning to back it up with other spells as well.
skyme714

help with time of day

Unread postby jewel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:40 am

I have a question Does moon cycle, time of day, day of the week all matter in spellwork?
jewel

Re: help with time of day

Unread postby Turnsteel » Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:22 am

Do a forum search, this has been discussed many times. Short answer is sometimes, it depends on the worker.
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby jwmcclin » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 am

Yes the time of day etc etc is a personal intention. Many times work is done because it needs to be done. There are occasions where some workers employ drawing spells (love, money, success) during the waxing moon cycles or during an appropriate planetary hour or during a time of the day. As HailDiscordia mentioned this has been discussed at length in the forum...
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby CopperFox » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:29 pm

If you have the luxury of planning out your spellwork in advance, you can take advantage of moon phase, planetary hours, day of week and so on; however, in hoodoo work is often done as needed. So if you have something that needs attention now, don't put it off waiting for just the right time. I have seen people in systems such as Wicca put off spellwork for weeks and months on end because they kept missing the "most auspicious time." You can fall into the trap of almost paralyzing your spellwork if you decide to get too nitpicky about the "when." If you do want to use the moon phase -- waxing for drawing, increase, etc; waning for banishment, decrease,etc. Otherwise, do your work when you need to and have faith in the power of your conjure.

Remember the best time is when you can put your full concentration, energy and heart into the job at hand. If you wait until the "perfect" time to begin and then find you and your house are unclean, you're tired and distracted, the altar is cluttered...well, there's simply no point in working conjure in that state. On the other hand, if you wake up Tuesday morning and are just crackling with energy, rarin' to go -- GO! Eventually you'll find the cycle and rhythm that works for you; until then, try not to become over concerned with impractical "rules" that don't really apply well to imminently practical hoodoo techniques.

Good luck with your work, whenever you do it!

Michelle
Michelle Hunter, a.k.a that Tricky CopperFox
I will lift mine eyes up to the mountains, from whence comes my strength...
Psalm 121
CopperFox

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:33 am

It matters to a certain degree. If you have the advantage of being able to wait and hold off on a situation that is not dire, then I would recommend using some kind of timing such as the days of the week, moon cycle, and even the hours. Personally, I do not use the hours as that is impossible for me to do most of the time since Im a pretty busy woman. However, if I or a client can hold off til doing it on a specific day of the week or moon cycle phase, then I will do that. Working with a form of timing does add to your work. I know some people that work with the sun or the hands on the clock for their work. When I first started out, I worked with the days of the week and it helped my work a lot.

BUT I can tell you when you have to do work...then by any means do not wait. I have done all kinds of work during all points of the moon cycle or whatever when I feel like the situation is an emergency.

I saw experiment, and see what works for you. Some people swear by it, but honestly crap happens all the time, and you have to learn how to be flexible.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Money Spells

Unread postby danger » Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:48 pm

What is the best day to do a money spell?
danger

Re: Money Spells

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:04 pm

If you work by days then Sundays for success and business, Wed for commerce, trade, and communication, and Thursdays for prosperity. In hoodoo Friday is also a big day for money and business spells as its a day associated with pay day.

Chose the symbolism that fits your work best.

Good luck.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Herb-Magic.com

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics