Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spells for Blessing and Cleansing Musical Instruments

toad32
HRCC Student

Spells for Blessing and Cleansing Musical Instruments

Unread post by toad32 » Sun May 26, 2013 10:42 am

I am a Hoodoo practitioner and guitar player (among other things). I am on the far backside of life changing breakup/divorce. I have a new love/wife in my life and in general things are looking very good.

Sadly, being “gifted for the work” can be a double edged sword. While it certainly helps to effect the changes desired, if left unchecked and undisciplined it can turn inward. I was led to believe that playing guitar was a “waste of time” and that “I would never succeed so why bother pursuing it”. For a good amount of time I let these ideas exist and they have created a mental block. Just to clarify, guitar is NOT a means of support for me. I have a good job that is challenging and I enjoy and I am even well compensated. Playing music is an occasional supplement and a tremendous outlet for expression and tension release (if this sounds a lot like sex…it is! ;-)).

There is a ton of great information out here if you look for it on how to correct this issue. It’s proving a challenge in that it was my own negative thinking that put the blockage there in the first place. It will be mended. I have taken various cleansing steps, road opening work and personal empowerment (whomever put my Triple jack together at Lucky Mojo I owe a debt of gratitude). Still one thing that I am not finding information on is a blessing for an object.

In this case I am specifically looking for ideas, suggestions on how to bless and protect a new instrument (that I am going to build). I am a firm believer in the “Law of Contagion”. Objects, even seemingly totally separate things, can and do take on a subtle energetic bridge. I have some work to do on my existing stable of instruments in getting this bridge broken and auras cleansed. These instruments are a channel for a huge range of emotions and energy. Its only natural that they retain traces of the emotions and energy they are exposed to. It was so bad in a couple cases that I did my best cleansing and sold the instruments in question. In one case I simple burned the instrument as I didn’t want it in circulation.

I am simply not finding much published on how to protect and bless an object (other than a home of course…there is more than ample information about homes and living spaces in particular). A guitar, at least one of my guitars, are far more “intimate” a relationship that even my own home. There is a reason players refer to their instruments as “she”.

If your still with me, thank you sincerely for your time and attention. =) So my question is, how would you bless and protect a new instrument in a Hoodoo tradition?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Blessing an Instrument

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun May 26, 2013 1:08 pm

Put a Blues Boy Special mojo in the little box in the case, in the neck, where spare strings are stored. Put a rattlesnake rattle in it or in the case, as per the mojo. Smoke it with Blessing Incense. Pray.

See:

http://luckymojo.com/rattlesnake.html

MH1-COM-BLUE
Blues Boy Special Mojo Hand
$25.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

MH3-COM-BLUE
Blues Boy Special Triple Strength Mojo Hand
$35.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.

ZOO-RSN-RTLS
Rattlesnake Rattle, Vintage, Small, in Vial
$10.00

ZOO-RSN-RTLM
Rattlesnake Rattle, Vintage, Medium, in Vial
$12.00

ZOO-RSN-RTLL
Rattlesnake Rattle, Vintage, Large, in Vial
$14.00

IPD-HOO-BLES
Blessing Incense Powder
$5.00

Good luck!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Mary Bee
Forum Moderator
Re: Blessing a Musical Instrument

Unread post by Mary Bee » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:55 am

I love cat's suggestions. You can also wear Five Finger Grass oil as you play, which will help you with all the work your 5 fingers can do:

http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-five-finger-grass.html

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
HRCC Graduate #1562
Rootworker
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cleansing, Health, Healing, and Blessings”