Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spells for the Removal of Warts

Hendrix

Spells for the Removal of Warts

Unread post by Hendrix » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:27 pm

Before I ask my question, I would like to apologize in advance for my "ignorance", for lack of a better word, when it comes to the practice and belief in hoodoo and other folk magic. I do intend to purchase Catherine Yronwode's book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" in order to attempt to educate myself on the subject matter a little.

When I was younger (9th grade), a friend of mine had a wart on the back of his hand. He had gone to have it frozen and burned off several times, but the wart always came back. My father, who was born in 1934, lived a very rural lifestyle when he was younger here in Texas and bought some land later in the late 60's to raise cattle. Anyway, I had taken this friend out to my fathers land several times and he was a good friend which became close with my family. After hearing of my friend complaining of this wart several times...my father said to my friend, "Go out there in that pasture and find a cow bone". He told my friend in which direction to walk so that he would come upon a cow bone and explained what it would look like so that my friend would know what to look for. He said "when you find it, take notice of how it's laying there on the ground...bend down and carefully pick it up...rub the bone on your wart...and then carefully place the bone back the way you found it". And then he said, "turn around and walk away and DON'T look back".

Well, as younger kids we thought this was the dumbest thing we had ever heard. But we were definitely intrigued, and he was tired of the trips to the Dr. in order to try to have it removed. So we decided to try it...I walked out to the edge of the pasture with him but stayed quite a distance away from him...to this day I'm not really sure why I decided to keep a distance between him and I...maybe I thought it was something that had to be done alone in order to work...so I watched him walk out into that pasture and look around...after a while he stopped and was looking down...he bent down...and I couldn't see exactly what he was doing but after about 10-15 seconds he stood back up, turned around and started walking back to where I was. He never looked back. When he got back to where I was I asked him "did you do it?"....he said, "yes and I really hope this works because I'm sick of this wart coming back.

About 7-10 days later (I can't exactly remember) he came up to me at school and said "you're never going to believe this". He held out his hand and I looked down.....the wart was gone. We both laughed in disbelief...but to this day the wart is still gone.

So is this hoodoo?...or another form of folk magic?

Sorry for the lengthy retelling of events...I kinda got caught up in the memory...lol :)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Spells for the Removal of Warts

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:12 pm

That's a folk cure that is found in many European cultures with slight variations. So, no, it's not strictly hoodoo. Some conjure-people may know it or a variation of it, though, because it's fairly common.

My granny told us to put the first spit of the morning on the wart. My mother swore by that cure.

Me? I just got a knife and dug the wart out when I got one on my foot. Had to figure out which wart was the "mother wart" - but once I did, and dug down to get the root, it never came back. My mom kept telling me to just spit on it in the morning, but I wouldn't listen. LOL!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:04 am

Hoodoo is a melange or mixture of many folk magic practices, and so, yes, in one sense that was a hoodoo spell -- but warts are a lot more common, it seems, on people of fair skin, so there are more European-Amercian folk magic cures for warts than cures from other ethnicities -- and this one is pretty European-sounding.

My best friend's step-dad told her to get a clean straw and to "worry" the wart until it bled, then dip the straw in the blood, and to bury the straw. This worked.

He also told her she could wash the wart with stump water (water that collects in the stump of a cut-down tree) and that would also take off a wart. She tried that on another wart, and that worked too!

She was fair-skinned and had many warts over the years...

She also tried the one where you rub a coin on the wart and bury the coin and the one where you rub the fresh-cut half of a potato on the wart and bury the potato half at the drip-line under the eaves of the house. And those worked too.

Other folks said to cut the wart with a sharp knife in the form of a cross, and to get the blood on a straw or on a potato, or on a coin ... and so forth.

In fact, we tested out a lot of old wart-removal remedies of this type, and i am not sure that all of them worked right off, but the straw one was our last resort, and it always worked, even if others did not. I think she had at least a dozen warts over the period of four years, and we got rid of them all with various folk remedies like that. This was before the laser-removal process was invented.

I finally got ONE wart on my right hand, which i actually wished into existence, because i wanted to test these wart-removing tricks (i know, i was a strange child), and i used the straw trick, and it worked. I never have had any other warts.
catherine yronwode

cognitivedissonance

Unread post by cognitivedissonance » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:47 am

My brother and I are close in age and complexion. He gets warts all the time, I've never had a single one. We've never been able to figure that one out.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:48 am

Sometimes a virus causes warts - so if that's why he is getting them, then it makes sense you wouldn't if you hadn't contracted them from somewhere like he had done.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Metalina

Unread post by Metalina » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:35 am

I'm having a problem with a monster wart complex on the bottom of one of my toes. I just got back from the doctor having frozen it for the third time now and it hurts like the dickens. He is talking about sending me to a dermatologist to get chemo drugs injected into it and have it "rot off." Well, that sounds scary to me. I would much rather turn to hoodoo. I've noticed that sometimes even the really simple stuff works surprisingly fast and well (like a sugar bath to sweeten someone.) I'm planning on calling a certified rootworker tomorrow, but I'm in too much pain right now to talk on the phone. I want to order a candle to be lit right away.

The obvious choice would be Healing, but that sounds to gentle to me. I want to kill that virus! Would a Destruction candle be an unwise choice for killing that virus? Would I be wiser to pick something like Cast Off Evil, or should I just get the Healing candle for now? It's possible this could be a symptom of magical attack. I've had these warts for many years, they have just gotten worse. I thoroughly uncross myself on a regular basis with the LM products and use FWOP, but you know, these warts are from years before I ever started doing hoodoo.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Hello, Metalina,

HEALING candle. NO Destruction!!!!

Also, did you look at Miss cat's post above? She has many hoodoo tricks up her sleeve that she shared with us.

Wishing you the very best

take care

Metalina

Unread post by Metalina » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:53 am

Thank you, Miss Aida. I'm glad I asked.

Metalina

Unread post by Metalina » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:20 am

Update! My warts are pretty much completely gone. I halted all conventional treatment. (I had gotten them frozen three times, very very painfully with no success)

1. I ordered a healing candle from MISC with a petition to make the warts go away. The candle report came back saying I needed to continue working on this issue.

2. I submitted a prayer request to the Crystal Silence League to make the warts go away. Amazing! I can feel it every time someone is praying for me. I think this made the biggest difference.

3. I used one of those korean foot peel boots, which I had done before a few months ago. Last time I did it, nothing happened. I don't think this is what worked, but may have helped things along.

4. I soaked the warts in elderberry elixir with a cotton pad a few times each week. Elderberry is a very effective anti-viral, which is where I got the idea. But in Miss Cat's book, it says that elder is used for protection and to ward off natural or unnatural illness. I think that makes it a perfect herb for any work to get rid of warts. If I ever have to do work on warts again, I will turn to elder.

Also, I want to mention that making it bleed can spread the virus. My doctor was not afraid to touch the warts with his bare hands, until he accidentally made me bleed. After learning that I was more careful to not draw blood.

Thank you again for all of the help. I can't express the magnitude of my gratitude and relief!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Metalina !!!

CONGRATS!!

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cleansing, Health, Healing, and Blessings”