• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:08 am

Spells to Calm and / or To Train a Bird

Spells to Calm and / or To Train a Bird

Unread postby Nevermore » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:29 pm

Hello everybody! This is my first post, I am new and very happy with the opportunity to be here and learn from you all. I need help with my pet parrot. He is 8 years old and is been plucking badly for 3 years now. Vet says after expensive tests that he is healthy and dismiss it by saying is stress. How can I help him with some rootwork?

Thank you!!

nevermore-357
Nevermore

Re: Help with my parrot

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:27 am

Lucky Mojo sells a special regular or triple strength mojo bag for pet health that may aid you: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatmojo.html#combination

Also AIRR worker Momma Hen has a specialty of helping animals, so you may want to contact her for a consultation and perhaps even some rootwork on behalf of your parrot.

On the non-conjure tip, have you tried flower essences with your parrot such as Rescue Remedy or some of the blends created specifically for animals? Most animals respond very well to flower essences which work on an energetic level, and are extremely gentle and safe. You can simply put a few drops into your parrots water so that it will be treated everytime he drinks, and you can also add some to a mister and spritz it into your parrot's aura as well.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Nevermore » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:27 am

Thank you so much, I am gonna try all your suggestions. How can I contact Momma Hen?

Regards, nevermore-357
Nevermore

Unread postby Devi Spring » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:35 am

You can find Momma Hen by visiting the main AIRR site at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org and then clicking on her name under the list of workers on the left side of page.

Also St. Francis and St. Martin de Porres are both saints that are known for helping pets and animals. You may appeal to them for some aid in the healing of your parrot as well.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:50 am

Also, Miss Bri -- who is a moderator here and a member of AIRR (and Momma Hen's daughter) -- raises birds in the parrot family. She will help!

Locate her here:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... e=Miss_Bri

I am sure she will post a response as soon as she sees your message. She is house-moving right now over the weekend, and will be back online Monday or Tuesday.

Help is on the way!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Nevermore » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:33 am

Thank you all, amazing response!! You are great help!!
Nevermore

Unread postby Miss Bri » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:00 am

Nevermore-357 wrote:Hello everybody! This is my first post, I am new and very happy with the opportunity to be here and learn from you all. I need help with my pet parrot. He is 8 years old and is been plucking badly for 3 years now. Vet says after expensive tests that he is healthy and dismiss it by saying is stress. How can I help him with some rootwork?

Thank you!!

nevermore-357

Hi there,
You can google parrot plucking and get some good information. I am happy to help you diagnose the issue--feel free to PM me but I would need to know the following info:
what kind of bird is it?
Do you or anyone in your family work from home?
If not, how many hours a day are you gone from the house?
And, is your bird located inside, outside or sometimes both?
Avian vets are notoriously expensive--plucking is usually a sign of psychological distress on the part of the bird as opposed to physiological distress. Again, PM me and I am happy to help!
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby stacia » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:54 pm

Nevermore, Hi. I know this post is long after the origional, but I had to just give it a try. I too am a parrot owner. I have found that through networking, some of the birds that develope a "picking" habit can come from a few different factors. Stress can be a contributing factor. Has your family dynamic changed? (Divorce, additon to the family, loss of a family member, etc...) Has your schedule, or time spent with your bird changed? All of these can lead to "picking". You say that your bird has been given a clean bill of health from your vet. My next queston would be do you feed your parrot pellets, or do you feed it a store bought "seed & kibble" diet? Some of the "kibble' in those type of feed, has brightly colored dyes in them. It is those dyes that some parrots are sensitive to. Trust me, I know from experience. The thing that threw me off, he was fine in the seed mix and became sensitive after about 6 years. (I later found out that the company had changed the ingredients). It sounds simple, but after I put him on pellets, He stoped picking, and his feathers started to grow back. Are you aware that most parrots (except amazons & hyacinths) need sunlight for proper feather coloring and developement? I hope this helps. Any other questions please e mail me Uafoxsong@gmail.com
stacia

Unread postby Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:55 pm

If you work with the Saints, in addition to the great advice given by all above:
http://www.luckymojo.com/saintfrancis.html
Read this link and pay real close attention to the first paragraph.
Pets are family!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA
Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Mama Micki » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:51 am

You can also work with St. Martin de Porres, who sheltered and healed stray pets and could also talk to animals. He is one my favorite saints.

st-martin-de-porres-t15764.html
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Nevermore » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:42 pm

Wow guys, thank you all for the help!! I have really tried everything !!! I googled and read like crazy, vets, prayed over him, did a cleansing just in case etc. Miss Bri recomended me this holistic site that I found to be awsome!!! I have bought the recommended theraphy for feathers but hasn't worked.
My bird is an 8 year old Green Naped Rainbow Lory. He eats only Nekton diet, no pellets or seeds since this is a nectar-eating bird. I also give him fresh fruits and water to drink and play. He is extreamely happy (I think) he plays all day long, in the house we are a very energetic family so there is always the usual in and out activities but everyday there's someone for several hours a day. He only gets in his cage to sleep at night. The plucking started after I adopted an orphaned senior parrot temporarily and he got frustrated by the situation. The fostered parrot left but my parrot kept plucking.
I totally adore him, but I have no idea on what else to do, I am still trying the holistic and hoodoo approach!!
And yes, he is my baby!!
Nevermore

Re: Spells to Calm and / or To Train a Bird

Unread postby illogicalcrocodile » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:55 am

Would any of the products here be useful in getting my African grey parrot to talk? He understands when I talk to him, but he never tries to talk or mimic any sounds at all for that matter, which I think is unusual!
illogicalcrocodile

Unread postby Miss Aida » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:12 pm

Hello, Illogical Crocodile,
Have you looked at the posts on this link? They're pretty good and helpful.
I am wondering: the age of the bird; if there's any health problems; did the bird have a psychological event; how long have you owned the bird; and have you taken it to the vet?
Again, please read through all the posts. And try to contact Miss Bri (through AIRR).
Good luck!
PROUD member of AIRR
Find me on the AIRR website
http://readersandrootworkers.org
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby illogicalcrocodile » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:13 pm

He's only a year and he never had a psychological event. I've had him since he was four months old but I visited him at the store almost weekly before that. He didn't seem shy when I first picked him out, I guess because he was just a young baby, but later on while he was still at the store it became apparent that he was probably the shyest grey there. When I took him home I was worried something was wrong with him because he was like a statue, but I took him to the vet and they said he was healthy. It took him a very long time to come out of his shell, but he's comfortable with me now and we have a strong bond. He's still likes his alone time and is cautious with everyone except me. I guess that's just his personality. He gets a lot of attention though because I work from home and he's only in his cage when he wants to be or when he has to sleep. I guess the reason he hasn't tried to mimic any sounds yet could be that he's very shy, but he has no problem whistling and he likes to make high pitched noises. He gets very vocal at times. I will take a look at the links and see if St. Francis or St. Martin de Porres can help.
illogicalcrocodile

Unread postby Miss Aida » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:49 am

Good Morning, Illogical Crocodile,
The only other thing I can think of is, in addition to praying to the Saints that you had mention, is to try this:
Get a feather from your bird. Get a feather from a parrot that does speak.
Make a petition paper. In hoodoo fashion (see thread on petition papers), write the birds name, turn it to the right and write your command (maybe something like: "speak to me")
Anoint the petition paper with Compelling oil (to compel it to speak. Compelling oil does more than just make someone oblige their promises). www.luckymojo.com/oil-compelling.html
Put the 2 feathers together, put them in your petition paper and fold your petition paper (fold once toward you, turn to the right fold again toward you). Now, wrap this up completely in yellow thread.
Place this in the cage (underneath anything that the bird can access) and forget that it's there.
Again, this is all I can think of. Miss Bri is the expert on birds and she knows a heck of a lot more than I do.
Good luck. I hope this helps
PROUD member of AIRR
Find me on the AIRR website
http://readersandrootworkers.org
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby illogicalcrocodile » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:14 am

Thank you! It's too bad I don't know anyone with parrots in real life but I can try asking for a feather on forums. I definitely want to try this spell! I'll come back and post if it worked. :mrgreen:
illogicalcrocodile

Unread postby baybee27 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:34 am

Hello,

I happen to breed, raise, and I am "owned" by a blue and gold macaw (Azula), 4 Indian Ringnecks, a quaker (Pickles), 2 sun conures (Pepita & Mango), and 4 budgies..:) Each species has specific qualities and, on top of that, they have their own individual personalities. It can take time for a feathered baby to warm up to you. I've had a baby cling to me from the first day, yet have had to wait a few months to build trust in order for a baby to warm up to me. All of my ringnecks (who are supposed to be fabulous talkers) have never said one word! However, my macaw and quaker just started taking out of the blue one day (and boy do they talk!).... I would save any feathers from a molt and maybe use them in a spell to bring about whatever you want to accomplish; while having reasonable expectations on a mundane level. Try getting involved in forums dedicated to the specific species..you can ask questions and receive advice as well....:)
baybee27

Unread postby baybee27 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:40 pm

illogicalcrocodile,

I have a few gorgeous feathers from my BG Macaw (who is an avid talker) that I can give to you free of charge. If your interested, P.M me..:)
baybee27

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Hoodoo, Conjure, Training Workshops

Return to Ask Us for Conjure Help with Pets and Wild Animals