Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Spells While Working With the Devil

ozmalicious
Forum Member
Spells While Working With the Devil

Unread post by ozmalicious » Thu May 02, 2013 7:07 pm

I found a couple of spells in Cat's Herb book, using asafoetida to curse someone, by asking the devil to curse them.

Is the Devil called just as commonly as Saints and other deities in Hoodoo? Are there certain rules about interacting with him?

heartexalted
Forum Member
Re: Working with the Devil in spells..

Unread post by heartexalted » Fri May 03, 2013 12:35 pm

Actually, I would also be interested in the answer to this question...
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

thatgirl
Forum Member

Unread post by thatgirl » Wed May 08, 2013 3:33 pm

I can't answer for cat or anyone else of course, but I'll try to answer as best I can from my own experiences.

Even when mentioning the devil in a curse is common for some people, it tends not to be in the same way that people relate with saints.

What's put under the umbrella of "hoodoo" is incredibly broad. You have people who work with Saints and some who would never do such a thing, viewing Catholic saint petitions as idol worship and pagan! (May sound ironic, but it's true.) You have people who are heavy into the Bible, and you have those who don't involve the Bible itself at all while still maintaining Christian morals. Likewise can be said for many other aspects of what is called "hoodoo", from candles to petition papers.

To some, doing darker work to fix a person is common place. To others it's actually very taboo. So, no it's not as common at all. Some believe taking care of problem makers is okay. Others believe you leave that in the hands of The Most High, praying for your own victory and protection as opposed to any harm to an enemy. Whichever the case, you're ideally doing more to draw, enhance, heal, and protect than to curse, harm, or seek vengeance. Those are last resorts, usually for the proverbial greater good or justice. However, that isn't to say that there aren't plenty of people out there perfectly willing to do things that are taboo.

That said, reference to the devil in hoodoo isn't always satan from the bible. Sometimes it actually is. In cases of protective type work, you're generally not going to see it used like in high magic, or like when working with the saints. You'll more often see it in spoken curses, more to do with the intent than trying to make friends with satan himself. Many references to the devil have a lot to do with the view that the devil himself is responsible when bad things are going on. "That's just the devil" is what people might say when you're feeling doubt, fear, or irrational anger, etc. The devil isn't seen as some mysterious red dude with a tail who you don't want to be around, but a force trying to get his hands into every good area of life for people.

I'm not saying there aren't people out there who seek a relationship with the devil himself. It just tends not to be the way in which the biblical devil is referenced or used.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Wed May 08, 2013 6:05 pm

The Devil at the Crossroads is probably the most common case of working with him in Hoodoo. Making a pact with him to achieve what you desire.

I bet asking him to curse someone would be much the same. He is going to want to you promise him something big in return.

The best Lucky Mojo product to use in working with the Devil is the Black Arts line. Since it is made by a Satanic Priest by the Dark of the Moon.
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

patientlywaiting
Forum Member

Unread post by patientlywaiting » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:26 am

Can you link me to the black arts line?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:21 am

Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

NeedingLuck
Forum Member

Re: Spells While Working With the Devil

Unread post by NeedingLuck » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:52 am

So it's day 2 of a 7 day ritual I'm undergoing. Lately my mood has been very down, can't sleep, etc. I suspect it'll be like this for at least a month. Will I gradually see any differences before the 7th day or no?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Spells While Working With the Devil

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:35 pm

Hello, NeedingLuck ,

Honestly, I have never heard of this happening.

Are you sure that you don't have anything happening to your health? I would suggest seeing a physician first.

I pray that this goes away.

Take care

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Cursing, Crossing, Jinxing, and Revenge”