• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:58 pm

Tar Water

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herb baths, crystal salt baths, and floor washes for cleansing, protection, love, health, and luck.

Tar Water

Unread postby SageWanderer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:55 am

I realize recipe out of Draja Mickaharic's 'A Century of Spells,' but I thought that Lucky Mojo would have sold this since they carry War Water; however, I did not come across this in the catalog. Perhaps this is specified under a different name? It's supposed to be taken in a bath to rid of heavy thoughtforms, etc.

Thanks.
SageWanderer

Re: Tar Water

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:36 am

Draja's methods come from many different folk magical traditions, not just conjure. So it's very likely that recipe was either from a culture outside of the one's in which hoodoo is practiced, or it was one of his own devising. Since "thoughtforms" is not in the conjure vocabulary, I would guess that this is simply not a hoodoo trick, and therefore LM would very likely not carry it.

You could use their 13-Herb bath for any heavy personal cleansing that you need - adding some cascarilla can help add even more of an negativity-absorber and remover if you feel you need it. Using it for 13 days straight will give you the heavy-duty cleanse.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby SageWanderer » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:28 pm

Interesting suggestion, Devi. I have recently started taking salt, baking soda, cascarilla and florida water baths and it has helped me A LOT with my current dilemma. I'm not sure if baking soda is a conjure ingredient, but it included in Draja's material. Anyways, thanks for the answer and I will look into the 13-herb bath as I've heard raves over it.
SageWanderer

Unread postby Devi Spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:19 pm

Baking soda is sometimes mixed in with other salts (epsom, sea, table) with cleansing baths.

13-Herb bath does rock!
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:25 am

Tar Water is traditional in conjure. However, like any petroleum product, it is also highly carcnogenic and if improperly disposed of it pollutes the soil and all waterways.

Furthermore, one bottle may be all you would buy, but as the makers of the product, we'd have to expose ourselves to thousands of bottles of it over our lifetimes.

Therefore, like other toxic and semi-toxic products from hoodoo's past, i do not wish to make it or carry it. My decision, solely. It IS highly traditional, however.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby SageWanderer » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:28 am

OK, thank you for that informative response, Cat. I would have to stand by your eco-conscious stance in opposing to carry the product.

Would you suggest the 13-herb bath as the appropriate substitute for clearing "thoughtforms"? Or is this concept absent from conjure?

Thanks.
SageWanderer

Unread postby Devi Spring » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:12 pm

Thanks for the info, Miss Cat. I hadn't run across it, and so figured it must be from elsewhere. That's what you get when you assume something. ;)
Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Jordan733 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:13 am

I'm aware that this is a very old post, but these references are so valuable that I'm glad they are available as us newbies come along.

I just wanted to say that your post Ms. Cat was great on this topic. I am often confused by what is traditional and what is just one of so many products available on the internet. Also, to give an informed and eco-conscious reason for not carrying a product is of course not required, but so very helpful in making a decision of whether or not to seek a product from another source. In this case, it sounds like it is certainly a more thoughtful and aware decision to go with an herbal replacement especially as one is so readily available at Lucky Mojo.

Thanks again for the information!
Jordan733

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:37 am

Jordan733 wrote: I am often confused by what is traditional and what is just one of so many products available on the internet.

I would suggest that you start researching hoodoo for yourself and you will soon learn hat is traditional and just a product on the internet. It will become quite clear in a very short amount of study.

Consider starting with HOODOO IN THEORY AND PRACTICE http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

Then think about perhaps enrolling in Miss Cat's Hoodoo Correspondence Course: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocourse.html

Research authors of books you come across to see what they gain from publishing. Look into books published before 1980. Time and research will be your guide. Best of luck.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Baths and Washes in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells