• Advertisement
Crystal-Silence-League-Link

It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Tarot, Tarocchi, Tarock Card Reading Questions and Answers

How to select and employ Lucky Mojo divination tools, and how to learn fortune telling in the Hoodoo and Conjure tradition.

Re: Tarot, Tarocchi, Tarock Card Reading Questions and Answers

Unread postby ProphetAvery » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi I was wondering if anyone knew of an animal tarot card deck that "matched" the symbolism and use of the rider waide tarot deck, I've found some online including the animal divine, but this is my first tarot deck and I would like to find a deck that matches the original rider waide as closely as possible without "cat people" animal hybrids etc. any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
God Bless St. Expedite, Archangel Michael!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1860G
ProphetAvery

Career Spreads

Unread postby openminded » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:08 pm

What kind of spreads are good for figuring out if a career is right for you?
openminded

Re: Career Spreads

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:23 pm

openminded --

Career is a topic of inquiry, not a form of divination. A gifted worker could divine for you on the topic of career with cards of almost any type and in virtually any layout or spread -- or using any other method of divination, such as crystal scrying, sychometry, palmistry, graphology, or -- perhaps the best method for this particular topic -- astrology.

Learn more about the different methods of divination at the free Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers site:
http://readersandrootworkers.org
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Advice for learning Tarot cards

Unread postby affie » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 am

Hi all,
I would like some advice on learning the Tarot Cards. I just bought my first deck that comes with a book but I need some general advice. Can I buy psycic vision oil help me, any other products that may help me as well? Any advice will be appreciated.
affie

Re: Advice for learning Tarot cards

Unread postby MissMichaele » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:12 pm

Psychic Vision oil is a great idea! Maybe King Solomon Wisdom, too -- it's long been used to aid any type of study.

I started by getting a copy of E. A. Waite's Pictorial Key to the Tarot, and pulling one card a day to study it. After about a month, the cards began to predict how that day would go -- I was quite surprised. I distinctly remember the first time it happened: I drew The Empress (abundance) on the day a coworker brought in an entire cheesecake to share with the office -- for no particular reason.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Mama Micki » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:24 pm

You can also add Master Key for mastery of any occult art, including divination.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store
Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread postby aura » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:24 pm

MissMichaele has some great ideas there affie. Clarity is another good oil choice for helping learn a new skill and have clear accurate insight. Another idea you may want to try is to begin by giving yourself a 1 or 3 card cut every day. Read what that card means and then see in your day how that came to be - it will help you develop not only a knowledge of the cards but a personal ''vocabulary'' if you will, that is more subtle and covers more aspects than book learning can provide. Also practice on friends and family as much as you can, rest assured, finding people to read for shouldn't be too hard!

Blessings and success in your learning.
Road-Opening, Healing & Herbalism
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:38 pm

You may benefit from some magical coaching as well. Just a thought. Look through AIRR and identify a coach. (http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ual_Advice)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 pm

Time, practice, concentration, and familiarity will be your best friends when learning to divine with the tarot. I benefited greatly from the use of Lucky Mojo's Master Key, Psychic Vision, and Spirit Guide products as well.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby duchess » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:21 am

Hi affie,

In addition to hiring a spiritual coach, simply listening to the LM Rootwork hour can give you tons of information on tarot card interpretation and how it relates to various situations. Since I've started listening, my card readings have acquired so much more depth to them.

Hope this helps!
duchess

Unread postby affie » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:36 am

Thank you guys so much for your answers. Ill definitely order the oils and try listening to the lucky mojo radio show more often. It has been a bit confusing to try and figure out the cards on my own so hopefully with time all of these combined with spending more time with them helps. :-)
affie

My Experience with Spreads and LM Products

Unread postby Laila » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:18 pm

I do a daily tarot reading for myself in conjunction with journaling. I anoint with LM Master Key, Clarity, and Psychic Vision oils for my readings. My readings are spot on at least 60 % of the time. I use a 5-card spread in the shape of a cross that relates to important event 1 (or past), event 2 (or present), event 3 (or future), (these 3 cards are left to right) unconscious/below surface (card below), conscious/surface (card above). I cleanse the cards with sage incense and recharge the cards using LM Master Key sachet powder.

The thing that drives me crazy is that I usually don't see the real meaning of the reading until after the day has passed. For example, one morning I got the Strength card depicting the herbalist woman with the lion (big orange cat) and thought that it meant I would have/need strength that day. It turned out that my big orange diabetic cat had a hypo attack that day and I needed to treat him with an herbal Karo syrup mixture I had made to save his life. If I had understood the meaning at the outset, I could have prevented the hypo attack in the first place.

Another example is with a recent date. I did a reading on the man prior to the date, and I got 7 of Swords in the present position and 3 of Swords in the conscious position. I had a strong intuition from the reading that he was trouble, but it wasn't until after the date that I found out he was "happily married," at least according to his wife's Facebook profile. Needless to say, I won't be going out with him again, but why didn't that jump right out at me? It seems so obvious in hindsight!
Laila

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Lalla,

It sounds like you have some talents for reading cards. Just keep working with your system, noting actual outcomes. In time you will come to trust the messages you get.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Obskultus » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 am

Just thought I'd share one of my favorite methods for reading, it's an old cartomancy method called the Tirage en Croix.

It offers very specific answers to most queries, and is easily adaptable for prescription root work.

This is a five card reading, originally using only the Major Arcana (from what I understand, many European cartomancers only use the trump cards in readings;) I typically employ a full deck, and I don't recommend using "reversals" with this method.

1.) Draw the first card and place it on the left arm of the cross. This is the thesis, or what favors the querent.

2.) Draw the second card and place it on the right arm of the cross. This is the antithesis, or what poses an obstacle to the querent.

3.) Draw the third card and place it on the top of the cross. This is the synthesis, or what reconciles the opposing cards. It sheds special light on the situation, and establishes equilibrium. It shows things as they really are, and not only as they are perceived.

It may suggest root work for the client. Look for a series of baths, or candle runs, or other root work.

4.) Draw the fourth card and place it at the bottom of the cross. This is the outcome, and shows the situation as it would naturally progress. It flows from the two opposing cards.

5.) Calculating the Quintessence: The center of your cross is empty. Here, we calculate the quintessence -- the ultimate summary of the reading, the unifying force that permeates the querent and the question. Here is where spirit is likely to speak, pay special attention. This card is always from the Major Arcana. It may determine the likelihood of root work succeeding.

Add the numerical value of your four cards together, and select the card that corresponds to that number in the Major Arcana. Place that card in the center. If your total is larger than the 22 major cards, add your value together. EX. 46 (4 + 6 = 10); 10 = The Wheel of Fortune.

Good luck!

Obskultus
HRCC Graduate # 1765 -- Charlie
Obskultus

Unread postby Laila » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:55 pm

Obskultus: That's a really interesting way to do a reading! I'm looking forward to trying it tomorrow or on Sunday.
Laila

Tarot card question

Unread postby titanraines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:44 am

I'm new to tarot and I recently had a tarot reading. As I was going through my notes, looking up the cards online and going deeper into what I learned, my notes say one of the card was (or has) "3 pyramids of ancient Egypt. The geometer taking measure of the world...". I obviously didn't get the name (if that's the terminology) of the card right and looking up such a card, I got nowhere. Can someone tell me what card this is? Thanks so much.
titanraines

Re: Tarot card question

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:18 am

titanraines --

That's the Page of Wands in the Rider-Waite-Smith deck!

Enjoy!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Re: Tarot card question

Unread postby titanraines » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:10 pm

Thank you so much.
titanraines

How does tarot work?

Unread postby titanraines » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:07 am

I'm new to divination and tarot in particular. I recently had a reading and looking over my notes, it struck me that this (tarot) is unreasonably effective and over thousands of miles. I mean this in the most positive and humble sense with compliments and respect for the reader for I was very impressed, to say the least.

So I wanted to ask, "How does it work?"

It seems as though the reader tunes into me somehow with the aid of the cards but goes beyond the cards to find information related to my questions. What gets me, however, is that some things the reader reports are truly novel insights that I had not considered. Other things--and here's the catch--I seem to already know on different levels that the reader could not have known through ordinary means. For instance, some of the information in the reading I just had the other day reminded me of a forgotten (on my part) speech that I had given a few years back completely unrelated to tarot but connected to my question for the reading. So today, two days after the reading, I dig up the speech and sure enough, what the reader had said was there in my speech. She was spot on. How's that possible?

That tarot works seems remarkable enough to me. Knowing how it works is kind of like icing on the cake. I recognize there may be no such "grand unified theory" of tarot and my question is probably not a simple one. But if someone has some pointers, suggestions, a forum link, etc., I would be most grateful.
titanraines

Re: How does tarot work?

Unread postby thatgirl » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:47 am

Well, there are people out there who read just the cards. Meaning, they only tell you information based on the meanings of the cards they pull and how they relate to one another. Even people with the gift of foresight may do this on occasion when they can't really get much info off an individual.

Otherwise, the cards are a tool for someone who is already intuitive. Even in this case, how it works is kind of individual. Some rely heavily on colors and imagery, while others don't. I guess the best way to put it is, knowing the cards... they spark mental images, thoughts, words, sensations upon seeing them that are unique to the individual situation they're reading for. They just sort of... clue the reader or point him/her in the proper direction.

People have different advice to give when it comes to tarot. For me, studying the cards and so forth wasn't *nearly* as helpful in my learning as just... waiting till I needed them. After trying to learn about the cards themselves in my teens I put them down for a little while. I picked them up again some months later when my spidey senses started tingling. Like, that feeling when you just *know* something is up, but can't put your finger on what. That was even a bit more helpful in my understanding than reading for friends by request. But, it's all useful and everyone's different.

Good luck!
thatgirl

Re: How does tarot work?

Unread postby Apollo Dark » Sat Apr 27, 2013 6:30 pm

I see the cards as a tool to tap into my own Intuition. My understanding of them has been greatly influenced by a little book I picked up at Lucky Mojo. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in the Tarot. You Can Learn the Tarot by Dennis Perez

You can find it on this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html#divination

It is the last book listed in the Divination Books section. It is short and to the point, and it is amazing that a really great understanding of the cards can be within such a little book.
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice
Apollo Dark
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AnnieB » Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 pm

I just wanted to share my experience with my new set of Tarot cards! I used to read a few years ago and stopped, but now I want to pick it up again, with a different deck this time (Universal Waite).

I don't use spreads, I just take up to 5 cards and string them together in a narrative, which works well for me.

I keep a Tarot journal where I record what cards came up as well as my interpretation of them, so I can always look back and reference. It's also good for a re-evaluation of the meanings when I am unclear the first time around.

I find that quite often, when I ask a question that is heavily related to a previous question, my new deck would actually throw in some of the same cards in the previous question! There was even one time where it gave me the same three cards in the EXACT same sequence as it did in a previously related question. And this was after shuffling and picking the cards out one by one from random places in the deck. Like my deck is saying, "I said it before, and I'm saying it again!"

I just find this rather uncanny and I guess I really feel that this is really the deck that was truly meant for me!
AnnieB

Unread postby Doctor Hob » Thu May 23, 2013 2:03 pm

--AnnieB,

I've had my Tarot and playing cards give me the same cards over and over when reading for clients. For me, it can be interesting to see the evolution of the situation as the repeat card(s) move through the changing narrative.

I also tend to have the Hermit fall, when I read for myself, but that's a thing from way back...
Two-Headed Doctor
Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread postby AnnieB » Fri May 24, 2013 6:51 am

That is very cool, Doctor Hob. It is indeed interesting to see the same cards surrounded by others that bring in other perspectives!

I just had a thought, I was wondering if it's not such a strange idea to schedule a reading with a reader, but instead of having them read for you, YOU read for them so they can kind of give you feedback on your reading skills and perhaps give you some advice and coaching?
AnnieB

Unread postby Doctor Hob » Fri May 24, 2013 7:07 am

I've helped a friend with their card reading, like that, but never a client. I can't see very many reasons why I wouldn't.
Two-Headed Doctor
Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Fri May 24, 2013 10:14 am

AnnieB --

For at least ten years i have been teaching new card readers by this method.

1) They pay me for an hour ($60.00).

2) They perform a half-hour reading for me (on a real question of mine, never a fake one).

3) I then give them a half-hour of detailed feedback and improvement suggestions on the reading that they gave me, covering not only their card interpretations, but also their handling of the opening, mid-section, and close of the reading from a professional cartomancer's perspective.

I have many students who have engaged me for this service once or twice, but several have worked with me more than a dozen times each to refine their presentations.

I also teach the presentation of palmistry readings and bone readings to newly professional hand-readers and bone-trhowers in a similar way (but in-person only).

If you take my year-long Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course, you will see that the presentation of hoodoo and of its allied diivinatory arts is one of the topics i seek to pass along. Hoodoo is not just a collection of spells. It is a culture-specific form of folk-magic, and the individual spells and readings cannot and should not be divorced from the culture of Black America in which it developed.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby AnnieB » Sat May 25, 2013 5:18 am

Thank you for your reply Ms. Cat!

That is quite awesome. I would like to try to do that sometime as well. It would help me greatly since I'm mostly just reading for myself these days because there's no one around me to read for at the moment, so I lack practice.
AnnieB

Unread postby candiijojo » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 pm

I've been working with Tarot cards for about six years and I'm still struggling with a question. Maybe someone here can help me. I have heard both opinions, almost equally.... should I consider the meaning different with a reversed card than the same card upright, or the same meaning to a lesser degree..... or no differences at all? I've been listening to the LM radio show for sometime now and I don't recall hearing cat call out that a card is upright or reverse. But she only interpreters the card for the card that it is. I would like to know what readers more experienced than myself believe. I'm just still very unsure.
candiijojo

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:02 pm

Candijojo,

Reading reverses is optional among folk-magical practitioners. Many of us learned on playing cards, which are the same in either direction. Many tarocchi decks are only one-way on the trumps and/or courts, with the pips laid out two-way, like other playing card decks.

The Rider-Waite deck was among the first to make the pips one-way, and the use of reverses was introduced with that deck. But not everyone is into that. I'm not, personally -- although i sell the Quick and Easy Rider-Waite which does lay out the reverses, right on the cards, for teaching purposes.

I go by the older so-called gypsy method also known as English method, Italian method, Lenormand method, et cetera, of judging whether a card is to be interpreted negatively or posiitively based on the cards it is next to.

Of the three people who currently read at Lucky Mojo, one (Elvyra) uses reverses, and two (Lou and me) do not.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby candiijojo » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:38 am

Thank you for that answer. I think I'm going to try not reading cards as reversed (I have been obeying the upright or reversed position of the cards) and see how that works for me. I appreciate your help.
candiijojo

Unread postby baybee27 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:30 pm

starsinthesky,

I love how you mentioned writing down/ journaling results from readings. This is something I do with my own readings, as well as any ritual work I do. It helps in the sense that you can go back and look at dates, timing, and progress. I also record reading results for close friends that I read for. This way, we can see what was predicted and what has come to pass.
baybee27

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:41 pm

For anyone starting out in any divination practice, keeping a journal is a great practice. Always write down your readings, specifically prediction. Then go back and check them against what really happened. This will give you great insight into the nuances of reading while also helping you develop the "vocabulary" for your various cards, figures, signs etc.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Best Tarot Cards for Hoodoo Conjure

Unread postby Magister9 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:12 am

Hi to all,

I would like to know if for hoodoo there are some specific tart cards for understand about a problem and what conjure spell is the best for resolve it..

I hope is not my fantasy :)

Thank you a lot to all.

Bye Magister9
Blessing and luck
Magister9

Re: Best Tarot Cards for Hoodoo Conjure

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:55 am

Magister9,

Hoodoo consists of specialized methods of performing folk-magic that have developed within the African American community during the past 200 or so years. Due to social and economic conditions that prevailed during that time, the actual tools of this form of spiritual work have tended to be fairly commonplace, that is, they are wildcrafted, locally grown, home-made, or mass-produced and factory-made items available on a farm, a small town, or the Black ghetto district of a large city, or available through national distribution of occult goods by mail order into the Black community.

Tarot cards, and playing cards in general, are mass-produced and factory-made items, and so when we talk about mass-produced and factory-made items used "for hoodoo" or "in hoodoo" we are actually discussing goods that were popular in the Black community of the 19th and 20th century and were widely available either through occult stores or via mail-order catalogue distribution, and (and this is important) have remained available into the 21st century.

With that in mind, i can easily give you an answer to your question:

The most widely distributed tarot deck in the USA has been -- since the 1910s, when it was created -- the Rider-Waite-Smith deck, also known as the RWS deck. In fact, until the late 1960s, the RWS and the Marseilles decks were the only tarot decks widely distributed in the USA, either through mail order catalogues or store-based occult shops.

However, tarot did not start out as an "occult" set of cards, and card reading itself is an occult adaptation that makes use of playing cards -- all kinds of card-playng.

In this context, it is important to note that tarot is basically a deck developed for a card game, tarocchi -- but the most widely-distributed card decks in the USA, period, are the standard English-pattern poker decks available from a wide variety of playing card manufacturing companies. Therefore, the most common cards used by African American card readers in the hoodoo community have been poker cards, because RWS tarot cards were never in wide distribution, being only available through occult shops and mail-order occult catalogues.

This does not mean that hoodoo practitioners of cartomancy are limited to using only poker decks or RWS decks, and that was not the nature of your query -- yet, in this era of "follow the leader," i do have to mention it, lest someone create a web site in which they falsely note that "the RWS is the only tarot deck used in hoodoo."

Thanks for a great question.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby Magister9 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:12 am

Thank you Catherine for your complete answer... And the origin of hoodoo... I really love hoodoo :)

Now I am using Crowley tarot cards and they give me good help.. Even if I believe that for be able to read well the tarots maybe one life time will be not enough :) because all the time that I do cards I learn something more...

But my fantasy in my mind was maybe one day some of you guys.. could paint a hoodoo tarots cards for make the root workers understand what problem and what spell we should do for resolve with success the situation... In other words a special hoodoo tarot cards :)

Sorry if my English is not well and I hope you understand what I was trying to say..

Bye Magister9
Blessing and luck
Magister9

Unread postby N1reht » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:13 pm

Can you use tarot cards to determine what kind of work to do? Or anything along those lines.
N1reht

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:53 pm

N1reht,

Yes, we do that all the time!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread postby N1reht » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:33 am

Hi Cat,

Is there a post on the forum, website, or book somewhere that describes this process?
N1reht

Unread postby Miss Bri » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:03 am

I do not think that there is a specific post or page that describes the process of using tarot to assess a situation and recommend magical results-but if you work with a worker or you pay for one on one lessons with someone who works with the cards this way you will start to learn the method for yourself! That is one of the primary ways that I learned and I highly recommend it.

Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR
Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:38 am

N1reht: I would agree with Miss Bri. Once you start to cultivate a close relationship with divination and it's forms you will be able to use these as a means for determining what work to do, what elements to use, which products to choose, etc.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Jules6186 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:30 pm

Hello! I bought a miniature Rider-Waite from LM a few months ago and love it! Have been getting some awesome results. My question, on the LM Hoodoo Rootwork Hour and on the forums I hear of people "checking up on their spell work" with some divination. What spread, preferably regarding the Rider-Waite deck, do people do this with or what would you recommend? Thanks!
Jules6186

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:40 pm

Hello, Jules6186,
That's a very good question (which will results in hundreds of different answers).
The post above yours is by Joseph Magnuson. Check it out. He talks about establishing a relationship with your cards.
What I do is the identical spreads that I do for reading clients. The difference is: what I ask the cards.
I will ask (for example): "I have performed a spell for ____ so that she gets work. What is the outcome of this spell?" <--or something like this. Then I lay one of my normal card spreads to see the outcome. Or, you can change the word: "outcome" to "progress"
Now, be careful because if you used the Tarot to help you to decide what spell work to do, then asking the outcome is showing doubt of the spirits who helped you.
So, if the cards helped me to decide what spell to use, I will change my verbiage. I will ask something like: "WHEN will ____ get that job"?
Do you have any books on reading the Tarot? If not, find them here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
Like I had said, it depends on your questions. It also depends on your relationship with your cards.
You're doing well in that you've only had them a few months and already establishing a relationship with awesome answers. You may just be a natural!
Congrats!
PROUD member of AIRR
Also find me on Hoodoo Psychics
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Claire-De-Lys » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi everyone,
I began learning Tarot divination last year. I have been giving free readings as an exercise. I didn't pay attention to the cleansing of the deck and now I find myself lacking energy when I need to do a reading, and the feeling is like i'm drowning, i can feel my lungs as they are filled with water. i don't know if that has a meaning but i want to continue with the readings ( i am currently meditating on the cards without doing readings).
Then I started doing palmistry instead - it seems i don't need as much energy for such readings, and i am sure the reason behind it is that i am an even bigger newbie at it.
I would like to know how to feel good with my deck again, and how not to feel almost wounded after a reading?

Thank you!
Claire-De-Lys

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:57 am

Claire-De-Lys, this draining/drowning feeling might not be connected to the cards at all, but to you giving too much of your own energy to the reading or the person that you are reading for. If you are more empathic this could be a challenge and something that you need to learn to do with shielding or grounding yourself better. You might also benefit from some magical coaching to help. Also, getting a reading from an outside source could help you to pinpoint what exactly is happening to you.
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Claire-De-Lys » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:04 pm

Dear Miss Phoenix,

Thank you for your answer.
I suppose shielding could include maybe Blessing products? What else would you suggest?
What do you mean by magical coaching, does someone from the AIRR do that?
Thank you, I will consider a reading from someone from the AIRR for sure. ;)
Claire-De-Lys

Unread postby natstein » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:01 am

Hello Claire-De-Lys,

People over at AIRR do indeed offer magical coaching. You can read all about it and find those who do it on this page:

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ual_Advice

hope this helps!

Peace~

Nathen
natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Miss Phoenix » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:00 am

Hi Claire-De-Lys, natstein nailed it. Practically all of the AIRR members offer magical coaching services. I would suggest that you read through a few profiles pick out a few people that you feel called or connected to.

Best of luck!
Miss Phoenix
MissionaryIndependent.org/readings.html
Hoodoo Psychics: 1-888-4-HOODOO
Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Claire-De-Lys » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Thank you ;)
I feel good just knowing you guys are out there doing some good stuff. :)
But yes, I am on my way to find someone who will help and possibly guide me.
I wish to become a good Tarot reader and I guess I have to deal with these problems first.
Claire-De-Lys

Dressing your tarot cards

Unread postby Mrniceguy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:45 am

I was looking to find out how would the spirit guide incense along with psychic vision incense effect my tarot reading? What are ones experiences with those products combined?
Mrniceguy

Re: Dressing your tarot cards

Unread postby jwmcclin » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:45 pm

I have not had the experience but have you read the similarities/differences? found here Spirit Guide and Psychic Vision.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Christian Hanson » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:37 am

Mrniceguy,

My best advice would be to try it out for yourself and observe what you perceive the difference is. I often utilize different condition oils in my professional reading practice, based upon my own experience and experimentation with them over the years. Eventually, you will come to find a specific oil, or combination of oils that works well or resonates with you more than others. Be mindful and attentive to your experience when doing a reading with oils vs. without. You may find it helpful to keep a reading / tarot journal where you make note of which oils you were using for the reading, and over time observe the different trends that may emerge based on your impressions of the reading.
Christian Hanson HRCC Graduate #1779G
Tarot Reader, Bone Thrower.
Minneapolis, MN
Christian Hanson

Traditional Conjure Rootworkers and Tarot

Unread postby CoMeadows » Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:58 am

I was going to give a back story but I decided not to. So here is my question, where did the Tarot Deck and even playing cards come into play in traditional conjure? I will have to give a little back story i guess, coming from a family of Gifted Rootdoctors, and Rootworkers, by gifted I mean born with a veil, growing up I never witness cards being used only the gift we were born with. So, I thought to myself I can understand bones, tea leafs, wax reading, and even smoke, giving that true Africans and Native American is the mix of "conjure." I myself ethnically am Native American, French, and African, so my guess was the European influences I mean helll I do have French in me.... :?
CoMeadows

Re: Traditional Conjure Rootworkers and Tarot

Unread postby j82 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:50 pm

CoMeadows,

I dont know the exact history of cards leading into rootwork but the assumption that you and your family dont use them and are natural workers, therefore its not natural for others is a flawed logic. IF you were to research different areas of the south you would find different norms based on those regions, many which relate to the natural world around them. Playing cards come from Europe and some are dated back to egypt. Reading cards or reading items that are thrown go back to the old testament of the bible. they use to cast lots to determine the leader which is neither bones nor smoke or wax or bones but sticks. I know a few workers who are old school and use playing cards and are amazing with them, I would never assert to them that their tradition, their learning was wrong or not part of the hoodoo tradition.

http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... rd_Reading

divination-methods-used-in-african-american-hoodoo-t20005.html
j82

Re: Traditional Conjure Rootworkers and Tarot

Unread postby CoMeadows » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:54 am

I apologize if it came off as a put down because that was not my intention. I was interested because although I am a gifted reader I thought it would be good to also read cards and maybe bones which I can and have read cards "tarot" well. To have another source of divination to confirm a solution or what problem(s) been seen. Also with our family traditions our ancestor play a very strong roll in all our work and me not witnessing card reading yet me reading cards I am trying to link my ancestors to that or if cards played a roll our family at "some point." I know working and reading varies from location and families which I respect fully and can definitely appreciate the wisdom of some traditions.
CoMeadows

Unread postby j82 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:11 pm

CoMeadows ,

Bone reading is very traditional and Cat has book on it that can be purchased though LM. I am sure if you work the tarot well that someone in the family has used it, or being they are gifted workers, the spirit would help you learn it. Is anyone alive still that can be asked? If not can you light a candle and pray to them to speak to you via sign, dream etc to see and know. I agree with the idea of getting to check the reading multiple ways , I know people who throw bones then tarot for the same purpose you suggested.
j82

Unread postby CoMeadows » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:09 am

Thanks darlin', I agree with you fully, have a blessed one!

Co. Meadows
CoMeadows

Unread postby Wishful » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:26 pm

Can anyone here tell me the deck used by Madame Nadia during the 2/8/15 radio show readings? I would like to research the cards more. Thank you!
Wishful

Unread postby Miss Aida » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Hello, Wishful ,

Yes, she is known for her readings with LENORMAND" STYLE CARD-READING DECKS.

Find them here: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatdivination.html

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

Unread postby Sis Rukiyah » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:36 pm

This is more of a comment...
I've never used any sort of cards to do a reading, but this thread has me so intrigued. I've been searching for tarot cards for the past few days but none call out to me :|
I'll continue my search. This thread has wonderful info. in it.
Bliss'ings
B'lessons
HHC, Naturopathic Holistic Full Circle Doula, Medicine Woman
HRCC Graduate #1990G
Sis Rukiyah

Unread postby Miss Aida » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:20 pm

Hello, Sis Rukiyah ,

Sounds like Spirit is calling you to expand your practice!!

Take care
PROUD member of AIRR
www.hoodoopsychics.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK!
Miss Aida
Site Admin

PreviousNext

• Advertisement
Lucky-Mojo-Hoodoo-Rootwork-Hour-Radio-Show.com

Return to Divination Tools, Tarot Cards, Pendulums, Crystal Balls, and Spirit Boards