Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:13 pm

inajam,

I suspect that the person you call a "caster" is a scam. Real magicians, sorcerers, root doctors, conjures, rootworkers, witch doctors, hoodoo ladies, spiritual workers, and others who do altar work or spell-casting for clients do not call themselves "casters." That's a childish name, taken on by people afraid to say what they really are. I am sorry you lost money, but that is sometimes the price we pay for trusting the wrong people.

By the way, there is no one "from here" to cast spells for you. Many professional rootworkers do inhabit this Lucky Mojo shop forum, but you must hire them on their own, either via their own web sites or at one of the large directory sites, such as the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR(, at
http://readersandrootworkers.com

Okay, so on to your questions, and i hope my replies are meaningful, always remembering that they are one folk magcician's opinion.

1) I don't believe in all this "meant to be" versus "not meant to be" stuff at all, and i never have. I believe we have the power to effect change, but just like a man trying to lift a ton of iron, some loads are too big to lift, and some energies are too heavy to shift. Also, if not to heavy, the condition may be of too long standing, and like stage 4 cancer, which is beyond the doctor's ability to cure, some situations are too far gone to retrieve. Then there is the question of opposition. You may be able to run a mile, but if someone pushes against you and trips you up, you may not be able to run at all -- and there are many people who fight on the spiritual plane, or via rootwork, to preserve their way of life, or to hold on to what they've got, and you may not be able to overthrow them, even with a spell. Finally, God has the final word, and if two people pray for opposite outcomes, God will favour one and not the other. None of these explanations have to do with "fate" in any way!

2) There are many forms of magic. Folk magic, no matter of what culture, always makes use of real objects, often called curios. We here are studying and using folk magic, specifically African American hoodoo. In our tradition, certain herbs, roots, minerals -- and products made from or with them -- act as allies or spiritual helpers. In addition, certain colours, scents, and times of the clock or of the calendar may add power to our work, and of course we also use prayers, both scritural and from the heart, to lend power and focus to our work.

3) If i were you, i would do a divination on that question. Some spells are not worth attempting (think: too heavy, too far gone) and ought not be attempted. Having two different spells fail to win your objective may be enough for you. I usually try three times, unless i draw the 4 of Cups (in the tarot) or 4 of Hearts (in playing cards) -- in which case i will try four times. I also set myself a firm time limit and do not endlessly repeat a spell or endlessly attempt many spells to achieve an elusive outcome.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

inajam
Newly Registered

Unread post by inajam » Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Thank you for these responses. A couple questions:

1) If me doing the work resulted in no movement, thus the answer is “move on”? I used a reconciliation honey jar. Have areconciliation spell kit, but wondering if I should scrap this. And/or try a different one, etc. Or do the reading first, then proceed.

2) What did JayDee mean by “crossed conditions”? Is that obstacles in the way of the goal that are just plain insurmountable?

Sometimes I wonder if the best spell for me is to be less hopeful and optimistic. It’s so hard for me to give up on goals...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:09 pm

inajam --

1) I think you need some coaching. Setting a time limit and determining how many spells you will do during that time-frame is a BASIC of all folk magic spell casting and is especially well understood in hoodoo. If you need a coach or a reading, you can hire one through AIRR, the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, here:

Category:Magical Coaching and Spiritual Advice
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... ual_Advice

2) Guessing at what the terms of a folk magic system mean, as you did, is not useful. Every system has its own terms of art -- makt and tydor are terms from trolldom, ayin hara comes from Jewish folk magic, susto comes from curandismo, and crossed conditions is a term found in hoodoo. Read more about it here, in my free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice":

CROSSING and CROSSED CONDITIONS
http://www.luckymojo.com/crossing.html

Good luck in your studies and best of luck in your reconciliation work. Be of good hope, work within your time frame, and may your wishes come true.
catherine yronwode

Beachykeen

Unread post by Beachykeen » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:28 pm

1) How does one know for sure if it was the hoodoo that brought the results?

Lovers do come back, people do win money, annoying neighbors do move away....

2) How do you actually know if it was the spell or just a coincidence?

I’d like to believe all my hoodoo in the past was what brought the results, but sometimes I wonder.

I haven’t even started my love spells on my current target, and I’ve already seen tons of signs. This is what is encouraging me to start the spellwork to get things moving.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:49 pm

1) Well, how do you know for sure it was God who answered your prayers?

2) A spell expresses a desire, as does a prayer. Meaningful coincidences can be a way for prayers and spells to take shape. Give yourself a ten year break from all prayers and magical spells and watch to see if the "coincidences" hold up or if they fade away. Then use spells and prayers again for the next ten years. Which decade was happier for you? Try it -- and you will have settled your doubts.
catherine yronwode

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”