Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Theories About How/Why Magic/Psychism Works -- or Doesn't

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: Theories About How/Why Magic/Psychism Works -- or Doesn't

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 pm

There are times when some people have an innate talent for one side of magical working over another. Some are good at success, some at dark work, some at dominating, and some at love. Its a matter of personality and talent. However, this does not stop you from becoming successful at those fields. It simply takes a bit more work. A person with a dominating personality may have a difficult time rousing up the passions and sincere feelings to get a love spell going. Are they unable to ever cast love spell? No. It just means its going to take a bit of time. Just like any academic subject. You may not get it as naturally as another person does, but keep at it and you'll succeed.

If you are successfully attracting people, then next time you go out do an attraction spell anyway. Even if you know you are already the center of attention, working a spell for something you already know is going to happen is a great way to build up confidence. It basically tricking your mind to overcome what mental blocks you've placed in the way. From here, build up so you have the confidence that next time you work on a specific target you have no doubts that it will work. The key is practice and persistence. Keep at it and you will nail it.

Also, work on some cleansing to help overcome any blocks in the way...

Finally, look back at your spells and petitions. Do you find anything that could be making difficulty? Are you being *too* specific? Are you demanding too much? Are you trying to jump steps like from flirtation to full on relationship? Re-examination helps you nail down the specifics of spell casting.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:15 am

I need serious help right now. seems like my work was going wonderfully and all of a sudden everything just went south. I had a reading done and was told he's confused. He seems to do this every time things are going really well between us. I have a honey jar that I work. also wear a stay with me and nation sack mojo. If history is repeating itself then I should just stay calm and let him ride it out. But I'm just so tired of going through this, especially when we had such a good long stretch recently. Can anyone help? :roll:

ablake

Unread post by ablake » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:34 am

What did the reader say exactly?

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:41 am

That he is thinking about marriage and is confused. That our big obstacle is my lack of trust (he cheated before) but that he is faithful and my work has worked on him.

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 am

All relationships go through rough patches. Just relax and think of the good times. Okay. You can have that again. Stay calm, don't work on him too hard because he'll likely be in a frame of mind to resist. Instead, just keep working your honey jar. Maybe step up the candle burning and/or time spent on it? You could also try some Healing Miracle oil on a couple candle to help with the old wounds.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:21 am

Your work didn't go south. It can happen when your target has reached a point where he has to reflect on his feelings in a new light, esp. if some kind of decision is involved. They go a little nutty and almost seem to resist you.

When this happened to me in the past, I put the target's hair in a bit of tranquility oil and burned dressed candle, etc. and told him to calm down. If you don't have the oil right now, use stay with me and pray for some gentle, easy times.
HRCC Graduate #1610

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:55 am

I know that recently he had been talking to family about asking me to marry him, I think that might be whats doing it to him. he is just so confused. But this is what he does, it is not the first time we've gone through this. Last night he did say that this was the last time we were going though this, hes also said that before though. I have tranquility oil coming in the next few days. and i do have some stay with me on hand. do you suggest i mix it with anything else? follow me boy?

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:39 am

Some fellow posters have noted that sometimes, follow me boy could stir a bit of an 'obsessive' reaction because it does have a commanding element to it. I'd go easy on this and use stay with me for now. Your man is kicking you a little because he's getting 'too close' (that's what he thinks/is afraid of anyway) so give things some space to calm down. It sounds like your work has worked on him though. Stay confident and optimistic.
HRCC Graduate #1610

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:54 am

Also try to remember that when working on someone you need to understand how much work is necessary. This is where the reading comes into play. If you simply throw multiple works at him it will lead to this state of confusion. You have a honey jar, a nation sack, and a stay with me conjure hand, perhaps find out if you need to either up the fire to get him over the threshold, or take a step back and let him come to it on his own while you take time to relax and do some cleansing and Road Opening. Good luck.

josdos

Unread post by josdos » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:14 am

Cabriellini, I think you are exactly right. as I said, we have been through this before. Every time things start going really well. The problem is I always play into it and things just escalate from there. I lost my cool with him a few nights ago but apologized for it yesterday and he apologized in return. Last night he seemed better already. I have kicked up the stay with me and stay at home for now, and am doing what I can to make him want to stay home.

gemini2

Unread post by gemini2 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:55 pm

I've noticed in some cultures/religions that fasting before a ritual or not consuming meat at all (or animal products) 'enhances' the performance of the spell/prayer/etc. Is that the same rule of thumb for hoodoo work?

p.s. i looked for place to post this, hope this is the right one. This topic seemed apt.

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:38 am

I have not heard that it does, personally I cycle through vegetarian and omnivorous diets and don't notice a difference. Hopefully, some others will comment as well.
HRCC Student #1339

gbenson

Unread post by gbenson » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:44 am

I used to do this while I was involved in Goetia evocation, its something I will be doing because it helped me focus a lot more.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:35 am

gemini fasting is relative in some religions; to my knowledge it is not a 'rule of thumb' in Hoodoo. Its a personal choice. I normally cleanse and sometimes perform a road opening before spells according to the purpose.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:39 am

Look at the history of hoodoo. It is the melding of many elements, including Central African folk-magic, Native American folk-magic and herbal medicine, Anglo-Saxon-Celtic folk-magic, and Jewish prayer-magic, as shaped in the customs of rural Southern African Americans. Several things characterise that history: the burden of slavery, the reality of rural agrarian poverty, a strong Christian faith, hard physical labour.

Think of the foods of the South: not too much there that is vegetarian.

Think of our patterns of work: We rise with the sun and we face the rising sun. Is that "fasting"? Well, it's working the ritual before breakfast, anyway.

And i will say too, that plenty of people say that if you need to catch a dream-sign, it's a good idea to skip dinner or maybe even lunch and dinner.

But next day you've gotta be on the job, most likely, so you better have an extra biscuit for breakfast.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

gemini2

Unread post by gemini2 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:35 pm

I read a veggie post (not this topic exactly) and it was on my mind. Thank you all :)

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon May 03, 2010 3:36 am

Here's a question for the brilliant folks on this board. Do you find work goes easier/better when you have deep feelings for the target or when you are more blase. I ask because I have done "angry" work and the energy is immediate because I am passionate as heck about it. However, in love work, I have done stuff just for the challenge and I have done work because I truly care about the guy and I'm trying to change circumstances. It seems that when I care too much I get in my own way but when I just do the trick and couldn't care less, it works out beautifully. I guess that's how you have to keep the emotional obsessions, etc. at bay regardless of how you feel.

Maybe that's why it's called "work"? Just wondering if others have the same experiences or not.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Mon May 03, 2010 6:36 am

To me the key isn't how much I care for the target. The work starts to manifest when I detach myself from it. It IS possible to control one's thought about this kind of thing - 'Oh, I'm really indifferent to what's happening now, it'll work out sooner or later, it doesn't bother me', etc. I can still worry/agonize but I try to stop myself early, it's a lot of practice.
HRCC Graduate #1610

suzyparker

Unread post by suzyparker » Mon May 03, 2010 6:57 am

ah, a little mind control on one's self. Thank you so much for all your help today, I appreciate it

I'm going to do the egg thing and repeat the mantra you sent

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun May 30, 2010 9:23 am

I tried a spell that was posted on here and realized after the fact that I royally screwed up --- It was a the moving break up spell, I forgot to put the love me oil on the other side of the candles and just moved the 'now broken up' candles to thier new loves with break up oil because I thought the love me and other products was just supposed to be on the other candles. I did however put love oil and come to me oil on a piece of aluminum foil between each break up candle and thier new loves. I have done proper disposal already. My question is what affect will this have? Will the other things I have done (am doing) to bring him closer still work, or will the break up oil cause us to split also?

When you screw up like this what do you do to fix it?
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:42 am

I would just repeat it. Sometimes these mistakes mean lack of focus to the work. As to what effect it might have, it might just plain fail due to the lack of focus on the ingredients you were suppose to put on the candles. Will it break you and him up...probably not considering you are doing other work to bring you and him closer. With or without the love me products your intentions were to move the target closer to you. So the intentions were there, but the products you used to make your intent strongly heard were not.

Solution: Repeat the spell work and pay closer attention to what you are doing.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun May 30, 2010 12:17 pm

Ok feeling much better about it, thanks
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

ANGEL007

Unread post by ANGEL007 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:08 pm

has anyone ever casted a spell without using any words, actions or rituals just the mind focusing real hard :evil:

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:13 pm

Yes. However Hoodoo calls upon the power of the herbs, oils, and products. This is a forum for Hoodoo and more so lucky mojo products and, not other practices.

ANGEL007

Unread post by ANGEL007 » Mon May 31, 2010 7:26 pm

?

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon May 31, 2010 9:05 pm

What stars means is that this is not a forum about mind power. It is a forum to assist Lucky Mojo customers in using their products and occasionally about the history of Hoodoo.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:43 am

Thank you cleopatra...thats exactly what I meant ;)

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Folks,

Hello again. Hope everybody is doing great. I am not asking for help but more for insight.
Not long ago, I did a money trick asking for 3000 dollars. Not long after that, I got into a car accident (other driver was at fault, not me). My car was considered as totaled and I have been offered around 3299 dollars. I bought this car in March, car accident in May, alas.

Is this coincidence or not?

I have done money spells before without any luck whatsoever but now, with this one, I can't help but think that I caused my gorgeous car to get into an accident or maybe, my mind is looking for a coincidence when there isn't any.

What do you guys think? What can I say..I feel bad and guilty, especially since the car cost me 4000.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:07 pm

You'd have to get a reading to find out for sure as I suppose it's possible. Sometimes things can manifest in rather strange ways which is why I add some kind of qualifier to my spells. Something like, "attract money to me through positive means only".

It's also a good idea to keep up your cleansing and protection. A Saint Christopher medal for your next car couldn't hurt either. Good luck.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Its definitely a possiblity, and I just mentioned something like this in another thread. These kinds of things happen when you sort of leave the universe to give you the money the most quickest way. This does not only happen with money spells but can happen with any spell if you do not direct your petition. For example in the love department is if you ask to be drawn a new love. So you meet someone only thing is they live out of the state or country. Your spell worked. But not the way you wanted. I agree with thelightfantastic definitely get a reading to see if this is a coincidence.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:12 am

I personally don't see this as a coincidence at all - it was the spell manifesting in my opinion, period. (Of course get a reading to confirm, but I've seen this type of thing too many times.) When doing a work for a specific amount of money, or really for anything - I just see it happen with money most often - make sure to specify some boundaries, such as the "attract $3000 to me in positive ways only" (although I usually get even more specific than that saying "through means which harm neither people nor property"). Magic will often take the easiest route to manifestation, and little tragedies that end up paying out insurance money are a pretty easy way to get a large chunk of cash really quickly.

So, you got the being explicit about the amount of money you wanted to draw in, and that's the first secret of money-magic. Good job! But you left the door open to manifestations that actually don't end up helping you too much by leaving your petition open-ended. Now you don't generally want to inhibit how the manifestation can occur TOO much, as that can slow down the process dramatically, but you do want to weed out the forms of manifestation that you DO NOT want.

But, now you know! And knowing's half the battle. ;)
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

jazzie

Unread post by jazzie » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:09 pm

Thanks everyone!

As bummed as I am, I am aware that I would not be able to pay gas for the car anyways, that is how bad my economic situation was. At the moment, my parents are fighting with the insurance to see if I can get extra.

Anyways, I did not do any protective work....I know, I know (ducking the tomatoes) but I am still confused. I have been told by rootworkers that protection is only necessary for negative work. In addition to this, I did not expect my money trick to work...I mean, they usually don't. I think the only other money spell that worked was one I did when I was 17 yrs old. Many years ago.

Regardless, I learned my lesson.

Can't afford a reading either.

Now, since I don't want to open a new thread on this.
For those of you who are taking or have taken Cat's class: IMPORTANT! WANT RESPONSES!

I have wanted to take this course for years but I am a law student. I get 48+ hours of reading per week. It is very intensive. If I wait until I am done with school, then I won't be able to take the course until year 2012 and who knows what will happen with Cat, my life...etc. by then. I feel an urge to take it but...I want to be able to dedicate my time to it.

I would like to know if the class is so demanding that it would take too much of my time, hence, not being able to balance it with my law school.

Thanks.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:23 pm

You can take up to 5 years to complete Cat's course, if I remember correctly, as long as you are regularly turning in homeworks with some frequency during that time - so you can pace yourself within that time-frame.

And while you absolutely HAVE to do cleansing and protection with crossing work in order to keep from bringing that mess home like muddy boot tracks, if you're going to be working regularly on any form of magic you should have a cleansing and protection routine. Magical work attracts attention from all different kinds of people and entities - you want to be insulated from those who might interfere. Even if you don't work conjure regularly, keeping routinely clean and protected will shield you from a whole lot of negativity that would otherwise trip you up, basically making your life a whole lot easier over all. So, yes, you should stay cleansed and protected always - no matter what kind of work you're doing.

Social1978

Unread post by Social1978 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:54 pm

I just have a quick question that I do not mean as being disrespectful but I have to ask as I am confused. I have heard several times that magic only works if it's meant to be. So if that's the case then won't it happen anyway without the magic. I thought the point of me doing all this was to make things happen that weren't necessarily meant to be but that I wanted at that time. Is this really the only way that magic will work? If so why all the effort because if it's meant to be it will happen anyway right?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:40 pm

This board is specifically about Lucky Mojo products and how people can use them in their situation, it isn't a place about the theory of magick and the how and why it works.

Each person has their own beliefs on destiny and man's ability to shape it. I for one believe that the paths of destiny are myriad and that our choices augmented by spellwork help to shift things in our favor.

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:46 pm

Stop. Take a pause and take a step back and take REAL LOOK. I stay out of the relationship boards; but you and I have made contact through a previous post. Take a step back and look at the big picture. I mean this nicely and constructively.
This will help you in your intrapersonal relationships, too. You have to know yourself before you can make a TRUE COMMITMENT to working respectfully with anything... a Spirit, A Saint, The Intranquil Spirit, (commonly reffered to most disrespectfully as the IS-- NOT SMART by many) or anything else that will bless your future endeavors. There is a WEALTH of information -- not just in this forum. There are is a wealth of information that Miss Cat has posted in "usenet"
This forum is an avenue for sharing and expression of the help of LM Products and How they enhance our lives.
I write with kindness and sincerity. I want you to find your place. Please study. Please learn. It can't be done in days or weeks. Only you will know. Okay?
With Kindness of hope for you,
---Triplethreat
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Social1978

Unread post by Social1978 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Thanks for the reply. That is why I am asking the question. I am wondering how I can use these products in my situation. For instance I have used the products before with an ex-boyfriend that wanted nothing else to do with me, 3 mos later after the spells, he wouldn't leave me alone even thought he was living with his new girlfriend at the time. Like I said, with me hearing that the products only work if its meant to be how is this true? I am just asking cause I am new to this and trying to learn more and I am not trying to be theoretical but is this the case? Or do the products shift the paths of destiny even if something isn't meant to be?

keirith

Unread post by keirith » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:54 pm

I think you have to interpret this in the broader sense. Because in the literal sense, then everything has already been decided and we are just actors going through the motions, our actions being of no real consequence. The script has already been written. That indeed is a depressing way to exist.
Personally, I cannot accept the 'meant to be' concept so literally, because the very fact of our being human, that separates us from animals, provides us with a free will to direct our future, be it by magic or other means.

But then sometimes no matter what we do, how hard we try, we are unable to achieve our desires. So we say things are 'meant to be' to soothe our spirit and make acceptance more palatable.
Yes, I am sure there are situations which go against 'nature', and our own personal attempts, whether by magic or other means are not strong enough to change the course of events. But there sure is a great deal of latitude to work with. We certainly have the power, the tools, the will and the intent....via a variety of methods, to pursue our goals and influence the outcome.
I like to think that using magic or specifically LM products in the context of this forum, is nothing more than choosing a tool to work with toward your goals.

Social1978

Unread post by Social1978 » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:35 pm

I really like your interpretation Ariella! That is a pretty name too! Anyway that makes sense to me. I actully gives me a sense of hope because your right... if our paths are already written then what's the point right? That would be a horrible way to live in my opinion.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:56 pm

If folks believe that only "what is meant to be" is all that will happen, they will sit back and wait for stuff to happen, but if folks believe that their thoughts, prayers, magical acts, and works of conjure can affect what will happen, they will undertake to do those things.

Either way, my beliefs won't matter to them, nor will their beliefs matter to me, and so a discussion on this topic cannot go anywhere except in circles.

Read this page for more answers to your question:

http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html

How do real magick spells actually work?
Do magick spells always work?
Are powerful magick spells guaranteed to work?
Is magick spell-casting worth trying if it is not guaranteed?
Are magick spells real or are the results just coincidence?
If magick spells are real, why doesn't everyone use them?
I'm a newbie: How difficult are magic spells to do?
Which magick spells are the strongest and most powerful?
If i cast too many magick spells will i get "spell overload"?
If i cast powerful spells incorrectly will they "backfire" on me?
How long shall i wait for magick spells to work?
Do you have to be a certain religion to practice real magick?
Why are hoodoo spells done with psalms or in jesus' name?
Where can i learn more about real powerful magick spells?
catherine yronwode

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Dear all LM experts, my question is that of an inquisitive nature.

I believe in the spells and the power they hold. I try to read about them on different blogs and through responses you all kindly share with everyone on here, to understand the bigger picture.

However, I have one thing that's needs clarification and I hope you all will kindly advice.

1) When we ask the experts and professionals or the spirits directly to help us in our respective case, do we get our selves in the situation where we have to pay for what we ask? I'm talking about the saying 'you give something to get something'.

2) So if we ask for love in life (new or old one to return), do we lose someone else's love in exchange?

3) How does that work?

4) I never want anything negative happening to anyone but I do want a certain female to leave a certain guy alone for me. Would that work if someone or thing goes away from me as well?

Just confused about this.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone and I thank and appreciate your responses :)

God Bless2)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:32 pm

If I am reading your post correctly, you are speaking on the subject of Ethics, what is right/wrong. In other words, 'what goes around comes around..." This is more of a Wicca religious paradigm and has little to do with traditional Hoodoo.

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:34 pm

No I'm trying to understand the general rule- does it work that way in spells too? I saw many movies such as craft, love potion, and this one I can't remember where they use magic but there's a price to pay.
Sorry if I'm not even on the right track of thoughts. As you can tell, I'm a lil confused and just wanted to understand how asking for help works :) thx

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:42 pm

I am not quite sure i understand the questions either, but i will try to address them one by one:

1) If you ask for help at this forum, from our experts, it is free. No payment is requested or required. If you hire a professional reader or rootworker, you will be expected to pay a monetary fee, which is stated in advance. If you apply to a spirit for help, you may be expectd to pay or not, depending upon the traditional beliefs and customs associated with that spirit. For instance, if you want to work with graveyard dirt, you pay for it with coins. (We buy it that way too, and package and resell it for those who wish the convenience of buying it from us -- but we do pay for it at the graveyard.) Some spirits request and require no payment; others do.

2) No. There are two kinds of spells, spells of increase and spells of combat or competition. To ask for new love is a spell of increase, and as such it is simiar, spiritually speaking, to praying for rain. God does not send a drought to make up for the rain later. Praying for new love will not cause you to lose someone else's love -- unless you are cheating and get caught, of course -- but that's a whole nother matter!

3) Spells of increase work by petitioning for bounty and goodness. Spells of combat consist of desiring and working for the downfall, suffering, or restriction of another person.

4) If you "never want anything negative happening to anyone" then just stick to spells of increase and do not ever perform spells of combat. However, you say that you "want a certain female to leave a certain guy alone for me" -- and that, my friend, is a spell of combat -- you versus your target's other lover, and maybe even you versus your taget if the target loves his current lover deeply -- unless the other is ready to leave the target already and would have done so anyway, and the target doesn't care for the lover much either -- in which case performing a spell to attract the target is a spell of increase, and no one will be hurt.

I hope that helped explain the issues to you.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:58 pm

Thanks Miss Cat. You explained it so well, it's all clear now. Now one last question-

For the spells of combat, is there a price to pay? And when I ask you that I mean, obviously paying the expert to have it done but yet still have some something close to you go far too?

I'm so intrigued by this.

By the way, Miss Cat, I know you have written books before but the way you clarify things, you're a natural. I hope you write more books to help others

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:01 pm

Price to pay has been answered by cat...but if you are referring to what I previously mentioned...re read...maybe I am on the wrong track.

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:45 am

When practicing Hoodoo. it's about justification. When doing combat work, ask yourself this...." Can I justify what I am about to do.." It still has nothing to do with Karm or what goes around comes around..
Hope this is helpful..:)
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:16 pm

Thanks guys :) its clear now

StelliumSag

Unread post by StelliumSag » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I was just curious about how the nature of Fate plays into magickal workings.
I read a post on the LM boards that really intrigued me. They were responding to another's spell queries and said something to the effect of "By all means give it a try but also know that if the Universe doesn't want it to happen, no magic you do can bring it to fruition."

I though this was a really interesting assertion as I had had a candle done for me around last January. I petitioned for something outrageously big-and about 3 months later, I got it! An almost IDENTICLE scenario to what I asked for. Now, I'm new to all of this, and I recognize that cultivating a strong sense of belief is important to one's practice but I'll admit-sometimes I have my doubts. Mostly about my own abilities. As a result, the work I've done tends to be a bit hit-and-miss.

So my question is-can I really take credit for bringing this amazing thing into my life with just wishing, belief and a single candle?

Or do did this one come so easy because it's simply *fated* to happen and candle was just the tipping point for something the universe already desires for me?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:36 am

can I really take credit for bringing this amazing thing into my life with just wishing, belief and a single candle?
No, you can't really take credit, because the Divine brought that into your life as a response to your request. ;) Let it bolster your confidence in your ability to ask and receive from the Divine, and encourage you to take a proactive spiritual role in co-creating your life more often, but don't let it inflate your ego! We cannot do anything without God backing us up (whether you realize s/he is or not).
Or do did this one come so easy because it's simply *fated* to happen and candle was just the tipping point for something the universe already desires for me?
You may be particularly gifted for the work - meaning you are able to pray effectively and move energy around in a way that is easily responded to and manifested by the spirits and the Divine. You may have spirits around you that respond very readily to your requests for aid. There are a million different reasons why it may have happened so very quickly for you in this case, but not as quickly with others. It's like that for all of us - sometimes it takes hard and long work to get some movement, and other times we barely think about working for something and it manifests. Each situation is different with unqiue challenges - so there's really no way to speculate why you had such great results that one time, and others are not-so-much. As we said, "sometimes God just says no".

However, this forum is for the discussion of Lucky Mojo products, and is not a general hoodoo discussion board, and especially not a general magic discussion board. So this topic is off-topic for this particular forum. There are lots of other discussion groups on the internet where you can get into some great conversations about general theory-and-practice, but the LM Product Forum is not one of them.

If you have any questions specific to LM products or services, please let us know!

simplydevine

Unread post by simplydevine » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:49 am

Hi all,

Okay, I've been using LM oils for about a month now, and the bath crystals in the laundry once, hotfoot powder in my bosses office.... but, I don’t' know. They don't seem to be getting a reaction out of anyone. And when I say anyone, I mean my husband, my coworkers, etc.

Well, one coworker said that the 'smell' is bothering his allergies. Not the effect I was going for. Now I KNOW these products works, and I read about all of the great results that others are getting from using them, so I'm wondering where am I going wrong here?

I'm thinking I may need to try a cleansing bath. Could someone please recommend which one I should try?

Also, I have to say it, I'm an African American girl, and I CANNOT get my hair wet (just take me at my word for it). I won't be able to do any baths that calls for me to pour water over my head.

Please help cause I want to get these products working for me as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance!

~Nique

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:09 am

Hi Nique,

Have you worked successfully for yourself in the past, and just now you're having problems? Or is this your first time working and you're having problems getting results?

No matter what the answer, I would say that it's time to get a reading and consultation on the matter - to see what's blocking you, to see what approach will be most effective, and to see if you're able to work this case for yourself or not. They can also talk through your method of deployment to see if the problem may lie in your technique, or not.

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

nena1974

Unread post by nena1974 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:28 am

You should get a reading on it. Also, are you stating your intent or just putting the oil on stuff?
As for the baths, I also cant get my hair wet, lol. But i pour it over my face, praying, stating my intent. Also try some cleansing.

simplydevine

Unread post by simplydevine » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:50 am

Hi Devi Spring!

Now how did I know that one response I would get, would be to get a reading? LOL! I must have ESP! LOL!

Anyway, yes, I've had great success in the past, but with other techniques. And I've only used a few, such as honey jars (works very well), once I did a spell where a coworker was causing serious issues with my job, and I did a petition paper, burned it and sprinkled the ashes in her office; she left me alone real quick after that. Ummm, freezer jar spells, which worked well, 4 thieves vinegar (which I tossed into a body of water), that worked well, dream spells, once I did a break-up spell on three frenemies that back stabbed me, a removal of negativity towards me from someone with an egg (although that was in 2001, and I only remembered that it worked really well. Can't actually remember the specifics of the spell).

I think that's pretty much the gist of it. So I've had success with other spells/techniques, but this is my first time trying tricks with oils, powders and bath crystals.

Oh wait! Once I did a bath where I visualized my dream job, and I pretty much got what I asked for. That was in 1995, and if I could do it over again, my request would have been more specific. 20-20 is hindsight (I think that's the saying). LOL!

simplydevine

Unread post by simplydevine » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:58 am

Hi Nena1974,

>>>stating your intent or just putting the oil on stuff? <<<
I state my intent, as I am applying the oils.

>>I also cant get my hair wet, lol<<<
Yeah, bummer. LOL!

>>But i pour it over my face, praying, stating my intent. <<<
How does that work for you? Have you still been able to receive the results you were trying to achieve?

>>Also try some cleansing.<<<
Any suggestions on which products? Is there any one in particular that you felt worked best for you?

I want to try cleansing before getting another reading.... trying to be a bit frugal here. If after I do a cleansing, and I don't see any progress, then yes, I will most definitely be getting a reading on this situation. It is frustrating to say the least.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:10 am

Try 13-Herb Bath as it is a good strong cleansing that really hits every angle that one could be crossed up from. I would do a series of at least 3 days, if not 7.
Also give you house a good cleansing with Chinese Wash.

simplydevine

Unread post by simplydevine » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:29 am

Hi Devi Spring,

Okay, I am ordering the 13HB and the Chinese Wash now.

<<<empty this packet into a pot of boiling water>>>

Question:
What size pot should I use for the 13HB? I don't want to over dilute the herbs.

Thank you!

simplydevine

Unread post by simplydevine » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:32 am

Another question:

When you use the bath crystals, are you supposed to dissolve them in a pot of boiling water first, then add them to your bath water?

So far, I've only used them for laundry and to make a homemade spray.

~Nique

simplydevine

Unread post by simplydevine » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:47 am

Aghhh! It never fails. I cannot, it is absolutely impossible for me to stay disciplined and only order one or two things from LM...

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:16 am

YOu don't have to get your hair wet for baths. You can pour from neck down to get what you desire.

If you've had some success in the past, but are having trouble now try to revist what you've done in the past to get success and check it against now. Are you as focused as you were then? Do you feel as strongly justified as you did then? Were was your confidence at in the past?

All these things can contribute to blocks in your power and confidence. Take a nice cleansing bath. Take some time to really examine your current works and approach them again with a new sense of confidence.

Power products and Mastery Key products can really help bolster your abilities. I'd recommend taking a look at them.

Good luck.

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”