• Advertisement
Association of Independent Readers & Rootworkers

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:46 pm

Tobacco (Cigarettes, Snuff, Cigars) Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.

Re: Tobacco (Cigarettes, Snuff, Cigars): Questions and Answers

Unread postby flamethrower » Tue May 18, 2010 1:54 pm

maverick96 wrote:For the trick w/the cell phone, can the tobacco be chewing tobacco or should I buy a cigar & open it up to get it out? Also, I've never heard of this trick before. Would you be so kind as to lay out how this trick is done or provide a link? It would be greatly appreciated :) I'm home right now & have limited spiritual supplies on hand (alot on order from LM) & this trick sounds like a fairly easy one to do for now. Thanks!!!

I sound like a broken record :), but this is the Lucky Mojo forum...I highly recommend their black tobacco since it is a straight herb and nothing has been added to it, unlike store-bought cigarettes or cigars.

http://www.herb-magic.com/tobacco.html
flamethrower

Unread postby maverick96 » Tue May 18, 2010 4:07 pm

flamethrower wrote:
I sound like a broken record :), but this is the Lucky Mojo forum...I highly recommend their black tobacco since it is a straight herb and nothing has been added to it, unlike store-bought cigarettes or cigars.

Thanks for your suggestion flamethrower & I truly would prefer to use LM's tobacco but I need to know what to use right now, in a pinch. I do recognize that this is a LM forum & I know that there are people who try to take advantage of the fact that this is a free forum & use it to get free advice, even if they're not a LM customer, but that's not the case here. In fact, unless LM doesn't carry it, I get ALL my spiritual supplies from LM.

Would someone please tell me how the trick that conjureman & stars described is done? I do plan to place another order soon & have a red skull candle & quite a few herbs on their way from LM now but I also need the directions for the mailbox/phone trick conjureman & stars were talking about.

Thanks to all :)
maverick96

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Tue May 18, 2010 5:18 pm

If you are talking about sprinkling the Tobacco on your phone or mailbox it's literally just that. You sprinkle the Tobacco while calling out to that person and telling them to contact you or praying your intent. Some people first burn a brown candle rolled in Tobacco then follow up by sprinkling. There are many many ways of using the Tobacco for spiritual contact and these are just a few of them.

I personally use a cigar to blow smoke on skull candles, but for everything else I use LM's Black Tobacco. I don't know where they get it from or if they grow it themselves, but it is extremely high quality. Just the smoke that it emitts when burning is of high quality. Its strong, pungent, and evocative. Get it from LM, it'll be worth it.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Dxyz2010 » Wed May 19, 2010 5:49 pm

is it works on the target if target does not like smoking?
n how to write petition for this tobacco trick? is there any rules for writing petition for this or just sprinkle tobacco on cell phone or photo of that person??
n what abt the flame of cigar to use on photo? while doing that what to say n how to hold photo ,upside down?
n what kind of cigar we can use??
Dxyz2010

Unread postby NotDorianGray » Thu May 20, 2010 4:57 am

It's not about whether or not the target likes smoking. It is about the power and property of thew herb, in this case tobacco's quality of aiding in spiritual communication.

There aren't any hard and fast rules about writing a petition. Just do it. You could write ont he back of the photo, on paper to place under a brown candle dressed with tobacco, on paper to tape inside your letterbox/to your phone... Whatever.

Don't put the cigar anywhere near the photo! The idea is to blow the smoke onto the photo. And there's no hard and fast way to do that and nothing in particular you have to say. You can make it as elaborate as a poem with swishy movements of the photo through the smoke, or you can just hold it there and say "CALL ME NOW!" Whatever works for you.

A good rule of thumb is to use the best quality ingedients you can afford. So buy the best cigar you can afford.
NotDorianGray

Unread postby Dxyz2010 » Thu May 20, 2010 9:09 am

thanks for reply NotDorianGray,

i bought a cigar , dont know which one is best as i dont smoke n i did petition on paper then put some tobacco on it and rolled it and tap behind my cell phone n also i sprinkled some tobacco on cell phone with praying her to call me,

so would that be fine? or do i need to do anything extra?
Dxyz2010

The Use of Tobacco in Mojo

Unread postby Shadow.Mandrake » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Can tobacco be used in a mojo?

I want to make a mojo dedicated to San Simon. Would tabacco be an appropriate choice?

Thanks,
S.M.
Shadow.Mandrake

Re: The Use of Tobacco in Mojo

Unread postby MaryBee » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:31 am

Hi Shadow:

According to Lucky Mojo's page on San Simon, which is right here: http://www.luckymojo.com/maximon.html, this saint is offered tobacco during his feast days, so that would be an appropriate item to put in a mojo bag dedicated to him. In general Hoodoo, tobacco is used as an offering to the dead and used to control and dominate people.

Good luck,
waterborn
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.
MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:45 am

I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 am

LM Information Squad strikes again! Thank you for posting those links...

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599
Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Shadow.Mandrake » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:36 am

I figured LM would have tobacco products but I couldn't find them. The oil sounds great to have but since you mention it's for dominating, would it be appropriate to use it to make and dedicate my own oil to him?

When this oil is used for dominating others, would you put it on yourself or on the person you want to dominate. I know some oils, like essence of bend over you can wear it yourself or you can put it on the person. I'd imagine that this one works the same but I rather ask than to end up making a mistake.

Thank you for posting that. I'm already making a list of items I want from LM. :P
Shadow.Mandrake

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:37 am

Shadow.Mandrake wrote:I figured LM would have tobacco products but I couldn't find them. The oil sounds great to have but since you mention it's for dominating, would it be appropriate to use it to make and dedicate my own oil to him?

You could, I suppose, but luckymojo makes and sells a perfume dedicated to San Simon here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatperfumes.html which would be perfect for this.
They also sell a charm vile from Guatemala that is also dedicated to him and would make a very nice altar piece if you are going to work with him. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html#guatemala
God bless you Dr Jose Gregorio Hernandez.
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby Shadow.Mandrake » Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:09 am

Thank you everyone for your information. Yes, actually I bought the oil a while back and I absolutely love it! I hope to get more because I'll go through this one pretty fast.

As for the vials, they are also a perfect addition to an Hermano Simon altar and thank you for showing me the link you posted HailDiscordia, I thought these weren't sold since I called and I was told that the San Simon Sachet was just an information page. I figured it was the same for these but now that I know that these are available for purchase I'll be placing an order soon for all of these awesome items ^_^.

Blessings and thanks to all who have contributed,
S.M.
Shadow.Mandrake

Unread postby KhonsuMes » Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Shadow.Mandrake:
The LM San Simon Esencia perfume/cologne is excellent, I am glad you like it too! I wear it to work a lot.
Seems to help to make a little prayer to him and sniff before those tough customer calls..

He is offered cigarettes and cigars (liquor too) and many Guatemalan San Simon statues and masks are discolored or fire damaged from the lit tobacco placed in their mouths.
So you are on super solid ground to use tobacco in the mojo.

Another traditional offering is black copal, which LM also sells:
http://www.herb-magic.com/copal-negro.html
KhonsuMes

Tobacco

Unread postby Miss_Liz » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:43 pm

I've been reading about blowing tobacco at a picture or skull candle to get someone to hear your message more clearly. I have pipe tobacco and cigarettes, which would be the better one to use, also, should I add it to things like the box his dolly is in/the honey jar/in the herb mix for the candles?
Miss_Liz

Re: Tobacco

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:24 am

I use cigars, but if you would like to use pipe tobacco or cigarettes that is up to you. I personally use it like an incense, and use it to blow in the faces of pictures as you stated.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Re: Tobacco

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:18 pm

See

and order

HER-TOB-LEAF
Tobacco, Black Candle
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Tobacco Questions and Answers

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:59 am

Hello everyone! Its only fair for all if i let everyone in on a little of the secrets of my ancestors,I have been learnin alot about hoodoo and well I have to say that I am very excited to be here. Well first thing first..... When we ask our "Grandfather" for any request for any situation,we first sage ourselves to rid of negativity, then with the opposite of our writing hand we grab tobacco and hold it while praying, if we do not use our native tounge we apologize first for not speakin our native tounge, then proceed to ask for what we need, be careful though,if it is not a good thing ,you or your family could become very sick if it is negative or selfish. when done praying tell "grandfather" thank you and place the tobacco at the base of a tree on the east side. This is very powerfull so caution is needed.
Thank you Saint Expedite for everything you have done for me and continue to do for all.
wlightninglady1

Re: A little native american secret

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:52 am

I have another one, it is for when there is bad weather or bad weather coming,.....if you put a cigarret with your opposite of your writing hand under a tree during or before bad weather while praying for protection......usually for me it either clears,passes over,or not as severe as was supposed to be at least within an hour, usually the offering for protection will last a few days.
Thank you Saint Expedite for everything you have done for me and continue to do for all.
wlightninglady1

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Interesting. The first one actually seems kinda odd for a Native American trick, every Native I know and every piece of scholarly work I have ever seen all point out that from a Native point of view the dead and the ancestors are Taboo, spirits not to be approached or in any way dealt with. This is all assuming that this "Grandfather" is an ancestral spirit, so its unusual and very interesting to see a trick like this presented as Native. Thanks for sharing :)
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Oh really? thats interesting to me too. I am an Ojiibwe native american from minnesota and our people always talk with spirits not to mention the elusive bigfoot everyone talks about,but only medicine men talk to them of course only they are not a animal or species they are spirit, ever wonder why people can only find a couple of bigfoot prints? To us they are guardians for they have never hurt a native american. Not only do we talk with spirits and ancestors,we put offerings of food out every so often to appease them,but we were taught to never taste the food while cooking or after and there spirit dish is the first one made before everyone else.Also medicine men can talk to any kind of animal they come across. The more experienced of course. Ill let ya know right now native americans will not tell you their secrets,i have only let ya in on 2 of the least we do. maybe i might just share a little more only because i feel maybe people will actually understand our way of life and living. Come to our reservations in minnesota and i guarantee most natives will tell you a story of spirits they once knew or have had contact with.Just about every house in RedLake,MN and Cass Lake,mn has spirits in them and in the woods. Now theres a place paranormal investigators would love. No most natives will not let you know what they know due to criticism and disbelief. But thanks for sharing your opinion I respect that.
wlightninglady1

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Oh and yes one more thing, If the natives you know think ancestors and spirits are taboo,then why use sage at all? Spirits hate the stink of it and removes them only temporarily from a house.Our ancestors are the ones who come to help when help is needed that is why there is sundances and pow-wows it is not only celebration it is a calling of the ancestors and spirits,when spirits are around the eagles come, ahhh and we have many here.
wlightninglady1

Unread postby Turnsteel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Fascinating. Perhaps it is regional then, I'm the east coast, different tribes different spirituality I suppose. Again i want to thank you for sharing these wonderful tricks :) And, if by chance, I came off in any way disrespectful or rude at all,you have my deepest apologize, I'm not great at expressing myself with text and I know that sometimes I come off as a bit rude or blunt, that's not at all my intent :)
Thank you Saint Expedite
Turnsteel

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:15 pm

Turnsteel wrote:Fascinating. Perhaps it is regional then, I'm the east coast, different tribes different spirituality I suppose. Again i want to thank you for sharing these wonderful tricks :) And, if by chance, I came off in any way disrespectful or rude at all,you have my deepest apologize, I'm not great at expressing myself with text and I know that sometimes I come off as a bit rude or blunt, that's not at all my intent :)

No disrespect but i do value opinions.not all natives have the same culture and it is very cool to hear about others . I think we both have a lot to learn huh? LOL.
wlightninglady1

Unread postby Transformer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:01 am

I just wanted to say thank you for all this tobacco talk. My ex and I had a huge fight a few weeks ago and haven't spoken since. So I tried a couple of the tricks talked about here and my ex contacted me the very next day! So thank you for all these suggestions.
Transformer

Re: Make Someone Think of You

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:28 am

Tobacco is one of my favorite things when it comes to contact work. Never lets me down. Glad to see it worked for you.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Transformer » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:40 am

I've been reading about tobacco on this forum for a long time. I never used it, though. Know what finally pushed me over the edge to use it? You wrote those exact words on your blog - Never lets me down. I decided it wasn't going to let me down either and it was in that mind frame that I approached it. The power of positive thinking.
Transformer

Unread postby Moxy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks for sharing these wlightninglady1 !
Thank you St. Martha!
Moxy

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:06 pm

Okay now when there is spirits in your house,use sage starting from the door clockwise around the house every corner closet behind door any crack of window or door get the smoke in there,pray while doing this till you end up at the door again , if spirits continue to bother or come back place little mint candies on a small plate (open) with a little tobbacco in the 4 corners (top corners) to appease. Works!
wlightninglady1

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:16 am

If you accidentally drop a cigarrette on the floor or ground, make sure to pick it up with opposite of writing hand and put it out on east side of tree, if you dont you may have bad luck, spirits like tobbacco and when one drops on the floor or ground they are asking for you to put some out for them, also if drinkin a little hard liquor for celebrations, always put a cap of the liquor outside on the ground,so that your loved ones can get a drink,it also calls them to protect you during this time. make sure it is the first of the liquor put out of the bottle,proceed to give every adult there a sip, even if they dont drink.This will bring all your loved ones in for the celebration.
wlightninglady1

Tobacco (Cigarettes, Snuff, Cigars) Questions and Answers

Unread postby pbgnewgirl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm

wlightninglady1 wrote:Hello everyone! Its only fair for all if i let everyone in on a little of the secrets of my ancestors,I have been learnin alot about hoodoo and well I have to say that I am very excited to be here. Well first thing first..... When we ask our "Grandfather" for any request for any situation,we first sage ourselves to rid of negativity, then with the opposite of our writing hand we grab tobacco and hold it while praying, if we do not use our native tounge we apologize first for not speakin our native tounge, then proceed to ask for what we need, be careful though,if it is not a good thing ,you or your family could become very sick if it is negative or selfish. when done praying tell "grandfather" thank you and place the tobacco at the base of a tree on the east side. This is very powerfull so caution is needed.

this is totally cool. I have a lot of respect for native peoples and their history, and absolutely love what you have shared here. I dont consider the native way of life to be a religion but more a spirituality. This is very fascinating. I am assuming this knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation. The fact that you so much believe in what you are sharing here with us, lets me know, this stuff is real. I certainly do appreaciate the advice, because I have been in (gone through) some tough times, and wished so much that I had some way of making a "wish" to the earth. We are all connected, and I know there is knowledge out there to get certain requests granted. I would much appreciate more info on this if you dont mind sharing. Feel free to send me a private message. I follow astrology, and am a spiritual person. I will reread the information here, and be sure to put in "a request"....Thanks again.
Put love first.
pbgnewgirl

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:48 pm

If given an eagle feather as a gift,make sure to take care of it by saging and a blessing of a good luck prayer over it. Sage the feather and lightly stroke the feather to clean it once monthly. If the edges of the feather are seperating it means it is becoming sick and needs either more prayer or give it back to nature by leaving it in the trees with an offering of tabacco and a thank you prayer.
wlightninglady1

Unread postby ndnvet65 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:38 am

also on the eagle feather....never allow a woman to touch it while she is menstating ..make a ceader box an protect it it will protect you ....................(i am oglala lakota -pine ridge s.d.)
ndnvet65

Unread postby Miss Ida Lundin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 am

Thank you for sharing all of these native american tricks wlightninglady1!
Miss Ida Lundin

Unread postby wlightninglady1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 am

ndnvet65 wrote:also on the eagle feather....never allow a woman to touch it while she is menstating ..make a ceader box an protect it it will protect you ....................(i am oglala lakota -pine ridge s.d.)

Yes you are right,they also say to never let a woman who is menstrating to never cook any ceremonial dishes either! Thanks for the reminder of that!
wlightninglady1

Tobacco in love work

Unread postby missps2010 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi friends! I had a quick question I need your input on-

I have read several posts on how tobacco is great in spell work. I also read about some tricks with tobacco to make someone contact you. My question is, can I use tobacco in a love work?
I was thinking I could sprinkle lucky mojo tobacco in molten wax and roll a red candle, already having lucky mojo attractive oil on it, towards me and saying my petition out loud. Then light the candle and let it burn completely while I sit and imagine what I want with positive thoughts. While this is done, I'd write the same petition on the back of our pic and put it in honey jar.

Does this seem ok? 

Thanks very much! I'll highly appreciate your expert input :)
missps2010

Re: Tobacco in love work

Unread postby jwmcclin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Tobacco is used as a method of contact in spellwork, is that your intent to get contact?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread postby Transformer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi, also, if you're trying to make contact and want to work with tobacco, then I believe you're supposed to use a brown candle.

Tobacco is definitely used for contact but I've also read that tobacco can be used to enhance controlling work. I don't believe it's used for attraction type work.

If you just want to do attraction work, then there a number of other herbs to help you attract your target such as damiana, lovage, cherry bark, juniper berry, cardamon. Plus there is a whole host of love herbs.

Here is the link to herb magic. Page through and take a look. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html
Here is the link where they are all organized by purpose: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

good luck
Transformer

Unread postby Transformer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:29 pm

missps2010, my pleasure!

Olorun91, here is the link to the Sainta Martha thread: working-with-saint-martha-the-dominator-t5462s30.html

Look for the post by starsinthesky7 on the 2nd page. It has the novena. You can't miss it.

good luck.
Transformer

Unread postby BrightCandle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Ok so last night (Monday) I took his picture but it was not upside down and blew the smoke from a cigar. I kept repeating to call me etc until 1/3 of the cigar was left and then I put it out. Then I taped the picture upside down about my head and the remaining of the cigar taped behind my phone.

This morning I had to take the picture down, so I took the picture and the remainder of the cigar and place it between my mattress only place where I can "hide" it.

No call today, no signs of life. I will try again tomorrow.

I bought another cigar, and I have Love Me incense. Any other suggestions?

I just want him to think of me until the Cut and Clear spell takes effect on me.
BrightCandle

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Tobacco is a powerful spiritual herb and is used in a variety of conjures from court case work, to contact work, and controlling work. In certain traditions it is given as offering to spirits and its smoke is used to draw certain spirits. However, it isn't a love herb, nor an attraction herb.

If you seek to induce your love target to call then the addition of Tobacco is great, if you wish to have some control over your love target then Tobacco is great, but if you are looking to draw someone to you then you are better off going with Cinammon, or a similar "attracting" herb.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:51 pm

BrightCandle,

So you are doing a Cut and Clear to remove your feelings from him, BUT you want him to call you and you are using Tobacco and Love Me incense?

Well to be honest, I feel like you are working against yourself when it comes to the Cut and Clear spell.

It's like you are holding on while trying to cut yourself off at the same time. What do you want from this situation? Because you may be working against yourself.

As for the tobacco work you are doing, things take time, and if it's a horrible situation, or situation that ended with quite a bit of conflict,then it may take more than just this step for getting him to contacting you.

I would make sure that you get a reading to see if this work is going to get him to contact you, and what steps will be the most successful.

http://www.readersandrootworkers.com
is where the AIRR readers are.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Give your spell time to manifest. The Tobacco conjure can yield pretty fast results, but this is contingent upon the situation itself, what blocks are in the way, how much your target resists the urge to call you and so on and so forth.

You also want to consider your intentions here. A cut and clear while trying contact conjures seems somewhat at odds with one another.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby missps2010 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 am

Aha!! Thankyou. See I did not know but then that's why I am here :).

I think I know exactly what to do.

Thanks again and God bless
missps2010

Unread postby missps2010 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 am

Yah I can do contact as well but I was under thr wrong impression that tobacco could be used for anything. :) in my head I thought I had a nice love spell with lm products..

jwmcclin wrote:Tobacco is used as a method of contact in spellwork, is that your intent to get contact?
missps2010

Unread postby missps2010 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 am

Thanks baby. I didn't know this and I thought I had a great spell in my head for love :) but I'll just substitute tobacco with love herbs and work it. Will keep you posted.
Thanks again and God bless :)
missps2010

Unread postby BrightCandle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm

I already had a reading about two weeks ago, which makes me question things because events happen that should have never happened, not with me but with him.

Also my cut and clear kit has yet to arrive so in the meantime this is why I am using the incense and tobacco. I just want him to think of me as much as I think of him.

Once the kit arrives I will no longer continue to perform this ritual as yes it is very contradictory. Believe me I have tried to keep myself occupied but I still think of him and I just to make sure I'm in his thoughts as well. Well knowing how stubborn he is, he may never call but if I don't try this and I am not positive about it then I will always have the "what if" feeling. If I am succesful, then I can move on.

I am such a complicated being. I apologize.
BrightCandle

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:43 am

I think that you need to let this situation go. I think you are not trying to let this situation go, and are just working on something that is pointless until the clear and cut kit arrives. You are using your energy, time, and money against a stubborn and resistant person not to mention a situation that may not yield anything. So I would highly advise to save yourself some frustration, and simply stop working on it.

Until your cut and clear kit arrives, you should start the healing and letting go process.

Here is more information on AIRR readings: Conjureman Ali Miss Bri, and Miss Cat all offer 10 minute readings.
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ureMan_Ali
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... e=Miss_Bri
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... e_Yronwode
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Cigar Smoke in Conjure

Unread postby BellaMars » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:19 am

I hope its ok to ask this question here. I am sure someone will have a solution for this!

I live in a smoke free home with small children and the work I am currently doing requires using tobacco smoke. How can I remove the strong smell throughout the house??

I have the windows open a good portion of the day, I use Lysol Neutra Air. I have tried to cover it up with incense but its still very noticeable. I dont smoke and my home usually smells like glade plugins :D so if anyone comes over they will definitely think something is wrong or suspicious.

Is there any product or spray or method to get rid of this smell? I keep the door closed to the room I have the altar in but it still seeps throughout the house.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●
BellaMars

Re: Cigar Smoke in Conjure

Unread postby starsinthesky7 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 am

Personally, I close the vents so that it cannot go throughout the house. Once I am done completely my work and have put the candle out, I will open the window and let some air get in. You can use frebreeze air as well. I think thats how you spell it.
starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BellaMars » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:12 am

This is an old house there are no vents. This room is is the only room with a door (besides the bathroom) on the main floor the rest of the floor is all open with half walls separating areas. I keep the window closed during the work and then keep it open for most of the day (depending how cold it is outside).

I am going to try the febreeze and try some aromatic oils. Thanks for the suggesion stars.
BellaMars

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Tobacco, which entered Southern hoodoo through contact with Native Americans, especially the Cherokee tribe, has a place in hoodoo, especially in Court Case work and in work to contact those who are distant or absent, or when working as a medium with an Indian Spirit Guide. However, there is no specification that a "cigar" must be used in conjure -- just "tobacco" -- and very often this takes the form of a cigarette or powdered snuff (e.g. Garrett's snuff, as shown), not a cigar.

To require the use of a cigar *is* common in Cuban religions of the various African Diasporic branches, e.g. Lukumi, Santeria, Voodoo, and Palo) and their magical derivations -- but those are not hoodoo.

If you have learned the trick you are practicing (which you do not bother to describe here) from a hoodoo practitioner, and you are told that a cigar is required, it is almost guaranteed that this teacher is also an initiate in Palo, Santeria, Voodoo, or the like. So perhaps you should ask your teacher, or a worker who comes from one of those traditions, how they deal with cigars. Because we rarely require a cigar in our work.

If the use of a cigar in your spell turns out to be part of a hoodoo contact spell, you may substitute any other form of tobacco: snuff, cigarette tobacco, Tobacco Oil, Tobacco Incense, Black Candle Tobacco, etc.

If the use of a cigar in your spell turns out to be part of a religio-magical offering to an African diasporic deity (orisha, lwa, mpungo) in an African diasporic religion, but that religion is not one in which you are initiated (and this seems to be the case, else you would not have asked us about it), then you might alternatively consider turning to a spell from a different religious tradition, in which you can live tobacco-free because cigars are not considered to be standard offerings. In short, why not try straight old-style Southern American hoodoo?

Next, i note that you say your house smells "like Glade plug-ins." What a shame! You are totally losing and wasting the opportunity to scent your home with natural, magical, herb-based aromas. Why use synthetics in a petrochemical base when you can spritz Peace Water around the premises, or wash things down with Chinese Wash?

Give the natural aromas a chance.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby ConjureMan Ali » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 pm

You can find Tobacco to burn as incense or to use in your work here: http://www.herb-magic.com/tobacco.html

I have bought and used LM's Tobacco in my work and find it of great quality.
ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread postby BellaMars » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Cat I am waiting for my LM order so I can have the natural, magical, herb based aromas you speak of :)

I just found out today from Devi that the glade plug ins are NOT made of the essential oils I believed them to be. I used to use the aromatic diffusers but stopped after my first child bc I was worried with the candles but today I found out they have electric diffusers so I will be going back to the lavender, rosemary and lemon grass essential oils and LM oils I used to use.

The cigar smoke is being used as I work a hoodoo spell using a white skull candle and speak to the person it represents who is not present. I was directed to use tobacco smoke and I just assumed cigar! I am going to use the incense from now on. I wish I didnt just assume, I should have asked. Well I learn a little more each day. Thanks for clarifying!

ConjureMan thanks for the link!
BellaMars

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for the explanation, BellaMars. You can dress the skull candle with oil and dust it with snuff -- just as effective and a lot less smelly than cigar smoke!
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Unread postby theusurper » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 am

So, we can use "snuff" as incense?
theusurper

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 am

The Usurper,

We make a special Black Candle Tobacco incense; it is not as toxic as burning straight tobacco, but it does contain enough tobacco leaves and snuff to give you the spiritual results you want. Order

IPD-HOO-TOBA
Tobacco Infusion Incense Powder, Used in court case and spiritual contact work.
$4.00
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Re: Tobacco Questions and Answers

Unread postby DrXTheRebirth » Fri May 27, 2011 9:05 am

Could a Swisher Sweet be used as well?
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.
DrXTheRebirth

Hoodoo Pipes

Unread postby Ophelia » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:27 pm

I have a friend who is interested in purchasing a pipe to use in her Hoodoo work. She is concerned however, about becoming addicted to tobacco and would like to know if there is anything else she can burn in a Hoodoo pipe?

Thank you,
Ophelia
Ophelia

Re: Hoodoo Pipes

Unread postby catherineyronwode » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 pm

There's no such thing as a hoodoo pipe.

There is no need to smoke Tobacco as part of hoodoo practices.

Tobacco can be used as an incense, and is particularly popular among people who are of mixed Native American and African descent, but tell your friend that even Native American derived sacred or ritual Tobacco use is not central to hoodoo.

As for "anything else she can burn in a Hoodoo pipe" -- well, each herb has its own spiritual form of help to give. And since there is no such thing as a "hoodoo pipe" anyway, she would be better off studying the meanings and uses of the herbs and learning how to deploy them in a variety of ways -- and not trying to figure out ways to smoke new, more, and different herbs in a pipe.

HER-TOB-LEAF
Tobacco, Black Candle
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode
catherineyronwode
Site Owner

Next

• Advertisement
Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork