Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Tobacco (Cigarettes, Snuff, Cigars) Questions and Answers

Discussions about how to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
pbgnewgirl
Tobacco (Cigarettes, Snuff, Cigars) Questions and Answers

Unread post by pbgnewgirl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 pm

wlightninglady1

this is totally cool. I have a lot of respect for native peoples and their history, and absolutely love what you have shared here. I dont consider the native way of life to be a religion but more a spirituality. This is very fascinating. I am assuming this knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation. The fact that you so much believe in what you are sharing here with us, lets me know, this stuff is real. I certainly do appreaciate the advice, because I have been in (gone through) some tough times, and wished so much that I had some way of making a "wish" to the earth. We are all connected, and I know there is knowledge out there to get certain requests granted. I would much appreciate more info on this if you dont mind sharing. Feel free to send me a private message. I follow astrology, and am a spiritual person. I will reread the information here, and be sure to put in "a request"....Thanks again.
Put love first.

wlightninglady1

Re: A little native american secret

Unread post by wlightninglady1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:48 pm

If given an eagle feather as a gift,make sure to take care of it by saging and a blessing of a good luck prayer over it. Sage the feather and lightly stroke the feather to clean it once monthly. If the edges of the feather are seperating it means it is becoming sick and needs either more prayer or give it back to nature by leaving it in the trees with an offering of tabacco and a thank you prayer.
Thank you Saint Expedite for everything you have done for me and continue to do for all.

ndnvet65

Unread post by ndnvet65 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:38 am

also on the eagle feather....never allow a woman to touch it while she is menstating ..make a ceader box an protect it it will protect you ....................(i am oglala lakota -pine ridge s.d.)

Miss Ida Lundin

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:56 am

Thank you for sharing all of these native american tricks wlightninglady1!

wlightninglady1

Unread post by wlightninglady1 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 am

ndnvet65

Yes you are right,they also say to never let a woman who is menstrating to never cook any ceremonial dishes either! Thanks for the reminder of that!
Thank you Saint Expedite for everything you have done for me and continue to do for all.

missps2010

Tobacco in love work

Unread post by missps2010 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:28 pm

Hi friends! I had a quick question I need your input on-

I have read several posts on how tobacco is great in spell work. I also read about some tricks with tobacco to make someone contact you. My question is, can I use tobacco in a love work?
I was thinking I could sprinkle lucky mojo tobacco in molten wax and roll a red candle, already having lucky mojo attractive oil on it, towards me and saying my petition out loud. Then light the candle and let it burn completely while I sit and imagine what I want with positive thoughts. While this is done, I'd write the same petition on the back of our pic and put it in honey jar.

Does this seem ok? 

Thanks very much! I'll highly appreciate your expert input :)

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Tobacco in love work

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:05 pm

Tobacco is used as a method of contact in spellwork, is that your intent to get contact?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi, also, if you're trying to make contact and want to work with tobacco, then I believe you're supposed to use a brown candle.

Tobacco is definitely used for contact but I've also read that tobacco can be used to enhance controlling work. I don't believe it's used for attraction type work.

If you just want to do attraction work, then there a number of other herbs to help you attract your target such as damiana, lovage, cherry bark, juniper berry, cardamon. Plus there is a whole host of love herbs.

Here is the link to herb magic. Page through and take a look. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatherbs.html
Here is the link where they are all organized by purpose: http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglance.html

good luck

Transformer

Re: Make Someone Think of You

Unread post by Transformer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:29 pm

missps2010, my pleasure!

Olorun91, here is the link to the Sainta Martha thread: working-with-saint-martha-the-dominator-t5462s30.html

Look for the post by starsinthesky7 on the 2nd page. It has the novena. You can't miss it.

good luck.

BrightCandle

Unread post by BrightCandle » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Ok so last night (Monday) I took his picture but it was not upside down and blew the smoke from a cigar. I kept repeating to call me etc until 1/3 of the cigar was left and then I put it out. Then I taped the picture upside down about my head and the remaining of the cigar taped behind my phone.

This morning I had to take the picture down, so I took the picture and the remainder of the cigar and place it between my mattress only place where I can "hide" it.

No call today, no signs of life. I will try again tomorrow.

I bought another cigar, and I have Love Me incense. Any other suggestions?

I just want him to think of me until the Cut and Clear spell takes effect on me.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:44 pm

Tobacco is a powerful spiritual herb and is used in a variety of conjures from court case work, to contact work, and controlling work. In certain traditions it is given as offering to spirits and its smoke is used to draw certain spirits. However, it isn't a love herb, nor an attraction herb.

If you seek to induce your love target to call then the addition of Tobacco is great, if you wish to have some control over your love target then Tobacco is great, but if you are looking to draw someone to you then you are better off going with Cinammon, or a similar "attracting" herb.

HER-TOB-LEAF
Tobacco, Black Candle
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:51 pm

BrightCandle,

So you are doing a Cut and Clear to remove your feelings from him, BUT you want him to call you and you are using Tobacco and Love Me incense?

Well to be honest, I feel like you are working against yourself when it comes to the Cut and Clear spell.

It's like you are holding on while trying to cut yourself off at the same time. What do you want from this situation? Because you may be working against yourself.

As for the tobacco work you are doing, things take time, and if it's a horrible situation, or situation that ended with quite a bit of conflict,then it may take more than just this step for getting him to contacting you.

I would make sure that you get a reading to see if this work is going to get him to contact you, and what steps will be the most successful.

http://www.readersandrootworkers.com
is where the AIRR readers are.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Give your spell time to manifest. The Tobacco conjure can yield pretty fast results, but this is contingent upon the situation itself, what blocks are in the way, how much your target resists the urge to call you and so on and so forth.

You also want to consider your intentions here. A cut and clear while trying contact conjures seems somewhat at odds with one another.

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:00 am

Aha!! Thankyou. See I did not know but then that's why I am here :).

I think I know exactly what to do.

Thanks again and God bless

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:02 am

Yah I can do contact as well but I was under thr wrong impression that tobacco could be used for anything. :) in my head I thought I had a nice love spell with lm products..

missps2010

Unread post by missps2010 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:04 am

Thanks baby. I didn't know this and I thought I had a great spell in my head for love :) but I'll just substitute tobacco with love herbs and work it. Will keep you posted.
Thanks again and God bless :)

BrightCandle

Unread post by BrightCandle » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:40 pm

I already had a reading about two weeks ago, which makes me question things because events happen that should have never happened, not with me but with him.

Also my cut and clear kit has yet to arrive so in the meantime this is why I am using the incense and tobacco. I just want him to think of me as much as I think of him.

Once the kit arrives I will no longer continue to perform this ritual as yes it is very contradictory. Believe me I have tried to keep myself occupied but I still think of him and I just to make sure I'm in his thoughts as well. Well knowing how stubborn he is, he may never call but if I don't try this and I am not positive about it then I will always have the "what if" feeling. If I am succesful, then I can move on.

I am such a complicated being. I apologize.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:43 am

I think that you need to let this situation go. I think you are not trying to let this situation go, and are just working on something that is pointless until the clear and cut kit arrives. You are using your energy, time, and money against a stubborn and resistant person not to mention a situation that may not yield anything. So I would highly advise to save yourself some frustration, and simply stop working on it.

Until your cut and clear kit arrives, you should start the healing and letting go process.

Here is more information on AIRR readings: Conjureman Ali Miss Bri, and Miss Cat all offer 10 minute readings.
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... ureMan_Ali
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... e=Miss_Bri
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... e_Yronwode

BellaMars
Cigar Smoke in Conjure

Unread post by BellaMars » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:19 am

I hope its ok to ask this question here. I am sure someone will have a solution for this!

I live in a smoke free home with small children and the work I am currently doing requires using tobacco smoke. How can I remove the strong smell throughout the house??

I have the windows open a good portion of the day, I use Lysol Neutra Air. I have tried to cover it up with incense but its still very noticeable. I dont smoke and my home usually smells like glade plugins :D so if anyone comes over they will definitely think something is wrong or suspicious.

Is there any product or spray or method to get rid of this smell? I keep the door closed to the room I have the altar in but it still seeps throughout the house.
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Cigar Smoke in Conjure

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 am

Personally, I close the vents so that it cannot go throughout the house. Once I am done completely my work and have put the candle out, I will open the window and let some air get in. You can use frebreeze air as well. I think thats how you spell it.

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:12 am

This is an old house there are no vents. This room is is the only room with a door (besides the bathroom) on the main floor the rest of the floor is all open with half walls separating areas. I keep the window closed during the work and then keep it open for most of the day (depending how cold it is outside).

I am going to try the febreeze and try some aromatic oils. Thanks for the suggesion stars.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Tobacco, which entered Southern hoodoo through contact with Native Americans, especially the Cherokee tribe, has a place in hoodoo, especially in Court Case work and in work to contact those who are distant or absent, or when working as a medium with an Indian Spirit Guide. However, there is no specification that a "cigar" must be used in conjure -- just "tobacco" -- and very often this takes the form of a cigarette or powdered snuff (e.g. Garrett's snuff, as shown), not a cigar.

To require the use of a cigar *is* common in Cuban religions of the various African Diasporic branches, e.g. Lukumi, Santeria, Voodoo, and Palo) and their magical derivations -- but those are not hoodoo.

If you have learned the trick you are practicing (which you do not bother to describe here) from a hoodoo practitioner, and you are told that a cigar is required, it is almost guaranteed that this teacher is also an initiate in Palo, Santeria, Voodoo, or the like. So perhaps you should ask your teacher, or a worker who comes from one of those traditions, how they deal with cigars. Because we rarely require a cigar in our work.

If the use of a cigar in your spell turns out to be part of a hoodoo contact spell, you may substitute any other form of tobacco: snuff, cigarette tobacco, Tobacco Oil, Tobacco Incense, Black Candle Tobacco, etc.

If the use of a cigar in your spell turns out to be part of a religio-magical offering to an African diasporic deity (orisha, lwa, mpungo) in an African diasporic religion, but that religion is not one in which you are initiated (and this seems to be the case, else you would not have asked us about it), then you might alternatively consider turning to a spell from a different religious tradition, in which you can live tobacco-free because cigars are not considered to be standard offerings. In short, why not try straight old-style Southern American hoodoo?

Next, i note that you say your house smells "like Glade plug-ins." What a shame! You are totally losing and wasting the opportunity to scent your home with natural, magical, herb-based aromas. Why use synthetics in a petrochemical base when you can spritz Peace Water around the premises, or wash things down with Chinese Wash?

Give the natural aromas a chance.
catherine yronwode

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator
Re: Tobacco (Cigarettes, Snuff, Cigars): Questions and Answers

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:06 pm

You can find Tobacco to burn as incense or to use in your work here: http://www.herb-magic.com/tobacco.html

I have bought and used LM's Tobacco in my work and find it of great quality.

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:15 pm

Cat I am waiting for my LM order so I can have the natural, magical, herb based aromas you speak of :)

I just found out today from Devi that the glade plug ins are NOT made of the essential oils I believed them to be. I used to use the aromatic diffusers but stopped after my first child bc I was worried with the candles but today I found out they have electric diffusers so I will be going back to the lavender, rosemary and lemon grass essential oils and LM oils I used to use.

The cigar smoke is being used as I work a hoodoo spell using a white skull candle and speak to the person it represents who is not present. I was directed to use tobacco smoke and I just assumed cigar! I am going to use the incense from now on. I wish I didnt just assume, I should have asked. Well I learn a little more each day. Thanks for clarifying!

ConjureMan thanks for the link!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:14 pm

Thanks for the explanation, BellaMars. You can dress the skull candle with oil and dust it with snuff -- just as effective and a lot less smelly than cigar smoke!
catherine yronwode

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:48 am

So, we can use "snuff" as incense?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:20 am

The Usurper,

We make a special Black Candle Tobacco incense; it is not as toxic as burning straight tobacco, but it does contain enough tobacco leaves and snuff to give you the spiritual results you want. Order

IPD-HOO-TOBA
Tobacco Infusion Incense Powder, Used in court case and spiritual contact work.
$4.00
catherine yronwode

DrXTheRebirth
Re: Tobacco Questions and Answers

Unread post by DrXTheRebirth » Fri May 27, 2011 9:05 am

Could a Swisher Sweet be used as well?
Thank you St. Anthony, Ancestors and Expedite.

Ophelia
Hoodoo Pipes

Unread post by Ophelia » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:27 pm

I have a friend who is interested in purchasing a pipe to use in her Hoodoo work. She is concerned however, about becoming addicted to tobacco and would like to know if there is anything else she can burn in a Hoodoo pipe?

Thank you,
Ophelia

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Hoodoo Pipes

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:19 pm

There's no such thing as a hoodoo pipe.

There is no need to smoke Tobacco as part of hoodoo practices.

Tobacco can be used as an incense, and is particularly popular among people who are of mixed Native American and African descent, but tell your friend that even Native American derived sacred or ritual Tobacco use is not central to hoodoo.

As for "anything else she can burn in a Hoodoo pipe" -- well, each herb has its own spiritual form of help to give. And since there is no such thing as a "hoodoo pipe" anyway, she would be better off studying the meanings and uses of the herbs and learning how to deploy them in a variety of ways -- and not trying to figure out ways to smoke new, more, and different herbs in a pipe.

HER-TOB-LEAF
Tobacco, Black Candle
$3.00

You can order right here in the Forum by clicking on the blue Add To Cart button.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

Thank you, Cat!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Ophelia

Unread post by Ophelia » Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:19 am

Thank you Cat! I'm going to have to look around and try to find where I read about "Hoodoo" pipes since I obviously got some bum information.

rekkerafthor

Tobacco in Hoodoo

Unread post by rekkerafthor » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Hello all,
I've read about the various uses of tobacco in hoodoo and have a question. It's there a specific blend of tobacco traditionally used? I don't mean snuff or cigarette tobacco. I men student blends like a Burley tobacco or a Cavendish blend. I ask because I am a pipe smoker and i have a certain propriety blend that i smoke.
Thanks in advance for you're help.

Kittyluver

Unread post by Kittyluver » Wed May 23, 2012 10:33 pm

Hi all,

When using tobacco in a contact me spell, should I be praying something specific?

Is it the tobacco itself that is manifesting my desire or is it a specific spirit? OR is it the words that I speak such as so and so contact me now, I want you to text me, ect...

Do I make a name paper as well to stick under the Rolled in tobacco brown candle?

Or is that not necessary since I will be blowing smoke into his photo? When I am done with the photo do I stick it under the candle or pin it upside down to my wall behind my bed? Stars told me to do that with a diff contact me spell so I was wondering if it's the same for this one.

Thanks

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat May 26, 2012 3:09 pm

You are working with the Spirit of Tobacco to bring someone to contact you. Simply pray from your heart, call out to that person to contact you.

I usually include a name paper on the back of the photo.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Tobacco (Cigarettes, Snuff, Cigars) Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:32 pm

HER-TOB-LEAF
Tobacco, Black Candle
$3.00

catherine yronwode

BlakPrincessUK

CIGAR and TOBACCO Spells

Unread post by BlakPrincessUK » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 am

Greeting everyone

Does anybody know of a good book regarding Cigar/Tobacco spells and more info on this subject ?
I have used the pins and cigar with varying success and would like to know more.
Thanks in advance :D

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:54 pm

Hello, BlakPrincessUK ,
I have merged your post to a thread pertaining to your query. There are 2 pages here of ideas. You can look at the page with books to see if there are any listed: www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html
Have a good evening
Take care

BlakPrincessUK

Unread post by BlakPrincessUK » Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:52 am

Thank you Ms Aida

gpink26

Unread post by gpink26 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Well wow! This guy that did my reverse work for my mom told me to use tobacco in her house to rid it of spirits. He told me that if any was present they won't be able to stick to anything or anyone. Is this true or did I just call the dogs in my mom's house? I even did this after Chinese washing and spraying.

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:16 pm

Hello Gpink26,
Personally, I don't know about this.
I use Tibetan Ghost Purging Incense. It is the absolute best for getting rid of ghosts/spirits. It works beautifully:
www.luckymojo.com/tibetanghostpurgingincense.html
Hope this helps.
Good luck

Hoodoo_Lady

Unread post by Hoodoo_Lady » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:04 pm

On my second candle...no movement from target, but boy all the news that's come through my phone has been life changing amazing. Situations I've been trying to move for months, picked up my phone & its been magic. Thanks Conjureman Ali :-)

Chainuox

Unread post by Chainuox » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:12 am

I highly doubt it, but I have no proof. Cig tobacco seems to be different, besides obviously being dry. Maybe it's cut different, and it will certainly taste different. Maybe no is a good time to quit chewing, or a good time to pick up smoking.

Reason: I approved it. Butit fits nowehere in the conversation. My bad

cecila

Unread post by cecila » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi,
Can I use tobacco LM in a honey jar to get a job? I'm thinking to put in a petition paper some tobacco and other herbs so the employer will contact /answer my nephew 's demand for a job. the employer and my nephew know each other well and in the past the employer mentioned a job for my nephew.
thank you

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Hello, Cecila,

I don't see the connection between your intention and the function of tobacco inside a honey jar

It would be better if it were burned as an incense

See this page: www.herb-magic.com/tobacco.html

Also, see this page for other herb ideas: www.luckymojo.com/hoodooataglace.html

Wishing you the very best for you and your nephew

take care

Goldmasr1

Unread post by Goldmasr1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Hi

I've just been reading about the best uses for tobacco and blowing the smoke over the skull candle. I recently made a poppet of my target (love drawing), and last night dreamt i blew smoke over his face which drew me to here.

Please can you advise if this would aid my work if i did indeed blow the smoke over the head of the poppet?

Goldmasr1

Unread post by Goldmasr1 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 pm

I meant aid here, sorry not sid :)

Reason: Merged with her post above

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:20 pm

Hello, Goldmasr1,

Since a poppet is an effigy as is a poppet, I would follow the advice in your dream and see what happens

It certainly cannot hurt

Take care

Goldmasr1

Unread post by Goldmasr1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Thank you, I shall try :D
Blessings

Goldmasr1

Unread post by Goldmasr1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:27 pm

An update, I did this and the said person contacted me after 3 months without speaking very good :mrgreen:

Miss Aida

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:01 am

Hello, Goldmasr1 ,

CONGRATS!!!!

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”