Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Too Many Spells at Once? Overload? Interval Between Spells?

easternleo09

Too Many Spells at Once? Overload? Interval Between Spells?

Unread post by easternleo09 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:05 am

What happen if I cast the same spell more than once?

or cast many different spells with the same intention on the outcome?

I'm new to this craft, sorry if the answers to my questions seem obvious to you guys.

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Re: Too Many Spells at Once? Overload? Interval Between Spells?

Unread post by J Simulcik » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 am

Doing the same spell more than once or casting different spells for the same purpose at the same time will have little effect on your work, if any. Different types of spells run concurrently for the same purpose are fairly common in hoodoo, such as a mojo bag and candle work together.

If a spell does not work, there is a reason, and it is important to divine that reason if you are to change a situation.

The answer to any question may be obvious to some, but not to the person who asks, and probably to others who did not. That's why we're here! :D
HRCC Student #1339

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:40 am

Hi there,easternleo09,

J gave you great information. As to your question about casting more than once, it depends on what kind of work you are doing. If you are doing a spell that has a definite end (like lighting a vigil light or doing a 7 day candle spell) and after the spell is over and you have disposed of the remaining items from the spell in an appropriate manner you want to wait for at least 3 days and if you don't see anything or if you see signs and movement that are the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish then it is common for workers to try, try, again. There are some kinds of work that are also understood to be long or never-ending processes--in cases where a person has been badly jinxed for instance they may be taking cleansing baths once a week for the rest of their lives, or in cases where you are trying to break up a couple, you would work that spell until they broke up. Another example of the vagaries of timing with your spell work is in reconciliation love work where I have been taught to encourage those doing this kind of work to assign themselves a time limit--as in, I will work to get this man back for _days, months, years, and after that time has passed you are DONE with the spell work no matter what the outcome is.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

1retroman

Unread post by 1retroman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:15 pm

Hello

Could the RECONCILIATION and the INTRANQUILITY spell kits work
together? Please let me know as I want to order.
Thank You
Ed

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:29 pm

It is fairly common to work a Break-Up spell (to loosen the bonds between one's lover and their outside lover) at the same time as a Reconciliation (to calm down and mend hurt feelings with one's lover). In this case the lover's essence is in both spells. But one shows them pain with their outside lover and the other shows them peace with you. It's a clear choice for them, and the idea is that they will return to you.

Intranquility is not the same as Break-Up. It is a hurtful spell meant to cause your lover to be confused, lonely, and despairing, and it affects only them, not their outside lover (if they even have one). So you are asking them to be hurt by your act of will and then to seek refuge from that hurt in your arms, while at the same time you express the willingness to reconcile, to work on the relationship and give it a fair second chance. Think of the meaning of the words "reconciliation" and the word "intranquility." Now imagine someone doing both of those things to you at the same time. Would it work on YOU?

Ask yourself what you hope to accomplish. Bbefore ordering a spell kit, think about what caused the split in the first place, how mending the rupture can best be effected, and what your -- and their -- honest range of feelings is at this time.

Do you wish to express anger and outrage to the point of making them suffer and then offer them safety from your own wrath? Then do an Intranquility spell.

Do you want to encourage them to try again, with less tension, fewer problems, and a good hearted attempt to re-engage the love that brought you together in the first place? Then try a Reconciliation spell.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

1retroman

Unread post by 1retroman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 am

Well the problem is this we were going to get married, but she ran off, several times in fact. She has said that she has a hard time with commitment and it seems consistent with everything in her life. Tends to find reasons not to commit to things. We have gotten along very well and her kids love me. The sex has lacked and she has said she has always been that way unless she gets really drunk and she does anything or gets somebody new. So the biggest problem is commitment, that is the reason for thinking of combining those.

Thanks

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:04 pm

I am going to talk myself out of a sale here, but, truthfully, she's not the right partner for you.

Three strikes: (1) Sex is "lacking". (2) Has to get "really drunk" to have sex. (3) Prefers sex with "somebody new" all the ime (phenylethylamine driven, low on oxytocin).

Three more strikes: (1) Won't make commitments about various aspects of life. (2) Won't make commitment about love. (3) Broke commitment to marry you.

Three more strikes: (1) "Ran away." (2) "Ran away" again. (3) "Ran away" "several times."

That's nine strikes, buddy. Time to cast a serious spell to Cut and Clear from this trainwreck and bring Ms. Right-For-You into your life.

You'll know Ms.-Right-For-You when you meet her. She'll be the one who (1) doesn't have to get "really drunk" to enjoy sex, (2) thinks that sex with you is great, (3) is not interested in other men, (4) wants you to be her steady lover, (5) talks things over instead of running away, (6) is so proud of her commitment to you that she wants to show the world, (7) is eager to marry you as a symbol of your bond, (8) adores the idea of wearing a wedding ring, and (9) hopes to spend the rest of her natural life with you, Amen.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Reynolds

Unread post by Reynolds » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:44 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:I am going to talk myself out of a sale here, but, truthfully, she's not the right partner for you
Aha!
But, Miss Cat, being 'straight-up' always pays off in the end (besides it being the 'right' thing to do).

mabel

Unread post by mabel » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:46 am

May I know is there any limit to how many spells one can cast during a duration? For instance, I would like to perform the Uncrossing spell for cleansing. Thereafter, can I also cast the Fast Luck and Reconcilation spell at the same time too? Perhaps one in the morning and the other at night?

What would be the best way to do this?

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:09 am

I am and have been waiting a while for a few purchases from LM for pyschic visions to help with my animal communication(doing a few things meanwhile like having candles burnt at LM altar) I also am awaiting 3 dressed candles and other supplies for a spell to increase my stamina and today I am ordering all the supplies to to a good luck gambleing spell I saw on LM. My question is how many could or should you do close together especially if they all require you do them in a waxing moon setting?? Also if every spell I am doing is the desire to have something come to me should they always be done during waxing moon? and is there any special time that is best???

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi Sharona,

The answer to this question varies depending on the practitioner. If you are fairly new to conjure work then I would say start with one spell at a time. If I recall correctly you wrote another post about concerns with your stamina so if you feel weak or tapped out, definitely do one working at a time--do not overextend yourself.

Timing by lunar phases is one way to use timing in your conjure work but it is by no means the only way. I know many workers who will do a spell when they need to have it done, whether the lunar phase matches up or not. You can also use the time of day, the hands of the clock, and planetary hours in the timing of your conjure work.

good luck,
Bri

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Thanks Bri for your answers

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Hello all:

I was wondering if someone could recommend how often I should have a candle lit for my petition on your altar? I just had one completed and loved the outcome and since I am not able to do it at my home it is a great service. But I just wonder if I do it once a month or how often.

Thanks so much - Marie

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Some work is time-sensitive in that you keep it up until the goal is met, like Reconciliation. Some other types of work are done just when you feel they are necessary, like various cleansings. Still other work can be done on a regular basis to maintain it's effects, like Power; the time period between lights is up to you. This last case seems to be what you are asking about, and I would say that it's based on

A) When you feel it is necessary again, and

B) How often you can afford it.

Hope this helps.
HRCC Student #1339

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:06 pm

Uncrossing is often done at dawn, since there is commonly ritual bathing involved. The Fast Luck and Reconciliation work do not seem to be congruent, so I would not do them at the same time. Depending on your ability to build up intent and complete the physical preparations for work, the time between the two is extremely variable. If you feel you are capable of performing one spell in the morning and one at night, both at your full capacity, then I see no reason that you shouldn't.
HRCC Student #1339

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:26 am

Hi Marie,
mmcpower wrote: I was wondering if someone could recommend how often I should have a candle lit for my petition on your altar? I just had one completed and loved the outcome and since I am not able to do it at my home it is a great service. But I just wonder if I do it once a month or how often.
As Simulcik said, the answer to that question hinges on both the nature of the work and your economics.
In general, if the candle work is directed toward an acute, ongoing situation (ie: a court case), many people will burn candles continuously, one after the other, until the desired outcome is achieved. Since a typical glass-encased candle takes 5-7 days to burn, this means 1-2 candles per week. If the candle is for a time-limited situation (ie: a candle lit for success with an exam for school), then one candle may be all that is needed. If the candle work is for general prosperity/love/blessings/uncrossing, then burning on an as-needed basis, or at regular intervals (a single offertory candle on a honey jar spell for love every friday, or a glass-encased candle for money every month during the waxing moon, for example) are both common ways of working.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am

Hi Mabel,
mabel wrote:I would like to perform the Uncrossing spell for cleansing. Thereafter, can I also cast the Fast Luck and Reconcilation spell at the same time too? Perhaps one in the morning and the other at night?

What would be the best way to do this?
Very often, one has work that requires thorough cleansing (Uncrossing, Road Opening, etc.) to eliminate obstacles before one can effectively work to attract those things that are desired (wealth/love/luck/etc.). Many methods of cleaning a place of business, for example, will start by cleaning the business first from the back to front, and top to bottom, with a cleansing wash, followed by a second washing from front to back (or from the sidewalk to the front door) with prosperity and attraction ingredients to draw paying customers. These are 2 different types of work, but they are done on the same day, one right after the other, because they are both necessary parts of a larger overall process.

Likewise, for personal bathing, it is entirely possible to do a first bath from head to feet with 13-Herb Bath (or similar product) to uncross and cleanse, and follow that with a second bath from feet to head to draw what is desired. The order of these operations matters, and the nature of the work to be done will determine the appropriate order. So, starting with an Uncrossing bath, and following with Reconciliation work, possibly with some Fast Luck products mixed in with the Reconciliation products if speed and luck are desired in the process of the reconciliation, is entirely reasonable, *if the Reconciliation and Fast Luck elements relate to the same situation*. If the Reconciliation job and the Fast Luck job are separate things, however, then the two would be more appropriately separated in time and focus.

In general, it is quite possible to arrange multiple types of work that all apply to a given person's situation and do them sequentially, sometimes even in a single day. Likewise, it is entirely reasonable to do a larger set of similar types of work for multiple people/situations at the same time. Where the system breaks down is if one is trying to do multiple types of unrelated work (especially for multiple situations and people) all at the same time.
Hope this helps!
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:12 pm

Thank you so much for your guidance I really appreciate it.

Marie

DarlaFaithPacke1

Unread post by DarlaFaithPacke1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:52 am

As an example, let's say that a person works an uncrossing spell to rid themselves of crossed conditions which have been present for quite some time. Under what circumstances might a person correctly decide to work the spell again? Many thanks for any advice.

Lara2

Unread post by Lara2 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:59 am

I would re-work the exact same spell under the following conditions:

I knew I had done the spell correctly and three weeks had passed with no movement.
I was concerned I did the spell wrong and wanted to redo it correctly.
I new I had done the spell correctly, but feel that there is on-going work against me which was bringing back the crossed condition.

However, before I repeated an uncrossing spell I would make sure I had done the following:
A 13 day uncrossing bath.
http://herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html

A spiritual cleaning on my house with uncrossing products, such as chinese floor wash.
http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html

I would also suggest that you get a good reading from a qualified reader.
Both cat, Bri and Elvyra are very good readers and can give you some insight into the situation.
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatconsultations.html

Lara

DarlaFaithPacke1

Unread post by DarlaFaithPacke1 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Lara - THANK YOU. Big help. Darla

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:57 am

Hi all,
I had wrote on this forum a few weeks ago regarding the honey jar. I was given very helpful advice, thanks. but I am just wondering if it would be okay to make 2 honey jars- the first one for me, my husband and my mother- and the second one for just me and my husband- Is this okay to do even though I included myself in the first one?

Thank you much.

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:18 am

You can do as many honey jars as you need to.

Mary

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:55 am

Thank you much Mary!

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:46 pm

Its always a good idea to have a honey jar going for you and your spouse that is ya'll's alone, I like honey jars and lodestons for married couples personally.

Bri

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:06 am

Thank you Bri!

DarlaFaithPacke1

Unread post by DarlaFaithPacke1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:19 am

Dear Lara - In that order? Thanks, Darla

bleuskyye

Unread post by bleuskyye » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:52 am

Is it ok to cast more that one spell in different areas in at the same time or is it better to do one a night?

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:52 am

Bri answered this question above.
HRCC Student #1339

bleuskyye

Unread post by bleuskyye » Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:59 pm

Thanks!

ArchAngel2

Unread post by ArchAngel2 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:41 pm

The thing i want to do is a break up spell. at this point my ex and his girlfriend have been quarrelling a lot because he wrote on messenger and through messages on cellphone that he still loves me. of course this made her very angry, thinking that i was a ended chapter in his life. she then denied him seeing me, call me or have any other contact than through messenger, if she was allowed to read the chatlog after. He told me that he would respect her wishes because he did not want to hurt her. I know that if their relationship ends, he will come back by himself.
I really want to work now, when their relationship is so fragile, and want the break up to be as consistent as possible.

I am wondering if it doing two different spells with the same purpose will be strengthening or make the spells "collide"? I have read both and now i am confused. I just want this to be the strongest break up ever - before their relationship "gets back on its feet".

PS: i must add that they have been together for one year. thats a long time!
Before that he and i were together for three years.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:51 pm

Hi Archangel,
It really depends on what the two spells you are talking about are. It is pretty common for workers to do several spells towards the same goal, like a honey jar and a moving candle spell for love getting, or a break up bottle and a break up vigil light for breaking a couple up. On the other hand, if you are trying to combine spells from different traditions they may not work well together. I hope that makes sense.

take care,
Bri

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:31 pm

I have done quite a few break up spells on the same targets. Sometimes when you are in a relationship even if you have been fighting so much you do not want to leave the relationship. I know this happened with my targets. I worked mostly with my ex boyfriend because I knew him the best. So I would suggest getting into his head, and doing a spell where you heighten in his mind all the things that he does not like about her. Putting things in his mind like"every time I am near her I am disgusted, hearing her voice irritates me" things like that. I worked things on an emotional, physical, and mental level. I did this because people might be fighting but it might take a while to move them apart. Remember in a relationship sometimes it takes a series of fights to break them up. You need to put in his mind and make him move towards not wanting to be with her. This can be done with a commanding spell of some type, and working with a skull candle.

The length of their relationship really doesnt matter. My ex and his ex gf were together for 1 and half years, and they broke up many times. But you must keep hitting at them, and really exploiting the weaknesses in their relationship if that makes sense. Also, since you know that him talking to you pisses her off, you really need to use that to your advantage. I would make it so he keeps contacting you, and then making her paranoid and suspicious. If she is constantly accusing him, he will not like that, and that will probably make him gravitate towards you even more. ;) I would consider doing a clear cut spell on him to break him of the feelings he has for her.Just make sure that you aren't working too many spells at a time that way you can put all your energy into it. Use the days of the week, and the moon phase to your advantage. Your spells are working...you just need to keep "heat" on the situation.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ArchAngel2

Unread post by ArchAngel2 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Star, you said that you have done several break up spells, and that he break up and get together with his girlfriend. I would like a stronger break up, i would not like him to have an "on and off" relationship with his current girlfriend, no more than a ordinary relationship. Did you do the lucky mojo break up curse? and which ingredients did you use? all of them? did you add the vinegar to make sure to sour the relationship? What is the reason they keep getting back together?

I looked up the cut and clear, and to me - without saying that my interpretation is the right one - it seems like it will be harder to do that spell on two people that maybe do not wish to cut their connection? It looks like the spell is meant for a person that wants to cut of the relationship.

The two spells are from different traditions, so i will chose either of them in stead of both.

But think Bri's idea sounds smells really good. A honey jar combined with a break up curse is supposed to sweeten him towards me, he will miss me a lot and think nicely about me, and at the same time quarrel and fight with his current girlfriend, he will probably leave her.

And one last question Star - what you said about "getting into his mind", that sounds really interesting and helpful. How do you do it?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:10 pm

FIrst of all... I really dont believe in their being more STRONGER break up spells. The spell is as strong as you make it. I mean I can break up two people with two figure candles break up oil, and all of that. But if you are not addressing the issues head on...or dont address the issue why they keep getting back together especially if another person is helping them get back together. I did use lucky mojo's break up bottle spell kit fixed with dog hair cat hair, and whatever else it comes with. The first time I buried the bottle in a cemetary. The next kit I buried it at my ex boyfriend's house since she was living there with him. I put it as close to his bedroom window as possible. The one thing I added to the break up bottle was I added rotten organic milk (like straight from the cow milk although I dont think it makes a difference what kinda milk you use) vinegar, and asafoetida.

One spell I made a heart out of clay to represent my ex boyfriend's heart. In the clay, I wrote (target's heart) and like a zig zag line down the middle of the heart to represent broken love for the person,. Then I wrote the target's name down the candle (wick to base) and then the command "remove love for (name here) from (target's heart)" So I wrote "remove love for kelly from brandon's heart" for this example. I dressed a black free standing candle with asafoetida (banishing and removing) licorice powder or calamus (to control their heart) red pepper, and poppy seeds. I used some separation oil, and clear cut powder or oil. I put the candle in the middle of the clay heart. Stabilizing it so it didnt fall over in the heart. Also, I made a petition basically stating what i wanted to happen like " As this candle burns, Brandon removes all love for Kelly from his heart. His heart is blackened, and cold towards her. " and what ever else you want to say. Or you can just keep it simple such as saying "Remove the love for Kelly from Brandon's heart" I would burn the candle over a course of 9 days rather than just one day. I started this on a Saturday on a waning moon. Once the candle was done, I would burn the candle down on the 9th day. The candle should cover the heart in black candle wax, and I disposed of it by throwing it to the west in a crossroads breaking the clay heart, and not looking back. I did this step because I know with my ex boyfriend the reason why he would keep going back is because he still felt love for her. Once the love was gone for her, he stopped going back towards her.

Before I go on, I wanted to say that you know your ex boyfriend better than her. Use this to your advantage. All the spells I did I hit him on an emotional, physical, and mental level. Emotional with the heart spell above. When I said get into his mind, I increased the emotions and things he already thought about her with a skull candle. I increased my target not being attracted to her and not wanting to be around her. For this you need to know your target, and I knew my ex-boyfriend extremely well since I was with him for 3 years.

And through divination I was able to see what his true view of her was. Also, you can always hook the girlfriend up with another guy. Through divination you need to find out what her perfect guy is. Attract them towards each other, and make her really like him.

I think what made me successful is that I never relied on just ONE spell. The important part is to be realistic, and dont put such a time frame on things. You are dealing with people's emotions, and most people in love do not have one fight, and thats it. Most people go with their heart despite what their mind says, and they will stay in a situation sometimes because they don't want to be alone. You literally need to develop a game plan and change the game plan accordingly. Sometimes you get lucky and it only takes one spell, but to say that it is only going to take one spell is probably why people get led to disappointment. You really have to ask yourself "how much effort, time and yes money do I want to put into this situation"

A few spells I used lemons, but I dont want to type a novel LOL so if you want you can message me for that, and how I did the skull candle spell and a few other resources. I will gladly give them to you. Just PM me :D

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:16 pm

lemon spells?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:20 pm

yes I used lemons to break up two people along with some other ingredients.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:17 am

Can you explain the lemon spell? What if you dont have any information of the other girl that your target maybe seeing? ;)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:12 pm

If you dont have any information of the other girl, you need to do some investigation. I read on here that some look into websites to get their name and address even a picture. If your target is into facebook, or myspace, it will be a matter of time before they put them up as a friend or a picture.

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:41 am

i only have his pic..so no luck with the info of the other girl. But can we still do the lemon spell for the break up?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:49 am

I think it would be advantageous to know the name of the other girl. Like i said before you might need to do some investigating. I guess you could say something like Robert's Girlfriend for example. But I would really try to find out her name or at least a picture.

I sent you a message as well.

Dimples03

Unread post by Dimples03 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:44 pm

I would like to know what spell kit is for my situation. I know a lady that has a spell on my mother. she is stopping her from working and having money. she wants to see her lonely. she is an evil woman. I would like to uncross my mom and see her with plenty of money and her own house. Can I use one spell kit after another? which spell kits do you suggest please? Thanks so much!

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:44 pm

Dimples03 wrote:I would like to know what spell kit is for my situation. I know a lady that has a spell on my mother. she is stopping her from working and having money. she wants to see her lonely. she is an evil woman. I would like to uncross my mom and see her with plenty of money and her own house. Can I use one spell kit after another? which spell kits do you suggest please? Thanks so much!
Get your mother clean first and work from there. Your mother needs to be clean, before she can work on her other issues. Here is the link to the Uncrossing Spell kit: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html
Also make sure her house is cleaned thoroughly.

Good luck!

Mary

Dimples03

Unread post by Dimples03 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Thank you... how long should I wait to do more work after my mom is cleansed?

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Dimples03 wrote:Thank you... how long should I wait to do more work after my mom is cleansed?
I would work with the moon cycles. I would start the work in the New Moon for bring things to her.

Mary

butterfly2

Unread post by butterfly2 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:08 pm

hi lm fam! i think i have a similar question. i would like to do a spell that requires doing both on a new moon. is it ok to do one spell after another or should i wait a day? what would likely happen if spells are done in the same day or is it preferred not to do that?

thanks,
butterfly

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:36 am

So this is my problem. I have been told that since I'm one of those impatient people when it comes to results that candle work may not be the best for me, but I can't help it cause I really want to reconcile with someone so I have been lighting candles left and right! I think I'm going to have the church do my candle lighting now, but still it's like a drug for me. I'm so into lighting candles that I think that I may accidentally sabotage my out come. :oops:
Ask, Believe, Receive!

sangamo1

Unread post by sangamo1 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:58 am

I'm in the same position as you. And I understand the frustration. Putting it out of my mind isnt easy for me, but I am getting better at putting this person and the events between me and her out of my mind.

Read my reconciliation divination thread (I know you have). Hit this person from different angles/different kind of spells as someone on there suggested. I do not agree with the use of the bend to will candle, as that is a more dominating spell, and that is not what I am going for.

However, I have been doing it entirely through the church, as I am new to this kind of thing. These things take time. And more then one candle.

If you have this constantly on your mind, having the church do it for you will not help any more then if you do it. The church is merely just doing the labor for you. It is still your spell, not their spell.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:52 pm

This is very helpful...I recently had a set back in my spell and of course have been obsessing. Its good to know how others are doing their work. I have decided to take a break from the work and rest my nerves.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

snake

Unread post by snake » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Can you do some herb spell work or a mojo bag or doll baby or something that takes less "maintenance" than candle spells? I'm moving away from using candle spells because I had the same problem obsessing over spells and burning candles constantly. I'm having much better luck with mojos and herbs because I can put them away, do something else and not have to worry about them burning down the house.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:17 am

snake wrote:Can you do some herb spell work or a mojo bag or doll baby or something that takes less "maintenance" than candle spells? I'm moving away from using candle spells because I had the same problem obsessing over spells and burning candles constantly. I'm having much better luck with mojos and herbs because I can put them away, do something else and not have to worry about them burning down the house.
It is true that different kinds of spells appeal more to different kinds of people, and it is also true that a certain kind of spell is more appropriate to a specific situation. However, I think that the problem of obsessing over spell work can come up no matter what kind of work you are doing. Worrying about the candle burning down your house is one thing, worrying about the spell's outcome though is something different. I was taught to do the work and not look back--in other words, have faith in the work that you are doing. Accept that the answer to your wish or desire may well be "no." But then proceed with all the strength and faith you can muster on the assumption that your work will work.

good luck,
Bri

sangamo1

Unread post by sangamo1 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:16 pm

Is it alright if I have the person on my mind alot from time to time, but not necessarily the spells themselves? I mean she does come into my mind a couple times a day, but its not like I am sitting and counting down when she is coming back.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:22 am

Having her on your mind constantly, can be detrimental as well. For example, what is suzy doing....I wonder if she is thinking of me...i wonder if she misses me...and so on. This is the same regardless if you are thinking about "how is my spellwork affecting her?"

The solution to stop obsessing through non spellwork means: Would be to find something else to do, and keep yourself busy.

I agree sometimes you must have blind faith, and I think the most misleading thing is to believe that ONE single candle is going to make all your trouble go away. Also, Ive noticed some people are expecting immediate results like within a few days or even a week or two. Personally, I think looking for signs is obsessing as well. Like you shouldnt have to look for signs. They will come to you, and if you dont see them in 3 days does not necessarily mean that the spell failed. Perhaps you didnt even notice a sign when it came into your view.

Also, when something has failed or not yield the results you wanted. It is time to reevaluate, and think about WHY the spell did not manifest.

Burning one candle, for something like reconciliation, and assuming ONE candle is going to do the job especially if it was a BAD breakup is misleading. Spell work is WORK. For a difficult situation, more than likely it is going to take more than one candle, or spell. These situations tend to be difficult, and require more work. It is going to take discipline, some creativity, and risks just like anything when people want something really bad. Also, goals are more attainable when you break them down in small goals. If you were trying to lose weight, you wouldnt think about losing 100 pounds all in in one month, but you would think okay this month I am going to lose 10 pounds this month. Thinking about a goal that is soo huge, can be discouraging, but if you break it down then and start doing results for every little goal...its going to help you get to the bigger goal.

Also, burning the same type of candle or doing the same spell with no results does not mean you need something more stronger.Or you may need to hit the situation from a different angel, or you are not addressing the problem directly through the correct spell. I can burn a little free standing candle, with 3 ingredients on it, and it can be just as powerful. Yes some ingredients make things more potent, but the power is you. Yes the universe can tell you No, but I would say most of the battle is overcoming your faith and discipline.

Another negative thing is...discussing your spell before the outcome has manifested or for sure you know its a total failure...with someone else. Telling a lot of people about exactly what you did is going to affect the outcome. These people come with their own negativity, and may overthink your own spell for you even if you are not. And yes this includes this board. Its okay to speak in the vagueness of terms, or with a person who is doing your spell work for you, but try to limit down the random people you tell.

Not obsessing, or not overthinking your work is the the hardest thing to overcome. But it is necessary to make your work more effective. It is going to take some work, and sheer willpower on your part. Something people could do whenever you think about the situation or have negative thoughts. Write them down because that helps get it out of your mind. If you are feeling negative, burn the thoughts in a fire. Engage in activities with others or yourself that require you to think about the task at hand.

Constant worrying, and watching for results is like watching a pot of boiling water...does not help your work. Trust me its a losing battle, and you will be so upset because you will keep spending money, time, and energy on something you are already setting yourself up for failure through your own negativity.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:37 am

Another thing about reading/divination and spellwork. Readings/divination is like a snap shot of what is going to happen at that point in time given the circumstances, and the spellwork that has been done or not been done that time. When I do a reading for others or even when I get a reading, I just dont like timeframes. If someone says, you can expect contact on July 6 at any time, then that can be discouraging. I dont think I have ever met a reader that has been dead on with time. A great reader will say within the next month or so. If a reader says so and so should contact you by the end of July, and the end of July passes, but the target contacts you at the beginning of August. Then hey you got what you wanted. Basically, stop focusing on the EXACT when of things. Who cares about how..when...why of things. As long as it HAPPENS..is all that is important. Also, I would limit the amount of readings when doing spellwork. Getting a reading every week...is similar to obsessing. You are just having someone else constantly checking in if things are manifesting. I would get divination done once a month to see how things are taking.

Also, myspace, facebook, twitter, driving endlessly by the targets house, checking phone bills, email, calling,and hanging up,harrassing the target, and any other means that causes you to obesess , and look ridiculous where you are constantly checking up on the target just really really sets you back. Trust me I know. I did it, and it really messed me up. It is okay to check up on them every now and then because it can be a great tool to check up on how things. But otherwise stay away from the myspace, and all those other things. It will just have you thinking negative thoughts that might not necessarily be the case. Also, just because you cant SEE it does not mean its not working.

Hope this all makes sense.

sangamo1

Unread post by sangamo1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Makes sense, was what I suspected. Havent told too many people about my spell work, and the ones I have told were mainly pagans who could help me. I have been getting better on the thinking part.

I have only been checking on her online, cuz contacting her or going near her would get me in trouble (both with her and the spell work). Wouldnt want her to send the cops or her friends after me or anything.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Starsinthesky7,

What you said is so true and it makes total since. I want to do something for myself, so I will calm down a little something to chill me out so I will calm down on the over obsessing. I agree completely. I'm just one of those people that I'll get excited to do the spell and I know that it takes time, but when it has been a long while I start to think "what the heck". I'm working on it though. I also feel that I'm going about it all wrong, so I'm going to get a divination, so I know in which path I should be going.

Yeah if I went by the guy that I want to reconcile with it would make things worst because of how things ended. I want to make sure that we are friendly on computer or phone before I even think about going to see him.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

sangamo1

Unread post by sangamo1 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:44 pm

would thinking about the spell postpone results on a given spell or put an end to the possibility all together?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:14 am

If you are obsessing, and constantly thinking about how, when, where, why, and all that crap, then it would postpone the results because of your negativity, and it takes away from the energy from the spell. I mean it could kill the spell or it could postpone it. Depends how much freaking out you are doing to the spell, and how much energy the spell started off to begin with.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:50 pm

starsinthesky,

I agree, but that's just my nature, so I definately want to get something to help me out in that situation, so I don't sabotage my work.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

sangamo1

Unread post by sangamo1 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:30 pm

i've gotten better....I burned a road opener and on the petition included mental obstacles. It didnt work a miracle but it helped. Candle probably hasnt finished burning yet but that seems to be working (could be a coincidence as a few months time has passed) The thoughta of her on my mind is a bit less now, and when they do surface and are closer to the back of my mind, and they go away faster. Theymainly consisted of occassional romantic feelings for her and the events, people, and problems that caused us to grow apart. I havent really thought much about what she is thinking presently, or time it will take, etc. and I have stopped checking up on her aways and facebook constantly. Progress has been slow. It's been really hard since I have alot of spare time due to being an unemployed college graduate.

I think i will wait a couple weeks before i send in for more burnings.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”