Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

4" Altar Light, 6" Offertory, and 9" Jumbo Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
rickets

4" Altar Light, 6" Offertory, and 9" Jumbo Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by rickets » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:00 pm

A year or so ago, my guides told explained to me a way for one of my clients to get what he wants, to make wishes, as he refused to communicate with any of his ancestors or spirits. I found the paper today I wrote it down on, and thought I may share it with you guys.

Get a small pot, preferably a clay pot, deep but not too deep. Use a yellow 4" alter candle (sold at luckymojo :P) with your name engraved on the side going up, and stick that in the middle of the pot. Get some parchment paper and write your wish out, focusing on your intention during the process. Don't imagine getting it, imagine having it. Fold the paper twords your heart, and put it in the pot. Light the candle and say a prayer, something like "I ask for this wish to come true, in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit" or "may John Doe (or myself) get what he wishes, may this light attract the influences to get John Doe what he wishes" Use your own words that you think are right.

You can put in as many papers as you want, and i've played with this abit, doing things like wrapping the paper with a mojo wish bean inside. I am now to the point where I drilled holes on the top of the pot to hang fetishes from that help the wishes come true, tie roots and plants to it such as five finger grass or calamus root. You can also anoint the candle with attraction oil or come to me oil, or tap the 4 corners of the paper that has your wish on it with attraction oil.

When the pot is full of papers or the candle burns out, barry the notes and wax in your backyard or throw them into running water and start over.

Dr. Kioni has told me that he does something simular with Palo, so if you've heard of something like this, great.

Play with it, it's a great tool and it has worked for myself and my clients.

Peace.

-Rickets

Dumbledork

Re: 4" Altar Light, 6" Offertory, and 9" Jumbo Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by Dumbledork » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:48 pm

Neat! I've got to try this...

egyptianqueen

Unread post by egyptianqueen » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:24 am

Sounds good will try

Angelina2

Unread post by Angelina2 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:48 am

if i were to do this wishing pot to grant a wish for someone else, would i carve their name in the candle instead? It is a wish we both want however, but my husband would be the one actually involved in getting this wish. So would i just carve his name?

rickets

Unread post by rickets » Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:07 am

Angelina wrote:if i were to do this wishing pot to grant a wish for someone else, would i carve their name in the candle instead? It is a wish we both want however, but my husband would be the one actually involved in getting this wish. So would i just carve his name?
The last name of your family. And if your doing it for more than one person, just baptize the wish paper in his or her name or write the name on the other side and use a plain candle.

Calypsus

Unread post by Calypsus » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:54 pm

How do you baptize something in someone's name?:)

sebastian_lvx

Unread post by sebastian_lvx » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:06 am

Sounds like an interesting trick - I'm going to have to give it a shot.
Calypsus wrote:How do you baptize something in someone's name?:)
There are a number of ways to baptize something in someone's name. The basic Christian (trinitarian) formula of baptism is essentially: "I baptize you, (name of person), in the name of the Father +, Son +, and Holy Spirit." Another method I've found and use, which is decidedly similar and definitely not hoodoo, comes from the Munich Handbook of Necromancy, a 15th Century book of magic. You take an image of the person (the ritual specifically states wax so I see no issue using it with figure candles) and write their name on the back, immerse it three times in water saying, "How shall it be called?" And respond with the persons name, "It is N." Then say, "I baptize thee in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."

LightTheWorld
Newly Registered

Unread post by LightTheWorld » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:49 am

Has anyone else encountered this?

I bought 2 small-ish (4 inch) pink candles for use in spells where I want to burn the entire candle in one go, rather than in portions over time. Only needed 1 for the spell, but I like to have a spare on hand, it's a pack-rat thing.

Anyway, I did the work, and the candle burned beautifully, nice and steady... BUT... there was no wax forming at the bottom. I kept noticing that it was getting shorter and shorter, but where the heck was the wax going?! :D

After an hour and a bit, the candle had burned all the way to the bottom of the holder, finally the wick was standing alone in about 3 drops of melted wax, and then the wick gracefully laid over sideways and was extinguished in the melted wax.

I still can't believe it. It was very cool to see, for sure - but according to my high school physics, the mass of the candle has to go somewhere as it melts!! Is it hollow? lol

So just wondering has anyone come across a type of candle which performs like this? I will at some point burn the 2nd one to see if it behaves the same way, but I'm giving the spells time to get moving before I do any more on that.

Shannen

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:48 am

Yeah, that's a clean burn, a very good sign. Go ahead and read this page: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html as for what actually happened to the wax, it was burned as fuel by the candle flame. There are also candles on the market designed to completely self consume, but LuckyMojo's candles do not so you can still read them.
HRCC Student #1559

LightTheWorld
Newly Registered

Unread post by LightTheWorld » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:54 am

Wow thank you HailDiscordia! I read that page, but didn't realise that what happened was classed as a clean burn. I'm so happy with that! Many thanks for explaining

blackforrest

Unread post by blackforrest » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:31 am

hi

if we were to keep burning the candle, wont the candle burn the papers in the pot?
is that ok?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:35 pm

You take an image of the person (the ritual specifically states wax so I see no issue using it with figure candles) and write their name on the back, immerse it three times in water saying, "How shall it be called?" And respond with the persons name, "It is N." Then say, "I baptize thee in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."
Oooo, I like that much better than the more simple version. Thanks for sharing.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

blackforrest

Unread post by blackforrest » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:08 pm

but wont the candle burn the wish paper when it gets shorter, esp with so many papers inside??

gbenson

Unread post by gbenson » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 am

I am interested in the 6" Black Cat brand candles, in particular the black candle.

Would burning this absorb negative energy in the household and therefore cleanse the area around my altar?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:40 am

Black candles can be used to remove negative energy.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

gbenson

Unread post by gbenson » Sat Apr 10, 2010 6:50 am

Thanks for that.

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:49 pm

The attributes carried by black candles are "black -- repulsion, dark thoughts, sorrow, freedom from evil ". This can be found on the LM page on candle color symbolism here: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html#colour

White and blue candles are more traditional for cleansing and peace.
HRCC Student #1339

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:10 pm

Black is a great color to used for banishing negativity out of a space. You can send negativity away with it, followed up with a thorough cleansing.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:29 pm

i was wondering if the 6 inch candles are sufficient enough to perform a moving candle spell? and to also perform one such spell they dont have to be just figural ones do they?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:41 am

6 inch candles are absolutely sufficient to use in a moving candle spell. Typically those spells are done with figural candles but as long as you load your 6 inch candles with concerns and carve on them as you would with the figural candles you should be fine.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:39 am

thank you kindly Ms. Bri. it may be a choice i make..not sure yet.
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Thu May 13, 2010 7:29 pm

i pretty much have quite a few of these 4" candles so id figure id ask. are they sufficient enough to use in any sort of moving candle spell?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 13, 2010 8:04 pm

Sure. It'll go faster, but that's not always a bad thing. Folks with jobs to go to may wish to rise before dawn, burn their candles, and go to work! Folks with children also find scant time to be working with candles. 4" candles fill a real need.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu May 13, 2010 11:23 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:Sure. It'll go faster, but that's not always a bad thing. Folks with jobs to go to may wish to rise before dawn, burn their candles, and go to work! Folks with children also find scant time to be working with candles. 4" candles fill a real need.

Agreed! We do what we have to do... 4" candles will do if only 4" candles will do... if you catch my drift. I love a huge 8" 7-day candle, but if I need to do a quick burn a 4" candle works nicely...

Good luck!

-Joseph
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Wed May 19, 2010 10:42 am

1. Most of the spells specify placing the petition pics below an overturned saucer and placing the candle over it. Does this have any special significance from focussing or capturing the energy there or can i just burn a candle in the saucer facing up - only so the wax doesn't run away. Overturned saucer just makes it easier for the wax to run away from each other.

2. Q about 4" LM tapers with LM star candle holders - Which specifies a better burn?
a. A long burn (high strong flame )of around 2 hours 20 mins with not a single drop of wax left OR
b. A high strong flame burn of 1 hour 40 mins with slight wax below the star holder and a thin layer of wax on the star points?

From what I've read I'm confused -
a) looks like wish will be granted but will take a long time
b) Can be thought of as short term results but since it's only a thin layer does it matter?

Anyone who has used LM 4" offertory candles and has had a complete clean burn (with absolutely no wax left) in 1.5 hour please let me know.

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:37 am

Okay so about almost two hours ago I started my honey jar and lit the pink candle of fire. Is it normal for it not to produce any wax build up? And is it normal for the flame to be gigantic in comparison to the candle like half the candles length is this flame. Plus is it normal for it to burn almost two hours and only be about 1/8 gone?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 am

Depends on the candles. A lot of factors go into the burn of the candle including how much oil/powders is on them, is there a draft in the room etc. Wax residue is usually based on how much wax a candle has.

4" candles from LM generally burn anywhere from 1 1/2hr to 2 hrs. If you want to verify a sign a reading can help you. Btw, next time i think you should post this in the candle section :-). Thanks.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:35 pm

ConjureMan wrote:Depends on the candles. A lot of factors go into the burn of the candle including how much oil/powders is on them, is there a draft in the room etc. Wax residue is usually based on how much wax a candle has.

4" candles from LM generally burn anywhere from 1 1/2hr to 2 hrs. If you want to verify a sign a reading can help you. Btw, next time i think you should post this in the candle section :-). Thanks.
Sorry I'll be sure to start posting my topics in the approperate section just use to posting in here but thanks for the info. :)

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:10 am

FYI, they burn for 29 hours, not nine. Would make a nice one-day "mini-vigil."
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:23 am

Hi -- the burn time on these does vary a lot. I have had them burn in 12 hours. I think the manufacturer sort of guarantees 9 hours as a minimum. In the old days, before the glass vigil lights were popularized, the jumbos were sectioned off and burned for seven days. They work very well in that manner, too, and it is a shame that more people don't try them that way. Of course, you do need to observe all due candle safety with them, as they are open flames and if you leave them unattended and they tip over, you may have a fire hazard.

Order

CAN-901-BLAC Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Black $5.00
CAN-901-BLUE Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Blue $5.00
CAN-901-BROW Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Brown $5.00
CAN-901-GREE Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Green $5.00
CAN-901-ORAN Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Orange $5.00
CAN-901-PINK Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Pink $5.00
CAN-901-PURP Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Purple $5.00
CAN-901-REDD Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Red $5.00
CAN-901-WHIT Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, White $5.00
CAN-901-YELL Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candle, Yellow $5.00

And they are cheaper by the dozen -- you get 12 for the price of 10:

CAN-912-BLAC Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Black $50.00
CAN-912-BLUE Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Blue $50.00
CAN-912-BROW Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Brown $50.00
CAN-912-GREE Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Green $50.00
CAN-912-ORAN Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Orange $50.00
CAN-912-PINK Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Pink $50.00
CAN-912-PURP Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Purple $50.00
CAN-912-REDD Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Red $50.00
CAN-912-WHIT Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen White $50.00
CAN-912-YELL Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Dozen Yellow $50.00
CAN-912-ZZZZ Candle 9" Jumbo 9" Jumbo Candles, Mixed Dozen $50.00
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:54 pm

Yeah they do take quite a long time to burn, but I do think it depends on if you burn them with out herbs and such. They naturally go up in flames with a lot of stuff on them, but i do agree jumbo candles do take forever. I think thats why I stick to the smaller 6 inch or 4 inch candle.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:53 am

I like the jumbo candles (as well as the pull-out refill candles http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#pullouts) because they have more surface area for inscribing. I personally love being able to etch in an entire Psalm on a pull-out-vigil before I dress it up!

Love reading information and thoughts on the candles! Thanks for the posts!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:25 am

Inscribing a whole Psalm on a candle is a great idea, Joseph.

I usually use 6 inch candles, which burn in about 4-6 hours, but thought the jumbos would be nice to try. The cool, moist climate of the Pacific Northwest may affect the burn time. Next time I might try burning them in sections as Cat suggests.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:42 am

cleopatra wrote:Inscribing a whole Psalm on a candle is a great idea, Joseph.

I usually use 6 inch candles, which burn in about 4-6 hours, but thought the jumbos would be nice to try. The cool, moist climate of the Pacific Northwest may affect the burn time. Next time I might try burning them in sections as Cat suggests.

Thank you! It is amazing to do (whole psalm) on a candle. I don't like to step too far outside of what I have been reading/learning from LM, etc, however I just felt like it would benefit my work by adding the Psalm directly to the candle.

I, too, look forward to using the segment/sections burn time for the 9" pillars. Great idea!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:01 am

One could also write detailed petitions, affirmations, or appropriate Bible verses on them.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:43 pm

Yes, yes! I agree and concur 100%... They look and work fantastic for this...

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson

leo_gato

Unread post by leo_gato » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:40 am

Simple question. How long does it take a 6 inch offertory candle to burn out?
[i]leo_gato[/i]

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:55 am

About four hours, but it can burn quicker if you have a lot of herbs, powders, etc on the candle.

http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html#offertory

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:31 pm

I use these small candles for just about everything, because I can do a whole burn in one go and I have a TON of them. (The LM supplier here went under, and sold all the 4" candles at clearance and I snapped up a giant boxful.)

Here we go with questions, then.

1) Go with whatever works for you. If you prefer the saucer face up, there's nothing wrong with that.

2) What signifies a better burn really depends upon what your goals are. For example, a fast burn with tears on the candle for a love spell might signify a fast relationship witha messy end. For a money spell, a quick burn migh mean you'll get money soon, but it won't last. A longer burn that leaves a residue might indicate that you'll accrue money over time, and you'll manage to save some of it and be more prosperous. The more you work with these candles, the more adept you will become at divining the outcome through the wax. There isn't really such a thing as a 'better burn'.

I HAVE had a fast, clean burn with a money candle, and got paid out from an organisation the next day. The money was, however, all spoken for and didn't last. I've also had longer burns with them. How I interpret the burn really depends upon what I'm working towards and my knowledge of the circumstances. You'll get to that point too, just work at it, take notes, and don't stress about it

AnddieUS
HRCC Student

Unread post by AnddieUS » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Hello Everyone! Thanks in advance for your input. I am working a honey jar & am using 4" candles. My candle today burned for almost 3 hours, virtually no wax reside & a clean burn (red candle). My other candles burned in about 1 - 1 1/3 hours, all clean burns, and very little wax left. Could I interupt this as a good sign? I do see positive movement with my work. Thanks again!
Thank you Ancestors, St. Martha, St. Barbara and San Simon for all that you do on my behalf.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:40 pm

I believe the candle will burn up the papers, which is why a hanging clay pot is being used.
catherine yronwode

teaberryred

Unread post by teaberryred » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:11 pm

[Merry Be all my wishes will come true

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:55 am

I have recently bought some of the 6 inch candles and holders (just to experiment with different spells) but can't figure out what else to do with them besides a honey jar spell.

1) Can someone tell me what are some of the ways in which they have used these candles (4 and 6 inch) besides the honey jar spells?

2) What is a "moving candle spell"?

3) Once the candles are burned down, can you reuse the 5-star holder they were burned in?

Thanks in advance.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:15 am

1) 6" offertory candles are the standard offertory lights utilized in hoodoo spells, such as those described by Henri Gamache in "The Master Book of Candle Burning." As noted by some earlier posters in this thread, 6" candles are also great for moving candle spells.

2) Moving candle spells are those in which the candles are moved around during the course of their being burned. For more information, see "The Master Book of Candle Burning" and read this web page at AIRR:

Category: Candle Spells: Moving Candle Spells
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... dle_Spells

I also teach quite a bit about moving candle spells in my Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course, so if you become my student, you will learn the subject in fuller detail.

In the meantime, i suggest you order "The Master Book of Candle Burning," which is a very good value for the price and will get you started on doing moving candle spells the right way.

BOO-GRI-MSCB
Master Book of Candle Burning by Henri Gamache
$7.50

3) Yes, of course the star holders can be re-used. Like any candle holders, they are designed for long-term use. The reason they are so popular among hoodoo rootworkers is that they are economical to purchase in quantity for candle spells that may require three, seven, or nine candles to be going at one time.
catherine yronwode

DeborahHarris

Unread post by DeborahHarris » Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:29 pm

Thanks a lot Cat. I will consider taking the course.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:24 am

I love using offeratory candles because sometimes I can't burn the larger jumbo candles and/or the vigil lights. They are great when you want to go travelling, or you can only burn things for a limited amount of time. But I like to use them because I can get some divination of the wax from them. Or if I want to work something quickly in one day. The uses are endless really.

MsHooDooPrincess

Unread post by MsHooDooPrincess » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 pm

I have these candles in black dressed with oils and grave yard dirt for my enamies...their dripping,forming shapes,and some burned out quicker then others,what does it mean? Thanks to whomever answers

Madame Pamita
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Madame Pamita » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:56 am

MsHoodooPrincess -

Without knowing the details of what you're seeing, it's hard to say - but you are right on in knowing that the speed and drips/shapes offer insight. You can look here to find out what they mean: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
With love and light -
Madame Pamita, AIRR Member and HRCC Graduate and Apprentice #1704

MsHooDooPrincess

Unread post by MsHooDooPrincess » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Madame Pamita wrote:MsHoodooPrincess -

Without knowing the details of what you're seeing, it's hard to say - but you are right on in knowing that the speed and drips/shapes offer insight. You can look here to find out what they mean: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html
I have read, just as one set of these candles for one of my enamies where burning out, one cought the petition paper on fire...what this mean?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:53 pm

MsHooDooPrincess, the meaning of things on the altar (including the petition paper, catching fire is covered on the page cites and also mentioned in this hread several times. It's not good.
catherine yronwode

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:54 pm

Ok, i did the spell with 6'"black candle in the top of the vinegar jar and in 30 minutes that candle went out with a pool of wax, please somebody can tell me , that the spell i asked God for a signal and now i'm asking my goods people here is that a good sing? i hope to hear from anybody, thank you

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:07 pm

Theusurper,

Here in the forum we cannot tell you if this is a signal from God.

However, you can refer to this page to learn more about a fast burn.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA7

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:48 am

Starinthesky7, i know this is not a signal from God, i just asked God if what i'm doing was right and i found the proverbs that i interpret it my way. But know you can answer this question for me please, i finished my spell and today i got one card from my tarot and this one was 3 of pentacle that i interpret on my little knowledge and i would like to know what you can tell me about it, for me is a success because was what i wanted.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:33 pm

A fast burn often indicates quick results but the work may not last and will have to be replaced. the finding of a proverb that supports what you asked seems to be a good sign for the work. After we do work we watch and wait for signs, what you seen indicates a good sign. 3 of pentacles general meaning things are going well, keep up the work. Im more concerned with your questioning of the sign then taking and accepting. Dont over think it. personally burn more candles keep up the work, if a candle burns weird for me I like to repeat the candle to see if it was my error or a sign of the working, if its a sign of the work it will repeat.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

theusurper

Unread post by theusurper » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:27 am

Thank you J82 that's what i'm doing
keeping up the work for 7 days and
i'm pretty sure that the work is working.
Because this is a vinegar jar i'm taking
protection bath but i want to know
if i can use Hyssop oil in myself
everyday and then after the spell is
done take a real bath with Hyssop.
of course i rub my body every day
with Sea salt and then i put the Hyssop
in my wrist. Thank you very much

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:49 pm

the jar can be long term like weeks/months its really up to you and your dedication. I use the bath when im done with the work. your question is more of what works for you and that really is dependent on you if you feel cleansed then its good. Many ways to cleanse, some use eggs, baths..etc. shake the jar daily, curse it, swear, get mad... pray on it over those 7 days too dont just light a candle be active with it !
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

BellaMars

Unread post by BellaMars » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:13 am

I would like to start a spell tomorrow that normally calls for using bride & groom or couple candles.

1) I have all the herbs and oils from LM (I swear I think I have the entire inventory! lol) and I have red, white, and pink 4 inch altar candles. Can I use those?

2) I was thinking about using two candles of each color, carving our names into them, naming them for us and binding them together using the same color ribbon. Could that work?

3) If so when the candles burn down will the burning of the ribbon (which is to be expected) matter?
Thank you St Anthony & St Martha for your help during my time of need
Thank you St Dymphna for helping on my behalf
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:23 am

Yes you can use plain candles, but the ribbon could be a fire hazard. Just put them close together in a dish of dirt, sand, or salt.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:38 am

1) Yes.

2) Do not use a ribbon; as Mama Micki said, it can be a fire hazard. Do it the way most folks in hoodoo do and use cotton sewing thread. It will burn, but it is not varnished with plastic and will not flare up and burn your house down.

3) People do it this way all the time, both on figural candles and on plain candles of any size-- but, as i said above, they use cotton sewing thread, NOT with ribbon.
catherine yronwode

cami2luv

Unread post by cami2luv » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:08 pm

Hello..i am new .. please forgive me if this question was already addressed... I am currently working a honey jar for reconciliation with ex... I am oout of pink candles...however i have white and red candles until my order comes in next week ..can i use the white or red... If so which is best.thanks for responding.

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”