Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Hello from down South!

SouthernGirl

Hello from down South!

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Thu May 07, 2009 2:00 am

Hello everyone!

I have been a devoted reader of the LM site for well over a year. Love all of the information and the history of hoodoo. Only recently I've discovered that my Papa (mom's dad) had at least inadvertantly practiced a bit of hoodoo. He died when I was eight, so I've been unable to verify the extent. Only after reading from the LM site did I realize some of the things I remembered and my mom remembered about him were based in hoodoo. He was a little bit Choctaw and a whole lot Creole, so it would not be surprising I guess. My Granny (mom's mom) was half Choctaw and half Irish. It seems many of her "superstitions" were based a bit in hoodoo. I think she called most of it "old wives' tales". If only I had found more about and developed an interest in hoodoo while she was still in the land of the living...

Anywho, for a good 15 years I've been reading and searching for what feels like a fit for me. Many of the "new" religions such as Wicca, while interesting, haven't felt exactly right. Much more interested in the herbs and roots than in the gods and goddesses involved. That is not meant to offend, just not where my interest was found as with my baptist background, I couldn't embrace that part of it.

So, in addition to doing lots of hoodoo reading, I'm a mom, a wife and a nurse. We have lots of dogs of all sorts of breeds from chihuahua to blue heeler and a mutt or two or three thrown in. We also have a couple of feathered friends as well as water creatures. We like to camp, fish, just hang out with our kids. And read. I'm a book fiend. Bookstores are my crackhouses. ;) I also like to grown many of my own herbs to use in my spells. Had a surprising number of things growing before getting interested in hoodoo.

I can't wait to get information from others for different perspectives on their uses of hoodoo.

Hopefully I'll soon be able to take the course. Trying to make sure i'm well read on my own before applying.

Look forward to getting to know ya'll!

nati1

Re: Hello from down South!

Unread post by nati1 » Thu May 07, 2009 5:25 am

Howdy from Texas and welcome to the forum. You will soon realize that with Miss Cat's book, her personal comments and wisdom and the power of the net the information is endless. May you reach all your goals in life and Happy Hoodoo to you!!!
Nati

SouthernGirl

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Sun May 10, 2009 8:06 pm

Thank you so much, Nati

I have read and have been referring to Ms. Cat's book. It's such a wonderful resource. Thanks so much for the warm welcome. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing ideas.

Morgan

alley

Unread post by alley » Tue May 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Please inform me of the title to the book of Cat's that you are referring. I am also interested in additional reading and education so I can better get results from any spells.

Thanks
Alley

SouthernGirl

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Tue May 19, 2009 10:43 pm

I'ts "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic. Here's a link:
http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html#grimoires

Tons of useful information.

Of course her website has so many pages of terrific information and she adds more weekly. I've been reading and re-reading it. She's got lots of great books on her site as well. I'm probably not the best source of information as I'm relatively new to this area. And because I've been trying to learn on my own, sometimes I flounder for lack of direction. But there are many on here who are a plethora of information. Of course, if you find any great books, please pass the name along. I'm always reading!

Welcome aboard!

Missionary-Independent.org

Return to “2009 Public Forum Introductions”