Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Ethics: Moral Justification Before God, "Black Magic," Karma

Sister Jean
Site Admin
Re: Ethics: Moral Justification Before God, "Black Magic," Karma

Unread post by Sister Jean » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Hello Honeybeelight,

I'm very sorry to hear that you are having to deal with all this. My first piece of advice would be to definitely listen to your reader. If she is telling you to cut your losses and move on, do that. Cleanse and protect yourself and forget about that guy.

Who is to say if people who curse random people get what's coming to them, because who's to say how God works? But I try not to dwell on that stuff too much. I just have faith that people who deserve it will get what's coming to them, and live my life peacefully.

Take care.
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Honeybeelight
HRCC Student

Unread post by Honeybeelight » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:03 pm

Thank you for answering me, Sister Jean. As you can tell, I'm pretty upset. I know that it wouldn't be justifiable to me, but I know from reading these forums that it's easier to blame the "other woman." Rootworker A, Reader B (Reader B was doing a check reading, which Rootworker A knew about and was cool with) and I are all on the same page about cutting my losses and moving on. I'm super grateful to both of them. And St. Michael is out there guarding me, so I will be safe.

If someone accidentally stepped on my foot, I wouldn't turn around and try to kill them. Where I'm going wrong is thinking that if someone is attacking me, I must have done something to deserve it. I know in my heart that I don't, but I wish I could convince myself of this. This makes it hard to believe that there is someone better out there for me. If you know of anything that would help me boost my self-worth, I am wide open to suggestions.

I do take some satisfaction in living up to my own code, and while I don't believe in "karma" or the "threefold law," I do think that what goes around usually comes around. Go around bullying other people, and someday you're going to meet a bigger bully. And it's gotta be exhausting applying this much force every time some woman who could be a vague threat comes along, especially with this guy. Dollars to donuts he is already madly "in love with" someone new by now. I'd rather have a guy who is faithful to begin with.

Also, my hairdresser managed to sorta save my hair. That always makes a girl feel better.

Reason: See admin
Thank you, St. Michael, for your protection.

DannyN
Forum Member

Unread post by DannyN » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 pm

I have read many replies here and most experienced folks say NO SUCH THING AS KARMA OR BLACK KARMA IN HOODOO.

I want to be sure, is it that it is not part of what you guys were thought in your lessons OR that spells/works done using hoodoo traditions don'tt attract negative karma?

Just wondering, so if someone uses hoodoo to do very bad stuff to a child, you mean mother nature has no immediate or future payback for such person? For real or just because such person did the bad stuff using hoodoo. So in other words, hoodoo is like an insurance that can be used to do evil?

RevJames
HRCC Student

Unread post by RevJames » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:18 pm

DannyN -

Hoodoo is based primarily in a Protestant Christian world and Karma just isn't part of that world. We deal with Jesus, and God and the Bible, that is not to say that you HAVE to be christian to practice hoodoo, but one must realize that is a very big part of most works. The way I understand karma, its not really something that comes back to you in the same life time, but in those that follow. What I feel your trying to get at is more something akin to the Wiccan "3 fold law" that what you do comes back to you, in this case, 3 fold. But Hoodoo isn't Wicca.

Those that do curse work, usually, not always, ascribe to what we call Justified Work. Work that is justified in the eyes of our Lord. And if it be his will, it shall be done, as they say.

Also, He gave us free will. There is no karma in Christianity, you do bad, you go to Hell. Unless you seek forgiveness for those sins that is, which is why cleansing (particularly with hyssop) after doing curse or baneful work is usually recommended.

These are my feelings on it from my understanding, I look forward to what others might have to say though that would like to chime in here!

I also suggest you read these pages to get a better handle on the subject of Karma, Religion, and Hoodoo -
Do you have to be a certain religion to practice real magick? - http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html#12
Why are hoodoo spells done with psalms or in jesus' name? - http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html#13
Hoodoo History from Hoodoo In Theory and Practice by Ms Cat - http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html

Along with this forum topic on - "Cleansing Before and-or After Performing Rootwork Spells"
cleansing-before-and-or-after-performin ... -t654.html

Hope this helps and makes sense!
Matthew 17:20 | Student #2148

Sister Jean
Site Admin

Unread post by Sister Jean » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:08 am

Great answer, RevJames, on a topic that can be pretty thorny!
Thank you saints and spirits!
Proud member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics!
readersandrootworkers.org

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”