Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Fire Safety Issues with Candle Magic

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Rukia Fae

Fire Safety Issues with Candle Magic

Unread post by Rukia Fae » Tue May 26, 2009 5:50 pm

How many times have I preached to others (not on here necessarily) about using caution when burning candles (any candle, not just in spell work).

You know where this is going, right?

Yep...had candle going in my bathroom (don't laugh, I don't have anywhere for a permanent altar and its free from drafts! lol)

I got distracted.

Now, I need to buy a new sink and vanity.

One of my kitties must have knocked it down. Thank goodness hubby smelled it before it got too far out of hand- it was the bathroom next to my little boys room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

relatively minor damage, but boy oh boy will I be ever so much more careful now!

So...be careful fellow, candle burners!

SouthernGirl

Re: Fire Safety Issues with Candle Magic

Unread post by SouthernGirl » Tue May 26, 2009 7:30 pm

Hmmm... wonder what this means in relation to the spell? Working like a house-afire? LOL Sorry, couldn't resist! Seriously, I wonder if it does have any relation to the spells success or failure. I'm so sorry that happened to you. Had to be scary as all get out. Glad the damage is relatively minor. More importantly, glad everyone is safe.

jeshika

Unread post by jeshika » Wed May 27, 2009 3:45 am

If I have to leave a candle unattended I set it up in the bath in a few inches of water - if it falls over (unlikely) it just goes out.

MissDana

Unread post by MissDana » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:45 pm

Heya!

Just wanted to add that my brother is a fire fighter and he told me that if you need to burn a candle for a few days unattended, the best place to put it is in the oven! Just adjust the oven racks so that it will fit ;)

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:03 pm

Thanks Miss Dana! (Though now I'm thinking sheesh, why didn't I think of that, lol)
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:05 am

I usually put taper or pillar candles in a holder, then in a dish of water to be safe. Glass candles could also be put in a dish of water. I would also close the door to prevent pets from touching them. It doesn't seem that it would be safe to put burning candles in a gas oven; maybe electric would be OK. I have a gas oven and would prefer that my house not explode.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:21 am

I have seen many folks burn glass candles in the oven with no gas exploding. Your stove's oven is just a big box with a chimney. The gas pilot light emissions go up the same chimney. No explosions.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

wylde

Unread post by wylde » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:21 am

I'm thinking the oven sounds like a grand idea, pet free, and mine has a pilot light going all the time so another little flame in there wouldn't be an issue, I use it for drying things like flowers and herbs too if its to moist (and in the gulf coast area thats all the time really. Even dried shoes in there just don't forget and turn it on to make a meat loaf and melt your sneakers (mom did that once lol)

you could still set it in a pan of water in the oven if you were being extra careful.....

silverpony
HRCC Student

Unread post by silverpony » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:43 pm

At one point I had three cats, one of whom had absolutely not one lick of sense regarding candles and fire. (That is a whole story for another time... oy.) What I wound up doing was buying a glass-enclosed tall brass candle holder to keep him out of my candles.

Four sides are clear glass; the fourth side is a door that swings open and latches closed. The top is a vented roof sort of thing, and there is a handle, too; it's big enough to easily fit a 7-day candle in. I'm sorry to say I no longer remember where I found them when I lived in California; after my Hawai'i move I re-bought one even though I no longer had cats, just for the peace of mind of the protection of having the candle enclosed. The quality of this second one wasn't as good, but in Hawai'i you are oftentimes obliged to buy what you can -find-, and I found mine at K Mart, of all places.

MiracleMaxxwell

Unread post by MiracleMaxxwell » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:45 pm

I hear everyone with being careful with candles. My curious Tuxedo cat Cosmo Kramer has singed his little bumm hair, burned his tail hair and even his handsome little eyebrow whiskers trying to smell INTO the candle. For some reason a candle to him is light a moth to a flame.

When I leave the candles go in the bathtub in water with the door closed and the litter box in the other bathroom.

Poor little boy didn't know why his eyebrows were gone. He is just darn adorable!

Vicki

Shery2

Unread post by Shery2 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:52 pm

Hello my fellow hoodooers...Though you all need to hear this: I was doing a ritual to make someone pay me back the money he owes me. I used a blue pull-out candle dressed with red pepper, and other peppers, Commanding LM oil.

After hese dressings on the candle, I did not put it back in the glass...just left out and placed it on top of the saucer as called for the ritual.

Well the first night it was ok, about the third day around 6:00am, I smelled something weird...my whole master bedroom (where I have my altar) caught on fire, (I was sleeping in the guest room which is in the other side of the house and I was alone).

I don't understand how this happened...the candle melted so fast, and all the oils on it, of course made it burn even faster. The Fire dept. and ambulance got here immediately, (I live like a block away from the FD) sooooo, the ambulance took me to the Hosp. for smoke inhalation.

(The person hasn't paid me the $4,000.00 he owes me for a loan I gave him 3 years ago, I won the case in court, but...I guess it is "an empty Judgement"). The damage to my house was $13,321.00.

Now, for any ritual that calls for candles not in the glass, I put them in an empty spaghetti sauce cans, :idea: and leave them in the the bathtub with a little bit of water into the bathtub...."just in case". :evil:

Thank you for listening, if you all have any suggestions? I love to hear them, or any input to this stupidity of mine.

Thanks again

Shery

blackforrest

Unread post by blackforrest » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:40 am

i have this really gigantic looking cage thats made of aluminum and covered in glass. its like a huge lantern, i basiscally put my candles inside and even if it gets knowed down, nothing will be burn other than the petition paper.
just to be more safe, u can put this huge lantern in a big plate of water and make sure nothingis above it.
i also tod maybe can burn the candles inside an old cage of my dog. the potty plate below can be filled with water and the cage can be locked so no kid or pets can reach it.
and even if things fall on it, they cant get it in.

Abraxas

Unread post by Abraxas » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:03 pm

alright, just couldn't help adding this.

My girl had a candle burning right next to a windowsill on one of those tall metal floor stands. So it was at the height of the sill. I wasn't home yet and she was laying on the couch right near the front door.

As I walk in the front door on that day, our VERY mystically inclined feline Aleister jumped out of the window to greet me right as I stood in the doorway. So my amazing all black buddy was STANDING DIRECTLY over the candle...the flame completely licking his belly. And...it was just no thing...he was busy greetin me with a "burrnuerp--burrnerp" that's his regular salutation (you know how when some talk they don't meow? well he "burrnerps!" which I'm just now realizing is pretty ironic cause it sounds just like an intonation of BURN_ERP (up?) hah.

Anyway, he catches fire, she's not realizing why I'm smacking the hell out of his belly to put it out and then he just moseys around like it's no biggie, damn I Iove him. He was singed up and down w/ no lasting damage but he was in fact ON FIRE.

OP-Thanks for reminding me--as I type this there's a reversal candle burning (downNdirty style) on the underneath of our toilet...went and closed the door.

my best 2 all

IBMagnet

Unread post by IBMagnet » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi,

I just did something incredibly stupid!!! I created a fire hazard.

I wanted to do a spell focusing on me and the things I want: financial freedom, general love and control over debts. :arrow:

I performed the 3 candle spell for the archengeals (Rafael, Gabriel and Michael) that LM and some forum readers discussed. I placed sugar, $1 dollar bill, business card (of a lawyer assisting me in a lawsuit)(5-spot of prepared olive oil), a letter from a debt collector, coins, sugar-covered ginger roots on a dish over my picture (with 5-spots of prepared olive oil). Prepared olive oil: I added these organic herbs to extra virgin olive oil: olive oil +rosemary+catnip+basil+thyme+cloves. :idea: I had three candles total (red, green and purple) for each of my wishes. The candle company claims that they are prepared with essential oils of pachouli, frankencense, myrrh, cinamon, clove,nutmeg, citronella, lemon balm, cedar and heather. I still dressed the candles with my prepared olive oil.

I read my petition on the candles, placed my picture under a dish. Placed the whole tging on a white dinner cloth over the highest place in my aprtment.

The stupid part: I went shopping and I returned several hours later to a smoked house, broken dish, burned cloth and incinarated money, card, letter!!! :o :? I am thankful that the fire was isolated and didn't spread and make damage beyond my offerings. ;)

What should I do now? I was planning to do a 3-day prayer. to draw the candles close toward the end. Dusing my shopping I even got cardamon powder (is that ok? the grain kind was very expensive), I got cinamon stick. I was planning to further the work in a seperate candle spell.

I know the spell itself didn't call for all this work but I have learned so much from this forum that I felt brave enough to add my personal touch. :oops:

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:22 pm

well use smaller candles, less herbs and less oil. place them in safe holders and stay with them while they burn, spell work is work but we cant be neglectful of our suroundings when doing work. I recall the spell you selected it calls for 3 candles to the 3 angels. I would start completely over, remove the items and put em in a cross road, clean the area ( cleanse) and start over. I know a friend who did this spell but used 3 plain novea candles on a high shelf in her home ..highest safe place to put em, she worked it the time the candles burned. hope this helps. and merry christmas :)
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

IBMagnet

Unread post by IBMagnet » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:40 pm

How many days should I cleanse? I am taking my granda to midnight mass. Will holy water help?

I was indeed neglectful not to encase the candles. I will use more precautions the next time. So i should use white novenas and dedicate each candle to a saint?

Merry Christmas to all.

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:52 pm

ya get some holy water, make a spiritual bath and cleanse you can use the water to cleanse the area or use chinese wash or amonia . you can use white, or use the colors associated with each angel or use the color associated with each wish ( which is what it sounds like you did at first). you dont need to use novea as the spell called for 3candles to be burned for each cause. But if you wanted to do it over 7 days then yes id use novea candles. LM sells and dresses them for you if you tell em what each candle is for ( love, money, etc) which is a good deal lol. id burn em at the highest safe point in your house.. as most houses high point is an attic ( not safe lol). you can add a pic of each saint also and put the petition under each candle. As for cleansing id do it as long as you feel but id do atleast 3 -9 and up to 13. depends how much you feel is on you and you need off. Sometimes one bath does the trick sometimes its 13 use your intuition for this and what feels right to you.

IBMagnet

Unread post by IBMagnet » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:56 pm

Thank you.

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:19 am

Dear IBMagnet, It is the most simplest spell of all spells... you did not have to do so much, no matter what your requests are....

I used 3 tea candles (no dressing), placed them in aluminium foil dish, and prayed, I spent about 10 mints... X 3 days... On the fourth day you will get an answer or a sign to your petition depensing on your situation, you can take from there......

they are angels, they are kind, loving and understanding towards your prayers and present circumstance, even before you start the nvn, they know your desires... you don't have to try so hard with number of oils and candles and rituals... You don't have to impress them, my dear.......

take it easy and try again... maybe cleanse yourself first with a bath......

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

IBMagnet

Unread post by IBMagnet » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:51 pm

Hi stelselv, thank you so very much for the enouragement. I will keep things simple and safe next time.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:29 am

The flame of my LM skull candle was huge the first day and there was balck soot in the form of a mini tornado moving up [twirling around]. I have never seen anything like that from LM candles. I'm not sure if this is a divination question but if someone has used the candle and had the same exp it will help. I've always used small candles & adam eve at the max not big ones like skulls. the was extremely soft thought it did not melt & fall to the side it was burning nice, flame 2 inches letting off soot which was almost reaching half the room height.

Any help & also from safety perpective is it ok? Due to the soot reaching that high i was a lil scared if it can pose a fire hazard.

Anyone who has used these candles kindly help.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:19 pm

Always be cautious when using candles. But there has been a lot of discussion on candle divination. Black soot and high flames can mean several things...have you had a reading to see what is going on with your target?
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:47 pm

no i just had a reading and then started the spell so probably will get one after 3 weeks...

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:22 pm

If you have a lot of herbs or oils on the candle sometimes it will burn like that. I dont know if this candle was for love or to cause torment, but I would say that the tornado of black soot could mean that the person is in turmoil, or perhaps confused. I think a reading would definitely help you figure this out better. But I have burned similar candles as skulls and they do do let off some black smoke in the beginning because of all the herbs and oils I have on them.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:08 pm

Thank you stars!! That does give a perspective - he is confused i guess to take a very imp decision. I had no herbs but quite a bit of oil.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:52 pm

Was on my second day working my Crown of Success Kit, did my bath water my mojo bag the first day and everything was perfect and then repeated candles work the second day, walked out the room, laid down, dozed off, and my husband smelled candles burning, went to check, and found my entire Altar was in flames... I had 4 drawers with all my New Items I purchased from lucky Mojo. I was in tears, I have no clue to what to do now... my second order has not arrived and now I don't have the other things they go with... I am in a state of shock right now, this is very mind blowing, I just feel that something weird going on, my husband threw all the melted wax candles, honey jars, petitions, oils, you name it in the garbage before I knew it. HELP!!!!!
Happy I found LM I love this place
Thank You St. Expedite 4 help and St. Michael 4 protection

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:59 pm

I'm sorry about the fire Crescent Moon.
I don't have any good advice except to maybe call the LM Shop and (if you have a Fed Ex account ONLY they can Fed ex; however, you must have your own FED EX set up according to what I have read.)
Thank GOD You and your husband and your home are OK.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:08 pm

Thank you. Yes we are very lucky, the entire Altar up in flames, it was sitting very close to my Dresser with my clothes only in it but only the very front of that burned, we poured so much water over the fire that it left a huge mess to clean and I am still not finished, yeah my order was huge and it was the first time I'd ever were able to order cause I haven't had a jobs in over two years, finally I get to work a temporary job and spent over ah Hundreds dollars in supply and this happens..:(

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:13 pm

what do you mean, I can call them and get help? I can't reorder this is my last week working this temp position. I am hoping and praying that some one calls me for another temp til I can get a permanent job, that is one of the reasons I was working the Crown of Success.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:43 pm

I am sorry for your lost in this unfortunate situation. If you think something weird is going on, try and get a 10 minute reading to see what is going on. if you want you can have Missionary Independent Spiritual Church light a free emergency candle for you til you are able to get back on your feet.

Well, luckily you are okay. It could have been much worse, and this is just a lesson learned about fire safety. And make sure you cleanse your home during this time as well.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:58 am

If you really are out of work and need help, AIRR has a pro bono fund that supplies free altar supplies. I send monthly boxes of Lucky Mojo products to the the fund, which is administered by Miss Michaele of AIRR. I only supply protection, job-getting, and court-case products to the pro bono fund, as i figure those are the greatest areas in which folks have a need but lack resources to purchase. In order to be considered for the pro bono fund, you need to be sponsored by an AIRR member. You cannot apply on your own. Several AIRR members provide ten minute readings for ten dollars. I am one of these and Miss Bri is another. I believe that Elvyra Love does sop as well.

If you call the Lucky Mojo shop, you may ask to schedule an emergency ten minute reading with me. You must pre-pay via Paypal, or no scheduling can be done. I do not know your name, so please not only give your real name and phone number to the one who handles your scheduling at the shop, but also mention that you are known as Crescent Moon on the Lucky Mojo forum and that i said it was okay to schedule you for an emergency ten-minute reading and to make note of your screen name on your event notice. (They will know how to handle this -- they do it all the time.)

During the reading, i will set you up with the pro bono fund for some quick replacement goods. It will not cover everything, of course, but you may be able to get a few important things replacement items.

Do this soon, as it will take a few days to process.
catherine yronwode

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:37 am

Cat to the rescue! Very nice of you...

This thread makes me really want to donate to the pro bono fund this year. After I pay for the course...maybe as a Christmastime present!

Good luck Crescent Moon!

-Joseph M.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 am

Aww you all are so kind Thank you Thank you Ms Cat... I have been in shock every since, I did call Lucky Mojo this morning, and I am setting up a 10 minute reading, just waiting for the call back from AIRR support. I really do love the fact that there is true help here c I was so worried and scared,
every single item I purchased burned and being my first time trying this scared the mess out of me. I feel so much better to know there is Help and guidance... and to show my thanks when I am back on my feet and working steady I will make a donation as well to show my appreciation, to help someone else like me. Thank you all so much again
Crescent Moon

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:07 am

Update LM Family... Got my emergency reading with Ms. Cat... first I want to mention Ms. Cat is such an Amazing Women!!!! she came to my aid with no hesitation and I am so proud of her, she helped me with ease and Grace and was right on point.

So my fire was not a mishap on my part which I did have a strong feeling about, when I saw my altar in flames I felt strongly something very strange was happening and Ms Cat pick that up almost instantly.

Some ex co workers that really hate me for not a good enough reason plays a huge part... of my inferno :(

Ms Cat offered to replace some of my products from the AIRR pro bono fund so that I can get back up and running and I am so grateful.

Thank You once again, Ms Cat! xoxo

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 am

You are very welcome. It was a pleasure to talk to you, and a package is on its way to you as we speak.
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Glad that you got what you needed, and I truly hope you get blessed with what you hope for.

Crescent Moon

Unread post by Crescent Moon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Yay! I got my pro bono fund package today!!!!!, Thank you so so much!!
Ms. Cat, I can get my steady work going and Crown of success.
I do have one question what day would you suggest I do my COS ? I was doing it on Sundays .....Many Many Thanks!!!:)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:08 pm

Glad you got the package.

Thursday is for expansive Jupiter. Sunday is good for any sort of blessing.
catherine yronwode

Messager In NY

Unread post by Messager In NY » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:21 pm

Hi out there. tonight i did A Reverse/Uncrossing. at my place. I dress the candle and put it on a mirror. then I put down the names that I want away from me. there was 6 of them. when I lite the candle. and then the paper it fell in front of the candle. In 3 to 4 minutes the whole thing was on fire , and the mirror broke in 6 pieces. it took about 10 min's before all the fire was out. then i cleaned out all the stuff

Can some one out there tell me why this happen like this . Good blessing

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:01 pm

We cannot tell you why it happened the way that it did. You will have to get a reading that is going to give insight into your situation.

http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html You can read this link and see if you can get somewhat of an idea of what is going on in your situation.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Hello Messager In NY, read here about candle divinations similar to your outcome http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA9

Was this a LM fixed candle, or a candle you purchased elsewhere?

Messager In NY

Unread post by Messager In NY » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:09 pm

thank you all for your reply, good blessing always

Messager In NY

Unread post by Messager In NY » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:55 pm

that was a great site u told me about Woow thank u so much for that ... a lot about candle's there

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:38 pm

Hi, Messenger in NY --

Well, when your whole spell catches on fire and the mirror breaks like that -- it's "Katy bar the door!" You have an enemy. Your enemy, the person on whom you are reversing that work is fighting back -- and HARD! Be careful. You did right in cleaning it up, but this is a sign that the person is aware that you are fighting back and seriously wants to stop you from uncrossing and reversing the situation.

Good luck, my friend. Take care.
catherine yronwode

Messager In NY

Unread post by Messager In NY » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 am

Thank U so much for that Cat . I was thinking the same thing. should I stop . or try so thing els ..?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 am

In situations like that Messager In NY, get a reading and ask for coaching on what to do next. Look thorough AIRR (Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers) and identify a reader/rootworker who will work with you (or for you) on this situation. http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

You might consider calling LM to get lights set for you on this situation while you wait for your reading.

In the meantime, keep protection going, review this list for http://www.luckymojo.com/protectionspells.html

Bat Nuts (http://www.luckymojo.com/batnut.html) are great protective curios used to ward off evil and keep your enemies away.

thanks

Unread post by thanks » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:12 am

HELP!
I spilled red candle wax on light carpet.
It's a novena candle. So it was a really thin dark liquid. Now it's dry, but the carpet soaked it up and left a dark red spot.
I also splashed some on a white wall. I'm more worried about the carpet, though, because it's not mine
What works ( and doesnt work) for you
Thank you so much for your help
THANK YOU SAINT EXPEDITE

Believe129

Unread post by Believe129 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 8:03 am

Hi Thanks.
What I did to clean up wax from my carpet was: lay a towel on top of the area and iron it. Let the wax become soft and remove it when you see its possible. After I removed all I could, I got a little toothbrush with soap and removed the rest of the wax....
You might want to do a Google search to see other methods to remove it!
Good luck!
Thank you for protecting me Santa Muerte.

wolfmoon
Newly Registered

Unread post by wolfmoon » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:04 pm

I have done this also :roll: . I took a blow dryer over the wax on the carpet and it all came up like a charm! Like believe I then used a soap wash to clean the spot.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:27 pm

You can place candles that need to burn continuously in any sinks that you may have while you are out if you are worried about it being knocked over. I would clean the sink well and state an intention to use it as part of the spell before using it in that manner.

You can also place the candle into a saucer, plate, or bowl with sand on the altar to help diffuse any heat, and give it a safe landing place should the candle have a problem of some sort.

Generally speaking, I've never had a problem with a candle that was dangerous. I've had a 7-day crack - all was well, despite some leaked wax - and I've had cheap glass candle holders break when a candle end got too hot. Both of those occured while I was not at home, and with candles on my altar.

Others may have more suggestions.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Shany

Unread post by Shany » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:06 pm

I'm about to order some fixed candles for my relationship and money but I've been staying at my boyfriend's house and I don't want to burn those candles at his place since I want to burn them continuously in 120 hours. If I burn them at my place and leave (of course I would take care of the candles so no accident would happen), will they still work well?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:09 pm

yes they will still work you do not need to stay with the candles though id stress taking extra care in making sure they are in a safe burning enviorment, I believe cat has talked about burning em in a fire place, a stove, or even a ceramic ( make sure nothing around to set fire like curtain etc.. iv burned em before on a table in a pan filled with sand in case they got too hot or caught fire or something ..never had a problem.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:16 am

I agree with j82, just follow safety precautions. Good Luck on your work!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:40 am

You can put a vigil candle in a dish of water also.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:59 pm

Good idea! A square cake pan full of salt or clean sand is another good fireproofing choice.

I've burned pull-outs all free-standing without mishap. I always put them on a holder designed for pillar candles, or at least a nice wide saucer. I never use more than a few drops of oil on any size candle. I tend to dress them by rolling them in melted wax sprinkled with herbs. If I was doing the 99-pepper-corns-on-a-candle spell I'd take more serious fireproofing measures.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:37 am

MissMichaele wrote:. If I was doing the 99-pepper-corns-on-a-candle spell I'd take more serious fireproofing measures.
As someone who has done that particular spell a few times I strongly suggest to anyone that feels they need it that they invest in a candle lantern. I've seen it happen to where a pepper corn or two, or a whole lot, will pop and go flying so a candle lantern is the safest, easiest thing to use in my estimation.
HRCC Student #1559

September13

Unread post by September13 » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:09 am

I once caught a tablecloth on fire because the candle was unbalanced. Ever since I've always kept a small bucket of water on hand.
"As above, so below; as below, so above."
- The Kyballion

BLindstrom
HRCC Student

Unread post by BLindstrom » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:14 am

"Better safe than sorry" is a term I use when it comes to candleburning safety. Since we live out in the woods, it is almost 2 hours drive from the nearest firedepartment. So it is obvious that we have the neccesseties ready if the candles "behave badly" Also living in an old 1800- century wooden house the candle burning safty rules is vere strict here.
I often use metal trays filled with sand or if that is not possible I make sure that there are a fire extinguisher in the room.

Miss Benedikte

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:38 pm

Burn your candles on cooking sheets or in a bowl or plate. It can prevent most of the time from burning a tablecloth or table.

pugpaws

Unread post by pugpaws » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi, I have a question. If some rootwork calls for burning a candle for 7 days but I feel it is a fire hazard, is there an alternative, or a way to pray over it when blowing it out to leave the house to keep it's essence going? I live in a small apartment with too much stuff and the structure itself is more flammable than others (pre-fab construction as opposed to, say, cinder block) and there was a deadly fire in the complex years ago. I in no way feel safe leaving the house with a candle burning. In a case like mine, is better to just use something besides a 7 day candle? Or is there some way to, like i said, say a prayer or something over the candle when I blow it out to leave the house?

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”