Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
koschei

Re: Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Unread post by koschei » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:20 pm

I have a couple of simple questions:

Do the glass encased vigil candles that come fixed need to be prepared in any way before they are burned?

Also, besides occasionally reciting a psalm or prayer, does anything else need to be done in order to assure the candle's effectiveness; e.g. a ritual?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:43 am

koschei: Yes the vigil candles come fixed unless you state otherwise that you would like to fix them yourself, as many do. You can also add a name paper or petition paper to the side or underneath the candle.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

talismanpower

Unread post by talismanpower » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:46 am

Recently i bought a candle from the online shop. I felt better after getting the it. I had got to know on the precautions. I am really curious to know all precautions while using it. As this is my first time, i would request to give me all information or link where i can find all the rules needed for using ritual candles effectively.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:20 am

Hi talismanpower,

to learn how to best use your candle, start by reading the page on burning candles in the Hoodoo tradition: http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html. After that, if you still have questions, look through the forum threads dealing with different types of candles in this section: ritual-candles-and-lamps-in-hoodoo,-roo ... ls-f9.html

Finally, if your questions aren't answered within the pre-existing threads, then ask them in the forum, preferably in a thread appropriate to the type of candle you are burning!

Blessings and success in your works.
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

cherish

Unread post by cherish » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Hello,

I would like to know, is it recommended to pray over a glass vigil light everyday or is it a personal preference?
E.g. Love Me Candle

Thank you.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 am

Hi cherish,

As far as I understand, it's a personal preference, although others will no doubt have more detailed advice for you. Certainly, constantly fuelling the flame with your prayers can help. That said, the candles are prayed over when they are made, your petition is below or taped to the light and the flame carries your petition to the Powers Above. Therefore, the flame itself acts as a vehicle of your intention in the same way incense smoke carries your prayers to Spirit.

Blessings.
Aura Laforest

Humming_Bird

Unread post by Humming_Bird » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:40 pm

My reader recommended me to buy an Adam and Eve and Return to Me candle. I also got a Stay With Me candle. I'm trying to get my bf to contact me after three weeks of not hearing from him and to keep him close. What order should I burn these candles?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:20 pm

Return to Me, Stay With Me, then Adam & Eve.
Joseph Magnuson

Unread post by Newbie » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:16 am

Does the vigil candle go out by itself at the end?
The base of the glass gets pretty hot towards the end, so is it safe to leave the petition paper and photo below the candle till the end? (i kept our photo and petition below the glass encase vigil candle)
What should i do with the petition paper and photo after the vigil candle is done?

Thank you.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:48 pm

newbie wrote:Does the vigil candle go out by itself at the end?
The base of the glass gets pretty hot towards the end, so is it safe to leave the petition paper and photo below the candle till the end? (i kept our photo and petition below the glass encase vigil candle)
What should i do with the petition paper and photo after the vigil candle is done?

Thank you.
With the glass vigils I burn, I tape the petition to the side of the candle. I have not ever had a problem with this. I suspect that placing the petiton under the candle will also not be a problem, since the side of the glass actaully gets hotter than beneath it, since heat rises.

The vigil candles do go out on there own between 5 to 7 days.

The traditional disposal of the pictures and petiton paper is more of a deployment, sending the spell to work on its own.

Find out more about ritual remains here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Best of Luck to You!
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

Unread post by Newbie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Thank You Apollo Dark.

Emjae

Unread post by Emjae » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:47 pm

My apologies if this question is in the wrong place or has been asked before. I searched and could not quite find what I was looking for.

I understand the "3 day, 3 weeks, 3 months" guidelines when doing work, and I realize it is not a hard fast rule, but a way of seeing how your work is progressing. I also understand backing up work that you are doing by working in tandem with a worker and one of you will take the lead. You do the work and they back it up or vice versa.

My question is this: how does reinforcement of the work come into play?

For example, let's say I do a commanding skull candle, or a breakup kit. How would I know if the work requires reinforcement and when would I perform the reinforcement? I realize the work is not instantaneous, so would I follow the 3x3x3 guidelines and perhaps reinforce the work after 3 days, or 3 weeks? Would reinforcement involve performing the same work again or perhaps attacking it from a different angle?

I know that sometimes one working is sufficient while in more complex situations it could require different works to cover all the bases.

I did not see anything in Miss. Cat's book so I thought I would ask my questions here. Thank you so much for your assistance.
Thank you Saint Martha, Saint Jude and Saint Anthony! Words are so small!!!!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:10 pm

You could get a reading to find out if you need reinforcement of your work. www.readersandrootworkers.org
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Emjae

Unread post by Emjae » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:21 pm

Thank you Mama Micki for the response. I do have a worker doing my work as my situation is complex. My question was more for my own knowledge as I am always trying to learn. I do not like to bother my rootworker with too many questions, so I thought I would ask here.
Thank you Saint Martha, Saint Jude and Saint Anthony! Words are so small!!!!

Isolte
HRCC Student

Unread post by Isolte » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:26 pm

I was wondering the same thing...would vigil candles or oil lamps be considered good reinforcement/back-up? Maybe baths and oils? This is such good question!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Emjae wrote:I understand the "3 day, 3 weeks, 3 months" guidelines when doing work, and I realize it is not a hard fast rule, but a way of seeing how your work is progressing. I also understand backing up work that you are doing by working in tandem with a worker and one of you will take the lead. You do the work and they back it up or vice versa.

My question is this: how does reinforcement of the work come into play?
When I say "backing up" spell work I mean "reinforcing," and vice versa. Either can be done by yourself or by your rootworker -- that is, you can work on it as a team or you can do it all.
For example, let's say I do a commanding skull candle, or a breakup kit. How would I know if the work requires reinforcement
Reinforce your work if the results of the initial spell are weak, tepid, meh, or evanescent.
and when would I perform the reinforcement? I realize the work is not instantaneous, so would I follow the 3x3x3 guidelines and perhaps reinforce the work after 3 days, or 3 weeks?
Assuming a normal capacity for faith and patience, wait until you see the work is falling short. This assumes that you see no really frightening or crushing contraindications, such as a Reconciliation candle resulting in a restraining order from your target.
Would reinforcement involve performing the same work again or perhaps attacking it from a different angle?
I would (perhaps) be more inclined to repeat the work -- turn one candle into a series, say -- if we saw some signs or movement. Otherwise, I would probably try a different kind of work. Not even necessarily a Reconciliation honey jar instead of more Reconciliation candles: I might need to do healing and blessing work, tie a man's nature, or hotfoot a love rival, for instance, before I had a clear field for Reconciliation work.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Emjae

Unread post by Emjae » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:15 am

Oh Miss Michaele! Thank you so much!!! I truly appreciate the in depth response! That is exactly what I was trying to understand!

As I said, I prefer to place more complex situations in the hands of my amazing AIRR worker, but I am always looking to learn as much as I can! Thank you again! :D

greeneyes2

Unread post by greeneyes2 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:33 am

Yes helper lights LOVE THIS ..and have incorporated in my work.. I did 3 tea lights along my rejoining path of oils to light the way .on each tea light is its own specific oil of the 3 on the return path. Adam & Eve,Road Opener & Come To Me..
Road Opener in my case is busting up obstacles/excuses Coming to me ..Eve.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:49 am

Jules6186: I will do this as well. I usually form a triangle of 4" tapers around a lot of the vigil candle work I am doing, dressing them in the same way I used to dress the vigil itself. I use a regular upright triangle for drawing/positive work and an upside down triangle for banishing/negative works.
Joseph Magnuson

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:52 am

I also add symbols (like hearts) around the sides of the tealights with a red or pink sharpie. Every little bit helps.
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834

CrystalClear

Unread post by CrystalClear » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:30 pm

Hi All,

I would like to know the difference between jinxing and crossing an enemy (vigil candle lights).

Thank you

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:24 am

Hi Fresh_Start,

The actions of the two formulas are similar (same family), some of the ingredients differ and the choice of one over the other tends to come down to the practitionner's personal preference. As stated in the description of Jinxing products which should help further clarify the difference: ''Jinxing is similar to Crossing a person, and the word "jinxed" is sometimes used as a synonym for "crossed," but jinxing is more often done to steal or to destroy someone's luck than to doom or curse them.''
Aura Laforest

chelebelle9
HRCC Student

Unread post by chelebelle9 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:52 pm

Hello everyone. I am burning a vigil candle in my home in sections. I was wondering once the candle is finished, how do I dispose of the glass candle holder? I was reading about how to dispose of leftovers properly but didn't see anything on the actual glass. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you :-)
HRCC Student #1969

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:43 pm

Hello, beautifulcreole1 ,
I usually don't dispose of my glass candles. I recycle them
I just clean them out and save them for a rainy day.
If you decide to re-use them, make sure that you also clean it out spiritually with Chinese Wash or 4 Thieves Vinegar.
Hope this helps
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

chelebelle9
HRCC Student

Unread post by chelebelle9 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:59 am

Great idea! Thanks Miss Aida ;-)
HRCC Student #1969

dave peterson
HRCC Student

Unread post by dave peterson » Wed May 07, 2014 8:38 am

Can anyone recommend a good way to dispose of glass novena candle holders? (The kind for novenas and also vigil candles like for road opening, etc.) Does LM reuse these? I am starting to amass several of them, and it has been nice having a few around but I think I may quickly reach the point where it's nice to have one that I've worked with recently around for awhile and then let go of it. However, I don't want to do anything to jeopardize the work either, so I would greatly appreciate any advice about that. Thanks in advance.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted." --Saint Groucho Marx

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Wed May 07, 2014 11:23 am

Recycling the glass is a environmentally respectful way of disposing of them dave peterson; and it won't affect the work in any way.
Aura Laforest

Shantilly Lace

Unread post by Shantilly Lace » Wed May 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Take them to hospitals to be used as vases. They seem to really appreciate them.

dave peterson
HRCC Student

Unread post by dave peterson » Thu May 08, 2014 6:51 am

Thank you aura and Shantilly Lace for your advice. They both sound like great ideas.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted." --Saint Groucho Marx

Jasmine22

Unread post by Jasmine22 » Thu May 22, 2014 12:27 pm

hey everyone, quick question. can i dress an already fixed vigil candles with its corresponding oil? for instance, i bought a fixed crown of success vigil candle, can i still dress it with oil even though it's already been fixed?

Jasmine22

Unread post by Jasmine22 » Thu May 22, 2014 1:09 pm

Also, can I burn a COS, Dr. Jose Hernandez Vigil candle, and a Road blocker candle at the same time? When i burn them, is it alright for them to be near one another or should i wait for one to completely burn out, and then start on the next one?

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Thu May 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Jasmine22 wrote:hey everyone, quick question. can i dress an already fixed vigil candles with its corresponding oil? for instance, i bought a fixed crown of success vigil candle, can i still dress it with oil even though it's already been fixed?
they already fix it with the oil. all it needs is your petition. you can anoint the petition with your oil

Jasmine22

Unread post by Jasmine22 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:55 pm

thank you sarafina, do you know if i can light the COS, road blocker, and Dr Hernandez vigil candle at the same time? or do i have to light the road blocker first, let that one burn out then light the other two?

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Thu May 22, 2014 9:13 pm

the church I believe light different candles at the same time so sure

however I would personally do an uncrossing bath. light a road open candle, do a reading via AIRR or HooDoo Pyschics asking about the wax or anything that might have happened while that wasz burning, and go from there. do you will know if there are obstacles to tackle before starting adding work. you know what I mean?

Jasmine22

Unread post by Jasmine22 » Fri May 23, 2014 10:27 am

thank you so much sarafina! after i finish burning the road opener ill take your advice get a reading with the hoodoo psychics. i just hope my order gets here on time, the decision email will be arriving anywhere between June 13-17.. Here's praying!

kandyspop

Unread post by kandyspop » Sat May 31, 2014 10:19 pm

This might sound weird but i was wondering if i could cover my blockbuster candle with tape because i don't want people to see it. My family is coming over i don't want them to see it same with my love candle i bought?
Last edited by MissMichaele on Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Retitled for clarity

kandyspop

Unread post by kandyspop » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Somebody helppp i have nowhere to hide them and don't want to turn them off

Sarafina

Unread post by Sarafina » Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:02 pm

remove the labels or use black tape

OR snuff out the flame(dont blow it out) and wait til they leave

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:27 pm

If this is a concern then you may want to consider, and would highly recommend, ordering a Unlabelled Vigil. This can help minimize the worry about others getting up in your business. Something to consider for future orders.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:00 am

kandyspop, unless your relatives are very nosy and rude, you could just turn the labels to the wall until they leave.

Snuffing candles and hiding them -- even under the bed in a paper bag -- is traditional, too.

Good luck,

Miss Michaele

kandyspop

Unread post by kandyspop » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Thank you everyone for the help!

ladystars

Unread post by ladystars » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:45 am

Hello!

It's currently waning moon and I'm trying to figure out the best color candle, oil, and herbs to remove blocks from my relationship. The guy I want has not called, texted, or emailed me back for a month. I plan to do love spell work during the waxing moon , but I'm having difficult time choosing what I need to bring down these blocks between us. I do not want any commanding oils or anything pushy. I'm trying to stay away from that. Please help!
PS I was was thinking of an orange vigil candle with road opener during the waning moon, but I read that is best during waxing? Please help me !

Thank you!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:54 pm

Hello, ladystars,

I personally do Road opening spells during a waxing moon. But, many rootwokers don't work with the moon phases so, it's up to you.

What about Blockbuster to bring down the blocks? www.luckymojo.com/blockbuster.html

I hope this helps

Wishing you the very best
HRCC Graduate #1631

XxDarkHorseXx

Unread post by XxDarkHorseXx » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:03 am

Hello People :)

I Am new on this website and I need a bit of help basically I have a court case next year and i am planing on setting lights for me and my dad by myself the candles that I am lighting are

Money Drawing Vigil candle

Success Vigil Candle

Fast Luck Vigil Candle

Road opener Vigil Candle

John The conqueror Vigil Candle

and two compelling vigils on two people the defendant to tell the truth and the judge to favour my case and side with me

i just wanted to know can we add are personal concerns in the candle such as urine blood hair etc ... also should we light all the vigil candles on the day we have court or light them before we have court

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:10 pm

Hello, XxDarkHorseXx ,

Yes, you can add personal concerns.

But I would not light all of them at one time. I would wait until closer to the court date and then light one vigil at a time and concentrate on one request at a time.

When I cast spells for a certain day, I try to make sure that they are finished at least a few days before the certain date. That's because I want to get all that energy already working.

Wishing success with your court case
HRCC Graduate #1631

XxDarkHorseXx

Unread post by XxDarkHorseXx » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:47 pm

Thank you miss aida :D

one more thing I was thinking of doing a beef tongue spell to get someone to boil the tongue for me while I am in court but I had a spiritual reading that he's going to bring two of his friends and speak on his behalf.

I want his friends to shut up in court and I want to put them in the tongue but I don't know who he is going to bring but could I guess I think its one male and one female can I put any random pictures in tongue if I don't know who's coming and when getting their picture do I fold it away from me or towards me

Thanks Again

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi XxDarkHorseXx,

Here is a link telling you how to do the beef tongue spell: www.luckymojo.com/courtcase.html#beeftongue. You will see in the article, that the beef tongue is to be started by you before you go to court and continue to boil while in court. This helps silence the person in question or any witnesses.

You could do a general Stop Gossip Vigil and include in the petition to " Shut up all friends of Name person". This covers all his friends :)

Good Luck!
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

XxDarkHorseXx

Unread post by XxDarkHorseXx » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:48 am

Hey

Thanks Melanie :D

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi XxDarkHorseXx,

You are so welcome! :)
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

GucciGirl13

Unread post by GucciGirl13 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:05 pm

Hello Everyone!

I could use some input on which candle would be approriate for my situation....

My twin daugters currently attend private school and I am trying to get them accepted into a new charter/public school for next year. The schools only accept new students through a lottery draw (which is totally RANDOM). I had a set of 3 "Lucky 13" candles burning for the past few weeks. I got rejection letters from all 4 schools as of Monday. Needless to say, I'm a little bummed, but have NOT lost HOPE ;) . The first candle in my run was positive, the second showed some obstacles & delays. The third one is currently burning and waiting to hear the result of that one.

I did find out that there is another drawing for one of the schools on Feb 7th and I also have a friend that is trying to help me get into another through a relative of his. It was suggested that I add another candle "Crown of Success". However, when I talked to someone at the church they suggested "Victory". I was also reading about "St. Expedite".

Any suggestions or past luck with these candles??

Thanks!
Tracy ;-)

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:43 am

Hello GucciGirl13,

Victory or Crown Of Success both sound like candles that are well suited to your situation. I am personally fond of Crown of Success products so I would likely go with that one. For the St. Expedite candle if you already have a good working relationship with him you can of course use a candle to petition him. Hope this is helpful!

Peace~

Nathren

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:56 pm

GucciGirl, no reason you couldn't use them all! And another choice -- Block Buster!
Good luck,

Miss Michaele

GucciGirl13

Unread post by GucciGirl13 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:58 am

Thank you Miss Michaele! I just read about Block buster & really like the idea of that one! I may order that one, then follow up with a Victory or Crown of Success :-)

GucciGirl13

Unread post by GucciGirl13 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:31 pm

Just an update on my situation....I had a "Crown of Success" candle & a "Saint Expedite" candle lit last WED 2/4. I received a letter today saying that BOTH of my daughters got accepted into one of the charter schools that we applied to!!!

THANK YOU SAINT EXPEDITE!!! You are TRULY AMAZING & SO FAST too!!! WOW, I am in AWE?!! ;-) ;-)

Thank you to lucky mojo for praying over my candles & helping me with my requests.

Destiny23
Newly Registered

Unread post by Destiny23 » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi I'm new to The forum and also new to candle magic and I just have a question that I wanted to ask. I am now trying to work with the crown of success candle on my own to help me with my studies in college, should I write a petition paper and tape it to my candle before lighting it? Or is it ok to just pray over the candle before I light it and that will be just as effective? Please help

AlyssaH
HRCC Student

Unread post by AlyssaH » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:24 am

GucciGirl13 wrote:Just an update on my situation....I had a "Crown of Success" candle & a "Saint Expedite" candle lit last WED 2/4. I received a letter today saying that BOTH of my daughters got accepted into one of the charter schools that we applied to!!!

THANK YOU SAINT EXPEDITE!!! You are TRULY AMAZING & SO FAST too!!! WOW, I am in AWE?!! ;-) ;-)

Thank you to lucky mojo for praying over my candles & helping me with my requests.
That's AWESOME! Congrats!

I've got a question about burn times. If you have your candles in more of an enclosed space, that's a bit warmer, can that contribute to your candles burning more quickly? I started 3 yesterday morning & they're all about a quarter gone. It does seem rather quick. I know that can be a sign on the work, but maybe not if the candles are in a warmer area???
HRCC Student #1989

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:46 pm

Hello, Destiny 23

Welcome to the forum!

If you get a chance (and wish to do so), please introduce yourself on the introduction thread.

I would make a petition paper and place it under the candle.

And I would also pray.

Wishing you the best

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:48 pm

Hello, AlyssaH ,

Simple physics!

Yes, it can affect the burn time

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Destiny23
Newly Registered

Unread post by Destiny23 » Tue May 05, 2015 6:05 pm

Thank you miss aida for your advice

Merienda

Unread post by Merienda » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:32 am

I have a love me vigil for me and my ex going 24/7. I place the vigil on top of the petition. Is it okay to use the same petition everytime I set a new light or do I have to redo the petition everytime I set a new light?

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”