Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
suzyparker

Re: Lucky Mojo Vigil Light Questions and Answers (non MISC)

Unread post by suzyparker » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:15 am

What a year... it started off awful and it's ending on a sad note... lots of layoffs where I work (I've survived), one of my best friends has cancer and is doing better physicially but is depressed and moody and our friendship is suffering- just lots of stuff going wrong for everyone it seems and I'm worried about what next year holds - where will we be, will we all still be here, etc.

So, I want to do a vigiil candle -not for love or money or a new job or anything specific - but I need something for ME to get my head back on straight. I'm exhausted, have hit the wall and can't see a light at the end of the tunnel right now, very very down

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks all. :cry:

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:21 am

Here are some ideas for vigil lights to burn for yourself: Tranquility, Healing, Blessing, Clarity, Peaceful Home

You might want to consider doing some cleansing baths and doing a good cleansing of your home to help move the residual negative energy from all those events away from you and your space. That would likely be very helpful in getting your head back on straight. The other candles can then help reinforce that.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

GoddessMojo

Unread post by GoddessMojo » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:07 pm

Hey suzyparker.
I can attest to the advice above. A good cleansing, literal and spiritual helps. It can be really hard, but just start with yourself. A good friend recently told me "place the air mask on yourself before assisting other passengers" in order to see myself clearly through difficult times.

I have been experiencing a similar year. I'd like to say that my experience using Master Key oil as a dressing for candles lit during my daily meditation and and to anoint myself with- particularly when headed into stressful meetings or days in general- has really helped me. My situation hasn't changed drastically, but I feel that I have a much better handle on things, and I have been able to stop feeling as low down despite continuing difficulties. I do feel it is assisting me with mastery over both my situation and my emotions. Hope that helps.

Chin up. :)
Thank you Saint Martha for hearing my petition and for your ongoing good works for myself and others.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:23 pm

Working with angels and/saints may be helpful. I like Archangel Metatron, who is the Angel of the Presence of God and is the "Angel of the New Age."
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:38 am

This is all good advice I am reading the information on the Master Root and the Master Key oil.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

thegoldman

Unread post by thegoldman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:44 pm

At my last residence, soot collected on the ceiling from burning candles over a period of a few years. Summer was the only time I'd open the windows since it was so darn cold outside!

I'm in another place now, and my altar is in my tiny bedroom. Is it ok to use candle lids on my LM glass candles? These are metal lids with decorative holes that help cut down on soot and protect the flames from ventilation drafts. I'm unable to burn my candles in an outdoor area, yet I don't want to do anything to the candles that may adversely affect my spell work.

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Not too sure about using lids on candles used for magical purposes. I think it may restrict the natural burn of the candle. Soot can pose a health problem over time in enclosed places, so you may want to consider other methods of spellwork or possibly have LM light candles for you on their altars. I've done this in the past few months (I was at the LM store when Ian prepared my candles and set them on the altars. I saw 1sthand the love and attention the workers put into the candles !!!!). Plus you get candle reports mailed to you on how the candle burned and an interpretation!

kittynmoon

Unread post by kittynmoon » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:40 pm

I also have used LM to burn the candles, and another added bonus is they do a really great job. They give it tons of energy and get great results. Sometimes I have them burn them when my house is for sale and I cant have the candles burning where prospective buyers might get freaked out. LM burning them for you is a great option to burning them yourselves if you are worried about the soot and pollution in your own home.

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:49 am

soot collected on the ceiling from burning candles over a period of a few years. Summer was the only time I'd open the windows since it was so darn cold outside!

I'm in another place now, and my altar is in my tiny bedroom.
I had a soot problem too and my bedroom is also tiny, and delivery of the LM candle to my location is very expensive.
at first, I placed the candle on a small book shelf and cover all the 5 sides (base, top, back, left and right) with aluminium foil... and of course attend to the candle... now I get my candles burnt at the LM church...

Hope you find a solution too.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hello

Unread post by hello » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:15 pm

I ordered two fixed vigil candles, however, i'm not planning to use them until the NEXT waning moon phase, so that's like in one month or so? anyway, i was wondering if the oils and herbs would go bad since they're already put inside the vigil candle?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm

No.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:00 pm

Herbs and oils have a good long shelf-life. I've heard of LM oils being kept and used after a couple years even. I personally go through them too quickly to know..

If you have a fixed vigil, it should have a long enough shelf life to last a while.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:57 pm

In addition to my own spell work, a rootworker is helping me achieve my goal. I'm doing my cleansing baths, using Cat's book as my guide and LM products for my spells, so I feel confident in my work.

There have been times when we're both burning vigil candles and our candles burn differently - I'm getting clean burns with both glass vigil and free-standing candles while my rootworker mentioned problems with some of my candles (one had to be relit a few times while another flowed wax all over the place).

I know that I'm more emotionally invested to obtaining a successful outcome - any ideas why we'd be getting different results if we share the same intentions and are working within the same time frame?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:42 pm

It may be something as simple as the quality of candles being used. It may also be that you two are working two different areas or aspects of the same goal.

Let the rootworker know of the situation of how you may be getting different signs from them. Of course this may not be the case and the rootworker will be able to divine what is going on exactly and also tell you what to look for. If nothing else, they will be able to shed light on the situation.

Furthermore, a clean burn does not always guarentee success.

kmew1315

Unread post by kmew1315 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:47 pm

The only thing I can think of would be that you could be working different angles of the same goal. For instance, if it's a love goal you're working towards, one of you might be working on getting the other person to think warm and fuzzy thoughts towards you and the other might be working on getting the other person to think sexual thoughts about you. You'd get different burns because the other person has genuinely caring thoughts about you, but not sexual ones (or vice versa). That's the only thing I can think of.

Edit - wow! I said the same thing as ConjureMan! I feel special now! :lol:
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

Flamethrower
HRCC Student

Unread post by Flamethrower » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Yeah, I know that clean burns aren't always a sign of successful spellwork, but I like getting those instead of sooty, broken glass burns! :)

Axia2

Unread post by Axia2 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:30 pm

Hello all...

I was reading the customer testimonials on the LM products and its got me thinking... and I realize its up to me personal preference wise but....

for lightly seasoned folks who practice magick on ocassion would it be better to nip time and trouble in the bud by just buying a dressed candle for a specific situation and call it a day OR would it be better to load up on products (and play detective to figure out what oil or powder belong on what personal item, or candle or tool??)

Also one of the testimonials made me feel a bit hopeful in helping me maybe rid of 4 neighbors who I would like to discreetly & quietly cause a bit of strife and have them move away from my neighborhood as well? I read all these pages on how I would need to be in the neighbors space to hot foot powder or oil them (which also leaves me thinking how much hot foot or banishing for them or protection oil for me of course would I really need?)

1) Are these dressed candles glass encased, but instead your candles come with all the necessary herbs powders and oils it needs to get the job done ASAP??

2) Would one glass encased candle be enough to take care of a situation one and for all or do I need to re touch up with more dressed candles in the future to keep the situation in the outcome I need it to stay in??

3) What is the name of the dressed candle to get rid of violent, nasty, trashy neighbors?

4) Is there one for finding a job?

5) Is there maybe one fr helping me win some money with lotto (which I occasionally play) so I can maybe go back to school for myself :|

Many thanks to you all.

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Unread post by J Simulcik » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:40 pm

You seem to have answered your own questions on the neighbors and are simply asking for verification. Use Hot Foot products to get them to GO!

Someone new to conjure would most likely do better to order prepared products from LM until they are more familiar with the system.

As for finding a job, Steady Work is probably the most recommended and used.

Three Jacks and a King, Lucky Hand, Lucky 13, Money Drawing, and similar products are recommended for drawing money through gambling and lottery.

Additional candles and other items can be used to enhance these and focus them further on your situation.

The candles page at LM has very good explanations of each type, and often a link to more information on that product family.

http://luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.htl#vigil

Good luck!
HRCC Student #1339

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Personally I am familiar with many products but prefer LM fixed candles, spell kits, herbs, you name it. It just feels right.

Look at LMs website for candles found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html

and Spell kits found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html

Also LM can set lights for you found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandleservices.html

BTW you might want to familiarize yourself with candle magic found here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

And you can always call the shop if you have questions that cant be answered in the forum

Axia2

Unread post by Axia2 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:21 am

jwmcclin wrote:Personally I am familiar with many products but prefer LM fixed candles, spell kits, herbs, you name it. It just feels right.

Look at LMs website for candles found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandles.html

and Spell kits found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatspells.html

Also LM can set lights for you found here http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatcandleservices.html

BTW you might want to familiarize yourself with candle magic found here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagic.html

And you can always call the shop if you have questions that cant be answered in the forum
jwmcclin,that's what I am deciding to do, start slow. I did look over the candle link a few nights ago and I do have a question:

The vigil candles that are dressed and prepared, are they only candles that are encased in glass or are there glass-free candles that are dressed, but I can still carve out the names on the candle?

That customer testimonial of her burning the dressed candle that "hot foot" her 3 neighbors in one shot blew me away in amazement. I got 4 troublesome neighbors of 20 years that I would really like to uproot fast but all I want to do if I order a hot foot candle is just carve their addresses on them. And if these candles come encased in glass that would be a touch difficult to include 4 carved addresses on one candle :|

Also Steady Work is used to find employment which is perfect for me but which luck candles will help me with lotto (since I don't play cards) there are so many luck candles on the list that choosing one is like being in candy store :)??? If I can win a small amount form lotto I can afford to go back to school and pick up a few more accounting classes I would really like to take...been job hunting for a while economy not helping :( but I'm doing the best I can with my job hunting.

Thank you again for the help, you rock.

Axia2

Unread post by Axia2 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:28 am

J Simulcik wrote:You seem to have answered your own questions on the neighbors and are simply asking for verification. Use Hot Foot products to get them to GO! Someone new to conjure would most likely do better to order prepared products from LM until they are more familiar with the system. As for finding a job, Steady Work is probably the most recommended and used. Three Jacks and a King, Lucky Hand, Lucky 13, Money Drawing, and similar products are recommended for drawing money through gambling and lottery. Additional candles and other items can be used to enhance these and focus them further on your situation. The candles page at LM has very good explanations of each type, and often a link to more information on that product family.

Good luck!
J Simulcik, yes I only ask for verification because there are so many candles that do a multitude of things I just don't want to pick the wrong candle (you know what they say be careful what you wish for :) ).

I saw Crown of Success and Steady Job threw me off a bit cause both handle similar things about finding steady employment but there are a variety of Fast Luck, all purpose luck & gambling luck candles I'm a bit confused as to which one would help me hit a few dollars while I play Lotto once in a while :? so many candles to choose from, that's why I ask you wonderful experienced folks to assist me before I buy way too stuff & hiding my tools are not easy from my friends & family :|

Thank you J

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:49 am

Axia wrote: Also Steady Work is used to find employment which is perfect for me but which luck candles will help me with lotto (since I don't play cards) there are so many luck candles on the list that choosing one is like being in candy store :)??? If I can win a small amount form lotto I can afford to go back to school and pick up a few more accounting classes I would really like to take...been job hunting for a while economy not helping :( but I'm doing the best I can with my job hunting.

Thank you again for the help, you rock.
Lady Luck
and Lucky 13
are both great for lotto and lucky numbers.

However, pining your plans for the future on winning at gambling is a very very bad idea and I advise against it.
HRCC Student #1559

Axia2

Unread post by Axia2 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:02 am

HailDiscordia wrote: Lady Luck
and Lucky 13
are both great for lotto and lucky numbers.

However, pining your plans for the future on winning at gambling is a very very bad idea and I advise against it.
HailDiscordia I'd rather start with steady work candle first. I rarely play lotto & pining my plans for the future on winning with gambling games is NOT in my game plan & with my luck I doubt I will even make back the $2 quick pick play I make every once or twice a year. I am just curious to see if I will even make a few dollars that's all. If you knew what frugal young woman I am & the way I shop (with gobs of coupons) you'd be amazed. My friends when they go to Atlantic City, I end up sitting in the lobby or the food buffet court waiting for them to drop several hundreds of dollars on slot machines and then I tease them and tell them that's where you Social Security money is going down Donald Trump's pants wallet & casinos :lol: .

Don't worry about me Hail even when I try to play lotto I end up screwing up my wager by playing it wrong by picking out too many or too little numbers that even the store owner knows I'm a sad nerd at gambling (holding up a line of serious gamblers behind me :oops: ) :lol: .

But I thank you for giving me the names of the candles to use in the future. :)

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:41 am

you do have the option of burning more then one candle for your purpose. For example a steady work candle with a crown of success candle and an attraction candle used together to nail a new job would work well together. Same with the oils you can mix oils together for your specific needs. thats the great thing about hoodoo its tailored to fit. As for the neighbors yes hotfoot is what you want for them.. a sneaky trick is to get some hot foot powder, and powder some junk mail with it and send it to their home..even buy a news paper and powder it and throw it on their porch ( like the news paper boy messed up) that way you get the powder on their hands and in the home.. good luck
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:17 am

I've settled into a nice groove with my candle work. Usually, I'll start work with a dressed vigil. I like that LM puts the right combination of herbs for my intention, so I don't have to spend a lot of time/money with that level of detail. Also, they bless when fixing and I like the idea of having someone else in alignment with my intention. Most often, I burn my vigils straight through.

Then to supplement my work with the vigil, I have a growing collection of LM oils that I use to dress 4" offeratory candles. In this way, I can work on different aspects or layers of the issue that I lit the vigil for. Having oils on hand is also very economical, as I sometimes dress plain glass vigils myself, add them to my bath, wear them as an annointing, etc.

Axia2

Unread post by Axia2 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 am

MightyAphrodite wrote:I've settled into a nice groove with my candle work. Usually, I'll start work with a dressed vigil. I like that LM puts the right combination of herbs for my intention, so I don't have to spend a lot of time/money with that level of detail. Also, they bless when fixing and I like the idea of having someone else in alignment with my intention. Most often, I burn my vigils straight through.

Then to supplement my work with the vigil, I have a growing collection of LM oils that I use to dress 4" offeratory candles. In this way, I can work on different aspects or layers of the issue that I lit the vigil for. Having oils on hand is also very economical, as I sometimes dress plain glass vigils myself, add them to my bath, wear them as an annointing, etc.
Hello MightyAphrodite

I thank you for you immediate reply back and I love the idea of saving money (which I need to do). I have a one or two more questions:

1) these dressed candles that are prepared are they encased in glass and if YES, can I write up my intention/petition on the sides of the dressed glass candle with a permanent marker or do I need to buy special paper to write up my intentions on & place it under the candle??? (if so, then when the candle is done burning, what do I do with the paper or dressed candle with the petitions on them???

2) Biggest question is how long has it taken you to see some success with your dressed candles (not looking for guarantees at all cause there are none in life but just wondering how your results have panned out, have they been successful??? just curious & I know everyone success rates with hoodoo is different & varied....)

3) Also I'm curious would you know which dressed candle or candles I could buy to protect my cousin whose home is being viciously vandalized with frozen eggs for a long while now. My cousin refuses to move out of his home of 30 years which the mortgage has been paid for (which I don't blame him at all for) but law enforcement whether its state or municipal police he is beyond tired of dealing with & complaining to. The amount of money he poured into alarm systems, replacing new glass windows putting up sensor motion lights around his home and getting his video camera to try and catch these high school monster violating his home is taking a massive toll on him and his family.

4) Which candles can I buy for him to bring massive discord & suffering to these vandals and rid of their prescence once and for all (if I can even manage that being a new at all this of course)? Cause I know I am going to label these dressed candles with the words egg vandals cause we don't have the license plates and when these brats keep changing the cars its not easy to track them down and these nighbors of his has one rule its always about looking out for themselves. Yup there's no commraderie or assistance from anyone around their but he's payed off his mortagage and to move in this economy for him would be dangerous at best.

So I wouuld truly appreciate it if you could help me out with my last question here and I thank you again for you answers and advice as well MightyAphrodite :).

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:44 am

You can use a marker on the glass, but I prefer to write petitions on paper. You can easily obtain parchment paper (I buy sheets from LM that I cut into 3" squares) but you can also use brown paper from paper bags. There's a lot of info if you search for "petitions." Additionally, I learned most everything I know from Cat's online book. Tons of info in there!

As far as timing goes, that totally depends on the situation. The bottom line is it takes as long as it takes. If something isn't resolving, keep approaching it from different angles. I really like something I learned from Cat (that's been discussed here before as well) about looking for signs within 3 days. Movement within 3 weeks. And results within 3 months. Navigating the process is best done with divination--either a professional reading, or doing your own readings with tarot, pendulum, etc.

Some spells have timelines built into them. For example, I did my first hot-foot spell on someone and wasn't sure it was working because the person acted up MORE after I did the spell. I doubted that it was working. Then, the person stopped after 9 days. Later, I was reading about the hot foot spell again, and noticed that Cat's online book SAID results should come in after 9 days. Lo and behold, when I looked back in my calendar, I noticed that indeed--the last time I was contacted by that person was on the 9th day after I completed the spell. COOL!

Not sure how to guide you on doing more work, as I'm still learning, but if it was me, I would do a combination of:
-House cleansing
-Reversing work to throw that negativity back at the vandals.
-Firey wall of protection

Also, I've had good work with St. Michael for protection. But understand that he'll help only if the case is just. I can't tell what is going on in this situation, but if your cousin has been contributing to the problem somehow, he might need to clean up his side too. As a 3rd party, you might find that you're getting sucked into a lopsided version of the story. Sounds like a reading is in order.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:50 am

Quick answer to one of the questions asked earlier:

The only fixed and prepared (dressed, oiled, carved, loaded, and/or prayed-over) candles we currently offer are the glass-encased ones. It is just too time-consuming to prepare the figural and offertory candles that way on a mass basis. We used to do it -- we rolled each free-standing candle in a specifically-preparedmelted wax-and-herb mix, then oiled it, prayed over it, and wrapped each candle in aluminum foil and then in a zip-lock bag -- but we had to stop doing that about 12 years ago, when we saw that the time it took was too great for what people were prepared to pay us for the extra service, and that there were simply too many such requests per day for us to handle. We stuck with dressing only the glass-encased candles, and, of course, we supply the oils and herbs for people to dress their own offertory and figural candles.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:12 am

For people that have used both product or one or the other. which of the two products are more powerful to use?or easier? right now im undecided on either gettin spell kits or the dressed vigil candles. hehe want to place an order here soon but so undecided...
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:28 am

I have used both and it all depends on what your intentions are and your power in my opinion. That said, a vigil candle may bring money for one person while a full spell kit works better for another. And yes I have done the spell with a vigil candle as a backup...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:47 am

wraithklewn, questions about "which is more powerful" don't usually fly in a room full of conjures. It's like asking a cook, "which tastes better, angel hair pasta or tortillas?" They are just different things, they are prepared differently, and they aim toward the same result (satisfaction of desires and needs).

The dressed vigil lights require very little from the user -- a petition paper, a few moments of prayer, and attention to the candle as it burns.

A spell kit may require more work -- laying out an altar, mixing ingredients, praying over individual portions of the work, deploying the finished items, and disposing of the ritual remains.

However, as jwmcclin said, either one may get you where you wish to be -- and many of our customers who prefer to work by candle light rather than electric light will buy both both a spell kit and a dressed vigil light -- and perform the work of the spell kit (which generally will have its own small altar candles as well) by the light of the large vigilcandle.

Good luk!
catherine yronwode

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 am

Can someone please send me the page if easily available whereMs Cat said 9 days
Later, I was reading about the hot foot spell again, and noticed that Cat's online book SAID results should come in after 9 days

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:08 am

I cannot and will not say that anyone will absolutely get results in any time frame -- or at all.

Imagine if i were a medical doctor -- they would take away my license if i wrote, "Everyone who takes Aspirin will have their headache gone in 20 minutes." No way -- some people get no headache relief from aspirin, others do some of the time.

And it is the same with candle spells, spell kits, or prayer -- results will vary because people's situations vary, and the way they use the spiritual supplies will vary, and, after all, God may have some plan in mind that outweighs their own temporary desire for a quick fix."

There are so many factors, and life is so uncertain, that i simply will not violate the truth of what i have witnessed during my life to tell a lie that "results should come" or "will come" in a certain amount of time.
catherine yronwode

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:44 pm

path2success wrote:Can someone please send me the page if easily available whereMs Cat said 9 days
The page of the book that I read about hot footing is here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hotfoot.html

The actual sentence I referenced is this one:
"After nine days, i have been told, the one who has bothered you will be history as far as you and your family are concerned. Your mileage may vary, of course."

Miss Cat, I see why you are responding as you are about timing and people not making claims or having expectations about specific timing. Of course. When I did the hot foot spell on that page, I didn't even really take notice of the comment about 9 days. To me, it's either going to work or it's not. My tarot cards said it would. It did. And it was only later when I was reading that page again that I noticed that indeed, my spell worked after 9 days. So count me in as one who's mileage didn't vary. I thought that was pretty awesome.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:37 pm

I really love this answer, and it is a good explanation and answer to the "How fast did you see results or when will I see results?" Results may vary indeed.

catherineyronwode wrote:I cannot and will not say that anyone will absolutely get results in any time frame -- or at all.

Imagine if i were a medical doctor -- they would take away my license if i wrote, "Everyone who takes Aspirin will have their headache gone in 20 minutes." No way -- some people get no headache relief from aspirin, others do some of the time.

And it is the same with candle spells, spell kits, or prayer -- results will vary because people's situations vary, and the way they use the spiritual supplies will vary, and, after all, God may have some plan in mind that outweighs their own temporary desire for a quick fix."

There are so many factors, and life is so uncertain, that i simply will not violate the truth of what i have witnessed during my life to tell a lie that "results should come" or "will come" in a certain amount of time.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

GIFTEDHANDS

Unread post by GIFTEDHANDS » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:20 pm

What I have been trying to figure out is how long does the effect of burning vigil candles last?
will the effect of the candle last or work only during the time the candle is burning or beyond that?

ex: adam & eve or stay with me
do you try to do them continuiously or once a month or only when you feel you need it?

Thanks for any help?
:?:

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:25 pm

Personally when I feel the need. Workers do spells differently. There are some who perform lets say prosperity spells monthly, yearly, etc. Cleansing spells weekly, monthly, etc. Drawing spells monthly, weekly...etc...get the picture? That said, protection spells should be ongoing.

wraithklewn
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by wraithklewn » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:07 pm

what about negative type vigils? such as break up or hotfoot. should these be repeated often?
HRCC Graduate # 1684G
Thank you St. Michael for your fierce protection

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:17 pm

same principle...if you feel there is a need also you can get a reading which will answer your inquiry...before and after a spellwork...

GIFTEDHANDS

Unread post by GIFTEDHANDS » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks Jwmcclin,
but does the effects of the candle last or work only during the time the candle is burning or beyond that?
:)

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:25 pm

Beyond. How far varies.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Depends on how big a change you are looking for. The spirit you get moving keeps working, but things happen that can interfere. For example if you are trying to change a person then you'll have to repeat work, or have to renew your stuff because so long as they have free will and see things differently then you then they'll be fighting.

So the spirit keeps working for you, but you may find that either the change you seek needs pressure added periodically or not. This is where divination comes into play.

GIFTEDHANDS

Unread post by GIFTEDHANDS » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:50 am

:D Now I got it!!!
Makes total since!
Thanks Guys

Malefic

Unread post by Malefic » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:39 pm

When ordering the fixed vigil candles, can one specify what they should be dressed with?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:29 pm

Most of the vigil candles that have labels are dressed already for a specific purpose. So "Follow Me Boy" vigil candles are dressed according to that, "Saint Martha" candles are dressed for her etc.

Those that are unlabelled they are dressed according to what you tell them you need.

You can call the shop for a bit more info, if you need.

Malefic

Unread post by Malefic » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, what I was wondering if I can order them to come with specific dressings -- like if I wanted a Follow Me Boy candle that was really dressed with Breakup or a Road Opener candle dressed with Van Van, instead of whatever they automatically are dressed with.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:29 pm

Yes, you can order candles dressed for sneaky tricks with opposite dressings. You need to specify this in your order and say that it is for a sneaky trick.
catherine yronwode

ShadoWalker

Unread post by ShadoWalker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:30 am

I have a question about ordering LM Seven Day candles. I am going to be ordering supplies here shortly such as figural candles, seven day candles, oils, powders, and other items to do a working for a friend to help them get rid of an addiction they are having a hard time getting rid of. When I ordered a seven day candle before I know they fix them there at the store and then ship them out.

1) My question is how do they fix them?

2) Are the seven day candles fixed with a specific thing in mind such as the person who ordered them as the focus or in a general way for what the candle says?

The reason why I ask is that these candles are for someone else and I'm not sure if I need to send the name of the person I am doing these workings for in the message area of the the order form on line. I hope I am making sense with this. Any help would be great before I put my order in so I know how things are working with the process.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:51 am

First, Shadowalker, you show your age or the age of the one who taught you in this tradition. :-)

Our vigil candles -- and those of every USA maker -- have not been "7 day" candles since the days of George Bush Ithe First, when the price of petroleum products, including paraffin wax, went sky-high due to the First Gulf War, and the days of George Bush the Second, when the price of petroleum products, including paraffin wax, went through the roof again due to the Iraq War.

The factories that make these candles responded by reducing the height and the diameter of the glass containers that hold the wax. These candles -- which originally were "novena" candles, meaning they burned for NINE days, became "7 day lights" -- and now are so small they only burn for FIVE days, sometimes only 4 days!

Okay, but all that aside, to answer your questions:

1) We fix the candles with blended condition oils, herbs, minerals, roots, and glitter, then pray over them in your name, for your benefit. If you include a petition you wish to have prayed over them with your order, we will pray in those words, otherwise we will pray in our own words for your success.

2) The candles are fixed for whatever the client wishes. You have complete freedom to include a specific message with your order telling us exactly what you want prayed over them, or to include no message at all. We receive many orders with no petitions, as well as orders that include petitions such as

"Pray for my success in finding a job."

"Pray for me to be able to divorce my husband and still keep the house."

"Do not say any prayers; just dress the candle, please."

"This candle is for [Name} whose birthdate is [Date]; he has cancer."

We pray whatever the client requests. If there is no request, we pray for the success of the client's unspoken wishes.

I hope this helps.
catherine yronwode

ShadoWalker

Unread post by ShadoWalker » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:06 am

Thank you Cat! I'm 31 and have been taught parts of Conjure by Orion Foxwood and another friend Julia Ballance Mandes whenever I get a chance to talk to them or visit. Orion has highly suggested your course to me the last time we talked and I plan on taking it sometime in the near future. I have had studies in the magical practices and religons for 13 years now and for the past year I have started some intense studies into Conjure.

I do apologize for the Seven Day Candle comment. I am used to calling them by that name because the store I used to buy them from called them that and I got used to it. I have noticed that the Novena Candles haven't been burning as they have been labeled when I ordered them from that store. When I started ordering from LM I just loved the products and now order the products when needed from the site. Thank you for your help Cat!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:32 pm

No need to apologize, dear, i found it fun to hear reference to "7 Day candles" after so many years. I wish they still WERE 7 Day Candles. :-)

If you talk to Orion, tell him i said hello. He is a good teacher, and i thank him for recommending my course as well.
catherine yronwode

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi, I'm starting over with a clean slate. I'm working a reconciliation case and my reader suggested I do all of the following. My order should be here this week.

High John Conquerer (personal strength)
Healing (for me)
Road Opener
Healing (for him)
Clarity and Wisdom (so he realizes we were a good couple)
Courage (step up to the plate)
Controlling (get the situation under my control)
Come to Me
Love Me Love

I was going to group the vigils and light them in batches in this order: (a) HJC and Healing for me. Followed by (b) Road Opener. Followed by (c) Healing for him, Clarity, Wisdom & Courage. Followed by (d) Controlling, Come to Me and Love Me.

1. How much time do I need to wait between batches? A day or two or until the previous batch burns out?
2. Do I have the proper placement of the Controlling candle or should I lead with that after the Road Opener so that all works are "under my control"?
3. Should I do the Healing candle before the Clarity, Wisdom & Courage or is it okay to group it the way I have?
4. Road Opener - I want to use it to: a) open the road to healing, b) open the road to mental clarity and c) remove any obstacles standing in the way of the love work. Do I light one candle addressing all 3 of these things or do I need 3 separate candles?

thank you!

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:01 am

1) id wait till the previous section is burned out. 2) the placement of the control candle would matter on your petition and prayer of the candle, its not an umbrella candle that will cover all the work unless specified. I assumed it was to control him in the love work. 3) healing can be done prior or in conjunction with how you have it set up, again a lot depends on how you state the petition and prayer between the candles to work for the same purpose but a different aspect. 4) personally I would not burn it for 3 purposes that makes it a bit scattered, I think a lot of ppl see mixed results because they dont know how to ask for what they want, they are too general or ask too much from one working and get mixed or minimal results. say the candle burned dirty you would not know which petition it applied to because you had 3 petitions. if its love work id burn it to do letter c.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Transformer

Unread post by Transformer » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:53 pm

thanks. and good point on the road opener in terms of keeping it focused. plus the potential for the muddled divination. thanks again...

Amilo

Unread post by Amilo » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:08 am

How do i use this candle?

Is it just only for me to light it and take a photo under the candle, write something on the back of the photo, what i want from this.
As i saw this candle is already prepared.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:53 am

I am assuming that you have ordered a blessed, dressed, and fixed vigil candle from Lucky Mojo--right?
If so, then yes--you want to write your petition and affix it to the candle. Some people will place their petitions on the sides of the candle and in certain cases like when working with a cut and clear candle that is one traditional way to do it, but usually petitions are placed on the bottom of the candle as you say. You can use a photo and write the petition directly on the photo if you wish.
Blessings,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Amilo

Unread post by Amilo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:43 am

Hi Brii :P
Yes ready to go!

How effective can u tell they vigil candles are?

I was thinking of use one love me" and one return to me"

Can i light them both at the same time? or light one first and the second right after?

movingmountains

Unread post by movingmountains » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:17 am

Hi guys,

Just wondering, from experience do the effects of vigil lights only last whilst they are lit? eg. to keep heat on the situation. I mean once the candle has burned out can you expect the work to finish? Or is that when the work begins?... If that makes sense.. I can almost feel when the candle has finished.. Like the 'high' is gone.

Amilo

Unread post by Amilo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:32 am

Hi

what vigil candles do u burn? If i may ask that?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:22 am

I think that it really depends on the difficulty of the situation. If you are doing something to keep heat on the situation, then once the candle goes out that does not mean that the work has finished necessarily A person can choose to back up the work ever so often if they feel like their work is "fizzling" out. So it really just depends on the nature of the situation, and how much the rootworker focused their energies, and if they worked with the right methods, or ingredients.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Call Hoodoo Psychics 1-888-4-HOODOO

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”