Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

CuriousKate
Re: Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

Unread post by CuriousKate » Wed May 09, 2012 7:09 pm

I have a few questions that I'd like to ask.

1. Do you have to go to the crossroads alone? I don't live in a dangerous town or anything like that. I just get skittish easily and I would feel a lot more comfortable if I had someone to accompany me.

2. Do you have to go to the crossroads at midnight? Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the night but again, I get skittish easily.

3. Do you have to be in the middle of the crossroads or can you sit on the side of the road near the crossroads? I know that possibly sounds like an idiotic question but this will be my first time.

4. Should I bring my laptop or a pen and piece of paper? I want to ask for better writing skills and character creation skills. I more often than not use my laptop to write my stories on.

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Wed May 09, 2012 7:18 pm

About the fear-related parts, the consensus on this thread seems to be that you need to "face the fear and do it anyway."
"Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness."
-Proverbs 8:18

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Tue May 15, 2012 12:04 pm

I would like to ask one more question. Is it midnight as in right between Saturday and Sunday or between Sunday and Monday?

MOJOLOPEZ
Newly Registered

Unread post by MOJOLOPEZ » Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 pm

OK, i literally suck at playing my guitar. i love love love music and trying to make it. i am already a great writer and very fluid up in the head. but my ability to play is really bad. I've practiced it many times over and can't do anything with it. I need some help. I don't know what i should do in regards of my wanting to learn the guitar.

i was reading a spell book and stumbled upon the crossroad spells. But i don't know how much of the crossroads magic i know of is false or legend or something else. I definatly know i want to believe in it, but somebody please tell me what is true?

i have a crossroad that isn't to far from my house, and i will venture there, i just don't know how to go about it. I need help from somebody with more experience than me. Somenody tell me what to do and ho to go about doing it please. It would be much appreciated! :)

i don't want to sell my soul or anything, i just want to play this guitar.

I have experience with vodou and i still have devout belief in it. i also contacted a New Orleans group during one of my heavy experiences with vodou and was told that based on my claims, that i have a serious connection with the spirit world, and that i can communicate with Legba and Erzulie Freda very profusely.

I have experience with mojo bags I've made one for myself and ive been told i can connect with papa legba. i thought about making a mojo bag and putting a guitar pick in it as well along with some wishes and herbs, etc. but i need a definite spell to do the trick! can somebody who has more experience help me please?

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Tue May 29, 2012 11:16 am

MojoLopez: Have you been to this page and read it over yet? http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

Edwardyule

Unread post by Edwardyule » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:02 pm

Hello!

I've been listening to back episodes of the lucky mojo hoodoo rootwork hour. In one of the cases, a crossroads key ritual was mentioned. A Skelaton key was buried at the crossroads and various offerings where poured over it for 21 days. I would like to do this ritual for the creation of a crossroads key for occult and magical mastery.

I would like some confirmation that I heard and understood this ritual correct and I would love any suggestions for LM products to use

Thanks in advanced!

Celphagore
Newly Registered

Unread post by Celphagore » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:39 pm

I am new to the forum but I am looking for help with conjuring a Crossroads Deamon. I know the consequences of making a pact with one but I have gone over it and I will go threw with it.

I am just looking for some help with the actual summoning. Any help is appreciated.

Celphagore

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:21 pm

Welcome to The Lucky Mojo Forum. I am going to provide you with two links, click on them. The first is the crossroads link from Hoodoo in Theory and Practice by Miss Catherine Yronwode, and the second will be the link to the FREE online book, Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:
http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html
Good luck and enjoy!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:40 pm

heartexalted,

Your idea of building huge protections for yourself at home and on your person before undertaking the crossroads ritual is magically WRONG in my opinion. Either you undertake the ordeal or you do not. Meeting the Old Funny Boy at the crossroads is not something you MUST do, but if you WANT TO DO IT, then frickin DO IT and stop whining.

Go to youtube RIGHT NOW, and listen to this song. THINK ABOUT IT.

Gene Allison - You Can Make It If You Try
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6NUFE-GYfs

There are a lot of folks using this forum who are inexperienced with the tradition of rootwork, conjure or hoodoo, and somehow they are picking up a lot of funky, false, and downright dippy information on the internet about the role of the crossroads in rootwork.

This post is designed to be quoted or pointed to by anyone who wishes to set straight anyone on the forum who is confused about crossroads work:

1) Read about the Crossroads here in "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode:
http://luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

2) Read about the Crossroads at the "Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers" site:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... Crossroads

3) Read about how to dispose of or deploy ritual elements and hoodoo tricks at a crossroads in this page from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode:
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#crossroads

4) When using a crossroads for disposal or dispersal of spell work, you do not need to make "an offering to the crossroads," in hoodoo, though that is certainly done by some folks who have been influenced by West African religions.

5) In all my many years as a worker, i have never heard that you need to avoid returning to a "used" crossroads or that you should only use a crossroads you won't pass by again. Just go to your local crossroads and do your work, but when you leave it, don't look back. (Maybe folks have confused the idea of "don't LOOK back" with "don't GO back" ? ? ? If so, get over it.)

==========================================

Celphagore,

I have merged your request into the long thread on Crossroads work so you can read what others at the forum have had to say about this topic and their own experiences.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:31 pm

This is too weird. I went to the crossroads tonight to work on a conjure-related skill, and two things happened. Of course, there was the obvious parts of the experience - feeling self-conscious about doing this out in the open, wondering what the people driving by were thinking, and worried someone would interrupt me. However, the truly spooky parts were more profound.

First, after calling out to the crossroads spirit and offering three pennies, I was looking up into the trees and things seemed blurry for a bit. It almost seemed like I could see a face, in outline, among the trees. Second, one person drove by listening to rap -- and the rapper sounded like, well, a black man. Seems to fit in with some experiences others have had.

It all leads me to think, "Wow, maybe this stuff really IS real!" (Even as I pursue conjure, I do sometimes question whether things are for real.)

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:12 pm

I'm doing a nine-week crossroads ritual, in which I dress novena style candles for each of the nine conditions of hoodoo, as listed on the AIRR site. Eventually, of course, I get around to the "cursing" candle. I have a black novena candle, as well as some Black Arts oil and Goofer Dust from Lucky Mojo. My plan is to dress it with these two items, and pray over it using a malefic Biblical verse such as Malachi 2:3 ("Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.").

Rather than dressing it to be used against a specific person, the target will be "the workers of iniquity." (Because this is about learning a skill more than anything else.)

So, my question is, should I do anything in particular to keep myself spiritually safe? I was thinking I might wear gloves while working, and keep some diluted ammonia or Florida Water nearby to wash off my hands after I finish. And then store it in a paper bag that's been fixed for protection, in order to contain the energy of the candle. And, of course, cleanse afterwards.

Anything I'm missing here? Any input is appreciated - thank you kindly! :)

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Conjure is a deep-rooted cultural tradition. Its purpose is to make real things actually happen in the real world. It is not, never has been, and should not be, only a field of theoretical study.

First of all, if you're going to the crossroads to learn conjure, do real spells to affect real people. For this project, lay a real curse, naming real names. If you have no personal enemies that you know of, a cursory scan of popular news media will give you many to pick and choose from.

This forum has many threads on the topic of protecting yourself before, and cleaning up after, negative work.

Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:23 pm

heartexalted,

Treating the work like some sort of science fiction scenario, complete with protective gloves and gear, is silly.

Normally, one would ask to be absolved of sin afterward, and there are traditional methods of setting oneself right again, but if you're just playing make-believe that will not be necessary.
catherine yronwode

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Thank you both for clearing up some of my confusion/misconceptions on these matters. I appreciate the opportunity to learn and become better informed about what I'm doing.

First of all, I can assure you that none of this is only theoretical or "make-believe" for me, and every candle I've prepared so far has been with the intention of being either used or usable. (Indeed, the reason I'm drawn is because of the practicality.) As to my original post, I was thinking I would make a generic cursing candle that could later be applied to a specific person using a photo and/or petition paper - should I ever encounter a case where cursing would help the situation and be justified.

But, from what I'm reading here, it seems a particular target needs to be specified at the time that I dress the candle? Which I can totally live with, and I can check the newspapers for a suitable name, per Miss Michaele's suggestion.

(Edit to add: For what it's worth, I got the idea to do this crossroads ritual from the radio show, specifically the October 23, 2011 episode. Near the end of the episode, around 1:14, someone is advised to do a ritual for making mojo bags, so I was inspired to do the same, except with candles.)

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 pm

heartexalted wrote:But, from what I'm reading here, it seems a particular target needs to be specified at the time that I dress the candle?
Fixed candles of all kinds, even unto D.U.M.E., are always in stock at Lucky Mojo and other reputable spiritual supply shops -- and they are "nameless," that is, not intended for anyone in particular, until they are sold to a customer.
(Edit to add: For what it's worth, I got the idea to do this crossroads ritual from the radio show, specifically the October 23, 2011 episode. Near the end of the episode, around 1:14, someone is advised to do a ritual for making mojo bags, so I was inspired to do the same, except with candles.)
Conjure tradition has three types of crossroads work:
  • Deployment of certain kinds of spell work -- not including the fixing of candles
  • Disposal of certain kinds spell work -- nearly always negative spells, enemy work. (See http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#crossroads)
  • Encounters with the Black Man, for the purpose of "selling yourself to the Devil" (not selling your soul into eternal bondage to the Father of Lies), in order to gain skill in music, gambling, or other endeavors. (See http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html)
The radio show you linked to describes an example of the third reason for going to the crossroads: to master a particular art.

In short, if you want to fix a candle for enemy work, just fix it. Put aside where no one can mess with it, and it will be ready when you find an enemy who deserves your attention.

If you want magical help in learning to fix candles that will really make things happen, I daresay you could take a different kind of candle to the crossroads on each of several occasions -- three, seven, or nine.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele

mrmagicman
Newly Registered

Unread post by mrmagicman » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:14 am

Hello everyone,
i have read the article at www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html and i was wondering if anyone on this forum has actually done some of the crossroads rituals described on the article. Has anyome actual seen the devil or is it just a presence?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:18 am

Hi mrmagicman,

your question has been asked numerous times in many different guises, most of which you can read through in this thread into which I've merged your post. Happy Reading :)
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

nowherelass

Unread post by nowherelass » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Edwardyule

Does anybody know which episode this was? :)

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:27 am

I'm not sure if this goes here... but I needed to know. Would this be considered a crossroads? I'm hoping to do the ritual to summon the black man and the only other crossroads I've found that is right beside my house is on a street that I would rather not go to. From what everyone has told me the other street is dangerous and as a friend of mine put it a "drug alley". Which I was surprised to hear since I always thought that the town I lived in was a rather boring and safe place.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:34 pm

Curious Kate: I have gone ahead and merged your thread into the already-in-progress thread regarding Crossroads and Crossroads Rituals Questions & Answers. Your question has been addressed before, starting at page one of this topic thread.
Joseph Magnuson

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:50 pm

The answer on the first page really doesn't answer my question, Joseph. What I asked is if the picture above would be considered a crossroads.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:18 pm

The discussion continues throughout the next 10 pages.

That three pronged "Algiz Rune" looking spot on your map is not a traditional crossroads.
Joseph Magnuson

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Thank you.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:57 pm

You are welcome, CuriousKate! :)
Joseph Magnuson

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:23 pm

As a child I was able to think of imaginative plots for stories and songs but as I've grown up I seem to have lost whatever once inspired me.
My muse, my inspiration, my inner light... whatever you want to call it. My question is how can I get it back? Is there a spell that I might try?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:06 am

You should probably start with some kind of cleansing work:
Then, protection work, just in case: And then on to blessing and success work: Rather than buying ALL THE SPELL KITS for your success work, I would buy one and add to it one product from each of the other lines, to use along with it: For instance,
Good luck and good magic,

Miss Michaele

MrZipZipZip

Unread post by MrZipZipZip » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Most esteemed forum administrators: kindly place this post in its proper category if it isn't already.

Are these places acceptable spots to leave an offering on Mondays?
1. an ordinary four-way city intersection
2. the middle of a footbridge over a river
3. the gateway to a public park

What are some others?

Usually I would arise pre-dawn, walk to a crossroads (stoplight), discreetly place my offering bundle on the ground, and walk away without looking back. Do I have the right idea?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:27 pm

Hello, MrZipZipZip --

1. an ordinary four-way city intersection -- yes, this is a crossroads.
2. the middle of a footbridge over a river -- yes, to some people (not all), this is a crossroads.
3. the gateway to a public park -- no, this is not a crossraods.

What are some others? Well, you can include a place where two rural roads cross, a place where two paths cross in a cemetery, a place where two paths cross in a public park, a place where a road crosses a railroad line.

Here is an article about the crossroads from my book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice:

Here is an article about working at the crossroads from the AIRR site, the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers, with pictures:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... Crossroads

Your other ideas are fine.

This thread has been merged into the longer Lucky Mojo Forum thread on Crossroads work, and you may also learn much by reading that thread from page one onward to whatever page this message lands on.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

MrZipZipZip

Unread post by MrZipZipZip » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:55 am

Ms. Yronwode,

Thank you for your reply. I remember I used to obsess and agonize over where, oh where, one might find a true crossroads. I was determined to find the perfect place to leave my offering, and paranoid about being interrupted by a passer-by, about hidden cameras, about police stooping me...

Now I see the perfect crossroads everywhere and the silliness in going farther than necessary to find the right spot!

Blessings.

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:44 pm

MrZipZipZip: Most people find that their spellwork starts to manifest much more clearly and quickly when they are not obsessing and antagonizing over the "best possible crossroads" etc. Kudos to you for finding this out and utilizing the power of being solid in your thoughts and intentions. Luck to you!
Joseph Magnuson

BlueFish

Unread post by BlueFish » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:07 am

I just bought the Dark Arts Oil to help with the CrossRoads ritual. I read all the information about the ritual from this site and will wait about 4-5 months before I do it. I want to be sure everything it right.

However, is the Black Arts Oil what I should use when I go?

I tried the link black-arts-oil-and-summoning-spirits-t36.html#p171 to read more but the link does not work.

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:07 am

I am considering doing the crossroads ritual to become a better writer. I write mostly fiction.
I'm afraid that I don't entirely understand how the crossroads ritual works. I couldn't find much information, even though I did read the crossroads section of this site. Though it's quite possible that I might have missed something. I've just a few questions to ask and then I shall leave you alone.

1) I have heard that the "black man" grants manual talents and gifts. Does he also work with the mental and can he make me a better writer?

2) What should I bring to the crossroads with me? A pen and a piece of paper or my laptop computer?

3) Does my own skill at writing increase or does the tool that I'm using to write become enchanted?

4) I've only ever worked with other forms of magic and I usually leave an offering when I include a deity or a spirit in my spell; should I bring an offering to the crossroads black man?

5) Are there any oils or other materials that I can use to make a visit from the black man more likely?

6) Should I use an actual road for the crossroads or would the driveway in my mini subdivision (somewhat of a cross or more of a "Algiz Rune" as Joseph previously pointed out) work?

7) Midnight is usually considered the time that one day transitions into another. So going to the crossroads on a Sunday at midnight... would that be Saturday going into Sunday or Sunday going into Monday?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Also may I please get a reply soon? I'm hoping to start this before my birthday which is in six days...

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:30 am

Curious Kate,

I am replying to many questions you have posed in this thread in at least three posts:

A: YOUR POST OF May 09, 2012:

1. "Alone?"

YES.

2. "Midnight? Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the night but again, I get skittish easily."

Nobody here -- and certainly not the Ol' Funny Boy, gives a rat's ass about your skittishness. However, you may be assured that many people work this rite just before dawn.

In addition to reading my own "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page on the crossroads here:

I would like you to also read the page on the crossroads published by the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR). This page was written by Professor Charles Porterfield and myself:

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... Crossroads

3. "In the middle of the crossroads or on the side of the road near the crossroads? I know that possibly sounds like an idiotic question but this will be my first time."

On the corner is fine. Also, the comment that this will be your "first time" makes NO SENSE. Do you expect to be doing this again? Why? This is life-changing rite. Geez.

4. "Should I bring my laptop or a pen and piece of paper?"

Either.

B: YOUR POST OF May 15, 2012

Midnight on Sunday means 12:01 AM Sunday.

C: YOUR POST OF Dec 15, 2012

1) First, don't kid yourself; playing guitar is as much a mental discipline as writing is. Second, the Devil at the Crossroads grants SKILLS, not "talents and gifts." God and good genetics grant talents and gifts. The Devil at the Crossroads gives you SKILLS. There is a vast difference. If you go to the crossroads looking for talents and gifts, you will come away disappointed.If you go to the crossroads and display your talents and gifts, you may be granted skills.

2) Pen and paper versus laptop? Whatever you like. I'm a writer, myself, and i can write either way. A good writer can write with a stick in the dirt. A good writer can write with a finger in the air.

3) The idea of an enchanted pen is rather silly in this context. I'm sure it is a popular notion in fairy tales, and it certainly has its place in fiction, but no, this is about SKILLS.

4) No offering is needed. You are entertaining the Devil at the Crossroads with your talents and gifts, and in return he gives you more skills. It's a trade.

5) Faithful attendance is the key, not spiritual supplies.

6) Use an actual road crossing. Do not use your driveway. This is an act of pilgrimage. Treat it with respect or don't bother.

7) Midnight on Sunday means 12:01 AM Sunday.

Did you ever see the movie "O Brother Where Art Thou?" -- if not, watch it this clip where the runaway convicts meet Tommy Johnson at the crossroads, just after dawn.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUMDMjqang0

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

CuriousKate

Unread post by CuriousKate » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:40 pm

I like to think that I have some talent as a writer or I did when I was younger. I had a wonderful imagination but it's like my metaphorical well has dried up. That's why I'm doing this. In hopes that he can take whatever blockages I have away and fine tune the talent that I already possess.

Stampede

Unread post by Stampede » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 am

I'm still just getting started in hoodoo, rootwork, and mysticism in general. I have been looking into the infamous "Crossroads Ritual," and am considering attempting it myself. My goal is to become a great writer, so if I attempted it I would take my note pad out there and write part of my novel as I wait.

What I wonder is:

1. Has anyone done this ritual themselves?

2. What were the results?

3. Any particular dangers not addressed on this site that I should look out for?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:49 am

Hello, Stampede, and welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forum.

I have merged your query about the crossroads into the ongoing thread about the crossroads ritual, currently 11 pages long.

The three questions you asked have been posed and replied to within the past three years, and i have nothing more to add in that regard -- so rather than covering old ground again, i will ask you to read through the thread from page one up to here, paying special attention to the replies from Moderators and Admins, and if you then have further questions, just ask and we will reply.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

BeniSoit

Unread post by BeniSoit » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:28 am

well now I have a question. I just did a salt bath tonight; 3 handfulls of salt, and 3 tbs of ammonia into my bath. I took the remnants to the crossroads near my apartment and through the water over my shoulder and did not look back, when I walked to my place I took a different route than from before when I left. So I went the longer way to go around the building anyways as I was about to walk up the steps to the gate I saw a really pretty small black butterfly fly out of the bush! Now I thought what were the odds, It's about 3 am and I just got back from the crossroads and now there's this black butterfly! and it was very quick, the moment I saw the moment it was one...Was that a sign from the crossroads man? Or does that spirit appear in other forms like butterflys or moths? If it is a sign what does that mean?
All is possible under the Sun...I AM Blessed.

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:02 am

Without knowing more details, or having been there, it is difficult to judge, with any certainty, wether this was a sign, or just a moth, passing by. Signs and omens can be very personal, so you may have to judge, for yourself,

If it spoke to you as a sign—of acknowledgment of the work you had just finished, or anything else—then accept it as such, and don't burden yourself with worries.

Best wishes.
Two-Headed Doctor

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 pm

Many traditions about visiting the crossroads to learn a new skill say that you will see a black animal while you are there. This is usually in the traditions that require you to go several times in a row.

A reading is a good idea -- I'd be inclined to say that this was an invitation to go back to the crossroads, not just to dispose of bathwater, but to go and learn something you've always wanted to do.

If I'd known about the crossroads when I was a teenager, I'd have been an expert tap dancer long ago :)

Miss Michaele

Doctor Hob
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Doctor Hob » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:05 pm

MissMichaele

Heh...
Two-Headed Doctor

BeniSoit

Unread post by BeniSoit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:42 am

yes I felt it was a sign...In my culture which is Haitian culture Moths seen at night are usually an ancestor they always say it's a Grandmother...and I saw it after I left the crossroads on my way back to my place while I was walking up the steps....and I've been going to the crossroads and always bring coins I understand there is an energy flow there because I always feel it in the center...Hmmm??? How often should I be going and what times are best? There are 2 crossroads...technically 3 where I live I'm right in between two....which would now makes sense as to why there's so much spiritual activity in my building! lol and the 3 one is exactly 3 blocks from the 2 crossroads something here is starting to click for me...talk to me somebody, what do I do next?
All is possible under the Sun...I AM Blessed.

heartexalted

Unread post by heartexalted » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Where I live, it's snowing like all get out and covering everything, including the roads. Since there is a crossroads near me, I was wondering if you could think of any possible uses for the snow at a crossroads. Maybe as an ingredient in a road opening bath?

fragileheart

Unread post by fragileheart » Fri May 10, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm doing a black candle separation spell and my reader told me after I let my candles burn out on the 7th day to take them to different crossroads and leave them there. I was also curious about the intersections! This really helped me out!! :) doing mine at night and throwing it out my truck! I worry about someone spotting me and getting busted for littering ! Lol

ebony81
HRCC Student

Unread post by ebony81 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:04 pm

Hello Everyone,

1) I was wondering if I could perform the crossroads ritual to make myself physically fit/ more inclined to master fitness and diet, etc? This made be a silly question, but I really would like feedback about this.

2) I didn't know if I should perform the ritual for this specific goal or to gain general power or skill in performing Hoodoo rituals so that I could successfully obtain the desired results from any situation.

3) I read the other posts about the crossroads ritual, and some mentioned that they had performed it several times. Could I perform the ritual at separate times for both fitness/health and mastery of Hoodoo rituals?

4) What should I take with me for fitness and weight loss? I had a weight loss mojo, but my mom threw it away after she found it on the ground (it fell out of my bra/shirt). I was thinking about ordering another one plus Banishing oil to banish cravings, excess weight, etc. Are those items that would be good to take with me? I know most people go to the crossroads to obtain a skill like playing an instrument, but I don't know what I should take to become physically fit, eat healthier, and to always stick to diet and exercise. I could take a pair of weights or something I guess.

Any assistance with this is appreciated. Thank you.

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:46 pm

I don't know the answer to this question (above) but I hope that someone does have insight to share. I've always struggled with weight....I would like to learn to combine some solid root work with mundane methods to help myself in this matter.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:00 pm

ebony81 (and candojojo)

1) Yes you can.

2) Going to a crossroads to learn to be proficient at hoodoo is a different spell. I would perform the fitness and weight loss one first, as this is more central to your life, well-being, and future happiness and health.

3) Yes, you could perform those separately.

4) Exercise weights sound like a great idea -- small ones, not large barbells, of course. Or do a simple round of calisthenics. If you intend to eat healthy by cutting out sodas, for instance, bring your "last soda" and a bottle of water. Pour the soda out in the crossroads and drink from the water. Pour a libation of water over the soda puddle to symbolically wash it away, and swear you will replace sodas with water. If walking will be on your weight-loss program, to build lean muscless, walk to the crossroads and back; don;t drive. You get the idea! You can do it!
catherine yronwode

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:25 am

Thank you. That sounds very simple and intelligent. Just the way I like it!

ebony81
HRCC Student

Unread post by ebony81 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05 am

Thank you so much Miss Cat! It is an honor to receive this response from you! I've struggled with weight issues, diet, and exercise most of my life and I need to make a change in lifestyle for my overall health and well-being. Good luck and many blessings on your fitness journey to Candiijojo, and many blessings to Miss Cat and everyone here on the forum :)

ThedaBara

Unread post by ThedaBara » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:51 pm

This may be splitting hairs and/or something I should have inferred from other, simpler questions and answers, but since it's hard to be sure:

I want to perform the crossroads ritual, but if I go alone as is required but don't get to remain fully alone-- if people I did not intend to encounter choose to gather or pass by where I am working and waiting-- what is the effect on the work?

I'm fortunate to live in a very "happening" yet affordable part of LA (not as crazy busy as Hollywood, but lively), which is wonderful most of the time, but it means that every crossroads within walking distance of my home can be a pretty social place. I'm not going to go sit in the middle of the crowd at a sidewalk cafe or anything, but the chances of being completely alone for the duration every time is just really unlikely.

Can I just go about my business and let folks go about theirs, or is the ritual hosed?

Euoi

Unread post by Euoi » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi all! I remember reading a spell in a book on hoodoo that is similar to the ritual of meeting the black man. You're supposed to go to a crossroads at midnight, bringing with you dice or cards, a bowl of sulfur, and a match. When it is midnight, strike the match and drop it into the sulfur. A spirit is supposed to appear and counsel you on gambling.
If I followed this ritual, could it be used to summon the Black Man? And could it be used for things other than gambling?
Would anointing myself with Black Arts oil aid in the spell?

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 pm

Hi Euoi,

I merged your post with an already established thread on the Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual. Be sure to read the previous pages as well as the Crossroads page that I have linked.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Hello, I do apologize if these questions have already been answered, so much good information here it's hard to pinpoint what one is looking for. I'm in the process of planning a work to keep someone from interfering in my life.

My questions concern cross roads.

My first question is: if I plan to bury something at a cross roads, can it be one I pass by frequently? Or should it be one I may never see again?

Second question is: Most of the crossroads I know are paved streets, some busy, some not. Would it be acceptable to bury something in the corner closest to the center of this intersection? Say like a neighborhood street?

Last question: the closest thing near me is actually a three-way dirt road with a game trail on the other side. Not a perfect cross-road, as it's kinda caddy corner, not like a true + or x thing. Also I pass it often on my semi daily hikes, would this area still be acceptable? The game trail is used during hunting season for hunters going to dear stands, so receives seasonal traffic, though it is plainly obvious that it is not actually part of the road across from it.

Thank you all for your site and information, I've been glued to reading daily. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi, Jevaud ,

I have merged your questions into the 6-page thread on crossroads work -- definitions, pictures, ways of working.

If, after reading all 6 pages and following all the links to further texts and images, you still have questions, just ask!
catherine yronwode

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:19 pm

Okay thanx! I didn't know this post was here. Immensely sorry to create more work for you and thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. I will read through this thread and if I still have more questions I'll reply again. Thank you very much once again.

Jevaud

Unread post by Jevaud » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:53 am

Okay I FINALLY read through the whole thread on crossroads, whew. Took a while, but is was very informative and it did answer all of my questions, plus taught me some things about the Hoodoo treatment of crossroads in other areas. If, later on, I develop other questions about cross roads not addressed in this thread, I'll post it here in the future.

Thank you Cat very much for your help and this awesome forum!

archaichoney

Unread post by archaichoney » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:43 am

This thread and all the information, experiences and links provided have been immensely helpful. I thought I'd share a little on my first morning at the crossroads.

I've been wanting to do this rite for a very long time and out of the blue just a few days ago something clicked and I knew it was time. I began it just this morning three hours before dawn. I did a little divination the night before and I took along some whiskey as an offering, as it felt right. I woke up, took a good cleansing bath and marched myself down to a crossroads I pass through frequently - about a mile away. It has a graveyard on two sides and a stream on the other. A family of black rabbits lives in the surrounding blackberry bushes. It's quite a special little spot. Part of the crossroads is a road for cars and the other is an old railroad track that has been paved and converted to a bike and pedestrian path. There are large stones right on the corner of the path, so I was able to sit and toss my bones (what I want to be skilled in) right in the dirt at the edge of the crossroads. People drove by and gave me weird looks, but who cares! It is a little unnerving and puts you out of your comfort zone - a worthwhile sacrifice I think ;) As I walked home towards the sunrise I heard the sound of a dog barking in the distance behind me, it sent a shiver down my spine. It made me very excited for the next eight Sundays I get to do this.

I do love that many of the Hyatt accounts provided on the The Crossroads page http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html were taken in Fayetteville, NC - a place I used to live! When I think back on it, there was quite a lot of conjure going on there I was unaware of at the time. Pretty neat!

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:47 am

archaichoney: Thank you for sharing your experience with the rest of us here. It is much appreciated. Best of luck on your continued success for the next visits and please make sure to keep all of us interested folk in the loop!
Joseph Magnuson

archaichoney

Unread post by archaichoney » Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:43 am

What have some of you done when a person straight up asks what you're doing sitting at a crossroads? Do you tell them the truth?

I had a young homeless woman approach me this morning. Thankfully she whistled as she came up behind me! We talked for a bit, and she did eventually ask me what I was up to. I told her the truth, didn't really see a point in lying about it. She gave me a fist-bump and told me about a powerful place where I could go to meet "rock people." She did apologize for interrupting me, which she didn't really. I explained to her that whatever happens at the crossroads, happens. After that she left. It did leave me feeling a little exposed and shook up, but this is supposed to be an ordeal, right? Can't expect to feel all cozy and comfortable the whole time!

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:54 am

You can tell the truth like you did. I think she suspected something anyway.
Just be aware of your surroundings at all times to be safe. Also, wear your Protection products.
http://www.luckymojo.com/protection.html

You can also wear a protection amulet. http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatamulets.html

I wouldn't spend too much time hanging out at that crossroads because there are other people using it for similar purposes.

If you felt exposed and shook up your spirit is telling you, you were exposed and maybe you got the "shook up" feeling as a sort of warning Be more careful because there are other things of similar nature going on there.

Take care brave one! :)
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:59 am

archaichoney: The signs we get from crossroads work can take many forms, many shapes. Which night of the work did this occur on?
Joseph Magnuson

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”