Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

archaichoney
Re: Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

Unread post by archaichoney » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:45 am

Susan Barns - Yes, I had actually put on a protection amulet just the night before. It was a Mercury Dime talisman that I had prayed over and dressed with Protection oil. I took the appearance of the woman as a test, to see if I would tell the truth. I am doing this to become a better reader. I am looking at it as proving that when I do become a talented reader, that I will never shy away from the truth of the matter to the client.

Joseph Magnuson - On the third Sunday (doing 9 Sundays). I had a feeling that this particular morning was going to be a strange one. There were insane amounts of fog and mist out. Everything was distorted and otherworldly.

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:31 am

archiachoney, I think this is amazing! You are doing this work to grow your skills as a reader, you were approached IN THE CROSSROADS by a "homeless" woman who asked what you were up to. When you spoke the truth she offered you a gift by sharing the location of another sacred site. WOW!

Ok, so I know that I sometimes approach these things with my "new-agey" perspective, but to me, this sounds like a test and you passed! The dark man at the crossroads doesn't always show up as a literal dark man. There are so many myths out there where a powerful being comes to the person being tested in the disguise of a beggar (or homeless person). Since you spoke the truth you were gifted with information. This whole interaction makes me feel super excited.

I am curious what the sacred spot she told you about it like, but (as always) proceed with caution and be safe! I also agree with Susan...it looks like this crossroads is being used for similar purposes by other people, you might consider a new spot.
Miss Phoenix - HRCC Graduate-Apprentice #1834
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:57 am

I am 100% with Miss Phoenix on this one. Look for definite signs on the third, sixth, and final days. I felt nothing but triumph for you after reading your post. Feeling "shook up" is a good thing, shock you out of your comfort zone. Feeling uneasy for no reason and leaving the work altogether would be the common mistake that people tell of. You are on the right path here.
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

archaichoney

Unread post by archaichoney » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Miss Phoenix - Your excitement has made me excited! You expressed exactly how I felt about the encounter. It really did feel like a test.

I think I know of the area she was talking about. She told me exactly where to find it and I'm sure that based on her description, I've been there before. It's an old abandon field that has been deemed a protected area by our local parks and rec. There are lots of little cairns out there, and if I'm not mistaken, the entrance to the place is on a crossroads. I'll have to go out there and check it out a little more thoroughly.
Look for definite signs on the third, sixth, and final days.
Yes! This. I made a mental note before I went out that it was the third day and things might get a little challenging. If I wasn't feeling a little uncomfortable and shook up then I'd start to wonder if I was even doing right!

While others might be using this crossroads for a similar purpose, I won't be leaving this particular one until I'm done with the rite. I frequent the area that it's in and the graveyard right next to it is the one I usually work in. It's a strong spot!

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:32 am

I agree with Miss Phoenix as well, the "Dark Man" doesn't always show up as we think, he could show up as a "homeless woman" as well.

But if you felt "uneasy" do some divination as to why. Sometimes an "uneasy" feeling can be a warning.

Like the time I felt "uneasy" while doing work one night in a dark crossroads, not listening to my intuition, I blew the feeling off. A man approached me, grabbed my hand and tried dragging me away. He twisted my thumb and I struggled with all my strength to get away from him.

I think we can look for spiritual signs but we also have to look out for our own physical safety. Feeling "uneasy" may be your intuition telling you to be keenly aware of your surroundings. In these times we have to be aware of our safety.
Finish the rite with more vigilance.

The silver dime sounds like a great amulet to have!

Good luck!

Good luck! Keep us posted!
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:34 am

Hello, Archaichoney,
Although I am thrilled that you had an encounter, I whole heartedly agree with Susan Barnes: BE CAREFUL.
You just never know about people in this world.
Susan has given us very valuable advice that I, myself, tend to forget.
There are many criminals out there who are VERY familiar with spiritual beliefs (and use it as a con). So, they pose as something we are looking for and then "nab" us.
Although we are not allowed to talk about other religions on our forum, I will state that one of the most common entities to pose as is an entity beggar who tests believers to see if they have pity on the poor. GREAT "M.O." for a con artist (and very common)....
Just an example of real life cons.
Take care and, again, Congrats!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi Everybody!!!

OMG!!! Im still trembling... and shaking...

All day I have been celebrating St Jude and San Simon, I made them an oil lamp and we had some cake and tortilla with the rest of the altar... BD time...

I have been discussing with themthe idea of doing a cross road ritual to get better at my skills... then because there's a storm i was waiting for the right time to walk the dog... As I was approaching a cross road the church bell rang midnight, so i stood there with no tool, and just said: i want to be better at hoodoo, i want my spells to work... then i heard some noises, so i carried on (not scraed!) i want to be better at hoodoo... Then my dog started barking so I look and there he was!!! A man! dressed all in black!!! and he spoke to me!!! in a weird language... so i said im sorry i dont understand what ur saying... and then he said i think im dying... and im dog was barking at him, and he never barks at any one... so i said to him dont be scared, and he said i need help... so i said the police is just over there...

then after that he went that direction, and after a small car arrived with aman that camme out looked at the guy in black walking away and went behind a construction hut for a minute and came out again... he strangely looked like the archangel michael with his hair all nice... i cant stop thinking did i just sell my soul to the devil? was michael to late to save me? i dont think i sold my soul to the devil by the way... its just a thought crossing my mind...

anywho... i am now shacking... did i pass? did i fail? i have to return for 9 days I believe so... I guess next time i will bring some herbs with me... but omg i cant believe a man dressed in black came!!! woohoohoo!!!!! Im gonna write about this on my blog!

started a blog on my spells to share my disasters and successes from a novice point of view lol... its fun and it helps getting over the spell once i realise how much the spell involved :)

anywho! try the cross road ritual!!! let us know if anything black comes ur way!!!

PS I was in the streets in my citty!!! u can do this at any cross road/street/avenue.... u get my point! :)
Bless it Be!

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:01 pm

Hey guys...

I just noticed I live AT a T cross road... Anybody has information about actually living at a crossroad? my neighbourghood is labyrinth of crossroads! I have too many disposal places at my service! hehehe... But Im just wondering about LIVING at a cross road...

:)
Bless it Be!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:21 pm

berlingreen

WOW! WOW! WOW!
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!
We are so proud of you!!
And a great idea about the blog. Good for you!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First: I looooove my dog!!!!!
2: He came again but this time a black skin man and the dog barked again thats how i knew it was him and as he left he waved good bye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg!!!!!!! i cant believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

please please please if anyone experienced the same lets chat i just cant believe it was him again!!!!!!!!!! This time I took my jars and my pendulum with me!!!! OMG!!!! This is SOOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!!!!!! I felt shivers all over like yesterday but today i'm more settled just cannot wait tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! wow!!!!!!!!!!!
Bless it Be!

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:22 pm

I forgot to ask a question... I hear some people leave pennies and stuff for papa legba at xrds... am i supposed to this every day? at the end of the ritual? ive not left anything yet :) thanx for the input really would help if i knew that :)
Bless it Be!

Papa Newt
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Papa Newt » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:34 pm

Papa Legba is one of the spirits of the Vodou religion, and is not apart of Hoodoo or worked with in Hoodoo at all. Be sure to read A Brief Hoodoo History and Hoodoo and Religion.
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1649G
Thank you, St. Expedite!

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:38 pm

Hi PapaNew

Well im new to hoodoo and i was reading the articles but got a little bit confused with all the information... I amnot sure i was supposed to call Papa megba or not and I never plan to do the ritual i just happened to be at the cross roads... at midnight... i was walking my dog....

so then maybe its not papa legba maybe its another spirit... i dont really know but twice i was visited by 1. a man dressed in pblack speaking a foreign language and tonight 2. by a dark skin man...

understand im super confused please... :)
Bless it Be!

TawanaNicole
HRCC Student

Unread post by TawanaNicole » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:47 pm

berlingreen

A big WOW! Is indeed warranted for your experience. I too have been wanting to do the crossroads ritual but haven't gotten the nerve. It's a shame there's 2 about 2 blocks from where I'm staying. Good luck and please do report on your experiences.
TawanaNicole

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:40 am

hi satinice

thanx for ur kind words of encouragement. This platform is great for that!

One thing Ive always had is guts, and doubts, but mainly guts... and tonight I will go again! Dont be scared to try... Protect urself, i was wearing my protection mojo bag, and I was with my dog... which btw is great because he never barks at anyone but everytime i was visited at xrds he barked :)

of course i will report back! I have a blog where i report everything but i dont know if im allowed to share it with you guys as this is the Lucky Mojo forum... I do use their product though...

Today Im initiating a friend and we are off to the wicca store for supplies! :)
Bless it Be!

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:19 pm

hi guys!

ok so the xrds was really busy tonight and well... does a black car count? i saw nothing else... not a cat... not a bird... does it mean i passed the test? im gonna go again tomorrow and drop pennies just in case :)

any comments welcome!!! :)
Bless it Be!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:08 pm

Yep. a black car counts. LOL. In the old days a black horse and rider might be seen. These days, a black car signifies the same thing.

There are a lot of folks using this forum who are inexperienced with the tradition of rootwork, conjure or hoodoo, and somehow they are picking up a lot of funky, false, and downright dippy information on the internet about the role of the crossroads in rootwork.

This post is designed to be quoted or pointed to by anyone who wishes to set straight anyone on the forum who is confused about crossroads work:

1) Read about the Crossroads here in "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode:
http://luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

2) Read about the Crossroads at the "Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers" site:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... Crossroads

3) Read about how to dispose of or deploy ritual elements and hoodoo tricks at a crossroads in this page from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode:
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#crossroads

4) When using a crossroads for disposal or dispersal of spell work, you do not need to make "an offering to the crossroads," in hoodoo, though that is certainly done by some folks who have been influenced by West African religions.

5) In all my many years as a worker, i have never heard that you need to avoid returning to a "used" crossroads or that you should only use a crossroads you won't pass by again. Just go to your local crossroads and do your work, but when you leave it, don't look back. (Maybe folks have confused the idea of "don't LOOK back" with "don't GO back" ? ? ? If so, get over it.)
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:14 am

Thank you miss cat for taking time to reply to my humble self. thank you. thank you so much. I know u are a busy woman but ur input is ever so precious.

I also did see a black cyclist, but i had no shivers last night as opposed to the other nights. Ok then I will go back tonight. At which point should i give offerings? I was thinking coins and tobacco :)

My bible now contains 25 euro :) I think I will buy my first book from you with this :) The green book I want first I think. Is this recommended to buy it first or another one? as I would like to take the course next year :)
Bless it Be!

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:12 am

Hi guys

last night i got a black bike that rang the bell and i got chills in the legs! yay!
Bless it Be!

berlingreen

Unread post by berlingreen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:56 pm

Hello peeps!

xrds experience day 4 and 5!

day 4: a man on a bike, black bike and black clothes
day 5: again a man on a bike who said hello
day 6: 3 black men in a black car...

3 more night people 3 more nights... Then I will bring some pennies, tobacco and whiskey at xrds, and then I will cast my spells as follow:
1. Fiery wall of protection
2. Reconciliation along with IS
3. Loadstone kit to bring me serenity, prosperity and success in new business venture!

Will keep uz update! :)
Bless it Be!

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:24 pm

If someone could please enlighten me this would be great. I am a singer who is 24 years old. Ever since I was a kid I would tell my mom I want to be famous like Michael Jackson. They say that you only have a 1 in a million chance of being famous and my friend who moved to Los Angeles a few years ago tells me if I ever wanted to move to LA to pursue my music dreams I would be wasting my time because millions of people want to be famous who move to LA every year and less then 1% of those people make it big.

If you do a search on YouTube you can see videos of celebrities who have admitted to selling their souls to the devil in exchange for fame. Katy Perry is one of the ones I saw where she did an interview and told the interviewer she sold her soul to the devil for fame and that is how she got famous. I have read so many contradicting stories about this. Some say they successfully did it and got what they wanted and others say they gave up after years of trying cause they never got what they wanted.

My question is if I wanted to sell my soul to the devil in exchange for becoming a famous celebrity artist (hypothetically speaking) what are my chances to make this work and what would I need to do to make this work? What spells do I start with? I read something about going to the crossroads to make you better at a certain skill (in my case make me a better singer) and that may help but I am unsure of how that works. If anyone can enlighten the dummy inside me that would be great.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:59 pm

Hi johnny860,

I've merged your post into the long thread on the Crossroads Ritual. Please read through the many available pages which will elucidate a lot of your questions. If you still have specific unanswered questiions after your reading, feel free to ask and we'll be happy to help :)
Aura Laforest
----------------------------------------
Thank you, St. Joseph of Cupertino

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:23 pm

Aura, Please allow me to extend my deepest apologies. Had I found this original 7 page post before I could have saved myself the trouble of having to start a new thread just to have it merged so I am sorry for that.

As for the actual ritual I am going through with it (I am confident I can do it). I do however have a more general question about this "man in black" that I would like to ask. Why is he called the man in black or as some people call him the dark man if he is not always a man in black and if he is not always a dark man?

I ask you because someone posted on one of the other pages about seeing a homeless women who stopped and asked what they were doing at the crossroad and someone responded to them saying this could have been the dark or black man communicating with them. But then how come the black man or the dark man does not appear always as a person dressed in black or a dark man? This person said it was a homeless women not a man and other posts I have read I see people say things about black cars or black cats being seen but no black man or man in black. Just wondering why that is?

Also about the crossroads I see that the crossroads (from reading all 7 pages here) is about helping you with a certain skill so you can become better with it (in my case singing) but none of the posts I saw mentioned anything about making it big and being discovered as an artist. Can the crossroads help with that too if I make a request to not only better my singing but get discovered as a famous artist?

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:04 am

Hi johnnyr860,

Everyone's experience at the cross-roads is uniquely personal: what they see, how they feel it and what occurs will be appropriate to the person going through it. Some repeat the spell until they feel they've had a clear sign, some don't. Some really do see a ''dark man'' (and from having had him visit me in dream just once, back when I first started practicing conjure - I can say that his energy, whatever form it takes, is hard to mistake for someone else - and what that energy projects and feels like may have a lot to do with why he's called the dark man, but then that's just my own opinion), others see black animals, forms, sense a presence, are touched by wind, sudden rain or storm or just make a truly unlikely encounter. There are no set rules on how the ritual plays out.

With regards to a request as specific as yours, I'd keep in mind the saying, ''Pray to God that the bus will wait and then run like Hell to catch it.'' Can the crossroads ritual help? Sure. Is it a guarantee of success? Nothing is in this world except death and taxes. So be specific about what you want and then make sure you're taking the mundance and magical actions necessary to support that dream and bring it into existence.

You can read more about the ritual here: http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html and in your specific case, you might also want to consider looking at the Blues Boy mojo hand as a personal toby: blues-boy-special-mojo-hand-questions-a ... d1a064351c

Blessings and Success to You
Aura Laforest

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:34 am

Hello again Aura and thank you for the response to my questions. I do have one last question I wanted to ask. I noticed that someone on a previous page mentioned bringing a keyboard to the crossroads but because a keyboard is so big they cannot just carry a keyboard all the way to the crossroad itself so he asked for a solution as to what he might do and someone suggested he buy a smaller sized keyboard like one that is small enough to carry around anywhere. Now my question instead of that could I not just use my ipad? Let me explain. On the ipad I have a virtual piano app that allows you to play the piano on your ipad and even lets you record what you play and play it back after your done. Would bringing my ipad and using this virtual piano app count as bringing my instrument to the crossroads even though it's not physically a piano? I know it sounds weird that I ask I just figured if I could save the money instead of having to buy another piano that is smaller that would be good. Thanks again.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:01 am

Hi johnnyr860,

Using your Ipad and the piano app would be an excellent alternative :)
Aura Laforest

johnnyr860

Unread post by johnnyr860 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:37 pm

aura

Hello I just wanted to do an update as something really big just happened to me today and I felt the need to share this with you and I am not sure how this is possible.

When I get home today I decided to watch some music videos on YouTube. I meant to click on a music video for this song I like and I accidentally clicked on someone elses video. Turns out the video that I happened to accidentally click was from a producer who works at Sony Records. This man is a studio producer for a lot of big name artists like Kelly Clarkson and even Carrie Underwood. In his video was a seminar of how to get discovered and get a record deal from a major record label. He tells everyone everything that the record companies are looking for and what you need to do step by step. The video was about an hour long so I watched it surprised that I somehow made it to this mans video by complete accident.

Now when the video was finished I remembered that the trash was full so I went to take it outside. By this time it's already late and dark out (around midnight) but as I exit my apartment building I see a black cat standing next to my car. It was looking right at me. usually when you walk towards a cat here they either run off into the woods or run under someones car. But this black cat was standing right there staring at me and as I walk closer and closer I noticed the cat was not running away. So I left and went to the dumpster figuring (let me leave the poor cat alone). I get to the dumpster. I throw my trash away and noticed a black man walking towards me. However he had not noticed me. As I walk away from the dumpster he sees me up close and says "hey man you startled me there I didn't notice you standing there from afar." He asked how I was this evening and I said ok just trying to keep warm from all this cold weather we are having. He said I hear you and I walked away and back into my apartment.

I did not even do a ritual whatsoever. I had no plans to start until tomorrow as I have been researching more to make sure I do this correctly. Yet somehow in the sum of this evening I accidentally clicked on a guys video from a record producer from Sony records and right after I saw a black cat and a black man who both made contact with me.

So how is that possible? Could it just be a coincidence? Why did he visit me if I had not done the ritual to begin with? Not a problem at all. I feel as if the accidental clicking of the video was a sign that I should pursue my musical dream cause I may have a stronger chance of being discovered. I am happy but a little confused as to what just happened on this fine evening.

aura
Forum Moderator

Unread post by aura » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:27 am

Looks like your intention is already helping signs manifest around you: congratulations :) Consider it like pushing a grain of sand on the top of a muddy mountain. As the sand or gravel makes its way down-hill, tiny as it may have been, it accumulates mud and other stones and earth and branches and by the bottom it's become a boulder. You pushed the grain of sand.

Now go and do your ritual and follow the advice from the video and go on out and get famous!
Aura Laforest

archaichoney

Unread post by archaichoney » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:53 pm

johnnyr860, I think that's a clear sign to get working on that crossroads rite!

Best of luck to you :)

Asecerack

Unread post by Asecerack » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:13 am

Question about the pennies as payment portion, does it have to be pennies or can they be any coin? The National Bank of Canada stopped cycling pennies as of last year so we're stuck with nickles as our lowest cent, pennies are quite rare now :-/
Strength without Restraint is useless; Power without Vision is empty.
-Former Master

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:48 pm

Hello, Asecerack ,
Just go to the upper right hand corner of this page. In the dark green area, there is a white search box. Enter the words: offering crossroads
You will see that others have given different offerings.
I hope this helps.
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Asecerack

Unread post by Asecerack » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:52 am

Alrighty thx Miss Aida!
-Former Master

Asecerack

Unread post by Asecerack » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:41 pm

Hello again, I just finished a nine day ritual to meet the man at the crossroads which ended last night. I was just wanting to share what had happened. I'll try to make this short so as to not bore everyone.

So I was coming down from my condo to the crossroads that I had prayed to meet the man and waited for midnight to hit.

While I was waiting, I busted out my favourite grimoires and started reading, I had planned to use this as the item that symbolized what I wanted to learn ie magic. So I was just chillaxing and everything was normal until midnight hit. I looked at my phone to see the clock had struck 0000 and immediately the nasty cold wind that was blowing had died.

Frankly it wasn't just the wind that I noticed, but all the noise seemed to have died away. I couldn't hear a single thing, not one car from the old island highway, hell the air was pretty much dead.

So I kinda shrugged it off and went back to reading.

A few moments later, something was moving in my peripheral vision, so I quickly looked up and what I could only describe to be a shadow of a man in a jacket and a baseball cap. The dark gray mass moved twice, a little too inhumanly. One for the speed at which it moved and also the way it moved. I managed to catch a glimpse of it doing a very freaky and very speedy version of a "moonwalk". Mind you I use that term loosely. It came from the east road then moved to the north road. I had to take a moment to digest what I saw. Then question it.

I then went back to reading.

Another few moments later, I heard what was to be a jet plane coming from the north side of the crossroad. The reason why I was totally raising my eyebrow at this point was that

1) Judging from the sound alone it was WAY too loud and flying WAY too close to the ground, as if it was lifting off or landing right on top of me

The closest airport is 30 mins away but it can only handle propeller driven planes as the runway is too short, not to mention of the four years I've been living in this city this is the first time I had heard a jet plane flying over this city.

2) I couldn't see it worth the life of me considering where the sound was coming from.

3) Judging from the sound, the plane was moving WAY too slowly to be flying, let alone lifting off or touching down. Not to mention the jet engine noise was reverberating.

I took a few moments to contemplate on what had happened.

Then I started reading again.

After that, the nasty cold wind started blowing again. A pleasant Caucasian lady in a blue poofy coat passed by and said hi, and then the crossroad got busy as hell with vehicles. So I decided to go home because of the cold as well as the circling rent-a-cop that had now appeared. I got home at 0015 which at that time my phone alarm proceeded to give me a heart attack.

So that was my experience at the crossroads.

My question is, can the man at the crossroads "appear" to be a plane or a noise of a plane?

-Former Master

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:03 am

Asecerack, although I think that the airplane sign is likely a positive one, I am curious why you are fixating on that symbol? It sounds like the dark man appeared and was present. I would take the sound that you were hearing as part of this manifestation, but more important, is the visual manifestation that you had. Sounds good to me.

Asecerack

Unread post by Asecerack » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:10 am

With the experiences that I have with spirits and the spirit world, sound seems to come first before sight in my history when I deal with spirits, so I put more emphasis on sounds before sights.

And thank you for your confirmation.

I do have a question though, does direction matter when it comes to interpreting the manifestations that come of meeting with the spirit of the crossroads or is that nitpicking it?

The "moonwalking" shadow going from east to north and the airplane coming from the north to south?

-Former Master

Miss Phoenix
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Phoenix » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:07 am

Ascerack, from what I understand, directional omens will vary from lineage, tradition, or training. In one region an omen from the south is a negative, but the region right next door holds that as a positive. So this is a tricky question to answer. This is one of these situations where you probably already know the answer. However, if you need outside conformation a reading could help.

QueenofHeartsK

Unread post by QueenofHeartsK » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 am

My Question is specifically for anyone who has gone to the crossroads to better their Rootworking skills...I know the traditions state to take the things related to the skill...so may question to you is what did you take and what techniques did you employ?

As ive been sitting here reading over the post a few things popped into my mind. Keeping in mind the things i already have on hand...take a purple candle & dress it with some oil & herbs. Another thought i had was about the fact that i'll be getting my cycle soon, and to start that same night. :shock: lol

Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Blessings to all
To learn is to live.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Hello, QueenofHeartsK,
Did you read all the posts on this subforum?
There are 7 pages. Some with testimonials.
Good luck and let us know what happens!
I get very excited when people go to the crossroads!!
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

QueenofHeartsK

Unread post by QueenofHeartsK » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:59 am

Miss Aida,
Yes i read all 7 pages, took a while :D great stuff. Im excited as well and will keep you posted
To learn is to live.

Asecerack

Unread post by Asecerack » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:16 pm

Alrighty thx Ms. Phoenix :D
-Former Master

icebergslim

Unread post by icebergslim » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:13 am

Hi. I went to a crossroads in a country are a few months ago December I think. But anyway, I heard stories even when I was young about the blackman at crossroads. Well, I when there three nights in arow at midnight.
On the first night, I got on my knees at folk of road and stuck a brand new folk in the ground saying I wanted to know hoodoo. I got up with folk in my hand and a car came speeding by fast. I lefted with folk after car went by can't remember if I seen anything else. On the second night I did the samething and this time I walk across the road standing by stop sign almost , a white dog with black patch was walking towards me but ran past me ,by time he reached the ditch I didn't see him so I lefted with folk . On the third night it was raining, I did the samething and walked to the middle of the crossroad and I couldn't tell if it was a dark black dog or pig almost walked up to me but ran away like it was scared. I stood there a little while longer. I didn't see the blackman so I got upset, stuck the folk in the ground and left.
What did I do wrong? I thought I heard something walking in the woods but couldn't tell because of the rain.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Hello, icebergslim,
You keep mentioning the word: "Folk". What is that or what does it mean? I'm not sure that I understand what you did ritually.
You may have had signs. It sounds like you were getting very close.
But the first problem is that you got upset. You have to have patience.
How many days did you go to the crossroads? What did you do?
HRCC Graduate #1631

icebergslim

Unread post by icebergslim » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:28 am

Hello Miss Aida,
I took a brand new dinner folk to the crossroad, got on my knees like I was praying, and struck the dinner folk into the ground saying "I want to know hoodoo. Then I stand up, wait awhile and say it again a few times walking around as I was waiting about 10mins maybe when I started seeing animals. I did it 3nights in a row at 12midnight.

AprilRaine

Unread post by AprilRaine » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:30 am

I think autocorrect is turning your "fork" into "folk".

icebergslim

Unread post by icebergslim » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:44 am

Oh ok, thank you. Yes, fork .

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello, icebergslim ,
Ah! Cadijojo was right! I forgot about auto correct (which I NEVER use because it seems like it makes more mistakes than do I.
So, you did the 3 day ritual at 12:00.
The car may have been something. I don't know. The animals may have been a sign.
But, again, my concern is that I didn't like that you got upset.
My suggestion to you is to try it again, on clear nights (look at the weather forecast for the 3 days that you want to perform this), where you have time and patience.
Patience is a MUST. Remember, the man at the crossroads is doing us a favor. Not visa-versa. Be humble, be patient, be grateful. And take your time.
Let us know what happens next time, please
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

icebergslim

Unread post by icebergslim » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:34 am

Thank you Miss Aida for your support.

funnypupster

Unread post by funnypupster » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:15 am

Hi,

I have a question about crossroad rituals, I have read Miss Cat's page about it, but I still have many questions that are lurking in my mind.

If the Dark Man isn't the Devil (in the Judeo-Christian way) or a trickster, then who is he? Who are you selling your soul to then if not the devil?

And, also, what would be the consequences of the ritual (besides gaining talents/skills)? I always believed that if one sold his/her soul then his/her soul would become trapped in Hell in afterlife. Is that right?

Sorry if my questions are stupid. I just want to know as much info as possible before I start something I might regret later.

Thank you

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:39 pm

Hello, funnypupster
The man at the crossroads is who we believe him to be.
Although this is a Hoodoo forum, I personally see him as Eleggua (who is a Saint in Santeria).
You need to read this page to answer your question about who he is: www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html
There are no consequences to performing these rituals. As long as you don't go out there and verbally state that you are selling your soul, then there's nothing to worry about!!!
HOWEVER, with all these concerns (and possible fears) I suggest that you avoid the ritual. Reservations and fears make for unsuccessful spells.
Hope this helps
take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:55 am

Hello funnypupster,

I second what Miss Aida has said. It is my understanding that the man at the crossroads is a teaching spirit. I have never heard of someone having negative consequences from doing a crossroads ritual.

Peace~

Nathen

funnypupster

Unread post by funnypupster » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:37 pm

Dear Miss Aida and natstein,

I appreciate your kind answers to my question. It was very helpful.

Many blessings to you!

ConjuringCat

Unread post by ConjuringCat » Wed May 14, 2014 12:09 pm

I live in the geographical center of my city, and about 20 feet from my apartment is an intersection with 3 roads crossed like a utility pole. Would this me okay to use?

Also how long should I wait before traveling back there? I generally cross there everyday at around 8 am, if i dispose of ritual remains at midnight is it okay to cross there again at that time?

I often travel after dark with a friend, if she looks back will it void the spell or will there be negative consequences for her or myself?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu May 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Hello, ConjuringCat,
I usually use crossroads that I never go to again. So, it wouldn't hurt to go out of your way to find another crossroads that you don't pass all the time.
Also, not a good idea to look back. No.
Here is a webpage (written by Professor Porter of AIRR) on crossroads. It has pictures and everything that you wanted to know:
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/wi ... Crossroads
Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Hello Everyone,

I've been researching the Crossroads ritual. I've read this entire thread as well as the Crossroads page, a few times actually. After reading, and re-reading, I decided to use the ritual to possibly enhance and improve my hoodoo skills.

I started the ritual Monday night at midnight at a crossroads right by my business.

Monday was unnerving. I arrived at 11:56. I didn't know what to look for or expect, so I'm crossing the streets waiting at the different corners. I brought with me a bag that has some related items: some pendulums, my tarot cards, crystals, a mojo bag. I just kept saying what I say someone say here, "I want to get good at hoodoo" repeatedly while holding one the items from my bag. There was very little traffic, maybe 4 cars went by, with a large black truck pulling a trailer going past me at 12:15. I left shortly after. No real background noises that I can recall.

Tuesday night wasn't as nervous as Monday night. I brought along some items to recharge a $$$ bag, and basically did the same thing as Monday. It was quieter than I remembered, and slightly heavier. I couldn't help but want to focus on the shadow that I cast in the street. It's not a brightly lit crossroads by any means, but further up the street there is a streetlamp. The shadow seemed 'thick' in a way. Nothing weird feeling about it, just seemed to have more 'substance' than I've noticed in shadows; again, that could also be a heightened level of awareness due to the circumstances tho'. OH, btw, I did hear dogs barking in the background when I first started Tuesday night too. Traffic again about 3 or 4 cars and I left again at 12:15

I just got back a bit ago for tonight, night 3. The first two nights I had drove to the crossroads but tonight I decided to walk. I didn't hear anything while walking there. It was very very quiet which is normal, until I got to the crossroads. As I get to there, in less than 30 seconds, there are 3 cars going through the crossroads. This is really odd since it's not a high traffic area in the daytime, and definitely NOT high traffic at midnight! Shortly after, a fourth car goes by. Again, a little different than the first two nights. I'm doing the same thing tonight......walking around to the different corners, pulling out my first of two cards - which was the Ace of Swords, interesting. Anyway, I'd carry my mojo bag, hold a pendulum, as I'm going to each corner. waiting a minute or two before going to the next one, all while saying "...wanna get good at hoodoo". The end of the night was not uneventful. It had to have been around 12:10 or so.....I'm crossing the street and see a vehicle coming up to me. It's a late '90s van lighter silver with blue accents. It pulls up to the crossroads, right in the middle of both streets, and stops; simply stops. I watched it stay there for about a minute, before I cautiously walked to the area where his window was. I figured maybe he thought I needed help and needed to tell him that I'm good and send him on his way. but he wasn't looking at me or in my direction. his van was idling, and he was looking at his phone. He was an older gentleman, in his 70s possibly. good stage of balding in the front and top with some white-ish grey hair moreso in the back, but still short; except for his beard. He looked like he had a good sized beard going to his chest. He didn't look at me tho. So I went back to the corner, and then after another minute or so, he slowly heads away, turning right at the next street.

About 2 minutes later, I see the same van coming up into the crossroads, but this time he comes from another street - the street my business is on, actually. he doesn't look at me this time either, but just keeps going through the crossroads and up to the following street where he turns right, again. I can see where he's going because it's still pretty close, and he ends up coming back on the one the streets where the crossroads is, going through the crossroads a total of 3 times, from 3 different directions. He continued on down, albeit slower than the speed limit. As I see him finally turn onto a main road, I look at the time 12:14. I hung out for a couple more minutes, but nothing else really happened; until I started walking back to my business when I heard a catcall whistle.

I had read that you might see signs on the 3rd, 6th, & final days of the ritual, and I think the van was my sign. He never looked at me, that I can recall. I was scared!!! I'm standing in the middle of the street at midnight, and there's a huge family van idling 10 feet away from me!!!!! I really wanted to bolt, but I didn't. I waited it out. I didn't know what to expect. And it made it even more weirder when he HAS to see me there, and still just stop his van in the middle of the street right next to me...at midnight!!!! If that's not a sign, I don't know what is. If it's ok, I'd like to continue to post my experiences throughout the ritual.

Btw, I love the community here!! Lots of knowledge and generosity here!!!!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:59 pm

Hello, sant430,
Wow! Wow! Wow!
Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Thank you!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:28 am

Hello Miss Aida,
You are most welcome!

Last night's happenings paled in comparison to wednesday's, but that's quite all right. I had a lot of what seemed to me smaller signs. I've also been reading the thread on signs, so I'm trying to pay close attention to my surroundings. Anyway, the evening was mostly clear with few clouds above me.

When I arrived, I again had a very quick influx of traffic coming from 3 of the 4 directions. This isn't a very busy area, so it's a little weird having so many vehicles. 4 cars in 5 minutes, then quiet. It seemed dark. I noticed a cat was walking nearby and ended up crossing the street, about 20 feet from me. Right after the cat crosses the street, I saw my first streak of lightning further up from where i was. i didn't expect any lightning because again, above me is very clear. I saw 3 other instances of lightning while there. The night ended with a guy who works across the street from me goes to his garage, switches to a work truck, and then leaves the same way he arrived.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:28 pm

Hello, sant430,
Can't wait to hear the results!!
Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:49 am

So, days 5 & 6 weren't as direct with any vans pulling up or whatnot. I've noticed that one of the corners has a trees that has bugs will 'sing' to me, and then abruptly stop......stopping as no more sounds from the trees - at all. That happened both nights. There was traffic from 3 of the 4 directions, and there is a black truck (not the same person) going by too. The black trucks usually come by around 1210ish.....Also on night 5, I remember hearing the railroad train whistle two times.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Hello, sant430,
Wow, you getting signs everywhere!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:01 pm

Hello Miss Aida!
Thank you again. I'm trying to take in everything that had happened, and not discounting even the most trivial things.

Nights 7 & 8 were heavy. Last night (night 7) was very very dark, and twice as quiet! Not one vehicle came by last night. No bugs singing, no cars, no trains.....dead silence; no cats walking in the background. Wait, there was a type of industrial fan that I heard both last night and tonight; other than that, no other sounds or noises last night. As quiet as it was, it felt like I was being watched the entire time. Not scary or bad in any way, just watched......I kept having this feeling that something was about to happen; i didn't know specifically what, just something.

Tonight was the polar opposite. I just got back about 10 minutes ago. Once I arrived, I had noticed something right away; everything was LOUD! I kept hearing cars all over the place. Vehicles (2 black cars, and a light colored truck) were traveling on all the roads. It seemed to be brighter than last night too; how that could be I don't know. No bugs in the tree tho'. I heard the train, cars, motorcycles...almost like rush hour. There were two distinct points when I heard a vehicle racing towards me, but I saw nothing. Both times I heard an very loud engine (think glass packs, or old school cherry bomb mufflers on muscle cars) moving towards me, and getting louder! The first time I heard it I was in the middle of the street, and ran onto the sidewalk because I thought I was going to get run over. The second time wasn't as loud, but my ears heard an engine getting louder that most people would attribute to closer proximity. Tonight was also very very heavy. I felt like I was being watched the entire time there tonight. I also seemed to have peripheral tracers that weren't something that I experienced before. In other words, it seemed like I was constantly seeing something out of the corners of my eyes. The night finished with a UPS truck racing past me, probably rushing to get off the clock. He came pretty close to me. I was on the corner that he was turning left on, and he didn't slow down much at all to compensate the turn. Very very close.

Tomorrow is my last night. Again, thank you all for taking the time to read. :)

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”