Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

Santiago
HRCC Student
Re: Crossroads and Crossroads Ritual: Questions and Answers

Unread post by Santiago » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:09 pm

oh wait.....

i forgot to mention. Right after the UPS truck flew by me, I crossed the street and started to head to the opposite diagonal corner. For whatever reason, I'm seeing if I can find anything in the road; i don't know what I'm looking for, but I'm finding myself looking. The kicker is, I did find something. I don't know how I saw it, but in the middle of the crossroads, I find a tiny square award looking medallion. It has yellow and black stripes on the lower diagonal half. The stripes are vertical. The top diagonal triangle is white with the words 'safety committee' also there. I don't know how I was able to see this. it's been run over, you can tell, and it was facing downward, so all I could've seen was metallic grey against concrete.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:55 pm

Hello, sant430 ,
Can't wait to read what happens tomorrow!
So exciting!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Hello Miss Aida,
I'm excited too. Do you happen to have any suggestions what to do with the little medallion? I feel like it's a gift, but I don't quite don't know what I could do with it, or how I could possibly use it.

I'm appreciative and thankful for this experience. I'm getting ready to head out in a bit, and I'll post after I'm done.

Thank you all again for taking the time to read my posts! :)

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:20 pm

Hello,
Tonight was my last night. It was different. I didn't know what to expect; especially with as much that happened last night. At 1201, a small dark truck drove by. shortly after, about 5 minutes later, I'm walking in the middle of the crossroads. Looking behind me up the street where a streetlamp is, I see a fox about half a block up that appeared to be walking cautiously my way. it ended up stopping and turned off onto a side street. At 1210 a light-colored suv type vehicle went by. At 1215, I saw something that I forgot to mention last night. I saw this bicyclist head up from the main highway to a side street further up from where i was. This also happened last night. Nothing eventful, but patternistic. About ready to head out, I hear a very loud vehicle coming by. Coming from the south, is a red newer model Camaro sound loud as all hell. It drives past me, slow, and very loud. I wonder if this may have been the vehicle I heard last night. I don't know. This was a wonderful experience. Very eventful, and insightful. I'm going to do it again; I'm thinking a few times actually. I'd like to take what gifts I've received while doing the crossroads ritual, and really make the most out of them. I'm brain dead now. I'll post more when I get up tomorrow morning.

Again, thank you all for reading! :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:28 pm

Hello, sant430,
Hold n to that medallion!!
Maybe out it in a mojo hand? I don't know.
I think that it will come to you.
Was kind of hoping that you would meet the man at the crossroads: face-to-face and share with us!
But, hopefully, things will start happening for you!
Thank you for all these posts so that we can all learn from your experiences. You made me feel like I was right there with you
It's really appreciated
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:36 am

Hello Miss Aida,
Regarding the medallion, I also thought of a Mojo Bag of some sorts. It was a very fulfilling experience. I am taking this as a springboard into my learning and new exposure to hoodoo and LM. I want to do it again.

It's going to be awhile tho'. I used this ritual to enhance my skills in rootwork and conjuring. Yesterday, I ordered a Master Hand Jack Ball. I think this is a good way to take my learning to a deeper level. After I've worked, practiced, read, read, and read some more, I'll do it again. Next time, I want to do it a little stronger. I'm thinking possibly a Black Arts Spell kit, right before I begin the next one. Also, use Road Opener Oil on all the days. I only used it on the last days. I don't know why I didn't use it before; I wasn't thinking and got caught up in to much ritual excitement :? :D I didn't use psalms this time either, so next time I'll incorporate them too.

Mimi123

Unread post by Mimi123 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:27 am

Since this is a subforum on crossroads, I'll post this question here.
In the many pages I've read here as well as the rest of the forum, often people talk about laying tricks at multiple crossroads, leading away from a target's home.
For instance, if you want your target to move closer to you, packets with personal concerns, Come to Me oil or an equivalent, etc, are dropped at crossroads leading away from the target's home towards your own.
I've never seen a full description of the work so I'm guessing at parts of it. Did I get it right?
What exactly should go into the packets and how many packets should be dropped? 7? 9? More?
Any input anybody can offer is appreciated. I'll be within range of my target's home next week and would like to try it.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:47 pm

Hello, Mimi123,

Yes, you got that right!

You can use Lucky mojo sachet powders (that have been laced with your personal belongings), you can use the candle wax remains that you had burned I your ritual to bring him to you, you can use dirt from your yard, dirt from your home, etc.

I would do at least 9. That makes a nice trail.

Here's another link (not sure if you saw it. Doesn't answer your question but it's more information for you) http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... Crossroads

I personally wouldn't use packets. I would have the items loose. But that's just the way that I do it. My thinking is that it makes a nicer direct trail.

Wishing you the best
HRCC Graduate #1631

Mimi123

Unread post by Mimi123 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:18 am

Thank you so much for the link to the crossroads information and for your input. I'll set to work assembling the materials I need to leave my trail right now.
Again, thank you so much for your help

Zee Rohour

Unread post by Zee Rohour » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:44 pm

:D Dear sant430,
I think you got some great signs in your crossroads work. The lightening, in my view, means you have been given the power you asked for. If the cat you saw was black, then you had your meeting. You would have met the young, and very interesting Papa Legba, If you see a black dog, you meet his older, refined and no less dangerous side. I believe you have a deal.
My pilgrimage to "the" crossroads in North Mississippi was just about as weird, compressed into an hour. All I really wanted was to see the place for myself. I had some gifts with me, I gave those, then a black cat, and then a black dog both wandered right up to me and ASKED me what I wanted. At the time, I had NO CLUE what this meant... All I knew is that it ain't normal for both a dog and a cat to wander up to a stranger and sit down in front of her and ask what she wanted. I didn't ask anything, all I said is that I wanted to see the place with my own eyes, maybe hear what the ghost of Robert Johnson had to say and leave a few gifts. Apparently that was ok, because they got up and left. I finished with the last of my stuff, made a pile of it and drove down the road a bit further. Came back by 30 mins later. Every drop of the stuff I left, gone.
Papa likes pound cake, chocolate, Reese's, and 3 shiny pennies. A good tobacco is never turned down either and I try to always bring a drink. I don't do ANY work unless I get him to open the road first. I mean nothing. If you have a porch, sit on it in the evening, see if you don't see a man, with a cane, limping a little, walking down your street. You always be sure to speak to him.
Now, things will get really weird when you make some gifts to Baron Samedi, then start seeing HIM walk down the street, or hear him laugh. He is what he is... :shock:
Enjoy it, its a good time.
zee rouhour

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:29 pm

Hello Zee,

I as reading your response and while I found it interesting I think it is important to note that what you are talking about does not really fit in with hoodoo. You are referencing spirits that are worked with in Voodoo but these spirits are not found within hoodoo. While it is possible that the black cat Sant430 saw is tied to a Voodoo spirit it seems more likely to me that she simply met the spirit of the crossroads. I understand that Legba is also a crossroads spirit it is important to note that he is not the only crossroads spirit. Because Sant430 was working within the context of hoodoo it is more likely that the experiences were brought on by the teaching crossroads spirit found within hoodoo. We have to be careful of taking someones experience out of its original context and applying meanings from traditions outside of the one being practiced.

That said I must say that reading your account of working at the crossroads Sant430 was fascinating! I think you definitely had some strong signs that you were being empowered to do hoodoo! I wonder if the little medallion you found is a sign of the type of work you may be more gifted for doing. Perhaps your talent is going to be in doing protection work and keeping people safe? Just a thought!

Peace~

Nathen

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:32 am

Hello everyone, HEllo Zee & Nathan! Thank you for your replies and responses! :) They made me smile and reading them gave me goosebumps. I never thought of the lightning as a symbol either. What I'm typing right now is just what's running through my head at the moment. I also didn't think of the medallion as a sign of what type of work to do. I run my own business, and that's running a martial arts studio. I am in process of implementing the power beauty and potential of hoodoo into my personal life as well as my business life. I'm wondering if there's a connection between my work/my hoodoo work and the medallion, now that I think about it.

There's something I wanted to post the few days after, but I hesitated thinking I was just being redundant. Anyway, there was something that happened on my way into my car to go home on that last night. After the camaro left, I heard it roaring around the side roads, but thought it left when it got quiet. Then right when I open my car door, I hear a loud sports car coming by the area AGAIN. I didn't have time to run back to the crossroads and try to catch the car as you could hear it coming FAST. I feel I should've tried to go back anyway :?

The other thing was, since then, EVERYWHERE I look I see Red Trucks, Red Mustangs and Red Camaros - some strong orange ones, but Red was the primary hue. This is how it's been since; even today coming in. I can't help but see Red Trucks Maroon Trucks Maroon Sports Cars - it's like everyone in friggin town went red - orange red - maroon - burgendy. I'll see other colors at times. But the red is strong and prevalent, and it's either with black or white. It's weird - kinda like when you see other cars that are identical to yours on the road - you notice them, you know?

I'm going to do another crossroads ritual - I want to meet Papa Legba. I feel like there's something going on with him - I could be way off base, but that's what I feel. I want to get some road opener oil, black arts oil/powder/incense, and some offerings (all of Zee's recommendations really got me thinking!!) I'll do another 9 day at the same place. But I can't help but see the reds/darks and reds/whites combos. I'm seeing some type of symbolism everywhere, but I just don't know what I'm looking at or feeling........

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:18 pm

Hello, sant430

You will most likely find out what you're looking for and feeling

And we can't wait to hear about everything!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 am

Thank you for your kind words Miss Aida. :)

I'm thinking of doing a 3 day ritual this weekend. 9 days is tough with the kids and coordinating, but my daughter is going camping this weekend with her mom so I'll have a bit more flexibility. I'm most likely going to use the same crossroads, again at midnight. I don't have any black arts oil, but I thought I might be able to make a small amount based on the recipe that Miss Cat put on the recipe page. I"m aware that's it's not very strong at all, but I thought it would be better than nothing. I have a little bit of LM road opener too.

I did consider trying a different location; either a state highway bridge over water in a rural area, or a crossroads closer to my house. If I did the bridge, I also thought of doing it at sunrise this time.

MAV4594

Unread post by MAV4594 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:27 pm

Hello everybody,

After some serious thinking I have decided to go through with the crossroads ritual with the black man. My question is can it be performed twice? Im doing it for mastery of divination through tarot. But I'd also like to do for mastery in hoodoo.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:57 pm

I have done it twice, for two different reasons -- but i must add that several years separated the two experiences.

There are a lot of folks using this forum who are inexperienced with the tradition of rootwork, conjure or hoodoo, and somehow they are picking up a lot of funky, false, and downright dippy information on the internet about the role of the crossroads in rootwork.

This post is designed to be quoted or pointed to by anyone who wishes to set straight anyone on the forum who is confused about crossroads work:

1) Read about the Crossroads here in "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode:
http://luckymojo.com/crossroads.html

2) Read about the Crossroads at the "Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers" site:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/index. ... Crossroads

3) Read about how to dispose of or deploy ritual elements and hoodoo tricks at a crossroads in this page from "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" by cat yronwode:
http://luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html#crossroads

4) When using a crossroads for disposal or dispersal of spell work, you do not need to make "an offering to the crossroads," in hoodoo, though that is certainly done by some folks who have been influenced by West African religions.

5) In all my many years as a worker, i have never heard that you need to avoid returning to a "used" crossroads or that you should only use a crossroads you won't pass by again. Just go to your local crossroads and do your work, but when you leave it, don't look back. (Maybe folks have confused the idea of "don't LOOK back" with "don't GO back" ? ? ? If so, get over it.)
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Sea_Pearl
Newly Registered

Unread post by Sea_Pearl » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:26 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience and ask your opinion.
A month ago I decided to do a spell, I am quite new at this so have been reading this forum, researched online and bought all the products - candles, oils, herbs ....
The spell was done 2 days ago and today I went to a Crossroad to make an offering to Baron and Bridget.
While I was there, a black Man showed up walking a dog, he stopped and spoke with me for about 5 min, told me his name is Barry and his dog's name is Junior. Spoke about some other things too.

Now I know this is not an exact science but I don't believe in coincidentes, could this mean my offerings have been accepted?

Thanks.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:03 pm

Hello, Sea_Pearl,

Could be. I bet it was

I know for sure if I never see the person again.

These entities can show up as anybody.

I had an entity show up in a furniture store (dressed like an employee); a homeless man, a Physician, etc.

One minute they are flesh and blood. Next minute (blink of an eye), they're gone!

So, like I had said, it could be.

If so, CONGRATS!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Sea_Pearl
Newly Registered

Unread post by Sea_Pearl » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:52 am

Hi Miss Aida,

That is interesting, I never new these entities could show up in a store, but I imagine that comes with experience.
How do you identify them from an actual store emplyoee?

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:59 pm

In this evening's show, one of the readings involved making a mojo bag at the crossroads with the Temperance card as a petition paper. I wonder how using other cards as petition papers for this bag would work. I was thinking of either The Magician, or possibly The Devil (I"m a capricorn so I thought this card would be ideal for) would be an ideal petition paper. This was to be done at the light of a white candle. I was also wondering is dressing the white candle with Black Arts Oil (and possibly the mojo bag?) for that evening.

I have to listen to the show again to get all the details, ingredients and whatnot. This is on my calendar for next year.

Thank you all for looking! :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:15 pm

Hello, Sea_Pearl,

The spirit at the store said something to me that only a spirit would know. He walked away and I turned my head and looked back and he was gone. Initially, I thought he was a store employee but he walked differently (with pride and self confidence) and wasn't concerned about anyone or anything but me.

You just know when it's over. If you're experienced, you'll know right away.

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Hello, sant430,

You might want to contact that AIRR member and pay them for magical coaching on this topic.

They would know better as it was their presentation

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:00 am

Yes Ma'am, thank you. A consultation is perfect. Why didn't I think of that.

I'm going to listen to it again to get all the particulars.

niyoru

Unread post by niyoru » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:56 am

I have read through this topic and didn't find the answer I am looking for. I would like to do the crossroads ritual at dawn, which is close to 7:00 AM this time of year. But sometimes I have to be at work at 7:00 AM. Is there a way around this? I know there are no hard and fast rules with this type of work, but I would like to know what is the best option. Should I go earlier when I have time to go, or switch to midnight for the one night?

Thank you. And if this question has already been answered and it is in this topic, can someone direct me to which page it is on? Because I did not see if it was already discussed.

natstein
Forum Moderator

Unread post by natstein » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Hello niypru,

I personally would not change the time. If you decide to do midnight I would do midnight for every day that you do the ritual, if you choose to do down then only do that. If you can take that day off of work or see if they will let you come in late on that day.

Peace~

Nathen

niyoru

Unread post by niyoru » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:10 pm

Thank you.

misskitty49

Unread post by misskitty49 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:42 am

I've disposed of small things at the crossroads like bath water and freezer spells, but I'm about ready to dispose of a poorly-made vinegar jar and want to know if I should leave anything for Papa Legba. This vinegar jar is a little more important to me. I'm tossing it because it has been leaking from day one and doesn't seem to have worked, so I'm starting a new one. I'm hoping that by acknowledging Papa Legba he might grant the petition inside the jar anyway. I'm just not sure if it works that way?

I've heard you are supposed to create a relationship with Papa Legba the way you would a saint. I've never called him before, and I'm a little nervous to stand on the corner for longer than I have to (bad neighborhood). Is there a prayer I can do at home before I go to the crossroads, or can I leave him something as a token of good faith?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed May 06, 2015 9:31 pm

Hello, misskitty49,

We don't recognize the man at the crossroads as Papa Legba on the Hoodoo Forum.

That is Santeria, Palo, Candomble, and Voodoo. But, I do understand hat these folks eave heard candy or 3 or 7 pennies.

This post permanently ends our conversation about this subject

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm prepping a crossroads ritual towards the middle to end of the summer. Last year I did a 9 consecutive day one, each night at midnight. I had used some Black Arts type oil that I found in one of Miss Cat's archives, and towards the later days I was using Road Opener oil. I didn't bring anything and just get praying that I wanted to get strong with hoodoo and conjure. This year, I want to try it again. I'm looking to strenthen, and intertwine my rootwork along with my martial arts

This year I have a little bit more inventory in terms of condition oils, sachet powders, and a few incense, and I'd like to put some of the to use with this ritual. I have some Road Opener and Black Arts products ordered as well as Dragon's Blood & Bat's Blood products. Would making 5 spots at the crossroads with these four products, using the incense, powders and possibly oils assist the ritual to meeting the Black Man?

I also considered anointing myself with the same oils or powders, but I also thought using products such as Master Key, Spirit Guide, Indian Spirit Guide, or Psychic Vision might enhance my sensitivity for the ritual, instead of the four above. EDIT:: In addition to these oils, personal power enhancing oils were also considered. I was going to anoint myself while i'm at the crossroads too

This ritual, I'm looking at 9 sundays just before dawn, probably around 3am and staying until dawn. This year, I'm bringing my Tarot Cards to use and practice with while I'm there, and ingredients to make three different mojo hands. The hands will be made every third day of the ritual. One hand was from ConjureMan Ali from the LM Hoodoo/Rootwork Hour show, I think from April. This hand called for a Temperence Card as the petition paper. I'm going to use a Magician card from my Thoth deck. The other two are from Miss Cat's HHRM; The "Triple Hand" Hand & The "Master Mojo" Hand. I'll be doing some forms or exercises while I'm there too.

Thank you all for taking the time to read my post. :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:08 pm

Hello, Santiago ,

Sounds good!

Please let us know the results. It's always fascinating when people meet the Man at the Crossroads.

Good luck!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Nidia2

Unread post by Nidia2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Hey all. Reading about this is fascinating! But, I'm a bit confused on something. I read that one of hyatts informants made mention of what I understood to be a 3 day crossroad ritual (below):
"356. Now de fo'ks of de road -- now, in case dis is whut chew wanta do, if yo' wanta learn hoodooism. See, if you wanta learn hoodooism, you go to de fo'ks of de road. Go dere -- yo' leave home zactkly five minutes of twelve an' have yo' a fo'k. Git chew a bran'-new silver fo'k an' git to de fo'ks of de road an' git down on your knees an' stick dat fo'k in de groun'; see, an' anything on earth yuh wants tuh learn an' know, things will come 'fore yo' an' tell yo' what to do. See. But chew got'a be dere zactly twelve 'clock -- go dere de third day but it's got'a be in de night, twelve 'clock in de night."

While all the other informants were pretty clear on nine days. Yet, on the AIRR page of the crossroads it states:
"In performing the crossroads ritual to gain skills, you bring an item that you wish to master: a banjo, guitar, fiddle, deck of cards, pair of dice, or the tools of your trade, to the crossroads and wait there for a specified number of nights or mornings."

So is the number of nights/mornings up to the volunteers (for lack of a better word) discretion? I would be very interested in performing a 3 day ritual if its acceptable.

And I read that black arts oil (in an earlier posted link on this thread) is used in the crossroads ritual. I'm assuming one just annoints the crossroad with it and not the self? Or Is it not good to use in this case? (Due to potentially attracting some other entity??) If there's no danger of attracting something else, can one take black arts satchet powder and create a sort of "door" for the black man to facilitate the meeting? (Like creating a crossroad within the center of the actual crossroad, or the triangle, etc?)
Just wondering about all this. I love learning about it all!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Hello, Nidia,

Yes, there are different ways of performing this ritual.

Please let us know how the 3 day ritual works out.

As far as your second question, my reply would be a quote from you (as you would behave prudently):

"can one take black arts satchet powder and create a sort of "door" for the black man to facilitate the meeting? (Like creating a crossroad within the center of the actual crossroad, or the triangle, etc?)"

Keep us posted!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Nidia2

Unread post by Nidia2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:53 am

Okay, great. Ill perform it sat-monday then.
And I dint mean to sound bad with my other question, I just dint know if it was safe/efficient using the satchet/oil in that way is all. (And i dont want to mess the riual up)By door I meant a way of seeing the black man easier, not something to contain him in, (re reading my statement I see how it could be taken that way and I apologize.lol)
But il keep you all posted on how it goes. I'm excited.

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:40 pm

Hello Nidia, I also am curious about your experience, as that crossroads reference you cited earlier is one that I remember referencing as well. I'm also going to be using BA oil as well as sachet powder each night of my crossroads ritual, in addition to other similar oils/blends. I'm also going to be using BA incense too.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:22 pm

Hello, Nidia,

I understood you. No problem.

Good luck!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Nidia2

Unread post by Nidia2 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:06 am

Santiago,
It will be interesting, for sure. I think I'm going to anoint my fiddle with the black arts oil and was thinking of some attraction to make it more alluring in a sense for the black man, and specify my petition for his aid ONLY while I anoint it (inside lightly, don't want to ruin the finish off it lol) I will also use the satchets on the strings of the bow and inside of the crossroad. I plan on having a archangel michael vigil on at home while I'm away for protection from any other meddling spirits/entities. (As a precaution, experience has taught me to know better by now :P ) and carry some herbs for that purpose as well.
Unfortunately I do not have Black arts incense, but that seems like a great detail to have.
Good luck with your ritual, please post your results as well!
Miss Aida, k :) I thought I dint make sense lol and thank you!

Nidia2

Unread post by Nidia2 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:04 pm

My experience tonight:
I just got back from performing the ritual.well got back at like 12:45.
Okay, so I went to the crossroad with my fiddle (annointed with only attraction) and my BA supplies. Upon arriving(besides two cars passing each other exactly as i stopped walking), I felt inclined to only use the satchet, "take a handful and blow it into the center of the crossroad" was impressed on me (not the original plan) but I did it, as the impression was strong.
So, as I'm waiting for the clock to show 12 and messing with my fiddle, I hear these random birds in the distance singing. Kinda late to be hearing them, so I took note. It was like a duet; sounded like two different birds taking turns. Pretty.right after I thought it as a sign, it stopped.
Anyway, a few cars went by, and I'm standing there thinking "I'm going to need a really obvious sign you're here.." trying to stay warm and not look suspicious with a damn fiddle lol when....

BAM!
the clock hits twelve and what happens?!
F*@!#/g fireworks! YES, FIREWORKS! About 6-9 pretty fireworks light the sky towards my left.not bottle rockets, fireworks.now please note i dont live anywhere near much besides a cementary.So I start laughing because it can't get more obvious than that.
But then it did.
I heard a man laughing and when I looked back to the center of the crossroads, there was a BLACK car slowly moving, I couldn't make a face because it was dark but it was a mans silouette, I'm sure of it, and the laugh was a man's laugh, head facing right at me! The even stranger part is, i looked down at my hands because my hands instantly felt hot, like heat radiating from the inside out on my fiddle.
But then when I looked back up the car was gone, not a sound when it came, not a sound when it left.

I felt it was done.then even weirder, i heard what sounded like a woman scream, and took that as my cue to go home lol.
But, oddly enough, I felt safe and fufilled walking home. There were even a few fireflies lighting my way back.

Although short lived, I think this was amazing. From the birds music in sync with my petition, the damn fireworks to the fast manifestation I'm still kind of in shock.
Now, I don't think of myself as particularly gifted, but I do know I have a sensitivity to the presence of beings.for a fact, from other experiences in my life. I do feel, however,
That blowing the satchet powder as instructed rather than being all artsy and doing random stuff/markings with it played a key role.because it was EXACTLY where I blew the satchet onto the crossroad where I saw the black car with the man.

Time will tell the increase/ faster mastery in my skills with the fiddle.but I feel I can play better already and looking at my sheet music, its much less daunting.I can understand it more.

Thank you cat for providing all the valuable information on this ritual, and I guess each informant had different luck with it, as do all of us.like one of them said..

"Yo' go jis' onest." :)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:45 pm

Nidia,

Holy cow!!

WOW!!

Thank you for sharing!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Nidia2

Unread post by Nidia2 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:14 am

You are very welcome, but I thought it important to share. I noticed today,that not only are my skills definetely improving musically, but other skills I wanted to improve (knowledge in a particular school subject) have improved as well, and new resources I've never known about to help me with BOTH skills have come to me! What are the odds of that happening?!

I do wonder though, has anyone ever felt ill/depleated after the ritual? Perhaps I'm just tired but I've had headaches since I went to bed yesterday and still today.then again, I think it may be the smell of the satchet.I've had similar headaches whenever I used satchets and incense powders. (No matter the type)or the energy at that particular crossroad, since one of its lines led straight to the cementary.it was intense, for sure.

Just wanted to be sure its nothing related to the ritual or a sign of something. But besides that I'm satusfied with the working.

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 am

Hello Nidia,

Congratulations on an eventful ritual!! :)

I had some questions, if you don't mind. Did you anoint yourself with Black Arts oil or powder, or just blow the sachet in the middle of the crossroads. I've been contemplating different methods of use, regarding the sachet powder and oil. I had considered putting some powder in each of the corners and then blowing the powder in the middle of the street/crossroads.

Are you going to continue the ritual now, after your latest experience?

Congratlations again!

Nidia2

Unread post by Nidia2 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi Santiago, and thank you.but I just showed up, the thanks should go to the black man.

My intentions, as I stated before I did the ritual, were to use both the oil and satchet, along with some measures of protection. However, when at home I only annointed myself (just my hands)and the fiddle/bow (two drops in the fiddle, one on the bow) with attraction .I had however, dusted myself and my palms with crown of success, which could have gotten transfered on my fiddle through contact.And lit a candle to archangel michael, asking God to allow his servant to protect me.I dint keep it on when I left as planned, though. (Again, against my original plan).

The only Black Arts product I used was the satchet. As SOON as I reached the crossroads I heard(not actually audible) something tell me to take a handful and blow it in the center of the crossroads.so, I held the packet in my left hand, (put my fiddle down of course) bent down and took a good handful of the satchet in my right hand,and with a big ol' breath, (keeping my honest petition/intent for a meeting on my mind) blew the satchet into the center of the crossroad. I proceeded to retake my position at the angle of the crossroad.

-I was standing at the bottom right corner of the crossroad.

I think that, although I too considered a lot of methods of product use, in the end spirit or the black man led me to the use it desired.so I think you will find, as I did, if you remain open you will find that the crossroad allows you to let go of the control over how the black man would come to you, it trully is no man's land, and I came away with the knowledge and freedom that is leaving it up to faith.it will come to you. All you have to do is show up :)

I thought about returning, but, seeing as I gained what I asked for, I felt a deep feeling of rudeness at the thought. Because, if I were to return for the same purpose, I would have shown the black man I dint believe in what he taught me. And that is a terrible disrespect, seeing as he dint owe me anything in the first place.
So I will not be going back, the ritual felt complete to me.Although of course I would like to, as it really was an amazing experience.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:50 pm

Hello, Santiago and Nidia,

Please do not use abbreviations for products.

This is a teaching/learning forum and I would like other forum family members to know EXACTLY what you have used.

Therefore, your posts have been edited to reflect the name of the product: Black Arts

www.luckymojo.com/blackarts.html

Thanks
HRCC Graduate #1631

Nidia2

Unread post by Nidia2 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:07 pm

My apologies, I was typing so fast I did not realize. :oops:

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:43 pm

yes ma'am, will do Miss Aida....

Thank you again for your informative posts Nidia!

LA1985

Unread post by LA1985 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:22 pm

I read this thread last night and this morning while I was still in bed I was thinking about what to bring/do at the crossroads... I got up and went to drink some water. Next to a sink there was a small black heart, like a small confetti. Weird!! I know that wasn't there last night...

May I just ask this -- I am an actress, what should I bring/do at the crossroads? I will perform, do a part of a play. Should I bring a postcard from LA (because I want to move to LA) and a picture of an Emmy award? Do you maybe have any other suggestions?

Thank you :)

AND OMG just when I wanted to click submit they announced a song on the radio called 'Black magic'. WOW!

Now I'm super excited! And I even haven't started doing the ritual yet!

Ms Melanie
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Ms Melanie » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:41 am

Hi LA1985,

This is exciting!

I suggest doing a combination of Attraction, Look Me Over, and Steady work spell. Combine these oils together and then do the spell of choice. Personally my spell foundation would be a Steady Work Kit and add the other 2 oils to the steady work oil for anointing the candles and yourself.

www.luckymojo.com/lookmeover.html
www.luckymojo.com/spell-steady-work.html
www.luckymojo.com/attraction.html

Good luck with your spell work!
Blessed be the Holy Trinity
AIRR Member
Love, Healing, and Uncrossing Specialist

LA1985

Unread post by LA1985 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:03 am

MS Melanie,

Should I do this spell work before starting the 9 Sundays ritual, during or after?

I have Crown of Success spell kit, do you think I could use that?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Hello, LA1985 ,

I would do this before the ritual.

But that's just me...

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

LA1985

Unread post by LA1985 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Thank you Miss Aida!

Will do it before then :)

LA1985

Unread post by LA1985 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 8:33 pm

I decided to do a cleansing and cleaning of myself and my home before doing the crossroads ritual. I'll start the ritual on Oct 31st/Nov 1st (Halloween, Day of the dead) and end Dec 26th (second day of Christmas). Hopefully choosing this time/dates will be an extra advantage.

Other then performing a part of a play, should I bring some other stuff like a postcard from LA? (I want to move there.)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:28 pm

Hello, LA1985,

Of course you can do that!

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

Santiago
HRCC Student

Unread post by Santiago » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:58 pm

I'm going to start my 9 Sunday crossroads ritual tonight/upcoming morning....I'm going to plan on around 3am at a street crossroads near my business (walking distance). I"m planning on staying there until dawn. I'm going to drop a 5 spot of Black Arts and Road Opener sachet and light a white candle dressed with the same oils and powders. I'm thinking of also putting a 5 spot of Law Keep Away to discourage curious eyes; I even thought Fiery Wall of protection, but I don't know if that's necessary.

I'm going to dress myself with my rootworker blend of Power/Psychic Vision/Spirit Guide/Master Key. I also thought of using Attraction & Road Opener Powder, but I don't know if that will facilitate a good ritual.

My intention is to strengthen my knowledge and ability as one who uses rootwork and conjure. I want to blend and intertwine my rootwork within my martial arts and my martial arts business. I'm going to run some movement (katas or forms) there as well as do as much 'rootwork' as I can; for example, I'm going to feed my jackball, hand & pocket piece. I'm going to dress them along with my indian head nickels and mercury dimes with appropriate oils. I'm going to dress my wallet with money drawing powders and oils. I"m going to make a mojo hand each Sunday. I'm going to take my tarot cards to work; not to mention dressing them with psychic vision powder.

Each Sunday, in addition to this, I plan on doing one mojo hand or project; one night I'm going to work on a money lamp, another night work on a dollbaby for myself, and so on.

Miss Athena
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Athena » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi Santiago,

That sounds like a good plan. Keep us posted after you complete your ritual and let us know how it went.

Good luck.
Miss Athena - HRCC Graduate #1909 - Forum Moderator

LexAstros
Newly Registered

Unread post by LexAstros » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:58 am

Hello Everyone,

I am very curious about the idea of going to the crossroads in order to increase musical talent and skill. I would very much like to try it. I took some time to read over the Hyatt material that is referenced at http://www.luckymojo.com/crossroads.html, and I noticed that all of the references to musical instruments are stringed instruments. Which on a side note seems pretty interesting to me since in that same article "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" comes up and involves a fiddle. My question is: is there some reason why stringed instruments seem so prevalent in this kind of work? Do you believe that it would work on another instrument, and more specifically what about an instrument that can't travel? My interest is to try this kind of work with piano. I have done other crossroads and spirit work before, but I am curious to hear people's thoughts on this.

Thank you!

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:19 am

Hello, LexAstros ,

Welcome to the forum!

If you get a chance (and wish to do so), please introduce yourself on the introduction thread.

Well, I started taking piano lessons over 50 years ago. Last time I checked, there were strings inside that are connected to the keys

I imagine that it was because thee instruments were more available 9and easier to make) for the poverty stricken founders of Hoodoo at that time.

Nevertheless, I've seen other people work this with other instruments (other than stringed) and the ritual worked just as well.

So, as I tell people, you have absolutely nothing to lose by performing the ritual and perhaps A LOT to gain!

Good luck!
HRCC Graduate #1631

LexAstros
Newly Registered

Unread post by LexAstros » Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:02 am

Thank you very much, Miss Aida. :D I guess I didn't make the connection between the piano's harp and the guitar. I'm curious, what would you think would be a good idea to replace the idea of playing the instrument since a piano obviously can't travel very easily? I was thinking of maybe envisioning myself playing, or bringing a tiny piano figurine with me as a representative.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:01 pm

Hello, LexAstros,

I have edited your post as we do not quote people on the forum.

That interface was removed for a reason.

But, yes, a little piano would be great. I am thinking of the toy ones that have real little keys and plays a few notes.

great idea!

You are DEFINITELY on the right track.

Please keep us posted on your ritual. We LOVE to read about forum family members' experiences with the rituals

take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

tangliss

Unread post by tangliss » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:51 am

With regards to the crossroads ritual, is it only used to master a skill? I am assuming, please correct me of I am wrong, if you wanted to win the affection of an individual you couldn't go to the crossroads with a photo of that person it wouldn't work?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:31 am

tangliss,

In all my years of working this way, i have never heard of anyone going to the crossroads with a photo to make someone love them. Since you go there and do your thing (play an instrument, throw out dice, dance and sing), going with a photo and pining over it would only get you granted the skill to pine over photos.

Hoodoo is not a series of rules, hacks, or recipes. it is a community-based series of concepts and customs that developed within African American culture and which has, over time, achieved a coherent and recognizable form. Trying to dissect out a small part of it, like "going to a crossroads" and then paste it on to another part of it, like "causing someone to fall in love with me," would result in a Frankenstein monster of magic. Don't do it.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

tangliss

Unread post by tangliss » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:39 am

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”