Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Saint Jude Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
mmcpower

Unread post by mmcpower » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:16 pm

I am new to burning novena candles and I just picked up a St Jude candle and was wondering if anyone can elaborate on whether or not the candle should be dressed with any herbs, oils, etc? Also I have been researching when I should light it and I have read either on Friday or Sunday, can anyone tell me when the best time would be? I do see that when my wish is granted I am to publish a thank you in the newspaper anything else I should to in gratitude?

Also one more question, what timeline should I give for the prayer to manifest?

Any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Marie

keeperoftherubyshoes

Re: St Jude Candle

Unread post by keeperoftherubyshoes » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Marie,
Here's what little I know about Novena candles. For dressing your candle, you should use a couple different oils- St Jude oil, which LM sells- just do a search for it & you'll find it and a second oil that is related to what you're asking for. Make sure you're focusing on your request to St Jude while you're doing this. As for a good time to light it, I would pick an hour controlled by a planet appropriate to my wish, so for a money request, I would light it in either a Jupiter or Sun hour. When St Jude grants your request, it is appropriate to publish a thank you in the newspaper and if you can, make a small donation in his name to a charitable organization that matches well with your request. Also, give St Jude time- your prayer will be answered :-)
Best!

mmcpower

Re: St Jude Candle

Unread post by mmcpower » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:42 pm

keeperoftherubyshoes,

Thank you

Antonella

St. Jude Candle Burning

Unread post by Antonella » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:00 am

I've got a question on the way my St.Jude candle is burning...at first, the flame was very low (for almost all the first day) and I thought it was going to go out, and the glass at the top, on St. Jude's left side is a bit dark; now it is burning with a normal flame and the glass is clear, but the flame goes up and down and to left and to right, like if there's wind, but there is no wind...what does it mean? Should I do something?
Thanks.
Antonella.

LeBaptiste

Re: St. Jude Candle Burning

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:09 am

There's a great book on the topic of working with saints called Magical Power of the Saints, it's available on the luckymojo website, about 1/4 of the way down the page here: http://www.luckymojo.com/mojocatbooks.html#682.

Some of the information in the book describes how to decipher the messages the candle gives through the way it burns. In the book, it states that generally, a lot of dark residue on the candle glass signifies a lot of negativity being removed from your prayer. Perhaps there was some negativity that needed to be removed from your prayer, and now it is gone and burning clear. The book also talks about how to read your flame's behavior, but I do not remember about that now and no longer have the book. I recommend you check that book out, it is full of information and is very helpful for understanding what's happening with your prayers.

Chagrinedgirl
Re: St. Jude Candle Burning

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:54 am

There's a page on candle divination here http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html. I have the same book LeBaptiste's referring to, and the information is the same as far as vigil candles. LM has a bit more information, including divination for offeratory and other free-standing candles.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

agnmom3

St. Jude candle

Unread post by agnmom3 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:08 am

Hi Im a firm believer in St. Jude and he has always come through for me, I dont know much about the meaning of the way the candle burns. The way I was taught was that if the flame was high and moving it was a great sign, if the candle burns small almost ready to burn out it wasnt too good and if the candle burns out completely then thats bad. Can someone give me an answer PLEASE!!!!!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: St. Jude candle

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:15 pm

See a whole essay on signs from candle burning here:

http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

Good luck,
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

seeker147

Unread post by seeker147 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Dear All,

Greetings. I am new to the forums - I found a post related to candles in petitions to St Jude through a search engine search but have lost the thread now I have registered, and the last answer to it was in December, so I thought I might as well open a new thread. My apologies if this is not the right thing to do...? :)

What colour of candle should I use to petition St Jude in a matter involving neighbours/former friends, their child and a serious dispute between us which I really would like to end? I thought of using a white candle (as red is for passion and romance, not really appropriate to my problem, and green is for financial matters of immediate urgency, which really has nothing to do with the petition I want to make), but I understand white really suits litigations and legal matters more than personal relationships.

I found somewhere in this site a novena using a pink candle, which according to many books is the colour for overcoming evil, love, morality, friendship, harmony, etc., which really suits my purpose in petitioning about this by now hopeless situation (I have tried everything, begnning by plain, face-to-face dialogue with the parties involved, through withdrawing completely and completely self-effacing to the point of not even daring to make a noise in my own house just not to interfere with my neighbours/former friends' lives, to exploring the possibility of moving which turned out to be not such a good idea for many reasons and even not really possible at this time, but nothing seems to have improved the animosity between us).

Does this sound right? Is pink what I am meant to use for this, or does anyone have any other suggestions as to what is appropriate?

Thank you in advance, and I look forward to hearing from someone with any idea about this!

God bless,
Seeker

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator
Re: What colour candle...?

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:47 pm

White is a universal color and can be used for any purpose. St. Jude's colors are green, white, and red, but I don't know if he is the right saint to petition. My understanding is that he mainly helps with impossible cases, usually of a medical or emergency nature. Peaceful Home might be more appropriate in your case.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

seeker147

Unread post by seeker147 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:01 am

Dear Mama Micki,

Thank you very much for replying and for your advice. I'll consider my options carefully before proceeding, in this case.

Best regards,
Seeker

Madame Pamita
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Madame Pamita » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 am

blue is the color of peace, so if not white, then blue.
With love and light -
Madame Pamita, AIRR Member and HRCC Graduate and Apprentice #1704

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Saint Jude Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:14 am

Saint Jude novena candle colours are traditionally either green or white in my experience. Ours at Lucky Mojo are green.

CAN-GLC-SJUD
St. Jude Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

ponyology

Unread post by ponyology » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:20 am

I lit my second St Jude candles last night to help my gym soul mate back (also petitioning st dymphna for the same reason). I let the candles remain as I went to sleep and all was good. When I woke up my St Jude candles holder (simple glas's case) we split clean at an angle with the wick faceing toward the broken pieces . The top is very sooty though. I'm worried here what this means. I'm working with a root worker who said working additional with these said would be ok. Should I email him to ask what this means or am I freaking out over nothing ?

Thank you
I am not a pony

ponyology

Unread post by ponyology » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:07 am

I emailed him. Sorry for the typos. Not sure what's up with my phone lately.
I am not a pony

ponyology

Unread post by ponyology » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:58 am

Sorry for the constant replies. Heard from my rw. He said st jude says no a lot because he likes to be the last resort.. I guess it's a good sign that he's not the last resort??
I am not a pony

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:44 pm

Hello, ponyology

It could be

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

mi55understood

Unread post by mi55understood » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:58 am

Hello all. If I call on St. Jude for a specific job what would be the appropriate prayer for this situation and what day should I start it on? Also what would be the thanks I give after my prayer is granted? I've seen make an ad in the newspaper. Would an online ad be just as good?

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Miss Aida » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:36 am

Hello, mi55understood,

The prayer is here:

www.luckymojo.com/saintjude.html

An online ad is good and a donation to a charity or church in his name is also good.

Wishing you the very best

Take care
HRCC Graduate #1631

MLS2871
Newly Registered

Unread post by MLS2871 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:08 am

My mom used Saint Jude 7day candles and prayer to pass a certification exam and PASS!!!...My Mom Thanks You Saint Jude for your help and blessings.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”