Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

How to Increase Focus and Intention While Casting Spells

adlcharmed

Unread post by adlcharmed » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:58 am

Hello everyone,

As a practitioner of Hoodoo I am having trouble with what I should be doing as a daily meditation.

I have always thought to myself that I should be doing this full ritual in the morning that lasts two hours. I guess I am just seeking advice on what I can add to my meditation in the morning...like certain prayers and such or do I only need to pray and meditate when I need to do a work?

Any suggestions or comments would be so helpful.

Thank you,
Aaron

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Daily Meditation

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:05 am

Hi adicharmed,

Every worker will have a different answer to this. In my experience many of the "rituals" that are done by workers have less to do with their conjure practice and more to do with their religious orientation which is typically Christian.

Some folks don't follow any prescribed rituals, some folks read a bit of their Bible everyday. Most are going to celebrate the typical holidays found on a Church calendar: Easter and Christmas being the major ones, and Memorial Day (Decoration Day) is a special day for many in the deep south when they go and decorate small country graveyards often full of family members.

Among Protestants, lots of folks have favorite Psalms that they may recite on a daily basis whether they are or are not doing work, the 23rd Psalm is a favorite among many, especially those brought up in the Baptist church.

Catholics may say prayers to certain Saint figures and celebrate and honor them on their Feast Days.

From the perspective of straight up Conjure practice there is no set of prescribed rituals, but depending on the individual worker's religious (or lack thereof) orientation, personal taste, and view of what makes for more effective work, you will probably see a wide variety of morning practices ranging from nothing, to much more elaborate (and long) ceremonies.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

adlcharmed

Re: Daily Meditation

Unread post by adlcharmed » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:25 pm

Thank you so much for the information and the response. Now I know that it all depends on me and what I choose to do. Thanks again.

RosaMona

Mind frame???

Unread post by RosaMona » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:52 am

Does one need to have a specific mind frame when doing a spell?

For instance I'm planning to start an Essence of Bend-Over Spell-kit, what do I need to think about or say during the process?

I mean, does one have to have a specific physical ability to perform spells and to ensure that spells go through? Or are some people just stronger mentally in ensuing energy and will power into spells than others?

I'm asking these questions because I'm slightly doubting my ability. I'm sort of in a limbo mode because I've had only two spells that actually did work, while others don't.

For instance a honey-jar I put together for a special person was so successful that sometimes I leave out lightning it. And the Essence of Bend-Over oil I received, I dabbed some of it on my neck and clothes, and I believe it is working even though I haven't started the spell yet. Or maybe it is a divine intervention that ensured its success, because I do spend quite a few late nights praying to God to make things go my way.

Thanks for your inputs,
Cheers,
Rosa

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Re: Mind frame???

Unread post by Literarylioness » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:31 pm

You might want to do a thread search on this topic, because I know it has been covered.

Are some people better at magic, yes. It is an ability like anything else. Some people are better basketball players and natural musicians too. Of course, basketball players and musicians take their natural abilities and hone them into better skills. That is what good magic workers do too.

Not all magic workers are good at all aspects of magic either. A lot of magic workers have specialties, some do love, some do court case work, and some do gambling. Maybe your skills are in a specific area?

Hard to say.

Mary

LeBaptiste

Unread post by LeBaptiste » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:30 am

Dear Rosa,

The fact that you have taken things to a spiritual level to try to attain your happiness is divine intervention in and of itself. You are not separate from divinity, you are one with it. That is inherently true if you believe in God, because God created us in his image, so you are a direct descendant of the divine force that pulses through the entire world, galaxy and universe.

It is definitely helpful to let your thoughts play a role in your work. The work you are doing is the translation of thoughts into tangible things, physical acts, that puts them into the universe to be heard. So when you do an Essence of Bend Over spell, think about the outcome you desire. Visualize the ways it could be possible and understand that just because you don't see it right now, nothing is impossible. The biggest part of being successful is rewriting the script that tells you you can't be successful. So make up scenarios in your head, all the different ways that what you want can happen.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:53 am

In my experience, success breeds success -- and successful thoughts lead to successful activities. I used to doubt that i could ever play baseball, and you know what? I was right. I sucked at it. However, i knew in my heart from the first time i learned about palmistry that i would be good at it -- and i am.

As Literary Lioness said, you may have spell casting abilities in a spcific area, and as LeBaptiste said, you may be able to help increase your confidence through affirmative visualization -- but don't beat yourself up if you are not the best spell caster in the world. Not everyone can bake a cake or repair a busted fuel line or re-roof a shed or deliver breech-birth baby goats -- and after all, if everyone in this forum could cast their own spells, the good rootworkers at AIRR wouldn't have any clients.

Good luck to you
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

RosaMona

Unread post by RosaMona » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:35 am

Thank you for your replies Cat, Mary and LeBaptiste, I really appreciate it.
I know I can do spell casting, I just have to accept that certain spells will not work for me. So if I'm unsuccessful I have to retry, I guess that's how everything works.

Cheers,
Rosa

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:52 pm

Hello:)

I had ordered 5 different spell kits, and now that I am happily laid off.. I am going to use the time to do them all! :)

Before I embark, I have a few questions I hope you all can help with.

I naturally have attention defecit disorder (no pun intended), and I was wondering (aside from meditation) if I can do something so I can focus and concentrate more... or even concecrating an amulet to help me stay focused and give me mental clarity (even for work in the real world). I'm also slow & laid back (I can't help it) and I was wondering if there was something where my mind can be more agile, to think clearly, effectively and logically in an organized manner.. I just want a powerful mind! What can I do for it? (meditation often makes me fall asleep!)

I won't my spell kits to be super successful, but I know I have to start with clearing and empowering my mind first!

I look forward to hearing from you all :)
Thanks w/ love, Ami

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Re: Any spells for a powerful mind in mind?

Unread post by Lukianos » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:36 pm

Hi Ami,
mimiso wrote: I naturally have attention defecit disorder (no pun intended), and I was wondering (aside from meditation) if I can do something so I can focus and concentrate more... or even concecrating an amulet to help me stay focused and give me mental clarity (even for work in the real world). I'm also slow & laid back (I can't help it) and I was wondering if there was something where my mind can be more agile, to think clearly, effectively and logically in an organized manner.. I just want a powerful mind! What can I do for it? (meditation often makes me fall asleep!)
Many have found the formulas Clarity, King Solomon's Wisdom, Master Key, and Crown of Success to be helpful in promoting clear, rational thought and bringing success in academic, business, and occult endeavors:

http://www.luckymojo.com/products-clarity.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/crownofsuccess.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/kingsolomonwisdom.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/masterkey.html

In a somewhat different vein, many ask for Psychic Vision to help with mental receptivity to Divine and Spiritual communication:

http://www.luckymojo.com/products-psychic-vision.html

Good Luck!
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:37 pm

Well first and foremost are you taking meds and working with your doctors? Have to cover your bases in the physical reality ya know. Then take a look at Master products and think about getting a good sized High John The Conqueror root.
HRCC Student #1559

mimiso

Unread post by mimiso » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:40 am

Thanks Knapp, I think that'll help a lot.

josdos

Help Me With Continuing My Spell Work

Unread post by josdos » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:53 am

a while back I began a honey jar that I got great results from, and now I burn it about once a week. I also have a nation sack and a stay with me sack, I am also working with Saint Martha all were working wonders until recently, seems my relationship has hit a rough spot again. I must admit I am not putting as much effort as I had been into my work. I have gotten a bit lazy, and am no longer laying tricks as consistantly as I had been. I'm hoping this is just a small set back and that I can get back the wonderful results I had accomplished. Any suggestions as to the best way to go about doing it would be greatly appreciated! :?:

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: re start spells?

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:23 am

Just step it up like you were before.

Might want to get a reading just to make sure nothing has shifted.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

net182

Do it - establishing regular spiritual conjure practice

Unread post by net182 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:22 am

Since I received my Mojo Bag, I have been on a winning streak with the lottery. For the last 10 draws I have won something. In my world you still have to Do Something. You have to conjure. You have to do the spell. The bag will give you the boost. But it is still all about YOU. Close the drapes, take the phone off the hook and conjure.

Read everything you can and then remember the most potent conjure, the most powerful spell is the one that comes from you. Do it. Conjure in the morning in the shower. Conjure your day to be good. Conjure your drive to be peaceful. Do it. Read all you want, but sooner or later, you have to put the book down and just Do it. T

hen when you are done, and it manifests in your life, you need to let the rest of us know. Give thanks. This board is a good place to say thanks to all the spirits and beings who helped and thanks to all the people who wrote the books I read. THANKS. For all of you. I used Magic and It Worked.

Thanks!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Do it - establishing regular spiritual conjure practice

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:54 am

Great advice! Thanks for sharing that.
catherine yronwode

ladylovesred

Unread post by ladylovesred » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:52 pm

Greetings! I am very new to Hoodoo, and therefore ask how do you "conjure" your day? Your drive? Your daily life? I've been wondering how I could incorporate Hoodoo into my daily life. Do understand I have a Protection Mojo and a Protection Ritual going at all times, and have lit some Prosperity Candles for me and my family, but I am sure I could do more.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thank you.

Andrew2

"Empath situation" in the middle of a ritual

Unread post by Andrew2 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:18 am

Hello Everyone
I need advise on my "Empath situation" ;)
I'm an empath and I find it hard to concentrate on my ritual because of it,
every time I'm doing my magick all my senses sharpened and so is my empathy.
So I constantly feel or trying to heal other people energy (like my negative neighbors feelings or thought ) or my pet's energy ,I don’t mean to do it ,it just rises up every single time …and it takes me out of focus .
I banish those thoughts and try to refocus on the ritual but it is hard thing to do...
So I only find peace of mind when I work in a far away nature site ,like in the open desert or something like this, but it's not always possible to go there every time I want to do a ritual .
What can I do to control this empathy so it won't bother me while I do a ritual?
(I do my daily meditation and prayer but I feel like this empathy healing gift that I received is in the root of my being ,so it is hard to put it on and off by will )

Any advice?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: "Empath situation" in the middle of a ritual

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:51 am

This forum is for the use of my customers and clients who are seeking help working with Lucky Mojo spiritual supplies. It is not a place to come for personal instruction in magic.

I suggest that you try to find a mentor who works in whatever magical system or spiritual path or ritual work you are following.

If you are troubled by intrusive thoughts, you might also look into the role played by serotonin in mediating such brain activity.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

Andrew2

Unread post by Andrew2 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:39 pm

but i am looking for hoodoo products (from lucky mojo) to solve the issue
and i do not suffer from intrusive thoughts ,no need for serotonin here.
my serotonin levels are just fine .
i am asking how to work with my gift correctly ,this is a gift that god gave me i dont want to take pills to try to banish it , i need to know if there's something in lucky mojo that can help me turn off my healing mode while i do not work with it .
do you have anything to offer ?

MightyAphrodite

Unread post by MightyAphrodite » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:40 pm

As a former out-of-control empath, I learned with training and practice how to close down my 2nd chakra when doing readings/healings. The 2nd chakra give you psychic "feelings" or empathy. I really don't want to elaborate on that, as it's not the scope of this forum.

Don't know what LM products will help you with that, but I would direct you to look at products to ground & protect so you can tune out the psychic clutter. Also, things to help you get more into your 6th chakra, which is more neutral. You'll see things, but don't have to go through the emotional wringer of feeling them. Psychic Vision products look appropriate for enhancing your clairvoyance (6th chakra.)

PS: I'd like to suggest that you not dismiss Cat's suggestion about serotonin out of hand. In order to do psychic work consciously and not get trashed by the energies moving through, one needs to pay extra special attention to health and well being. Serontonin and your other neurotransmitters can get easily depleted through your empathic ups and downs!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:20 pm

Andrew, hoodoo is not going to teach you about a "healing mode" or being an "empath." This sounds like some other kind of magical tradition.

You could try King Solomon Wisdom and Clarity to help focus your mind.

I was not speaking about anyone taking "pills" to "banish" any kind of gift. I was speaking about serotonin, a natural body hormone that regulates the intrusion of unwanted thoughts and helps fine-time concentration and a sense of harmony. You say that you "find it hard to concentrate on [your] ritual [because you] constantly feel or trying to heal other people energy." That sounds like you need to find a way to calm, strengthen and focus your will to keep from "constantly" feeling things that are making it "hard to concentrate." The hormone that helps us stay in the present is serotonin. There are a dozens of activities that will raise brain serotonin levels, from chewing gum to making love to walking to crocheting. Check this out.
catherine yronwode

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:31 pm

The only suggestion I could give product wise would be Clarity, King Solomon Wisdom (as already stated by Miss cat and other) and perhaps Power and Master Key to help give you the will power to maintain focus. Tranquility may also be a nice addition to help soothe the mind into relaxing and not letting distractions ruin your focus.

Good luck.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Andrew2

Unread post by Andrew2 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:10 pm

thank you all, you've been very helpful ,I am combining the oils with the 6th chakra exercise that MightyAphrodite suggested and it works really well !

god bless
Andrew

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:40 am

net182 wrote: Close the drapes, take the phone off the hook and conjure. Read everything you can and then remember the most potent conjure, the most powerful spell is the one that comes from you. Do it. Conjure in the morning in the shower. Conjure your day to be good. Conjure your drive to be peaceful. Do it. Read all you want, but sooner or later, you have to put the book down and just Do it. Then when you are done, and it manifests in your life, you need to let the rest of us know.

Thanks for sharing that! I agree with you fully AND even I need to hear that as much as I can to re-kick start my actions! Great post!
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:09 am

There's all types of spells you can do on a daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly basis. Have you read http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html; this is cat's online book (working) about hoodoo.

Daily, you can anoint yourself with the oils (do you want attention, love, success) You can lay tricks in your office, in your car (protection, fix a boss to see things your way)

Weekly, you can cleanse your home, your environment, yourself (incense, baths, sachet powders)

Monthly, you can do some prosperity work, protection work...

Yearly you can do a thoroughly cleansing of yourself, environment...

If you haven't, consider purchasing cat's paperback or hardcover book Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic (http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodooherbmagic.html)

Most importantly, incorporate cleansing (first) and protection work (as you have been doing)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 am

This post comes at a great time for me! I have 4 days off from work, and am planning to use it to do a fresh cleansing and uncrossing ritual which i have been wanting to do for a very long time....right now i have new job so my conjure revolves around my work schedule, but once i come off my 'provisional' status then i can choose my own days and make it so everything revolves around my conjure ( hopefully!!)

Can you suggest good 'stock' items to keep on hand for
1. cleansing ( fyi: i have chinese wash)
2.Prosperity and success?
3.Peace and harmony?

thanks again!!

Ruth2

Unread post by Ruth2 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:02 pm

There are those things that I want in my life all the time. Peace, health, happy family, money, protection. So, I am always conjuring these things. I never wash my kitchen and bath floors without adding Chinese Wash to the cleaning water. I sage my whole apartment at least once a month. I use incense several times a week for various purposes....protection, properity, blessings, etc. I burn a green candle on my money altar all the time. I burn a candle for the health and welfare of myself and my family all the time. I burn a candle before a statue of St. Michael for protection for myself and my family several times per week. Every morning before school I anoint my children with Crown of Success of oil in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I wear various oils on myself depending on what I want to accomplish during the day. I probably do other things I'm not even aware of anymore because they are just a part of my normal routine.

I think this is what is meant by doing conjure all the time.

Ruth.

JCPA72
Question regarding conjure work in general

Unread post by JCPA72 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:53 pm

Hi everyone,

First I am sorry if I chose the wrong area to post this in, I wasn't really sure where it belongs mainly because it's more of a general question and not so specfic to LM products.

Just wanted to get some feedback on something that I am expierencing.

It seems I have a gift for helping others. I preformed job spells for two individuals and within a few weeks, they both began working again. While the job spells I've done on my own behalf have had no results (not that I'm doubting or question my own work) but more wondering why I can't bring solid results for myself.

My healing work both on myself, my partner and our relationship also working well, same for our reconcilliation work also successful in work I've done on behalf of my best friend regarding her school and some people who were giving her a hard time at school.

So I guess I'm wondering if my own personal feelings (stress, worry - my unemployment benefits have ended and the little I've saved is dwindling quickly) blocking my ability to focus correctly for my own work?
Thanks so much in advance!
My most gracious thanks to La Caridad Del Cobre, St. Martha, St. Michael, and La Virgen de La Regla

sheba1960

Re: Question regarding conjure work in general

Unread post by sheba1960 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:29 pm

My landlord been harassing me since I moved in last 10 months who refused to do repairs and putting blam on me always. Her intention is to keep my larg deposit if I move out before lease is over due to constant harassment. Whwn I email her asking any question, she refused to co-operate. And all of a sudden email me week latter threatening to take me court not paying rent as lease will be over in Dec 2010, I decided to take her to court not doing repairs. She is not accepting my certified mails either coming back to me saying there is no such address. Fact is she live there even if she never given me her address when I asked her.

All of a sudden emailing me saying QUIT OR PAY. I got BEND OVER SPELL items from Lucky Mojo few months back. I like to find out WHAT DAY/TIME TO START THIS SPELL. Thanks!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm

I mean there could be a number of reason why your own job spell work is not working for your situation.

1) Your own dwelling on the situation, and overthinking could be effecting your work. Sometimes I know when I do work for other people and they do not know what to expect or naive to spellwork...things sometimes happen quicker for them. I guess because they do not have any expectation or they are just not aware that I am even doing something to help them in the first place

2) If you are performing the same job spell you did for one person, for yourself, then it might not be the best approach. You may need something extra such as a road opener, uncrossing work, etc done before you attempt to do the job spell.

3) You may need to get a reading done on what would be the best approach and materials to work with for your situation. I know some people like to jump in first...THEN get the reading. But it needs to be the opposite. Sometimes getting a reading can save you so much more money than if you jump off into doing things first. In this case, I would recommend getting a reading so that you can understand what those obstacles are, and perhaps given some clues on where to look for work.

4) Things could be working, but you need to give more time for things to manifest. Okay so your friends got jobs in a matter of weeks. Well, that might not be the case for you...it might be a matter of months.

5 If you are not working with timing such as the days of the week, planetary hours, moon phases, etc, then you might want to start as it can add energy to your work. No it is not mandatory but it can definitely help. On the other hand you

6) You may need some professional back up work in this situation. I mean even some professionals get together with other professionals to give their own personal work some umph. I know I work with a friend, and we do work to back the others. Nothing is wrong with that, and actually it can perhaps give a different perspective.

I mean I can name more reasons but for the sake of things I wont...it might be a book lol. But sometimes the universe says no. The answer is simply no, and not all spellwork is granted so easily. Perhaps things are going to take more time for you, and you need to reevaluate the work you are doing magically, and where you are looking for jobs.

I would definitely get a reading to see what else can be done.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:22 pm

We find this happens from time to time in spiritual work. Some people can work for others, but can't do a spell for themselves. Others are the reverse. They can help themselves, but are unable to muster the power to assist others.

Some attribute to the "giftedness" of people. Personally, I believe with a bit of introspection and diligence you'll be able to discover what is blocking you (usually it is an unconscious mental block, hence introspection) and remedy the situation.

I recommend working with Power Products and Master Key products to help further unfold your abilities.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:30 am

Just to throw in my own experience, I'm in a situation where I'm looking at communication, separation, and drawing work. Since I'm still pretty angry about how it all went down, I'm having a rootworker work the communication side while I do the separation/hotfoot. I definitely miss and want to restore communication with the person, but I'm afraid right now the message I might send is "Call me so I can tear you a new one." I've also had LM set lights for me in the past because I was too emotional about the situation, and it made all the difference in the world.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

EmmieB

Meditation Exercises before I start on candle work?

Unread post by EmmieB » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:35 pm

Hello! I wanted to ask if there are any good meditation exercises before I start on candle work about someone. I get easily distracted a lot, but currently I have a white candle and Influence oil to make someone see the error of their ways but when I was burning the anointed candle I felt like something was wrong or something was there that told me to stop doing candle work because maybe I wasn't focusing too much. But I need focus help or some meditation help before I go do this again.
Thank you.

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice
Re: Meditation Exercises before I start on candle work?

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:01 pm

The Psalms are a great source for focusing the mind. For this kind of work I would reccommend Psalm 144.

Recite it alloud to yourself and try to really focus on the words. It is a Psalm of domination and conquering.
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

EmmieB

Unread post by EmmieB » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Is there a specific Pslam 144? Which lines or verses? Or the whole thing?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Try this.
Most people read the entire psalm, but some read parts and some mix psalms or parts of psalms with prayers spoken from the heart.

Hope this helps,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Apollo Dark
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Apollo Dark » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:51 pm

As MIssMichaele stated. There are different ways of doing it. Let the Spirit Lead you. Your intuition will give you the right way for you to proceed.
AIRR Member
SID# 1583 Graduated Apprentice

theillumiletty

I need help focusing

Unread post by theillumiletty » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:31 am

I am very new to rootwork, and though I am extremely interested in it, and have purchased supplies, I have a problem focusing when I am doing my work. I have always had a problem with focus, I have adult ADHD, and when I am trying to speak to my spiritual court, or focus on my goals when doing candle work, I just can't do it!

Do you have any tips for a budding conjure woman? :)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator
Re: I need help focusing

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:00 pm

I know this is an extremely mundane answer, but I have found that meditation, of any kind, has helped me tremendously with focusing and sharpening my attention, intent, and will.
Joseph Magnuson

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:39 pm

You burn candles in sections or use 4" inch candles to make things easier on you. There are several nutrition supplements on the market that may help too.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

jamkaret

Unread post by jamkaret » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:56 pm

I'm new as well, so this is totally a newbies take, but for myself I had to divorce my idea of what focusing was (stillness; visualization) from when I actually feel the ineffable spark. For me I gotta pace or sway or sometimes even dance. I need something in my hands to shake (like a condition oil) or roll around. Needless to say, long candle work is not for me because I gotta TOUCH. So, yeah, on top of the great advice above, here's my humble 2 pennies. :-)

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:56 pm

Also remember that there is no "shame" in working up to larger candle work mixed with focus. Start small and learn from your experiences. You will get stronger and stronger.
Joseph Magnuson

Isolte
HRCC Student
MUSIC you play while doing break-up work?

Unread post by Isolte » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:53 pm

I was curious as to what, if any music anyone else here plays while doing their break-up work?

I recently started listening to "Move, b**tch" by Ludacris while doing my workings and boy, does it get me in an angry mood! This song is especially good when another woman is trying to take away your man.

DMX is also a good choice for angry work if you like hip-hop like I do 8-)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: MUSIC you play while doing break-up work?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:31 pm

Music -- either played audibly or attended to with the internal ear of memory -- is an excellent adjunct to all kinds of work, not just break-ups or curses.

However, with regard to your specific query about cursing work, i know that musical choices are quite personal and, depending on the situation or the intent of making someone move, i may think of any or all of these:

You Got To Move" by Mississippi Fred McDowell
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erUE8DrB04E
(i realize that this is not a song intended as a hot foot curse; i simply admit to using it that way.)

"Hitler and Hell" by Rev. J. M. Gates (substituting the name of the enemy, of course)
Text here: http://luckymojo.com/hitler-and-hell.html‎

"Will You Spend Your Eternity in Hell" by "Black Billy Sunday" (Rev. Dr. J. Gordon McPherson)
Text here: http://luckymojo.com/will-you-spend-you ... hell.html‎
catherine yronwode

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MissMichaele » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:36 pm

Hmm -- I don't do much breakup work, and I quit keeping track of popular music after the Beatles broke up. Nowadays, my taste in music runs to things that were popular when my parents were teething. So, maybe (ok, when they were in grade school) Jimmie Lunceford's "I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town."

Interesting topic

Still thinkin',

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

Mama Rue
HRCC Student

Unread post by Mama Rue » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:06 pm

Isolte wrote:I was curious as to what, if any music anyone else here plays while doing their break-up work?

I recently started listening to "Move, b**tch" by Ludacris while doing my workings and boy, does it get me in an angry mood! This song is especially good when another woman is trying to take away your man.

DMX is also a good choice for angry work if you like hip-hop like I do 8-)
DMX, for sure. He could be rapping the words to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and make it sound ominous and foreboding :lol:

The song that comes to my mind first is Ray Charles "Hit the Road, Jack". Probably better for hot footin' or gooferin' now that I think about it. Another is "The Clean Up Woman" by Betty Wright. In this song, she's singing about you LOL! Which then reminds me of Joss Stone's "You're a Dirty Man" if you're mad at the man in the situation.

Now that Luda song you mentioned won't stop playing in my head :shock:
Where there's a will, there's a root.
HRCC #1953S

Isolte
HRCC Student
Re: How to Increase Focus and Intention While Casting Spells

Unread post by Isolte » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Thank you all so much for sharing! I love these suggestions.
I will definitely look into these songs because I am open to all types of music.

Susan Barnes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Susan Barnes » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Hi Isolte,

I use music in quite a lot of my work. Your post is refreshing to me.
I love Catherine's links,you can't go wrong with any of those.
DMX always rocks it. But I haven't done any work to his tunes, yet.
Mama Rue offered a good one by Betty Wright, "The Clean up Woman".
For some weird reason I keep having Nancy Sinatra's song on my mind. "These Boots were made for walkin"
But I do have a special place in my heart for Ludacris. He has some great break up tunes.
Miss Cat is right on about music being quite personal.
You're for sure on the right track. :)
HRCC Graduate #1632 - Member of AIRR - Member of Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Moderator

Pwincess Buttacwup

Energy Direction 101

Unread post by Pwincess Buttacwup » Thu May 08, 2014 4:35 pm

These questions go out to the magic veterans among us. I hope you might share your personal time-tested pointers for properly directing energy into spellwork.

What's your favorite method of directing your energy into your spells?
Many of you have become so effective at energy direction that you can affect targets as far as different countries, and targets from whom you have no personal concerns. If this is you, how are you able to do this? Would you say this is something you were born with, or did you learn?
For those who direct their energy into work involving spirits: What's a good way to hear what the spirits are saying to you? Is it something you hear, feel, see, taste, touch...? How do you generally prefer to gain cooperation from spirits, dead or otherwise - or in the case of the capricious or dangerous ones, how do you gain their aid while keeping their tendencies in check?
Finally: What do you generally prefer to do about your mood when you're doing your spellwork - do you leave it at the metaphorical door? Do you put off the spellwork until you're in the proper mood? Do you prefer to channel your mood, good or bad, into your spell? Or something else?

I'm perpetually keen to improve, and if I can see further after this, as the saying goes, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Energy Direction 101

Unread post by Miss Aida » Mon May 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello, Pwincess Buttacwup,Since there's so many questions, I'll answer each after the question
Pwincess Buttacwup wrote:These questions go out to the magic veterans among us. I hope you might share your personal time-tested pointers for properly directing energy into spellwork.

What's your favorite method of directing your energy into your spells?-My personal favorite is relaxation for about 1/2 hour before performing spells. Then, deep breaths and intake energy. If I am doing enemy work, I get as angry as possible and scream and yell.
Many of you have become so effective at energy direction that you can affect targets as far as different countries, and targets from whom you have no personal concerns. If this is you, how are you able to do this? Would you say this is something you were born with, or did you learn?-For me, it was both. For many successful practitioners, it took practice, commitment and determination
For those who direct their energy into work involving spirits: What's a good way to hear what the spirits are saying to you? Is it something you hear, feel, see, taste, touch...? One or all! Depends on the person. You start out by praying and talking to your spirit guides, ancestors, etc. As time goes on, ask for signs. Then build from there.
How do you generally prefer to gain cooperation from spirits, dead or otherwise - or in the case of the capricious or dangerous ones, how do you gain their aid while keeping their tendencies in check?-I don't deal with dangerous spirits. Maybe another root worker can answer this.
Finally: What do you generally prefer to do about your mood when you're doing your spellwork - do you leave it at the metaphorical door? Do you put off the spellwork until you're in the proper mood? Do you prefer to channel your mood, good or bad, into your spell? Or something else?-Don't ever cast a spell if you're not in the mood. It won't work. AS I had stated earlier, anger is good for enemy work.

I'm perpetually keen to improve, and if I can see further after this, as the saying goes, it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.
HRCC Graduate #1631

emu81684
The Order of Working Conjure?

Unread post by emu81684 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:36 am

Hello to all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day.

First off, I haven't been able to find a thread like this anywhere, but that's not to say it doesn't exist within this incredibly dense world of Lucky Mojo forums. That being said, I'm sorry if I repeat the questions, but I would like some advice and I think it might help newbies and the like as well.

My main problem with conjure is I get so incredibly excited about working it that I have a horrible time calming down and performing the proper steps. I'm used to seeing results with people I already have existing relationships with, so I (somehow) think I can jump right in with someone else the same way. And you can't. You just can't. Conjure you work on someone you've known for ten years is vastly different than what you'd work on someone you have only recently met, and that's where my problems arise.

Conjure is literally about baby steps. You can't work Love Me conjure on someone you haven't even spoken to. There's no footing and even though its common sense, I have wasted a lot of time, energy, supplies and money through the years skipping the dozen steps it takes to get there.

So, I was hoping someone could give a simple outline of what should be done. My overall plan is to make initial contact with my target with something tangible like a dressed letter, or mail, or something then solidify their attention, build a relationship and then eventually result in something more. My problem is I don't lay the needed ground work to get the results I want.

1) All I'm certain of is getting a reading first.

2) Should I then do a cleansing bath?

3) Maybe Road Opening work?

4) Should I send the dressed letter before working anything substantial like a Honey Jar or vigil candle?

It's the small things I have trouble focusing on, but you can't do anything big without first starting small. So please, any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: The Order of Working Conjure?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:24 am

There are actually two threads that deal with this topic.

A) How to Increase Focus and Intention While Casting Spells
how-to-increase-focus-and-intention-whi ... 24715.html

B) Basic Understanding of Traditional African American Hoodoo
basic-understanding-of-traditional-afri ... 19287.html

I have moved your query into the first-named thread, but i want to tell you that you must also read the second thread to understand that there are traditional ways of performing hoodoo that are rooted in specific black American community cultural styles, as well as nearly world-wide magical methodologies, such as the use of contact or contagion magic, proxy magic, vocalizations, and the like, that appear in hoodoo in patterns similar to those fund in other forms of folk magic.

To answer your specific questions:

1) Not necessary before beginning spell work, but often undertaken by those with limited experience.

2) No, you do not need to take a cleansing bath for most work, especially not for simple attraction spells. If such a bath is prescribed, take it; if the work does not require it, don't take it. We take cleansing baths to remove spiritual messes. If you are not messed up, you will not require cleansing to do love-drawing spells.

3) No, you do not need to undertake a Road Opening for most work, especially not for simple attraction spells. If such a Road Opening is prescribed, do it; if the work does not require it, don't take it. We perform Road Opener work to clear blocked paths. If your paths are not blocked, you will not require a Road Opener to do love-drawing spells.

4) No, the preparation of a dressed letter is itself a job of work and all part and portion of it will benefit from being prepared and then held for a while with or under your altar work. Make the sugar jar, light the candle, write the letter by the light of the candle, place the letter under the jar, smoke it, dress it, pray over it, work with it physically, et cetera. When the letter is fully prepared (which may take several days), then select a propitious time to send it.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

aniviel

Unread post by aniviel » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:06 pm

I read through the topic and couldn't find an answer here, I do wonder because I've tried either approach in the past.
I light candles on my honey jar Mon, Wed and Friday. I tend to pray before I light, as I light and then numerous times during the burn. When I pray my intent is very clear and focused. But between those, I do feel the need to get away (get food / use laptop etc..)
I have previously sat with the candle the whole time it was burning, and other times I'd sit with it for about 10-15 minutes numerous times during the burn but do other stuff the rest of the time. I am able to bring myself straight to "that place" (I'm clear with intent, speaking aloud helps me and it's easy because I live alone. But I've always felt unable to use "visualisation" techniques, but that never interfered with my rituals).

Are both approaches okay? Or?

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:22 pm

aniviel ,

I spend time in prayer with ancestors, the spirits of the work, the items being used, oils, etc. I Spend time in prayer with God and talk about it, pray about it. I state my petition and work, then light the candle and do the physical things as I speak out loud what it is and why. I then go in to prayer normally eyes closed praying on my petition and purpose. I am often caught in the moment and dont really recall thinking about doing anything other then praying, I dont focus on technique im focused on my prayer. I follow this with reading of scripture and end it with thanking the spirts, the items used and God for my prayer and answering it. If i visualize its before I get started and at the end when I sit in contemplation and accepting my prayer was answered. People may use different techniques I find a solid prayer with a heart felt petition brings all that into the work without me trying. I hope that helps.
Formerly known as J82; New updated name!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”