Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Quartz Points Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo herbal, mineral, and zoological curios, plus human personal concerns, in magic spells and conjure craft.
Jesterjosh

Quartz Points Questions and Answers

Unread post by Jesterjosh » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:34 am

I do not recall where I came across this claim, but I have heard that a double terminal quartz point (a quartz crystal pointed at both ends) will help to bring lucid dreams when placed in a glass of water, and prayed over. Then drink the water (but not the crystal! :roll: ) before going to bed.

Two questions:

A) Has anybody else heard of this?

B) Has anybody tried this?

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Re: Mineral Curio to Aid Dreams and Dream-Work

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 am

Quartz crystals are not used very much in hoodoo, but some do use them.

If you are looking to dream true, there are a number of traditional hoodoo formulas that can help. Do a forum search as that topic has come up before.
HRCC Student #1559

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Re: Mineral Curio to Aid Dreams and Dream-Work

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:47 pm

Hello Jesterjosh,

This is described on the Lucky Mojo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour episode from 2006 entitled: Dreaming -- Types of Dreams and Concepts About Dreams (theory) -- How To Use Dreams To Do Hoodoo (techniques) with Queen Mabulla and Dr. Eoghan Ballard. And it is Queen Mabulla that describes it.

So if you've listened to the show that might be were you heard it.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Quartz Point to Aid Dreams and Dream-Work

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:50 pm

The use of quartz points is a bit less common in hoodoo than the use of crystal balls. They have become much more popular recently. They are also used in Neo-Pagan and New Age workings. We do carry them in the shop.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Wandering_Jew
Do many rootworkers use 'crystals' in their work?

Unread post by Wandering_Jew » Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:23 pm

Apologies if this is a dumb question (I'm new around here), but...

I noticed that, unlike most of the other systems of magic I've studied, hoodoo doesn't seem to include any mentions of using 'crystals' (i.e. stones with interesting properties) in traditional spells, except lodestones. Is that due to African American people maybe not having widespread ability to go buy a decent-sized lump of, say, amethyst until fairly recently in American history? Or is using semi-precious stones frowned upon in hoodoo?

I understand that they're not traditional, but am curious whether many rootworkers use them, now that they are more available? (I've read in Cat's online book that hoodoo has picked up many tools and practices from other traditions, when rootworkers had widespread access and exposure to them, so I hope it's not a disrespectful question.)

I don't often find a stone that will work with me, but when I do, they can be powerful tools, so would be interested to hear if anyone does use them, and if so, how they incorporate (or not) them into traditional hoodoo.

Or if they are taboo/anathema in hoodoo, I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain why to me? (Or direct me to a link if it's come up before but I couldn't find it...)

ProphetAvery
HRCC Graduate
Re: Do many rootworkers use 'crystals' in their work?

Unread post by ProphetAvery » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm not answering this question by any means but i'm also interested to see some suggestions on how people incorporate crystals gemstones etc into their work, i've recently purchased the book gemstone crystal and metal magic, looking forward to seeing where it takes me.
God Bless St. Expedite, Archangel Michael!
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1860G

mystic_fae

Unread post by mystic_fae » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:02 pm

I'm pretty sure I've read it's not traditional to use them in hoodoo, but some rootworkers do. I have heard and read of some putting gem stones in their oils, along with the herbs and roots. Or including relevant crystals on a specific altar, or like a money-related crystal/stone with herbs and roots in a prosperity dish, that type of thing.
It sounds like it is not in old style, traditional hoodoo but for those who find crystals help them with their work, it's not completely uncommon.

I have always been drawn to crystals and have tons of them. I haven't used them in any rootwork yet, though.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:09 pm

Hoodoo is land-based, and the land where it originated, the South-Eastern United States, is not a notable source of gemstones or crystals. To become familiar with conjure practices, understanding the history of African American culture is as important as understanding the history of magic.

We are a full-service shop and we do carry a fine selection of crystal points, carved stone hearts, scrying stones, stone wands, stone spheres, and specimen rocks, but not because they are prominent in hoodoo practices -- rather, because we are trying to be of service to many.

Hoodoo history is here:

http://luckymojo.com/hoodoohistory.html
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Mrniceguy

Quartz crystals

Unread post by Mrniceguy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:05 am

I was wondering if I can use a quartz crystal wrapped in someones clothing or there photo would it increase there vibration & allow me to know anything I want about them?

MissMichaele
Forum Moderator
Re: Quartz crystals

Unread post by MissMichaele » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Mrniceguy, quartz crystals are not commonly used in hoodoo; this is a European/Euro-American New Age custom. It doesn't have much to do with the magical practices African-American Protestant Christians, whose culture and traditions are the bedrock and taproot of hoodoo.

Try putting their clothing or photo under your pillow (or in your pillowcase). Dress the item with a little Psychic Vision Oil or smoke it in Psychic Vision incense; then you can expect to dream true about them.
Good luck,

Miss Michaele
HRCC Graduate #0361 - Forum Moderator
Member of HP - Member of AIRR - Author

callmeladyluck
Re: Quartz crystals

Unread post by callmeladyluck » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:29 pm

Mrniceguy

that's a very complicated way to get information about another. you could always just ask a deck of cards or any other form of divination as well. what you're essentially wanting is for the quartz to be an information conduit - and that can really only be done by binding a spirit that you're in communication with into that quartz and having the spirit report back to you. but on the same note-- unless the person is completely shielded -- the spirit should be able to access info for you regardless.

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Herb, Mineral, and Animal Curios in Hoodoo and Rootwork”