Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Separation Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
Daytona12

Unread post by Daytona12 » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Okay I'm thinking of separating two people who I know and I want to separate them on the LM candle setting lights I had thought of a break up but I do not want any thing to come back to me in a negative way. One of them is a women whom I wanted to be with for over a year due to I have been there for her and I have done a lot. All of a sudden out of the blue she introduce me to the person whom she is with. I felt very uneasy meeting him. I really wanted to talk to my female friend, but he was there because I wanted to tell her my true feelings. I did some research and not only I found out his real name, but I also know that he DJ for clubs. I have him full name and birth date, age, and nick name he goes by. I want them to separate for good, but I want them to be friends for life. Would a separation candle do the job. I'm not envy or anything. I want my female friend to come back into my life again. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Re: Question about Separation Confusion glass vigil candle

Unread post by Turnsteel » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:42 pm

A candle by its self probably will not do the job. If all you want is to have your friend back then you can do a Return to Me spell, I would also do a honey jar on her rather then breaking up what could very well be a happy relationship. Cloves are also good for friendship.
HRCC Student #1559

Brida

Unread post by Brida » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:54 am

Greetings!

Okay, so I lit a Separation candle on Oct. 5, and the candle burned out on Oct. 8. I got this candle from the LM shop, and it was dressed for me.

I know a fast burn like that is not common for a 7 day vigil candle, as I have done LOTS of work with these, and this is the first time the candle burned out so quickly. I looked on the candle divination page, and did not find anything addressing this.

Also, I burned the peition in my fireplace, and threw it East at a crossroads before sunrise this morning. I plan on recycling the glass.

Please advise as to the short duration of the burn, and if I disposed of it properly.

Please let me know.

Hugs,
Brida
"You can't fish on dry land." - My Momma.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:00 am

From http://www.luckymojo.com/candlemagicdiv ... ml#signsA7 :
The candle burns up overly fast

Generally a fast burn is good, but an overly-fast burn (compared to other times you have used the same kind of candle) means that although the work will go well, it may not last long. You might have to repeat the job at a later date.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student
Re: Seperation Candle burned out in 3 days!!!

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 pm

I remember reading that if it burns fast then the outcome is not going to last for long and then you would have to do it again to make it stronger.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Seperation Candle burned out in 3 days!!!

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:07 pm

What Tabby says is true. I would back up the work with another vigil candle, and keep heat on the situation. This might be one of those situations where they might break up, and get back together. So in addition to a vigil candle, you might want to do some other kind of break up work such as a break up kit. Or you might want to do a hotfoot spell of the person you want to get far far away from the other person.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Nvm3

Unread post by Nvm3 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:25 pm

I've lit a separation candle, the one that comes in a glass vigil, At first the flame was high and very bright, then after a few minutes it was as if it was dying down a bit. It looked as if it was burning real slow. After about an hour something started forming at the top of the wick. The glass vigil is completely clean and the flame is about medium size, but what has me worried is whats forming at the top of the wick im not sure if its wax, but it kind of looks like coal. Could you please tell me if this is normal or what it means....

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Separation candle burning

Unread post by Devi Spring » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:51 pm

Those black balls on wicks have been discussed before, you might want to try searching the forum and reading what's been said thus far about that.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:12 am

Here is the thread. I didnt read through it but I was taught that that could mean obstacles in your work, or it could mean that someone is resisting. BUT before I cause a panick. It could just be the wick. I mean thats happened to quite a few of my candles and I have had favorable results with my vigil candles. So you should be fine. But if you are really worried get a reading. Also, Ive noticed that this happens when the flame gets really really high. So it could just be nothing. i wouldnt be too worried.

black-ball-in-flame--t2963.html#p14995

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 am

Yea, whenever I have a very high flame I get them too. Honestly, I don't usually read anything into that. However, if it really struck you strongly as some kind of sign, then pulling some cards on the situation might help clarify. But most times I don't pay attention to it. :)

c4th1

Unread post by c4th1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi guys,

I need advise on how long does it take for a Separation candle to work?

Also, will it work if no oil is dressed to the candle?

And, will it work faster towards the target/petition if we have a photo of the persons?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Separation candle: Without oil? How fast?

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:25 pm

1. spell work can take 3 days for signs 3 weeks for movement and 3 months til the outcome. this is just a guideline and it really depends on your situation

2. Candles are no traditionally set without any oils, powders, or supplies. That is why all Lucky Mojo candles are provided to you already dressed with oils.

3. Again, how "fast" or how "strong" something is depends on the situation. Everyone's situation is not the same, and I highly advise that you get a reading done before attempting this. I have done quite a few break up works,and I can tell you that it is probably going to take working from various angles and/or more than one vigil light or other break up spells to bring thing to a complete end but it does depend on how complicated and other factors in the situation

As for the photo, the list goes from the most strongest connection to the least. I would like to add just because you have a hair doesnt always mean its going to work FASTER necessarily.

Genital fluids: menstrual blood, semen, vaginal fluid
Other biological concerns: urine, feces, sweat, blood, spit
Hair: pubic, head, armpit, beard
Person's unwashed clothing: underwear, socks, handkerchief
Person's foot track lifted from the dirt
"Shed" body items: nail clippings, baby teeth
Person's bath water, wash water, drinking water
Person's handwriting on paper
Something Person owned or wore
Something Person touched, e.g. butt from smoked cigarette
Photo of Person
Drawing or silhouette of Person
Person's business card
Person's full name written on paper 9 times

c4th1

Re: Re: Separation candle: Without oil? How fast?

Unread post by c4th1 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:23 pm

Hi, Stars

I read from your other post you have done break up works previously. I also read from the break up work that you need to do cleansing and protection for yourself afterwards. Do you have to always do both after you do the break up work?

I completely have nothing personal items from the other party, so it seems like it is gonna be a very weak work. Having said that, I have also set the vigil candle at Missionary Independent Spiritual Church.

Perhaps I can sprinkle the sachet at the front of their house?

I cannot do any work here in my place as it is not convenient to do so.

thelightfantastic
Re: Re: Separation candle: Without oil? How fast?

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:12 pm

Yes, you need to cleanse yourself after doing break up work because it's an enemy trick. You don't want that kind of negativity on you and effecting your life. As for protection, you should have that in place regardless of what kind of work you're doing. Regular cleansing and protection are vital.

You most certainly can sprinkle sachet powder in front of your targets home. You can put it anywhere where you think they may come into contact with it.

If possible, try to get a picture of your target. A photo only isn't the greatest link, but it's a stronger link than nothing at all. You can look on Facebook and MySpace for things of that nature as a lot of folks put up pictures of themselves on the internet without a second thought.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:31 pm

You can most certainly do damage with just their full name. I understand that the lucky mojo web site says that names are a weak link or what have you, and that very well might be the case. But I think does NOT mean that you cannot achieve your goal, and that does not mean you can't do the work you want to do.

Everyone, you CAN do the work, it may take you a few break up spells, and you may have to do various kinds of tricks such as sending anonymous things to their house, and other tricks. With that said, getting their hair doesn't insinuate that you are going to have guaranteed success either because it is stronger in a sense.

In any case, I encourage you to sprinkle some sachet powder in front of your target's home (make sure you mix it with dirt, better yet graveyard dirt). You can sprinkle some war water in their path, send them something in the mail laced with the break up powder, you can get a bottle spell and bury it any where on their property (the ideal place is to get them to walk over it, but anywhere on their property will help too). I mean just because you have their names or just their photos does not mean you cannot do the work.

If you cannot do the work yourself, then you might want to hire someone to do the work for you.

c4th1

Unread post by c4th1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:08 am

Hi Stars,

Do you know who I can hire to do the work? Are you able able to do the work for me since you hve done it many times :)

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:55 am

Here is a list of people that perform break-up spellwork for clients such as yourself through AIRR, the Association of Independent Readers and Rootowrkers
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org/in ... _Break_Ups

c4th1

Unread post by c4th1 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:28 pm

What is the best product for cleansing after doing Separation work?

And how long do I need to have the protection for?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:48 pm

There are various methods to cleanse after doing this kind of work, from baths to smudging with a sage stick, to incense, and floor washes.

http://www.luckymojo.com/baths.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/chinesewash.html
I recommend that you use chinese wash, and the 13 herb bath.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator
Re: Separation Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:44 pm

If you purchase the Uncrossing spellkit; you will receive the Chinese Wash and 13 Herb Spiritual Bath. This is a great kit to have on hand.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:32 pm

Here is the Separation Candle:

CAN-GLS-SEPA
Separation Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

be_777

Meaning of Separation Candle burn

Unread post by be_777 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 pm

I am new to candle divination but I purchased the Separation Candle to cause discord in an enemy couple, read the instructions, and then lit the wick.

I believe the candle was supposed to burn for 120 hours straight, but all the wax had been completely consumed in about 96 hours.

During the burning, the flame was relatively high and hot. There was a little bit of dirtiness at the top of the glass but for the most part burned relatively clear. What does a fast, high burn mean as well as some of the dirtiness at the top of the glass?

Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:53 pm

Dear be_777

This thread is not a candle divination thread -- it is about the use of Separation candles.

For long and intricate suggestions on candle divination, please start by reading this "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" web page by catherine yronwode:

Candle Magic Divination
http://luckymojo.com/candlemagicdivination.html

After you have read that, please feel free to join in on the Lucky Mojo Forum discussion thread about divination by candle remains, which covers divination both by means of the free-standing and figural candles and the glass-encased vigil candles:

Candle Divination: Flame, Wick, Wax, Glass, Remains
candle-divination-flame,-wick,-wax,-gla ... t8537.html

Finally, you can hire a conjure worker from the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworkers (AIRR) to help you with divination of your candles. This is a form of reading signs, and AIRR has a page about it here, including a list of practitioners with whom you can arrange a private consultation, should you wish one:

Candle Reading:
http://readersandrootworkers.org/wiki/C ... le_Reading

Good luck!

CAN-GLS-SEPA
Separation Glass-Encased Candle, Fixed
$8.50

catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

TawnyOwl

Seperation Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by TawnyOwl » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 pm

Okay, I met this guy and we hit it off together very well. We have tons in common. We have a blast hanging out together. At the time I met him he was technically single but living at his Female friends house. Now, they are officially dating for two. She seems to be very controlling. She has three kids so, he feels that this is complicated and more people will be hurt if he breaks up with her. Even his best friend from high school who dated her and has a kid with her says she is manipulative and controlling. I don't know maybe I'm crazy however this is what I see as symptoms: she Calls him constantly,gets mad when he sees his mom or makes other plans with his friends,(his mom likes me and not her) makes plans for him and not keying him into the plans (ie volunteering him to go a friends house), Shoot yesterday we were just hanging out with another guy at a Mexican restaurant, and she called and showed up and sat right next to me in our booth. The waitress asked if she wanted anything, and I interrupted the waitress and said she will have a water being the kind soul I am. She complained saying she doesn't like water she likes pepsi only. I joked with her and said "her kidneys will hate her if she doesn't drink water it is necessary for life." I get the vibe that she is faking it to "like me." When they fight its awful. My Cancer friends get really depressed. He says he doesn't have one fight left in him. When its good its good. My point of all this is, I hate to see my fellow pagan friend get hurt by someone controlling Manipulative Young 26yr female that has nothing in common and seems to want to control his free spirit. I think he deserves better and she does not deserve him. I have done divination with cards.Summary, It said that there relationship will fall apart and she will be revengeful on him. I will prevail as the victor and he will end up falling in love with me. I have bathed in Come to me bath salts (we ended up getting busy once that wasn't my intent. I want to be his girlfriend eventually.) I used a black candle dressed with separation oil, wrote their names burned her name away broke it threw her half in the trash, took it out and buried his half next to my door step. Six days later I spread Inflammatory powder all over the steps, under the bathroom rug, and under her side of the bed. Did a silent prayer in my head to St.Expedite. I also did a vinegar jar spell with a lemon,inflammatory confusion powder, separation oil, pic of her with a petition for a permanent break up with his name crossed out, poppy seeds, 9 pins,nails, and push pins and vinegar not to mention a black candle with their names and x's on the bottom and top. Let it burned all the down. My question is how do I know this all working and how do I keep this from back firing in my face? Even he said it is a matter of time before there relationship dissolves but it's been up and down. I normally don't do spells like this unless I see fit. A free spirit cannot be contained. Any help is greatly appreciated. Blessings. -TawnyOwl

Hedge-Witch
HRCC Student
Re: Vinegar Jar Spell and Seperation Candle spell . Help Please.

Unread post by Hedge-Witch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:39 am

Hi TawnyOwl

You seemed to have carried out all the necessary procedures for your work to manifest. Have you set yourself a time limit on just how long you are prepared to work for this man?. Set yourself a time limit.

You should have some kind of sign that your work is working, maybe he'll call, they'll argue. You say you don't want this to back fire on you, if you wish you can doing a cleansing bath, when someone has done some heavy duty work you may want to do a hyssop bath, saying psalm 51 as you cleanse and step out between to lit candles. This cleanses any residue stuff off you and the psalm mentions 'the my sins be whiter than snow.'

If this man is such a free spirit like you say, he'll get the measure of her or he may actually like being dominated. Instead of doing anymore separation work for the moment as you've done that already you could do some clarity work for him to see her for what she is. Lesser Celandine is good for clarity and helping free someone from imprisoning situations. But again do set yourself a time limit to do the work and if you reach that time limit and he hasn't returned to you, I would say it isn't meant to be and move on.

Hope this helps hun.
HRCC G#1548

TawnyOwl

Unread post by TawnyOwl » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:23 am

Last night he texted me at 2pm. They were fighting her true colors came out she thinks she can say anything and get away with it. They were drunk (which is strange cause he doesn't drink knowing he has Irish and Finnish ) what happened was they ended up having sex twice but she wanted more but he was "spent" she threw his ring back at him and threatened him if he doesn't come back to bed with her then it's over while crying in the kitchen. Long story short she tried to go out of the house drunk to drive. He stopped her but he kicked the door and now sprained his ankle. I put 9 days on the four corners of the petition. (01/03)Points: drinking. Sex. Boys heard her. Got outta bed. Freaked out. I put the door back on tje hall. Privacy. Went back to bed. More sex. Me exausted. Cud(02/03)dled. I fell asleep. She wanted more.i was spent. Needed to recover. She got mad. Stormed off out side to facebook. Then told me i didnt want to spend ti(03/03)me woth her cause i fell asleep.ten mins. I thats how it started" Well. It was expected. There is a thin line between not caring and not taking any more." Is what he all texted to me. He said himself he is a free spirit. This isn't love she is manipulating him. I thought about doing a honey jar with sugar, high john, lavender,( maybe some cinnamon) honey his name petitioned under the candle that is cranberry red and a rune drawn for love. (Keep in mind I am eclectic solitary pagan) - Brightest blessings TawnyOwl.

Hedge-Witch
HRCC Student

Unread post by Hedge-Witch » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Hi TawnyOwl

I can tell you are very passionate about this man and the situation. Sure do a honey jar on this man, sure put the crazy controlling girlfriend in a vinegar jar and throw her down the river. But I reiterate set yourself a time limit to work this by, if the man isn't back in your bed by such and such a time don't spend anymore time on this man as you are just going to be flogging a dead horse, so to speak and this woman has run and won the race.

With regards to you being a solitary eclectic pagan, that doesn't matter you can still work with the psalms and the bible in your work, as the bible is a magical book in itself and has many levels to it. I am also a pagan witch and there is no conflict of interests where that is concerned and as your eclectic it shouldn't matter anyhow as all paths lead to the same destination hun.

Best of luck.
HRCC G#1548

TawnyOwl

Unread post by TawnyOwl » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:14 am

Thank you for the advice, it worked I am in awe. It has been a long time since I have done a serious spell like that. He brought it up last night they are no longer romantically a couple they broke up as a mutual decision. That they should be just friends. He called me last night to see if I made it home safely and to tell me that they broke up. Then he said well I have spare time on my hands what are your plans? Now, can I put the vinegar jar in or around a tree in a graveyard? (Representation of the relationship is dead and the energy of the spell is still within that city limits of her?) I really do like this guy it isn't often you meet someone with same common ground and same beliefs/similar (he is a practicing chaos magick.)

Miss Aida
HRCC Graduate
Re: Seperation Vigil Candle Questions and Answers

Unread post by Miss Aida » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:15 pm

Hello, TawnyOwl,
Here is a link for disposal: www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html
And congratulations!!!
HRCC Graduate #1631

Tribaby789

Unread post by Tribaby789 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:37 am

I have a black separation candle. The one where 2 people are facing away from each other. I want to know if this could be used to get a girl not to join the soccer team. She is acting like a spoiled brat and has threatened to quit if the coach does not make her captain. He picked the 3 last season and she hasn't been back since. She does nothing at all and the coaches let her do this. They treat her like fragile china. I was thinking of using the black separation candle with separation oil and hot pepper/hot foot at her feet but not sure if I should use it for the coach. Which set up would be better

1. Make one side the girl and the other the head coach(the assistant is the one who talked to her not sure if head coach told him to)
2. Make one side the girl and the other both coaches(don't know if I could make one side both coaches)
3. make one side the girl and the other the FHS soccer team( I could use the school logo with a picture of a soccer ball)

Thanks

Miss Athena
Site Admin

Unread post by Miss Athena » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:59 pm

Hi Trubaby789,

I've never used a separation candle for this kind of purpose, but you could certainly try. Make the coach side for the one who has the final authority to decide who makes captain.

You could also put her in a freezer spell to stop her from getting what she wants. It's another idea. Read about them here:
http://www.luckymojo.com/freezer.html

I hope this helps. Good luck.
HRCC Graduate #1909 - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - Forum Administrator

Tribaby789

Unread post by Tribaby789 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:38 am

Thank you miss Athena!

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”