Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Ask here for help or report problems with the Lucky Mojo Forum.
Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:47 am

Firstly I never received my first warning because I never knew I could get personal messages to my email from forum members since this is only my first time using a forum. I only just with the help of others learned how to post.

With this in mind I had to get help from the tech. support to fix my cap lock from the company I purchased my computer which was just fixed.

Lastly I had no idea that posting in all caps was such a big or severe issue. So once again I am very very sorry, but what is the reason for this

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: A General Apology

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:50 am

Thanks, Sharona, for taking care of this. I have been the one who was exporting your all-caps text to my hard drive, changing it to regular typing, and re-importing it -- and i was getting tired of the job. I am glad you got it fixed, and i am happy to see you posting in regular type now. Thanks!
catherine yronwode

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:06 pm

I am also sorry about not answering sooner I also learned now about being able to send private messages to forum members which I did not know about,how is it done? I would never purposely do anything against the rules everyone here has been extremely kind and helpful especially you leading me to talk to Robin at LM she is great

Chagrinedgirl
Forum Member

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:00 pm

Hi Sharona, just FYI, on most forums, or in messaging, etc, all caps is considered shouting. Just one of those wierd little 'Netiquette things. I have total sympathy, by the way, after an incident involving a cup of coffee and demanding kitty got my keyboard out of whack, I was shouting in all caps like a carny :)

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:02 am

Thanks for explaining I would have never done that intentionally

ladybug

Posts: Edited, Deleted, Merged, Locked, 404, Await Approval

Unread post by ladybug » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:49 am

I made a post yesterday, and it has disappeared. Was it flagged as inappropriate?
My apologies if that is what occurred.

Ladybug

nagasiva
Site Admin
Re: Post disappeared

Unread post by nagasiva » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:12 pm

Yes, it was flagged as inappropriate as it entered into areas that are problematic for online communities trying to comply with current legal guidelines. I believe specifics are being privately messaged to you if you need them. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
nagasiva yronwode
https://www.facebook.com/nagasiva.yronwode
forum@luckymojo.com (Forum Tech Help)

roar1

Apology

Unread post by roar1 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:24 pm

I received a warning regarding the posting of external website information. This transgression was done unintentionally in replying to an individual on my first login to the forum for which I thought was for sharing any knowledge. The information that matched the individual's question was on a site that I had located when I was directed by store personnel to do a web search for a seperate matter as it couldn't be found on your site. I just thought it was innocent information sharing and there was no intention of promoting that site it was jsut a radom site found in a search for an unrelated matter.

I was advised by store personnel to post my inquiry on the forum and was navigated by them while on the phone to the "Ask for Help with Spellcasting" forum. I advised them this was my first ever enter into any kind of forum and I didn't know how to proceed. I was told just to submit my question and that I could reply to others.

I was never advised about a rules section or anything and misunderstood the direction to a link that was given to someone in a post that I had read. I have never posted anything in any forum before fearing making an error of some sort.

Upon noticing that I had a message, which I didn't even know was possible, I then learned about a rules sectionin the email itself. I didn't even see the maim forum for it till today. I tried sending a message explaining and apologizing for the trangression, but it wouldn't go through.

I again called the store because I was so sorry I did something wrong and was advised after they tried to walk me though it to post my reply somewhere in the forum and it would be found and read. I just happened upon this location after going into each forum and saw where someone else posted an apology in this one. I wasn't advised how to retify the situation such as removing the post.

I received another warning the next day for the same offense pretaining to the same post. I have repeatedly searched for that post to see if I could delete it, but cannot locate it anywhere on the forum. The second warning advised that I would be banned from the forum if I had another offense.

I never posting in a forum for fear of doing something wrong and the first time I did, I did do it wrong. In fear of and to prevent making another untentional mistake I will therefore refrain from making any further posts regarding any matter unless it's a question only post. Unless I get banned for the same offense in the same post that I can't find or know how to correct.

Again I sincerely apologize.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Apology

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:29 am

HI Roar1,
You were warned and now you know! There is a rules section for every forum topic that you can 2x check before posting, but your posts are welcome as long as they are on topic and placed in the right category.

take care,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

roar1

Unread post by roar1 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:33 pm

The point was that I asked at the time I was instructed by a store employee to go to the forum how I was to operate it. I even told the lady I had never do this before and I didn't want to mess it up. She told me I couldn't and while on the phone with her she directed me to the "ask for help with spellcasting" forum and told me I was good to go for posting and responding.

From that while in the forum I read some of the other entries to see how they were done, because I was told to make my heading and post specific and made replies to a few individuals with on topic responses to see how that worked and then posted my question.

It was all done in that one forum during the initial login where I was directed too. I never knew rules section was there, because I wasn't told. After I made my post I closed the page. I then only went to the same forum to look for any answer as the lady told me to expect a response within three hours.

Once again I didn't go to any other forum because I had specfic instruction for this forum and didn't want to muck anything up.

So I now have two warnings against me because I followed instructions given to me while on the phone with the person giving the instructions yet never being to what the rules were or that there were even rules to look at.

I'm paranoid about doing things wrong and am totally embarrased that I received warnings when I had no idea that I had done anything wrong. Especially the implied tone in the warnings like it was intentional. The second one telling me one more and I would be banned, considering that both offenses where done at the same time in the same forum following a LuckMojo employees instructions. When I got the first warning message I freaked and called the store back to see what I had done. At that time I still was told about the rules section or how to find it. I just began looking all over for it and saw something that said rules in the message. I wasn't even told during the initial call that I could get or send messages I just happened to see the (1) message after repeatly logging in to see if I had gotten a reply to my question. During the second call the person couldn't tell me why a reply message I was trying to send about the warning wouldn't go through. So I start off my very first visit to the forum with two strikes against me. That's what worries me about making any future posts. Heaven forbid I inadvertently make another and I'm out. I hope this post doesn't anger anyone again it wasn't my intension. I just want to explain my concern.

Thank you,

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:19 pm

I do understand and sympathize with your plight.

However, forum has a fairly standard interface that has been built over the years, specifically to make finding things such as forum rules and FAQ as "normal" as possible. Our own Rules and FAQ links are prominant in the usual place for a forum, in the upper control panel, and are fully accessable to people who have not yet registered with the forums. Yes, this may be bewildering to someone who has never used a forum before, but since it is a fairly standard practice for most forums on the Internet, it is difficult to put them anywhere else without increasing the potential for confusion.

Also, private messaging is also a fairly standard feature on message boards, with access to them being displayed in messages in the upper control panel being the normal way of informing members that they have messages. Warnings are typically delivered via this private messaging feature, and while it is possible to have the forums set to email you to tell you you have them, this setting is normally set to "off" to prevent members from getting upset about spam issues. The setting is adjustable by each member in their own forum User Control panel, which is also accessable in the upper message panel.

Your concerns about the content of your warnings are being taken into account. The warning messages we give are usually based on a standardized form we have worded ourselves, which is customized to suit a particular issue (such are your own warnings). The tone is designed to be matter of fact, not insulting nor to imply motivation. If you are seeing it otherwise, we will take this into consideration for future form revisions.

Lastly, this board you have posted on is here specifically to ask for assistance in using the forums. The forum is indeed based off a standardized interface to make it easier to work with by Internet users, but most forums also include a help board (such as this one), specifically for new users who may not be aware of how to do things or where to find things. You may also benefit by looking over some of the past postings and seeing if any of them may answer a question you have, and if not post the question yourself.

We do understand that any web site can be confusing to someone not familiar with Internet "standards". This is a problem for any site host and administration, not just with forums. This is precisely why such interface "standards" have come about, to try and smooth the way for new users when they encounter a new site. Short of offering physical support and instruction at a users home, there is unfortunately not much more that a site host or adminstrator can do.
nagasiva yronwode

roar1

Unread post by roar1 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:04 pm

Thank you for the information. I just wanted to let someone know that I was following the directions to that specific forum only by a store staff person during a phone call where they were unable to help me. I was actually on the phone with them at the time and they were directing me to sign on. When I asked them where I needed to submit my question I was told to scroll down to the ask for help with spell casting forum only. I was told to enter my question and to be very specific. I was told to click on one as an example and told I could also enter responses. All that I did was done during that log in based on what I was instructed to do. I never left that forum. As I mentioned before I have never been on a forum before and never shared information about anything. I even told the person that and she said I had nothing to worry about I couldn't do anything wrong. I just thought I would give posting a response this time since the person directing me said I was good to go.

Again thank you, but I think I will just post absolutely necessary question, once I have exhausted all other mean of obtaining an answer and will not post any information to anyone. I never offered up information before and I should have stuck to it and not gotten involved with anything other than my own. I don't want to risk loosing access to this forum should a desperate situation arise.

Again thank you and I apologize for my ignorance of the forum use. I'll not bother you with this matter any longer.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:25 pm

I noticed that some of my posts are edited. Or they are changed to things I know I did not say that are not offensive, and do not go against the rules. Why is this the case?
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Fri May 15, 2009 5:27 am

One of the threads I was following is gone? It was in the spellcasting advice area.. it was alist of psalms to get someone to call you?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Thread Missing?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri May 15, 2009 6:14 pm

LMFan --

The thread was deleted due to its being a copyright infringement from another site. This is a blatant violation of the law and also a blatant violation of the Lucky Forum terms of service. The person who posted the copyright material was given one warning and will be banned if he or she does this again. The text has again been deleted.

Please understand that unless an author specifically gives away the right to copy material -- as posters here do -- the right to copy it belongs to the author and to the author alone.

The right to copy is separate from receiving payment. It makes no difference if you charge for the copies you make or give them away free -- simply by copying the material without express permission, you have broken the law.

The right to copy is separate from "giving full credit to the author" (which was also not done -- but, as i said, that's a different legal violation). It makes no difference if you "give full credit to the author" -- simply by copying the material without express permission, you have broken the law. (If no credit is given, an additional legal violation called "plagiarism" is also committed, as happened in this case.

So, that's why the thread was taken down. It was plagiarized and it was a copyright violation.

Also, this may be of interest to all:

Thread titles are edited in order that they will refer to products or situations. Thread titles like "need help" or "u must read" are meaningless and will be changed to topical titles like "Uncrossing Spell" or "My Husband is Paranoid."

Thread titles are also edited to conform to standards of book or magazine title first-letter caps. The title of this thread, for instance, was edited from "edited posts" to "Edited Posts" and then, a year or so later, to "Posts: Edited, Deleted, Merged, Locked, 404, Await Approval" -- LOL!

Texts are edited to remove references to posts that have been deleted for any reason (deleted by the original writer or deleted by a moderator as off-topic, offensive, time-wasting, etc.). When possible, the rest of the post that referred to a deleted post will be retained.

References to religions are often edited out, especially if they express negative personal histories or are disrespectful.

Entire threads are deleted if they are off-topic or are based on an offensive premise or provide links to other company's sales sites.

Misspellings and miscapitalizations are often fixed, if time permits, and if doing so will make a post more readable by the general public or by a search engine (e.g. "spells" instead of "seplls" and "Canada" instead of "canada").

Run-on sentences are edited into two or more short sentences to make them readable and to divide run-on questions into easily answered "chunklets.".

Run-on paragraphs are broken into shorter paragraphs to enable better replies to the multiplicity of questions jammed together.

Posts containing excessive quotation from a previous post may have the overly-long quote edited or eliminated (especially from a post immediately above). This is done to remove the redundant material and enable speedier reading of the thread.

Posts that present, with the false voice of authority, the author's personal opinion are edited to state that the opinion is the author's (e.g. "Hoodoo doctors don't drink coffee" will be edited to "In my opinion, hoodoo doctor's don't drink coffee.")

Threads that have drifted into new topics are split and the split-off portions are renamed to reflect the new topic.

Posts that originated in the wrong topic area are moved to the correct one.

All of these edits are done to make the archive more searchable and more useful to the public, to keep newcomers from being confused by personal comments given by those who have little pactical knowledge of the subject, and to make the archive of posts more searchable by search engines.

Every attempt is made to keep these changes to a minimum, but not a day goes by without some editing on posts. In many cases, our only two choices are to delete or to edit, and we choose to edit. We handle dozens of posts every day, and sometimes make mistakes, but our goal is to retain a searchable, readable, and lively forum that stays on topic, offends no one, and provides accurate information rather than feel-good concensus drivel. If we have failed you, we apologize. However, we will continue to edit posts when we feel it is ncessary for any of the reasons stated above.
catherine yronwode

nati1

Board Warning Issued

Unread post by nati1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:52 pm

I received a PM warning about one of my posts... I have been reading daily but have not posted. I have not given my password to anyone. I believe this to be a mistake. I went back and reviewed my posts and the last one was back on July 3rd. Can you please refer me to the post that is in question?
Thanks,
Nati

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: Board Warning Issued

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:12 pm

Hi, this is cat. I don't check all posts every day, but i found this one while reading an old thread. I deleted it, so i do not have the date it was posted, but it contained links to another site, something like oingea or oinga ...but once a post is deleted, it is gone. When i send out warnings, i click on the name, and then click "warn user" -- then it tells me if they have been warned before. I don't think i made a mistake, but the post may have been fairly old. Just follow the rul -- no outside links -- and all will be well.
catherine yronwode

Mama Gitana

Post Deleted

Unread post by Mama Gitana » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Hi I noticed that one of my post was deleted...It was not a copyright infringement as it was a generic spell that I received from a friend...I thought I'd share it as it addressed a common problem that I saw online with other posters and it was very succesful for me....Please advise if I violated any rules as I really like this forum and would hate to build a bad rapport so early on... Thank you!!! :D

Peace & Blessings
Mama Gitana

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator
Re: Post Deleted

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:33 pm

It would be really nice if we were contacted when a post has been changed, edited, or deleted.

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:21 pm

Considering how often post editing is done to preserve clarity, that just isn't possible. Especially with deleting, since 90% of what gets deleted you never see since it's spam. :)
nagasiva yronwode

Mama Gitana

Unread post by Mama Gitana » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:58 pm

Forum Support wrote:Considering how often post editing is done to preserve clarity, that just isn't possible. Especially with deleting, since 90% of what gets deleted you never see since it's spam. :)
I'm sorry...But this makes no sense to me..!!!...I posted a spell on the "share a spell" area of the forum...It had a thread of some really good conversation between posters...A couple weeks later the thread was completely deleted...I was not notified of any violations.. It would help if I knew why this happened...so that if it was a mistake I made it won't happen again...Should I notify someone directly about this? Thank you and have a great day..

Blessings
Mama Gitana

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Sometimes a thread is deleted due to one of the replies, having nothing to do with the original posting. You wouldn't be notified of any violations because you didn't violate, however the tone of the thread after the problematic reply would make it easier to pull the whole thread instead of a single posting. You might not have seen it as a problem, but if something gets into the thread that is a violation of the terms of service for the forum, then something does need to be done.

Postings are also edited to make them more readable, with spelling corrections, grammar corrections, removal of excessive capitalization or punctuation being examples of what might be done that are not violations, but certainly helpful to make things more legible to both searches and users. Again, not something we'll contact you about usually, but it will result in a change.

We do understand the confusion this can cause at times, but we will notify those who do need to be notified. If you aren't being notified, then you didn't do anything wrong, your postings just got caught in a sweep to clean off something that was an issue and not removing or editing would have left a bigger hole than leaving things with just the specific posts/replies removed.

The best thing to remember is the forum is here for Lucky Mojo products, support, and assistance. Everything done is to best serve that goal.
nagasiva yronwode

Mama Gitana

Unread post by Mama Gitana » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Forum Support wrote:Sometimes a thread is deleted due to one of the replies, having nothing to do with the original posting. You wouldn't be notified of any violations because you didn't violate, however the tone of the thread after the problematic reply would make it easier to pull the whole thread instead of a single posting. You might not have seen it as a problem, but if something gets into the thread that is a violation of the terms of service for the forum, then something does need to be done.

Postings are also edited to make them more readable, with spelling corrections, grammar corrections, removal of excessive capitalization or punctuation being examples of what might be done that are not violations, but certainly helpful to make things more legible to both searches and users. Again, not something we'll contact you about usually, but it will result in a change.

We do understand the confusion this can cause at times, but we will notify those who do need to be notified. If you aren't being notified, then you didn't do anything wrong, your postings just got caught in a sweep to clean off something that was an issue and not removing or editing would have left a bigger hole than leaving things with just the specific posts/replies removed.

The best thing to remember is the forum is here for Lucky Mojo products, support, and assistance. Everything done is to best serve that goal.
That makes perfect sense to me now... :D ...Thank you so much for your rapid clarification...!!
Blessings,
Mama Gitana

IBMagnet

can't see my post

Unread post by IBMagnet » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi,

I posted in testimonials. I saw a mistake and quickly deleted it so that I can repost but.....
The post I had deleted still shows up. I figured I needed to refresh the browser and it would be gone. I still see the post when I log in but if I browse the forum as a guest, it does not show. Have I posted or not in testimonials?

the same issue had happened in the past. I deleted in one place and posted in another place. People came back complaining that I submitted multiple post. I guess it is a glitch in the program. I am asking because I want to avoid a repeat.

thanks

nagasiva
Site Admin
Re: can't see my post

Unread post by nagasiva » Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:52 pm

When you delete, you are doing what is known as "soft deleting". A soft deleted post should only be visible to the moderators and to the person who deleted it, and it should have a pink or red background. It should not be visible to the rest of the forum members who do not have moderator privileges. This gives the potential of undeleting the post to restore it to prevent accidents, especially if there are replies after the post that make reference to it that become confusing without it (such as your post example on the Testimonials forum).

Soft deleted posts can only be permanently deleted by forum moderators, so if you have something you need to be permanently deleted let us know so we can fix it. But soft deleted is usually sufficient since normal users should not be able to see them.

Since you have asked this question though, I have taken the liberty of hard deleting your entire thread on the Testimonials forum. It should not not show at all.
nagasiva yronwode

IBMagnet

Unread post by IBMagnet » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi. Thank you. If you check my posts, many say "deletd post" as suject heading. Could you permanently delete those too? thanks.

kmew1315
Forum Member

Unread post by kmew1315 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:13 pm

How do I delete a post? Soft delete or otherwise?
-Kevin, otherwise known as kmew1315

kmew1315
Forum Member
A few questions/problems

Unread post by kmew1315 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:26 pm

I have a few technical issues on the forum that I was wondering about. Nothing major, but things that would make things easier for me if they were... I'm not sure if "fixed" is the right word, but you know what I mean. Some of these are probably things you know about, so if you know of any workarounds for them, I'd appreciate it. I use Firefox on Windows Vista if it helps.

There have been a couple times where I've written a pm that was either a bit lengthy or I started writing it and then did something else and came back and sent it... basically, anything that causes the pm to be sent well after it's started. When that happens, I get an error saying the submitted for was invalid. So I resend it the exact same way and it's OK. It's a minor nuisance, but I could see it causing myself or someone else to have a message that doesn't get sent, so it's worth bringing up.

The subscribe to thread link doesn't seem to be working. There have been a few threads where I wanted to follow the discussion and get notified when a reply is added, but I don't really have anything to contribute to the discussion. On most other forums, I can just subscribe to the thread and all is well and good, but it doesn't seem to work here. (I saw a post saying that someone was having difficulty with this, but if I read it correctly, they were getting a 404 error, which is not the case here.)

The "jump to most recent post" link only works if the post is on the first page of the thread. In email notifications it doesn't work at all. In both instances, when it doesn't work, it just takes me to the first page of the thread.

Again, none of these are major "I can't stand this site" kind of issues, but if there are workarounds for them or they work better on a different browser, etc. (of if you didn't know about them, but I suspect you probably do), I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: A few questions/problems

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:24 am

The problem of "timing" out cis built into the system.

The other two problems -- not being able to jump to the most recent post and not being able to subscribe to a thread are bugs we have been hoping Art would be able to fix for quite a while now. The former is a feature tht i use at other phpBB forums, but it has never worked here, and i don't know why.
catherine yronwode

chaitanya
Forum Member
my mistake

Unread post by chaitanya » Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:37 pm

:oops:I feel i must apologize for bringing up a candle that was not a LM product. My only excuse is that i wasn't thinking clearly, my intention was to talk about the saint and it was thoughtlessness on my part to break a rule. I am sorry for my inconsiderate rudeness to the Lucky Mojo site. I am thinking I should reread the rules again because i love and use LM products and enjoy very much to talk about them with people.
I wasn't sure where to send or place my apology, sorry if this was the wrong way to go about it. :?
chaitanya

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: my mistake

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:27 pm

Thanks for understanding, Chaitanya. I wish everyone were as considerate as you.

I ban about 7 people/bots per week for spamming and posting porn, and i send out about 4 warnings per week to well-intentioned folks who are violating the forum rules in some way -- promoting other sites, asking about other companies' products, disrespecting various religions, disrespecting various traditions of magic, disrespecting individual posts -- and it gets downright disheartening, because so many people don't understand that sites like ours do have definite terms of service. Sometimes they come back at me, all ruffled up, with a "How DARE you censor my post!" PM, or they accuse me of being "rude" to them by editing their post. (Hey, better to edit it than delete it, i always say!) So THANK YOU for being nice about it. It means a lot to me!

A hard working board moderator.
catherine yronwode

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Posts: Edited, Deleted, Merged, Await Approval; Topic Locked

Unread post by Miss Bri » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:50 pm

Hi all,

I see there is some discussion about posts getting edited and deleted and topics getting locked. Please understand that there is NO way that you can each be informed when a post is edited or deleted. A lot of what we moderators do is behind the scenes work.

Also, let's everyone remember that this is a PRODUCT FORUM. What does that mean? It means that this is a forum that is run and paid for by the Lucky Mojo Curio Company. The point of *this* forum is to answer questions related to Lucky Mojo curio products. We are here to help people learn to use these products, understand how they work, and decide which products are best for a given situation. We do provide information about our sister sites like Herb Magic and AIRR, but we do not allow outside advertising by independent spiritual workers, other spiritual businesses, etc, etc.

This is a not a spell swapping site, unless you are explaining how you used an LMC product or spell -- all things here need to be relevant to Lucky Mojo. Don't copy spells from other peoples' sites to this forum. That's against the law, and your posts will be removed.

Nor is this the place to petition miss cat for help and aid. She provides readings through Missionary Independent Spiritual Church and you may reach her there.

We also cannot let people post rude, hurtful, defaming, or abusive personal messages here. You may think another poster could use the benefit of your criticism, but most likely your criticism of that person will be deleted, along with the rest of your post. Be kind, not critical.

We don't allow posts that speak ill of any religion, political party, nation, or other organization here. This is not a complaint board.

If each of you will help us out by staying on topic in this forum, we will be able to answer more questions, provide more assistance, and help where needed :-)

Thanks for understanding,

Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

kmew1315
Forum Member

Unread post by kmew1315 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 pm

While we've got this topic here, I do have a question. I received a warning and had a post deleted some time ago over something that seemed odd to me.

To sum it up, there was a thread started by someone looking for help regarding spellwork on a person they haven't seen in a long time and they were unsure if they were even still at the same place as before. I mentioned that I pm'ed to the person a site that they could use to verify if the person still lived at the address that they thought the person did. It was not a site for a competing service or somewhere else to buy something that LM offers or anything that would hurt or hinder the business of LM. It was simply something that I thought would help the person do the physical "real world" (for lack of a better term) work in order for the spiritual work to be more effective. I may have worded it poorly in my post (I don't know because it was deleted) to make it sound like I was suggesting a competing service or product, but that wasn't my intent. If it is the rules though that I can't mention any other website even if it's unrelated to hoodoo or competing with LM, then that's fine and I apologize.

Reading the rules, the closest I see is "No advertising, promotion of products. or offers for services. This forum is an extension of the Lucky Mojo Curio Company and is not an appropriate venue for the advertising of other companies, web sites, businesses or services."

But I wasn't advertising or promoting anything anymore than the people who helped me.

Thank you and I apologize for either breaking the rules or poorly wording my post to make it sound like I broke the rules - whichever one it was that I did. :D

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:58 pm

Promoting other sites means just that -- typing their URLS here and directing people to them. If you knew how many off-site viagra, oxycodone, and porn posts i have to delete per day, you'd be shocked. I don't play favourites -- if i find a post leading to an off-site URL, i toast it. If i don't find it right off, it may stick around for a while, but i may come back a year later and toast it. No offense to you -- it's just not allowed.
catherine yronwode

tom

My post deleted with no mention or message why?

Unread post by tom » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 pm

I need some help on my honey jar situation.

I stopped working my honey jar for a month or so, and I want to start up again on a honey jar already made. I was wondering if there is anything specific I need to do to start up again, or if I could just start burning candles again?

If I am breaking a forums rule, it's one thing but the fact that my post mysteriously disappeared without any notification is troubling :(

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: My post deleted with no mention or message why?

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:02 pm

tom --

Please do not be troubled. Your post was not deleted. It was moved into the long, long thread on reconciliation honey jars. It is there, at the end of the thread, as the most recent post.

This board is continually being straightened up, so that repeated questions are moved into already extant threads. This is done to encourage you to READ THE THREADS BEFORE POSTING, because it is possible that your question was asked -- and answered -- already. Then, when it does get answered (and it will), newbies can come and easily find it in the proper thread.

By the way -- THIS THREAD was posted in the wrong section. It is obviously not about your situation, it is about a forum technical matter. I am now going to move it to the proper section. Because you don't understand how the forum works yet, i will also send you a copy of this notice via our by PM (private / personal message) system.

By the way, making use of the "View New Topics" feature will help you navigate the forum more rapidly, if you read here on a regular basis.

Good luck!
catherine yronwode

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:50 am

Last week (I believe) I had a post deleted and a warning pm from Catherine. I was warned about promoting other products. I really don't know what I said that seemed like I was doing that. I was directed to go to a link that would show me the post but i cannot view it. I want to try to see what I did that was wrong so I will not do that again. But i cannot view it. Can anyone help me with this? I sent a message as directed when the error came up but have not received a response yet. I would never promote products from anyone else on here intentionally. That is just not respectful and I love LM products too much to do it anyway. ;-)
Thanks for any help with this.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:00 am

MysticRootworker --

I think, though i am not sure at this late date, that originally your post was edited lightly, but after a while the entire thread got deleted, not over what you wrote, but because the thread had as its basic premise an inquiry about other company's products. I have been deleting a lot of these lately, going back well into the early days of 2009 to root them out. It's like weeding a garden. Sorry if i ruffled your feathers -- i didn't mean to, and i know you to be a friendly poster and helper around the forum.
catherine yronwode

MysticRootworker

Unread post by MysticRootworker » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:00 pm

Miss Cat-
I am glad to know that I am still in good standing around here. I was worried. I Love this forum and your products as well. I actually got to see the difference they can make! Wow- They are awesome.... I am going to post a testimonial in the right section for the Love Me, Bewitching and Attraction sachet powders. ;-)
Thanks for responding and thank you for being here to help us all learn.

oceanblue
Forum Member

Unread post by oceanblue » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:26 pm

My out box is retaining mail and not sending it to the adressee. Please advice

kmew1315
Forum Member

Unread post by kmew1315 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:30 pm

oceanblue wrote:My out box is retaining mail and not sending it to the adressee. Please advice
If it's in your outbox, but not the sent mail folder, it just means that they haven't read it yet. It's been sent, but once they open the mail and read it, it moves from your outbox to your sent mail.

oceanblue
Forum Member

Unread post by oceanblue » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:34 am

THANK U

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
minor tech questions

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:24 am

Good morning Forum Technical Helpers/Forum Mods. I have a few "basic" (LM forum tech help for dummies-Me- LOL) questions:

1. Is there any way to spell check?
2. When I go back in, typically more than once a day, to my own posts to pull up for replies, and if I find an error-- it brings it back to the "front" of the board like a new post. For example, I mispelled the word would-- wood-- My brain was working in overdrive. When I edited the post it brought it "out front" again, as if it were new.
3. I can't pull a simple sentence from a quote, it takes the whole thing.
4. When posting a reply, if my body text is too long, it (the body script "dances" on the last line) i use this arrow------------------>>>>
to keep pulling it down but it still does not allow me to see the last two or three sentences of the text.

Thank you in advance. Have a wonderful day :)
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

catherineyronwode
Site Admin
Re: minor tech questions

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:04 am

1. Is there any way to spell check?
Our forum software uses a "passive" spell checker with a limited vocabulary that cannot be edited easily. Any word underlined with a dotted red line as you write and edit your post is considered suspect. Mojo always comes up underlined in red, so after a while you learn to ignore the silly weaknesses in the spell checker. But it is there, if you want the help. Check it out, type something wrong and you'll see the red underline. But you would not see it on wood for would because both are actual words that are correctly spelled. But woood would have the red dotted line under it in the edit window.
2. When I go back in, typically more than once a day, to my own posts to pull up for replies, and if I find an error-- it brings it back to the "front" of the board like a new post. For example, I mispelled the word would-- wood-- My brain was working in overdrive. When I edited the post it brought it "out front" again, as if it were new.
This is a tech thing that we have not been able to fix. It is not endemic to this software but is the result of some preference being set in the back-end which we haven't located and switched off. Truth to tell, i don't care enough about it to spend four or more hours tracking it down. If someone here knows phpBB and can tell me which part of the ACP menu controls this, i'll fix it, otherwise =shrug= i've got other things to do with my life. :-)
3. I can't pull a simple sentence from a quote, it takes the whole thing.
Frankly, i DESPISE the quote function and would gladly turn it off -- people misuse it terribly, copying HUGELY LONG posts and then writing a one-line reply or a smiley face. What a waste of bandwidth and screen space! But, anyway, rant aside, when you make a quote and look at it from within the edit-post screen, just notice that the code to to start a quote is bracket-quote-bracket and to end a quote is bracket-slash-quote-bracket and you can wipe out anything that you don't want to appear in there.
4. When posting a reply, if my body text is too long, it (the body script "dances" on the last line) i use this arrow------------------>>>>
to keep pulling it down but it still does not allow me to see the last two or three sentences of the text.
This is a browser function, not a forum software problem. Some browsers have trouble rewriting text on the fly. In other words, the problem is at your end, not ours. I use a number of browsers, and one always has this problem. It also has a window-shade function (upward collapse of the window) and so i hit the window-shade and then un-do it immediately, and it redraws the text image perfectly when it re-opens the window.
catherine yronwode

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator
Re: minor tech questions

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:05 am

Thanks Mrs. Cat for all of the above!
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

danger

Post Deleted Twice

Unread post by danger » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:31 pm

I wrote a post about using my targets urine in a Honey Jar two days in a row & it was deleted. I didnt get any message stating I wrote something wrong. If I did do something wrong, I would really appreciate a response. Thank you!

Maljen
Forum Member
Re: Post Deleted Twice

Unread post by Maljen » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:36 pm

If you repeatedly posted, chances are you were considered to be spamming and therefore the extra posts were deleted.
Thanks and Praise to Dr. Hernandez, St. Jude and St. Anthony for all you have done, and continue to do on my behalf. My eternal thanks to you for your many blessings!

danger

Unread post by danger » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:43 pm

Maljen wrote:If you repeatedly posted, chances are you were considered to be spamming and therefore the extra posts were deleted.
The one I wrote yesterday was deleted through the night. When I logged back on this morning I noticed it was gone so I posted it again.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:55 pm

It may have been moved. Go to your user control panel and check your posts.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:03 pm

Your post was not deleted. It was a question about honey jars. It was moved to and joined to the topic thread on honey jar questions and answers.
catherine yronwode

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:09 pm

Yeah I remember answering your question. Its in the very long honey jar thread :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:16 pm

And, hey, i replied as well!

Some day that honey jar spell thread is going to become its very own web site, it is so massive. :-)
catherine yronwode

missps2010
Forum Member

Unread post by missps2010 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:40 pm

catherineyronwode wrote:And, hey, i replied as well!

Some day that honey jar spell thread is going to become its very own web site, it is so massive. :-)
Lol very true

hapinys
Forum Member

Unread post by hapinys » Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Ms Catherineyronwode,
I see there is noway to personally contact u online............... However, I received your PM.
I have no idea what u are talking about. Can u please show me the post where I asked someone where to buy products please. I live in Miami - there are TONS of stores where I can get all kinds of things and I STILL ORDER FROM LM. I could not open the attachment u sent due to an error. Please show me what you are talking about!!!! Would greatly appreciate it and will be waiting for your message. Thank u very much.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:53 pm

hapinys --

Sorry, i can't ressurrect the thread -- it's gone.

My memory is that you said you had something coming up in two days and didn't have time to order from Lucky Mojo and wanted other recommendations. That's against our terms of service. This is not a general board on magic, it is an extension of our shop, so we only give advice on our products.

The rest of the thread consisted of folks answering your question, so it was all deleted.

As i wrote in the private message i sent to you:
This thread was deleted. It is against forum terms of service to come here and ask for ways you can buy products from other suppliers. The reason for this is obvious: you are at the Lucky Mojo product forum. Good luck, but please do not do this again.
I know you are a good customer and a friend of the shop, and that you were in a hurry and really did not have time -- perfectly fine reasons to buy something in your town or use something from your home -- but it has been forum policy from the outset that discussions of such matters don't belong here because this is the Lucky Mojo product forum and exists to serve our customers select and use our products.

Thank you for understanding -- and i really do hope that things went well for you!
catherine yronwode

hapinys
Forum Member

Unread post by hapinys » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:39 pm

Thank u for your quick response because I was really wondering what you were talking about. However the ONLY reason I asked that is because I read people on this same forum talking of quick home remedies, such as the name paper and the shoe and honey - which are ALL household - quick remedies. Other than that I would have never asked. If you read any of my previous posts I have never asked in the past!! NEVER! I only did it because I saw others posting little tid bits. So, know that I know this I will not post things like that anymore. Thankx a bunch :)

simplydevine
Forum Member

Just wanted to share

Unread post by simplydevine » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:56 am

Hello, if someone can tell me what rule I violated by posting my vinegar jar spell, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like to know what I did to cause it to be deleted, so that I can make sure to not make the same mistake twice.

Thank you.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator
Re: Just wanted to share

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:37 am

It probably got moved into the very long vinegar jar thread. We don't just delete things without informing the poster what rule was violated, so if your post just "disappeared", it likely got moved to a more proper section of the forum &/or merged into an appropriate thread.

And to that end, I am moving this thread to the Forum Technical Help section where it belongs, as opposed to the Share Your Tricks section.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:36 pm

simplydevine, your post is on page 21 of the Vinegar Jar Spell Thread (vinegar-jar-questions-and-answers-t5581.html)
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

simplydevine
Forum Member

Unread post by simplydevine » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:54 am

Thanks ladies, I found it!

~Nique

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Forum Technical Help”