Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Can Spells Back-Fire, Blow Back, Reverse On Me, or Harm Me?

mar_2

Re: Can Spells Back-Fire, Blow Back, Reverse On Me, or Harm Me?

Unread post by mar_2 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:36 pm

I luv coming on this site for the advice...just got a really good message in regards to my posts! I guess this is what gives me more of a boost on my work ;-) Makes me believe that i have a chance :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:01 pm

Mar, you asked:

"such tricks, how effective can they be?"
and
"are these tricks REALLY effective?"
and
"can they go in reverse, where someone else will be attracted to him, cause of the scent?"

I would like to suggest that you are wasting your spiritual energy on doubt. This may be due to your unfamiliarity with conjure or it may be a byproduct of your personality, but sending out such questions and such doubt is not effective.

To perform magical acts, you must be a magician, not a giddy and unsure questioner, half hopeful, half skeptical, and nowhere near focussed and strong enough to impress your will, your plea, your command, or your prayer upon the malleable stuff of the universe.

This is why folks hire rootworkers -- they can't summon the depth of purpose to do the works themselves and carry their work to conclusion.

It's not about one drop of opil on one set of keys -=- although that is a great trick -- but it's about living from a position of contact with spirit, and commanding will, and laser-light desire.

I can't teach you that, i'm sorry. I know you lack it, but i cannot quite transmit it to you, the way i can make an oil for you. You will have to find that core and center of strength within yourself.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

ShadowInPurple

Unread post by ShadowInPurple » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:22 am

Mar,
Cat has given some sound advice. The ability to 'disconnect' oneself after a spell is part of the Art of Magic.
The ability to free one's mind from the "Lust for Results' is very hard for most people to learn. If you are seriously doing a spell for this man's love, concentrate on his emotions and mind, concentrating and focusing upon what HE FEELS AND THAT HE CAN FIND his happiness in you. I repeat, HIS MIND, not what YOU WANT.
Then, when your spell is complete, try this. Hold your active hand up in front of your face and say "Spirits, take flight and work my spell" then snap your fingers in your face. Done. Go live your life. Don't think about it anymore. Serious magicians have lived quite simply and QUIETLY. The work of the magician is conducted without "the telling of tales", and for good reason.

Serious magic is not like using an ATM machine. One spell and or 2 -3 drops of oil may not be enough. Life also can complicate magickal goals. Take a good look at yourself, gaze into a mirror from another's vision. Look. Listen. Change the things that cause you trouble and what's in your control. As before, it's very difficult for 99% of people to accomplish, but it can be achieved with focus.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:19 am

ShadowInPurple this is GREAT advice.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:59 am

That is some great advice..will def try it! I mean as time goes on, i dont think about it much, but will try this! I know we have to give it time to manifest, which I have been doing! :)

Rabbit Mountain

Unread post by Rabbit Mountain » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Hey all, hope you can help me with this.

Last december at the new moon I did a road opener spell to clear away the things in my life that have been holding me back from success. Since that time, I lost my job, I had to put my cat down, and now my boyfriend and I have broken up.

In the meantime, nothing new has gelled.

I never wanted for my cat to die, to lose my boyfriend, or to lose my job. but it does turn out that my job was not what I thought it was when I signed on, my cat had a terminal illness anyway, and the situation with my boyfriend could have gotten a whole lot worse down the line.

I don't know whether to think these are ultimately good things to be free from, or if the spell has created problems that didn't previously exist.

I'm also very concerned that nothing particularly promising has appeared on the horizon. Tonight I am going to do a van van spell to try to start pulling in the things I need to build success, rather than just clearing out blockages. Without my job and my boyfriend, my financial situation is dire. I will probably lose my apartment and all my utilities this month. I have been doing money-drawing rituals, but so far no money has arrived.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:44 am

Hi there,
From what you have written above it does not sound to me like you overdid it on spell work. On the other hand it also doesn't sound to me like you have paid very much attention to the cleansing portion of the program and that right there could be the problem. I would recommend that you take a series of spiritual baths with the 13 herb bath:
http://herb-magic.com/13herb-bath-13.html

Also, I would highly recommend that you get a reading with one of the reputable AIRR readers. You can find us listed at http://www.readersandrootworkers.org--I know that you mention that you are experiencing financial difficulties and it may sound luxurious to get a spiritual reading, but in my experience getting a reading is the first step to actually saving money, time, and energy and focusing them in the direction(s) they need to go. And several of us offer readings for as little as $10.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Rabbit Mountain

Unread post by Rabbit Mountain » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Okay well, I surely don't have $48 to spend on 13-herb bath, and neither does my apartment have a bathtub. I do have a couple ounces of dried rosemary in my cupboard and can easily collect pine needles outside, which I can brew up and pour over myself in the shower. Would that suffice?

Also — I put the road opener spell remains under my back porch (front door goes to the lobby, and I rarely use it, I park out back and come in the back door almost exclusively). Should I remove these and do something else with them?

I might have $10 on a credit card for a reading. I'll have to see.

Thanks much for your help Miss Bri.

Khi Armand
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by Khi Armand » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:01 am

I think you did great with the Road Opener spell disposal and agree with Miss Bri that a reading would be the best idea. That way you can focus your energies in the best direction possible.
Khi Armand - Member of AIRR and Hoodoo Psychics - HRCC Graduate #1710

Rabbit Mountain

Unread post by Rabbit Mountain » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Okay — I didn't know that cleansing was supposed to be part of road opener. All I have here at my apartment is rosemary, and some ground sage. My thought is that I can burn the sage on one of those charcoal thingies while I take a shower, and pour a bunch of brewed rosemary over myself at the end. I'll look in the spell archive and see if there's anything else I can do. Unfortunately I don't even have a white candle at this point.

I do have a consult scheduled with miss bri on monday. Only 10 minutes but I'm greatly looking forward to it.

I have to say I'm very grateful for the insights and help you all have provided. It's been a harrowing week.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Lucky mojo also sells the 13 Herb Spiritual bath for $4.00 for a single use, which can be divided into 3 baths. I think it would be a very good investment until things look up and they will.

fresh_pots

Unread post by fresh_pots » Wed May 04, 2011 11:17 am

Hey again everyone,

So, I've been working this LM honey jar for a boss fix for my work issues...I've followed the advice for about a month and a half now, burning candles everyday. Things at work have gotten worse...I work REALLY hard, and don't get recognized...not only that but a girl who I worked with I found out just got a promotion when, in my personal opinion is mentally and psychologically unable to do the job she was given....I've been fed lies by my bosses them telling me it will take "a long time, a REALLY long time" to move up when this girl just got a promotion and she's only been working for the company for six months.... I am really frustrated, and don't know what to do. I still continue to work the honey jar but there have been no results at all. I don't have the extra money for a reading because I am barely making it as it is with the pay work is giving me. I have also looked for other jobs and have been since last August with no success...just want to know what to do.
Thanks.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Wed May 04, 2011 11:54 am

I suggest that you get a reading on the status of your work and maybe you need to step up the game. Sometimes, you need a firmer hand...and the reading will reveal that.

fresh_pots

Unread post by fresh_pots » Wed May 04, 2011 12:17 pm

Yeah, I just said I CAN'T AFFORD ONE. Thanks...though.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Wed May 04, 2011 5:20 pm

While I understand that money is tight, I believe quite a few readers at AIRR offer ten minute readings for just $10. That might be just enough time to see what's going on with your situation. If that still isn't an option because of low funds, doing some low-cost money drawing work might be of help. I know waiting isn't ideal, but I've had to do this myself when I simply couldn't come up with money for a reading or a particular spell ingredient.

Also bear in mind that sometimes things really do get worse before they get better. While it may not seem like anything is manifesting, sometimes spells take the long route. Some work takes months to finally manifest for whatever reason, so a month and a half doesn't necessarily indicate that nothing is happening. In the meantime, remember not to obsess about the work (which is definitely hard when the situation you're in is terrible) and not to do too many spells for a situation because those actions can impede your progress greatly.

If you still haven't seen any improvement or movement after three months, something may be impeding your work and you might need to take a different tact. Good luck!
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed May 04, 2011 5:59 pm

You can always call into the radio show and get a reading with Miss Cat & Dr. Kioni for free!
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

artemis

Unread post by artemis » Wed May 04, 2011 6:40 pm

I really appreciate that money is tight...believe me. That said, I think no matter what you do from this point on, you're going to spend money, either on more products or on a $10 reading. I would invest in the reading if you can't get on the radio show. At least that way you'll know what needs to be done from this point on and can start planning for what comes next...I know it can be frustrating to hear that piece of advice at times, but it's a sound one.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed May 04, 2011 9:24 pm

Freshpots -- you are getting hundreds of dollars of free information here, with dozens of readers at your beck and call. You could do like hundreds of others have done and sign up in advance for the radio show and get a FREE reading.

You could have a reading for ten dollars, the price of a couple packs of cigarettes. You wrote, "Yeah, I just said I CAN'T AFFORD ONE. Thanks...though."

Your attitude is sour, and your frustration (your word) is being waved in our faces like a red flag, but that is not gonna help you win your way clear to the victory you desire.

I offer ten dollar readings, but here you go, for free:

Past: The World: The other gal got the promotion because she is likable. Until you are likable, all the honey in the world will not cause folks to promote. you.

Present: 10 of Wands: You are carrying a heavy burden and may become exhausted before you reach your goal.

Future: 9 of Swords: You distrust people and will carry a chip on your shoulder for at least the bewxt three months,
catherine yronwode

fresh_pots

Unread post by fresh_pots » Wed May 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Cat,

Thanks...but I am liked. I know this because I do not have a chip on my shoulder like you say. I am actually very kind and concerning and people already notice...my co workers and customers...

sadly, the girl who got promoted acted like a lunatic and others, including customers, noticed this. (she used to be a herion addict and has only been sober for 5 months) she is only good with the main boss because he is in AA and so is she.

I do distrust people because I have been lied to numerous amounts of times by my bosses.

Sorry, but I think you were a bit off in your free reading...

thank you and I am kind of upset you think of me as sour when I was just pointing out that no one noticed what I wrote PRIOR...

Darth Rosa

Unread post by Darth Rosa » Thu May 05, 2011 4:17 am

Fresh-pots, I'll tell you right now that you do come off with a huge chip on your shoulder and just because you come off nice on the surface doesn't mean that others cannot pick up on your vibes of anger, attachment, and the cake that you think they owe you! I am a professional reader myself and I'll tell right now, even if you did get what you want, you would still be complaining about some issue like not making enough money. Here is a piece of advice: take a cleansing bath, change your attitude, and then ask for a raise -- if that is not possible then focus your hard work on finding another job! Simple as that.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu May 05, 2011 5:37 am

Here's a perspective given what info you've provided and taking Miss Cat's reading into consideration.

While you may indeed be well-liked by everyone else in the office, if the main boss doesn't like you, then that puts you in a very difficult situation.

As you say, the boss is a recovering addict and is going to be very sensitive to other people's attitudes about that kind of thing. If you have openly displayed your negative opinion of this other woman who is in recovery, that could have really triggered the boss - because I'm sure the boss went through a phase where they were a bit of a hot mess, but someone believed in them, and gave them the opportunity to excel... when I'm sure many other people just wanted to dismiss them and get them out of the way.

That fact in and of itself could have been enough to make the boss want to give this other person a chance. But if your attitude or behavior is reflecting your dislike for this other woman in recovery, that could make the boss much less disposed towards you personally on top of all of that.

I know you feel that this other woman is a mess, and perhaps she is. But 5 months of sobriety after being a heroin addict is a huge acheivement! I'm sure she still needs lots of help, and perhaps that promotion is not actually appropriate for her yet. But perhaps this promotion will be what makes her really take the reigns of her life back, too. God works in mysterious ways, and maybe this is her time to heal and be blessed. It's not the most fun thing to think of, as you are stuck on the outside of the situation, but it is good to sometimes try to step outside of our narrow perspective to try and glimpse other viewpoints and the larger picture.

All that being said, if you truly feel it is justified, you could always try a vinegar jar between the boss and that woman to sour their relationship. At the same time do your best to be kind and neutral towards that woman (so that you don't risk pushing that same button with the boss), and do your best to quietly excel at your work and show how motivated and responsible you are. Continue to work the Boss Fix jar daily. If you don't have any direct concerns from the boss in the jar - like a foot track, or an original signature, or even a hair - try to get one and include it in the work to strengthen the connection. If you have any Look Me Over &/or Commanding oils, wear them as a personal scent each day that you are in the office to attract positive attention, and encourage opinions of you as a good worker with the ability to perform as an authority.

fresh_pots

Unread post by fresh_pots » Thu May 05, 2011 7:35 am

Hey everyone...sorry, I'll have to disagree with all of you.

I am sorry I come off as having a chip on my shoulder...maybe I am this way for a reason in your eyes?

Did any of your readings or abilities sense the disease that is going on with me that is actively killing me that people with their own eyes notice?

Or maybe the fact that the said boss who favors this girl tried to have an affair with me and I refused?

Or maybe I should mention the fact that I've been abandoned by my own family due to the fact that I was "too positive" for them and no other reason?

Sorry, but said girl from above also, not to mention, is gay and I don't have an issue except when she tried to do inappropriate things with me while I was at work...I was really uncomfortable because I am not gay and because I am such a positive nice person didn't report her because I didn't want her to get fired because I knew she was a recovering addict....

So, I just ask that you re evaluate your readings maybe? Don't judge me by simple text...anyone who knows me knows I am the complete opposite of what you say and am the most considerate person they know.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions...I will continue to do what I've been doing...

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Thu May 05, 2011 8:47 am

Well the info about the history with you and the boss and you and this girl certainly adds a great deal of dimension to what's going on. There's A LOT more going on here than just a girl getting a promotion over you.

It sounds like an incredibly unhealthy work environment with many shady and inappropriate things going on. Your best move may be to work towards getting a more suitable position in a more credible workplace!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu May 05, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks for the confirmation of my three-card, four-sentence reading:

I WROTE:
"Past: The World: The other gal got the promotion because she is likable. Until you are likable, all the honey in the world will not cause folks to promote you."

YOU REPLIED:
"the said boss who favors this girl tried to have an affair with me and I refused"

COMMENT:
Well, of course i am not trying to recommend that one favour a boss with an affair -- far from it! -- but note the girl in the World card is dancing naked and being watched by animals and a man -- this boss definitely preferred her due to his failed sexual attraction to you and her pleasing ways. Again, not suggesting you flirt with the boss to get ahead, as this was the card of the PAST, not the future.

I WROTE:
"Present: 10 of Wands: You are carrying a heavy burden and may become exhausted before you reach your goal."

YOU REPLIED:
"Did any of your readings or abilities sense the disease that is going on with me that is actively killing me that people with their own eyes notice"?

COMMENT:
I think this card addresses the issue -- you are carrying the ten heavy staves in addition to trying to reach your goal. It's a card of trying, but perhaps not having enough physical strength to succeed. I'm sorry for your condition; and, yes, it is evident in this card of the PRESENT.

I WROTE:
"Future: 9 of Swords: You distrust people and will carry a chip on your shoulder for at least the next three months."

YOU REPLIED:
I've been abandoned by my own family

COMMENT:
The card of the FUTURE in a three-card cut only represents the next month to quarter year, in my way of working. Your emotional issues stemming from abandonment by your family and your justified resentment from the unfair promotion of your co-worker are unlikely to be resolved during this time. I consider this an area to work on -- because when i mentioned your distrust of people into the next three months, you jumped back with the family abandonment from the past, and it would be so healing for you to be able to move beyond that and to find others to trust in life.

Good luck.
catherine yronwode

DelArca

Unread post by DelArca » Fri May 06, 2011 6:52 am

I enjoyed this reading, good stuff. hugs to the OP, hope it gets better soon.

Believe129

Unread post by Believe129 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:00 am

Hats off to Ms. Cat. Excellent reading. I enjoyef this reading too!
Thank you for protecting me Santa Muerte.

avenged7fold
Newly Registered

Unread post by avenged7fold » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:28 am

I stumbled across this site somehow but i got really interested in it.Im scared if i burn a candle and say some prayers it wont open doors that i dont want opened right? my life has turned for the worst and im just looking for something that can give me some luck ive always had bad luck and my family is struggling paying bills and such so is there a way i can burn a candle and write something on it and let it burn or what ever.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:37 am

From my perspective of almost 50 years as a practitioner, i know that your condition of fear will mean that you will not succeed and in fact that you, as one who is "scared to use spiritual things to help," should NOT be practicing rootwork.

Good luck to you, and i am sorry but i have no interest in talking you out of your fear of magic.
catherine yronwode

moonmaiden

Unread post by moonmaiden » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 am

Catherine if you don't mind i actually have a question/concern,

i have this fear too more like an excited fear though. From the first time a spell worked i got that excited-scary feeling,

I am curious of the same thing - if i am calling to a spirit to help me with a spell (i can't think of any situation where i have had to call a 'random one' but for questions sake...) is there a way some evil could come of it?

Mind you all my work i have done is towards money, love or that sort.

angelael

Unread post by angelael » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:01 am

AV... I am new to this and I found that reading more of what hoodoo is about can take away your uncertainty. Cat has a free online book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice", http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html , that has a lot of information.

The forum is full of great information. You will notice that many will always suggest that you get a reading first for your situation from one of the members at the Association of Independent Readers and Rootworks, http://www.readersandrootworkers.org . When people are not comfortable working for themselves, they will have someone work in their behalf. As I understand it, they are not actually doing all the work. They are going give you some "homework" to do and their work will back you up.

Lucky Mojo also has a radio show, Lucky MoJo Hoodoo Rootwork Hour every Sunday at 3:00PM Pacific Time (5:00PM Central Time, 6:00PM Eastern Time). The show is actually 1.5 hours now and is here, http://www.blogtalkradio.com/luckymojoh ... otworkhour . And if you wanted to get a free reading you would need to pre-register at the forum here, lucky-mojo-hoodoo-rootwork-hour-radio-show-f30.html . The instructions are under "Radio Show Pre-Call ID: For Those Wanting to Call In".

Now, the reason that I am mentioning the radio show is because when I saw your title "Scared to use spiritual things to help me", I just thought oh this person just needs to get some information (knowlegde and understanding) to change their mindset. And there is a old radio show from March 2006: The Power of the Mind in Hoodoo, with Dr. Kioni and catherine yronwode, http://hoodoorootwork.blogspot.com/2006 ... th-dr.html . Take a listen. It's good.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:08 am

I agree with Cat.

How do you expect the Universe, God, or a higher being to answer your prayers if you do not have faith?

Doubting, and overthinking are true ways to make your work NOT successful. You should definitely not practice hoodoo if you do not believe, and especially if you do not believe and just stumbled upon this site.

I think you should read www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:56 am

I use Fiery Wall and St Michael Prayer for protection of a friend. Will this protection keep my spells from being effective on this person :?: Or does this keep them safe from others work only? Thanks
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

MaryBee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by MaryBee » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:25 am

Hi Best of Life:

Fiery Wall of Protection and St Michael protect from negative or hurtful work or people. If you are doing work that blesses, cleanses or does loving things for your friend, the FWP and St. Michael should not interfere. You can also add during the prayers you say during the Fiery Wall something like "May all my blessing work that I do for Friend get through to him, amen" just to be sure.

Good luck,
Mary Bee
Mary Bee
Rootworker
AIRR member
Saying "yes" doesn't walk up the mountain.

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:22 pm

There are blessing spells but what if it is a love spell too with compelling involved? Or a break up spell?
Best of Life ~ Thank you Archangel Michael & my ancestors for your protection. Trinity of the 3.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:36 pm

BestofLife --

This question -- will protecting my friend have the effect of protecting my friend against my own coercie and blessing work on my friend? -- indicates that you have not yet learned to ASK for that which you which to RECEIVE.

You must formulate your prayers with specific intention for each candle you light, each application of oil you make.

I suggest that you read more of the free online book "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" and also purchase and read the book "Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic" -- especially the introduction.
catherine yronwode

Priestess Divine
HRCC Student

Unread post by Priestess Divine » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi Miss Cat, Thanks for the response!

I do have your book (which I love and have read through) and I am constantly online reading your site and archives.

The prayer that I used is the Prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel, so I did not identify my request specifically for any work in particular and that is why I was wondering. I should have been more specific, which in the beginning I was, but then just used the general prayer of protection from all wickedness and snares of the devil, to be defended in battle, etc. I don't fall into the category of wicked of evil or the devil but the spell is a coercive spell. AND I was NOT specific...which I know I should have been. I know better but I had a lapse of good sense.

I ask because I use St Michael to protect myself as well and when someone tried to put something on me in the same manner of love they became sick.

So I assume that since I WAS NOT specific that it could backfire on me too? So what do I do now? :?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:11 pm

I would continue my work with a cleaerer understanding of what is intended.

I also would reconsider petitioning Archangel Michael to protect the man and then petitioning to coerce him. I understand the temptation to keep him safe while trying to rule and control him, but you could do better to be very specific that he is to be protected from physical harm and from mental onslaughts caused by anyone OTHER than you.
catherine yronwode

sgm

Unread post by sgm » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:53 pm

On july 7, 2011 i used a love spell on a gentleman.

I wrote his name seven times on a name paper, turned the paper to the right and wrote my name over his 7 times. i added come to me powder, chuparosa oil and a rose quarts. i put it in red bag and put it under my bed. i also put chuparosa oil on my genital area before we had sex.

two days later he became distant, cold shouldered, and now hates me. he will not even talk to me.

this is a love that has backfired on me. What do i do now? How do i fix this?

I have undone the name paper, i tore it up threw it away and got rid of the red bag.

Please let me know what i need to do to make things the way they used to be. We were fine before i did the spell.

Celestina

Unread post by Celestina » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm fairly certain hoodoo doesn't quite work that way, and even if it did, there is nothing in any of the products you named that could potentially "turn against you" and should only have enriched things between you and your lover.

(As an aside, I would have used Stay With Me rather than Come To Me, as the CTM products are for new love, and SWM is for an existing lover.)

It is possible that there are other causes (another practitioner casting on him, a non-magical reason, or that he simply found the bag you made and thought it was weird and fishy and decided not to have anything more to do with you).

At any rate, you should have wrapped the paper in a white cloth and buried it in the appropriate manner, not throw everything away as if it were leftovers to be discarded.

As you've already done that, I suggest a ritual cleansing and perhaps a honey jar to get things going again.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:32 pm

I agree with the previous poster.

And spells do NOT backfire. A money spell is not all of a sudden going to make you broke. A success spell would not make you have bad luck, and a love spell would not all of a sudden make you break up!

I feel like everyone needs to remove the work backfire from their vocabulary and not associate it with hoodoo.

Now there was a reason you used the love spell in the first place. What was your reason and goal you wanted to achieve?

I think your next step should be a reading to see what is going on in your situation. There is more than meets the eye, and probably some other issues you are not aware of.

And there is a chance that your work completely failed. It's not that it backfired on you, but that it just did not work.

So with that said, a reading is your next step. www.readersandrootworkers.com

DelArca

Unread post by DelArca » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:31 pm

Perhaps 'backfire' is not the perfect term, however, it doesn't mean that everything in magick or hoodoo is simply black/white or pass/fail.

Example - you are friends with someone and everything is fine . . . then you go and work love tricks on them. If they have no interest, there is a chance they will feel the 'vibe' of your work and will get put off, turned off, creeped out etc thus dissolving even what little you had to begin with(the friendship - like in your case, sgm).

A parallel - an inexperienced, unlearned aspiring cook can have the best equipment, the finest gourmet food, and the best of intentions . . . but without the skill and experience, he is not going to be able to produce a 4 star gourmet meal. In a sense, his own food will seem to 'backfire' on him because his desired outcome is to please the guests, but he is likely going to have the opposite effect. They will be quite put off.

This aspiring cook either needs to go to cooking school and/or start with the basics.

It isn't that the spell/product turned against you. . . just that your experience(and will) was not enough to overcome the power of his disinterest--to give you the desired outcome.

I consider love magick quite advanced, I put it just under destruction/revenge/etc magick.

I think this was a case of 'too much, too soon'. You would have done better to do a tarot reading on the issue. Then, maybe the Come to Me on a pink or red candle. Going to bed with someone too soon can also throw things as off . . . especially since you are using Chuparosa(which I think of as more 'pure' of love/romance vs lusty). Why the crossing over his name with yours? That is quite dominating and there are a lot of men who aren't going to like being in that position, even if they succumb for a time.

At this point, without a reading etc. I would recommend a lot of patience and making a honey jar to sweeten him up to you gradually.

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:16 pm

Some people do not respond well to even mildly coersive work. His nature may be not to commit, at least not at this time, and even if you did not use magic, he may have sensed that you wanted a more serious relationship than he does.

Next time get a reading and go slower. Find a man who is interested in commitment and specifically, open to a serious relationship with you.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

sgm

Unread post by sgm » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Thank you so much for all your responses. I totally agree with everything you have answered. I am very relieved to know that the work i did on him was not the cause of his distance. I was feeling very guilty and blaming myself. I did not feel right about trying to impose my will on him. As if forcing him to like me instead of him naturally on his own liking me. There is no greater feeling than to know that the one you love or like, likes you or loves you because he does. By doing work on him i would have been uncomfortable and confused as to wether his feelings were his own or because of the work i did on him. Just like i felt bad thinking that due to the spell i did on him was the reason he became distant. I am very greatful for this forum. I consider you my friends. Thank you for taking the time to help me. I will be using a cleansing spell on myself to clear what i have done and seek a reading. Again thank you for your responses. This was a good lesson learned.

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:49 pm

Using love products are not going to make someone go distant and lack of experience isn't going to change this. Conjure revolves around the efficacy of spirit; it is *they* who do the work for you.

I'm sorry, but people need to take the time to learn what they heck they are talking about. Crossing and covering his name with yours is just fine, it is a time-tested, old method of writing petition papers and has worked fine from candle spells to things as gentle as honey jars.

Any decent reader can tell you that your issue isn't the work that you've done, but there is something underlying here. For example, perhaps his sole goal was to have sex with you. Magic takes time to work, he goes cold two days after sex. That isn't the result of magic that is the result of *him.*

Get a reading and find out what really went wrong and if it is worth remedying.
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

DelArca

Unread post by DelArca » Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:40 am

So you're saying your will and experience is of no consequence? That is one of the strangest things I have heard here. A spirit is not going to help someone in a difficult task without will or focus. I find crossing over a name with my own name to be very powerful, but on the coercive side. In a love situation I prefer a different way, that is just me. I am giving account of personally using LM products daily for several months. I am not privy to your esoteric knowledge of unwritten hoodoo methodology.
ConjureMan Ali wrote: I'm sorry, but people need to take the time to learn what they heck they are talking about.
I have read everything on this website and I have Cat's manual of herbs etc. What else would you recommend that would provide me with this uncommonly wonderful knowledge?

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:02 am

Obviously you haven't read the material close enough. Crossing and covering someone's name has been done by conjurers as a means of producing gentle and sweet love for long before you were doling out advice, . The simple act joins two people together, forms a cross, a crossroads, unites names, and allows the petitioner to influence them all by simply writing your name on top. You've picked up conjure for little less than a year and yet you think that your own experience trumps what's been used in the tradition for generations of people who've passed this down and live it regularly.

Miss cat teaches to cover and cross someone's name in honey jars, people have been teaching this method for generations and yet your experience vastly outweighs them and so you tell people its coercive and imply they should do differently than they are being taught by actual conjure workers.

As an example one of the oldest love conjures in hoodoo with the intent of finding true love is to write the word, "my husband/wife" three times, cross it with your name three times, then place it in your shoe so that you'll be led right to that person. This was taught to me by a 85 year old conjure woman in Virginia who helped hundreds of women find spouses with that little spell. But of course this poor woman must not have known that she's giving out this dominating and coercive conjure.

Secondly, actually bother to read my post with a clear mind, as I never said will-power or experience make no difference, I said they have no bearing on making a love product "backfire" as the concept doesn't exist in conjure.

You'd like to learn this uncommonly wonderful knowlege then stop coming into this tradition with your preconceived notions and actually learn what is being taught by conjurers, its the only way to learn any tradition. If you had done this, you would quickly understand how this form of petition paper in question is a wonderfully effective method used in conjure.

Spend some time learning before jumping up to give your "experience." While the forum's purpose is to allow people to help one another and all are welcome to share, we will not allow it to further confuse people by spreading incorrect information that clearly goes against what they would have been taught by Miss cat and others.

MadameKoiteh

Unread post by MadameKoiteh » Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:20 am

Peace to All,
I do agree that name papers are a classic and tried and true method of love workings. It's so prevalent a practice that even school children use them in the African American tradition and others to connect with those they "love or like." Many young girls use names and elementary numerology tricks that are popular amongst the school crowd to foster puppy love, they just don't call it conjure or Hoodoo. They use it as a game! I've personally seen it done many times. I don't think sgm was a victim of any backfiring on that account. sgm, if you used Come To Me oil, then in a way you did achieve your purpose, because he came to your bed, yes? To keep him or rekindle his interest is different than to make him "come" to you initially. The reading that was suggested for you is a great idea.

Rose quartz is also a gentle and beautiful stone that is marvelous for love. You can cleanse your stone, re-program it, and use it for something else if you have not discarded it already. There is no need to feel guilty, you have not done anything dirty or wrong. You are looking for love, a very noble pursuit and one in which you have much company!

Peace and Blessings,
Madame Koiteh

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:12 pm

We do not use rose quartz or crystals in Hoodoo. Im not saying they arent useful or you can't incorporate them in hoodoo, BUT its not a traditional hoodoo technique or material.

DelArca

Unread post by DelArca » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:34 pm

You're arguing semantics, obviously there are varying degrees of 'coercive' and you've got your own colloquial slant on that definition as do I.

I never said that my experience trumps your experience or the experience of anyone else. I answer only the requests on here where I feel I have some fresh perspective to add. I don't think I am infallible, I am trying to learn just like most everyone here. On matters of opinion or experience, however, I don't think things can necessarily be seen as 100% wrong or right.

I hope you will, also, read my posts with a clear mind as I never said the products will 'backfire' on you.

Cheers!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Never said that you did, unlike some I am capable of responding to several people in one post. As I responded to the concept of "backfire" I also responded to your incorrect assertions.

When it comes to this tradition there are right ways of doing things and wrong. Your implication that the original poster did something incorrect by following a traditional method of working was and is wrong. Now you've learned and can add that to your experience.

This coversation is now over. The poster has been advised of getting a reading, any attempts to continue to move this discussion in a direction other than intented by the orignal poster will be seen argumentative.

fresh_pots

Unread post by fresh_pots » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:35 am

I started spellwork suggested to me back in April.

Since then, nothing but bad things have happened, my mom got in a car accident that almost killed her, totaled her car, left her with NO CAR, her bank account got overdrawn by a company that wasn't her fault caused her not to come up with the money for the rent so I had to sell all of my musical instruments that took me YEARS to save up to buy just to pay the rent.

On top of that, I've been EXTREMELY depressed, and the love doll that was made for me not only didnt work, but had no effect on the target who has since then not contacted me...

not only that, but the boss fix honey jar/spell for my promotion and work had no effect.

I want you to know that I have FULL HEARTILY followed ALL instructions....and advice...my mom and I went to the Lucky Mojo store in April and got all of our supply's there...

I had a lot of belief in this...I kept having belief even when bad things started happening.

I'm not sure what to do, but I don't see any POSITIVE results...only been negative. Any advice would be appreciated.

Miss Ida Lundin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Ida Lundin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:31 pm

Well correct supplies is wonderful, but it is not all you need to be successful at working magic. Did you go to a reader and see if you were able to do this work for yourself? If you aren't gifted for the work the best supplies in the world wont make much difference. It's not only about following instructions.

Maybe you should ask a professional for a reading and see whats up, maybe have them work on your behalf, you seem to be in need of strong cleansing and mental and physical healing work.

But if you don't believe in the efficiency of magic I suggest you stop searching help with rootwork and stop buying spiritual supplies.

Either way I think the best idea for you right now is to seek medical help for your depression.

fresh_pots

Unread post by fresh_pots » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 pm

Um, YEAH I went to a reader.

As for the depression, you would be depressed if all this crap happened to you and you had the added stress to deal with.

Medical help? Seriously? Unless doctors can reverse time I doubt that would help.

imjewell

Unread post by imjewell » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Dear fresh_pots,

I checked your past posts and found that
1) you have a job when many folks these days can't find work, and you were actually considered for a promotion--a good sign;
2) your mother was NOT killed in a potentially deadly car wreck;
3) you were able to keep your home because of your investment in musical instruments which you were able to cash in on.

Other people on this forum would have posted how hugely thankful they were to have had such rare good luck under those circumstances. Every person on Earth, at one time or another, suffers from depressing, stressful events. Your experience is neither more nor less traumatic than the next person's. Good-natured folks usually try to find points where they have had similar experiences and can help one another cope. This is using compassion rather than whining and complaining and blaming.

I think you may have bitten off more than you can chew with your several different spells. When you are feeling overwhelmed by life, perhaps the first task is to get yourself feeling better. It doesn't make sense to work a love spell to draw someone to you when you are not feeling or acting very lovable. It doesn't make sense to work an attraction spell for money or luck when you have an aura of depression and negativity around you that pushes the happiness and good things away.

Perhaps more experienced rootworkers on this forum can suggest soothing baths, empowering mojo hands and blessing rituals that will help ground you and set you up for success in your future work. You are so lucky to live where you can visit the Lucky Mojo store. I'm sure you had a good time on your shopping adventure there. Surely, deep in your heart, you would like to go back and find some more interesting things to experiment with.

I wish you much love, luck, success and peace--and many, many blessings.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:45 pm

Fresh Pots.

It is very possible that, as Miss Ida Lundin pointed out, that you simply lack the talent to do magical work effectively. This can be hard for people to accept, because it is common thought that today anyone can do anything if they try hard enough, and that simply is not always true.

It's like singing, some people are born with a beautiful voice, and if they practice and apply themselves they can become virtuoso's. Others are born with a good but not spectacular voice, but with practice and hard work they can become very good. Others will never sing well. So it is with magic, some of us are born with a large gift, others can learn to o work for themselves, and a few have no talent for it at all.

Also...
fresh_pots wrote:Um, YEAH I went to a reader. As for the depression, you would be depressed if all this crap happened to you and you had the added stress to deal with. Medical help? Seriously? Unless doctors can reverse time I doubt that would help.
You're beginning to come off as rude to people trying to help you, I am sure you are not intending to so I mention this so that you may curtail this.

As for the stress and depression, despite what you seem to believe medical help can do a world of good, counseling is also of great aid to people in situations like yours.

I do hope you get the help you need, i will pray for you and your family.
HRCC Student #1559

Miss Tammie Lee
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Tammie Lee » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:18 pm

I just want to say that you have been given some good positive true heartfelt advice.
Imjewel even took the time to go back and point out the postive things that are going on which was kind, and right.

Believe in Yourself first, start there. We all go through ups and downs in life and we all make mistakes, but it is how we handle those challenges in the face of adversity, overcome the inevitable no matter how bad that may be, and the choice we make to walk down the road of doom and gloom or the road of bright hope for the future and what it can hold for us that will ultimately effect what happens a few years down the road from the "rough times" today.
I recommend Blessing Products. I also Believe that anyone can work with these products. They are for prayer, for hope and blessings.
http://www.luckymojo.com/blessing.html

I'd also still go back to Miss Cats recommendation, spend $10 on a reading with a Member of AIRR.
http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

When-- not where--- when-- there is a will there really is a way. The choice is yours. Timing can be everything. The choices we make today effect tomorrow. The choice is up to you.
Take Care.
Work the Lucky Mojo products for you and for those that you hold dearly!!!
#1606 GA

fresh_pots

Unread post by fresh_pots » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:17 am

Okay, I can see I'm obviously not getting through here...

Anyway, I am not by far a negative person and count my blessings everyday. I do not walk down the path of "gloom and doom" and, while the suggestions are great and I appreciate that, the point is, too many bad things have happened in such a short time and I've been told since I was very, very young that I am gifted and have a lot of power to do that what I need to do as far as spell work goes by multipul gifted root workers/readers...so, I don't think that is the case.

Anyway, while the obvious negative has not happened... I.E.
1) you have a job when many folks these days can't find work, and you were actually considered for a promotion--a good sign;
2) your mother was NOT killed in a potentially deadly car wreck;
3) you were able to keep your home because of your investment in musical instruments which you were able to cash in on.

these are still all negative...obviously, I am not getting my point across...

so, I thank you all for your insight. But I'll have to disagree on all above advice...

I have been through enough in my life to know what is normal and what is not...and this is not.

DelArca

Unread post by DelArca » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:03 am

Do you study astrology? This may be a set tumultuous time in your life right now which magic may only improve so much(example: Saturn return ages 27-32 or so). Just an idea.

I can understand why you would be depressed with everything that is has happened and is happening. Lack of faith in your work is not going to increase your success, however.

I suggest a thorough cleansing such as the 13 herb bath for 7 days. Properly dispose of your old works and begin again after the 7 days. This time start small. Work on a couple of things along the lines of: self love, healing, peace, protection, general luck, steady work etc. Do a little everyday.

In the next 1-3 months after that, when you begin to feel less depressed, take it further if you desire. The most important part of your spiritual practice is how you are feeling inside.

I feel your frustration and I hope things improve soon.

Nessa
Newly Registered

Unread post by Nessa » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:32 pm

Hello Cat;

First I want to say my best friend and I love your website...This is the most well organized website we have ever seen as a matter of fact I'm here with my laptop and he's right next to me with his...It's the funniest thing to see. Any Cat I have (3) questions for you in which (2) are his and (1) is mine. Here we go:

First question: If uses "come to me oil" on his significant other's underwear does it matter if her under garments are clean or dirty? Which would work better? He also has her earrings and he has the sheets where they last had sex (which was 3 weeks ago).

Second Question: What happens if he puts "come to me" oil and then touches her car door knob and is able to place this oil in her shampoo & conditioner but then that same day she goes out and touches someone else or is bumped or someone elses uses her shampoo will this affect the other person as well. She does not currently live with him (they are separated). He is able to see her every week because the custody of the children.

Third question: Which is obvious will my question...If I decide to use my menstrual blood on my significant other am I able to use it with these oils?

Thank you Cat~

QematetSau

Unread post by QematetSau » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:45 pm

It may not necessarily be that you can't do magic. It could be that your emotional distress is blocking your magic or that you need to work on developing the skill of manifestation...wh/ involves taking care of our emotional issues. Now, I'm not saying you have issues or this or that. I'm just saying from experience that being emotionally stressed does block magic, esp. if you're highly attached to the outcome.

I'd suggest doing cleansing work first and foremost. You can get cheap ingredients like Nettle for uncrossing. Also, if you feel up to it get some Holy Water from your local Catholic church. Use on your bath for blessings or on your person. Use it every day! The intention is on ridding yourself from all the emotional debris around you and bring peace and blessings. I'd stop my magic rituals until I feel more peaceful. This way I know I won't damage my work with my emotional baggage.

Meanwhile, try to go about work without thinking of the promotion or this other girl. Just concentrate on getting paid. Then, once you have enough funds get a reading to find out the best way to receive a promotion or if it's even worth your effort...you may be better off with another job. You can shoot for something much better if that's the case.

This comes from someone who has had an injury for almost a year with almost no help from a hellish family and no job. So, I know how stressful life can get.

Best of luck to you.

Crystal-Silence-League-Link

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”