Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Can Spells Back-Fire, Blow Back, Reverse On Me, or Harm Me?

lmlvr

Can Spells Back-Fire, Blow Back, Reverse On Me, or Harm Me?

Unread post by lmlvr » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:07 am

- If i felt that the Separation Candle was being reversed on me (by other workers), then if I do a Reverse Candle back, will my original Separation work take effect on the intended target....?

- Also, with the Intranquil Spirit work, can this reverse on me? If that was the case, can I Reverse it, so that it will apply to the intended target?

- And,

If I do a Reversing Candle myself, is it best to do an additional Uncrossing and Fiery Wall to protect myself?

please advise me, thank you.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator
Re: Can Spells Back-Fire, Blow Back, Reverse On Me, or Harm Me?

Unread post by Miss Bri » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:08 am

Hi there!

So let's talk about reversing for a minute because what you are describing in your post sounds more to me like you are experiencing your magic being blocked by the situation itself or another worker.

For example, when you talk about the Separation candle reversing are you describing the Separation work you are doing not going into effect and the individuals you are trying to separate from each other actually becoming closer to one another? If that is the case then what I would do is:

1.) do some divination on the work--is this outcome for spell work in this area favorable or are there some major roadblocks to getting my way?

2.) If the divination seems favorable or even if it doesn't but you still want to give it your best shot, clean up the area and maybe even take a spiritual bath yourself. Discard any remnants of old spells you have done on this issue in an appropriate manner.

3.) If you have reason to suspect that other workers are working against you, I would definitely lay down some basic protection--devils shoe strings, fiery wall of protection products, a mercury dime anklet, etc...

4.) Focus, concentrate, and begin the work again.

As I have been taught it, reversing is a specific family of spells and products that are meant to take trouble, crossed conditions, and jinxes that a person is experiencing in their life and send those things BACK to the sender, ie to Reverse the situation. So spells for intranquility and separation can backfire and can also be blocked and not take hold, but they aren't really reversing, if you get my drift.

Good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Lara

Unread post by Lara » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Thank you for taking the time to answer this question!

nagasiva
Site Admin

Unread post by nagasiva » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:49 am

a Separation Candle was reversing on me (by other workers)

if you were burning a candle to separate 2 individuals and another worker burned a Reversing Candle on you, then it may be that a triangle relationship fight for a target of both of your amorous interest would be influenced by these candles, installing distance between each of you and the common target, for example.

then if I do a Reverse Candle back,

granted that you discerned that the Separation Candle was being reversed, rather than work on the Reversing, it would be more reasonable to issue fresh power, as with a candle spell for Separation (say, of your own devise), with greater emphasis and power. candle magic can only do so much, and distance work can only achieve so much for you. ultimately, if you cared that much about the situation you would begin using powders where your rival walks, root him where he lives, or hire others of skill to do more potent work on your behalf.

that a worker might be assisting him or someone else to reverse your Separation activities is only meaningful to your situation if you are attempting to draw closer to the other party. if you aren't, then it's only an interference in your activities in this instance.

will my original Separation work take effect on the intended target....?

there are too many variables involved in the struggle to be able to clearly answer that question in a strictly positive or negative way. these variables include how close each of you may be to the situation, what you are each doing with your candles, given that you're only using candles, how powerful each of you is, what other factors may be assisting or impeding the outcomes you are each seeking, the quality and potency of your working tools, and the influences of any beings to whom you may be appealing for aid in your efforts.

...Intranquil Spirit work, can this reverse on me? If that was the case, can I Reverse it, so that it will apply to the intended target?

the Intranquil Spirit candle as i understand it -- i have never done one, i don't like them, etc. see

http://www.luckymojo.com/intranquility.html

where the Prayer also appears -- is a kind of candle spell that sends an intranquil spirit to torment another so that they cannot rest and will incessantly be compelled to think about the worker of the candle until they return to the sender of the spirit. it is coercive and mean, and a demonstration of throwing caution to the wind, overlooking the torment one might cause another, and indicates a kind of last resort or desire for revenge and compulsion.

a completely successful Reversing Candle set upon one of these would seem to rebound the spirit back to the sender such that the initial candle-burner would become tormented instead and compelled to incessantly think about the initial target of the tormenting spirit until returning to the target of the spell.

this is different than notions of "spells backfiring on you", which i'm not sure are at all meaningful in association with candles, and in any case if you are concerned about such things you should take adequate precautions and set, wear, install, etc., protective gear, wards, amulets, etc. to prevent it, prior to doing any kind of aggressive spellwork or candle work.

applying a Reversing Candle to a reversed (not a 'backfiring') Intranquil Spirit is somewhat futile. instead you'd want to add additional power to the original candle or to any subsequent one bent on the same purpose (say, by collecting some personal concerns of the target, or at least a photograph, some pieces of clothing, etc.).to my understanding it isn't the last 'tailing' additions to candles or spells that are typically the focus of spell-contests, but their original interests from the outset.

...If I do a Reverse, is it best to do an additional Uncrossing and Fiery Wall to protect myself?

I don't follow the logic of the Uncrossing, which is used to effect the removal of an unwanted, already-extant condition that you haven't explained you'd been crossed with. the Fiery Wall of Protection seems a bit strong to use against possible 'fallout' from a Reversing Candle that you are burning on someone. a good bit of this depends on who is doing the candle work and why you might think that such potent effects might be wrought through Reversing activities.

one way to short-circuit many concerns of this type is to abandon the use of Reversing Candles completely and to begin to do NEGATIVE work against their harmful spells or Candles. anybody using a Reversing Candle against you on this would only be effective against you if you had harmful spells or Candles going on them. through this method (by attacking their work and its coherence, integrity, and potency), the worst that might happen to you in the case of someone reversing your work would only be a decline in the potency and effectiveness of your own spells or candles (and, i argue, a substantial improvement in the moral character of your magical activities). 8-)

in tender-hearted analysis,
nagasiva yronwode

Forum Tech Help
forum@luckymojo.com

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Tue May 19, 2009 7:45 am

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.. it seems I have some kind of issue with getting my work to the right people. For some reason-- when I perform spell work it works, but on the wrong person?? or in the wrong way..
Two examples I'll give.. I'm doing a reconciliation honey jar right now to sweeten a man I was dating to start things up again. I followed directions to the letter, his name papers in the honey jar.. however another man I know is now starting to " sweeten up" where the intended target nothing is happening? It's still early but I just noticed this today
Second example.. I was burning a candle to heat things up romantically for a friend and 3 days after I started the candle, the man broke it off with her-- and I mean out of the blue.. nothing was wrong she just wanted to move it along.. I dont' get it.. I did a Jinx Removal on myself-- hoping that might do something but I am just mystified.. it seems anything of a " romantic" nature backfires..

Apo

Unread post by Apo » Tue May 19, 2009 8:13 am

Hello LMFan,

Sometimes things work, sometimes they don't. If i did a lottery winning work and afterward the place where i buy my lottery ticket burns down, it's just something that happened. Life has a way of getting in the way sometimes. So don't worry about the romantic candle. Learn more about your new pendulum, it will help you determine if your works will move in the proper direction and if there is a chance for them to come to life. Specially when you are working on other people.

About the jar, if you are stating that it's still early for the love jar, then perhaps it is.
And if this other fellow is getting all cuddly because, then he just likes you indifferent from magic, probably it would have happened even if you weren't doing any type of conjure work.

Don't take these sort of happenings as inability to do love work. If after 10 different workings you still fail, then you might need to reconsider the way you are approaching your workings. But until then it's nothing to worry about, it's just the way things go.

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Tue May 19, 2009 8:34 am

In the first case it seemed that your spell either failed or just havent kicked in yet.

In the second case you said:
I was burning a candle to heat things up romantically for a friend and 3 days after I started the candle, the man broke it off with her--

It seems to me you succeded in adding fire and heat to the situation but might have been a bit low on "sugar".
Sometimes one has a talent for different things in casting. If you are a fiersome person you might want to consider loosening up a bit when casting you spell. I used to do my love spells very heavy, dominating and commanding in the beginning, because that was the way I was used to work in other areas. It worked great with people subjective to that kind of command or who liked being told what to do, but was a disaster when working with people who were not at all subconsiously open for that kind of thing.

Try some regular http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-attraction.html or http://www.luckymojo.com/oil-fast-luck.html instead of the more intricate and heated love blends and see how it goes.

Good Luck!

Johannes Gardback
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Tue May 19, 2009 9:28 am

Thank you everyone.. That's good advice Johannes, good thinking on the " sugar".. I never thought of that!! hmm.. maybe my honey jar will kick in after all, I'm just using reconciliation oil on the candle on top.. maybe I'll add a little attraction etc.. This brings up another question-- is it really that intricate? I get the attraction oil, how would fast luck work?

Is there something besides a honey jar to " sweeten" a situation? Like for my friend.. I wonder if I could have put sugar in the candle..

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue May 19, 2009 9:37 am

LMFan,

If you are doing a honey jar for yourself, you are sending out a sweet vibe and not just the intended will pick up the scent. That is not unusual. By the way, honey jars can be slow on the intended.

As for your friend, she got her answer! The guy did not want to "move things along." The guy probably would have broken-up with your friend anyway. This is not that unusual. We had another lady who used a honey jar on a guy she met on the Internet and he closed up shop once she started. This stuff happens all the time.

Let's face it, magic is here to give us answers as well as "results." We may not like the answers we are given, but those answers help us learn and further our work.

I remember doing a spell to keep a job, but got fired the next day! I knew in my heart the job was not a good fit for me, but I was stubborn about it. The firing was a blessing in disguise. I ended up collecting a huge settlement for wrongful termination with that job. I had to get fired to get it though. On the surface my spell seemed to "backfire," but in the big scheme of things, it actually was quite successful in the long term.

LMFan your experiences are not that unusual.

Mary

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue May 19, 2009 9:43 am

LMFan,

Fast luck is just that, it's fast! Everyone wants fast, but is fast best for your situation?

I hope you are doing some divination around this. Are you using a pendulum, or divination system to guide with what spells to work? I would ask the pendulum if I am on the right track.

There are many ways to skin a cat.

Mary

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Tue May 19, 2009 10:45 am

Thanks Mary-- I'm still such a novice I figured I was doing something wrong, but maybe not? Or it could be I am just more aware of things since I know what work is being performed..
I do read Tarot cards, have been doing that a long time before.. but my readings, like my spell work.. wonky! I haven't tried them on my work so to speak, how would you use them?
I just got a pendulum the other day, I asked it if my honey jar was working on my intended and it said yes.. now if it's only working in the way I want it tooo!!!

Literarylioness

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue May 19, 2009 1:19 pm

LMFan,

When using a pendulum, ask basic questions. Such as "am I on the right track with this spell?" If it says "no," ask should I try an alternative spell, if it says "no" that means you should leave the situation alone. If it says "yes," ask about another spell you were being drawn to. If the pendulum is saying "yes" why don't you believe it? Do you think you have a bad pendulum?

Tarot cards are more detailed. For example, I was having a problem with a situation and I asked my cards how I should proceed. I got the High Priestess, which told me I already had the answer. I took a weekend off, where I just mediated on the situation and the solution came to me.

Yes, if you are performing spell work, you will be more aware of things, but don't let it get you paranoid! Just keep your eyes open and be mindful. Spell work is an art and not a science.

If you have worked with Tarot before, you have an idea of what the cards mean and how they relate to your situations. Craft your spells around those narratives.

Mary

myk5

Unread post by myk5 » Mon May 25, 2009 12:30 pm

When it comes to attaching a spell to the right person, personal concerns are more certain.

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Mon May 25, 2009 2:01 pm

I've had the same thing happen, the unexpected results. I did a Follow Me Boy candle, but instead of 'following' me it ruined his nature for other women, which might be seen as a success but he had all the insight of a mud puddle. Turns out later he's a royal jerk, and I got rid of him because I couldn't stand it anymore. Sometimes we sort of get what we need, not what we want.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

j82

Unread post by j82 » Mon May 25, 2009 7:16 pm

hey LMfan, i think you should keep working the honey jar and wait it out. I did a rec one on an ex too for a few months. I didnt see much and after a while i stopped and put it away.. then one day he called to talk, he went though a break up with the person he cheated on me with ( a few months back when i started the work) and told me he could not stop thinking of me and how strong I was to get over him and how bad he felt for what he did and how much he missed me and so on.. so I got the results but he wastoo busy or head strong to tell me then.. who knows if I kept it up.. dont loose faith, just keep working be patient and wait it out. remember people can be resistant, or fight the urge, if you keep it up you can break through. As with the failed friend, i agree with everyone else, if it ended it proly was meant that way. try helping the friend with a new love drawing spell and find a better person. sometimes a failure seems like that till we look back later and think thank God. I like to think of it as a Goddly intervention for our sake. Hope it helps ya.

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Wed May 27, 2009 6:42 am

I am going to keep working my honey jar, I've also asked one of the LM Practiioners for some extra help-- I did a tarot reading on my honey jar and got 2 pieces of advice.. one was that I needed to seek out help from someone who's knowledge was greater than my own.. and the other was to be patient, persistent and diligent in my efforts.. and when I asked about him calling me the cards said " Someone is going to call as anticipated-- something unusual will occur but they will call"-- CRAZY!!!

Rose

Unread post by Rose » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:54 am

I've been doing a honey jar and rconciliation work on this man I work with for the past month and I was wondering if the targets can ever "feel" anything strange - as in their energy being depleted maybe?

I work with this man and I overheard him talking to a co-worker about how he hadnt slept all night the other night and was up hallucinating and having night terrors. He was very concerned and was talking about how he was having trouble breathing and almost went to the hospital. I was worried that my work was "attacking" him and am concerned if this is just a coincidence or if this is something that happens? I do not intend on hurting him in any way so it upsets me but I can't help but feel satisfaction if my work is working! you know?

I am having a second reading done on this next week but I just wanted to get a more expert opinion than my own beforehand.

Thanks and many blessings!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:06 pm

LMFan, You will need a reading on this. It is too complex a situation to diagnose in this forum. Good luck.

However, on the broader topic of "Can Spells Back-Fire, Blow Back, Reverse On Me, or Harm Me?" there are some serious considerations that many of us deal with on a regular basis.

Most people are comfortable with performing blessing and healing work -- although a few will not do so without permission.

Most people enjoy love work -- although some will not perform tying or binding love work.

Many people feel comfortable with protection work -- erecting barriers against negativity and curses.

Some people are comfortable performing reversing work -- sending evil back to those who sent it.

Some people are totally okay with seeking justified revenge -- magical punishment of wrong-doers.

A few people feel just fine cursing people preemptively or for personal gain.

Where you fall on that list -- and under what circumstances -- is not a matter of hoodoo tradition. It is, rather, an indication of your own personal cultural, religious, and ethical choices. This is not to say that hoodoo practitioners are all moral relativists -- far from it -- but rather it is to say that one's own moral compass was probably set in place long before one because a hoodoo practitioner.

And so be it.
catherine yronwode

Ms. B

Unread post by Ms. B » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:50 pm

Jackballs, Mojo bags, Whiskey bottle tricks, etc. all backfire on me. Let me be clearer. Every time I work them, the boy hates me and is the opposite of nice or courteous to me. Shortly after the work is completed (whiskey with trick done to it is drank, etc...) the Beloved boy turns abrasive, rude and confrontational. Why?!

The only things that have ever worked on him are Follow Me Boy oil and a passion oil I concocted by myself (which worked on me too and almost got me pregnant...LOL).

I don't know why this happens, I certainly can't work Love for anybody else either. Is there something I need to do? Maybe this is a sign that I'm really good at breakup work... not really my business to meddle in other's relationships so I don't know. Does anyone have any thoughts?

PS. It doesn't matter if I'm doing Spell work or Tricks, they always have backfired.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Well, spells don't really "backfire". They can fizzle out or never come to fruition but they don't backfire. I've no idea why you're not getting the results you want other than you may just not be gifted at love work. Everybody has their strengths and weaknesses and that's certainly true with spellwork.

First, I would get a reading about your situation. It could be possible that you keep going after guys that aren't good for you which is why you're getting so-so results. If all else fails, you can always hire a professional rootworker.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:59 pm

Sounds like your crossed. I would get a reading to see whats up. We can't really diagnose the issue but I will suggest a round of Thirteen Herb baths, thirteen of the to be exact as it sounds like you got it hard. Also, perhaps you are not meant to have this man. I know you don't want to hear that but not everyone gets everything they want.

http://www.readersandrootworkers.org

Prettykila

Unread post by Prettykila » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Well, dear, looks like you should just perform a cleansing of yourself. Perhaps your energy is blocked. I recommend the cleansing before doing anymore work and looking into a reading to see the potential outcomes. Depending on your belief systems I would also pray to the Archangel Metatron before bed and ask him to cleanse and purify your chakras. If all aspects of your energy are cleansed after that it would pose alot better for you to perform ritual work. Also, how long have you put into meditation or the actual spells? Are you actually focusing and narrowing in on the results that you want? Often times, energy can scatter...

Ms. B

Unread post by Ms. B » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Thank you all for your input.

Like I said, it really doesn't matter what I do... only oils work and not all of them. Maybe I am going after the wrong guys... although, mostly I'm working them because I want a little help in the seduction department... Trust me I've gotten enough of the "wrong" men without any magic too! It does feel as if I'm not gifted at Love work... true... I will look into divining on this.

I have done uncrossing work too to help break up the narrative, etc. I will continue to cleanse. I'm realizing that the boys I've worked on are all men that are ethnic like me. Perhaps I'm pulling out all my weapons and they take off running...

Yep, I've done work that is so focused and also light candle/conjure work: again, no matter what it's the opposite result. I will try being more focused with my energy. Thank you all so much!

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:56 am

^make sure that you are protecting your self as well. No point in cleansing yourself if you're not protecting yourself adequately.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:50 am

Its also very possible that you simply are not gifted for either magic in general or love work. Not everyone can do this work and if you can't all the cleansing and such in the world won't make a difference.

curiosity

Unread post by curiosity » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:39 am

I'm self-employed and a few different people/companies owe me money and they're dragging their feet. Here's my question...is it okay to do one spell for EVERYONE to pay me? Or should I do a separate spell for EACH debtor?

Thank you in advance! I'm learning a lot from reading these message boards--thanks to you guys at lucky mojo for putting this up.

xxoo

theredc6

Unread post by theredc6 » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:43 am

I would use compelling oil to make them pay you back. I would do different a spell for each debtor and the specific amount they owe you.

Unread post by Avatar » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:26 pm

Hi all:

Instead of cluttering the forum, I thought I would put my question here instead of starting a new thread. My target is no longer seeing a previous rival. However, I know he is interested in dating around. I would like him to have luck with no other woman but me, that no woman will go out with him, and that no other relationship but one that we have will work. I am unsure how to word this. In my research about petitions to spirits in magick I have read that negative words like 'not' and 'except' shouldn't be used as the spirit world doesn't understand negatives, i.e. "Do NOT love anyone else but me" would read "Do love anyone else but me". Does this apply in hoodoo petitions?

How should I word my petition for him to be repulsed by or unattracted to every woman but me? And that any other relationship he pursues (except) with me will be unsuccessful.

I thought I had seen a candle for "no other woman but me" on this site, but can't seem to find it. Does it, or something similar exist?

Thanks!

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:43 pm

You can always say "Love only me."
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:15 pm

Curiosity: Get a Pay Me Now candle and put all your unpaid invoices beneath it as well as a petition.

Avatar: a petition is really only a physical manifestation of your intent. As long as it is clear to YOU, the spirits/universe will understand it. You think they all speak English? Nope. They speak to us quite differently, but our minds interpret it as spoken language (English, Spanish, Chinese, whatever) becasue that is the easiest way for US to communicate. If your petition is clear, they will understand the intent behind it. So it is fine to use negatives.

flamethrower

Unread post by flamethrower » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:05 pm

I live with a male friend on a strictly platonic basis. Since my boyfriend and I broke up, I've been doing reconciliation work using a honey jar, 7-day candles, incense....all using Return to Me or Reconciliation-type Lucky Mojo products.

I've been very discreet about this, and only do reconciliation work when my roommate is at work. However, I've noticed that he's become a bit needy, wanting to know where I'm at, etc. Even though I've made it clear that I'm intent on reconciliation, I have a nagging feeling that the love work may be affecting him indirectly simply due to the tiny size of the apartment. If so, do you have any suggestions?

Thoughts, anyone? Thanks in advance for your input.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:35 pm

It's doubtful that your roommate is being affected unless you want him to be affected. In hoodoo, only the intended target is affected by the work you do. If you still feel like what you're doing is causing some affect on him, do a house cleansing with some Chinese Wash or burn some sage.

IMO, it sounds like your roommate might want something more than just a platonic relationship and figures since you just broke up with your bf, he might as well give it a try.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:20 pm

While I agree that generally the magical effect is only felt by the intended target, there is a chance that residual energies from your work may be effecting your immediate environment, and hence your roommate.

When you do any kind of work a charge of sort build up. When you're doing enemy work, this is one reason why you much always do cleansings immediately afterwards, so that no negativity rubs off on your and yours through residual contact with the energies being used. When doing prosperity work for someone else, you may also see more money coming into your own hands due to the magical "contact high" (for lack of a better term). The effect is certainly not as strong and focused as it is for the target, but vibrations linger.

So, a cleansing of your place would be a very good place to start. That will move any lingering energies in your space out, and hopefully that's all it will take to calm your roommate down. If not, then perhaps he does simply want more from you and is taking the opportunity to attempt to move in on you. If the cleansing isn't effective, you could always do a freezer jar on him to cool him off - or have a reading done to see what's going on.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - Proud AIRR member and HRCC Graduate.

j82

Unread post by j82 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:12 pm

intersesting. I had a situation like that before i did rec work on an ex and low and behold like 5 of my ex's came out of the woodwork and started talking with me again. though i did not cleanse after like Devi suggest which makes sense. though my experience is sometimes doing love work will draw people these random people to you.

skyme714

Unread post by skyme714 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:07 pm

NotDorianGray wrote: As long as it is clear to YOU, the spirits/universe will understand it. You think they all speak English?

:D :D :D NDG, you made me laugh!

j82

Unread post by j82 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:07 pm

To the lover issue it sounds like what you really want is the intranqulity spirit, to have no rest, no joy, no peace with others, to fall on his face and to come to you humbly. Look into the spell on LM site, they have a spell kit that comes with everything you need to cast it

j82

Unread post by j82 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:08 pm

for the money issue id do a different one for each company use compeling or pay me now .. honey jars work for this too but i have noticed with businesses it works easier to do compeling work.. send them a letter requesting payment dressed with the powders :)

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Hi,

I have a question which might sound stupid and might not even go here but i tried searching and nothing came up. I am still reading all the site so I might've not read on this since I am not going in order and I am learning about Hoodoo. My question is this, I am pagan and when I do spells or some sort of ritual I cast a circle to work inside of as protection from the ouside energies etc. Is there something like that in Hoodoo? Something that you do before working a spell to protect yourself from energies? or do you just start working?

sorry it might be a dumb question but I was curious. :)

=)
Brujita

Turnsteel

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Many people keep up constant protection around themselves ad there home, but the European notion that one must always work within a protective circle is absent both in hoodoo and, as far as I know, the rest of the African Diaspora.

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:07 pm

Brujita Angelical no question is dumb....you need information. I agree with HailDiscordia. Personally, I believe in keeping constant cleansing and protection no matter what work is being done.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:21 pm

Casting a circle is usually not part of the hoodoo/conjure tradtition. The circle casting comes from European and Middle Eastern sources which emphasize the power of symbols as a means of tapping into magick. Hoodoo on the other hand focuses more on relationships, you will build a relationship with your altar, with the places you work magick, with your materials, herbs, curios etc. Part of this process involves cleansing your space and keeping up constant protection. Besides that, a Circle is not necessary for a conjure. There are, however, people who perform to a quick candle lighting, a prayer, or other small rite that helps them express their intent to work this magick, or get into the mindset. Some people do this by saying the Lord's prayer, others sprinkle their altar with a bit of Florida Water, others even light a devotional candle to Deity and ask for their aid. Hope that helps.
ConjureMan Ali- Lucky Mojo Certified Graduate and Member of AIRR

Brujita Angelical

Unread post by Brujita Angelical » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:12 am

yes that helps a great deal! thank you all of you!

tayra

Unread post by tayra » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 pm

I don't know what I was thinking...

I decided to burn a divorce candle tonight Tuesday on the top of my vinegar jar.. I anointed my candle with separation oil.. I also dressed it with different powders and herbs, I named her and him, put some break up incense, put 9 hot nails on it, and started my spell...

Everything was good.. i made my command and the candle just burned out his side in 15 min.. I was amazed!! her side was intact but he has already burned out complete leaving just her alone... the candle started with tears at the beginning but then it was fast...

The only problem.. is that I put my command paper ON the jar not at the bottom of the jar... so, when the candle burned out, the paper start to burn as well, and my fire alarm started to sound... and all the jar was on fire!!!!

I just took it and put it on the floor.. and the only thing I did was extinguish the fire with my snuffer and also blow a little bit the burned paper.

Did I screw my spell up?... I feel so frustrated coz the spell was going in so a good way that at the end I think I just failed...

And also what should I do with the wax and the paper ash and all the rest.. should I disposs evrything together.. or her side apart from his side??

Any suggestions???

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Dispose of everything either at a crossroads, or graveyard.

I don't think you screwed up your spell. If you still feel uneasy, then continue to burn black candles every Tuesday and Saturday on your vinegar jar. Also, shake the jar up which will help them fight and break them up. If you can throw her side of the candle in the river then great. Again, if you feel uneasy burn small candles on the vinegar jar or use a break up vigil light.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Dispose of everything together. Read here for options...remember this is a negative spell and the remains should be remove from your home Soon! http://www.luckymojo.com/layingtricks.html

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Don't forget to cleanse and protect yourself, too. Take a hyssop bath and at least pray to St. Michael for protection - using some form of Protection, or Fiery Wall of Protection would be advisable.

However, overall, I would consider the work successful at this point. Be happy with the destructive chaos that ensued, dispose of the remains, cleanse and protect...and then just forget about it!

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:14 am

"Be happy with the destructive chaos that ensued"--now there's advice you don't hear every day. Coming from one as gentle as Devi it's even more amusing ;-).

Try not to let your fears effect the spellcasting. View the burning of the name paper/petition as the fires of destruction and hate burning from your candle into their relationship. Dispose properly and cleanse.

If you feel uneasy you can double check your spell by getting a quick reading to ensure that it's hitting your target.

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:15 am

"Be happy with the destructive chaos that ensued"--now there's advice you don't hear every day. Coming from one as gentle as Devi it's even more amusing .

LOL - I've worked very hard to become as lady-hearted as I am. I did some MEAN retaliatory things when I was much younger. Like revenge that took over 4 years to hit home, and when it landed was devastating! Had I known hoodoo, those people would have been in for a huge heap of hurt even bigger than the one they got at the time. It's probably best for all involved, including myself, that I didn't! :)

tayra

Unread post by tayra » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 am

Thank u guys for your advice!!!

Well as I said before, the candle just took 30 minutes to burn out completely his side was banished in 15 minutes and she was still stand up... Hi side burned like tears and she was just intact.. Does this have any meaning??

I did the spell around 10pm and at 12 I took a bath with hyssop and salt.. then i took the remainings of wax and also one cup of the bath' water and trow the first one in a train crossroad and a couple of blocks further the water on my left shoulder looking west.. so I think it was a accomplished mission, but I just found out today that the girl in mention is planning to come to US to visit him and stay with him for a while... what can I do to stop her coming, an other thing is that she will need to ask for a visa, there is something that I can do to give her bad luck in the appointment or it is better to keep my vinegar jar until they split??
This girl has been a pain in the ass since I started my relationship with him (5 years ago)...even if he said so many times to live him alone... I just want to be with him again and keep away this girl..

Thanks a lot!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:09 am

Sounds like you need to get a reading done to determine what is going on.
Also, you just did this spell like one or two days ago, right? Spells take up to 3 months to manifest, so you need to give it some time.

tayra

Unread post by tayra » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Thank u Devi....

yes you are right, I need to wait, i did the spell yesterday at night, so.. I have time to see the results..
The only problem is that i just want this girl away from us, he has moved in the same condominium as mine, in front of my apartment and if she comes to US it will be very difficult for me. he was calling me and texting me everyday but after he traveled there for 4 days he hasn't contact me (he arrived 2 days ago)
And also what can i do about her, coz all the spells is for people that is near, but she lives in another continent I can't put some powder in her house or things like that... what can I do to work her me being here and her so far away?

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Tayra,

From the fact that her figure refused to burn, and then your paper burned, i'd say she is one tough character. She is seriously fighting you, but you know that now, and you can prevail and win. This is not a "spell back-firing" -- it is a spell being reversed on you by the one you sought to attack.

Keep it going. You cannot affect her with powders or such, because she lives far away, so keep working with her name, her photo (if you have it), and candles.
catherine yronwode

Dr Johannes
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Dr Johannes » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:03 pm

Mishaps, accidental fires and alike is a common occurance when working on a person who is protected.
Cleanse, rethink your strategy and go again.
Need Help? I am on AIRR --
www.readersandrootworkers.com
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ReadersandRootworkers

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:05 pm

If you want to keep her from coming over then you can work with Knotweed and Barberry to bind her and restrict her ability to leave her area.

I'd take a map of where she lives and place it into a mirror box along with a doll baby that I've bound up. I'd toss in Knotweed, Spanish Moss, Black Pepper, Salt, Barberry and other herbs and powders. I'd nail the doll baby into the box right into the map then toss the entire thing into a river.

To confuse up her Visa process work with Black Mustard Seeds and Poppy Seeds. These can also help weaken her to your influence. Good luck!

tayra

Unread post by tayra » Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:24 pm

Hi Catherine...
thank you so much for your reply...
In fact what you told me in the reading was truth... she doesn't love him and is juts because of his money... In fact, she just started to ask for it and he sent it to her.... what is strange, anyway.. I'll continue burning my candles on the vinegar jar until I receive my break up and do my honey jar at the same time in another room.....
And do you know something that i can work on that only affects her... like something where I can use her pics with candles and such...

tayra

Unread post by tayra » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 am

Oh Conjureman... that seems to be a very good spell.. never though about it!!

thank you so much, I'll do it for sure... any special day for this, maybe saturday nite?
About the box, I saw this in other post as well, but I don't have a clue about this box.. can I use something like a shoe box and put some mirrors inside? and also do I have to put the poppy seeds and black mustard seed on the doll or just toss it into the box? and can I put hot foot on the box too?

thankssss a lot!

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:37 am

Tayra, first, just "tossing" in the herbs is not sound magical work. You will need a lot more focus, prayer, or cursing than a mere "toss" implies.

Second, you making a BOX SPELL, so, no, you would not put anything on top of the box. The box is the container.
catherine yronwode

J Simulcik

Unread post by J Simulcik » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:51 am

The "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice" mirror box spell is here on the Uncrossing page: http://www.luckymojo.com/uncrossing.html

It also touches on the use of hot foot products. Hope that helps.

Macbaby

Unread post by Macbaby » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:41 pm

I started doing dominating love work on my target in November 2009 after getting a reading from an AIRR root worker who gave me the green light. (As an aside to this topic, the results with using Lucky Mojo products in my work have been unbelievable).

When asking this root worker about break up work for my target and his woman, she said that it was 'unnecessary' as they would eventually break up on their own, BUT if I wanted to, I could perform work to speed up the process.

So, I made a vinegar jar about a couple of months ago and got a series of break up candles lit for me by the MISC. I only started work on the both of them a couple of months ago.

Now, although I do see movement in my positive work, I have no idea what is going on with the break up situation. The other day however, my target made a comment to me that his partner has been experiencing these strange, unexplained pangs of panic that seem to creep up on her out of nowhere -- and that this has been happening for around 6 months -- about the same amount time that has passed since I started work on HIM.

Could my work on HIM be affecting HER in this way? Could her 'panic' be related to my work?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:47 pm

It could be a result...but do not overthink it...just let it happen. 8-)

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Page at Facebook

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”