Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

hi from me..

daviidjayy

hi from me..

Unread post by daviidjayy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:25 pm

hi my names david. ive known about and spent a lot of time on this site for 2 years and finally im making an introduction. the reason for that is im finally done doubting myself. ever since i can remember ive felt a deep connection to everything in spirit and everything african. from art to culture to just the crazy beautifulness of the country itself has always fascinated me and in my mind reperesents nature at its core. my dream vacation is still to go on a safari.

anyways growing up ive always felt like an old soul even before i knew what that meant and i probably got my interest in the occult because of my grams. she was like my second mom cause mine worked and went to school full time. shes just a natural spirit and me and my sis loved books so wed read all the books she had; hauntings, books on crystals, runes, the seven wonders of the world, divination...you name it i could find it there. and she LOVED crystals...and kept all her perfume bottles lol. so thats where my interest was sparked and soon i was getting books from the library and the first one i ever checked out was The Spiral Dance by Starhawk i think i was like 9 or 10.

Since then ive read and researched probably every occult/new age topic there is. but ive never dabbled cause ive always doubted myself. i am my worst critic. so i took a lil break from the spiritual side in me and concentrated on other stuff but after about 7 months i was brought right back into it cause one of my best friends of 4 years is cuban and her family practices santeria and from there is how i found hoodoo.

So the past 3 years my main area of focus has been natural magic, rootwork and hedge witchcraft and it feels good that ive finally found something i can really connect with. it makes me think about that old soul feeling i get and after learning everything i have its kind of evolved and i now think of it as a natural primal kind of energy.

A week ago i bought Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic and The Voodoo Hoodoo Spellbook from amazon because i noticed they could be bought in a bundle. i got Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic but the other one i just found out was received by someone else :/ so i should be getting it replaced on tuesday.

I hope to be able to take catherine yronwode's course soon but until then i'll be getting my hands wet on my own and hope to learn a lot from everyone.

-david :)

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Re: hi from me..

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Welcome to the forum, there is much to learn and read about!
HRCC Student #1339

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Welcome david
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:01 am

Welcome. This forum is an amazing resource, and I'm sure you'll enjoy your time here.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:19 am

Welcome to the forum, David.

If you want to take my course, do read the thread on the course over in the course/party/workshops section of the forum. A lot of folks' questions about the course are answered there, and that will give you some idea of the requirements and the type of teaching i do. As you read this forum, you will see posts by folks with the "certified practitioner" avatar, or an avatar on which that forms a portion of the image -- these are graduates of the course, and in some cases have also taken my hands-on apprenticeship program.

Good luck to you in your studies!
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

Joseph Magnuson
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Joseph Magnuson » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:27 am

Welcome David...hope you find what you are looking for...
Joseph Magnuson
Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate #1599

annie2

Unread post by annie2 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

welcome!

Missionary-Independent.org

Return to “2010 Public Forum Introductions”