Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

lmlvr

Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

Unread post by lmlvr » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:57 am

Hello there,

please help~

What can I do if somebody is blocking my love spells on my intended target....? If I do a Uncrossing on the intended target, is there a danger on canceling all the spells I have done on this person...? I am looking for ways to UNBLOCK anything that may prevent it from working on this individual.

Thank you,
and thank you for all the advise you guys have given me on my other posts. I greatly appreciate it.

lmlvr

J Simulcik
HRCC Student

Re: Theories About How and Why Magic or Psychism Works or Fails

Unread post by J Simulcik » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:21 am

As long as you're not working coercively or badly, an uncrossing shouldn't affect the love work. Most protection and reversing is against crossing/jinxes/bad work. I don't know of anything that purposely blocks against all work, though that could certainly be a blind spot in my education. If someone is blocking your coercive love work, and you still feel it is necessary, then you need to strengthen your work through any of a number of means. Try a divination to see what's happening and why.
HRCC Student #1339

Malefic

Unread post by Malefic » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:05 pm

To speak for myself, if someone were trying to block my love work, I'd probably use something like a double-action candle with the black side dressed in Jinx Killer and the red side dressed in gunpowder (to make sure it blasts through anything remaining.) Certainly I would expect that wouldn't have any harmful effect on my established work, though I imagine there are formulas or tactics that could act so in some circumstances (like if your target were the person trying to block the work, and you did something like dress a figural candle of them with Uncrossing, that might potentially send things awry, I'd guess.)

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Lukianos » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:06 am

I'd be more likely to use VanVan or Road Opener formulas to clear away blockages to my work, especially if there was no evidence of personally-directed work against me. On the other hand, if I suspected that someone had actively crossed *me*, then Uncrossing and Reversing formulas would be logical choices-- used to uncross *myself*, and reverse the attack back to the *person who had crossed me*, not the target of my love work--for the sake of this example, I'm assuming (and I would hope) that the attacker and my target would be two different people.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:02 pm

lmlvr wrote:What can I do if somebody is blocking my love spells on my intended target....? If I do a Uncrossing on the intended target, is there a danger on canceling all the spells I have done on this person...? I am looking for ways to UNBLOCK anything that may prevent it from working on this individual.
My first question would by why you think someone is blocking your work. There could be various reasons for why your love work is not working. I would get a reading to see what is going on before proceeding.

I would not do reversing or revenge work without adequate information.

Mary

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

I burnt a 7 day candle for certain outcome,also had same burned at independent church altar also did spell kit for same So far no positive outcome I am also on the 5th day of a 9 day novena to St Francis of Assisi I had to rebury remains because they were unearthed(someone said instead of burying them in yard again use planter in same area)

Should I try any other form (example,bottle jar)I still have the mojo hand and I am still dressing it.

Should I try asking for that who does hopeless causes or something like that? I really do not know what to do next except keep praying for positive outcome

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:24 pm

Well, how long ago was it that you did this work? A good rule of thumb is too expect to see a sign about the spell in 3 days, moment in 3 weeks and results in 3 months. But that's not a hard and fast rule. Things take time. I would do a divination and work from their. Hold off on calling this a lost cause.
HRCC Student #1559

mar_2

Unread post by mar_2 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:49 pm

I have been told the same by root workers, that i will see a sign in 3 days, movement in 3 weeks and results in 3 months. Wat kind of signs do I look for and what type of movement?

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:46 pm

I have not had much experience nor do I have much knowledge about divination Can you help? I did try some when i first started wicca? Do you think I should keep up on the redressing of the mojo and anointing my 3rd eye I know I will finish the 9 day novena what do you think about reburying the remains of the last work? and do you think that hurt me any? I absolutely knew that my heart and prayers were true

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Sharona22 wrote:I have not had much experience nor do I have much knowledge about divination Can you help?
Not really, sorry. I would say a pendulum is a fine method to start with. Rather simple to use and good for yes and no questions. I personally prefer the tarot myself. Read up on the different forms of divination, try them out and see what works for you.
Sharona22 wrote:Do you think I should keep up on the redressing of the mojo and anointing my 3rd eye
Well I don't know about this third eye business but you have to feed your mojo if you want it to work for you.
Sharona22 wrote:I know I will finish the 9 day novena what do you think about reburying the remains of the last work? and do you think that hurt me any?
Definitely rebury the spell remains, I would have done it as soon as it happened to come back. As for whether or no it hurt the spell I can't be sure, it could very well be a sign about your work but signs are often very personal, what looks like a clear sign to me might not look like anything to you. Again a divination is in order.
HRCC Student #1559

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:17 am

How long has it been? I mean if its only been a week, than I think that is not long enough to call it quits. I know you are doing all these different kinds of things for your outcome, but sometimes doing a few things is better than overloading because you are not putting all your energy into it. Also, I think you are how I was when I first started. Just because you dont SEE it immediately does not mean its not working. Also, I think your doubt in your work plays apart. You must believe in it. Sometimes seeing isn't believing. I am not sure how long it has been, but you must be patient. We can not get caught up in the " has it happened yet" mentality because if we do that it probably wont happen. If it has been like a month since you cast these spells, then I would recast, but if its only been like a week or two...i feel like thats not enough time. I know you want immediate results, but spellwork is work. Also, sometimes you have to cast things and let them go. Trust that they will happen, because your self-defeating, overthinking thoughts does not help the work.

I dont know what your situation is, but I recommend someone else giving you your divination. I just think its better that way,and lucky mojo has a readings page from great people, or try Miss Cat herself she is awesome. Again, time, and patience and do not over think about how things are going to happen. You might need a road opener or unjinxing bath.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:31 am

I mhad Cats reading it was awesome and we did not discuss the pyschic vision kit outcome because I had not done it yet,good suggestion I will get another reading focusing on just this. It has been about 10 days so I will be patient focus on a positive outcome finish my Novena and carry the hearts i made for brody and I(cat knows what this is) Any more input is always welcome,maybe I have had little signs and was not open to them because I was expecting more not sure. PS Is there anyone who knows whch color candles(blue is one I thnk) or day is best for all physchuc related things?

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:10 am

Also, I think you are like trying to force yourself to see the effectiveness of the psychic vision. I think you need to just let the spell do its work. Cast, and then try to stop thinking about it. It will come to you. Its like trying to force knowing something through a dream. I just think you need to relax, and continue with your everyday life. It will come to you.

Astariell

Unread post by Astariell » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:46 am

Hi Sharon22,

Just a thought or two I had to add.....going along with the above comments..

It is hard to be patient while waiting for results. I like to think of everything is working since really the answers come whether we like them or not...If we want and get something that isn't good for us, we suffer possibly later...But...

I have found that when I feel negative or overcome with thoughts that bring me down,in regard to my rootwork timing, I retreat mentally from the situation and let go...I contemplate what I really want and do a bit of self evaluating. I decide to either continue and let it go...

Above all, I see myself as strong, and believe in the power of my work. It will never fail me....While waiting for manifestation, I keep a win-win feeling, a light grasp on the power of the work, but let it go to actually do it's work, not holding on to it or how could it release to go work for you? I feel confident since it will have effect if not sooner then later...There is always a result...

.As far as signs, I think we sometimes overlook them being we are trying to search everywhere for them.....When I let go and relax a bit, I usually get a "feeling" and then a sign....I recently after some on going work, was driving at dawn and just looked up and saw the cresent moon with Jupiter sparkling down below...It was only on that morning and no other that this celestial placement happened....I didn't know about it before....It was a sign most definitely and pertained amazingly to my work.....But I was not looking at all that morning.....not in any way.....for any sign....

I would finish the work you are now doing.....regroup....and start again with a new attitude. You have the tools, the advise, the know how, etc.... Know you that you have the power to make things happen....visualize your results and keep that in mind as you go about your everyday life....See your results unfolding.....I hope this helps.... :)

Apo

Unread post by Apo » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:52 am

Hello,

Another important matter is, what are you expectations? sometimes our hopes are too high and specific and we don't realize things are happening but in a different form.

When you say you are doing a psychic Vision kit, what do you expect to happen? what changes are you looking for?

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:16 pm

Sharona22 wrote:I mhad Cats reading it was awesome and we did not discuss the pyschic vision kit outcome because I had not done it yet,good suggestion I will get another reading focusing on just this. It has been about 10 days so I will be patient focus on a positive outcome finish my Novena and carry the hearts i made for brody and I(cat knows what this is) Any more input is always welcome,maybe I have had little signs and was not open to them because I was expecting more not sure. PS Is there anyone who knows whch color candles(blue is one I thnk) or day is best for all physchuc related things?
Hi Sharona,

Have faith in the work that you have done and be open to the signs and the movement that you may receive. The unearthing of the spell remains may indicate an "interupption" in your spell work, so it may not go through as smoothly and quickly as you might like but you have put a lot of effort and energy into it, so have faith and don't worry about it so much. The best day for psychic work in Monday, ruled by the Moon.

If you are feeling very anxious about the spell's outcome you can schedule a reading with someone or use a pendulum to get a yes/no answer on whether the work is taking.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:31 am

What I am looking for is to be able to communicate with all animals mostly my new dog as he has quickly become a very big part of my life and has some health issues I want to be able to do this to help all the rescue and foster animals I work with so they can have a better life hopefully a good home. This is what I want. I have read all the advice given and I will stop thinking about it and relax and go about my day and see if I can see any unexpected things Thanks to you all for your support it is very nice to hear from you all

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:38 am

Thanks for the Monday and moon info I am going to do a short candle ceromony tonight with my saint francis medal that I received do you think this would be appropriate? PS Thanks for the kind words in your last post yes I did put alot of work and love into this because being able to communicate to help homeless and rescue animals I feel is my calling and have wanted to do this ever since I retired that is why I volunteer and donate so much to the many animal issues. If anyone would like to burn a candle or anything on my behalf on the appropriate day or moon I would be very appreciative,thanks

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:32 pm

Something else to think about if you haven't is that dogs are intelligent, sensitive creatures, but don't think in the same manner we do, so you might miss a sign. After all, they have their own language :)
So be it
-Jason Bourne

I'd rather walk in the right direction than ride with my head up my...

BrownButter

Unread post by BrownButter » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:05 pm

I read something somewhere that said manifestation needs more energy, not necessarily more time. From my understanding, a spell can start to work the moment you think of it depending on the energy behind the thought. I've done candlework and whatever I intended started to manifest as soon as the candle is lit because of my energy, it didnt start working after it had burned down but way before.

Apo

Unread post by Apo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Virgo rules small animals, So a moon in Virgo.

Sharona22

Unread post by Sharona22 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 pm

Thanks Apo I am not much on astrology can you give me more info on this. I paid for Cat to do a divination to see if it took

Apo

Unread post by Apo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:07 pm

Well when the moon is on Virgo its a proper time to work with small animals and pets among other things. a Virgo moon isn't the most intuitive, but its the one that's connected to animals, small ones at least. Horses, elephants and other large animals are a Pisces moon.

Using the moon , planetary hours and days it's actually more complicated than it seems. I rather not discuss it since this is not the place to do so.

Try to keep things in perspective and be practical. Lots of luck.

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:00 am

Say you do all the right things-- do all the little extra's, get great signs but then nothing happens?

keirith

Unread post by keirith » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:51 am

I think they say you should then have a reading/divination to see what is going on.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:23 pm

LMFan wrote:Say you do all the right things-- do all the little extra's, get great signs but then nothing happens?
A fact that somepeople have a lot of problems excepting is that they arn't entitled to everything they want. You can hope and work and try your hardest for something but if your not meant to have it you just won't get it. You may not be meant to have whatever it is your working on.
HRCC Student #1559

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:51 pm

What you think you want may not be what you really want. For example you may want a particular job, but what you really want is a steady income or prestige or social interaction or whatever.

It depends also on how likely your outcome would happen without any magickal work, and what you are doing in the mundane world to help it along. Getting a celebrity to marry you would be less likely than a relationship with someone you already know, unless of course you are already acquainted with him or her. If you want to win the lottery, buy a ticket.

I've noticed a lot of people on this board are doing breakup spells. I would do one myself if my marriage were threatened or if one of my daughters were involved with a lowlife. However, in many cases, people are doing these just for spite and their energy would be better directed in making their own lives better. Remember, living well is the best revenge!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:30 pm

How long have you given the work? I've personally thought work has flopped, just to get results two or three weeks later.

CG
So be it
-Jason Bourne

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:33 pm

^ I agree some people do not give the work enough time. This is not Hocus Pocus, or any other movies where you get what you want immediately. They dont call spell work..WORK for nothing. I think the most leading thing is that people seem to think that one spell kit is going to get to the goal, or that doing 50 spells is going to get what you want. If you are not directly addressing the problem, or keep doing the SAME spell over and over, then you might as well let it go. Also, if someone comes back to you, but you continue to do things that caused the person to leave you in the first place...then leave the situation alone. You have to be active in your spell work, and not continue to work against yourself. That includes obsessing...constantly thinking about the spell...and questioning if the spell(s) has worked.

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:03 am

HailDiscordia wrote: A fact that somepeople have a lot of problems excepting is that they arn't entitled to everything they want. You can hope and work and try your hardest for something but if your not meant to have it you just won't get it. You may not be meant to have whatever it is your working on.

Hi Hail.. that's a little depressing isn't it? I mean how do you know you're not meant to have it??? Not to belabour the point, that seems defeatest to me.. and then what's the point if it's already been decided.. I think you always have something you can do..

My work is still very new, just a couple weeks-- I'm just getting impatient!!!

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:41 am

Quite a few experienced workers I know of have said, there's no real spellwork without divination. Always do a divination first to determine if the cause is worth pursuing - it can give you more insights into the specifics of the situation, so you can decide what spells/ingredients to use. Often times you need to do divination after the spellwork, to see if the situation has changed.

I've had readings that said 1)a relationship is dead or 2)a relationship is not good for me, with a few of the problems specified. In the former case, I continued to do the works and the relationship lasted for a while, meaning I suffered more when it ended. In the latter case, there're times when I managed to work through the issues with the man, and the relationship improved.

Same with jobs. There's a job I thought would be just perfect for me. Two days after I did a spell on it, I had someone saying "What can you do other than continue to pray?" to me when we're talking about my current job, meaning I had to keep looking. At that moment I knew that was the sign - I wasn't going to get what I wanted. A few months later, not only did I not get the job, but a terrible fall-out happened between the boss of that company I wanted to work for and me.

So, I'd agree that there's the divine will, or the will of the universe. In Hoodoo you work with spirit, and that's what makes things work for you, or not. Eventually you need to accept it's out of your control - you can try to alter or speed up something to an extent.

Usually I'd wait for a month. If there's no real movement then it's safe to say give up on the spell.

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:20 am

I have readings, several and they all say that there is hope...much hope most of them say. But I am not getting anything in the way of progress. I am trying to remain confindent and patient, but just today I found out he has someone living with him. It may be just a roommate thing, none of the readings have picked this woman up.

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:21 am

Well perhapes your not gifted for this kind of work? Everyone has differnt talents and maybe your better at money spells or drawing new love. Maybe you should consult a professional.
HRCC Student #1559

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:41 am

I would agree with Hail.. I don't think I'm gifted for doing " love" work for myself, I hired a professional.. that way I know everything was done correctly..
And I think it is important to do a divination before beginning anything-- good advice all! I have had love work-- " work" -- I just didn't see it because it didn't come in the form I was expecting-- that's the thing I'm getting used to-- or I wasn't willing to go that last mile or risk-- and what is love if not a risk??
I am learning so much here..

daviscol

Unread post by daviscol » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:14 pm

I have had a professional do the the work for me, sure I do a little bit on my own, lighting candles, praying to saints etc. But the actual spell work was done my a professional. She said she has never missed something as big as a relationship, let alone a live in relationship. I have also had several other readings and they too all say the same thing, there is not another woman and it is me he wants. I can understand one reader misreading, but all the of them? I guess I am just a little down today :) I think you are right about the risk and I am about ready to go there. Thanks again I too am learning alot.

Chagrinedgirl

Unread post by Chagrinedgirl » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:31 pm

I'm definitely impatient too, and with love work it can be tough to wait. Keep in mind, as a gifted reader (Miss Bri) pointed out to my astrology-ignorant self, with Mercury in Retrograde last month, communication were royally screwed up. So if you haven't heard from someone and the divinations are good, it could have been from that.
So be it
-Jason Bourne

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:22 pm

LMFan wrote:I would agree with Hail.. I don't think I'm gifted for doing " love" work for myself, I hired a professional.. that way I know everything was done correctly..
And I think it is important to do a divination before beginning anything-- good advice all! I have had love work-- " work" -- I just didn't see it because it didn't come in the form I was expecting-- that's the thing I'm getting used to-- or I wasn't willing to go that last mile or risk-- and what is love if not a risk??
I am learning so much here..
Honey, I know it's tough, but you do have a back-up plan. If you do not get what you want in the time I gave you and you do what I told you to do, then you can scrap it and move on. Now, I will tell you that in all likelihood, when you forget this guy, that's when everything happens. I have seen this so often with my clients, I just cannot tell you.

The reading and work was good, believe in it. If I thought it would not have a successful outcome, I never would have helped you.

You will be fine.

Mary

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:59 am

literarylioness wrote: Honey, I know it's tough, but you do have a back-up plan. If you do not get what you want in the time I gave you and you do what I told you to do, then you can scrap it and move on. Now, I will tell you that in all likelihood, when you forget this guy, that's when everything happens. I have seen this so often with my clients, I just cannot tell you.

The reading and work was good, believe in it. If I thought it would not have a successful outcome, I never would have helped you.

You will be fine.

Mary
Thanks Mary-- I do not doubt you for one minute!! I will stick to the plan... :D

LMFan

Unread post by LMFan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:22 am

Just an update-- Unfortunately my work was not successful.. I am scrapping it-- but at least I feel like I tried something, that's empowering.

path2success

Unread post by path2success » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Does unintentional Visualization affect spell outcome?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:08 pm

When you are doing break up work, I understand that you should be angry...I mean you shouldn't be happy. If you do a search on this forum the subject has been discussed before to exhibit anger when doing this type of work.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

MJR_2

Unread post by MJR_2 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:05 am

If there is a possibility that something is already going to happen will a spell speed up what might already happen? How exactly do spells work?

Deciding if I should use one or not.

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:43 am

Well, I was taught that spell work takes the least resistant road. Meaning it will take whatever the fastest route is to manifest a request. In my own experiences, when I have been someone what they want per se, or sort of helped along something that was going to happen anyways, it manifested faster. For example, if you know someone already likes someone, and you want to get them to like each other more, and become a couple or even marriage, then that is way easier because its something that both parties are willing to do. The spellcaster is just coming in and sort of helping things along. It is way easier sometimes to do this kind of work to help things along rather than, pull suzy from john, and put suzy with tom. I mean if john and suzy are deep in love, it is probably going to take me a while longer to pull them apart. And no its not impossible,however, I just need to be more realistic.

Lastly, read these pages to understand more about spellwork
http://www.luckymojo.com/spells/real.html
http://www.luckymojo.com/spells.html

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:19 am

The one thing that I really like about hoodoo practice is that it is flexible and is intent based. I am trying to get to a basic level of understanding of how best to understand spells that I read about, and also looking to devise my own if needed using these basic principles.

Please correct me if i have figured something wrong here:
1. The items used in the spells correspond to our intent. thus we have corresponding candle colors, herbs, oils etc extracted from these herbs, magnets and so forth...also materials used may vary from person to person according to their personal interpretation?
2. The person or situation being worked on responds better if we have actual physical link of theirs to use as a spell ingredient
3.The working of the spell predicts the likely outcome (if properly interpreted)
4. more oils/herbs (ie quantitatively) does not always mean a better outcome: the essence or intent is more important
5.Spells may be related to the fire (candles), earth (burial), air(blowing powders) and water (freezer/ given in drinks etc) elements
6.It is a good idea to work on a difficult target from all angles or all elements? (Is it?)
7. hoodoo does not use crystals, stones etc..what else is not typically included in hoodoo?

Also good books to read:
Anything by cat...
Reading material on this website: HITAP
What else?

It would be great if any one would help me out further with these underlying principles and how to understand hoodoo further..the hope is that when i do a spell i have a sense of why and how this spell is likely to work, and am not just muddling around...
thanks all
Zee

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:11 am

zee wrote:7. hoodoo does not use crystals, stones etc..what else is not typically included in hoodoo?
Off the top of my head, non-christian deity's, excepting for those used as "Lucky Figures".

The four classical elements, as the classical elements in that usually things are not broken down into "fire work" or the like the way it is in some new-age traditions.

The idea that one should work in a protective circle.

The idea that everyone can do magic.

Off course individual root workers usually do there own thing,lol.

Here's a few other ideas that come up quite often in conjure work.

1) its all up to God, you can want something with all your heart but that doesn't mean you're going to get it, sometimes God says no.

2) The roots and herbs have there own power and do not need to be "charged" as in new-age traditions.

3) Some times so called "Dark work" is very much necessary even up to killing spells, though one should take care to cleans oneself after such work.
HRCC Student #1559

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:23 am

Two stones that are used in traditional Hoodoo are lodestone and pyrite. The old style practitioners didn't use other stones, probably because they were too expensive and in the past weren't as readily available, but a few of the more "modern" workers use crystals, such as Stephanie Rose Bird. Also, there are Pagans/Wiccans/Witches who incorporate elements of Hoodoo into their magic, including Z Budapest, Lexa Rosean, and Christopher Penczak.

Hoodoo has always been about adaptability and practicality, which is the key to its success. It doesn't dwell on esoteric philosophy; it's about getting results.
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:51 pm

The roots, mineral, curious, have particular natures, but no power of their own. Its up to the practitioner to be able to bring the power out of them. Its not that you are "charging" them as in other systems, but you *are* praying over them, having them work towards a particular goal. This is often where the notion of the so-called "gift" comes from. Some people are able to tap into the essence of a mineral, root, curio better than others.

As to your point 5, Conjure doesn't specifically refer to to the alchemical elements of the Western tradition, but they do play a strong, implied role. You can add "heat" to spells, you can "blow" powders, you bury things, send things down a river etc. The elements are there, but you aren't working with elemental magick, per se, rather you are drawing from the power inherent in nature.

The key to power in hoodoo is the ability to pray. Which doesn't necessarily means getting on your knees and saying your "hail marys," but it does mean pouring out your heart, bringing to bear your full astral power for a particular situation.

I actually have a decent opening section in my personal spellbook that talks about the principles of hoodoo in magick working that I'll send you. Pm me, as I'm sure its a bit too long-winded for here.

If you are looking for good books on Hoodoo here is what I recommend:
-miss cat's book is a must, not only is it the single best work i've seen on herb/curio lore in hoodoo, but its traditional spells are a great compilation.
-Rootwork by Tayannah Lee McQuillar
-Henri Gamache's work which will give you some understanding of natural magick/folk magick
-The works of Draja Mickaharic, especially Magic Simplified, Magical Techinques, and a Century of Spells. Mickahraic gets a big dogmatic about how things need to be done, just skip over that.

Good luck
ConjureMan Ali - HRCC Graduate #1550, Forum Moderator, and Member of AIRR

Turnsteel
HRCC Student

Unread post by Turnsteel » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:07 am

ConjureMan wrote:The roots, mineral, curious, have particular natures, but no power of their own. Its up to the practitioner to be able to bring the power out of them. Its not that you are "charging" them as in other systems, but you *are* praying over them, having them work towards a particular goal. This is often where the notion of the so-called "gift" comes from. Some people are able to tap into the essence of a mineral, root, curio better than others.

On this I am afraid I must disagree. Everyone I have spoken to, everyone that has taught me, has always said that the roots and herbs have power, given to them by God to help us. We, the workers play a part, but the power of the curios are very important too. Now that's just my option, and I'm not sure that any of this is germane to what this board is about, but regardless.

I'm just putting my option out there. :) Really I just think its important to let it be said that there are few hard and fast rules in conjure, and most root workers have there own ideas, so don't take what me or anyone else says as the gospel truth. ;)
HRCC Student #1559

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:22 pm

I just think its important to let it be said that there are few hard and fast rules in conjure, and most root workers have there own ideas, so don't take what me or anyone else says as the gospel truth
that sums up what is probably the best thing about rootwork.
for my own part i think 2 things help in working any magic

1.beginners luck or the energy we bring to any form of magic
2.an understanding of meditation..i know its not important to hoodoo per se, but it helps in improving the quality and concentration in prayer which is relevant to hoodoo

I want to continue exploring and learning as much as i can about conjure and rootwork, and hopefully be ready to apply for cat's course someday, Its just that having some idea of the principles, if any, makes it easier to understand the rationale of the spell as well as to figure out which LM products are best applied in what situation...hence my beginning this thread

Zee

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:05 am

HD, I think we agree, just to varying degrees ;-). Herbs have "power", but not without us. As Mickaharric says, "the law of submission." They have a nature and purpose that is God-given, but its us that can tap into it and bring that power to bare. You can sprinkle salt and black pepper till the cows come home, but its not really going to do much until you draw up the power, direct the inner power and spirit of the root/herbs. Now, that doesn't mean that the herbs and roots don't have power, just that its US that brings that power out and gives it purpose. If this were not the case then every house that has red pepper in it would be constantly filled with discord ;-).

Miss Kerry

Unread post by Miss Kerry » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:01 am

For the last several months i've being doing court case work for a family friend's son, who whilst on a night out he was being taunted by an enemy, lashed out whilst holding a pint pot of beer! one moment of madness has caused heartache for his the lad, who has never been in trouble with the law before and his mother who is beside herself. Working with LM products, I did a mojo bag for him to anoint weekly and carry to the priliminary hearing, a honey jar to sweeten the judge and all included in the defence, the enemy a mirror box in the freezer and a name paper of the enemy in his right shoe when in court.

All was looking well at the priliminary hearing it was declared that it would not go to trial and was dropped from a severer charge. He's continued to work with the mojo anointing weekly, saying psalms 9 and 35 daily, I've been burning a Saint Jude candle for the last few months for him with a petition underneath and have kept a candle lighting vigil everyday, as well as today whilst he appeared today for the judges decision.

We were hoping due the boy's history of depression and psychological unease, he would be given a suspended sentence and embark on somekind of therapy as he is frightened and has been suicidal, which was all in his psychological report by the doctor.

Well today the judge gave him a custodial sentence of 18th Months which he will serve 9 months! I am devestated, I feel like I have failed him and his mother. I personally have not had any spell work fail big time in the past and I've been doing spell work for over a decade.

Feel really disheartened, any advice would be welcome....

Thank you in anticipation - Kerry
2010 Course Graduate #1548

JayDee
HRCC Student

Unread post by JayDee » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:08 am

Kerry, contrary to how you feel, you got the sentance lowered and you got him a reduced sentance that is success. can you do anything like meet with the prosecutor based on his medical record ask for him to get a different sentance or have his lawyer petition the judge to put him in an institute as he is a threat to his own life?
PS37-For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 am

Perhaps you were not clear in your petition, and your intention of your work. As the previous poster stated, you were able to get his sentence reduced to half of the time. Not to mention you said in the preliminary trial that it got lessened from a more severer charge. So I dont see how you think you failed. You thought he was going to get completely off? Honestly if this would have been in the US, and he really need that much help because he is depressed they would have sent him to a criminal mental institution if he would have been an adult. Im not sure if you did any work on his lawyer or whomever represented him for them to talk more eloquent and plead his case, but that could have helped some.

The important thing to emphasize here is that your client is feeling depressed which means they are more at risk for suicide. So I would actually continue work on this boy and work with St. Dymphna. She can help with mental problems. In addition, I would tell the mother she needs to get her son psychologically evaluated seriously to get him through therapy and on some possible medication.

Overall, Charm you are being REALLY hard on yourself. I actually think your spell was quite successful, and remember this is a learning experience so the next time you will be even better. Anywhoo, great job and keep up the good work.

Miss Kerry

Unread post by Miss Kerry » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:01 am

To be truthful, I had hoped he would be home for Christmas with his family, you are both right I did my best I was just thinking it would be a 100% success all round. The boy (well he's 22 so he's a man!) could have gotten he heavier sentence i suppose. I worked deer's tongue in the mojo bag so that his lawyer would have the right things to say, along with with other things like celendine, black poppy seeds to confuse the defense, Galangal, solomon seal root for the judge to have the wisdom of Solomon and others that i can't remember off the top of my head, I do have the receipt of the mojo upstairs.

St Dympha, thanks 'stars' for that advice. He's been medically examined and his problems stem from when he was in his teens he started to develop breasts and had to have a mastectomy to remove them, which spiralled him into depression and started smoking pot, he has never had any therapy for his depression or any prescription medication, as soon as his GP see's he smokes 'weed' they dismiss him. I hope that he will get some kind of help, but truly I don't think being banged up in prison will do him any good in the long run.
2010 Course Graduate #1548

divineandsirene

Unread post by divineandsirene » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Hello LM family,

I have a question, it seems that when I used the Follow Me Boy oil or the Adam & Eve or an oil associated with love work, they don't seem to really work at all.

Now I have used other LM oils, powders and curios with much success (associated with success, power, protection, court cases), but it's just that my love oils don't seem to work as effectivly,

I use the FMB oil on myself and have done candle work with it.

I have managed to place the Adam & Eve right on the person & in his shoes, but no effect. What gives?

Now I ordered those two concerning a man that I am happy to say is out of my life (too much drama), but I am ready to attract a new love and don't feel as confident working on this area because of past results with my love-drawing spellwork.

Any suggestions? Thoughts?
Dignity is underrated and love is underused...

ConjureMan Ali
Forum Moderator

Unread post by ConjureMan Ali » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:40 pm

You may be sabotaging your work because of the nature of love work. We often invest so much in love work that it becomes the type of work we obsess the most about. "Is our spell working," "did he or she just look at me, is that a sign or am I reading too much into it," "why hasn't this person ripped my clothes off yet!?" All sorts of thoughts often go through our mind with love work. It also can be that you're naturally diposed to a different type of work, but that doesn't mean you will be unable to have success in other fields, it just means a bit of work.

Here's what I suggest, start by working small. Build your confidence up, work at acheiving smaller goals before jumping into bigger ones. One night decide you are going to wear Look Me Over and Follow Me Boy as a scent and then go out and mingle. Actually pursue people in social events, be charming, sociable etc. You'll find you get more attention. Even if its all psychological, it'll help build the confidence needed for later work. Then move up from there. If there is a particular guy at work, see if you can get his attention and make him your friend. Work a simple Attraction candle spell with a honey jar. Approach that person, build a friendship. From there you might want to try using Kiss Me Now to start a fling, then move to Come to Me and Love Me.

You get the idea? By starting small not only are you building your confidence, but more importantly you are creating strong magical foundations for your work to come about successfully.

Finally, trust you work. Cast your spell, let the petition go out and do its job as you put it out of your mind. The best way of doing this is through baths. Take your cleansing baths to keep all the clutter out and allow for smooth manifestations. More importantly, Live your life and you'll spells manifest.

divineandsirene

Unread post by divineandsirene » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:09 am

Conjureman, thank you for your well thought out practical advice. I feel I need to elaborate a little more. In my waking everyday life, men flirt with me constantly, parties, coffee shops, stores etc. It's just my targetted love work that I am having trouble with, like manifesting a particular type of person or situation. I don't just want anyone, I am very specific and clear about what I want. Any advice?
Dignity is underrated and love is underused...

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:08 am

Sometimes cleansing and protection work are in order before any type of work will be effective; on the other hand and consider this, we are more effective in some work than others, you just have to find your nitch and than there are times we need a worker to do the job for us especially when we are emotional.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:27 am

It could also be that you are simply not gifted for love work. Plenty of people have areas of magic in which they are weak or not talented - or if they can do the work, they just may not be able to work successfully in those areas for yourself!
You may want to get a reading on the matter to get some personalized advice.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

Black Mage

Unread post by Black Mage » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:53 am

Love spells work (and you did say your attracting men), it just depends on how the target reacts to it. For example, I performed numerous love spells on a guy already attracted to me, to boost him into making a move. However, for six months he went 180 and completely ignores me and basically been kind of rude to me. There has and will always be strong, tension between us. Recently after one of his friends started pursuing me did he declare having long time romantic feelings for me but isn’t interested in relationships in general. His avoidance of me in group settings is because he doesn’t want to risk developing feelings for me. A friend of his told me that any girl he considers his ideal or has feelings with he wont pursue it for whatever reason.

I have numerous other stories about my experiences in love work. I guess I’m pretty successful in them, I think it’s because I’m a Libra born on a Friday at the hour of Venus. Now on the contrary I have no to little success with money drawing spells.

Anyways when working with people in love spells, not only do I do a tarot reading I also use psychology. Is he intimated by relationships, have underlining homosexual desires, dealing with stressful situations, possibly psychotic, not that interested in you or attracted to you, or maybe he has other women wooing him. It could be anything. In the end it’s not worth it. I had to learn that the hard way (but I still enjoy performing love spell on guys). Now I advise people to do spells to bring about love and lust in general and if your target’s actually worth your time he will respond to the magic. If not there may be something strange going on behind close doors.

Lucky Mojo Curio Company Catallogue

Return to “Ask Us for Conjure Help with Spirits, Religion, Psychism, Dreams, Magic, Ethics”