Welcome to the Lucky Mojo Forums!

Candles: Snuff Relight Runs Timed & Continual Burns Splints

How to use Lucky Mojo vigil lights, novena candles, figural candles, and offertory candles, and how to fix lucky oil lamps.
snake

Candles: Snuff Relight Runs Timed & Continual Burns Splints

Unread post by snake » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:39 pm

When you blow out a candle is it necessary or useful to dress or fix the candle again the candle before relighting it? Sometimes I'll put some extra attraction oil in my money candle if I really need a new client quickly, but I don't normally do anything when I relight candles.

Lukianos
Forum Moderator

Re: Candles: Snuff Relight Runs Timed & Continual Burns Splints

Unread post by Lukianos » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:04 pm

If I'm burning a candle in sections, I never blow it out--I snuff or pinch it out when I'm done with a burn-section, and then simply re-light it when I want to burn the next section. Some folks do feed the candle a drop or 2 of an appropriate oil with each re-lighting, but I generally don't.
Peace be with you,
Lukianos

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:40 am

With respect to altar lights, offertory candles, and jumbos, i was taught to spit on my finger and thumb and to pinch the flame out, while holding in mind my prayer, petition, or intent. The spellwork is then considered to be "on hold," as it were, and the candle can be relit.

I was likewise taught that to blow a candle out is more final, signifying that you are done with the work.

The most final way to end a candle spell, i was taught, is to turn the candle upside down and quench it in water or snuff it in Graveyard dirt before it naturally goes out. This is done especially when the candle is a small altar light or offertory candle that has been named and "baptized" to represent a person.
catherine yronwode
teacher - author - LMCCo owner - HP and AIRR member - MISC pastor - forum admin

snake

Unread post by snake » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:15 pm

I had never thought about pinching it out vs. blowing it out. Thank you! I guess I'm just a 'fraidy cat when it comes to sticking my fingers in a candle. I don't want to catch my manicure on fire. Would a snuffer be ok, or is that too final?

EcleckticMama

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:40 pm

A snuffer is perfect for such a task!

nati1

Unread post by nati1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:21 am

First off all I would like to say that this site is AWESOME!! I am a long time reader/follower but a first time poster so here goes...

When dealing with glass encased candle, should one let it go out by itself and then turn on another candle since the job is not completed?

Also, with the oils, are the glass encased candles to be dressed once and let the candle burn or can drops be added everyday?

tia!!! (thanks in advance)

carolina_dean
Forum Moderator

Unread post by carolina_dean » Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:14 pm

A snuffer is perfect for such a task!
I'm a little apprehensive about putting out a candle with my fingers too. I've never had a 'real' candle snuffer, but I have a brass candle holder than I use like a candle snuffer.

carolina dean
Carolina Dean
Hoodoo Rootwork Correspondence Course Graduate # 56G

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:34 pm

Hi there nati1,

To your first question I am not sure what the situation is you are trying to address, from what you have written I can think of two possibilities:
1.) You are lighting glass encased candles in runs (one following directly on the heels of another)
2.) You are having trouble getting the glass encased candle to remain lit and there is still a lot of wax to burn.

If you are talking about a situation found in 1, then I would suggest that you let the vigil light go out naturally and then light a new one to replace it. {This is called a sequential burn.]

If you are describing a situation like number 2 then what I typically do is work the vigil light every which way to try to get it burning before discarding it when it is still full of wax. I would consider discarding a dud vigil light a sign that the spell has most definitely not taken and that more work needs to be done around the matter.

For your second question: I dress and bless my vigils once and then set them going and keep them going until they burn out.

Other folks may do it differently but that is how I do it. I don't see why you couldn't add drops of condition oil on a daily basis, I just don't.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Editrix

Unread post by Editrix » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Putting them out with your fingers is really not as bad as it might sound. You can work your way up to it by numbing your fingers with an ice cube the first few times until you get more comfortable.

nati1

Unread post by nati1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks for the response, I was unsure whether to let it burn out completely before relighting the other one. I am under the understanding from the seller to keep one lit until one feels the goal/job has been completed. I have really enjoyed reading the burn of the candles, what I have learned on LM is more than I can express!!!

I was also advised by them to place a couple of drops each morning while the candle was burning and then meditate/pray.

This brings me to my next question: Is there a difference when meditating or actually reading a petition out loud? Is one more meaningful/powerful over the other?

What I have lit is an Uncrossing candle with the appropriate oil and I recite the Psalm along with prayer and an Evil Be Gone and a Michael the Archangel candle. I have them on an altar lined up in a triangle with Michael at the point behind the other two. :)

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:43 pm

nati1, Lucky Mojo does not make "Evil Be Gone" products, so at this point it is obvious to me that you are buying your candles from some other manufacturer and coming here for help. Lots of folks do this, mostly because they think of Lucky Mojo as the most helpful, customer-friendly spiritual supply house in America (which i think we are!) but the truth is, this forum is only for Lucky Mojo customers seeking help with Lucky Mojo products. Please respect the time and energy it takes us to donate this space to our customers -- and ask your other seller to teach you how you work with his or her products.

Thanks!
catherine yronwode

catherineyronwode
Site Admin

Unread post by catherineyronwode » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:57 pm

Spit is all it takes. Just run your thumb and index finger over your tongue, one on each side. Put your wet thumb and finger quickly around the wick. Ssfffft! Out it goes. No pain.

With glass-encased candles, as Edward mentioned, the plan is to let them burn straight through and not to put them out. If you must put them out use a long-handled candle-snuffer. We sell them for $3.00. They have a hinged head, so they will fit into all kinds of spaces. Of course, if you put glass-encased candles out that way, you will need long fireplace matches to re-light them. We sell those fireplace matches too. In a pinch, you can bypass the fireplace matches by using metal kitchen tongs to grasp and hold a regular sized match and manoeuvre it down into the glass. We also sell regular wooden matches.

Remember, maintaining an altar requires tools, just like maintaining a kitchen or a garden. You owe it to yourself as a candle practitioner to have the proper tools -- at least have one flexible-head candle snuffer, a box of fireplace matches, a box of regular matches, and a pair of kitchen tongs -- and a place to store them under the altar or beside it.
catherine yronwode

nati1

Unread post by nati1 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:39 am

I fully understand that is for LM products... I have placed an order with LM and awaiting it (placed it in Feb. and was told it would be soon, I called and checked on the status of the order), because I was rather anxious/desperate for help I bought these candles until my order came in but wanted to be somewhat knowledgeable and experienced for when my order came in. I also totally respect the time and energy that it takes to keep a forum of this magnitude operational. I will await my order from LM and ask questions for those products only.. thanks!!!

nati1

Unread post by nati1 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:50 pm

As a correction it was Go away Evil and not Evil be gone!! ( I have no clue as to why I typed that, sorry) My order was placed on Feb. 10th and I have yet to receive it, when would be the appropriate time to call back and check on the status of the order. I am aware that orders are made daily and in small quantities to assure freshness... Thanks

EcleckticMama

Unread post by EcleckticMama » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:58 pm

nati1 wrote: My order was placed on Feb. 10th and I have yet to receive it, when would be the appropriate time to call back and check on the status of the order. I am aware that orders are made daily and in small quantities to assure freshness... Thanks
I thought I'd give you my input since I have an order out from Feb 11, nati1. I called Friday, March 6, and was told sometime this week my order would be mailed. Realizing that different items are made on different schedules, this may give you an idea when you may want to call. Hope this saves you a long distance call. :D

Miss cat explains the different things made at different times idea here: estimated-shipping-times-t197.html

nati1

Unread post by nati1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:37 pm

I received my first order yesterday and awaiting my second one!!! I was so excited that even BEFORE opening the box, I said a prayer for the contents inside the box to help me!! my next order will be Cat's book and I'm even more excited than ever!!!! I send a huge thank you for everyone that participates on this forum, I'm sure that once I get my hands on the book I will have a much better understanding of whom/what/when and where and especially why.

Amanda

Unread post by Amanda » Sat May 02, 2009 9:28 pm

How important is doing a ritual at the same time over a number of days when time hasn't been specified? Example, say I have to burn a candle over a period of seven days - would it be best to light and relight the candle exactly the same time every day or does it not matter in this case? Thanks in advance.

Miss Bri
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Miss Bri » Sun May 03, 2009 11:01 am

It depends on how much you are using timing symbolically in your work. For instance, if you are are drawing something to you and you have decided to work it in the morning as the sun is rising (which is pretty traditional in Conjure) then you will not want to change course on day three and start working after noon time when the sun is starting to descend from its zenith. If you are not thinking about timing that way in the construction of you spell work then you don't need to consider it. I do take the position of the sun into account when I do my work, so if I am doing work over a number of days, I will factor that in and light my candles or say my prayer at the same time.

good luck,
Bri
Miss Bri-Reader-Rootworker-Founding member of AIRR

Amanda

Unread post by Amanda » Sun May 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Thank you!

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:39 am

Hello

When burning figural candles like a Lover Candle, Green Devil, or a Crucifix one, is it usually more powerful to burn it over seven mornings, or is it the same burning it in one go?

Thanks.
HRCC Graduate #1610

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:05 pm

It is more powerful to burn it over a number of days as opposed to one day. But it depends what the objective is, and how urgent the situation is. But I learned odd numbers such as 3, 7, 9, and 13.

I usually do 9 days for darker workings, but 9 is supposedly a powerful number because it is a magical number, but can be done for positive workings as well. I do 7 days for things like love, money, and success spells. 3 days is like the bare minimum I will do candle burning for any given candle. I have never done 13 days, but I heard that it is extremely powerful, and is used for bigger jobs such as a heavy curse or a deep cleansing and unjinxing spell.
Thank u St. Martha for everything you have done on my behalf.
Thank u St. Elena! I appreciate your great help.
Thank you St. Peter for opening the gates&roads!

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:12 am

I'm doing a nine day spell (tomorrow is the last day) and I've run into a problem. For some reason, the candle burned quicker than usual and burned out yesterday. Should I restart another whole new candle to finish up for tomorrow or just nix the candle and finish out the rest of the spell?
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Well, this is means you are probably going to see fast results. But that depends if you had a lot of herbs oils and powder on the candles then that always causes the candles to go up in flames, and I wouldnt consider that a sign. Now if it will make you feel better...I would get a regular free standing candle, and dress the candle as you did the other one, and let that one burn down tomorrow. That way you did do the spell for 9 days. I usually do this and then if things do not manifest as I wanted them to. I usually repeat it or do another spell with the same goal.

thelightfantastic

Unread post by thelightfantastic » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:22 pm

No herbs, just oil and a bit of crossing powder on the candle. I try not to overload my candles when dressing them so I don't think that was the issue. I've used these candles for years and I've never had one burn so quickly. Weird. Anyhow, thanks for the advise. I'll burn another candle tonight just for completeness' sake.
High praise to Saint Michael for his protection and guidance

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Hmmm well then I would lean more towards fast results.I would just burn a small free standing candle tomorrow just to put your mind at ease.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:21 am

Dear everyone

When burning a series of candles - say three skull candles - do I take a spiritual bath at the beginning, or do I take one before starting each candle?

Thanks.
HRCC Graduate #1610

starsinthesky7
Forum Moderator

Unread post by starsinthesky7 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:44 am

Why are you lighting 3 skull candles? Are they for the same purpose? Personally, I do not believe More is more. Meaning more candles does not necessarily mean more success when doing a spell. I wouldn't burn these candles all at the same time if they are for the same target, and the same objective. I would wait 2-3 weeks to give time for one skull candle to manifest at least. I would probably wait even longer than that, but that is just me. If I did not see results, with the first candle, I wouldnt keep using them, I would hit the client from another angle. But using them back to back for the same purpose is kind of not efficient personally for me.

In terms of the spiritual bath, depends what these skull candles are for. If they are for cursing or laying a trick, then I would do the spiritual bath after because you are cleansing yourself of the negativity. I would do it after each candle to remove any negativity that could be carried over into the next candle. If these candles are for love or something, I would still cleanse myself after each candle. I wouldn't do a heavy duty cleansing, but I would maybe burn some sage, or do a simple salt bath.

But you did not specify what this spiritual bath was for so that would be helpful.

Tabbylove17
HRCC Student

Unread post by Tabbylove17 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:48 pm

For me I take a bath before no matter what type of candle it is because it relaxes me and helps me focus and if I'm doing negative work then I take another purifying bath afterwards. I agree with starsinthesky7 about the 3 candles. I don't know what they are for, but if they are for different reasons then you may want to wait between lightings.
Ask, Believe, Receive!

Loved

Unread post by Loved » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:55 am

I was burning a candle to St. Martha. It had burned for a day and a half, but I had to extinguish it because I could not leave it burning while I went to work for safety reasons. I used a candle snuffer and said out loud, I'm sorry St. Martha but I have to put the light out.
Will this effect the prayer in a bad way?

Second case (same day), I also burned a marriage candle dressed with crushed herbs and oil. The candle burned really fast, the two flames became one and then it started to burn like crazy! The petition and photo I placed underneath started to burn. My smoke alarm started going off. I had to blow it out fast. The flame was huge! I couldn't let it burn out!
Was it bad to blow it out?

Last week when I burned a marriage candle, it burned so that the two flames became one also, and it burned down pretty fast, but It didn't get so huge as this time. Is that a good thing?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:32 am

There have been several discussions on the forum about keeping candles burning safely when you are not at home. Placing them in the bathtub, the kitchen sink, or inside the oven are 3 common options.
Devi Spring: Reader & Rootworker - HRCC Graduate.

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:20 am

Hi,

I am interested in burning a st expedite candle as part of my job search process and my question is does it have to burn non stop? :?:

i obviously have to leave the house now and then during the day, and while i understand i can put it in the kitchen sink etc, my husband (who doesn't know about the hoodoo stuff) absolutely does not allow it. :(

I also think that making the candle a point of argument between us is defeating the purpose of the exercise ( getting him and me a job, and we need to cooperate on it)...so is it ok to occasionally snuff out a vigil candle ...? :?:

thanks all!

Zee

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:06 am

Hi Zee-

Some people snuff out their vigil lights with a prayer of intention that the energy will continue to go out for manifestation even while not lit. I know one occult practitioner (not strickly hoodoo) who strongly visualizes an astral flame burning on the candle when he does this to strengthen the work and keep it working on the subtle planes even if it can't work on the physical for some reason.

But keep the candle lit as much as possible. Maybe your husband will be more comfortable if the candle is left in the oven when unattended? Not much at all could happen in there.

Putting concerns, herbs, oils INTO a candle is called loading it. It's fantastic if you have the capability to craft your own candles like that, and can certainly make a very strong candle. However, you can get the same kind of effect by poking holes down into the candle and filling them with concerns, oils, powders, herbs, etc. So the items are still within the candle while it burns down. I always load my vigil lights like this.

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:12 am

The oven idea is brilliant...i will do it next time.
Thanks!
As for the loaded candles i dont make them myself, but she has offered to teach me candle pouring and i think i will take her up on it! Cant wait for my first LM order to come in!

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:03 am

You can load your own candles by heating up a screwdriver or other metal tool and pressing it down into the wax. Then just put your herbs, oils (a few drops will do you), concerns, etc into the hole while praying over it. You can also coat your candles in loaded wax by melting down a small altar candle and putting your items in the melted wax, then rolling a larger candle through that liquid wax. I've done that before to a pull-out vigil candle using my stovetop, a baking sheet, and some aluminum foil to cover the baking sheet.

But learning to pour your own candles is a great skill!

Literarylioness
HRCC Grad-Apprentice

Unread post by Literarylioness » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Zee,

In my opinion, seven day vigil candles should not be snuffed out. Snuffing them out defeats their purpose and messes with your ability to read the glass. Catholic churches burn candles in them all the time and are still standing, so that argument does not work for me. We actually have a thread about burning seven day candles on the forum.

Loading your own candles is great, but Lucky Mojo sells fixed seven day candles that are prayed over and I recommend those quite often.

Mary

Mama Micki
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Mama Micki » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:28 am

Zee, you would probably do better to use freestanding candles that you dress yourself so you can let them burn down. Four inch burn in about an hour or two and the six inch in about 4-6 hours. This way you can avoid conflict with your husband and get the work done without interference.
Gracias, Jesus Malverde!
Lucky Mojo products available at my eBay store

zee_2

Unread post by zee_2 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:04 am

Thanks so much, all!

I learn so much from this forum EVERY day!

I just got some small 4" candles this morning in the colors i needed and was happy to see the recommendation. they dont smell as good as the dressed vigil lights but i will ligh the 4" ones for prayers and spells and the big ones for their prettiness.

I have loved candles for a long long time!

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:47 am

I dress an enemy candle, and pierce 9 nails into it. :P

can i burn the candle in 1 day, it will take a couple of hours. :)

should I do a 9 days ritual. :o

what is the difference between burning a candle in one day (with 9 nails) or burning it for 9 days (with the nails dropping out 1 by one)? :mrgreen:

I would prefer to burn for a day straight.............. :roll:

thanks for your reply :|

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:30 am

Working for nine days in a row can be more potent, because you take time out each day to really concentrate on the work that you're doing. It's very difficult to sit in front of a candle for a couple of hours in one go, so you don't concentrate as much or pour as much intent into the work. Really, it's up to you. Generally speaking though, if you're going to divide a candle, you burn a portion per day.

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:43 am

thanks again NDG, :D
Working for nine days in a row can be more potent, because you take time out each day to really concentrate on the work that you're doing. It's very difficult to sit in front of a candle for a couple of hours in one go, so you don't concentrate as much or pour as much intent into the work. Really, it's up to you. Generally speaking though, if you're going to divide a candle, you burn a portion per day.
so now i know, my mistake i made with my CRUXIFIC candle last year. I burnt it all in one day, it was very effective (towards the enemy) within 4wks and it got all turned around towards me within 3 months.. :(

APPRECIATE YOUR PROMPT AND REGULAR REPLY......... :mrgreen:

NotDorianGray

Unread post by NotDorianGray » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:08 am

That said, of course, if you need a quick result then burn it all in one go. But that kind of defeats the purpose of dividing the candle.

That's why I have lots of different sized candles: small ones that burn out in an hour or so if I need something done quick, and larger ones that burn longer if I need to work over a period of time.

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:20 am

if you need a quick result then burn it all in one go. But that kind of defeats the purpose of dividing the candle.

That's why I have lots of different sized candles: small ones that burn out in an hour or so if I need something done quick, and larger ones that burn longer if I need to work over a period of time.
THANKS AGAIN NDG, MAKES ALOT OF SENSE... :mrgreen:

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:35 am

If you are doing enemy work, you need to also be doing cleansing and protection work for yourself...that way you avoid getting effected by the energy you're calling up. Did you do the cleansings and protection work that first time? If not, it's a really good chance that that is why you had that negative effect on yourself.

stelselv

Unread post by stelselv » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:56 am

doing enemy work, you need to also be doing cleansing and protection work for yourself...
i am doing alot now, reading psalms, placing a sharp object on psalm 121, 37, 91. 13 herbs bath, cleansing appartment, placing white Candles for protection, around my work...ETC :twisted:

13 herb is very effective, I light incense with it, bathe in it, cleanse my house with it, it gives alot of clarity, no matter how or whenever I do it . 8-)
that way you avoid getting effected by the energy you're calling up. Did you do the cleansings and protection work that first time? If not, it's a really good chance that that is why you had that negative effect on yourself.

first time was last year, i did not do or know anything........ :o

THANK YOU FOR ASKING......... :mrgreen:

danger

Unread post by danger » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:13 pm

If I start a spell on a Friday with a 7 day candle and it burns out on Wednesday, should I continue the spell by lighting another candle the same day or should I wait and light it on Friday again?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:52 pm

You didnt mention the type of spell...but some workers do continue candle spells by lighting another candle from the initial candle's wick (before it goes out). Is your spell a 7 day spell (drawing) or 9 day spell (controlling)? on the other hand, some workers consider the spell finish when the candle goes out on its own.
I am proud to be a Lucky Mojo Forum Moderator

danger

Unread post by danger » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:10 pm

jwmcclin wrote:You didnt mention the type of spell...but some workers do continue candle spells by lighting another candle from the initial candle's wick (before it goes out). Is your spell a 7 day spell (drawing) or 9 day spell (controlling)? on the other hand, some workers consider the spell finish when the candle goes out on its own.
I'm doing an Attraction Spell. Yes it's a 7 day spell. I usually like to keep it going for months until I run out of candles, oil etc.

danger

Unread post by danger » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:00 pm

Hello again! I would like to know, does setting lights in runs mean that more than one candle has to burn at a time while moving the petition paper each time one burns out, or does it mean I have to lite another candle soon after the previous one burns out?

Devi Spring
Forum Moderator

Unread post by Devi Spring » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:56 pm

You generally will light the next candle in the run just prior to the other candle extinguishing - that way there is a constant flame. I just work with the same petition paper, though you could make a new one if you felt the need to.

penny_lane

Unread post by penny_lane » Sun May 02, 2010 5:42 pm

I live in South Texas, it's getting pretty darn hot these days, and I don't have the greatest air conditioner. Sometimes I have up to 5 candles burning at a time. Can I do a 1 hour meditation a day with my candles and then snuff them out?
Thank you Saint Martha for helping my family
Thank you Saint Expedite for your quick help
Thank you Saint Jude for helping me succeed in difficult times

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sun May 02, 2010 5:59 pm

Yes...

adam283

Unread post by adam283 » Sun May 02, 2010 6:00 pm

you can, but if your talking about vigil candles those are ment to be burnt continuous they they are done, but I have seen a lot of people say that they snuff them out and relight them. just dont "blow" them out, use a candle snuffer. I feel ya with the heat and I been to texas before and it feels like a wall of heat is landing on u when u get off the plane from being somewhere else, but if you have a room dedicated to your work I would try and see if placing a fan in a open window blowing out helps with the heat first before I started snuffing and relighting candles, if you dont have any other options then go with working them for a hour a day but realize they are made to burn for 7 days if they are vigil candles so working a hour a day thats.... 168 days for one candle :p

Opi

Unread post by Opi » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:36 am

i want to start using one of the spell kits but am unsure if i'll be able to due to my living situation. any spells i do i have to do in my bedroom because my roommate does not know of my involvement in the occult, but i'm unable to leave any candle burning for 24 hours. is the candle burning in the spell kits something that i do for a specific time every day (which would be fine) or are they candles that you leave burning for multiple days at a time?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:57 am

Most of the candles are burned during a certain time normally at sunrise, than you put them out until the next day.

cabriellenil
HRCC Graduate

Unread post by cabriellenil » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:03 pm

the candles that come with the spell kits should burn for a couple hours at most, and yes, unless you're doing dark work, you burn the candles at sunrise. you can get a safe set-up happening and let it burn down while you're out, if it's not finished before you leave the house.
HRCC Graduate #1610

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:52 pm

I'm doing a simple candle spell I can up with on my own it pertainsn to sex. I ordered a jumbo fixed red love candle from LM... How long do I have to let it burn before it has an effect? Do I have to let it burn all night or is a half hour good?

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:00 pm

A jumbo candle can be worked over a period of 7 or 9 days depending on your desire. If you are drawing sex...7 days...if you want control 9 days...its your choice. It is burned in days to keep heat on the situation...

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:01 pm

can I burn it over the corse of the night then put it out during the day? This is for keeping it hid

jwmcclin
Forum Moderator

Unread post by jwmcclin » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:19 pm

You can...

ShadowyEmbrace

Unread post by ShadowyEmbrace » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 pm

I think I can keep it burning straight through if I move the candle off my alter and place it on my night stand or below it... ususally after I'm doing anytype work in the past I clean my alter off fold the cloth up put whatever materails I was working with into a drawer its not like people just barge in here that rarely happens but on accasion they will knock and I can't scramble to clean everything up at once so I do most my work (was with other systems) at night when everyone is asleep and before anyone woke up I'd put stuff away. ( and yes it does strain on my sleep with school and work being during the day LoL) but anyway if I move the candle to a different location when I go to clean my alter off back into my computer desk will that mess anything up? Thanks everyone for the help btw

Herb-Magic.com

Return to “Ritual Candles and Lamps in Hoodoo, Rootwork, and Conjure Spells”